Obama on Bergdahl: “a unanimous decision among my principals in my government

posted at 11:31 am on June 7, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

The President sat down for an outdoor interview with NBC’s Brian Williams during his trip to Normandy this week and, predictably, the subject of the Bergdahl swap came up. After what was essentially a repeat of his previous talking points – many of which have proven to be dubious at best, if not outright lies, even according to Democrats – he summoned up a new way to describe how he decided to not involve the usual, key Congressional players in the process. It comes at around the 50 second mark in the video to follow, but here’s the key quote, which follows his declaration that he’d do it all over again if he had to.

I make no apologies for it. It was a unanimous decision among my principals in my government, and a view that was shared by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. This is something I would do again and will continue to do whenever I have an opportunity.

In case you can’t believe your own lying eyes, here’s the video.

Just for the record, it’s hard to be sure whether the President was saying “principals” as I transcribed above (as in, the key players in his administration) or if he was attempting to say “principles” in a more vague fashion. But given the context, the former seems far more likely. In either event, what was even more striking was the use of my government which caught my eye. It seems to reinforce the idea that – laws be damned – this is his show and he’ll run it as he sees fit.

Having won two elections, I guess it’s Obama’s world now. We’re just living in it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Obama is America! America is Obama! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

teacherman on June 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Is this where the czars come in?

Fallon on June 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Impeach? Issa still hasn’t handed down any indictments for FF!

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Fluke off, you vulgar classless hack pretender

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM

You ain’t “my president”, scum

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM

The US Obama government’s non-elected “branch” now has it’s own army for the first time in history.

Oxymoron on June 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM

In the old days, it was the Waffen SS.

formwiz on June 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Heavy lifting sissy ain’t my president.

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM

myiq2xu on June 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM

You and me both.

Koyodiak on June 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM

That is precisely what oscar means, but who’s going to fire the first shot? Oscar, are you listening?

HiJack on June 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

The first shot isn’t a gun shot. It’s a furious call to your Congressman, then it’s a visit to your congressman’s office. It’s followed up by public protests. My congressman has heard from me so many times he’s had his staff block my phone number.

So, yes, I am listening, the question is… Are you.

oscarwilde on June 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

the number of people willing to use the word TREASON with regard to Obama is terrifyingly small. Most are scared to death that if they do, they will be labeled racists or wing-nuts or worse. Maybe they’ll get audited, or have the Department of Educations Overdue Book storm troopers kick in their door. It doesn’t matter, he gets away with this because nobody will call it what it is, nobody will stand up to the Black man in the Whitehouse. oscarwilde on June 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I got kicked off of supposedly conservative sites for even suggesting he was a socialist in 2008.

My mantra was it was a socialist pusche,, and I got laughed at.

If it makes you feel any better, I purchased my first AR on Jan 20, 2009.

wolly4321 on June 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Obama continues to display that he lives in another world, with it’s very different rules!

tomshup on June 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Not written by a rightie

Perhaps President Obama stumbled into an announcement of the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl that was ignorant and insulting to those who serve our country in uniform, but his subsequent reaction to the criticism it has provoked is a disgrace.

Across oceans, surrounded by European leaders with the eyes of the world watching, our commander in chief refused to find measured and presidential words to describe the difficulty of his choice Thursday, dismissing objections from lawmakers in both parties as some typical Washington food fight, saying “I’m never surprised by controversies that are whipped up in Washington, all right?”

Bergdahl needed to come home, but it appears Obama has failed to appreciate that Americans are scared of what they have learned about the five top most wanted men our government allowed Taliban leaders to choose in exchange for Bergdahl. Democrats, Republicans — familiar or unfamiliar with the traditions of war — are asking why this could happen and how soon the five men will be back in the fight against us. Those in the military, who know desertion as one of the most severe crimes in the military justice system, are outraged. Members of Congress, a co-equal branch of government, were not only left out of the decision-making process about the swap but haven’t even earned the respect of a heads-up from the Obama administration, which felt it fit for them to learn about it on television Saturday when the rest of us did.

Why?

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

My holes are never too deep for my shovel.

fogw on June 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM

If they don’t listen to our phone calls, there is always the voting booth, too. But nobody even shows up to do that anymore. I’m afraid that by the time the nation as a whole gets angry enough to actually pay attention to what is going on and decides to do something about it, it will take drastic measures to reverse. Until then, we are a bunch of cranks on a message board preaching to the choir.

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Are there any democrats who love America enough to call for impeachment? C’mon Bill Clinton, do the right thing!

Naturally Curly on June 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Obama on Bergdahl: “a unanimous decision among my principals in my government“

Right. Let me paraphrase slightly:

A unanimous decision among myself and those people who do what I tell them to do

Wow, I’m shocked – SHOCKED – to find out that the Narcissist in Chief and his band of sycophants would all come to a unanimous decision. Imagine that!

deadrody on June 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

e first shot isn’t a gun shot. It’s a furious call to you Congressman, then it’s a visit to your congressman’s office. It’s followed up by public protests. My congressman has heard from me so many times he’s had his staff block my phone number. The problem is, exactly what my congressman told me. You are one person, you are right, but you are still just one person. Until every congressman is confronted by thousands of people making the exact same demands that you are making, nothing is going to happen. So, yes, I am listening, the question is… Are you. oscarwilde on June 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Which one should I call?

John mccain?
Jeff flake?

Or ron barber?

Or should I skip the middle man and call the chamber of commerce?

wolly4321 on June 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Can we impeach this narcissistic bastage yet?

Not with a Democratic majority in Congress and a bunch of worthless cowards in the “loyal” opposition. Not gonna happen.

hachiban on June 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Obama killed Osama

nonintelligent on June 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

And he only got a 5 point bounce in his job approval for doing so, despite the fact that AP sampled twice as many Democrats as Republicans in said “poll”.

On the other hand, Chimpy Bush let Osama hit us on 9/11, and his job approval soared upwards by 35 points, to 90%.

Let us know when your Cult Leader gets a 90% job approval rating and we’ll stop laughing at you.

F-

Del Dolemonte on June 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I disagree. While Kerry may have been our biggest traitor, it is Jane Fonda that is our most famous traitor during the Vietnam “War”.

HiJack on June 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Jane’s a traitress.

Buddahpundit on June 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Atty Gen Holder has created a new arm of Americorps called ‘Justice Americorps’ and has enlisted the help of hundreds of lawyers and paralegals to assist these ILLEGALS once they arrive here. Holder said, and I quote, ” This new program represents a historic step to strengthen our justice system and protect the rights of the most vunerable members of OUR society.”

And I bet you can’t guess who is paying the bill for all these “free” immigration lawyers being provided to new illegal aliens flooding across our border? That’s right, suckers, it’s you. The Obama administration has already given millions of dollars of your money to fund this “justice” effort — to make sure foreign lawbreakers get rewarded with the “right” to remain in the country whose laws they willfully violated.

AZCoyote on June 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Also, its a good time to repeat that this guy is going to go down as BY FAR one of THE worst presidents in the history of this nation.

Not only will his presidency have been entirely ineffective at accomplishing any “good” for the nation, it will have set the stage to incomparable damage in the near future, but his complete and utter disregard for the law and the Constitution will set the foundation for any number of tyrants in the office to do whatever the hell they want in the future.

Its unreal the damage this F’ing moron is doing to this nation.

deadrody on June 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

So, yes, I am listening, the question is… Are you.

oscarwilde on June 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I didn’t necessarily mean a gunshot. Let me tell you something, oscar, I fired my first shot over twenty years ago, and what I got for it was people don’t give a damm. I put my personal freedom on the line and paid for it, so I leave it to others now. When the time comes I’ll put my life on the line if I have to. What have you done? Have you gone to prison to pay for your stand for freedom? No? Then STFU!

HiJack on June 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM

One of the previously released Gitmo rug-fliers organized the Benghazi killing.

obama “we leave no American behind”…uh-huh!

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM

obama, when will you bring the Marine from Mexico home, the one who really served with honor and distinction?

Yes, our Marine!

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Just sickening. Absolutely sickening.

jaywemm on June 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Europe is in a total furor over the gum-chewing-obama while the Marseillaise was being played. All the papers and Twitter are blasting him as vulgar, still.

They finally saw their obama the way he really always was/is.

Schadenfreude, pure!!!

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Big deal. Bush also used the term “my government .”

Aplombed on June 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Weak attempt to hijack a thread about O’bama duly noted.

F-

Care to give us the exact context, supported by links, to when Chimpy Bush used that term? I found a claim on Daily Kos (what a shock!) but their link was dead, and wikiquote doesn’t have a source for him ever saying that.

(Starts another Sundial)

Del Dolemonte on June 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

AZCoyote on June 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I do a property downtown in Tuscon right by the bus station.

It’s for real. I think I’m going to make a point of keeping an eye on the place.

Is there a way of posting pics on here? Nobody ever does. Photobucket?

wolly4321 on June 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Its unreal that the people are continuing to allow the damage this F’ing moron is doing to this nation.

deadrody on June 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

FIFY.

bgibbs1000 on June 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Of course, I meant the Senate. Between Reid and McConnell, and people like McCain and Graham, no one will lift a finger. The only way Obama leaves office, in the most optimistic of views, is the arrival of January 20, 2017.

hachiban on June 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

My principals in my government

Would those principals be “Me, Myself, and I?”

There Goes the Neighborhood on June 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Would those principals be “Me, Myself, and I?”

There Goes the Neighborhood on June 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Is that the name of his new book?

VegasRick on June 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

hachiban on June 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We will be under martial law by then as a result of civil unrest. Why do you think every domestic government agency is armed to the teeth? Barack Obama has it all set up. When the first hint of civil violence erupts, you can bet that he’ll slam it all shut, declare martial law, cancel the 2016 elections and throw away the key to the shackles that we are all already wearing.

bimmcorp on June 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

nonpartisan on June 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

You’re number ONE!1!1!!

[at missing the point]

stvnscott on June 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM

You can’t intentionally miss points, which is my doppelganger’s MO. He(?)’s trolling. Taking him seriously means you are taking his troll bait.

non-nonpartisan on June 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Obama killed Osama

He didn’t. The SEALs did, and obama, like a creep, took all the credit and had most of them killed. obama also ruined the relationship with his Poookistan and the doctor who identified Osama is still in prison. Plus, the entire droning and even Bergdahl rescue were ruined after that.

and saved an american American from taliban

Fool, Bergdahl was held by the Haqquanis, those who cut 6000 throats, forcing women/children to watch. They were paid millions to hand Bergdahl over to the Taliban, so that your oaf, who’s chief, could give them 5 future Afghanistan cabinet members, and endanger every single American now, Soldiers or not. Bergdahl was NEVER a POW and is a defector.

…so you must find someway to tarnish his heroic deeds??!

nonpartisan on June 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

There is NOTHING heroic about obama, ever, nothing factual anyway. your imagination doesn’t count and your brain if full of obama’s shit. It ain’t Beluga caviar, moron. Get away before it chokes you.

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM

President Pantywaist is out on the golf course today. Pastor Saeed and the young Marine in Mexico are not accompanying him.

kingsjester on June 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Dumbo speaks and no one will impeach.

SC.Charlie on June 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM

It is not heroic to allow Veterans to die on waiting lists, for big bonuses “under my administration”.

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

So, obama is admitting that he has committed yet another IMPEACHABLE offense?

There is no other choice – obama MUST BE IMPEACHED – and then tried for TREASON.

Pork-Chop on June 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

So, he us saying that it was a group decision, not his. The collective as it was. He can not take sole responsibility for his decisions. If the decision goes badly, it is the group’s fault. Why can’t this man just say, it was my decision and take the responsibility for it.

Techster64 on June 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Prince of clowns.

Knott Buyinit on June 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Say what you will about the President, and I do believe he is more of a tyrant than the President of a Constitutional Republic, but until the vile dung heap that is Congress asserts its Constitutional powers, he can and will continue to do whatever the hell he wants.

King of the Britons on June 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM

How come you leftist scum are not ashamed to defend such a moronic thug?

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM

King of the Britons on June 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Precisely, and why I blame them more. They enable the thuggish fascist.

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We know what Obama thinks of the average U.S. citizen. We know Susan Rice will continue to pass as a National Security Adviser. We know the Administration blames Bush for all things bad and that he drove the car off the road. Well, Obama has made it perfectly clear this is his show and we’re going to do it his way.

At least we know what we need to do in 2016 and should start that process now, including November 2014.

As for myself, being the useless citizen that I am, I’m going to kick back and enjoy watching Obmaa’s slo/mo train wreck for the next two years. The really cool part is it’s like watching a film with ‘stop gap’ (?) photography, flashing before our eyes. Any scene from any any day an essay in horror.

Willys on June 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Techster64 on June 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Because in a few months, when one (or more) of these Talibani terrorists is identified (or caught) in Afghanistan as responsible for killing more American troops there, Barry wants to be able to share the blame.

It wasn’t his fault, you see; he was just relying on the advice of his military advisers. They are the ones who are supposed to know what’s going on in Afghanistan. Barry can’t keep track of everything; he has parties and golf courses to get to!

AZCoyote on June 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Translation: Valerie Jarrett wanted this, so she got it.

SouthernGent on June 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM

It was a unanimous decision among my principals in my government,

The polls must have suggested that he should butch up a little…

bofh on June 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM

So, obama is admitting that he has committed yet another IMPEACHABLE offense?

Pork-Chop on June 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

But does the GOP have the guts to Impeach Obama?

Or is GOP full of gutless cowards like draft avoider 5 deferments Dick Cheney?

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Hope that punk Kenyan is reading this.

DROP DEAD Please !

Texyank on June 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I sure as Hell would prefer Darth Cheney over Jar Jar Biden.

kingsjester on June 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Not bad for Obama…Much better than Dubya Bush was after Katrina in September 2005.

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

Gallup 6/4 – 6/6 1500 A 44 50 -6

Rasmussen6/4 – 6/6 1500 LV 49 50 -1

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Hello, Troll.

kingsjester on June 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Sweet! Government of, by, and for Obama. Can we disband Congress now?

wkh on June 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM

The democrats will have to get rid of him. He’s gone completely over the top. He’s becoming too detrimental to their power.

crankyoldlady on June 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM

“Principle”, as in to get the guy out, regardless. Much of his response is just made up to satisfy the bright lights. I wouldn’t and don’t put a shred of reliance on anything about this suitless Piece Of Styrofoam. But I felt the same way even before the cheesy greek columns of Denver.

Willys on June 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Sweet! Government of, by, and for Obama. Can we disband Congress now?

wkh on June 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Might as well. They are completely useless.

crankyoldlady on June 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

It was a unanimous decision among my principals in my government,

“Let’s put it to a vote.”
“All opposed?”
(every hand goes up)
“All in favor?”
(Obama raises hand)
“It’s unanimous!”

mrt721 on June 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Or is GOP full of gutless cowards like draft avoider 5 deferments Dick Cheney?

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I don’t know if Cheney wanted to go but he has had a bad heart all his life.

crankyoldlady on June 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

There is no U in Obama.

Kevin R on June 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hagel also said they were unanimous in a BBC interview.
He named the principals; Obama, Hagel, Kerry, Dempsey, Clapper and Holder. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27710528

Trucorgi on June 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM

But does the GOP have the guts to Impeach Obama?

Or is GOP full of gutless cowards like draft avoider 5 deferments Dick Cheney?

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Ah, smells like Open Reg Teen Spirit in here. I’ll dispose of you in one post. BTW, are you any relation to Sergeant Pepper?

Tell us how many draft deferments the current (Democrat) Vice President has. Hint: it’s the exact same number.

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

Gallup 6/4 – 6/6 1500 A 44 50 -6

Rasmussen6/4 – 6/6 1500 LV 49 50 -1

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

This thread isn’t about Bush and Katrina. But since you’re bringing it up, tell us why O’bama has never gotten a 90% job approval number in any poll like Bush did.

F-

Del Dolemonte on June 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

How come you leftist scum are not ashamed to defend such a moronic thug?

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Because for Democrats, it is win/lose. For the Democrats to win, you have to lose. All they care about is that, at the end of the day, a D is in the big seat. F- everything else.

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

We could bring up draft dodger Clinton. Or Sen Blumenthal and Kerry, who made up heroic military service.

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Hagel also said they were unanimous in a BBC interview.

Trucorgi on June 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Good, then we know who to put on trial for treason.

oscarwilde on June 7, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Poll: Plurality Of Public Disapproves Of Bergdahl Deal And Only 24% Believe America Has A Duty To Rescue Deserters

The latest research from YouGov shows that the deal to free Bergdahl might not be the political victory that the Obama Administration may have hoped for. Half the country (49%) say that it’s unacceptable for the US to release suspected terrorists to secure the release of a captive US soldier, and even first impressions of this deal before many of the darker details emerged show that people tend to oppose (39%) rather than support (35%) the deal that freed Bowe Bergdahl.

If the allegations about how Bergdahl was captured turn out to be true, support for the deal could fall even further, particularly among Republicans. Only 24% of Americans think that the government even has a responsibility to try and rescue a deserter who is captured by enemy combatants. This compares to 82% for soldiers that get lost and captured, 87% for soldiers who are wounded and captured. Even for soldiers that surrender to the enemy, most Americans (57%) think that the government has a responsibility to rescue them.

Resist We Much on June 7, 2014 at 1:37 PM

But does the GOP have the guts to Impeach Obama?

Or is GOP full of gutless cowards like draft avoider 5 deferments Dick Cheney?

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

No, to the first and yes, to the second.

I was at a luncheon on Wednesday with a representative who would be considered fairly conservative. He said, they can’t impeach Obama, it’s a no-win because the press would hammer them mercilessly, meaning it would make it tougher to get re-elected.

They are affable cowards. He seemed a bit surprised that the crowd did not receive his message very well. He also said they are afraid someone in the Republican Party is going to make truthful statement, or in their minds a misstatement, which will be called a gaffe used to broadly paint all Republicans, think #WarOnWomen. (The same fear, they are afraid one misstep, or moment of honesty, will hurt all of their chances for re-election.) They fear losing an election more than they fear us or what is happening to our country.

They have been threatened and beaten into submission by the Democrats and the press. They are like shock-collar-wearing dogs that belong to a sadistic master. They are not fit to be in the company of this man:

And, finally, there is the New Jersey signer, Abraham Clark.

He gave two sons to the officer corps in the Revolutionary Army. They were captured and sent to that infamous British prison hulk afloat in New York Harbor known as the hell ship Jersey, where 11,000 American captives were to die. The younger Clarks were treated with a special brutality because of their father. One was put in solitary and given no food. With the end almost in sight, with the war almost won, no one could have blamed Abraham Clark for acceding to the British request when they offered him his sons’ lives if he would recant and come out for the King and Parliament. The utter despair in this man’s heart, the anguish in his very soul, must reach out to each one of us down through 200 years with his answer: “No.”

Fallon on June 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Grrr… I meant to delete the Cheney slam.

Fallon on June 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Harvard Marxist.

John the Libertarian on June 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Considering Cheney had his first heart attack at the age of 37; I don’t believe a military career would have been a wise choice for either Cheney, or the military.

Koyodiak on June 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

tdarrington on June 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Or my fave, Democrat Representative Tim Walz from Minnesota. He claims to have served in the military between 1971 and 1996.

However, he has a problem, namely that he was born in 1964. Therefore, according to his own claim, he started serving in the military when he was 7 years old!

Del Dolemonte on June 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

“Fill you hands, you sunuvabltch!!”—Rooster

bimmcorp on June 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

Gallup 6/4 – 6/6 1500 A 44 50 -6

Rasmussen6/4 – 6/6 1500 LV 49 50 -1

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Oh, look, a squirrel Red Herring.

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Michelle Obama says Maya Angelou’s words ‘carried a little black girl from the south side of Chicago all the way to the White House’ – live video

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Oprah Winfrey at Maya Angelou’s memorial service: ‘The loss I feel I cannot describe … she was my spiritual Queen Mother’

Former President Bill Clinton at Maya Angelou’s memorial: ‘She had the voice of God. And he decided he wanted it back for a while’

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Sheesh, Jazz. Shut up and salute!

socalcon on June 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Ohhhhh please….. She came from a middle class family….. If anything “carried” her a** to the WH it was affirmative action…

sandee on June 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Spread

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

………….your cheeks!

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Oh, sheesh, the libs eat up this kind of hyperbole. How embarrassing.

Fallon on June 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM

So, obama is admitting that he has committed yet another IMPEACHABLE offense?

Pork-Chop on June 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

But does the GOP have the guts to Impeach Obama?

Or is GOP full of gutless cowards like draft avoider 5 deferments Dick Cheney?

Ned Pepper on June 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I like that instead of “this is why his actions were legal” it’s “what are you going to do about it”?

rogerb on June 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I’m gonna need more barf bags…

bimmcorp on June 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

This thing has really got the true believers worried….

d1carter on June 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Joined the guard in 1981, according to Wikipedia, and retired in 2005 as a CSM: not too shabby. He may be a bigamist, pederast, typhoid carrier and Democrat, but you can’t really fault his military history.

PersonFromPorlock on June 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Finally, someone agrees with me…I’ve been saying this since he was elected

scalleywag on June 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Derelict, more like depraved indifference, officers sent 16 men (6 + 8 apparently) to their deaths on a worthless, other than political, mission of “Saving Private Bergdahl”.

VorDaj on June 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I don’t think he is just going to give up the keys and willingly walk out of the White House in 2016…

Seven Percent Solution on June 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Note that they don’t say he was a leftwing consultant.

I wouldn’t blame leftists for what this guy was doing… crazy people are crazy people. But I do think the point should be stressed just so our less introspective leftist peers understand the blade cuts both ways.

Karmashock on June 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM

#BreakingNews: Pete Rose Returns To Baseball

At today’s historic press conference, the Bridgeport Bluefish will announce Pete Rose’s return to baseball as Manager of the team for one game. In 1989, the Cincinnati legend and major-league leader in hits, games played, and at-bats agreed to a “permanent ineligibility” from major league baseball as a result of accusations that he gambled on baseball while playing for and managing the Cincinnati Reds. In 1991 the Hall of Fame formally voted to ban “permanently ineligible” players from induction. “Charlie Hustle”, as he was famously known, will make his one time appearance at The Ballpark at HarborYard as manager for the June 16th game vs the Lancaster Barnstormers.

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Translation:

Me…Me…Me! Embrace the suck…. – King Preezy Choom the Magnificent I

workingclass artist on June 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Why, when the president does something, that means it is not illegal.

Madcap_Magician on June 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Well, I rarely give much creedence to “he’ll never leave office, he’s going to stay and be a tyrant when his term is up”, because people have been saying that about Clinton, Bush, maybe even farther back.

When Obama uses phrases and language like this, however… and taken with the fed ammo purchases, militarization of everything including the f*cking post office and agriculture folks, well…

Midas on June 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

The U.S. Capitol and the Library of Congress were briefly evacuated after a small aircraft entered the air space around Washington Saturday afternoon.

Capitol police said contact was made with the aircraft and the plane left the area. There was no immediate danger and the evacuations were standard procedure during such an incident.

Shennell Antrobus, public information officer for the U.S. Capitol police, said the small plane initially did not communicate with air traffic controllers, neccesitating the measures. People on Twitter reported hearing and seeing fighter jets fly over the city at around the same time as the evacuations.

Antrobus said things are expected to return to normal soon.

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM

sandee on June 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM

If that’s true, affirmative action must’ve really been working out. That’s a hell of a load to carry, just saying.

Midas on June 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Finally, someone agrees with me…I’ve been saying this since he was elected

scalleywag on June 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM

O_o

Seven Percent Solution on June 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Zombie Steve Jobs: “Aaaaaaand now I present to you, the neeeeew IPrez!!!”

Red Widow on June 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM