Video: In which you will almost entirely agree with…Chris Matthews?

posted at 10:01 pm on June 4, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

He always had a jumpy White Rabbit look about him, and now we’re through the looking glass. It’s fun when we can join together. Obama’s a uniter, not a divider, amirite? Via the Free Beacon.

Comments

urrg. Just. Can’t. Click. It.

Harbingeing on June 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Noooooooooooo!!!!!

It’s some evil AP trick!!!!!

PolAgnostic on June 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

The tingle is gone…

HotAirian on June 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

urrg. Just. Can’t. Click. It.

Harbingeing on June 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I hear ya. I just can’t subject myself to Tingles under any circumstances.

307wolverine on June 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM

urrg. Just. Can’t. Click. It.

Harbingeing on June 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Amen brother. I can’t believe I even made it into the first blog link. Watching the video would be too much.

Floriduh Jim on June 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Maybe he’s on the wagon.

Mark1971 on June 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I haven’t watched TV in years and rarely click on videos here, but thought I’d “Suck It Up and Salute” for a change.

I couldn’t hear anything the fool was saying because I couldn’t stop looking and marveling at that distracting appearing/disappearing “Lean Forward” tagline being painted at the right top of the screen every few seconds.

I can’t believe they’re still using that …

ShainS on June 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Gee…guess Tingles was low on bread–that was an awful lot of crow he had to eat…until the last few bites, anyway…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Finally, Chrissy is using some protection.

Dolce Far Niente on June 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Ain’t gonna do it.

hillsoftx on June 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM

First MAD magazine and now Mr Tingles

Who would have thunk it?

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Chrissie apparently finally got his medication adjusted.

bofh on June 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Tea party all the way to the end where he says its “now up to the critics” to say what they would do better.
in other words
“Shut up”

Gwillie on June 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Annnnd then Chris blew it right at the end, slamming Obama’s critics by creating the false equivalence of “If you don’t like the way Obama did it, show me how you would bring Bergdahl back,” as if that was ever the question.

Nice try, Chris, but you’re still a shill. Some deals should never be made.

Aardvark on June 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

He had me right up until the end.

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

urrg. Just. Can’t. Click. It.

Harbingeing on June 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Me either.

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Hey, MAD magazine has been on Zero’s case for a long time.

0bama looks more like Alfred E. Newman than Bush did.

cozmo on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

He had me right up until the end.

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

He lost you at ‘goodbye’. lolz

Resist We Much on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

…I can’t…I can’t!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Tingles is saying that Obama made a tough decision.

MKH, this is not the droid you are looking for.

faraway on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Cliff notes…please.

cozmo on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Less disgusting?

Try this: Make the same deal. Then, at the right time, shoot all six parties to the deal, and then don’t tell anyone you did it.

BobMbx on June 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Oh well, it’s better to have tingled and lost than never have tingled at all.

Flange on June 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Cliff notes…please.

cozmo on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Basically he said that this was a disgusting deal and that the Taliban are killers and we just released 5 of them with limited security.

At the end he said it was up to the partisan critics to say how they could have done better than this deal.

All in all it’s about the most lucid I’ve ever heard Tingles.

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Now I’m an angry old drunk?

bw222 on June 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Back to back MKH. Impressive. Intrepid blogger marches onward through the fog!

Franklin100 on June 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM

gophergirl on June 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Thank you for doing what many of us were too chicken to do.

cozmo on June 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM

…I can’t…I can’t!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I gave in.

. . . I gained nothing.

Axe on June 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM

He’s shilling for Hillary now. Preparing the turf for her to distance herself from this.

kcewa on June 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Cliff notes…please.
cozmo on June 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Tingles slammed the White House for the conditions of the trade they made, then slammed Republican “talking heads” and asked how they would’ve done it or done any better.

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I get it now. MKH has Stockholm Syndrome. This is a code for us to rescue her at 30 Rock in NY. HotAirians Unite!

faraway on June 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM

kcewa on June 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Agreed.

ShainS on June 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Wow even Chris Matthews? Once you have lost him you have lost well…

sorrowen on June 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Are you going all Mo Dowd on us, MKH?

White Rabbit

kcewa on June 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

He sounds a bit like a scorned lover. Or someone who just realized the koolaid was actually anifreeze. what really makes him mad is that hes been played the fool over and over and over again and after so many years of playing the fool, where do you go from there? tsk, tsk, tsk.

scalleywag on June 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Tingles the Racist

chadlands on June 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM

kcewa on June 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM

This .

burrata on June 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM

He sounds a bit like a scorned lover…
scalleywag on June 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

It’s your fault, Scalleywag…now I can’t get it out of my head…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM

That KoolAid leaves a nasty aftertaste.

MrX on June 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Regardless of what spittles mouth is saying he is still covering. Watch it again.

Bmore on June 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Bmore on June 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

You mean that turn at the end where he defiantly asked the Republicans if they could do any better and how?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM

WTF? Has Tingles been smoking some of that funny stuff?I guess he’s going to drop BamBam like a hot rock,after all he said he would help Hitlery get in the White House.

jeffinsjvca on June 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Just because he said the prisoners released were bad guys does not mean we should agree with him. He insists the deal HAD to be made.

Ugh, why Chrissy? To save a guy that willingly walked away from his country ? Why did a deal HAVE to be made?

Seems to me to be Chrissy’s typical asshatery.

DeweyWins on June 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Couldn’t bring myself to watch it. Matthews one of the most repulsive, destructive, dishonest people on TV.

I hear through the grapevine that Bergdahl did a lot more than collaborate. He may have led operations.

Apparently his defense is going to be that he was raped into it, which might be true.

Judging by his parents, I’m sure he thought the Taliban were just patriots fighting to eject the occupiers. It’s like the dozen or so peace activists who went to Iraq and were immediately murdered by al Qaeda.

One of them put out five or six videos pleading for his release. Billy Connolly nailed.

“Am I the only one thinking, ‘Get on with it?’” he asked to many boos.

They eventually separated the guy from his noggin, so he stopped recording videos.

A Chair of Some Kind on June 4, 2014 at 10:44 PM

I agree with his ONE point about radical Islamic Taliban dudes getting released being bad news. But I disagreed with his finishing line about us partisans explaining how we should get this piece of crud back. And I didn’t here the other TEN or FIFTEEN negative things about this whole mess that he could have talked about.

A disappointing waste of time. I recommend others don’t bother.

KMav on June 4, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Bmore on June 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Indeed.

No matter what Chrissy “Bad Acid” Matthews says for the moment he’s MSLSD-DNC forever.

Hey, Chrissy ! Thay it don’t thspray it, dogbreath !

I hear he’s got a spit valve on his microphone….

viking01 on June 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I’d say “by keeping the polar bears securely detained within the zoo display.

A locked Gitmo encourages no recidivists….

A belated thanks for the hat tip over on the Bergdahl parade thread.

viking01 on June 4, 2014 at 10:53 PM

He acts like this is the best obama could do because we’re just at the mercy of that nasty old taliban. Matthews dares the parties to come up with a less disgusting trade, as if such a task is impossible. No, I do not almost entirely agree with Chris Matthews. What moron would?

Ronnie on June 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Chris + Matthews = turd

S. D. on June 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM

One of the things that Obama could have done differently, and what his critics could rightly suggest they would have done, is follow the law that he signed six months ago.

STL_Vet on June 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Suck it up and salute? How bout suck it up and resign, you lying egomaniacal pos.

MT on June 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM

oh they are so mad at tingles over there at KOS

lostinjrz on June 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Seems to me like it took him one minute and forty one seconds just to basically say STFU.

lynncgb on June 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM

The emperor really has no clothes. He’s probably teeing up somewhere to get over the bad press.

COgirl on June 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM

So far, 12 references to ‘tingle’…. not me, no sir.

TINGLES!!!

don’t judge me

Tard on June 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Can’t click … either it will be an actual video of Matthews, or it will be a revival of the satanic practice of Rickrolling … not going for it.

:))

thirteen28 on June 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM

He asked for alternatives for getting our soldier back.

Here’s one: President Obama’s crew claimed responsibility for tracking down Osama bin Laden. If he’s able to track down our worst enemy, certainly that same technology is capable of tracking down one of our own, without handing over five of the worst terrorists in Guantanamo.

DarthBrooks on June 5, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Not gonna do it.

I’ve known Matthews as a complete hypocrite for 20 years or so, I don’t need any more proof.

And I don’t give credit to media people who are suddenly seeing Obama’s incompetence and poor judgment NOW, after the clown was elected twice and won’t be on a ballot again. They are part of the problem.

If Matthews truly wishes to do penance for the damage he has helped to inflict upon America, I suggest he hie to a monastery where they take a vow of silence, and stay there a decade or two.

Adjoran on June 5, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Even a blind squirrel…

eaglephin on June 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Matthews errs when he suggests that we had any reason to want this guy back. Not only was it a “disgusting” deal, it was needless.

virgo on June 5, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Chrissie …As a critic, I would have…

LEFT HIM TO ROT IN HIS CHOSEN COUNTRY WITH HIS NEW BUDDIES.

And left the 5 Taliban to rot in Gitmo until Al Quada and the Taliban are no more — until then, they are POW’s in the war they declared and which has yet to end.

fred5678 on June 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM

I must apologize for being somewhat blasphemous here, when it comes to Herr Matthews and his behavior, et consortes, in the past, but here it comes ; “Blessed are the simple-minded, thy
they not recognize their own simple-mindenness”

But to be fair-minded to him, at least, now for this moment, he seems to use his own brain, at least somewhat. Let us hope he starts to use it more and more in the future.

Swedish Patriot on June 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM

what a racist

rob verdi on June 5, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Isn’t it amazing that the GOP relies on liberals to make their talking points?

Brock Robamney on June 5, 2014 at 6:03 AM

He forgot to say that Obama is the worst President in the history of the United States.

albill on June 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Perhaps “Hopenchange,” with all its scandals of late with legs, has become too much even for Tingles to bear. Courtesy of this week’s events, cracks in the foundation, spawned earlier, may have extended beyond repair.

Think about it: A low-fo zombie blindly giving N0bama a pass till now would be hard-pressed to continue doing so upon learning of the facts surrounding Bergdahl’s release. These facts are escaping the black hole. To understand why, see earlier cracks.

Harry Reid understands. This is why he spewed his otherwise inconceivable rhetoric about being “glad we’re rid of” these Taliban leaders now formerly of Gitmo’s zip code. He was playing to the low-fo’s, hoping their distant, unattached monitoring of hard news would somehow interpret the sound byte as meaning we’re better off without these bad guys. We who pay attention know better, of course.

Dems’ internal polling must be downright frightening to them.

I was telling a friend, earlier this week, that I no longer really give a you-know-what what, exactly, brings this POSPOTUS down. As long as it happens, I’m good, baby. It’s gonna be brutal for the left, and NOBODY will save them, not even Hitlery.

Barry Soetoro’s chickens — God bless ‘em — have finally come home to roost.

brentspolemics on June 5, 2014 at 8:01 AM

If you have the stomach to watch the clip… When Chrissy comments on the Taliban around 0:29 there is one word obviously missing from his description of why they fight or the code they live by. They are Islamists.

iceman1960 on June 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM

iceman1960 on June 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM

True. He also fails to note that his description of the Taliban is not dissimilar to that of the left here, in the United States. The left is kind of a Taliban light. Isn’t it ironic. Dontcha think? But we’ll take what we can get — again, to reach as many low-fo’s with something, anything, that’ll bring down this POSPOTUS.

brentspolemics on June 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Great, but he would still go home and hop in bed with Obama…just a little disagreement that a loving pat won’t resolve.

right2bright on June 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Do Note the But Monkey…

He Finishes on the “What would you have done?” challenge, meaning that while he thinks it was disgusting, he still thinks it was Obama doing what Obama Needed to Do.

jaydee_007 on June 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I couldn’t tell if he taking about the Taliban or the Democratic party.

mich1917 on June 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Boy, now I’m really confused. Was Chrissy describing the Taliban or liberal elites?

SpiderMike on June 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Mathews seems at the end to stupidly assume that this deserter had to be retrieved at any cost. How brainless: if your deadly enemy offers you only one option you have to take it? You’d think a dead Bergdahl is the worst thing in the world – these idiots can’t imagine worse?

Chessplayer on June 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Ironic how Matthews is worried about people who inflict a dictated moral code on others.

Because that is exactly what is happening right here in America. And with less historical precedent for their dictated made-up moral code. This brand spanking new moral code we are all supposed to be following, under threat of life destruction, has no history to base any expectation of success upon! It’s all the whim of the moment!

People whose morals arrived in a box from Amazon just this morning, simply have nothing of interest to say.

petunia on June 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Well, whatever hit him in the head this morning should be found, bronzed, and used to smack him in the head every day he wakes up! I’m not used to sense-making comments coming from that face…

sMack on June 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM