Video: Jay Rockefeller, Ron Johnson clash over charge that racism is driving opposition to ObamaCare

posted at 11:21 am on May 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

I’m used to this by now but I can’t tell you how dispiriting I find it knowing that we’re in for four or even eight years of it under President Hillary, to whom all resistance will inevitably be dismissed as vestiges of sexism. (Hillary herself has already begun to feed that beast.) In fact, I think this sort of demagoguery will happen much more frequently under Clinton than it has under Obama. There’s more to be gained from it politically: Electoral returns from racism charges are marginal because Democrats already win 90+ percent of the black vote, but women’s votes are hotly contested. The gender gap has been crucial to Democratic gains over the past eight years; they have every incentive to cry sexism early and often in the interest of making that gap wider. Also, call me naive but I think there are some — some — Dems who recognize how grave the charge of racism is and tend to shy away from it. Inveterate race-baiters like Jim Clyburn, who can find a Reconstruction analogy in the Benghazi hearings, aren’t deterred, but not all Democrats are as quick to take the gloves off. I think they’ll be quicker on the charge of sexism, simply because it doesn’t carry quite the same stigma as an accusation of racism does. (Whether it should is a separate question.) Prepare for lots, lots more of this in years to come.

Two noteworthy details here. One: Rockefeller couldn’t be more casual in lobbing his grenade. He’s not out at a fundraiser with a drink in his hand, mindlessly babbling to some reporter with his guard down. He’s at an actual Senate hearing with a Republican senator sitting right in front of him, and yet it’s bombs away — and not for the first time. Congressional rules of decorum forbid swearing and personal insults, but if you want to charge the other side with racism for questioning Obama’s pet boondoggle, fire away. Two: Unlike most instances where this accusation is made, the target was present and eager to respond. Watch the very beginning and then the last few minutes of the second clip to see Johnson hit back. I would have walked out if I were him, but admittedly, his approach is smarter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Take that card away and cut it up for him.

It’s maxed out.

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM

What a loathsome toad Rockefeller is. Hopefully he will vanish from public service for good. Good riddance.

warmairfan on May 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Well of course they’re racist. Haven’t you seen republicans talk about the story about Nigeria? When they type the word you can tell they are just dying to be another “g” there.

/MSNBC

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Why play the race card?

libfreeordie on May 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM

“We got a half! We got a half!”

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Good thing this racist retires.

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I wouldn’t have walked out or responded with official decorum.

Reason #1 why I can’t be a professional politician.

Bishop on May 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Video: Jay Rockfeller, Ron Johnson clash over charge that racism is driving opposition to ObamaCare

Wait a minute. So now laws are assigned races?

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM

its undeniable that a large part of the opposition to obama and hilary is racist. when else have any politicians suffered the treatment they do? we used to have standards of decency in politics and how we treated our leaders. not since 2008. the only ones who wont admit that these racists are racists are the other racists.

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

FUJR.

VegasRick on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

libfreeorgan will be here in 5…4…3…2……

KOOLAID2 on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

It would be nice it a republican would stand up and kick the teeth in of the ignorant pieces of shit who toss out the race card at every opportunity.

And I mean literally not figuratively.

Make it Pavlovian Conditioning. Call someone a racist swallow some of your own teeth.

HumpBot Salvation on May 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I wonder what the late WV Senator Robert Byrd thinks about Rockefeller’s statement?

HumpBot Salvation on May 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Yup replace racism with sexism for the lsm/dems

Sigh

cmsinaz on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

How old is Hillary going to be? That’s the way I would go. I forget the darnedest things and I’m not anywhere near as old as she is, haven’t had to dodge sniper fire or take a big fall that took me six months to recover from.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

FrankLib, is that you?

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

All you have to do is run ads showing dems talking about McCain’s age during the 2008 election. The rest writes itself.

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Yep. And there are millions of stupid shrill females who only care about supporting those with birth canals. As if national security, low unemployment, a growing economy are not the real “women’s issues.”

And, of course, one of these stupid rabid nags will scream sexism if some man dares tell them that lowering taxes is far more important to their children than ensuring abortion on demand or any of the other issues that resonate with these partisan whores who think Sandra Fluke is some sort of a saint.

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

You got me on the other threads, but not this one.

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I don’t need to listen to any race card crap from Jay Rockefeller…

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1946

“The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation.”

- Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard, 1946/47

On this day, West Virginia has lost one of its greatest sons, the United States Senate has lost one of its most notable statesmen, and I have lost my admired colleague and treasured friend.

More than nine decades of a remarkable life and five decades of an accomplished public servant in the Senate are proof that Robert C. Byrd was, and will always be, an icon, a man of great character, faith, and intellect who rose to the heights of power, yet never forgot where he came from.

His story holds such a profoundly significant place in both West Virginia and American history.

It was in the coalfields of Southern West Virginia where a young Robert C. Byrd first gained the skills and moral character that would make him a truly great man.

After his mother passed away, he was raised and guided by his aunt and uncle, a coal miner he movingly called, “the most remarkable man I have ever been privileged to know.” From them, Senator Byrd learned early in life what it meant to be loyal, have a strong work ethic, and possess an untiring faith in God.

And it was these values – these innately West Virginia values – that guided his every action, and made him such a unique and strong fighter for our state. He was proud of West Virginia and her ideals.

He believed with all his heart that our breathtaking mountains, our great rivers and deep valleys, and especially our well-rooted people who face adversity with strength, make our state a place like no other in the world.

He loved the music of the mountains, and played the fiddle brilliantly. He loved to quote the ancients, lending depth to his analyses and observations, with knowledge of history and philosophy to rival any professor.

Just as easily as he could quote Cicero from memory, he could sing every verse of “Amazing Grace” from memory, too.

Everything about Senator Byrd was a testament to his faith in God. This man who wrote and debated countless laws lived with ten clear commandments in his heart.

His Aunt and Uncle kept the King James Bible in their home, and instilled in him an enduring reverence to God. He always remembered that, as important as the Senate and our constitutional government might be, a higher law took precedence.

He started his career humbly as a butcher and a welder, then campaigned by playing his foot-stomping music to get elected to the West Virginia Legislature – the very same body that decades later would deem him the, “West Virginian of the 20th Century.”

It was at Mark Twain High School where a lifetime of love first began for Robert C. Byrd and his future wife, Erma Ora James.

Calling her the “wind beneath this Byrd’s wings,” Senator Byrd was never shy to tell you that Erma – a beloved coal miner’s daughter – was the reason he reached all of his goals.

From that fiddle-playing young man to a history-making American icon, she loved and supported him every step of the way, until her passing in 2006.

I know a part of Senator Byrd was lost forever when he lost Erma. Watching him hurt and not being able take away his pain was deeply agonizing for all who loved him.

There are not words to describe the difficulty of such a devastating loss – I commend my friend for continuing on best he could.

Erma was his soul mate – his best friend and trusted counselor. Their marriage was something to behold, and Sharon and I loved watching them together. They radiated an extraordinary faith in God, in each other, and in the beautiful family they built together.

Indeed, it was the time Robert C. Byrd spent with Erma; their daughters, Mona and Marjorie, and their husbands; and their grandchildren and great-grandchildren that brought sheer joy to his life.

With sadness in my heart, I also have joy at the thought of my friend reuniting with his precious Erma, with the dear grandson he lost at a young age, with his mother, and with the beloved aunt and uncle who raised him as their own son.

It was in the halls of the United States Senate where Robert C. Byrd became known as the “Soul of the Senate,” a fierce defender of the Constitution, a respected historian, and a fearless legislator.

He held more leadership posts than any other Senator, cast more votes than any other Senator, and served longer than any other Senator.

He literally wrote the authoritative book on the rules and procedures of the Senate and he loved and revered this institution.

Still, his entire career was most fundamentally an act of commitment to West Virginia –

a day-in, day-out effort to do the best he possibly could for the people of the Mountain State. And he was an intensely devoted statesman, who put himself through law school while also serving in Congress.

He understood that people with the fortitude to “ask questions, debate, and dissent” make America stronger. He had that courage himself, standing up time and again to defend the ideals upon which our nation was founded.

With the Constitution always in his pocket, close to his heart, Senator Byrd – who outlasted presidents and Supreme Court justices – served with an absolute insistence on the equality of the three branches of government as envisioned by our Founding Fathers. And he spread the words of our Constitution to young children and his colleagues alike.

His patriotism was strong and confident, infusing his every action with deep devotion for our nation and its people.

A Senator from a state that has sent legions of sons and daughters to war, he supported our troops, fought for our veterans, and worked hard to make sure that those who served our country got the respect, support and supplies they deserved.

He also earned the loyalty of West Virginians with a record of support for education and economic opportunity that few Senators – at any time, in any state – could ever match.

To him, every school building or education grant was a chance at a better life for West Virginia’s children.

Every overpass and road represented an opportunity for a more dynamic economy for our cities and towns. Every business park or government office meant the possibility of a better job for West Virginians trying to raise their families.

Senator Byrd also believed that health care is one of the most important ways to strengthen a community – and his support for medical research resulted in breakthrough medical opportunities, outreach and treatment at West Virginia University, Marshall University and institutions across our state.

In a state with rugged terrain full of people like the family who raised him – doing their best for their family, country and God – Robert C. Byrd decided that somebody needed to do the best for them.

And he did so, each and every day.

To me, he was a reliable friend, a walking example of the kind of America I believe in, and a living testament to the values that made West Virginia my own forever home. It has been my greatest privilege to serve with Robert C. Byrd in the United States Senate. I looked up to him, I fought next to him, and I am deeply saddened that he is gone.

He leaves a void that simply can never be filled. But I am lifted by the knowledge of his deep and abiding faith, and that he is in the hands of the One who inspired these words in “Amazing Grace,”

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

Peace and Godspeed, Senator Byrd – and joy and peace to your family, your loyal staff, and to the loving people of West Virginia, who hold you forever in their hearts.

- Senator Jay Rockefeller, Senate floor statement honouring Senator Robert ‘Exalted Cyclops’ Byrd, 28 June 2010

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

So at least ONE Republican Senator actually stood up and
fought back??

Wow, I’m shocked!!!

Shocked that any R in DC has a backbone of self worth as
to who they are as human beings….and punch back twice as
hard at these Human Bowel movements who spew idiotic
smears daily….I have never seen a group of individuals who
tolerate such attacks on their Character….absolutely
Gutless.

ToddPA on May 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I don’t need to listen to any race card crap from Jay Rockefeller…

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a n3gro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1946

- Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard, 1946/47

And he did so, each and every day.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Unless the one with the birth canal is named Sarah Palin.

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Johnson’s response should be required viewing for every idiot who still thinks this health care law has been good for America.

Let’s give the first viewing tickets to Harry Reid, and the media.

forheremenaremen on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Sorry about the double post. ‘N3gro’ got caught up in moderation.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

And I mean literally not figuratively.

HumpBot Salvation on May 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I’d love to see the look on this libtard projectionist’s face if the guy he said it to immediately challenged him to step outside — and meant it.

There used to be a time when one had to be prepared to back up their words with more than just more words.

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Lifelong 0.1%er trust fund baby lectures others about racism.

CJ on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

…nice try….bigot!

KOOLAID2 on May 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

So ageism instead of sexism? I would hope that we could get away from identity politics completely (though I know that nearly impossible).

I think the bigger problem that Dems and people like Allah have is if Killary decides not to run…… who is waiting in the wings? There is an awful lot of investment in Killary these days.

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Someone should bring along a red card like they have for soccer and have the word “Race” written across the top of it and pull it out like a penalty whenever you see someone playing it.

Skipity on May 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

That’s my girl. Bring a nuke to a gunfight.

(hearts…)

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM

ToddPA on May 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I don’t think they usually say these things around anyone who would contradict them.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM

That’s my girl. Bring a nuke to a gunfight.

(hearts…)

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM

~~wink, wink~~

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Unless the one with the birth canal is named Sarah Palin.

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Those “R” birth canals like Palin and Bachman are considered traitors to their sex.

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

So you don’t like combat vets either.

How exactly did you spend your VA bonus, Ms. Eichmann?

Bishop on May 22, 2014 at 11:40 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Nice trolling.

northdallasthirty on May 22, 2014 at 11:40 AM

…illegible blubbering…
ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I’d say your brain is on drugs…

zoyclem on May 22, 2014 at 11:40 AM

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I’m thinking duels should be re-introduced back into American Politics. It might make azzholes like Rockefeller and Reid be more judicious with their language.

HumpBot Salvation on May 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

That entire Johnson clip is worth watching, not only for Johnson’s excellent response but also for Rockefeller’s denials of what he just said, as well as the patronizing ‘you’ve lost your temper’ bit. What a piece of garbage that man is. WV, what the hell have you been thinking all these years sending that douche back to Congress?

changer1701 on May 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Good for Ron Johnson for pushing back hard.

WisRich on May 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Uncle Toms Aunt Janes?

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Lifelong 0.1%er trust fund baby lectures others about racism.

CJ on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

at least rockefiller has managed to make something good out of his privilage, fighting for those who werent born lucky or privilaged like him. certain other 1%ers *cough cough* wouldn’t do the same and actually take the ladder away from people trying to climb there way up. and remove the safety net away from them that would break there falls.

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Apparently our troll forgot about all the vitriol spewed at W for 8 years by his buddies

What a maroon

cmsinaz on May 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Biden would bring a lot of blogging material, I would think.

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM

That second clip is gold.

That senile old ba$tard apparently can’t remember what fell out of his blow hole 4 minutes later.

He apparently didn’t expect to get called on it.

Nice….

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM

If you are going to talk about privilege, please learn how to spell it correctly.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Do, Rockefeller points out the uncomfortable truth that a lot of opposition to Obamacare is rooted in personal dislike of the President (unarguably true) and much of the dislike of the President is based on race — also pretty obviously true, especially on a state like West Virginia, which has an unfortunate number of racists running around (I have many friends in West Virginia politics and this fact is an open secret). He also said he had the emails to back up his statement.

So what’s the big deal? Just another excuse for Republicans to play victim.

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

For ThisIsYourBrainOnSomethingOnlyFringiesCareAbout…

Via WaPo:

Few private citizens find themselves in the congressional record as much as Charles and David Koch. The billionaire industrialists fund a panoply of conservative political groups to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. And they are near-daily targets of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who, at last count, mentioned the brothers on the Senate floor 134 times.

The name calling – “un-American,” “oil barons,” “multizillionaires” – seems meant to rally fundraising for his party, but we wondered how many people in Reid’s own state would know who the Koch brothers are. So we went to Las Vegas, where, as it turns out, barely anyone did.

Ouch.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

While I do expect charges of sexism to be used on a frequent basis during a Hillary Clinton administration, I don’t expect them to be that effective, because there is a significant percentage of women who support the Republican Party.

The Democrats could say, “If the Republicans aren’t racist, how come very few black people support them?” But they couldn’t plausibly say, “If the Republicans aren’t sexist, how come very few women support them?”

J.S.K. on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

While it is weird that the Senator from WV throws the racism term about so easily, what is more strange is how he so casually lies about having done so….This is just more proof that leftists are mentally ill and incapable of honor.

Redstone357 on May 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Biden would bring a lot of blogging material, I would think.

Bitter Clinger on May 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I don’t think anybody but Biden is considering Biden as a potential Presidential candidate.

Happy Nomad on May 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

What is undeniable is that you are a mouth breathing moron.

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Let’s give the first viewing tickets to Harry Reid, and the media.

forheremenaremen on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Yeah, he absolutely destroyed Rockefeller. And not just on the racism charge. He gave concrete examples of why Obamacare is such a clusterfark. And Rockefeller had no response other than to again smear Johnson by claiming he wants to deny people health care.

That’s the thing. Most Democrat politicians and pundits are idiots. They have no ability to debate on the merits, so they resort to talking points and smear tactics. Just bombard them with facts and they either clam up or beg for Candy Crowley to step in and save them.

Doughboy on May 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I oppose Medicare and Medicaid. I would have opposed HillaryCare, as well as TeddyRooseveltCare.

Oh, and I absofvckinglutely loathe the NHS.

Now, please explain how that proves that my opposition to Obamacare is based upon race.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

haven’t had to dodge sniper fire
Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Camera zooms in on helicopter, Sarah Palin crouches in it’s open door, Hunting rifle at the ready…

Camera pans to ground… Hillary Clinton is desperately zig zagging across a street strewn with bombed out cars…

Announcers voice… Your President, Your Choice…

oscarwilde on May 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Easy, you just hate everyone….

Pick up a book, winger…..

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Johnson could just say, “Rockefellers are scum. But don’t take it personally.”

Ward Cleaver on May 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Oh, and I absofvckinglutely loathe the NHS.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

its not just tht people like you might oppose obama because of hatred for him often rooted in his race. you also oppose policies like medicaire/medicaide/nhs because you don’t want your taxes going to help minorities disproportionitely. disparate impact and all that.

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

“Obamacare will NOT cost a dime.”
– Was a LIE from the start.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“Obamacare will pay for itself.”
– Was a LIE from the start.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“Obamacare will REDUCE the deficit.”
– Was a LIE from the start.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“Obamacare will LOWER the cost of health care.”
– Was a LIE from the start.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“If you LIKE your plan / doctor, you can KEEP your plan / doctor.”
– LIE OF THE YEAR – Was a LIE from the start.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“Obamacare will not create or raise any new taxes.”
– A LIE: Non-Participation Penalty Tax, Medical Device Tax…
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

The Constitution clearly states all legislation that creates or collects tax revenue MUST begin in the HOUSE…Obamacare was started in the Senate
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

The Constitution / Law clearly states NO ONE except the HOUSE can modify a law once if has been passed
– Obama has violated the Constitution by amending the ACA over 13 times by himself and by handing out over 2,200 waivers/delays in the law
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

The ACA is predicted to add over $1 trillion to the deficit…it has already cost tax payers HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars through ADVERTISING, FAILED ROLL-OUT, FAILED EXCHANGES, etc…
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

“The ACA will NOT cause Americans to lose their health care and jobs.”
– Millions of Americans DID lose their jobs and/or health insurance.
– What part does RACE have to do with that being a lie?

WHAT PART DID RACISM / RACE HAVE IN ANY OF THESE?
The President responsible for all of these LIES, for this failed Socialist take-over & destruction of the U.S. health care system, for the violations of both Costitution and Laws, and for the pain and hardship inflicted on the American people is a BLACK MAN…and ANY criticism of his LIES, FAILED POLICIES, AND PAIN INFLICTED ON THE AMERCIAN PEOPLE IS DEEMED TO BE ‘RACIST’ in an attempt to protect this admitted Communist/Socialist-tutored/mentored President.

easyt65 on May 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Johnson could just say, “Rockefellers are scum. But don’t take it personally.”

Ward Cleaver on May 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Nice…

But then he has to claim he didn’t say it 5 minutes later……

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Easy, you just hate everyone….

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Tru dat (:-)). It only goes to show that I’m an equal opportunity h8ter.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

The only thing Rockefeller has going for him is his name. Otherwise he’d be pumping gas somewhere in West Virginia. Just another example of that liberal East-coast inbreeding.

GarandFan on May 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Sorry about the double post. ‘N3gro’ got caught up in moderation.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

In the name of updated US PC, HA needs to accept the Spanish clean version of the term.

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

…much of the dislike of the President is based on race…
urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

That is YOUR perception, which clearly illustrates that you are the one who is focused on race. Bigot.

zoyclem on May 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Seriously, we have had the biggest cluster f*^k foisted on us and you want to talk pigment? How very convenient for you,.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM

So what’s the big deal? Just another excuse for Republicans to play victim.

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

preach it sister.

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM

So what’s the big deal? Just another excuse for Republicans to play victim.

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Why play the race card?

libfreeordie on May 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Sorry about the double post. ‘N3gro’ got caught up in moderation. – Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Shame on HotAir censorship software. They need to fix that immediately.

SC.Charlie on May 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Puhlease.

And, you’re damn right! I don’t want to pay any more in taxes. It’s time for EVERYONE to have some skin in the game…regardless of its colour.

FTR, when the NHS was formed and for most of its history, the minority population was miniscule. The Service still treats more white people than any other racial or ethnic group.

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Johnson should have challenged him to a duel.

BJ* on May 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

“unexpectedly” appears.

pambi on May 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I’ll answer only one of Clyburn’s ignorant charges – ref “Reconstruction”. That period (which lasted from 1865 to 1876, depending on the state) did not end in the “1890′s”, although the indoctrination has continued to this day. The period of 1865-1876 in the South was simply warfare carried on by different means. The presence of Federal troops throughout the South acted as an intimidation factor and guarantor of the disenfranchisement of Confederate veterans and previous government officials in favor of Carpetbaggers and wholly unqualified blacks, while thousands of thieves and hangers went South to take advantage of a prostrate populace in order ‘punish’ and complete its economic destruction, by moving vast amounts of wealth north and into the pockets of crooked politicians and crony capitalists. Many thousands of blacks did move North and into economic slavery, mainly because there were so few jobs where they lived, but, also because many believed that the North was the ‘Promised Land’. BTW, The One’s home state of Illinois understood the coming storm of black immigration North, so passed a state law that prohibited blacks from entering that state. Just sayin’. We have, all of us, fallen short of the Glory…Deo Vindice.

vnvet on May 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Get rid of charges of racism.

Bring back Dueling.

trigon on May 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Neither I nor Rockefeller accused all opponents of being racists. He just said that he had emails from people who had “made up their mind that they don’t want it to work, maybe because the don’t like the president.”

If you’re of the sunset that based your policy views on personal dislike of those who espouse them, rather than the merits of the policy, he may be talking about you. And you may be racist. This would be the Limbaugh syndrome. Those of you whe feel your views ate rooted in sound logic, should ask yourselves why you’re so defensive.

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I’m with Sajak:

Pat Sajak: ‘I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists’

Give the progs a little dose of their own meds… and watch their heads explode.

petefrt on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Thank you for that RWM. It kinda puts this whole debate into perspective. Just waiting for libfraud to pipe in that “dude, that was several years ago”

NOMOBO on May 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Johnson should have challenged him to a duel.

BJ* on May 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM

HA!!!

Zell Miller/Chris Mathews anyone???

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Where were you when the leftist troglodytes were comparing Bush to a chimp and Hitler and making movies about murdering him? Living under a rock? You insufferable little toad.

jawkneemusic on May 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

wholly unqualified blacks

vnvet on May 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM

perfect and timely example of racist hatred for Obama.

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM

So what’s the big deal? Just another excuse for Republicans to play victim.

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Agreed. Skyrocketing rates, loss of doctors and clinics, loss of plans, but people only hate DeathCare because the preznit is black.

Here’s the part, the math if you will, that I can’t quite grasp: Why are there more people who hate ObamaCare than voted for Romney in 2012, because it seems like a lot of non-racist Obama voters have become racist recently. A graph or pie chart would help.

Bishop on May 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Let’s cut the bullshit already,
If both of his parents were white( instead of the one who bore and raised him) opposition would double because people wouldn’t be intimidated by the race card.

Besides he’s not only more white than black, his WASP mom from a slave owning family met the requirements of Himmlers SS. And his daddy was an East African nilote.

avi natan on May 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

The parody is good, very good, but you have to bring a little unique-ness to it or else it’s just repetitive. A little tin-foil, if you will.

M240H on May 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

You funny.

SailorMark on May 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Just waiting for libfraud to pipe in that “dude, that was several years ago”

NOMOBO on May 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Wow! Said and done before I finished my first post. Just named the wrong weasle.

NOMOBO on May 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM

– Allah

Just to help you avoid one sling or arrow…she would be President Clinton…not President Hillary.
Also…bit of a forgone conclusion there? And 8 years?

verbaluce on May 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I wish that POS would have the guts to stand before WV voters one more time.

Tater Salad on May 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Right after Johnson points out zero’s bald-faced lie, Rockefeller, cavalierly, tells his own bald-faced lie in denying what he himself had just said. Accountability? Anywhere? Nah… what difference does it make?

The end is near…

mpower on May 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Doughboy

I’m not sure they’re idiots, at least, not in the way you think.

Democrats don’t debate on the merits because they don’t have to. The media has its thumb placed firmly on the scale – it won’t force Democrats to debate on the merits and it won’t allow Republicans to do so (hence all the focus on sideshow issues like racism, sexism, etc.).

BD57 on May 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM

So if a white woman with cancer loses her health insurance due to Obamacare and complains about it, is she racist? Or is it sexist for a Democrat man to try to shut her up?

There have been a lot of white female cancer patients on Fox News complaining about losing their health insurance due to Obamacare.

But, according to our august Senate Majority Leader, they are all liars. And, according to our silver-tongued President, Fox News is not a real news organization.

Move on, nothing to see here, don’t believe your lying eyes, or your dying cancer patients.

Steve Z on May 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM

HumpBot Salvation on May 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Given that liberals are very likely piss poor shots, it would certainly shut them up.

CurtZHP on May 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM

A graph or pie chart would help.

Bishop on May 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Graphs and pie charts usually have different colors…and are therefore, Racist. So unless you can put in some snotty and ignorant footnotes in there some place….No Deal.

…and don’t get me started on that whole ‘math’ thing either.

BigWyo on May 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on May 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

You were either born after 2008 or have selective amnesia. Pathetic.

And am I the only one getting a little sick of the racist libs trying to play the race card?
Haven’t they realized that most everyone knows it’s usually only played when they can’t win the arguments on the merits?

Saverio on May 22, 2014 at 12:09 PM

verbaluce on May 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

When we’re still trying to figure out how we got stuck with the genius we have now for eight years, it’s not hard to suspect that the masses will do it again.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

So, disliking a president makes one a racist???

I didn’t much like Bush. Was I a racist for having such an opinion?

I won’t like a President Hillary Clinton either…and, like her, I am a white woman. I’m sure that you, a man, will be accusing me of being a gender traitor or something.

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on May 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Fat Head Ed Shultz said if you disagree with the Thug in Chief Obama, then you are a racist. I’m a racist.

tmgrant on May 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Some Black Liberation Theologists welcome a Rockefeller 1%’er to dinner. Didn’t go well for him.

/yeah, I hear ya, got it, I’m a racist

M240H on May 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

If you like you plan you can keep your plan.
If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.
The average family will see a reduction in premiums of $2,500.
More jobs will be created.
The deficit will be reduced.

ALL LIES. All untrue. And they knew it.

But, yeah, it’s racism or something.

And yes, I get defensive when libtards accuse me or racism because they cannot defend the results and all the lies of their preferred policy. I get defensive when you push for more and bigger government when it’s incompetent, heaping more debt on me and my children, and stifling the economy and my freedoms.

gwelf on May 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM

urban elitist on May 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I have emails that state you are a mentally unstable individual who should probably be institutionalized for life. I got them from the same person who told Harry Reid that Romney cheated on his taxes.

If you’re of the sunset…

[T]hat based your policy views on personal dislike of those who espouse them, rather than the merits of the policy, he may be talking about you. And you may be racist. This would be the Limbaugh syndrome.

OK, provide proof Limbaugh dislikes Obama because of his skin color.

Why are you a racist pedophile?

NotCoach on May 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM