Mitch McConnell’s Democratic opponent to disgruntled Matt Bevin fans: Join me

posted at 6:01 pm on May 23, 2014 by Allahpundit

Together you can rule the galaxy.

I, too, believe Washington, D.C. is not working for Kentucky.

I, too, believe that the federal government should help or get out of the way.

I, too, want Republicans and Democrats to work together to cut spending and to help Kentucky businesses create jobs…

Join me, and let us work together to create change. Yes, we are in different parties, and we have divergent views on some issues. But if you believe that we need a fresh face to shake up Washington, I invite you to join our campaign.

If you believe that it is past time to give Mitch McConnell and his D.C. lobbyist cronies the boot, I welcome you to join our effort to elect an independent, commonsense problem solver who will fight for Kentucky values.

Is there any evidence that tea partiers disgusted with Mitch the Knife might be open to this pitch? Sort of. Remember this table from one of the last polls of the primary?

ky2

Twenty-five percent of “conservative” voters were open to voting for Alison Grimes. Granted, 21 percent of “liberals” were open to McConnell, but there are no hard feelings potentially blocking those voters from coming home to the Democrats in November. Among Republicans, there are lots of hard feelings. Read the intro to this CNN piece from a few days ago in which an annoyed Bevin shows off a “Fraud Alert” that Team Mitch sent around about him. Quote: “It’s unbelievable. It’s crap. This is how he has run his entire race. He’s attacking me for being a member of the tea party while threatening to crush these people and punch them in the nose.” His anger was, per CNN, a source of “amusement” to the McConnell camp. Politico got an even more interesting quote from Bevin the day after he was blown out: “You can’t punch people in the face, punch people in the face, punch people in the face, and ask them to have tea and crumpets with you and think it’s all good.”

Or can you?

No one believes that Bevin’s going to endorse Grimes. He’s young by political standards; if Rand Paul is blocked by law from running for president and Senate in 2016, Bevin might jump into the Senate primary to replace him. He’d be DOA in two years if he embraces the Democrat outright but maybe not DOA if he declares that, as a matter of conservative conscience, he can’t endorse anyone in the race. Besides, how much would it really matter to Mitch-haters if Bevin did endorse McConnell? Support for Bevin on the right was never about him personally; it was a pure “Not Mitch” coalition. Whether that endures or disintegrates as hard feelings soften has little to do with Bevin at this point.

It’s interesting, though, that McConnell is sufficiently worried about tea partiers staying home that he’s already trotting out Rand Paul to make the case for unity. Everyone expected Rand to campaign for him, but I didn’t think we’d see him talking up McConnell’s conservative bona fides three days after the primary — especially since tea-party groups have, commendably, already moved to closed ranks around McConnell. There is, though, something to be said for the idea that Mark Levin was kicking around (but not quite endorsing) the other day about conservatives staying home in the general election to send a message to establishment brawlers like McConnell. It comes at a steep cost in potentially losing a red-state Senate seat, but if you want to truly terrify Beltway Republicans who stray too far from the tea-party line, one lone general-election boycott — at the minority leader’s expense, no less — would do it like nothing else. It’s not going to happen, but again, it’s interesting that Team Mitch is taking nothing for granted.

Exit question: Does McConnell’s plan to repeal ObamaCare also include repealing Kentucky’s state insurance exchange? Oddly, he’s noncommittal on the question.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

novaculus on May 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I, too, believe that the federal government should help or get out of the way.

Cue the endless streams of LOLs and HaHaHas.

swamp_yankee on May 23, 2014 at 6:07 PM

lol

Murphy9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I’ll never join you!

gwelf on May 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Already have

tcufrog on May 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM

If the GOP could take the Senate without needing McConnell to win, I’d root for Grimes.

Then again, if the GOP takes the Senate with McConnell as leader, what are we really winning except the demotion of Harry Reid.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I hope it works. The Turtle must go.

Exninja on May 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM

God, I’m glad I don’t live in Kentucky.

Of course, I have to choose between either Obamacare-loving Socialist Democrat John Kasich and Obamacare-loving Socialist Democrat Ed FitzGerald. So it’s not like I’m gloating.

Myron Falwell on May 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM

OT, in move that absolutely does not surprise me in the least, federal judge orders John Conyers to be put on the ballot:

rbj on May 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM

What you want a parliamentary system herp derp?

Murphy9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM

The Tea Party have always said they are not a Republican or Democrat only entity. They said they will side with the most conservative candidate.

I wouldn’t side with the Dem. But I haven’t had to live under the leadership of a certain Kentucky Senator for decades either.

portlandon on May 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM

One party government is confusing to voters….

d1carter on May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

rbj on May 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Gotta love how a federal judge usurps a state’s authority in one fell swoop. Not.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

The enemy of my enemy…

Bigbullets on May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Mitch McConnell’s Democratic opponent to disgruntled Matt Bevin fans: Join me

The farce is strong with this one…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

portlandon on May 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM

A mass “no confidence” vote followed by a recall vote in 6-8 months would be the preferable route.

But, alas, we can’t literally vote for “none of the above” or “no confidence,” even as we probably should.

Myron Falwell on May 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Meh, theirs really no conservatives or Tea Party folk in Kentucky, otherwise Mitch the B!tch wouldn’t have won his primary. You might as well write Kentucky off right next to California as a state where 90 percent of those pretending to be Conservatives are really progressive liberals.

oscarwilde on May 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Rbj. Just saw it on special report

Naturally an Obama judge says the signatures are valid

Rules schmrules

Unstinkingbelievable

I really despise activist judges but apparently they are only Republican according to the lsm

Arrrgghh

cmsinaz on May 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Enough about the disgruntled….Who are the gruntled fans supporting?

viking01 on May 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I, too, believe that the federal government should help or get out of the way.

Cue the endless streams of LOLs and HaHaHas.

swamp_yankee on May 23, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yeah, that line had me laughing. We’re from the Government and we’re here to help.

John the Libertarian on May 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM

rbj on May 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I was waiting for it…

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:17 PM

oscarwilde on May 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Pretty much. Mitch brings home the bacon….or the dam.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:17 PM

hahahaha!!! that picture is so perfect!

Sachiko on May 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Actually. I would like to see Mitch McConnel’s face if…wait. Belay that. I hate seeing Mitch McConnel’s face.

SailorMark on May 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM

The enemy of my enemy…

Bigbullets on May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Its more like choosing between Trotsky and Stalin.

J.B. Say on May 23, 2014 at 6:23 PM

hahahaha!!! that picture is so perfect!

Sachiko on May 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM

It is…and the ‘Join me’

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM

SC has it just as rough. We’ve got Ms. Lindsey.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Cryptozoology – the search for mythical creatures. Examples include Bigfoot, Lochness monster, Chupacabra, Conservative Democrat.

Once again, during election years, we have Democrats out on the stump campaigning to the right of Barry Goldwater. Don’t fall for it, when elected, they’ll immediately turn back into the undead Marxists we’ve all come to know and loathe. Just ask the people or West Virginia about Joe Manchin or the folks in Michigan about Bart Stupak.

Flyovercountry on May 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Leadership…

JohnGalt23 on May 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Last Tuesday we had quite a few people here saying they would rather see her senator than reelect McConnell. I guess she will get her wish.

coolrepublica on May 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Mitch = democrat lite

Take a hike, McConnell. The Tea Partiers will have their day, and you won’t like it politically when they do.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I, too, believe Washington, D.C. is not working for Kentucky.

I, too, believe that the federal government should help or get out of the way.

Yeah, I bet she believes all that. She thinks you’re idiots, KY voters.

changer1701 on May 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Stradding so many fences must be quite painful, Rand. You lost your cred when you supported Mitch the Knife.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Flyovercountry on May 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Conservative Republican isn’t a mythical creature, but it is a damn-near extinct one.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

SC has it just as rough. We’ve got Ms. Lindsey.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Chick..I got Alan Greyson, Joe Garcia, Alcee Hastings, Corrine Brown..to name a few, and Crist running for Gov.
We all got our fair share of loons. ;)

Oh and Rubio.

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I’ve gotten used to it with all the gay marriage constitutional amendment bans being thrown out creating a right that basically doesn’t exist in any culture throughout history.

rbj on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Any tyrannical bastid that threatens to crush freedom loving constitutional conservatives should be given a lesson in tryanny.

Crush em!

Mitch this is war and you have told us you are not on our side.

You don’t deserve to be senate majority leader.

Jayrae on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

We all got our fair share of loons. ;)

Oh and Rubio.

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Yeah, but FL is a purple state. SC & KY are deep red. You’d think they could do better.

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Obamacare loving Kentucky deserves Manchurian Mitch for a senator.

abobo on May 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Grimes is much more competitive against McConnell than I ever would have expected.

This race will go down to the wire — and McConnell will need every tea party vote he can get.

Robert_Paulson on May 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

True.

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

McConnell is worthless, but I agree with Allah’s take on the R’s reaction taking out a leader. So, since the Senate is going to be close, why not take out the Speaker and Majority leader. Same message, different house, more leeway, just as worthless.

truthserum on May 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Mitch McConnell’s Democratic opponent to disgruntled Matt Bevin fans: Join me

FU and F McConnell. You are both lowlife slime. There is no choice in that Kentucky election. Better for decent people to just sit it out since it doesn’t really matter which one fo these dirtbags wins.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Much ado about nothing. McConnell will win in a blowout. Grimes is a leftist loon and can’t even answer a simple question about whether she would have voted for obamacare.

Ta111 on May 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Why vote for another democrat — McConnell, that is.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM

All I can say to all he leftist turds, and that in includes McConnell, is that when payback comes it’s going to be a real bitch, and yes payback will eventually come.

bgibbs1000 on May 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I want McConnell to win, but I won’t shed any tears of he doesn’t.

davidk on May 23, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Kentucky U. S. Senate race write-in campaign: No RINOs.

davidk on May 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Q: Which is BETTER: a d-cRAT or a self-serving, establishment clown Repub-o-cRAT?
A: NEITHER. -VOTE FOR “NONE OF THE ABOVE”.

MicahStone on May 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Turtle head, who ya gonna crush now? Jerk!

mobydutch on May 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM

What a joke. She’s running not as a “moderate” but as a conservative. This is about as believable as Nancy Pelosi embracing small government and other things conservatives agree on.

I’m not a fan of McConnell, but she’s a lying loon.

cat_owner on May 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

More in common than they’d care to admit?

thebrokenrattle on May 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM

We are well past the lead, follow, … point

I, too, believe that the federal government should help or get out of the way.

Marginally better

mickytx on May 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Tea Party votes for Grimes could accomplish two things that might well be worth the loss of a Senate seat we’re likely not to need anyway: getting rid of McConnell and scaring the whey out of the remaining GOPe.

PersonFromPorlock on May 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

“What difference, at this point, does it make?” — President-Elect Shillary ‘Benghazi’ Clinton

bimmcorp on May 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

SC has it just as rough. We’ve got Ms. Lindsey.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM

YOU don’t have problems ( says in her best old grandpa voice walking with no shoes to schools uphill both ways. )

WE have problems, Tennessee has the wonderful Alexander AND Corker..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

“Mitch-haters?” So the solution is more RINO squishes? Boehner crying again? Count me out. I guess Mitch, Weepy and his ilk are a slightly better choice than the party of permanent dementia, but that’s the kindest thing I have to say about any of them.

Saw a commercial tonight by Pat Roberts. “A life-long KS resident…” who has been living in DC for what, the last 5 centuries? Term limits anyone? Oh, sorry, my bad, that would be a “Mitch-haten” tea party idea, wouldn’t it? The commercial finished with gramps doing a snappy salute to something. Just made me want to vomit. They don’t call them “Congress Critters” for nothing.

Luthier on May 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

We all got our fair share of loons. ;)

Oh and Rubio.

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Don’t forget Debbie WAAHHHHHHHHSherman Schultz..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I’m not a fan of McConnell, but she’s a lying loon.

cat_owner on May 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Hey in 2008, Obama ran to the right of McCain of things. Yeah, he was lying like a sack of potatoes, but the fact that he won should prove that we don’t need to move left to win.

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Grab your bags of popcorn. Everything is working according to script.

I am looking forward to Mitch losing that seat. One less Establishment critter to worry about.

It’s war and I really don’t care how they are taken out.

TheRightMan on May 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

How about government just getting out of the way?

I see the ‘help’ it is giving veterans via the VA and I don’t think it can be trusted to ‘help’ in any way, shape or form.

Can we get some Democratic takers on this and stop the ‘helping’ business completely?

ajacksonian on May 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

F*ck you, McConnell. And f*ck Rand Paul if he supports McConnell.

And f*ck yes, I’d vote for Grimes if I lived in Kentucky. McConnell is a back-stabbing traitorous crapweasel.

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I’m not a fan of McConnell, but she’s a lying loon.

cat_owner on May 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Moreso than McConnell is?

Midas on May 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

WE have problems, Tennessee has the wonderful Alexander AND Corker..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

*ahem*

Kirk and Dirtbag.

Fallon on May 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Don’t forget Debbie WAAHHHHHHHHSherman Schultz..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Oh yes! How could I forget?!

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Voting for Grimes (her daddy is a pal of the Clintons) means you werent a conservative in the first place

pgrossjr on May 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

*ahem*

Kirk and Dirtbag.

Fallon on May 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM

LMAO! Former Illini/Illinoian ( I never knew if that is what we would be called) who grew up there, so I feel ya, but Tennessee has a SUPERMAJORITY Republican Congress and we have the Governor’s mansion, and we still can’t get Conservative Senators.

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Well, I see the “Conservative” site Townhall is helping McConnell also. Rand Paul is all in for Mitch!!

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:24 AM, Townhall Spotlight wrote:

Friend,
As you know, my friend and colleague Mitch McConnell has just won the Kentucky Republican Primary and is poised to become the next Majority Leader of the United States Senate. Mitch has boldly led the Republicans in the Senate against Barack Obama’s liberal agenda and he needs your help to keep the fight going against Harry Reid, President Obama, and their hand-picked candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes in November. The momentum gained by Republicans here in Kentucky will allow us to fire Harry Reid, vote to repeal Obamacare, and make Mitch the next Majority Leader of the United States Senate.

With Mitch McConnell in the Senate, Kentucky is leading America. He is fighting for our Eastern Kentucky coal families against Barack Obama’s War on Coal. He is fighting for our small-business owners burdened by the crippling costs of Obamacare and high taxes. He is fighting for our middle-class families who are hurting under the failed policies of the Obama Administration. Your financial support is crucial to keep Mitch fighting for Kentucky families. Please contribute what you can to his Republican Victory Moneybomb today.

You can always count on Mitch to stand strong for our conservative principles. Not only does he have my full support, he is also endorsed by the American Conservative Union, National Right to Life, and the National Rifle Association.

My Republican colleagues in the Senate are rallying behind Mitch because we know his leadership has kept our party strong and united. Not only did he ensure every Senate Republican voted against the disaster that was Obamacare, but he has led us in the fight to repeal it and helped stop the liberals in their tracks last year when they tried to force gun control on the American people. As conservatives, we must unite around Mitch and send a strong message to the Barack Obama liberals who want to impose their values on us in Kentucky. The liberals have made him their number one target this November because they know they know he is Barack Obama’s biggest obstacle in the Senate. I am committed to backing Mitch all the way to a great Republican victory this November.

I hope you will join him now by contributing to his Republican Victory Moneybomb. While President Obama needs Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky and the nation need Mitch McConnell.

Best,

Rand Paul
U.S. Senator – Kentucky

SUBSCRIPTION INFO__________________________

This email is never sent unsolicited. It is only sent to people on the Townhall.com network OR a friend might have forwarded it to you. We respect and value your time and privacy.

You can UNSUBSCRIBE from this Townhall Spotlight by clicking here.

OR Send postal mail to:
Townhall Spotlight Unsubscribe
1901 N. Moore St – Suite 701, Arlington, VA 22209

WERE YOU FORWARDED THIS EDITION OF THE TOWNHALL SPOTLIGHT?
You can get your own free subscription by clicking here.
* Copyright Townhall and its Content Providers.
All rights reserved.

What a slobbering love letter by Rand Paul on behalf of McConnell!!
Soliciting money for McConnell????

In fact, almost 90 percent of the $17.3 million contributed to McConnell political committees since 2009 is from donors living outside the state —

Rand Paul is just another politician pandering to feather his nest.
I hope he doesn’t think that if he decides to run for President, that McConnell will support him. McConnell will stab him in the back just as he has the Tea Party and Conservatives. McConnell is for himself, first and foremost.

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

We all got our fair share of loons. ;)

Oh and Rubio.

bazil9 on May 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Don’t forget Debbie WAAHHHHHHHHSherman Schultz..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Well, Baz and Melle, I must admit you do have a flock of loons there. But Ms. Lindsey is an unmitigated embarrassment. He is a lapdog of McLame, and that’s just pathetic.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Grab your bags of popcorn. Everything is working according to script.

It’s war and I really don’t care how they are taken out.

TheRightMan on May 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

He came after the Tea Party. Tea Partiers in KY, write in Matt Bevins. Send the RINOs a message.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Leadership…

JohnGalt23 on May 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Rand Paul kissing up to McConnell will not overcome the dissing that McConnell did to the Tea Party and Conservatives. He made his bed, let him lie in it. If I lived in Kentucky, I wouldn’t lift a finger to help him in any way.

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

WE have problems, Tennessee has the wonderful Alexander AND Corker..

melle1228 on May 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Melle, I feel for Tennesseeans with those squishes in the Senate.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

If doing whatever you can to throw the despicable Harry Reid out as majority leader isn’t enough to get you to support McConnell, there is no hope for you.

TruCon idiots, working for Obama and too freakin’ dumb (and sanctimonious) to know it. You’ve already given us the supremely conservative Senator Coons in DE. Talk about the definition of political insanity.

At least the TruLib idiots are willing to focus on the big picture. Make no mistake–they are laughing at the fact that you are playing right into their hands.

Meredith on May 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

You know what you call a supposed conservative who wants to keep Harry Reid as senate majority leader?
A moron.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Meredith on May 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Absolutely.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Bitter Clinger on May 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

SC should do better. But Ms. Lindsey has a large war chest and rules the airwaves with the ads touting him as a ‘conservative’. Like in other states, a lot of people here just listen to the commercials and don’t delve into the candidate’s record. I do.

I’ll do my part to vote against him in the primary and do a write-in in the general. I have looked into his voting record and how he acts as opposed to what he says in the commercials. I’ll never vote for him — ever.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Meredith on May 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

So tell me what Obama Agenda has Boehner/McConnell/Reid and the Dems in the House and Senate, along with Republicans not passed by their combined votes?

FYI, we Tru Cons didn’t vote and neither was our opinions heeded nor wanted. Another FYI, it wasn’t the Tru Cons that passed Obama’s Agenda for him.

At least we know who was “working” for Obama, LOL Try to keep up!

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

What do Republican RINOs and democrat socialists have in common? Both are progressives. The only difference is in degree.

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

A moron.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

If McConnell loses the election to Grimes and the R’s take control of the Senate, who would be the Majority Leader? It wouldn’t be Reid. I’m guessing Cornyn?

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

True, they stick together. No matter what party wins, they both win. It’s the American People that lose everytime.

I appreciated reading about the UKIP!!! Awesome!!

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Conservchik on May 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Thank you, Chik. Someone please pass me the koolaid. You know the kind – we are doomed. Time to end it all.

Will Libby Freordie love ME now?

Chuck Ef on May 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Cap and trade, Amnesty, gun control legislation, Obamacare (no GOP votes) Indeed, Obamacare is the only major legislation he got passed and that was when he had a filibuster proof majority. With a slim majority in 1/2 of 1/3rd of the government the GOP has done an effective job of stopping whatever was in their power to stop.

FYI, we Tru Cons didn’t vote.

Then there’s nothing conservative about you. There is nothing to be proud of there. You are making yourself irrelevant.

Another FYI, it wasn’t the Tru Cons that passed Obama’s Agenda for him

There wouldn’t be an Obama presidency if these supposed “trucons” could be counted on to behave in a conservative way. Instead the “trucons” pat each other on the back for handing power to the socialists. Nothing tru or con about it.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Whomever it would be, I’m sure he would be completely unacceptable in short order.
There are 6 seats in play, do you really want to risk losing one? Deliberately? Harry Reid is an outright traitor to the country. In a better time he would already have been swinging from a lamp post for declaring the Iraq war “lost” when we had men in the field. He has already used the “trucon-establishment” split to win office for himself. Looks like it will be used to keep him in power.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Go Bevin!!! This will aggravate McConnell’s hemorrhoids.

ultracon on May 23, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Meredith on May 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Pray tell, what big picture can we focus on with McConnell as Senate Majority Leader?

Amnesty? Increased spending? Confirmation of Obama’s nominees?

McConnell can always be counted on to swing things in favor of Obama and the Democrats all in the name of bipartisanship and proving they can be productive.

I am NOT interested in that.

I would prefer to battle against Democrats who believe in what they are pushing than principle-less and power-hungry GOP Establishment corruptocrats, who will gladly vote for any liberal initiative provided it benefits their big-money donors.

I am NOT interested in a Republican majority. I am interested in a small Govt. conservative majority.

TheRightMan on May 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Amnesty will be passed, so don’t put that in the not passed column. Obama wants it, the Dems want it and most R’s want it. Most of all, the Corporations (read big O/D/R money donors) want it.

Obamacare was passed in 2009 by the Dems, true enough. But when the Senate had a chance to NOT FUND it, 25 Republican Senators voted with Reid and the Dems to fund it. So they can try to crow all they want, but when push came to shove, they caved.

The House is in control of the Republicans & have control of the purse, but don’t use it.

When I said the Tru Cons didn’t vote, I thot it was understood that Congress voted, those that are supposed to represent the Voters.

I’m only responsible for my vote and believe me I vote Conservative.

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM

You project your own opinion too much. You are not that good at guessing or knowing what I think; if you were you’d know you are way off base.

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM

TheRightMan on May 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Exactly, thank you. I see very little difference between the R’s & D’s. We have a few in the House that battle Boehner & that speaker wanna be Cantor, along with McCarthy. Then we have Sessions, Cruz & Lee in the Senate.

McConnell should be afraid. He wants the Tea Party & Conservative support….NOW? LOL Romney didn’t think he needed us in 2012 and McConnell was more arrogant in dissing us. Only an arrogant idiot tries to destroy the voters he needs. Maybe he should ask Salem Communications or the Chamber of Commerce or the Dems to help him out:-) Townhall and Rand Paul are doing their part, LOL

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Amnesty will be passed, so don’t put that in the not passed column

They don’t even need to pass anything. With literally tens of millions of illegal immigrants here enjoying almost all the benefits of full citizenship all they have to do is wait. Meanwhile, any talk of reforming the system, which is broken beyond belief is labeled as “amnesty”.

Obamacare was passed in 2009 by the Dems, true enough.But when the Senate had a chance to NOT FUND it, 25 Republican Senators voted with Reid and the Dems to fund it.

All they would have to have done is close down government and stop passing the continuing resolutions. That goes over so well. The democrats know that the only thing the house can do is to shut down the government and when they do so the press will hold the GOP responsible for veterans being turned away at parks, credit ratings dropping, etc. and the GOP poll ratings plummet.

So they can try to crow all they want, but when push came to shove, they caved.

The house has voted between 33 to 54 times (depending what you want to count) to defund all or part of Obamacare. Obamacare is here to stay as a law until the GOP can get an majority in the house, a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and or the presidency. The time to stop Obamacare was when zero was running for office. Now the only thing they can really do is defund it. There wont be a repeal for the foreseeable future.

I’m only responsible for my vote and believe me I vote Conservative.

Thank you.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM

bluefox on May 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM

So guessing you were going to send me a new Porsche gt3 rs was off base?

This is awkward and disappointing.

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Soooo…….which poster on HA is Grimes?

WryTrvllr on May 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

ROFL the establishment cru monged this thread too.

Murphy9 on May 23, 2014 at 11:42 PM

apologies for responding to the tard.

Murphy9 on May 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM

At this point anyone claiming to be a “True Conservative” who is planning on voting for Grimes, I would assume is nothing more than an OFA plant.

Tater Salad on May 23, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I humbly submit that any Republican who would vote against our Senate Leader in the general, for a Democrat who can’t say if she would have voted for ObamaCare or not (seriously), was never a real Republican in the first place.

Good riddance to the dog-fighting, cockfighting trash.

Adjoran on May 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM

V7_Sport on May 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Since the GOP has done such a bang-up job so far with the GOP-COC-BigGov alliance, why should anyone reward their bad behavior by giving them MORE power, especially House Republicans?

Ryan and his amnesty clown caucus including the likes of Cantor and Ellmers. And Ellmers is especially bad. She was caught outright almost verbatim pushing racist “facts” straight from the La Raza handbook. And then you also have Ryan and his fake budgets putting all cuts to the outyears which will never see the light of day. And then you have Boehner, Cantor, Ryan (of course AGAIN) with their sequester repeal along with the subsequent slap to the face of veterans.

And then you have the constant out in the open backstabbing of fellow members of congress. Democrats don’t do this so openly to each other. But we get graced by establishment favorites like Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and my very favorite- Pete King, porker of the north, slobbering and smearing their pudgy, greased, mealy-mouthed faces all over television whining about how the conservatives are mean and won’t let them burden our great grandchildren with more debt.

And they have basically advertised repeatedly that they will pass amnesty legislation if given the majority in the Senate, WHY should anyone help them get elected?

Seriously, they have pre-announced surrender to the Democrat party and crony capitalists to screw the American people over and you are here along with the rest of the GOPe sycophants telling people that they are not conservative if they don’t roll over and vote for these traitors? Are you kidding me?

NWConservative on May 24, 2014 at 12:49 AM

At this point, I think the case for right wing third party votes is strong, even if only to scare the establishment.

Democrat should never be an option.

David Blue on May 24, 2014 at 1:02 AM