Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on June 2, 2014 by Allahpundit

A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2010 that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl walked away from his unit, and after an initial flurry of searching the military decided not to exert extraordinary efforts to rescue him, according to a former senior defense official who was involved in the matter…

Questions persisted, too, about the circumstances of Bergdahl’s 2009 capture. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel declined to comment on earlier reports that the sergeant had walked away from his unit, disillusioned with the war. Such matters “will be dealt with later,” Hagel said…

Hagel, visiting troops in Afghanistan, was met with silence when he told a group of them in a Bagram Air Field hangar: “This is a happy day. We got one of our own back.”

***

At a private Army promotion ceremony in Washington in late 2012, a general discussed how he and a subordinate officer had helped lead search efforts in eastern Afghanistan with an infantry battalion at the time Bergdahl disappeared. “He left our organization and went over to the other side,” the general told the small audience at the closed reception, which was attended by an ABC News reporter…

A former senior military Special Forces advisor who was in Afghanistan and directly involved in efforts to mount a rescue mission for Bergdahl told ABC News there was anger and frustration after Bergdahl’s capture because soldiers were being asked to risk their lives to save a man who allegedly “was disillusioned and walked off base.”…

The Special Forces operator who spoke to ABC News said his team near Kabul was sent to the decrepit outpost near Ghazni to “stir up intel” on Bergdahl’s whereabouts.

“When he left he had his knife, his compass, his bottle of water. That’s what the 25th Infantry Division guys said to us,” the Special Forces operator told ABC News Sunday. “We were all pissed off. We were going to go out there and search every building to find this kid.”

***

Republican lawmakers angered by a White House deal to swap five Taliban prisoners for a captured U.S. soldier in Afghanistan on Monday demanded hearings over why the Obama administration reached the agreement without consulting Congress

Texas Representative Mac Thornberry, vice chairman of the House of Representatives Armed Services Committee, said: “The president violated a provision of law in not giving Congress advanced notice. And while you can always argue that, ‘well, this was an emergency, he needed to act quickly,’ this pattern of violating the law is also a danger to national security.”…

A source close to Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai’s palace in Kabul said Karzai was angry at being kept in the dark about the deal. “The president is now even more distrustful of U.S. intentions in the country,” said the source, who declined to be identified.

***

Mullah Mohammad Fazl, the Taliban’s deputy defense minister, is so senior in the Taliban hierarchy that he once threatened the Taliban’s supreme leader, Mullah Omar. Fazl has “operational associations with significant al-Qaida and other extremist personnel,” and “If released, [Fazl] would likely rejoin the Taliban and establish ties with anti-Coalition militias (ACM) participating in hostilities against US and Coalition forces in Afghanistan.”…

Mullah Khirullah Said Wali Khairkhwa, once the Taliban’s interior minister, was “directly associated to Usama Bin Laden (UBL) and Taliban Supreme Commander Mullah Muhammad Omar” and was “trusted and respected by both.” After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, he “represented the Taliban during meetings with Iranian officials seeking to support hostilities against US and Coalition forces” and “attended a meeting at the direction of UBL, reportedly accompanied by members of HAMAS.” He is “one of the premier opium drug lords in Western Afghanistan” and was likely “associated with a militant training camp in Herat operated by deceased al-Qaida commander (in Iraq) Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.”…

These Taliban leaders are supposed to remain in Qatar, subject to security measures, including a one-year travel ban. Assuming that they abide by the terms of their release, they will be free to return to Afghanistan and take up arms against the United States on June 1, 2015. They will be welcomed back to the battlefield as jihadist heroes, and their reemergence after more than a decade in captivity will be a massive boost in morale for America’s enemies.

***

The argument will be made that he wasn’t worth saving, especially given what we had to give up. Hastings cites “White House sources” as telling him that Marc Grossman, Richard Holbrooke’s successor as AfPak coordinator, “was given a direct warning by the president’s opponents in Congress about trading Bowe for five Taliban prisoners during an election year. ‘They keep telling me it’s going to be Obama’s Willie Horton moment,’ Grossman warned the White House.”

Can Republicans make this resonate outside their base? Hard to say. I think to most Americans, this is a feel-good story. We value a life, one American life. Bibi Netanyahu traded one captive Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, not for five Palestinian prisoners. He traded Shalit for 1,027 Palestinian prisoners. And there was broad agreement across the spectrum of Israeli politics that bringing Shalit to safety, even at that price, was the right thing to do.

But of course, that doesn’t matter to the right. No one outside their base cares much about Benghazi, but that hasn’t stopped them. They’ll keep pursuing Benghazi mostly to see if they can pin anything on Hillary, but when it comes to wet impeachment dreams, Benghazi may have just been pushed to the back seat. The crazy never stops.

***

“It gets really hurtful when I think, this guy was worth my son’s life? My son who was patriotic? Who was a true soldier? Who defended his country with his life?” Andrews told Army Times via phone on Monday. “That guy was worth that? I don’t think so.”

Andrews also was upset to hear the U.S. government agreed to release five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in exchange for Bergdahl’s freedom.

“I bet you anything there were soldiers killed or wounded capturing those five guys,” she said. “So what does that do for their sacrifice? They sacrificed for nothing, because they turned right around and let them go.”

***

***

Via Gateway Pundit.

***

Via the IJR.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 8

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I can’t imagine the Right complaining a lot about this kid coming home. If Obama or his family try to make him a hero, that will be a big mistake.

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM

The Right should ask these questions every chance they get :

Why did this kid want to “come home” to USA when he and his family hate this country so much ?

What other anti-American activities has this family been conducting ?

Will this family aid and abet taliban and other jihady killers now that they have the regime’s total support for jihad ?

How many other jihady families are there in that part of I-da-Ho ?

Unless we keep the focus and conversation on the topic of this traitor family, lefties will keep defending Hussein the jihady.

burrata on June 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM

jake-the-goose on June 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM

jake, jake, jake, I’m heartbroken. You were going on about it the other day and were saying how everyone should go see the movie. jake, no movie required. As they say, been there done that! Lolz!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM

There is speculation that Bergdahl may even have been collaborating with the Taliban.

So…it’s only natural that Obama would want to reward him for helping the Brotherhood whilst releasing same.

viking01 on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

…but JugEars was smiling while pubic hair face…was talking!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM

…in Pushtu, praising Allah…no wonder the oaf was orgasming on TV.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

No you misunderstood. I was saying that I thought tdarrington has been here for years. Here at Hotair. 4 at least.

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

No, I misunderstood Beauty’s question, but it turns out that I didn’t misunderstand. I understood your answer that I did understand.
Understood?

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

…anybody read the Ted Cruz piece in the Headlines?

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Anybody know what the select committee is up to?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

jake, look again. Maybe the movie version will help jog your memory.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

No worries, Newtie.:) There’s only one like you.

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

“Breakin’ Rocks in the – Hot Sun!…..”

……oh, but wait – you ARE The Law…..

williamg on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

It’s green, hilly, and a little cooler than Lubbock.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Will you be going to Six Flags?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Ha! You ought to know. They’ll never get me.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Indeed, you are Bmore :)

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Scratch Ratso and the kitten behind the ear for me.

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Heh. He is off tormenting her right now. Poor Kitten cannot catch a break from Ratso…

OmahaConservative on June 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Understood?

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

. . .

tdarrington

You trouble maker.

Axe on June 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

On The Banks Of The Deep End – Govt Mule

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Nope. We’ll hit a few museums.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

tdarrington

You should hang out and post more often…

OmahaConservative on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

You trouble maker.

Axe on June 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I know. New Texan! Good evening Axe!

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

My biggest ear to ear grin to you! ; )

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Axe on June 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Hi Axe.

crankyoldlady on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

No worries, Newtie.:) There’s only one like you.
thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

(((HUGS)))

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Understood?

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

No. *Gabbo head-spin* “Iyiyiyiyiyiyi!”

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

tdarrington

You should hang out and post more often…

OmahaConservative on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

At least now we know what the “T” stands for.

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I know. New Texan! Good evening Axe!

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

*Southern nod thing*

Hi Axe.

crankyoldlady on June 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

*hat tip*

Axe on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Anybody know what the select committee is up to?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Mr. Crying my eyes out has re-directed them to work
on Amnesty….

ToddPA on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Nope. We’ll hit a few museums.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

At this time of year, ALT, museums are cool, and mind expanding, and cool, and awe-inspiring, and cool, and great learning experiences…

Did I mention they were cool, too? ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

jake, look again. Maybe the movie version will help jog your memory.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

…looks like a troll/sock complex…to me!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Good evening.

Lineholder, are you still here?

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

“But Sir – you ARE “The Man”…….”

……Maybe……

williamg on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Anybody know what the select committee is up to?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

KCB:0

United States Department of Defense
6h

says it will hold a closed briefing on the Sgt. Bergdahl prisoner transfer tomorrow with top Department of Defense officials – @KellyO
see original on twitter.com

Kelly O’Donnell @KellyO · 6h

Senate Armed Services will hold a closed briefing on the #Bergdahl prisoner transfer June 10 with top DoD officials

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We’re nerds. Nerds rock.
From Weds on is convo related stuff.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

<–Eating & Lurking. I'm trying to pile up enough wealth to make Pelosi involuntarily lunge.

Six bucks should do it.

HI SOPHIE RO

Axe on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

The world’s smallest link.

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Some people are like magpies and have no respect for others. Obama is one of them… but they abound and are as common as dust.

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM

obama is maggot to the nation.

For the idiots who comment on TV, or here, about “wait and see for the rest of the story”, you are lame and have been asleep at the switch. This story is 5 years old and it was known by some of us on day one that the guy walked off, drunk, and thought he was joining the Taliban, to “help them right the children of Afghanistan”. When the defector realized that he ended up with the Haqqanis, who scrooomed and terrorized him better than the Taliban, he want to “go home”, the bastard. Meanwhile 6 families are missing their dads/husbands, because of him.

I hope that he and obama both get tried for treason. You swine who live in obama’s azz, you should die of choking from eating his shit. Tomasky, you first, you incredible turkey.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Wolly, I went over to post like I told you I would. I might be at the wrong place. Can you link me to the correct place to comment? Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

That probably wasn’t one of my best ideas. It’ll just pizz him off.

Burlington Free Press has a paywall. He’s the Editor there.

But you, Sir are a gentlemen for offering to do so.

wolly4321 on June 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Nope. We’ll hit a few museums.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Have you ever checked out the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas? The Grassy Knoll? I found it very intriguing. There was a second shooter. I could have made the shot from the grassy knoll. I can shoot, but I am no marksman. Check it out.

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

This is from people who were there, and who followed up immediately. The only thing missing from this article is the fact that they had to sign non-disclosure agreements. However, now they have lawyers and are talking, much to the chagrin of the treasonous oaf, who’s chief. These are not all Soldiers either.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

مساء الخير، الجميع!

(that says “Good evening, everyone!” in Arabic…

…which the Bergdahl family apparently already knows.)

bidenmytime on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Amongst other things. Lolz!!!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

[slides double Whatchudrinkin's to new arrivals...bypasses anyone who fits the New Sign posted at the entrance...enters under "Trivia Contest Round 2"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

My husband isn’t into things Kennedy.

He heard that there’s a few RR museums around.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

obama failed to close Gitmo, America’s enemies may just do it for him. All they need to do is kidnap enough Americans, and they’ll have the place cleaned out in no time.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Alive and Kicking – Tighter, Tighter

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Alive and Kicking — Simple Minds

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Lineholder, paging lineholder…line 1.

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

…which the Bergdahl family apparently already knows.)

bidenmytime on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I hope they meet their 72 virgins, soon.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Bergdahl and his family, sound just like Nidal Hassan of the Ft. Hood terrorist attack.

If he did indeed desert and collaborate, he should be court marshaled and either imprisoned for the rest of his life or put to death. The latter is fine by me if he rabbited. I hear firing squad still works quite well.

Meople on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hello and thank you Canada! I was inquiring about the select committee on Benghazi. Any news?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Yes, sir, here Doc.

lineholder on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Ha! Now your stuck looking for them like everybody else! ; )

bidenmytime on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Sure. But how do you say? There are traitors in our midst. Death to the traitors!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Nope. We’ll hit a few museums.
annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I was in Dealey Plaza back in 1978…it looked just like the news reels…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Howdy! What was the question you were going to ask me?

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I hope they meet their 72 virgins, soon.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

ammeeen

burrata on June 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

he want wanted to “go home”, the bastard.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

He heard that there’s a few RR museums around.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Yawn…..

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Google Translate tells me you say it like this:

“هناك خونة في وسطنا. الموت للخونة!”

I’ll take their word for it.

bidenmytime on June 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

burrata on June 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM

The kid seems nuts and didn’t fall far from the tree. I would like to know how he managed to desert and get promotions. This administration seems to slap our vets in the face at every opportunity.

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Indeed, Paladin.

Have you even watched magpies? They steal everything that attracts their attention, taking it back to their nest and claiming it as their own. Generally loners, they will gather in flocks and attack other birds, attempting to drive them from the habitat.

Most importantly, they are oblivious to how pernicious they are, how destructive their activities become, until the other birds, in turn, grow weary of them and drive them out of their habitat once and for all.

The magpies cannot co-exist peacefully. It’s not in their nature.

Obama is very much a magpie, and so are those who support him and his agenda.

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Yes they are.

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Two or three questions. Not long ones, I promise.

1) What patient ed methods are y’all using?

2) Do you have follow-up through email?

3) Do you have a patient portal?

lineholder on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Ha! Now your stuck looking for them like everybody else! ; )

You’re well-known for that, you know? Among other things. But don’t ask me what? I ain’t Captain Sensible.

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Toast the traitors of HA!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

“هناك خونة في وسطنا. الموت للخونة!”

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Alive and Kicking — Simple Minds
Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Nice! I remember watching this on MTV, back when watching MTV was cool…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I agree-but that’s his thing.
I’d rather go to an art gallery.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Time To Confess – Govt Mule

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I was in Dealey Plaza back in 1978…it looked just like the news reels…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

It was smaller and tighter than I thought. Grassy knoll was less than a 50 yd. shot. Fence was about 5 ft. Perfect rest. Fish in a barrel. Sixth floor shot was many times more difficult.

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Schadenfreude: I love this part, as if I’m shocked about Hopey:)

The Obama Administration seemed either unable or unwilling to put forth any attempt to rescue Sgt. Bergdahl – especially as it would mean violating Pakistani sovereignty, something similar to the bin Laden raid, which would require a presidential decision.

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

>klink<

Hey! Where did this anchor come from?
Someone doesn't want me to leave?

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

The magpies cannot co-exist peacefully. It’s not in their nature.

Obama is very much a magpie, and so are those who support him and his agenda.

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Isn’t there a movement in one of Beethoven’s symphonies called “The Thieving Magpie”?

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

“هناك خونة في وسطنا. الموت للخونة!”

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

My parakeet has influenza, too.

viking01 on June 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Lolz!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Two or three questions. Not long ones, I promise.

1) What patient ed methods are y’all using?

2) Do you have follow-up through email?

3) Do you have a patient portal?

lineholder on June 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Ok, here goes…
1) I’m a hospitalist. I do not have an office. The hospital uses direct education from a nutritionist and other therapists along with videos the patient can access on the hospital network through their TV in the room. In addition, the nurses will instruct on insulin dosing, bandage changing, etc.

2) The hospital does telephone followups. They do have a website, but it is general information about the hospital with contact information for the various departments–I don’t think it is particularly interactive, although there is some patient information on there in static documents.

3) See 2 above–there are a variety of things you can do on the patient side of the website, but since again I am a hospitalist, I don’t see it much and I don’t interact with it at all. I treat people in the hospital and then send them back to their primary doctors, if they have one. I have not perused the patient portal in great detail, so there may be more to it than I am giving them credit for…

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

clink!

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I’s also like to know if
he was a jihady before he went to AfCrapistan ? or the taliParents did that to him after he landed there ?
Somehow, I find it hard to believe that this family suddenly became jihadies after the war started .

burrata on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hello and thank you Canada! I was inquiring about the

Any news?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

KCB;Ooooooooooooh,..my mistake:)

News for select committee on Benghazi.
Stars and Stripes

Democrats on House’s Benghazi committee see role as …
Newser ‎- 20 hours ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — The five Democrats on the House Select Committee on Benghazi are being counted on to defend the Obama …

Democrats on Benghazi panel see role as defensive
Stars and Stripes‎ – 10 hours ago

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Bmore, did you ever see this?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Good evening, JD. :)Good to see you.

I believe that’s Rossini. Excellent reference, and an excellent piece of music, too. :)

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hello and thank you Canada! I was inquiring about the

Any news?

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

KCB: Did you hear about the Kerry Ordeal:0

Matt Lee @APDiploWriter · May 30

Issa blinked? RT @ajamlive: Read: Rep. Issa is releasing Secretary Kerry from the upcoming Benghazi hearing

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

That’s him.

I really don’t care anymore. I’ll put it out there.

wolly4321 on June 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

La Gazza Ladra ( The Thieving Magpie) – Rossini

ht/Judge_Dredd. :)

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

>swoon< … AKB48 is on NHK again.
Those girls are soooooo cute, I could just eat them up!

Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

canopfor on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Thank you my friend!

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Hey! Where did this anchor come from?
Someone doesn’t want me to leave?
Alien on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

[checks ceiling...uses clean towel to get rid of specks...dampens towel...wipes down bar...]

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Excellent point to internalize:

Abu Bin Baraq got not five, but SIX of his jihadi brothers released, five to their ‘middle east’ homelands, and one to his U.S. homeland.

Allahu Ackbar.

LegendHasIt on June 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM

And, not to forget Afghan Bob, what Resist call the father.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Doc Holliday on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Got it and thanks. I’ll just have to do some digging at different websites to find out what they do or do not have.

Just thought I would ask. Trying to lay out a database, but need to have a better idea of what’s out in the industry in a broader scope than just my own little swathe of the planet.

Many thanks, Doc. I’d love to chat, but I’m a pretty pissy mood. Just wound up tighter than a top right now.

If I run into other questions, do you mind too terribly if I send them your way?

lineholder on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Good evening, JD. :)Good to see you.

thatsafactjack on June 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Good evening. But I would have sworn Beethoven. Shows what I know. :)

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Obama State Department: Bergdahl Was Not A Deserter, “He Was Detained While In Combat

I don’t believe that phrase means what you think it means.

Resist We Much on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Walks in… Pauses dramatically in the doorway… Light shining all around my silhouette giving me a angelic appearance… Makes profound statement about the weather… Good evening everyone…

oscarwilde on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

mtownsend@burlingtonfreepress.com.

Try again.

wolly4321 on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

clink!

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

“Clink” back atcha, Ken! But it’s not a glass clink — it’s more like heavy steel. I think Beauty tied an anchor to my exoskeleton.

Alien on June 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

That’s him.

I really don’t care anymore. I’ll put it out there.

wolly4321 on June 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Thank you for putting “it” out there.

coolrepublica on June 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

oscarwilde on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Just wanted to say that I heard about your brother and hope things are on the mend. Prayers coming their way, OW.

lineholder on June 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Judge_Dredd on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Tell you what, JD. I’ll take a look and see if there’s more than one. :)

Still, I’d forgotten about the piece altogether until you jogged my memory. Excellent recall you’ve got there. :)

thatsafactjack on June 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

lineholder on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Feel free, although recognize the answers may be delayed as I am on call…:)

Most of the portal stuff I have heard about is being used at the office level for communication and scheduling–a truly interactive portal at the hospital level is not something I have heard to much about. I hope that helps….

Doc Holliday on June 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM