Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on June 3, 2014 by Allahpundit

An internal military investigation found that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl intentionally sneaked away from his forward operating base in Afghanistan just before he disappeared in 2009 — and that may not have been the first time he left the post without permission, according to officials familiar with the probe.

“We have no indication that he intended to leave permanently,” one government official familiar with the investigation told Military Times. Several soldiers in Bergdahl’s unit told investigators that Bergdahl talked about his desire to leave the base unaccompanied and that he may have done so and returned unharmed at least once before the night he disappeared for good, the official said.

***

“There were three general orders that we have, and one of them is that I will not leave my post until properly relieved,” Baggett said. “And he obviously did that purposefully and walked off into the night.”

Baggett agreed that Bergdahl should enjoy the presumption of innocence, and that his rescue from Taliban captivity was important.

“But to be labeling him as a hero when all he really did was to just leave his guard post and get real heroes killed, the ones that were looking for him like Lieutenant [Darryn] Andrews, my commander at the time, and [Pfc.] Matthews Martinek, to me those are heroes,” Baggett said.

***

With that near-disaster over, the soldier recounted: “We averaged 18-22 kilometers a day on foot, clearing house to house, room to room looking for PFC Bergdahl…We even went as far as rappelling down wells and crawling through tunnels to look for him.” The standard procedure for re-capturing PFC Bergdahl was not “normal,” the soldier noted. “He was very good with knives, and trained to throw and fight hand-to-hand with knives. We did not know the mental state of PFC Bergdahl at the time. All we knew was he left on his own, he caused us lots of hardship, and if we entered a room and saw him we would put him down because he could attack us.”…

The soldier continued: “A few days later we (FTF) conducted a daylight raid on some tents looking for PFC Bergdahl. We took heavy small arms and RPG fire on approach and ran off the CH-47s in contact. Our entire element engaged the enemy, who turned out to be a Taliban shadow governor and his bodyguards…Multiple people died that day…All of this happened because PFC Bergdahl got tired of playing soldier. The remainder of that deployment was focused on recovery efforts. Countless members of the brigade were wounded and we lost good friends, among them PFC Matthew Martinek and 2LT Darryn Andrews. I have no doubt these great men would be alive if PFC Bergdahl did not leave.”

***

On Tuesday, President Obama insisted that he had “consulted with Congress for quite some time” over the possibility of swapping Taliban detainees for American hostage Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. That’s news to Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein, who said it’s been more than two years since she was consulted on the issue, adding that the exchange was greeted by the Senate Intelligence Committee with “surprise and dismay.”…

In late Nov. 2011, Feinstein was first briefed on the Obama administration’s proposal to trade five senior Taliban detainees at Guantanamo for Bergdahl, she told reporters Tuesday.

Alarmed at the prospect, Feinstein and her Republican vice-chairman Saxby Chambliss, wrote two classified letters expressing their views—in Dec. 2011 to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and to the president himself in Jan. 2012…

“We spent a lot of time on it. This was not a cursory thing,” Feinstein said. “Given the past briefings and concerns that we had addressed…I strongly believe that we should have been consulted.”

***

Boehner was not notified of the exchange until after it happened, when a Department of Defense official phoned an aide in the Speaker’s office at 11:52 a.m. on Saturday and asked the aide to share the news with Boehner.

In that call, according to a GOP aide, the DoD official proactively acknowledged that the exchange was “inconsistent” with the law.

Sources say the lawmakers were concerned by the initial briefing on Nov. 30, 2011, so they wrote a letter to the president to question him on how a potential exchange could impact U.S. national security around the world.

“More than two years ago, members of Congress were briefed on the possibility of such an exchange and the chairmen at the time and I raised serious questions to the administration,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said today. “Unfortunately, the questions and concerns we had were never satisfactorily answered and they remain today.”

***

[F]ollowing multiple reports that Bergdahl deserted his post and soldiers died searching for him, McCaskill will no longer say she still supports the deal she was “very proud” of just 48 hours ago. “I’m not going to comment until I look at the brief,” an annoyed McCaskill told THE WEEKLY STANDARD. “I’m not going to comment until I look at the brief,” she repeated, referring to a classified briefing senators will receive tomorrow.

McCaskill was not alone in her reluctance to support the deal. More than a dozen Democratic senators questioned by TWS Tuesday afternoon declined to defend it. “I just don’t know enough about it. I really don’t,” said Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate.

“It’s very disturbing,” said Joe Manchin of West Virginia. “Everything you hear. I’m going to reserve judgment until after we have a secured briefing tomorrow.”

“You know, I think, um, let me hold off on that,” said Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

***

Let the Army take care of its own. By waffling and insinuating that the Bergdahl episode closed on a high note with his return, the administration has politicized the event. The Bergdahl episode hasn’t finished: It is just getting started. It won’t be over until the Army determines whether Bergdahl deserted his unit, and whether he should be subject to court martial and punished.

By any reckoning, the release of five dedicated Taliban terrorists was a high price to pay for the return of a single American captive. It will be a price worth paying only if the Army is allowed to live up to its own high standards. Left to its own procedures, the Army as an institution will proceed with a thorough judicial investigation. Most probably this will result in a court-martial. The evidence is too compelling to be ignored. If there is a finding of guilt, a judge may mitigate the sentence.

But not to proceed with a judicial course would harm the integrity of the Army. There is a deep anger throughout the ranks about Bergdahl’s behavior. The administration would be well advised not have anything more to do with Bergdahl. Let the Army system work. The Army can be trusted to follow the correct course.

***

Eugene R. Fidell, who teaches military justice at Yale Law School, said by phone Tuesday that the military may want to wait for temperatures to cool on Capitol Hill and for Army leaders to “get their head wrapped around this situation.”…

If the military can prove that he deserted with the intent to shirk hazardous duty, the penalty could be as stiff as five years, either in civilian or military prison, Fidell said. The lightest penalty would be nothing…

There are wrinkles in Bergdahl’s case: He has already spent five years in captivity, and “you typically don’t throw the book at people” who have been prisoners, Fidell said.

***

[A] writer who should know better, Lieutenant Colonel Robert Bateman, actually tries to claim that in his prisoner exchange, President Obama stands in the shoes of Presidents Washington, Madison, and Lincoln (and that Washington, Madison, and Lincoln would endorse President Obama’s actions). After all, he notes, Washington and Madison swapped prisoners with the British and Lincoln did with the Confederacy (prisoner exchanges were not unusual in 18th and 19th century warfare). Prisoner exchanges amongst armed forces conducting warfare under the accepted legal rules in force more than 150 years ago are meager precedent for providing ransom to a terrorist entity that has never complied with the laws of war.

But if Lieutenant Colonel Bateman wants to follow Washington and Lincoln’s precedents, is he willing to go all the way? After all Washington sometimes hanged deserters, and dozens of Union soldiers were executed for the same crime during the Civil War…

The military has a long and proud history of enduring great sacrifices to retrieve pilots behind enemy lines and wounded and even dead comrades in the midst of the most intense firefights. In the conduct of those rescue missions, we are doing our best to defeat the enemies who’ve captured, wounded, or killed our comrades. But we — rightly — do not have a tradition of breaking our own laws and empowering the enemy to bring deserters home and then celebrating their return at the White House.

***

“Following his disappearance, IEDs started going off directly under the trucks. They were getting perfect hits every time. Their ambushes were very calculated, very methodical,” said Buetow.

***

Via the Free Beacon.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 7

Ratso!

OmahaConservative on June 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Evening all.

CoffeeLover on June 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM

All the fun is in the open thread… maybe later…

Rix on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

So , has islam declared a ceasefire ? Are they no more at war with us ?

burrata on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

…burp!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

…burp!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Did you swallow a piece of fish down the wrong pipe?

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

DOTD : Dahl Soup

burrata on June 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Trading 5 Taliban terrorists for a Taliban collaborator must have been Obama’s dream-come-true.

No wonder he and Lurch and Regime jumped at the chance.

viking01 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

…my bride wants to punch that state department blonde with Roy Orbison’s glasses…she has never talked like that before!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I did many push-ups until those General orders were rote.

Drilled in.

wolly4321 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Howdy.

Doc Holliday on June 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

…but washed it down…with a beer!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

So when this stuff about Bergdahl comes out as true, I don’t think there is any choice but to court martial him. I think Dem Senators will have to turn on Obeyme.

Get Buetow & those guys sworn in for testimony. No showboat hearings. Go get this scumbag.

8 weight on June 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Open thread is where all the action is tonight…

OmahaConservative on June 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Good evening :)

I sincerely hope that this brings down Obama, surely it has to?

I am praying fervently that it is the will of God.

I have no other hope.

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Marie makes me want to Barf.

8 weight on June 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

So , has islam declared a ceasefire ? Are they no more at war with us ?

burrata on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

When will they finally acknowledge that Barky is the 12th Imam?

ShainS on June 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Rrrright, he wandered off base, in the middle of f..ing nowhere in Afghanistan, without body armor and weapon, with the intention to come back: ‘off to take a leak and then meditate on the immortality of the soul for a short while, back in a bit, worry not, dearies’, love, B…arrrgh….

jimver on June 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Was there ever a declared war?

Obama, or any president is not officially ‘commander in chief’ until there is a declared war, I’m told by more than one officer in the military.

If the military convicts him for whatever and sentences him, will jugears pardon the ratbastard?

If ratbastard is convicted and sentenced to death, can we throw his father in with him?

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

( popping over to open thread )

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I sincerely hope that this brings down Obama, surely it has to?

I am praying fervently that it is the will of God.

I have no other hope.

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

If God exists in the Biblical sense He cannot be happy with the direction of America. It wouldn’t be the first nation He allowed to fall of its own accord. And I will admit to being part of the problem in that case.

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Random question: when some people here write “GOPe” for the GOP, what does the lower case “e” stand for?

anuts on June 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Yep. That Harz state department bimbo always sounds like she just got shopping-carted in from the fraternity orgy.

viking01 on June 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Bergdahl’s Team Leader: ‘He Is A Deserter. He Is Not A Hero. He Was Looking For The Taliban.’

Don’t ever call Bowe Robert Bergdahl. Meet a real hero: Army MSG Mark Allen, who was one of the many soldiers that searched for Bowe Robert Bergdahl. What did he get for his efforts? A bullet to the brain.

MSG Allen’s wife would like people to meet her husband:

“Meet my husband, injuries directly brought to you by the actions of this traitor. He can’t give an account of what went down, because he can no longer speak. Now, which guy is a ‘hero’ again?!? Sick.”

Resist We Much on June 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

anuts on June 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM

GOPe is the establishment republican jerks. GOP is used by the folks that aren’t repulsed to the point of puking by the GOPe.

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

She hasn’t calmed down from the ride home from Florida.

RickB on June 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

You knew in Obama’s first month of office when liberal hack LA Times columnist Rosa Brooks went to “work in the Pentagon” that you’d end up with people like Blondie there in the last video.

Marcus on June 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

State was in on this too. Where’s John Kerry?

paul1149 on June 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM

All the fun is in the open thread… maybe later…

Rix on June 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

…yep!…”blah blah blah” is over there!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Ah.. Establishment. Thanks.

anuts on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

The Wind blew, the Sh*t flew, and there stood a Koch troll.

ToddPA on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

have no other hope. Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Why not? Can you buy guns legally?

You can hang out in my foxhole.

If you have no guns you have to clean the place and sing to me.
I’ll cook. Chicks can’t bbq well.

Bring Zack CD’s.

wolly4321 on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Oh yeah… In honor of all those State Dept spokeswomen

Roy Orbison – Pretty Woman

climbnjump on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

RickB on June 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

(:->)
…quit lurking…and start commenting (:->)

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

David Burge @iowahawkblog · Jun 1

The first question any real journo would ask Rice: “why the F should anybody believe anything you are about to say?”

Heh…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

News Flash: I am snookered…

Though, and I say this at some risk. Sparky has sent Ed a Mea Culpa, and is waiting on Ed’s response.

I must take a nap now, hopefully I will be back later.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Good for Sparky!

(Back to open thread)

lineholder on June 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Get his fellow soldiers sworn in and give their story. Get to the bottom of this Bergdahl desertion and hang the guy.

8 weight on June 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Great news!

About Sparkie … not about you being snookered. :-)

ShainS on June 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I’d love to comment on this, but I can’t. I’ll just fly into a sputtering rage. Bye America. It was a good run.

DemetriusPhalerum on June 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I agree, He cannot be pleased.

Perhaps we are being punished, I can only hope for a correction and that God can forgive us :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Great news!

About Sparkie … not about you being snookered. :-)

ShainS on June 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

while one did precede the other, there is no causality…

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Open thread is where all the action is tonight…

OmahaConservative on June 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I didn’t even expect to see some of you guys over here at all.

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM

oscar

thanks so much for the update. Good Luck to Spark :)

CoffeeLover on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

while one did precede the other, there is no causality…

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

lol

Axe on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Hannity just had Jonathan Turley on again regarding the constitutional tipping point. Turley has made it clear that he agrees with Obama’s policies, but he does not agree with how Obama is causing an imbalance of power.

I’m surprised Turley hasn’t disappeared mysteriously … yet.

Mark Boabaca on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

News Flash: I am snookered snockered…

I must take a nap now, hopefully I will be back later.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

FIFY

RickB on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

There was a dude who jumped off my ship to the pier at night, I’m talking a running flying leap from the flight deck while he was on watch; he broke an ankle and a wrist but somehow kept going.

The Oakland cops got him at a free clinic two days later, the Navy put his azz in the brig for a while and he got a Big Chicken Dinner. That was in peacetime in the states, Berg should be looking at much worse.

Bishop on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I’m bouncing back and forth…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Why not? Can you buy guns legally?

You can hang out in my foxhole.

If you have no guns you have to clean the place and sing to me.
I’ll cook. Chicks can’t bbq well.

Bring Zack CD’s.

wolly4321 on June 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I can buy a gun, but scared to have one.
I can clean, I can hum!! ;)
I’ll bring Zack CD’s and all my whole classic rock collection!! :)

Cool, I can’t BBQ ;)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Great news!

About Sparkie … not about you being snookered. :-)

ShainS on June 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

God’s capacity to forgive is genuinely beyond human comprehension. There is one caveat, You do have to ask.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

ALT, if you’re reading this, I hope you are gearing up
for the Convention in Fort Worth…I honestly wish
Cozmo, KCB, and NativeTexan were there with you….

Well, maybe not Cozmo…we wouldn’t want any “disturbances”

ToddPA on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I agree, He cannot be pleased.

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

There’s a billboard at the entrance where I sometimes get on I-95 that says “God is not angry”. I chuckle when I drive by and say “Wanna bet?”.

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Thank you for the update!!

Sparkie, hang in there, Ed will let you come back {{HUGS}} :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Bishop on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

On our way to Desert Storm, a couple sailors in our battle group jumped into Chesapeake Bay. Never heard what ultimately happened to them, though.

8 weight on June 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

News Flash: I am snookered snockered…

I must take a nap now, hopefully I will be back later.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

FIFY

RickB on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Oh… Wiseguy eh… nuk nuk nuk…

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Lol, methinks He is, I don’t wanna test His patience!

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Are you a Floridian as well? I keep thinking you are. There seems to be an awful lot of us.

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

anuts on June 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Or “e” for elite. Cause they’re better than we are, you know!

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I’m bouncing back and forth…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Yep, me too. I have tabs open for each…

OmahaConservative on June 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Unfortunately no, I reside in the Great State of Oklahoma!! :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Or “e” for elite. Cause they’re better than we are, you know!

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Well, that is what they would like to think, personally, I wouldn’t let any of them carry a pot of my piss out of the house.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Or “e” for elite. Cause they’re better than we are, you know!

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Howdy!! Good to see you ‘up’ here!! How are you doing INC! :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

ToddPA on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

NT considers me to be a ‘carpetbagger’.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Desperado

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Wow, that chick is spinning.

Dude should have asked her specifically: WHO has refuted the statements of Berg’s fellow soldiers? Give one example.

Bishop on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Lol, methinks He is, I don’t wanna test His patience!

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Same here, I firmly believe it is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of an angry God. I hope and pray it is never my personal fate.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Sam’s Song

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Eugene R. Fidell, who teaches military justice at Yale Law School,

OK, here comes the defense and justification, straight from the ivy leeg

the generals will be given their talking points and further orders by valery as soon as a squirrel is put in place

which means all the evidence against Bergy boy has already been destroyed

the penalty could be as stiff as five years,

which is the same amount of time he lived with the talis voluntarily

either in civilian or military prison,

yeah right

Fidell said. The lightest penalty would be nothing…

Who TF is even thinking about penalties for this family ? Fidell is clueless.

You see he is not a traitor, he was a cute lil prisoner of the big bad talis .

Next stop for the taliFamily — a reality show on VH1 followed by a show on MSNBC

burrata on June 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

I must take a nap now, hopefully I will be back later.

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Great news!

About Sparkie … not about you being snookered. :-)

ShainS on June 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

God’s capacity to forgive

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

When did Ed become God? Does the old God know?

lolz

Resist We Much on June 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

The scumhag from State is an embarrassment to the nation and even to obama. One is obliged to laugh at all the national insanity, tragic as it is.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Do not put rubbing and B9 in a sentence please.

I tend to get excited.

cozmo on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Nothing personal, but how do you get excited over a screen name on HA? What am I missing?

Mark Boabaca on June 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

This ‘guy’ has not been around QOTD at night for sure!!

( had to bring this over cuz it’s funny as heck )

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Well, elite stands for errant snobs, doncha know!

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Hey, Scrumpy! Good to see you. I’m doing OK—been out of the loop for a couple of weeks.

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:24 PM

We miss you Sparky!

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Kitchen dooty calls…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Floridians are one of the largest blocs at Hot Gas…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I think I remember reading down below, that you were not doing so good, hope sincerely that things are going good for you now :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

[tosses CL and JD The Keys to the Joint...instruction cards and signs on the table to the right...] ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

8 weight on June 3, 2014

…thank you…for your service!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

When did Ed become God? Does the old God know?

lolz

Resist We Much on June 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Figures… Another lawyer taking advantage of me while I am inebriated…

oscarwilde on June 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Blah blah blah! QOTD time!

coolrepublica on June 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Unfortunately no, I reside in the Great State of Oklahoma!! :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

That’s right! I forgot!

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Floridians are one of the largest blocs at Hot Gas…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

That is kind of odd. Do none of us have lives? :-D

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Was there ever a declared war?

Diluculo on June 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Yes there was.

blockchords on June 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

That’s right! I forgot!

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Me ‘n’ Jackie are practically neighbours!! :)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Q: If American overseas hiker al-Awlaki had (per Bergdahl taqiyya) declared his teen son an al-Qaeda “captive” in Yemen, would Obama still incinerate the Colorado teen by UAV drone? Or would Hussein trade 5 Qaedist kingpins for his sons “release”?

A: “I made clear that America is not – and never will be – at war with Islam.”
“I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”
–B. Hussein Obama–

Terp Mole on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Hi scrumpy!

coolrepublica on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I smacked my head, went to the doctor, and had a scan done. Head’s OK, brain’s still there (yes, it is! :) ), but took a while to get over some of the bruises and aches.

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

That is kind of odd. Do none of us have lives? :-D

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

It seems that way esp on a Friday nite, when many are here until the wee hrs of the next day!! lol ;)

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Wendy Davis was a member of Ft. Worth’s city council the year that the convention center was dedicated. I saw her name on a plaque in the building.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Ouch!! Oh that wasn’t good, glad about the brain tho :D!!

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM

That is kind of odd. Do none of us have lives? :-D

Judge_Dredd on June 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Scrumpy on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

And I’m rarely able to get on Fridays and Saturdays… my busy nites…

PointnClick on June 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

INC on June 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I’m glad you had that checked.

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Looks like run off in Mississippi and Ernst won in Iowa!

AFK for about……20 minutes.

lineholder on June 3, 2014 at 11:33 PM