Revealed: Thad Cochran’s campaign knew for weeks about blogger videotaping his wife, but didn’t tell cops

posted at 5:21 pm on May 19, 2014 by Allahpundit

The NRSC spent a chunk of the weekend pounding Chris McDaniel’s campaign because some people there knew three weeks ago about Cochran’s wife being secretly videotaped in a nursing home but said nothing until the story finally broke on Saturday. Read Ed’s post this morning for the details on that. There’s no evidence that McDaniel’s campaign was involved in the harassment — on the contrary, his campaign manager denounced it in a staff e-mail as soon as she heard of it — but after the news about it broke on Saturday, they claimed incorrectly that they’d never heard of the clip before. Cochran fans wanted to know: Why the cover-up? Why sit on information about Cochran’s wife being harassed and then pretend you knew nothing? You should have taken it to the police immediately and told the truth.

Good questions. And not just for McDaniel’s campaign.

Sen. Thad Cochran’s (R-Miss.) legal team apparently held onto information concerning a man’s taping of the senator’s bedridden wife for as many as two weeks before turning it over to the police.

Cochran’s campaign spokesman, Jordan Russell, told The Hill Monday that the campaign was made aware of a video allegedly taken by local political blogger Clayton Kelly of Cochran’s infirm wife on the day it was posted, April 26. He said the campaign conducted its own investigation of the video before alerting Cochran to it and deciding to bring it to an attorney…

“We were made aware of [the video] that morning because people were emailing us saying, ‘Did you see this?’” Russell told The Hill. “We conducted our own review for a few days and then went to Sen. Cochran about it, and that was when the decision was made to turn it over to the attorneys.”…

It’s unclear why Cochran’s attorney, Don Clark, held the information for two weeks before alerting police. Clark did not respond to a request for comment.

They investigated for a few days, got the green light from Cochran to go to their lawyers, and then the lawyers … sat on it. How come? Did they have a legal reason to do so or was this a matter of waiting until we were a bit closer to the June 3rd primary before pushing this to the media? If Team Cochran had gone to the cops at the start of May, the political mudslinging at McDaniel would have played out during the first half of the month, giving him time to recover. By waiting until late May, voter perceptions can be shaped with less time for repairs– even though, as noted above, there’s no evidence at all that McDaniel’s team was complicit in the videotaping.

Also, why would they have conducted their own investigation before telling Cochran what happened? He deserved to know ASAP, if only to make sure his wife had extra security around to keep creepers from peeping through her windows.

By the way, not one but two new polls from outside groups show McDaniel with a small lead over Cochran. The establishment/tea party Armageddon that everyone was hoping for in Kentucky is going to end up fizzling tomorrow night, but Mississippi might end up filling the gap.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cochran, you desperate old geezer.

Your move, MS!

22044 on May 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Ooops. Brad Dayspring, call your office.

reddevil on May 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

This story just keeps getting weirder and weirder. We couldn’t script this if we had Shakespeare on retainer.

nukemhill on May 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

So, if they knew for weeks then this has to dull some of the outrageously outrageous outrage on their behalf. Of course, this blogger was an idiot, no doubt, but if they knew about it this long and are only now complaining about it, it does cause one to ask why the delay?

Warner Todd Huston on May 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Poor woman. Being used as a political football.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I wonder if Rove will trash Cochran like he loves to trash tea party bad candidates? I think not.

BroncosRock on May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I can only base my assumption on my own experience but you pay a pretty penny for senior members being in these places to start with and the Alzheimer units are usually pretty locked up due the patients’ habits of wander off.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Mississippi mud makes poor TEA.

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM

So BOTH campaigns knew about this nasty bit of political sleaze and sat on the story for a few weeks?

Captain Kirock on May 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I forgot to state my assumption. They held the information and investigated hoping to find a connection with Sen. McDaniel’s campaign. I’m going to have really good thoughts about whether Sen. Cochran contacted the facility about its breach in security.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Poor woman. Being used as a political football.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Disgusting. The side of politics that makes one want to vomit.

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Poor woman. Being used as a political football.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Isn’t that the truth.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My Grandpa was in an Alzheimer unit and he was totally locked up tight. It would have been hard for a complete stranger to walk up to someone. I thinking this might have been a ploy by Cochran at the beginning. Someone in Cochran’s team might have paid this blogger to do this.

BroncosRock on May 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

My mom died with Alzheimers and was in a nursing home for eight years. Her room wasn’t secured, but, the whole entrance to the facility as locked.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Enough is enough. Cochran needs to go.

Pork-Chop on May 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM

It sounded like the McDaniel campaign complained about getting the offensive video taken down, even if it was based on fear that it had been internal. I don’t know if I would think of calling the police since I wouldn’t know for sure what charges could be brought.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM

nukemhill on May 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, I’m thinking this is more of a job for William Faulkner.

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I would like to see an actual timestamped timeline of the events unfolding.

Bmore on May 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Again, I can only go by my limited experience and we always had to check in at the desk before visiting my aunt and the Alzhiemer unit was locked down. I guess the point I am taking too long to make, was it easy for this nut to get into Mrs. Cochran? If so why? And did Sen. Cochran, while waiting to announce it, contact the facility?

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Watergate 2.0

davidk on May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I guess I don’t understand exactly what happened here. This creep apparently was videotaping a woman with dementia. Is that harassment or a violation of her privacy?

BTW, Cochran’s wife has a name- Rose Clayton Cochran. I’ve seen no report that actually uses her name instead of making her an object by referring to her as Thad Cochran’s wife.

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Who’s McDaniel? I’ve never heard of the guy

Raquel Pinkbullet on May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Madison Police arrested Clayton Thomas Kelly, 28, of Pearl on Friday night on a charge of exploitation of a vulnerable adult.

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

The thing that people don’t get about this race is that Thad Cochran has always been a front man for the House that Haley Built. To defeat Thad Cochran, you have to beat Haley Barbour. Barbour, in addition to being the former 2-term Governor, is also one of the most powerful lobbyists in Washington. He continues to have enormous sway throughout Mississippi. Barbour’s machine includes: the current governor Phil Bryant, former Senate Majority Leader and current super-lobbyist Trent Lott, every MS GOP congressman, most of the GOP caucus in the state legislature, and just about every major corporate business interest in the state of Mississippi.

That McDaniel has a lead, and just might do this thing, is incredible.

Robert_Paulson on May 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I’m going to wait until Adjoran, KingGold and Esoteric tell us the real poop from the party.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

It was the video that caused the attack. It sure seems like RINOS act like LIBERALS.

birdwatcher on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

…all this…because of a video?

KOOLAID2 on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I’m waiting for JoJo. (;

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Frankly, the most interesting part of the story to me is just how this creep got access. Did he have somebody on the inside helping him? Did he lie? Is the facility that lax on security for the patients?

If I were this nursing home I’d be lawyering up right about now. They either don’t screen their employees well, don’t have adequate physical protection of their patients, or have potentially vulnerable processes. They are looking at a slew of lawsuits no matter what the truth with the creepy blogger.

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Sure took the police a while to come up with the charges.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Sure took the police a while to come up with the charges.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

uh huh…..

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Thank you! But then, why is there all this talk about Kelly “harassing” Rose Clayton Cochran?

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I just left court today and dismissed a protective order against my new wife’s ex-husband. Not that I needed to, but because I thought it overall in the best interest. So Thad does not pursue it right away and call the lawyers, he is the perp here? Really? Using a bit of discretion makes him in the wrong? Man, the world is loaded with jackasses….

mouell on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Sigh. Pigpen would be embarrassed by all the dirt flying around this story.

Despicable.

rukiddingme on May 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Maybe we should revisit this bit of trumpeting…..

Hilariously, RedState (which is, embarrassingly, all-in for McDaniel) is now shrieking about how this was a “coordinated hit” on McDaniel. Um…no. Your preferred candidate just attracts bulgey-eyed sleazebag “activist” types who think it’s cool to kick down every single door of decency in pursuit of some half-arsed political goal, that’s all.

Esoteric on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM

So how decent is it for the Cochran campaign to sit on this for a couple of weeks to see how it plays out before actually going to the police? After all, you would think he would be more concerned about the exploitation of his wife than about how it plays out politically.

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 19, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I said this two days ago and my hunch was right on. This stinks!

What took them so long to make the arrest? The video could be easily traced back to this nut job. He should have been arrested a few days after the video was posted

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM

How did the video maker know where Cochran’s wife was? How was he able to gain access? There are unanswered questions here.

birdwatcher on May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I dunno…I only read the original breaking story. Just following along atm.

bazil9 on May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Apparently, none of you live in California where even the elderly with Alzheimer have rights. We are not allowed to lock them up, tie them down or use any other physical means of restraining them and I agree. Doing any of the above makes that individual extremely angry and combative. You don’t want that! The proven way to handle Alzheimer patients is with re-direction. If that person wants to get up and go to work that morning, you let them dress and as the morning progresses, you redirect their thoughts and action. “Beautiful morning for a walk, lets take a walk.” “It’s Saturday today, you promised to play cards with me.” Etc.

PrettyD_Vicious on May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Does all this crap have anything to do with how a senator will vote?

Please vote out the guy who said “what is this Tea Party thing”.

KMav on May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 19, 2014 at 5:54 PM

You would think.

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

birdwatcher on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

…all this…because of a video?

KOOLAID2 on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

And this time, the video isn’t just a convenient cover story.

Bitter Clinger on May 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Especially if Sen. Cochran loses.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

And thanks for bringing some balance to this story Allahpundit.

KMav on May 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Is there a third choice in this race? Does anyone know?

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM

mouell on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

That’s a perfectly lovely rationale if he hadn’t suggested that Sen. McDaniel was behind it.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Robert_Paulson on May 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Barbour always has resembled the stereotypical back room Boss Hawg.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

PrettyD_Vicious on May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Mom lived with us for a time. Every night whe would take the roll of toilet paper from a bathroom, and very carefully tear it into small intricately shaped pieces, and place them in neat piles. She also would incessantly rearrange the silverware drawers. It really is heartbreaking to watch them struggle to relive their younger days.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Thad Cochran would have sailed to an easy re-election without this primary. In a year where Republicans need a 6-seat gain to take control of the Senate, this is not the time for sleazeballs to post ugly videos of a Senator’s invalid wife. Mississippi primary voters need to wake up–if the McDaniel campaign was involved in this, and if McDaniel wins the primary, Democrats could jump on this and turn enough people off to McDaniel that a Democrat could win a Senate seat in normally deep-red Mississippi. DO WE WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE?

Steve Z on May 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Poor woman. Being used as a political football.

butch on May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Very sad but true..:(

Dire Straits on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I don’t have a dog in this particular fight, Cindy, apart from hating, with every fiber in my body, the kind of circles that spawn an “activist” like Clayton Kelly.

So what changes with this revelation? I already conceded that Cochran’s campaign didn’t handle itself gracefully, just as McDaniel’s campaign didn’t. Unfortunately for you and the rest of McDaniel’s supporters, Cochran still holds the moral high ground, having been wronged in the first place. Hence the blood-spitting conspiracy theorists on this thread out-and-out accusing the RNC of paying Kelly to videotape a nursing home patient.

You don’t rise to the top of Mississippi politics by being a moron. So Cochran’s people leveraged this to their advantage? That’s what they’re supposed to do – help their guy win. If the shoe were on the other foot, would you be urging McDaniel to be a Boy Scout about it? Hell no you wouldn’t – and it’s a complete lie to assert otherwise.

KingGold on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

The story is playing out exactly as I surmised. I knew there was a shady angle to it.

The Cochran Campaign is despicable. What political animal would use anything, including the health of his/her spouse, as leverage in a campaign?

This story could have been dealt with weeks ago without the need to tie the McDaniel Campaign to it but oh no! The Barbour/Rove/NRSC machine had to utilize it to destroy McDaniel and re-elect Cochran.

I sure pray the MS GOP will see through this and retire Cochran so he can spend more time with his wife. I doubt he will, though. He is likely to remain in DC as a lobbyist.

TheRightMan on May 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Sigh. Pigpen would be embarrassed by all the dirt flying around this story.

Despicable.

rukiddingme on May 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

+ 100..I agree..:)

Dire Straits on May 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Cochran is a scumbag and needs to go down.

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 6:18 PM

mouell on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Yeah, that was my take as well. Who knows why they sat on it, but that doesn’t change how incredibly creepy it was to film her in the first place.

changer1701 on May 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Whup…all this time I thought McDaniel was a demorat.

And now Cochran looks like a sleaze too.

I hate all these greasy pols.

Time to start over with a clean sweep.

Bishop on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Fox News Special Report just did a hit piece on Cochran. They showed the photo of Cochran with Kelly and then rap a clip from Larry Sabato that this is a ‘disaster’ for McDaniel. This of course is why Cochran waited to press charges. He wanted the establishment media to cover it on the prime time Monday news.

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Sorry, I meant hit piece on McDaniel.

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Just sent $ donation to McDaniel

LilyBart on May 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Laura Ingraham endorsed McDaniel

LilyBart on May 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Is there any indication the Cochran family might have been trying to find out whom or what was motivating the videotaping perv?

Such as ACORN, Teacher’s Union, Trial Lawyer’s Association or other DNC sleazeballs seeking dirt?

It is creepy though the thought of allowing it to continue.

viking01 on May 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM

This is why you got to make total war against these rinos. They are dirt bags. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the photographer was part of a false flag scheme cooked up by Cochran and his establishment handlers.

It is understandable why the McDaniel group wouldn’t seek to draw attention to it. That would publicize it and then they would be blamed for drawing attention to it to publicize it. And they’d be tarred by it because they made sure to send the guy to have his picture taken standing next to McDaniel. That was an important element.

Buddahpundit on May 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM

mouell on May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM

If I find out my invalid wife is being exploited by some troll with a camera, my first response is to go out after the nursing home that allowed the exploitation. It could well be they knew about the creep for weeks without knowing that he was videotaping.

Happy Nomad on May 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

That kind of hit piece on McDaniel (Saw your correction) is being run no doubt with coordination from Brad Dayspring at the NRSC. Look close for his little back room army out there beating the bushes so this story gets legs. They are the first to play the victim card when guys like Erick Erickson fight back.

reddevil on May 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM

MS wants their bennies just as much as everyone else. Cochran will win in a squeaker.

spmat on May 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Buddahpundit on May 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM

THIS ^^^^^

reddevil on May 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM

KingGold on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I don’t have a dog in this fight either. While I will admit to being slightly anti-incumbent, just on principle, I’m a big supporter of the will of the people. Let’s see, what changes? the fact that his lawyer didn’t contact the police for a couple of weeks. There may be a perfectly logical explanation, but that same logic would apply to Sen. McDaniel, who isn’t related to the victim plus, we don’t really know how much McDaniel, himself, knew. No one is suggesting that Sen Cochran is a moron, just not as mindful of who his job is suppose to benefit. And the fact that you think it is okay, with zero proof, that they “leveraged this for their advantage” is interesting given you sanctimonious tone about Boy Scouts.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

You can always count on Sabato to give a boost to the establishment.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Aren’t both camps equally culpable, if both camps knew, and did nothing?

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Show me that Sen. McDaniel had anything to do with this and I will denounce him vigorously.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:57 PM

You can always count on Sabato to give a boost to the establishment.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM

And Fox (of who’s editing Brit Hume is still the king).

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM

And in more last minute dirty tricks.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Maybe everyone should send them a little email.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I don’t think McDaniel had anything to do with this ugly episode due to the fact that this is NOT the way the Tea Party people operate.

birdwatcher on May 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Term limits…I’ve grown to embrace them, because of the Cochrans/McCains/McConnells and all who get stale and incontinent in there.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM

If I understand the supposed ran from McDaniel’s campaign manager, she wanted her people to do what they could to take it down. Now maybe it was because she was afraid someone within the campaign was responsible. We don’t really know who got it take off the web. Both campaigns drug their feet on contacting the police and I can think of logical explanations. Sorry that I can’t come up with a logical reason for Sen. Cochran to link Sen. McDaniel other than politics.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM

The only way you will get term limits is to get the people to vote for someone else.

U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995),[1] was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that states cannot impose qualifications for prospective members of the U.S. Congress stricter than those specified in the Constitution. The decision invalidated the Congressional term limit provisions of 23 states. The parties to the case were U.S. Term Limits, a non-profit advocacy group, and the politician Ray Thornton, among others.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Sorry, I meant hit piece on McDaniel.

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM

The only difference between FNC and the rest of the MSM is that FNC shills for RINOs while the rest of the MSM shills for the Dems.

bw222 on May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Yes, Cindy, one can at least wish :(

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Cochran was keeping this under wraps until he could find a way to use it to sling some mud on his opponent. Guess we now know for sure what a sleaze he is.

Kissmygrits on May 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

bw222 on May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Owned in great part by Saudis.

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Why would Cochran ever show on legal papers that his primary residence is in DC..?

d1carter on May 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM

We have seen Boss Hawg and his minions at their worst this time…their internal polling must be scary.

d1carter on May 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

The Alzheimer’s homes, or wings, are very secure so people can’t get out, but not so people can’t get in. Typically they use one way doors so you get in easily but you can only get out of with a code.

In general the seniors’ homes, or care centers or whatever you call them that I have had experience with have had very poor security.

slickwillie2001 on May 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

bw222 on May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Yes, and the WSJ is the print version. They give Rove a forum to write whenever he wants and Strassel is always attacking conservative/TEA Party politicians.

Wigglesworth on May 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM

slickwillie2001 on May 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

My experience is limited and while I don’t want to compare it to Ft. Knox, I’d like to know how this guy got in.

Cindy Munford on May 19, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Because, Dear AP, the socialist GOP Elite MUST preserve power. Can’t have those nasty TEA Party upstarts bring sanity back to a party who has lost it’s way, now can we.

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Let’s test that assertion:

Setup: Blogger who hates Cochran and wants McDaniel to win sneaks into the nursing home where Cochran’s wife is, and takes a video of her.

Both campaigns seem to find out about the same time.

McDaniel campaign knows there is a video, but knows they had nothing to do with it. Doesn’t tell anybody.

Cochran campaign knows there is a video of Cochran’s wife but doesn’t ask the police to investigate for two weeks.

Of the two campaigns, which one do you really think should have had the motivation to inform the police?

Bear in mind, the woman taped is Cochran’s wife. But his campaign sits on it, and does not try to press charges for two weeks.

Given that, which campaign’s silence seems more suspicious? Did the McDainel campaign even have enough evidence to report the video to the police? Could the McDaniel campaign have even asked for a police investigation?

KingGold on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Which campaign’s silence is more suspicious?

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM

The real issue here us that Thad is 77 years old. TERM LIMITS!!!

fight like a girl on May 19, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Which campaign’s silence is more suspicious?

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM

That one’s easy, TGTN: Cochran’s is. Imagine putting one’s political ambitions ahead of justice for one’s incapacitated spouse.

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 7:47 PM

That McDaniel has a lead, and just might do this thing, is incredible.

Robert_Paulson on May 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Bears repeating! It would be incredible if Haley’s team lost!

kakypat on May 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Both sides come across as disgusting, using a sick woman as an election ploy. Although, I can’t see how filming her advances a political career. Either way, the Dems will love this story come the November election.

Which video story will garner the most msm attention:

1. Video taping a sick woman to score political points
2. The video that did not lead to the murder of a US Ambassador
3. Miley Cyrus twerks again

Ibanez Lotus on May 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Ooops. Brad Dayspring, call your office.

reddevil on May 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Dayspring’s twitter career is a pattern of finding a juicy story ( e.g. Bevin’s tarp letter, Wolf’s x-rays, this one)

pushing it, going rabid, doubling down, backpeddaling like crazy and then tripling down on the accusation. He is currently in the latter phase.

such as this: https://twitter.com/BDayspring/status/468579850920660994

MWC_RS on May 19, 2014 at 10:41 PM

KingGold on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

The blogger dude thinks Glenn Beck is a CIA operative.
He’s a big fan of infowars.

I wouldn’t read too much into him. He’s a sick nutjob.

I doubt either campaign told him to do anything.

MWC_RS on May 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM

What if McDaniel’s campaign had nothing to do with it, and is being unfairly painted with dirty deeds they did not instigate or condone? What is Cochran’s campaign is seeking to capitalize on this to take out a primary opponent?

DO WE WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE?

Steve Z on May 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I don’t know what happened here. So far, I doubt if many people do…

cs89 on May 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Wow, a politician who is also a dirtbag! Who’d a thunk it?

earlgrey on May 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

What exactly was this video or videos supposed to accomplish?

120pages on May 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM

KingGold on May 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Yes, I would urge him to be a Boy Scout about it. Any insinuation to the contrary is slander.

GWB on May 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM