Video: Are you ready for the Barack Obama workout?

posted at 5:21 pm on June 4, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. As a confirmed beta male myself, I’m no position to judge — although the eight thousand “Do you even lift, bro?” jokes on Twitter today did make me giggle. Remember back in the summer of 2008, at the zenith of Obamamania, when a German reporter claimed she watched him curl 32-kilogram, a.k.a. 70-pound, dumbbells? Either that was part of the Hopenchange hype or he’s lost a lot of mass since, so much so that this practically serves as a metaphor for how far he’s fallen. Don’t be too judge-y, though: In his defense, he’s going to be 53 this year and has a job that keeps him pretty busy, what with all the celebrity dinners and golfing and horrendously bad prisoner swaps and all.

Er, was this gym secure while he worked out? A Polish photographer familiar with the hotel’s gym told the Daily Mail that there’s no way to snap photos of it from outside the building. The Secret Service insists that there was no security breach and that people visiting the gym while he was there had the same right to take a picture of him as they would have had if he had booked a table next to them at a restaurant. Really? Not only can’t the president get 30 minutes alone in the gym, but the Secret Service is okay with people whipping out electronic devices and pointing them at him? Huh.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Curves workout for zero. Predictable.
There is not even half a ball swinging on this clown.

rick_blaines_forehead on June 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM

If Putin sees this the tanks will roll into Ukraine tomorrow.

Curmudgeon on June 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Does Obama look more like a girl throwing a baseball or working out some 5# dumbbells?

Hey dumbbell working out with dumbbells. Heh.

jukin3 on June 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Dumbbell, just a national and global embarrassing dumbbell…

Schadenfreude on June 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Put those “weights” next to the styrofoam Greek Columns and that would explain a whole lot.

This man has been a fraud and huckster since he was born.

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Conan the Librarian

DanMan on June 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Barry got caught on video doing a Richard Simmons with 10 lbs weights at a Polish gym?

Really?

This guy is stepping in it so regularly these days that I almost feel sorry for him.

Bart DePalma on June 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Hey! We do the same workout!

I’m 5 months pregnant.

sammypants on June 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

jukin3 on June 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Bike riding.

Flange on June 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Where was First Lady Hodor?

Oil Can on June 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Girly-man!

oldsquid on June 4, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I’ll bet shills David Brooks and Chrissy Matthews are still tingling.

viking01 on June 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

O.M.G.

Spare me.

avagreen on June 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM

The Narcissist-in-Chief has probably given the Secret Service standing orders to let people take as many pictures of him as they want.

Rip Ford on June 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I’m surprised his adoring bots haven’t set this to the rocky theme by now.

HumpBot Salvation on June 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I’m surprised his adoring bots haven’t set this to the rocky theme by now.

HumpBot Salvation on June 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

That would just make it funnier.

CurtZHP on June 4, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I’m going to the TX GOP convention, and need to make a Wal-Mart run. I’m going to find a low-weight pink neoprene weight, and find a way to hang it on my person somewhere.

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Bike riding.

Flange on June 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Putting up some curtains.

jukin3 on June 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM

He doesn’t need physical power…..He could go full open dictatorship tomorrow and the gop would just wimper as they got all huffy faced at their press conference.

In American Politics he is the ONE TRUE GOD, No one is before him, No one will stop him, he can become more and more bold as the days wear on and we have only full the power of his policies.

Viva the NEW MEXICAN STATES OF AMERICA………and their first unofficial President Barack Obama.

Julian Castro will be the first President of the fully united US and Mexico.

God help us.

PappyD61 on June 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM

“Set phasers to ridicule and fire!”
Captain Kirk

jukin3 on June 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Conan the Librarian

DanMan on June 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Windex, please.

ROFL!!!

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Do you even lift bro?

Hey Barry, how much do you lift? I don’t know, I use the green weights.

Mojave Mark on June 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Bike riding.

Flange on June 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Putting up some curtainsSuperman Underoos.

jukin3 on June 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM

FIFYABOTH

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You can’t ask for better protection than that! /

scalleywag on June 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I wonder if his “work out outfit” has a POTUS insignia. So everyone can suck it up and salute him.

/Run him outta town on a rail already. Straight back to the Chicago Bathhouse and Mooche’s Tamale Stand.

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Wait until he signs the EXECUTIVE ORDER because of the “humanitarian crisis” on the Southern Border.

THAT is when he will show us how strong he really is.

The surge of illegal immigrant minors rushing over the Rio Grande threatens to overwhelm the Texas Border Patrol, and new figures show the unexpected development will cost U.S. taxpayers more than $2 billion this year, 1200 WOAI news reports.

More than 1,000 unaccompanied immigrant children are arriving in the U.S. each week, according to figures released by the Department of Homeland Security, and some 60,000 are expected to arrive in the U.S. this year. That is up ten times just since 2011.

U.S. Rep Henry Cuellar (D-Laredo), who represents a large portion of the border where the waves of unaccompanied children are arriving, says the situation is out of control.

“The Border Patrol is telling me, we need diapers, we need baby seats, so we can transfer them,” he said.

Some of the unaccompanied children are as young as three years old. More than 1,000 have been sent to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, and others are being sent to other locations far from the border because the flood has left Border Patrol housing facilities packed.

Cuellar says the flood of unaccompanied minors is costing taxpayers $252 per day per child.

Read more: http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-sponsored-by-five-star-cleaners-119078/flood-of-illegal-immigrant-children-into-12413781/#ixzz33iFEQopF

PappyD61 on June 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

You can’t ask for better protection than that! /

scalleywag on June 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Given how Obama routinely screws over the military the SS probably aren’t in any hurry to throw themselves between danger and our traitor preznit.

viking01 on June 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

This fcking “guy” is now a running, traitorous joke. Why can’t we scrape this crap off our shoes?

And, by the way, I’m all for the elimination, or at the very least a declaration of war on the liberals and moderates that foisted this abhorrent piece of crap on us in the first place. It’s time….long past time….for a purge, and a constitutional amendment barring anything socialist, liberal, progressive, or communist from having anything at all to do with holding government office of any sort all the way down to dog catcher.

Death penalty to violators, which means california and new york suddenly will have a lot of cheap real estate for sale.

I’m in!

Diluculo on June 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM

As a woman who occasionally dabbles into lifting weights myself, let me call BS on the German reporter’s tale of the 70-pounder.

I’m female, work a stressful job, and fall off the wagon repeatedly when it comes to working out. I confess all this. A person who even lifts occasionally would have better form, and actually would not have lost that much strength (70-pounders to 7-pounders, really?), short of an actual injury. Muscle loves to be used and abused, and it only takes a few weeks of good training and good form to ramp up to a respectable weight. My creampuff self went from managing 4 pushups to 140 in six weeks using an app on my iPhone. If he ever got to 70-pounders, but fell off for a while, he’d be using 30-pounders at least.

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Why is anyone surprised by his “workout”? It explains his first pitch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ftnSTu-CM

sixchickensleft on June 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

What App do you use??? Please, share!

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I use this one: http://hundredpushups.com/iphoneapp.html

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

This had to be taken with Google Glass. Either that, or the KGB just scored a huge propaganda victory.

ReaganWasRight on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

It’s the cats… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I use this one: http://hundredpushups.com/iphoneapp.html

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Thank you!

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

ReaganWasRight on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Oh my. Wow.

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Thank you!

Key West Reader on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

The app assumes you’re a guy, steps you up, with breaks in between, but damn, have I noticed a difference! I’ve never lost weight this quickly without, umm, certain parts, sagging way too much.

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I don’t really care how much my President can bench, but it’s always fun to see lefty memes explode. Actually, it’s really just more lefty racism. Obama must be athletic, the left proclaims…those people are always athletic, right? Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I think he took his training from this woman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

Brian Mallard on June 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Beast.

BKeyser on June 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM

ReaganWasRight on June 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM

The KGB deployed the LobsterCam knowing it would look routine in any Obama grifter environment.

viking01 on June 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Well, the man who took the pictures, a Jean Ekwa, is coincidentally an employee of the Polish PR firm CluePR – which has its office a whopping 5 minute stroll away from the Marriot Warsawa where this went down.

Coincidentally, Obama is getting rammed in the media for the VA scandal, Berghdal, and new stuff coming out about ObamaCare.

Coincidentally, this light-hearted “fun” look at Obama is taking attention away from those other stories.

I mean, would anyone really put it past this White House to hire a Polish PR firm to make a little viral media magic to take the heat off the C-in-C?

Seixon on June 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Betazoid

Conservchik on June 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Hey prancer, your cameltoe is showing.

TexAz on June 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Brian Mallard on June 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM

That certainly could’ve boosted zero’s MQ* a few notches…

*Masculinity Quotient

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Video: Are you ready for the Barack Obama workout?

…I was expecting one hand…and a little wrist and elbow movement!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Bad news for Hillary, we already have our first female president.

Wilmsch on June 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

…I was expecting one hand…and a little wrist and elbow movement!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM

He uses his thumb and index finger.

cabra viejo on June 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Bad news for Hillary, we already have our first female president.

Wilmsch on June 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

And he has better hooters than she does.

Sekhmet on June 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM

nice exercise reggie-men hes got there.

(though i find this comment reprehensible..i couldnt resist)

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on June 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Guess Reggie Love took the shake weight.

SWNSFW

HumpBot Salvation on June 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

First of all, I work out with a trainer twice weekly at the gym
I belong to. I lift free weights and I have never seen a man or
woman in any way shape or form exercise like Obama. The worse form I have ever seen! WTF!

Secondly, the black outfit is all wrong. No one works out looking like that!

Thirdly, he looks, well you know.

Fourth, I wonder if this was a set up; him thinking that he would
look all manly and all. So, he had one of his aids take the photo
and sneak it out to the press.

First he throws a baseball and now this!

Amjean on June 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon need to pump *clap* him up.

Can someone please add Eye of the Tiger or Take It to the Limit in the background? He’ll never beat Ivan Drago that way.

TarasBulbous on June 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Obama going HAM in the weight room.

TarasBulbous on June 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM

This is so obviously faked. No one can seriously believe this.

Turn MD Red on June 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Yeah, earflaps is just so freakin’ athletic.

Bet our lil’ golfer does this, too:

Gads, what an embarrassment this chucklehead is.

GrassMudHorsey on June 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

There is no way in hell that Obama EVER curled a 70lb. dumbbell.
No. Effing. Way.
Maybe a 70 lb. barbell….m-a-y-b-e….

But a 70 lb. dumbbell????

Nope.

mjs28c on June 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM

what a fa**ot.

Murphy9 on June 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Wow. That made me really uncomfortable.

CommonSensical on June 4, 2014 at 10:53 PM

My husband,”Look, he uses the same weights you do.”

My legs aren’t bad, Core is pretty good, arms-pathetic. It’s said to see a guy my age with the same upper body strength. Just sad.

140 push-ups!!!!140!

talkingpoints on June 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Ussy-Pay.O.T.U.S.

Solly on June 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Breaking: Anonymous Employee At Polish Marriott Reveals The Name of The Song President Obama Was Listening To While Working Out

Resist We Much on June 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Obama’s workout playlist:
It’s Raining Men
All the Single Ladies
Macho Man
Too Sexy
I Will Survive

talkingpoints on June 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Claiming he could bench as much as they said, reminds me of “Braveheart” and how the guys claim William Wallace is 8 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts out his hiney. If Barry’s gonna be weak in Foreign Policy, dear Lord at least not look like you’re playing the part of the beginning of a bad Mentos commercial lifting weights.

The Dude on June 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

So hawt! *fainting*

HellCat on June 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I’m impressed that, even as he prances around the gym, flinging around his little girlie dumbbells, somehow he still manages to look just as lazy, bored, and disengaged as always.

Hayabusa on June 5, 2014 at 2:39 AM

That is embarrassing to watch.

He’s effeminate AND uncoordinated.

Meremortal on June 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Secondly, the black outfit is all wrong. No one works out looking like that!

The outfit is obviously designed to hide the fact Obama has no muscle mass and is not a regular lifter.

tommyboy on June 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Reggie Love: Yeeaaah, he’s the bottom.

2lbsTest on June 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM