Video: Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

posted at 3:21 pm on May 19, 2014 by Allahpundit

You get three guesses and the first two don’t count.

I swear, I meant to add “learned about it on the news” to my handy guide to Obama crisis management but I got sidetracked with something else before the post went live. Ah well. By now, after the IRS and AP scandals, you guys should have been able to mentally scribble that one in the margin yourselves. We all know how the M.O. works at this point.

I figure we’re three, maybe four weeks away from Carney pronouncing the VA scandal “old news.” Exit question: When Obama told veterans in 2007 that we need a “new sense of urgency” in making sure sick and injured vets are quickly seen, what else did he mean if not proactive investigation and resolution of the problem by the new president?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

Low Batt on TV remote?

Tsar of Earth on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

He meant “1-800-F1UCKYO!!!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Obama would be a much more effective preezy if he watched Fox News 24/7.

Oxymoron on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Obama really is the John Gill of U.S. presidents, isn’t he? Supposedly so far out of the loop when trouble arises he’s broken free of the sun’s gravity.

jon1979 on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

“As President, I won’t stand for hundreds of thousands of veterans waiting for benefits. We’ll hire additional claims workers,” Obama said. “We’ll bring together veterans groups and the VA to work out a claims process that is fair and fast. And instead of shutting veterans out, we’ll make sure that our disabled vets receive the benefits they deserve, and we’ll allow all veterans back into the VA health care system. And we’ll have a simple policy when it comes to homeless veterans: zero tolerance. We’ll expand housing vouchers. We’ll set up a new supportive services program to prevent at-risk veterans and their families from sliding into homelessness. We’ll stand with veterans in their hour of need, just as they have stood up for us.” — Sen. Barack Obama, Oct 2007

J_Crater on May 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

Obama found out about it when a member of his family had problems with the VA.

Oh wait…..nope.

MichaelGabriel on May 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM

They are just lying bald faced all the time now. Did the press challenge Carney?

dogsoldier on May 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Top Men.

Bishop on May 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM

He never knows anything bad and is responsible for all the good. That’s pretty much the gist of every clown show, er, presser.

changer1701 on May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Jay Carney is Baghdad Jay

chuckh on May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Lying sack…

Seven Percent Solution on May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

They can’t fire Shinsecky, he’s the only retired general that would put up with Zero’s BS.

Tater Salad on May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Obama would be a much more effective preezy if he watched Fox News 24/7.

Oxymoron on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Billboard sized Flat panels on the links, otherwise he might miss it.

Seriously Carney and King Putt are full of shit.

dogsoldier on May 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

The Virginia Scandal.

You rethuglicans sure come up with some cool names for your fake scandals.

–verbaldouche

HumpBot Salvation on May 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

One of his golfing partners in Phoenix told him.

Steve Z on May 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM

jon1979 on May 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Obama is so far out of the loop that the White House has installed EGGs (Emergency Gravity Generators).

J_Crater on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Jay Carney personally knows at least 3 Virgina Scandals.

HumpBot Salvation on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

LOL

I don’t know what to do but laugh anymore. If I keep taking this reality seriously, I will surely have an embolism and stroke out.

Midas on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

PLEASE bring back the Facebook LIKE option.

Thank you.

Gadsden

GadsdenRattlers on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Wow it’s a good thing the White House has TVs. How else would Dear Leader know what’s going on?

cat_owner on May 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Video: Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

Have not looked at or read the article. My guess. The Newspaper. How did I do?

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Why aren’t vets showing up at events where Obama and Biden and Michelle are attending and protesting?
Where are the vets protesting at the golf courses Obama attends?

albill on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

J_Crater on May 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

What a farking liar. I loathe him.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

#TellMeWhatsHappening

faraway on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Hardly fair, AP. As “O” was awarded the Nobel peace Prize for ‘merely’ being elected and he’d been heaped praise that his election would ‘heal the Earth and stop the rising of the oceans’–The One expected the resolution of the VA ‘wait list scandal’ to come upon his acknowledgement there was a need for a solution…

socalcon on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

The same thing he meant for ACA: “I need an applause line here.”

calbear on May 19, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

Obama found out about it when a member of his family had problems with the VA.

Oh wait…..nope.

MichaelGabriel on May 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Hey, wait a minute! Didn’t the VA supply the flag that was draped over Obama’s Kenyan father’s coffin or something?

I believe in our ability to perfect this nation, because it’s the only reason I’m standing here today. I know the promise of America, because I’ve lived it. Michelle has lived it; you have lived it.

It is the light of opportunity that led my father across an ocean. It’s the founding ideals that the flag draped over my father’s coffin stand for. It is life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Resist We Much on May 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Not conclusive. I am not familiar with the gentleman asking the question. Newspaper or TV?

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Newspapers are so last century. We should be grateful though that TV was invented though.

cat_owner on May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Sen. Barack Obama, Oct 2007

J_Crater on May 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

The one line I endorse today: “zero tolerance”.

socalcon on May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Video: Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

Mandatory Casablanca reference.

CJ on May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

cat_owner on May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

So 0 found out about the problems through an Arizona TV station?

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Arming his bureaucrats while killing our Veterans…

… Obama’s Amerika! It is Paradise, No?

Seven Percent Solution on May 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Unstinkingbelievable

Msdnc hacks will defend this excuse, natch

cmsinaz on May 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Mandatory Casablanca reference.

CJ on May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Round up the usual suspects!

TarheelBen on May 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM

albill on May 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Did you know they lock up the press in utility sheds at his golf outings? I’m not joking or making that up.

Do they announce his golf plans? I have never seen an announcement ahead of time, but you raise good questions. Good ideas!

dogsoldier on May 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM

“Dude, this was like 3 weeks ago.”

BoxHead1 on May 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Jumpin’ Joe said Dog Eater was clean and articulate, he never said the man was informed.

You bigots are laughable.

Bishop on May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM

According to his crony Jay Carney, he finds out about most things from watching TV. I have a feeling it’s not Fox news though.

cat_owner on May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I’m not worried. Nobody is madder than Obama about this. So, make no mistake : he will not tolerate this kind of incompetence and will not rest until people are held accountable.

crrr6 on May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

For being the smartest man ever in History to be elected President, he seems to be way behind the power curve on finding out about stuff.

Johnnyreb on May 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM

He’s an ass.

Alana on May 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Who cares..he’s madder then hell and Denis McDonough has the scares to prove it.

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM

obama authorized the VA’s actions.

Pork-Chop on May 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM

You lie!

cmsinaz on May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

You can’t really blame Carney and Obama and Team for doing this.

The media aided and abetted them in this same method for the IRS scandal, Benghazi scandal, etc.

It has a proven track record.

gwelf on May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I’m going to try the Obama Technique in my life…

“I know, I know, not giving you any kind of warning, despite my promise was despicable. …and then grabbing your head and pushing it down just made it worse. Believe me, I’m mad as hell. Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this!”

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

But he’s mad as hell..

sandee on May 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

This must mean we’re only days – perhaps hours – away from Obama claiming outrageous outrage at this scandal and order an “investigation”.

At which point Carney will refuse to answer any questions because it’s under “investigation”.

A month or so from now it will be politicizing the VA scandal to ask questions about it because it’s a fake scandal.

gwelf on May 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Report: Obama transition team was warned about unreliable wait times at VA in 2008

Obama’s transition team was warned in ’08. Obama himself just found out when he read the papers last week.

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I called it!!!

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I used to think that the legacy media were obsolete, but now I’ve changed my opinion. After all, if it weren’t for WaPo, NYT, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc., where on earth would the President find out about all the things going on in his administration?

Hayabusa on May 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Hayabusa on May 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Ha ha ha.

gwelf on May 19, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Especially since as a senator, BHO was on the VA sub-committee, and should have known before the election.

gonnjos on May 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM

His staffers must dread that 30 minutes when SportsCenter finishes up and he’s just idly clicking through the channels. “What the hell…Assad is still in power?!”

JeremiahJohnson on May 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM

“Dude, that was like 5 years ago!”

ConservativePartyNow on May 19, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Sad thing is that there are many veterans who voted for that toolbox. Hate to trot out Schadenfreude here… but it’s gotta be equal opportunity.

nullrouted on May 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I called it!!!

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Nope, you lose:

Dog Eater knew about this in 2008 after the election, but he will claim he just found out after catching a CNN blurb last night.

Bishop on February 30, 2014 at 2:61 PM

Bishop on May 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out that the Mooch was pregnant ?
:O ;-)

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

crrr6 on May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

He’ll put his best team on it. The ones who did the Obamacare website.

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Obama found out what he put on to wear this morning from Vogue Magazine.

Obama found out what he ate for Lunch today from the NYT food Reviewer.

portlandon on May 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Resist We Much on May 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM

The US flag on his Nigerian father’s coffin is a pretty big lie, but this one is bigger. It should peg out the meter.

I love this country too much to see it divided and distracted at this critical moment in history.

gonnjos on May 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

obama authorized the VA’s actions.

Pork-Chop on May 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I don’t doubt that for a minute. He knew back in 2008 there were problems at the VA. He made a speech. Problem solved when Shinsecki went out and threw out a 14 day figure, KNOWING that the VA couldn’t comply.

Who got bonuses for killing our Veterans? That’s what I really want to know.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Obama found out he had to use the Bathroom from the Surgeon General.

portlandon on May 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Hey maybe BlowReilly will write a book ” Killing Veterans ” as a tribute to the Commander and Thief Hussein,
right after he finishes writing ” Killing Stevens”

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM

…and we’ll allow all veterans back into the VA health care system.

Big mistake.

rlwo2008 on May 19, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Nope, you lose:

Bishop on February 30, 2014 at 2:61 PM

Bishop, far be it from me to question your integrity, but what’s up with that time?

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on May 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Considering the Bush white house briefed him on this in 2008 that excuse seems even more lame than usual. I would think that Obamas complete incompetence alone would be grounds for impeachment. He only ever seems to find out whats going on in his own administration by reading it in the paper.

neyney on May 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM

These briefings are missing a laugh track.

Tard on May 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Two words:

Implausible

Deniability

Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Bishop on February 30, 2014 at 2:61 PM

2:61 PM?

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Don’t worry when something goes right Obama will be there to tell us over and over in victory lap after victory lap how he is solely responsible for it.

If only the veterans had listened to Syphillious and Obama about how to sneeze properly into your elbow.

jukin3 on May 19, 2014 at 4:14 PM

The great thing about this is that they can’t blame this on lack of funding (they may try). Spending at the VA has been jacked up over 60% since 2008. This is pure mismanagement. The Obama administration is the world’s greatest PR firm for the most incompetent managers ever.

dforston on May 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM

When asked how he found out about World War III, Obama replied :

“I noticed the golf course was a little dry today so I turned on the tv to check the weather.”

MichaelGabriel on May 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM

2:61 PM?

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM

And on Feb 30th. Nicely done…

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM

It is time for a Veterans march on Washington. I am not a Veteran but I would love to contribute in any way that I can.

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I’m going to try the Obama Technique in my life…

“I know, I know, not giving you any kind of warning, despite my promise was despicable. …and then grabbing your head and pushing it down just made it worse. Believe me, I’m mad as hell. Rest assured, I will get into the your bottom of for this!”

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

FIFY Also the check is in the mail and I love you.

jukin3 on May 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I think we all need to dial it back a bit and realize we, as citizens of this Republic, have a duty to our rightfully elected leaders, especially the President.

I am starting a fund to raise money for the purchase of televisions. It is apparent there are not nearly enough to be found at his residence, office, car, golf cart, plane, etc. If only he had more tv’s he could be better informed. And not only him, but the VP and their staff.

Please send your non-tax refundable donations to: http://www.imafingidiot.com.

Thanks for your consideration and support. Without your help we are in deep trouble as a Nation. With your help, a brighter day is just ahead.

USNCVN on May 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Johnnyreb on May 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Hey! Maybe we need a new cabinet position. Secretary of Findin’ Siht Out.

Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I am not really for this but, perhaps the next time Obama addresses the troops anywhere they should just turn their backs to Obama as he gives his address.

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hey! Maybe we need a new cabinet position. Secretary of Findin’ Siht Out. – Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

He has that covered when it comes to those that oppose him. He just doesn’t know what his lackeys are doing or should I say not doing.

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I had a chance to meet and shake hands with obama about two years ago. I passed.

Didn’t trust my mouth.

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on May 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I called it!!!

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Nope, you lose:

Bishop on February 30, 2014 at 2:61 PM

Bishop on May 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Damn, got me again!!!

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Hussein found out who is daddy was by reading
” Dreams of my father “

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Dude! That was like a week ago!

kozmocostello on May 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

As much as I’d love to see that I’d hate for them to go through a court martial for it. You know that would happen too.

Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

And on Feb 30th. Nicely done…

*smacks head on table* Completely missed that.

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on May 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Hey! Maybe we need a new cabinet position. Secretary of Findin’ Siht Out.

Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Heh. Reminds me of the line from Armegeddon:

Harry Stamper
“You’re NASA, for Christ’s sake! You’re the guys that think this sh!t up! I’m sure you’ve got people in a room, just thinkin’ sh!t up!”

USNCVN on May 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM

cat_owner on May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Ha! Jay Crony…

HiJack on May 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM

SC.Charlie on May 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Oldnuke on May 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

And for good reason, too. No matter how a soldier feels, his duty is to respect authority and obey orders. How I feel for those in uniform who have to submit to this Marxist queen.

HiJack on May 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

So, the most powerful man-child in the world with the best information gathering infrastructure at his command had no clue about anything? Ever? Is the guy a lying sack of turds or what?

HiJack on May 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM

“I plan to run the most transparent administration ever!”

Could someone PLEASE tell President Obama, oblivious is NOT a synonym for transparent?

LouisianaLightning on May 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Baghdad Bobbie, always. How on Earth does this worm breathe?

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Finally. An actual scandal.

libfreeordie on May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM

VA Death Panels

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Troops say it all. Obama Sucks

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Catch the Freudian slip? Instigating instead of investigating. Will polygraphs be ordered? How about disclosure agreements? Time will tell, but a track record has been established.

djaymick on May 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Another example of Leading from Behind, huh Jay?

Does it not trouble anyone that the President is getting his intel from the media, or that he employs staff in his administration that do not forewarn him of impending issues?

Looks around…..Who the hell is running this show?!?!?!

can_con on May 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM

VA Death Panels

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

They are slowly killing our Veterans and taking away their weapons by having them declared PTSD. This is a cold, calculated effort by Obama and his ilk.

I pray to God Almighty that Obama will be publicly shamed, humiliated and forced off the world’s stage… Relegated to the life of a two bit huckster. You know? Kinda like his “old life” back in Chicago. Nothing but a two bit huckster from the hood waging war on America Herself.

Shame on him.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 4:47 PM

VA Death Panels

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Something tells me that there must be a chain of e-mails and documents from Hussein to the VA detailing how the VA should kill our veterans.
HOW else did these obscene bonuses came about ?

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Exactly what they blamed Bush for. Being in a fking bubble.

If it wasn’t for projection, these amoral reprobate assholes wouldn’t have a single definable trait outside the base animal desires.

Murphy9 on May 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM