Scarborough: Rockefeller “owes Ron Johnson an apology”

posted at 10:01 am on May 23, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

An interesting cut from TPM, certainly for Joe Scarborough’s defense of conservatives opposed to ObamaCare, but also for what it leaves out. The cut takes Scarborough’s argument alone, and cuts the responses from the Morning Joe panel entirely. Scarborough calls on Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) to apologize for his crude play of the race card in a Senate hearing, which resulted in Sen. Ron Johnson’s (R-WI) impassioned response castigating the outgoing Rockefeller for smear tactics:

“I must say, I have been behind closed doors with thousands of conservatives through the years. I have never once heard one of them say in the deep south or in the northeast or in South Boston, ‘Boy, I really hate Obamacare because that black president’ — no, I’ve never heard anybody come close to saying that,” Scarborough said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “And I have spoken to some wildly right wing groups. I have never heard it once.”

Scarborough was reacting to a tense exchange between Rockefeller and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) Wednesday during a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on health care. Johnson took offense when Rockefeller suggested that some of those who oppose the Affordable Care Act don’t like the President because he’s “of the wrong color.”

“He’s the only Republican in the room, and Sen. Rockefeller suggested that millions and millions of Americans who opposed the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as the President likes it to be called, have racist reasons for doing that,” Scarborough said. “That’s one of the stupidest, most offensive things I’ve heard a sitting senator say.”

“He owes Ron Johnson an apology,” he added.

I’m curious why TPM cut out the other responses from the panel. It certainly helps with timing; Scarborough’s argument takes nearly two minutes, and it doesn’t even include his particularly effective point about the identical conservative reaction to HillaryCare while Scarborough was in Congress, in which race was hardly an issue. Did the liberals on the panel object to Scarborough’s argument? I’m guessing no, at least in part, but I also doubt it went completely unchallenged.

Not that it makes much difference to Rockefeller, who’s standing by his remarks, even if he’s standing alone:

Sen. Jay Rockefeller may no longer fear the political consequences of charging the GOP with opposing President Barack Obama’s agenda because he’s the “wrong color.”

But he might be alone in that.

On Thursday, no Democrats publicly rushed to back Rockefeller’s assertion that Obama has met legislative resistance because of his race, a remark that sparked an emotional debate Wednesday with Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) over whether opposing the president and his health care law amounted to being “racist.”

Staring down his retirement after 30 years in the Senate and often using a wheelchair because of a bad knee, Rockefeller chose his words carefully Thursday speaking to a pair of reporters. He didn’t use the word “race” or “color” when asked to clarify his remarks — but he refused to back away from his core assertion.

Politico’s Burgess Everett marvels at how this will play back home:

Rockefeller’s assertion is hard to imagine coming from a Democratic senator who represents a state — West Virginia — where the president is more unpopular than in almost any other — but it was no mistake. Rockefeller said the same at the beginning of May, arguing during a transportation hearing that “for some, it’s just we don’t want anything good to happen under this president, because he’s the wrong color.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well there would be no way that an elitist pr!ck like Rockefeller would willingly live with the plebes in West Virginia.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

The question to Rock is…Name that person, who is that person you are so upset about.

As a “leader” it is your responsibility to call out the people in question, bring them in to the public light and let them defend themselves against your accusation.

So Mr. Rockefeller, name the Senator/Congressman who stated what you said they did…let’s just see how honest and forthright you are.

Or is it just another “Reid” attack of unnamed sources saying someone never paid taxes…

right2bright on May 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Instead of “White Privilege” why not change that meme to “Political Privilege”. That’s really the bottom line. If you are a white dem or any kind of Dem.. you have “Political Privilege”.

Key West Reader on May 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM

You must not pay much attention to Dem Senators Joe…

ToddPA on May 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM

The biggest idiots are West Virginia voters who continued to vote for this SOB.

sentinelrules on May 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Meh, he isn’t standing alone – hosts of f*ckwitted Democrats stand with him, and some will be along shortly to support him in this thread.

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

As ive heard from others,he voted against the confirmation of clarence thomas. I guess that makes a racist in the democrat world

jaywemm on May 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

When I opposed Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore and Kerry nobody called me a racist.

Bleed_thelizard on May 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I am quite sure Rockefeller does not realize he said something offensive. That is the way those on the left talk about the right. It is the way they hear the media talk. They hear academics and race grievance hustlers talk that way about the right all of the time, and the media talking heads bob at every word.

The left is just that insular, intolerant and closed minded. There are few in their midst with the basic decency and courage to call them on it.

Johnson got angry? He should have thrown his shoe at Rockefeller.

fadetogray on May 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Post 9/11 Democrats – Rockefeller Memo

Just a reminder of the type of guy Rockefeller really is.

rhombus on May 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Urban excrement, racist pedophile, disagrees.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I guess Rockefeller’s legacy will finally include the statement that he became delusional just before his retirement. It’s a shame to see that most Democrats actually lose their minds during some point in their lives.

regmgr on May 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM

When you can’t win the war of ideas, just shout down and destroy the opposition so that your ideas, no matter how terrible, are the only ones left. It’s worked for all great dictators…

SLMeyer on May 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I am sure that Libby Freordie loves this Rock guy too.

This is the way of Dems. Name calling. Demonizing. Demagoguery. It is the way of the schoolyard bullying. And it works because the LoFo’s are … low information voters. They respond – It’s roller derby in politics.

And of course the RINOs, like McConnell, will play the progressive’s game. He trivializes it all with “the average voter is not John Galt”. Freedom means nothing to that fool (McConnell) too.

Drip, drip, drip … that great flushing sound is getting louder all the time.

Chuck Ef on May 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Sure he does, but Trust Fund Rockefeller isn’t going to give any apology.

SC.Charlie on May 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Politico’s Burgess Everett marvels at how this will play back home:

I also feel, that although Capito is up by 9% over Tennant is WV, I think he comments guaranteed that would be a GOP pick up. I also feel that unless other Dems and disavow what Rockefeller said, this could very well affect other races as the GOP could point out that this is general consensus of the Dem party.

ConservativePartyNow on May 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Johnson got angry? He should have thrown his shoe at Rockefeller.

fadetogray on May 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I’m quite sure Jay was merely speaking what he holds as truth. No matter that it is as offensive as when Sheets Byrd referred to white n***ers and didn’t back down from that comment.

As to the proper response…. I’d prefer a Zell Miller kind of response.

Happy Nomad on May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

It was and is a stupid notion that opposition to Obama stems mainly from racism, but what else do they have at this point?

NOTHING HE HAS DONE WORKS. Tell me one thing obama has done where he didn’t lie about the intentions or the outcome of his actions.

Mord on May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

regmgr on May 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Actually, they’ve already lost their minds. That’s why they’re Democrats.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I assume that most everyone on this board judges Barack Obama harshly based on the content of his character.

Mr. D on May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

“I suspect that Rockefeller may choose to live in the Beltway after his retirement this fall.”
If he’s like a lot of them that’s where he really lives anyway.

russedav on May 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Really Ed? Apparently you missed Joe rip Donny Deutsch a new one over the Benghazi emails a couple weeks ago.

RMCS_USN on May 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I’m actually glad we are getting all this racist name calling crap out of the way. Calling me a racist was once one of the worst things you could do to me. Thanks to Zero, Holder, et al, I now just shake my head and laugh at whatever moron has levied the charge. It has completely lost its sting, as I now know who the real racists are.

stvnscott on May 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I’m not sure why Scarborough is so up in arm about this; prominent democrats have been saying this for years including the vice president and the attorney general. Hell, half the House has been saying this including the Speaker and so has the Majority Leader in the Senate. Did Scarborough just crawl out from under a rock?

BKeyser on May 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

“He owes Ron Johnson an apology,”

How about no.

Johnson handled the whole thing perfectly….

If Captain Carpet Bagger were to offer one up, Johnson should tell him to cram it up his a$$……

BigWyo on May 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

What did the others say I wonder. The Prissy Heilmann, Mumbles Eugene, Ethra Klein, Soggy Spined Willie…..
I’m sure they all agreed and will shortly start an “anti-woman” meme for Hillary.

Marcus on May 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

More ad hominem attacks coming right out of Alinsky’s playbook – repeat the same crapola often enough and it becomes the ‘Truth’. However, I do believe that the American people are, finally, getting tired of the same ol’, same ol’ triteness coming from the true, elitist raaacists.

vnvet on May 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

WTF is in the water in WV? First Senator KKK Byrd goes all drooly and teary over Teddy Kennedy.

Now Rockefellerr appears to be demented accusing Rs of racism because they hate the dogeaters commie policies.

txdoc on May 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Dig up Byrd(D-KKK) and make him apologize too.

Bishop on May 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM

That’s one of the stupidest, most offensive things I’ve heard a sitting senator say…

…that is, until Harry Reid opens his yap, again.

Thomas More on May 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Marcus on May 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Yeah, that was definitely a cast of…characters….

Ezra Klein probably had his hands down his pants…I’m On TV!!I’m On TV!!I’m On TV!!I’m On TV!!…ErMahGERd I’m On TV!!I’m On TV!!

BigWyo on May 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Still steamed that Jim Webb is worried about poor Whites, huh?

ToddPA on May 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Klavan

Democrats have a special insight into the mistreatment of African Americans because… they committed most of it.

Now, we don’t want to dwell on the distant past when Democrats defended slavery against Abe Lincoln and his Republicans… or when they formed the Ku Klux Klan or passed oppressive Jim Crow laws… or when Democrats like Al Gore Sr. or Robert Byrd… or George Wallace or Lester Maddox… or Bill Clinton’s mentor J. William Fulbright… stood as staunch segregationists.

faraway on May 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

And what was wrong with Jesse Helms? You got 10 minutes to dig up some awful myths about him?

*sets sundial*

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Klavan

faraway on May 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Let’s not forget, when the KKK fell into disrepute, the Democratics took eugenicist Margaret Sanger’s work and turned it into Murder Incorporated, aka Planned Parenthood. They have murdered ten thousand times as many blacks as the KKK in their entire history.

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM

And what was wrong with Jesse Helms?
NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM

White Man.

Next.

BigWyo on May 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Mr. Rockerfeller must speak for himself. The conservatives have repetitively said it is the President’s policies with which we disagree and we mean it. Now it is up to the liberals to prove their claims. Rockefeller and Pelosi say they have had conversations with a few colleagues indicating they do not like Obama because of his color but they will not identify those colleagues. Pelosi also says that the families of two of the Benghazi victims have begged her to stop the investigations into what happened. We know two of the families are very outspoken in support of the investigations so we must believe it is the other two families wanting to stop the investigation and one of those is the Ambassador’s family. I really have a hard time believing that Ambassador’s family is happy with the answer…I seriously doubt that.

evie1949 on May 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Topic: Dem senator’s accusation that Obamacare’s opponents are racist.

LFD’s comment: refer to a former senator who died in July 2008 and who last served in the Senate in 2003.

So you’re pointing to a guy who was out of the Senate two years before Obama was in it, probably hadn’t heard of Obama until the 2004 DNCC speech, and was dead about two years before Obamacare was enacted.

Are you phucking kidding me?

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I hate Obama and his policies and he happens to be half black. I loathe, detest and despise Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and they are lily white. See not a racist bone in my body. I don’t care what color your skin is. If you are a dbag I will detest you equally.

neyney on May 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Mr. D on May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Have you seen anything that indicates otherwise? If so, please present it.

I do enjoy the irony of a West Virginia senator lamenting phantom racism when he was the junior senator for a very long time under the grand klegal of the KKK, Byrd. I can’t help but wonder if rocky ever once denounced that particular blatant racist, or if he saves all his high dudgeon for the more imaginary type, like here.

runawayyyy on May 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

By the way, anyone else noted NPR missing the good old days of segregation?

Nostalgia For What’s Been Lost Since ‘Brown V. Board’

“We had our own grocery stores, black doctors, lawyers, dentists, hotel, movie theaters, shoe repairmen, our own segregated YMCA,” Fields says…

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

And while he’s at it, maybe he should apologize to the rest of us for his sick way of then trying to use Johnson’s obvious displeasure as an argument against him.

It’s really diabolical. First you tempt someone then you blame them for being tempted. This is one disgustingly deceitful puppy.

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

The biggest idiots are West Virginia voters who continued to vote for this SOB.

sentinelrules on May 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I can empathize with WV. Imagine being a workin’ man WV Democrat and watching your party rapidly turn into an ultra-left gun-grabbing, Christian-hating, coal-oil-NG-banning, welfare-celebrating, abortion-loving urban gay party.

You don’t want to give up being a Democrat because you regard them as impostors, so you vote for tools like this guy who you think are normal Democrats in hopes of drumming out the freaks. But, since we have the 17th Amendment, they’re learning that all D’s (and R’s) are owned by their national parties. And, the power base of the Democrat party is not the white working class anymore.

crrr6 on May 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

…are the other elitists going to vote…and take his pension away?

KOOLAID2 on May 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM

neyney on May 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Indeed.

But if it’ll make libfree feel better, I detest Obama’s white half.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Keep in mind that Helms started his career as a democrat. He only switched parties after he realized how wrong he was about racism.

Byrd, on the other hand, never bothered to make the switch. He knew the dem party was his natural home, for his entire career.

See, we don’t throw around the racism label willy nilly like leftists, who are actually guilty of being the biggest racists in American history. To this day.

runawayyyy on May 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Take note, boys and girls. This is who you become if you don’t make an honest effort to value Truth.

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

BuckeyeSam on May 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I’m pointing out that Scarborough is a hyperbolic windbag to claim this is the stupidest thing he’s ever heard from a sitting senator when he lived through Jesse Helms being in the Senate.

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

What’s up with Scarborough’s new hair, and the way he pauses when he speaks? It looks like he has been watching too many Presidential debates from the 1970s.

faraway on May 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Speaking of which, any proof for your assertion? Need another 10 minutes?

*applies for grant money to build sundial that will last eons*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Have you seen anything that indicates otherwise? If so, please present it.

I haven’t, actually. Which was kinda my point.

runawayyyy on May 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Just so.

Mr. D on May 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Rockefeller, the swine who doesn’t have the balls to run again, because he knows he’s toast, due to obama’care’, is a racist.

This azzhole is a real stupid critter.

Slave of HA, it’s not about Scarborough, you incredible racist of them all.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM

The terrorists at Gitmo are treated better than the VA patients under obama.

The terrorists are 1.5 to one doctor nor, no kidding. Used to be 5 to one doctor under GWB. They have zero waiting lists now.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Pelosi blamse GWB – see Gitmo, you incredible whore (the book will be written how you made it into politics, you sucker) and scumhag.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

crrr6 on May 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

It’s not the working class at all, white or otherwise. The modern Democratic Party is the party of man-hating feminism, environmental extremism, racial and cultural division, redistribution and America bashing.

If the Democratic Party actually gave any kind of a damn about the working poor, they wouldn’t be fighting to flood the market with cheap labor, thereby driving down low end wages.

fadetogray on May 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Are all the whites who voted for obama, twice, but oppose obama’care’, racists?

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Are all the congresscritters, and the senatecritters, who opposed obama’care’ racists?

I hope that all race-huckster burn in the 20th layer in Hell.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Slave of HA, it’s not about Scarborough, you incredible racist of them all.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Deflection and misdirection is libby’s specialty.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Deflection and misdirection is libby’s specialty.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM

His first specialty is being a racist.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

And, as if on queue…

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Note that stupid Rockefella made the claim on Wednesday, said he’d produce e-mails as proof yesterday, but never materialized…

Go to Hell, him and all his azz-suckers.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

“Sen. Rockefeller suggested that millions and millions of Americans who opposed the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as the President likes it to be called, have racist reasons for doing that,” Scarborough said

Well, but he didn’t say that at all.
I think Rockefeller should be called out –
but if you do it hysterically…then you have no case.

Rockefeller said:

“It has to do with — for some, it’s just we don’t want anything good to happen under this president, because he’s the wrong color.”

I know we live in the age of perpetual offense & outrage, but the actual words and the actual intent of the words are so often taken way beyond the facts.
I made this same point in defense of Richard Murdock and his abortion comments.
I’m just tired of the b.s. – from both sides.
But I expect no rest for the weary.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

But I expect no rest for the weary.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Yes, building straw men can be tiresome.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Now I see where brainfree gets it from.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

And as if on queue…

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

HA leftists, you have zero decency and objectivity. I’ve yet to see you, ever, make an objective critical statement of your own azzes. You are all smeared with their crap. May you never get clean from it. May the stench follow you a lifetime.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

His first specialty is being a racist.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I’ll grant you that.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

But I expect no rest for the weary.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Yes, building straw men can be tiresome.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Well your pattern lately is.
Anything to say?
Anything?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Now I see where brainfree gets it from.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

JRockafreeordiefella on May 21, 2014

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Rockefeller is a carpetbagger in his soul, if not in fact. He will live in comfort in New York, basking in the approval of the prog echo chamber.

jclittlep on May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

When Rockefeller and Levin are gone from DC’s hallways, I will party.

The only one who was a bigger thug, always, was AlGore. A bigger thug than Gore never walked the congressional paths, I assure you. Meeting with that swine is a ‘treat’ for all of history.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Silly Schad…talking sh*t.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Yes, building straw men can be tiresome.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Well your pattern lately is.
Anything to say?
Anything?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Ooh, verbie breaking out the vaunted, time-tested “I know you are, what am I” liberal debate maneuver! Such a snappy comeback – what a witty riposte!

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Silly Schad…talking sh*t.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

May it never wash off of you, silly tiny lamb.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

what a witty riposte!

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

verbie, this is not a compliment.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Well your pattern lately is.
Anything to say?
Anything?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

What would you like me to comment on?

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

what a witty riposte!

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

verbie, this is not a compliment.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Shhh… she’s busy looking up the word ‘riposte’…

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

what a witty riposte!

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

verbie, this is not a compliment.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Thanks for clarifying, Schad.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Didn’t he live through Jesse Helms KKK Robert Byrd being in the Senate?

libfreeordie on May 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I protect you, until I don’t any more, you incredible hypocrite of them all. Never pretend to be an objective analytical thinker, never.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

The best part was Johnson’s response in the hearing. He took Rockie and the Dem’s to the wood shed.

Tater Salad on May 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Shhh… she’s busy looking up the word ‘riposte’…

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Your fancy-pants French is way over my head.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Thanks for clarifying, Schad.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Pleasure…you’re my buddie, or my baddie :)

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I hope that all the race-hucksters suffer gravely. They deserve slow pain for all their unjust treatment of all minorities.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Well, but he didn’t say that at all.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Scarborough did not say Rockefeller said it. Scarborough said Rockefeller suggested it, and he clearly did suggest it. That was the whole point (the only point) of Rockefeller saying what he said.

If we are considering hiring a black guy, and in the interview I say, “Blacks commit a lot of crimes, so what do you have to say for yourself?” then I’m being a racist jerk, and you know it. It doesn’t matter that I haven’t actually accused him of anything. I would still be a racist.

Rockefeller and his ilk are intolerant, mud slinging smear artists who richly deserve to be beaten bloody. And, yes, they are completely anti-American. Madison would be aghast that American voters would even elect this guy dogcatcher, let alone US Senator.

fadetogray on May 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

How many minorities’ has Rockefeller helped? How many has he personally freed? I’ll put up with him any day.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

The Rockefellers are the typical guy all leftists would love to hate, were it not for this moron’s politics…

May the shit never wear off of you, hypocrites.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

For the last time white people, Obama is not black. He’s mixed. He was raised by old white people in a state that is known for its large multiracial population (along with its pretty beaches). He did not grow up under the Jim Crow laws that Rockefeller did. He did not hear white people say words like “colored” or any other derogatory terms towards people of mixed race like all black people in the continental United States did. He lived on islands in the Pacific Ocean thousands of miles away from the ingrained discrimination on the continent. On these islands he lived amongst the well-to-do and elite and eventually went to Ivy leagues schools in the US. By his own admission, he did not even identify with black people until he moved to the continent.

Republicans and Democrats both view him as black because they’re ignorant. But Republicans also view him as the President of the United States and a powerful individual, rather than some black mascot to represent their party and ideals. Rockefeller isn’t stupid. He knows that disagreeing with socialized medicine is not racially based, but since he’s got a wonderful black mascot to enshroud his radical ideology in, he will do everything he can to distract from the merits of the debate including, although not limited to, ad hominem attacks. Ron Johnson (and Joe Scarborough) are right to criticize this codger for relying on these old prejudices to cloud the public’s mind. If he were honest, he would debate the legislation on its merits. He’s not honest. He’s never been.

ConservOvrGOP on May 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for clarifying, Schad.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

You’re a leftist Fu(ktard…..Clear enough??

BigWyo on May 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Well, but he didn’t say that at all.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

fadetogray on May 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

But he didn’t. He said ‘some’ – and in the way many would use it to be quite the opposite of many or most.
Again, I think it was a stupid comment and flagrant buffoonery.
But he did not say or suggest ‘millions and millions’.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for clarifying, Schad.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

You’re a leftist Fu(ktard…..Clear enough??

BigWyo on May 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Fu(ktard isn’t even a word.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Again, I think it was a stupid comment and flagrant buffoonery.
But he did not say or suggest ‘millions and millions’.

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Yeah.

‘Some’ is a straw man construction used to smear many or all. A favorite construction used all the time by Obama. And you know this, but not being a dishonest douche is just too hard for you.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

That hair….those glasses….I can’t hear a word Scarborough says. All I can do is gaze upon him in wonder and amazement that anyone takes him seriously. He looks like Waldo from the “Where’s Waldo” books.

If someone could photoshop Joe into that silly red and white striped gettup that Waldo wears everyone would instantly see the resemblance.

Texas Zombie on May 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM

One hopes that at some point the people of this nation will be nauseated with this garbage.

paul1149 on May 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

And you know this, but not being a dishonest douche is just too hard for you.

NotCoach on May 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

So…any wknd plans?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

So…any wknd plans?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Honor the fallen. They gave all the right to be stupid, incl. moronic Rockefeller and his azzkissers.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

So…any wknd plans?

verbaluce on May 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Planning to start work on my next book documenting the vibrant, challenging and intellectual debate tactics used by the American lef… oh crap, I’m already finished.

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM