Video: Angry man not quite angry enough to hold anyone accountable for VA fiasco

posted at 12:41 pm on May 21, 2014 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Noted liberal hopping mad about predictable results of government-run health care.” I’m embarrassed to say that I thought there was a slim chance that he’d can Shinseki over this, even though that completely contradicts his M.O. over the past five years. The politics of it, with sick veterans left to die on secret wait lists, are simply too terrible for inaction, I figured. And it’s not like the administration was blindsided. They’ve known about “unreliable” wait times at the VA since before Obama became president; candidate Obama told veterans that addressing long waits was an “urgent” priority that he’d deal with as C-in-C in a now infamous stump speech in 2007. He and Shinseki had every reason to treat the VA as a code-red problem from the moment they assumed office. Instead, as far back as year two of the Obama administration, VA executives were sending around memos warning of questionable scheduling practices. And now here O is, in 2014, babbling about how he’s launching a new investigation and new studies, yadda yadda yadda, before deciding what to do.

Watch the second clip below, of CNN’s Drew Griffin, for the proper response to that. There have already been numerous studies, including by the VA’s IG, of the wait-time problem. How do you think Senator Obama knew that the problem was “urgent” in the first place? Everyone knows — and yet, given the opportunity to fire Shinseki and vowing that he “will not tolerate” this, Obama once again … decided to tolerate it. Shinseki’s still in command, for now, leaving O with basically nothing to say for himself here except rote expressions of outrage. This felt like the sort of presser that the president typically gives the day after a midterm election in which his party’s taken a beating: He has nothing to say, but he feels obliged to show his face lest he be accused of cowardice. That was his goal today — stand up in front of the camera, check the box by looking appropriately outraged, and hope that the time you’ve just bought yourself ends up with the media and the public losing interest and eventually focusing on something else. This guy ran on accountability and now, five years later, here we are. He’s completely checked out, as even some Democrats lately have begun to admit.

In conclusion, Sebelius/Shinseki 2016.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Anger Management Classes In His Immediate Future?

Bmore on May 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

He’s completely checked out,

Too much golfing, vacations, fundraising and nest-feathering to do in the next three years.

MistyLane on May 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Electing a moron President is dangerous.

Obama, the most dangerous of morons

Snippet:

Barry’s response: “No one is madder than me.”

If I hear “No one is madder than me,” one more time I think I am going to throw up all over my copy of the Audacity of Hope. I wouldn’t of course, because that might affect my ObamaCare eligibility, or the NSA might tell the IRS and I’d be audited.

Morons are a naturally angry lot. Wouldn’t you be if you didn’t know what the hell was going on? And who knows less of what is going on than Barack Obama?

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Pattern.

UnderstandingisPower on May 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Who took the strawberries?

viking01 on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Plus, work is hard….especially for someone who spells “leadership” as “politically expedient”.

MistyLane on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Putz won’t fire anyone because he’s projecting.
Doesn’t want to be fired.

I wish I could fire the Corruptocrat-in-Chief.

freedomfirst on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

From a Lame Duck to a Limp D!ck.

Incompetent and impotent is no way to go thru life, son.

HumpBot Salvation on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Just imagine how mad Obama is going to be when he reads in the New York Times that ‘Ric Shinseki’ is really ‘Eric Shinseki’!

DEFCON: NUCLEAR

///

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Obama is a proven liar. When will the media get this through their constipated heads?

otlset on May 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM

If somebody gets fired, it means he was wrong.

formwiz on May 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Obama is a SCOAMF.

That. Is. All.

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

From the earlier thread:

No termination of Shinseki?.
The systemic fraud and deception is obvious.
I see only two possibilities:

1). The practice was known and accepted by senior leadership. Unacceptable and possibly criminal.
2). Senior leadership was unaware of rampant fraud on a key measure. Total incompetence, unacceptable.

I’m sure plenty in the chain of command should be fired and determining who will require detailed, thorough investigation, but unless I’m missing a third possibility, the top guy has to go, as no investigation could possibly come to any other conclusions regarding leadership.

JusDreamin on May 21, 2014 at 12:11 PM

The One is incapable of doing anything wrong, so never a need to fire anyone in his administration. Pathetic.
Yep, I would say there is definitely a very slim possibility that this one could stick.

JusDreamin on May 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

formwiz on May 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Oohhh, what a very interesting point. I had never considered that but it fits his personality.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Angry man not quite angry enough to hold anyone accountable for VA fiasco

We were told that we had to wait and find out just what Shinseki found after he finishes investigating his own organization. It is the State Department’s handling of Benghazi or the IRS targeting of conservatives all over again. And the media doesn’t seem to see that it is following the same pattern.

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Impotence often leads to anger… so I’m told.

mjbrooks3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

If somebody gets fired, it means he was wrong.

formwiz on May 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Which is why he circles the wagons and tries to NEVER let his people be forced out.

Shinseki is going to go, and probably soon, but it won’t be a firing. Some University somewhere that’s saddling students with 300K in student loans for worthless degrees will invent a department for him to chair and off he will go.

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM

That’s probably what all his friends call him for short.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I guess we should have known better if we actually thought Shins was gonna get tossed. I can think of only one person that was ever fired in this administration, and that was for insulting Val. But as brainfree would say:

If it takes a Democratic president to get Republicans to give two shirts about veterans services, then so be it. I suppose those who care about how we care for military workers better hope a Democrat wins in 2016, otherwise these types of questions and public hearings will return to their status as “comfort to the enemy.”

libfreeordie on May 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I guess Obama’s broom must be broken, and that is probably Boooooooooosh’s fault.

NotCoach on May 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Barry’s response: “No one is madder than me.”

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

What’s your problem here? For once, Barry says the truth.

Rix on May 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM

That’s probably what all his friends call him for short.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

‘Cuz, like, um, ya know, E-R-I-C is sooooooo long.

:-)

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

MistyLane on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

RSPECT your Ruler, or else.

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

At least here he goes by Ric (see first sentence):

bobs1196 on May 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM

From WITCY, BEST TWEET EVER!

VA scandal: DIDN’T KNOW
Benghazi security: DIDN’T KNOW
Fast and Furious: DIDN’T KNOW
Lose your doctor: DIDN’T KNOW
Bin Laden hit: MASTERMIND—
Razor (@hale_razor) May 19, 2014

I think we could add to the list of “DIDN’T KNOW” but the MASTERMIND list is complete.

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Statistically speaking, how do the majority of veteran vote? I have a guess and I think it figures strongly into why this will be given only lip service.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

From WITCY, BEST TWEET EVER!

VA scandal: DIDN’T KNOW
Benghazi security: DIDN’T KNOW
Fast and Furious: DIDN’T KNOW
Lose your doctor: DIDN’T KNOW
Bin Laden hit: MASTERMIND—
Razor (@hale_razor) May 19, 2014

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Absolutely. That is the best clubbing of a Baby President EVER DONE In 140 characters or less.

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Sick and dead vets are pesky to him and his crew.Anyone breathing can see that.

docflash on May 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Impotence often leads to anger… so I’m told.

mjbrooks3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

heh. good one.

ToddPA on May 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Can’t hold others accountable until you hold yourself accountable.

Psych 101!

LetsBfrank on May 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Exactly! And when your close with someone, you are going to work really really hard to help them reacher their goals.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

That CNN clip was borderline astounding.

Sacramento on May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Impeach this lying pos and be done with it.

HotAirian on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Statistically speaking, how do the majority of illegal aliens vote?

Could that be why Obama is declaring the border to be a national monument (so as to keep ANYONE away that could stop them from getting in) and setting up camps for “dreamers” and VETERANS ARE DYING BY THE HUNDREDS in VA hospitals?

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Funny how no one has ever seen Osama’s dead carcass (or Barry’s birth certificate, for the case) and yet everybody believes that it is real because Barry said so and some of his loyal underlings confirmed.

Rix on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I’m holding my breath before it’s “not a smidgeon of corruption”. He must think we are stupid if we are going to buy this. Well at least 40% of us (them).

warmairfan on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

You also gots to love the fact untimely care for our veterans is met with an untimely and late “Madder than anybody and I assure that I will not know anything about the next scandal” press speech.

Obama can’t throw a baseball or show up on time. No wonder things are going so well.

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Rix on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

We also have never seen the foreign student aid forms or the academic transcripts. It hasn’t even been substantiated with any documentation that he even graduated from Columbia or Harvard.

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Could be! But it doesn’t do any good to be on to him, the press agrees.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

jukin3 on May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM

He also doesn’t golf very well considering all the practice he gets.

ConstantineXI on May 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM

WHAT DIFFERENCE AT THIS POINT DOES IT POSSIBLE MAKE?

- mysterious big-government health care advocating stranger preparing to inherit the White House

Good Lt on May 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM

libfreeordie on May 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM

See, jackass, if a Republican tries to let the President know, like the VA committee chair in the House did nearly a year ago, it makes Barky give two shirts LESS. Because Republican and Barky is just petty like that.

I’ll bet he told Shinseki that he wasn’t going to request a resignation merely because he didn’t want to give the Rs the satisfaction.

Buck Farky on May 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I’ve worked on three campaigns in San Diego county, which has a very high concentration of Vets (If I’m not mistaken, the highest in the country). It was quite a rude awakening to discover that a LOT of Vets vote democrat. Why? I really could not say.
Active duty guys (though notoriously prone to not voting or having their votes not counted) Clearly lean republican.
I don’t think that presser impressed any Vet, at least not any that have to deal with the VA.

JusDreamin on May 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Can’t hold others accountable until you hold yourself accountable.

Psych 101!

LetsBfrank on May 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM

He’s not trying to hold anyone accountable. He just wants to blame somebody.

Oldnuke on May 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Wow – Drew Griffin did not even know what to say.

Well Drew, we don’t know what to say anymore either.

#nowords

LetsBfrank on May 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I will not tolerate it.

I can’t imagine how he can do more to accommodate and cover up this behavior.

Enterprising VA staffers have expanded from murder to drug-dealing:

theCork on May 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

DEFCON: NUCLEAR

///

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM

At which point Jay Carney will announce that he personally knows three Eric Shinsekis.

Seriously, if the rat-eared wonder thought that this presser was going to buy his administration some political lebensrauem, I don’t think he got it. Going full schoolmarm and telling us that we had to wait until his political operative and the guy in charge of the corruption finished destroying the evidence investigating just isn’t good enough. Especially this week with Memorial Day looming. How do you synch todays comments about sacred duty to take care of vets, the ceremonies and parades of this weekend for the war dead, and a corrupt and feckless organization that was more concerned with bonuses than providing veterans the care they were promised?

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

He’s not trying to hold anyone accountable. He just wants to blame somebody.

Oldnuke on May 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Enter the evil Republicans. Can’t wait to hear how he links the cause and effect.

LetsBfrank on May 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM

He didn’t even feign indignation.

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM

This goon doesn’t even know the name of his VA secretary.

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

One of the reasons I really like having the new LFOD around is because he doesn’t get any of the old jokes. Ready?

rogerb on May 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Why didn’t he say “General Shinseki”?

Is he “Ric” with the general? Even if, why not respect his man?

They are both turkeys.

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Oh, old white guys want to go a doctor?

rogerb on May 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM

He looks like Karl Childers in that pic.

Brat on May 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM

The face of un-engagement.

jake49 on May 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM

From a class I had nearly 2 decades ago…

“Based on results” Obama is lying.

sadatoni on May 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Odumbo, the buck stops where?

rjoco1 on May 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Obama lies and our most deserving Veterans, die… ’nuff said.

Scrumpy on May 21, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Why didn’t he say “General Shinseki”?

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Speaking for myself, a man who oversees the systemic neglect and deaths of veterans doesn’t deserve to be called “General Shinseki.”

That’s the title you would use for an honorable civil servant and decent human being not a corrupt crap weasel.

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Anger Management Classes In His Immediate Future?

Bmore on May 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

The idiot needs anger uppers.

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Don’t blame me I just found out

Dang Valerie help me out here

cmsinaz on May 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM

It’s funny how all Obama’s problems can be fixed by more investigations but then they stonewall investigators.

Cindy Munford on May 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Move along now…. phony scandal if gop wants further investigation
-lsm talking points

cmsinaz on May 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Why I call him Shitseki, h/t a brilliant man, who served.

But, he claimed up front to be the “CiC”, and bla, bla, bla…

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Sacramento on May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I completely agree. As a veteran it absolutely breaks my heart to think that these men and women who have sacrificed so much for their Country are being treated so shabbily.

There is absolutely no excuse for making veterans a political football and surprisingly some Democrats are agreeing with that.

However, when I see this complete piece of filth who calls himself “the Commander in Chief” playing politics with this issue, I want to physically hurt someone.

USNCVN on May 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM

The only thing worse than this coward as POTUS is having a bunch of cowards in Congress who won’t impeach him. Also a Democrat party and Press who will cover for him until the country breaks apart.

neyney on May 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Goes equally for bloggers and reporters, on TV too – never leave out that the lists were faked for bonuses.

Why do gov’t Guinea worms, who never produce a profit, get any bonuses, ever?

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I hate to be curt
Drew

About time there buddy

cmsinaz on May 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

To be clear, for the NSA who monitors this, I’m hot threatening our very own affirmative action president. However, I do have an uncle who voted for this guy. He lives in Oregon and was “soo excited” about Obamacare and his free health benefits. He’s also sick and a complete loony liberal. I’m hoping he’s enjoying his Obamacare now…

USNCVN on May 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Phony GOP scandal.

Not a smidgen of incompetence or corruption.

BuckeyeSam on May 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

If Obama had a son or daughter who was treated like the VA has treated vets…… we’d see some real outrage. But since the brats will undoubtedly never serve in uniform, we get fake outrage and pretend investigations.

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Hey Barry…..
You’re screwing with the wrong folks…you’ve already classified us as “domestic terrorists….So…

I remember a movie called Billy Jack…a cycle gang was accused of raping a young lady. They had not; but now figured, since accused, they were “owed” one….so they did the sheriff’s daughter.

Well, since accused, I guess we’re owed one. In our case, the Fed govt is the daughter.

If you want to save the Republic, the government must be made to fear the people…both politicians and employees.
Make them afraid to steal from us.
This can be effected by following them home from work and posting their address with photo on the web….then, camp out on their front lawn. Put them on the web as the thieves they are.
III

Sgt Stryker on May 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Well, he checked the box, but he couldn’t even feign indignation, forget about “outrage”.

Schadenfreude on May 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Malia: “Daddy, when are you going to plug the hole in the VA fiasco?”

BuckeyeSam on May 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Obama……full of shit then, full of shit now.

GarandFan on May 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

will not tolerate

You keep using that word. I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

GWB on May 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

“I’m s-so, so, so,s-s-s-so mad I could just eat a dog!!!”

–Buck Ofama, in a private meeting with The Ric-ster

NOMOBO on May 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Who took the strawberries?

viking01 on May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM

+7%…!

Seven Percent Solution on May 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Obama’s got 2 buffoons serving as his Sec State & Sec Defense – for really the only reason that they are anti-war ex-military.

Shinseki was a high-ranking, outspoken, anti-Iraq War general. Those are hard to come by. Obama will not let him go.

crrr6 on May 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Told ya so! ;-)

crrr6 on May 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM

On a side note, I’ve noticed that the number of kool-aid drinkers has diminished greatly over the term of this presidency. When the AAP came on the scene, they were all over this site, mocking conservatives.

Now we have, sadly, some third-rate liberals around here. They aren’t even showing up half the time, and when they do, their arguments aren’t even jv league.

Oh, and HonestLib, who could almost pull off playing conservative, based on some of his posts. At least he’s consistent.

USNCVN on May 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Malia: “Daddy, when are you going to plug the hole in the VA fiasco?”

BuckeyeSam on May 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Obama:

‘As soon as I find out whose asses to kick at the VA, Snookums.’

Resist We Much on May 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Obama never mentioned in his books that Sergeant Schultz was his hero.

faraway on May 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I hate to be curt
Drew

About time there buddy

cmsinaz on May 21, 2014 at 1:20 P

He hated telling the truth for once. Blind squirrel, nuts and so forth.

Brat on May 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Replay of his speech – edited

faraway on May 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Anger and histrionics are the hallmarks of a sociopath trying to add credibiity to their lies. “I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski…”. “What difference – at this point, what differences does it make?” It not even difficult anymore to know when they are lying.

Over30 on May 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM

It’s the Keystone VA Syndrome.

tree hugging sister on May 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM

USNCVN on May 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Careful what you wish for. Usually about the time folks are complaining about the quality of trolls is when HA launches a membership drive. Just sayin’

But seriously, how can libs even begin defending what is going on at the VA?

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

The buck stops with Obama because he will ignore it and not let it go any further.

DAT60A3 on May 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM

What do you expect from a Democrat administration that is comprised of people who may NEVER have been held accountable for anything – always, “pass along,nothing to see.”

There is a reasons standards existed (note, past tense). Standards are measurements of achievement. What has this Dem administration achieved? Nothing but power to act as junior high kids with “get even” behavior for people who may have hurt them – i.e., perceived victimization.

Heck, had the Republicans been in charge, the MSM, with all their sycophants would have just been all over this.

It’s time for MSM to wake up – their futures are at stake if they don’t.

MN J on May 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Succinctly put.

BKeyser on May 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Veterans aren’t going to be happy and when Veterans aren’t happy, no one in Washington should be happy.

SC.Charlie on May 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I agree, but I’ll raise you one. How can anyone defend the actions of this criminal administration. Yet somehow, they do.

I must admit that Drew Griffin’s response to the question in that video was pretty classic. It was like someone told him there was no Santa Claus.

Eventually even water can destroy a boulder, given enough time. Maybe, just maybe, the water is finally showing it’s had enough time…

Nah, who am I kidding? This is all Bush’s fault.

USNCVN on May 21, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I’m wondering just what it would take to lose a job under this administration? The gutless wonder hasn’t held anyone responsible for anything. Anything except tweeting insults or giving uncomplimentary interviews about the administration. Those are grounds for termination. Mismanagement? Irresponsibility? Incompetence? Wasting billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars? Providing inadequate security for one of our embassies? Using secret lists that determine who gets health care in the VA? Nope.
President Obama is the only person on this planet who turns my stomach on a regular basis.

scalleywag on May 21, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Did Barry get his anger from Michael Moore????

roflmmfao

donabernathy on May 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM

“If VA allegations are true, I’m drawing a red line…”

bofh on May 21, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Oooohhhh… he’s wee-wee’d up!

Galtian on May 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Oooohhhh… he’s wee-wee’d up!

Galtian on May 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM

He’s just waiting for the report to find out whose ass he needs to kick.

Happy Nomad on May 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Nice montage of an angry Obama by Rush Limbaugh

cmsinaz on May 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Frankly, I’m shocked and surprised by this administration’s treatment of veterans. What will they do next? Prohibit them from visiting open air memorials in DC?

monalisa on May 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM