Video: Anyone want to guess how Obama allegedly found out about the VA scandal?

posted at 3:21 pm on May 19, 2014 by Allahpundit

You get three guesses and the first two don’t count.

I swear, I meant to add “learned about it on the news” to my handy guide to Obama crisis management but I got sidetracked with something else before the post went live. Ah well. By now, after the IRS and AP scandals, you guys should have been able to mentally scribble that one in the margin yourselves. We all know how the M.O. works at this point.

I figure we’re three, maybe four weeks away from Carney pronouncing the VA scandal “old news.” Exit question: When Obama told veterans in 2007 that we need a “new sense of urgency” in making sure sick and injured vets are quickly seen, what else did he mean if not proactive investigation and resolution of the problem by the new president?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So, the most powerful man-child in the world with the best information gathering infrastructure at his command had no clue about anything? Ever? Is the guy a lying sack of turds or what?

HiJack on May 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Flora Duh on May 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Clearly the Dems have internal polls that say “As long as you claim you know nothing about what you are supposed to know – people won’t care”

I don’t know if its low expectations of an AA hire or low expectations of a Democrat AA hire.

Odie1941 on May 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM

To look into Carney’s face is to glimpse a trapped squirrel

kenny on May 19, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Flora Duh on May 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

great to read your posts again.

ToddPA on May 19, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Hussein found out who is daddy was by reading
” Dreams of my father “

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM

…LOL!

KOOLAID2 on May 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Everyone is accountable in their daily lives… Except Obama. He special.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I’ve been using the VA for a number of years, but today I obtained the initial paperwork required by a Primary Care Clinic. Even though they have a number of physicians, only one Doctor and one Nurse Practicioner still have openings for Medicare patients.

RADIOONE on May 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Assuming of course that Carney started out with a soul when taking this job, having to say crap like this every day has to have eaten away at it. As Trey Gowdy would say, I’m not surprised they claim this nonsense. I’m just surprised anyone buys it.

KateNE on May 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I spent 3 months at the VAH (Vah Spa) with my classmates in medical school. It was a joke, we never were assigned patients or professors, just used the time to study for national exams. If you like gov healthcare and the DMV you will love Obamacare

I am not a racist on May 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM

The only thing NUMBNUTS is proactive in is politics. Everything else is window dressing.

Thanks once again to the 51+% of who voted that POS into office.

GarandFan on May 19, 2014 at 5:24 PM

GAO report on medical wait times

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Since Obama spends all his time partying, flying, golfing and campaigning, the only place he can learn about anything is from the news.

sadatoni on May 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I am not a racist on May 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Everyone is clamoring for a prostate and GYN exam at the DMV.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Once again, so appropriate. …

pambi on May 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I am absolutely positive Obama will take time out of his busy schedule and speak with all the Vets who will be in DC over Memorial Day weekend for Rolling Thunder.
Or not, since he is the only US President who doesn’t take the time to meet with them.

Annie21LA on May 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

How did they not laugh?

Sapience on May 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I was joking about this “response” when the scandal first broke. Someone should make a mashup of all the different scandals Obama learned about on the evening news.

jdpaz on May 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM

We all know how the M.O. works at this point.

Not a day in her life.

nukemhill on May 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Didn’t the “14 day” for appointment rule come out in 2010, well into Obama’s term? Which once again highlights the greatest unspoken failing of this President. A complete and utter failure at management. Even when the goals are noble or well intentioned. What’s the old business axiom? “If it isn’t being measured it isn’t being managed”. They put well intentioned rules in place without any actual feedback loops to measure if anything is working. As a result they started paying VA employees bonuses for double book keeping and losing patients to the point of death. It’s utterly obscene. And any private sector manager would have picked up on it in an instant. With no feedback loops and analysis you incentivize lies, theft and bad behavior.

patches on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

PLEASE bring back the Facebook LIKE option.

Thank you.

Gadsden

GadsdenRattlers on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I don’t feel like I’m properly lurking without some way of showing my agreement with the other posters :)

smallbird on May 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

To look into Carney’s face is to glimpse a trapped squirrel

kenny on May 19, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I thought his look was more that of a constipated trapped squirrel.

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on May 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM

So. Let’s get Barack Obama elected.

And then hire Howdy Doody as his spokesdouche.

/How quaint.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Prez.PoopyPants sure seems to have a lot of time to watch T.V.Just imagine how clueless he’d be if he didn’t…..

SweetSensationalist on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

We’ll stand with veterans in their hour of need, just as they have stood up for us.” — Sen. Barack Obama, Oct 2007

J_Crater on May 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

What a farking liar. I loathe him.

Just wanted to re-emphasize both these points.

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on May 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I thought about you earlier today. Sean Hannity is looking for information about VA service to vets. If you’re interested, you might check his site.

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I suspect an amateur video somewhere is to blame for all of this.

Borgcube on May 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Only a lying Democrat, followed by a sycophant media, can get away with this stuff.

A short question. After lying to us for so long, can Carney ever get a job where trust is a pre-requisite?

bflat879 on May 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM

PLEASE bring back the Facebook LIKE option.

Thank you.

Gadsden

GadsdenRattlers on May 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

smallbird on May 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Just quote the comment and add
or if you really agree
+++++++++++++
or chat room style
^
or if you think its the best
Thread Winner!

The problem with disqus is threads becomes a race for likes. Conversation takes a back seat.

BoxHead1 on May 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I figure Harvard might have mentioned it during his regular grades cover-up briefing….

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Thanks, LH.. Still in the mourning stage at this point. Not talking to anyone….

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

West Virginia Doctor claims several VA patients on wait list committed suicide:

bw222 on May 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM

He went to Harvard? No witnesses?

/Just find ONE person that remembers him. Not sure that UhChelle went to Yale either,

BOTH lost their law licenses. If they ever legitimately possessed same.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM

BoxHead1 on May 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Agreed, disqus totally sucks.

slickwillie2001 on May 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM

What is obama doing about this, even if off topic?

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Now I’m imagining a great title for a country western song.

“I found out my girlfriend dumped me on the six o’clock news”

fogw on May 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM

He’s madder than Hell

/Douche’

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I think See-BS or similar claimed years ago to have found one of O’Barky’s Harvard perfessers.

Whether or not that was just another DNC shill on the take, who knows?

Much like the recent Chelsea marketing campaign which had several magazines shoveling the sh…

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Agreed, disqus totally sucks.

slickwillie2001 on May 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++

BoxHead1 on May 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM

1. Obama was unaware that the ObamaCare launch was in jeopardy. Nobody qualified was in charge, but we are also expected to believe that nobody informed him that his signature domestic achievement was failing in testing. Further, we are asked to believe that Mr. Obama never asked about progress as the deadline drew near.
2. Obama was unaware for five years that the NSA was spying on Angela Merkel and other heads of state.
3. Obama was unaware for five years that the NSA was capturing metadata for virtually every domestic phone call of American citizens.
4. Obama was unaware that the NSA was capturing 200 million text messages every day.
5. Mr. Obama was unaware of the controversy brewing with regard to the IRS and conservative groups. Nobody informed him.
6. Mr. Obama was unaware of the disastrous ATF Fast & Furious gun-walking scheme that resulted in the deaths of two US border agents and hundreds of Mexican nationals.
7. Mr. Obama was unaware of the subpoenas for Fox News reporter James Rosen’s (and parent’s) phone records.
8. Mr. Obama was unaware of the subpoenas for Associated Press reporters.
9. Mr. Obama was unaware that any personnel who were on the ground in Libya on Sept. 11, 2012 were 1) being intimidated or 2) being kept from testifying.
10. Mr. Obama was unaware of any requests for enhancements to security in Benghazi.
11. Mr. Obama was unaware of the Patraeus affair. He did not learn of it until Election Day 2012.
12. Mr. Obama was unaware of billions of dollars of abuses and fraud in the Pigford Scandal.
13. Mr. Obama was unaware of the anti-American sermons given by his pastor, Rev. Wright.
14. Mr. Obama was unaware of the quid pro quo deal made by Jesse Jackson, Jr. for Mr. Obama’s former Illinois Senate seat.
15. Mr. Obama was unaware that his long time friend and campaign contributor, Tony Rezko, was involved in illegal schemes.
16. Mr. Obama was unaware of the VA scandal.
17. The next scandal…

PD Quig on May 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

patches on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

This is what happens when you set a fantasy goal without addressing the root cause.

Here the root cause is not enough docs/NPs/PAs (See post above).

Instead of increasing funding to hire more docs, etc. they decreed “we will have no wait times longer than 14 days.”

The poor schedulers just have computers, not magic wands so if they wanted to get the patients seen they had to cancel lots of patients, or keep a waiting list. Most busy doctors offices have waiting lists and they call when there is a last minute cancellation to see if someone can move up. The waiting lists are open, not secret. The low level VA staff was pressured to keep theirs secret because of this unfunded mandate.

If you want the VA patients seen faster, you need to increase staffing and that will cost money. Big money. I emailed my Senator (Toomey) to suggest they demand the Ocare failed website money back from the states and use it to hire docs/PA’s, NP’s and medics to staff the VA clinic. I got the we got your message response and will get back to you, but not the standard position paper, so maybe they are actually thinking about it.

talkingpoints on May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM

You are so racist. Why are you bringing this up?

Racist!

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

talkingpoints on May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Will you take the Blue Pill or the Red Pill?

Why not pay half price? Obama.

Fooker. He’s the CIC. Come on!

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM

The only explanation is that Obama spends most of his time literally in a coma. His aides give him massive electrical shocks to wake him up long enough to golf, vacation and read from his teleprompter how all his opponents are one or another kind of vile persons and then he goes back into a coma.

VorDaj on May 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Once again, Prez O’BoutMe (the smartest and most tech savvy president in history) discovers what is going on in his administration by a news report.

Deliberately Ignorant = Plausible Deniability

WestTexasBirdDog on May 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM

You are so racist. Why are you bringing this up?

Racist!

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I can’t help it. I’m a “typical white person” !!

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Jon Stewart on President Obama finding out through the news: http://youtu.be/eDfmUK833hc

ninnuh on May 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on May 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM

As fellow Contrarian Scientist myself I am gratified by your respose because science in ancient Greek means truth.

kenny on May 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Spellings incorrect above. Products of a misspent youth on London’s Kings Road

kenny on May 19, 2014 at 7:31 PM

When better morons are made, the Democrat Party will appoint them Press Secretary.

Another Drew on May 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM

As fellow Contrarian Scientist myself I am gratified by your response because science in ancient Greek means truth.

kenny on May 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Thank you, Kenny!

And thanks for the Greek lesson!

Ms. Contrarian Scientist on May 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I can’t help it. I’m a “typical white person” !!

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM

OK Grandma. Get all up there with your big bad self..

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

17. The next scandal…

PD Quig on May 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Don’t forget the Statue of Liberty fly-by, which Mr. Obama did not know his administration had allowed.

Still don’t know who was on that plane, and so early in the current Admin, it was when I realized the American People would suffer worse than I thought.

seesalrun2 on May 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I find this hard to believe. I am sure that somebody at the golf course told him. I do know that he was so mad that he went right out and played another round.

savage24 on May 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I’m not sure how he found out, but he’s pretty sure this was all caused by a YouTube Video.

hawkdriver on May 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM

It must really irritate the left to learn Obama watches Fox News.

HellCat on May 19, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I hope you know that not for anything would I have mentioned it to cause you pain, KWR.

God bless and be with you.

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Dude, come on… a vet hasn’t died of neglect in, like… days. Why can’t we talk about something else?

IndieDogg on May 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Everyone is clamoring for a prostate and GYN exam at the DMV.

Key West Reader on May 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I was extremely upset to find they didn’t hand out condoms at the DMV. I was clamoring for them, too.

Harbingeing on May 19, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Has there ever been a U.S. President who spends as much time as O’Bozo does watching TV?

Jaibones on May 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM

He’s probably been focused like a laser on the problem for years.

COgirl on May 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Havn’t been to a VA facility since the initial consultation following transfer to Fleet Reserve almost eleven years ago. Have no plans on changing that record. If any otherwise healthy vets aren’t motivated to exercise, eat well, and keep fit by other means, this sure scares me enough. I feel horrible for any of us who can’t avoid having to spend time in any of those places.

Whoever ends up rising from the (dung)heap as the Republican nominee in two years, I truly hope their communications teams puts together a comprehensive list of failed Obams promises like this one. One of the very few groups of people the federal government is really supposed to take care of is military veterans. But since we vote majority conservative, he couldn’t care less.

Freelancer on May 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Jon Stewart absolutely reamed Obama about a year ago for all his serial “didn’t know” and ‘just found out about it from the news when everyone else did’ incidents on multiple issues… he catches quite a few of them too:

Rational Db8 on May 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM

The MSM are just as much a joke as Obama. They’ve lied and covered for him from day one.

bluesdoc70 on May 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Another troll free thread.

Unless it’s on their gaydar, it doesn’t exist.

itsspideyman on May 20, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Wait… did he just say that, “Obama learned about it from watching TV.” ??? Seriously? The President watches the news… to manage the Administration??? They have the NSA, the CIA, the FBI, and Homeland… and they watch some investigative reporter on the NEWS???

RedManBlueState on May 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM

On top of things and lying their a sses off. The Obama Years is a channel you want to turn off but it just won’t go away.

On a related note, there aren’t any demons in hell can lie like Carney so they are reserving him a position as Head of Department of Lies at the Demon Academy in the Inferno.

They know an expert when they see one.

Sherman1864 on May 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM

hawkdriver on May 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM

They are searching for the director, with plans to “get him” at this very moment.

He will languish in prison for it.

dogsoldier on May 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Just a reminder: If you think the VA treats our servicemen well, you’ll love Obamacare!

This is how government-managed healthcare functions. And that’s why those in government seem so unconcerned. They DO NOT see the system as broken.

EdmundBurke247 on May 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Ya know, back in the day, “Carney” was the name of the guy at the county fair trying to entice you into the t!tty show tent.

Not much has changed.

BigAlSouth on May 20, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I’ve been in Medicine for 25 years. The VA has ALWAYS been like this and worse! OK now for facts not reported by the media: Even though the VA system is a poor healthcare system, due to Obamacare more Vets and familys are using the system than ever. 75% of male vets and statistically 100% of female vets coming home from over seas are applying for disabilty for PTSD so they can get $3500 a month tax free and never work again.Haven’t you noticed that every vet in the news, even the dummy in Mexico are “suffering” from it? Last, truth be told, what happened to those vets is in large their fault. Almost all of them had medicare-Medical assistance or access to it and were just too lazy to access the healtcare system or fill out the forms required. They could of had the best of care anywhere but were just too lazy.

Redglen on May 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

It makes sense. Soldiers and veterans are more likely to vote for this regime after they’re dead.

catsmeow on May 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM

The president has discovered again and again that the ‘news’ makes him angry as hell.

Wow! That means that the smartest man to ever cover an Oval Office chair and I have something in common. Welcome to my world bro.

WestTexasBirdDog on May 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM