Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on May 19, 2014 by Allahpundit

So it turns out that President Obama—that whip-smart guy who is so super-curious about everything (unlike that quitter-snowbilly former Gov. Sarah Palin amirite?)—apparently had no idea that his administration was letting veterans croak while on waiting lists for care at Veterans Affairs (V.A.) facilities. At the very least, his people knew about the waiting-list problems, including inaccurate reporting on treatment times, back in 2008.

You remember the Fast and Furious gun-walking snafu? He read about that in the papers. Same thing with NSA surveillance. And it took him a few days to realize that the Obamacare website was tripping balls but he finally started to get news reports about it after a few days. And needless to say, he didn’t have any idea that the IRS—his IRS—was targeting Tea Party groups until he read about in the papers…

If Barack Obama wants to play Chauncey Gardiner and basically act as if he has frickin’ idea of what’s going around in his White House, that’s fine by me.

But will his erstwhile defenders at least admit that either he is a know-it-all who is full of B.S. when he pleads ignorance or that he just has no clue about what’s taking place in this City on a Hill already? It’s not flattering to him whichever way you want to go. But at least it’ll be consistent.

***

As controversy swirls around the Veterans Administration over deaths caused by delayed care, an investigation by the Dayton Daily News found that the VA settled many cases that appear to be related to delays in treatment.

A database of paid claims by the VA since 2001 includes 167 in which the words “delay in treatment” is used in the description. The VA paid out a total of $36.4 million to settle those claims, either voluntarily or as part of a court action.

The VA has admitted that 23 people have died because of delayed care, and is facing accusations that hospital administrators are gaming the system to conceal wait times, including using a “secret list” at the VA in Phoenix…

The number of dead veterans could total more than 1,100 from 2001 through the first half of 2013 — including 16 at the Dayton VA Medical Center and 11 at the Cincinnati VA — according to records obtained via Freedom of Information Act.

***

Here’s what Carney said at the White House briefing: “The American Legion said that the group looks at Petzel’s resignation as a, quote, step towards addressing the leadership problem at the VA. So I think that undercuts the assertion that that is not a meaningful development.”

Carney went on to cite the American Legion nine times during the briefing.

In fact, the American Legion put out a statement on Friday about Dr. Petzel’s resignation saying almost exactly the opposite of what Carney suggested.

“This move by VA is not a corrective action, but a continuation of business as usual,” American Legion National Commander Daniel M. Dellinger said in a statement. “Dr. Petzel was already scheduled to retire this year, so his resignation now really won’t make that much of a difference.”

***

Like all single-payer health systems around the world, the VA controls costs by imposing a “global budget” — a limit to how much it can spend on care. Thus year-to-year funding varies according to the whims of Congress, not according to what consumers want or are willing to spend.

With tens of thousands of wounded soldiers returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the demand for care is rising dramatically. Enrollment in VA services has increased by 13% from 2007 to 2012. Despite a 76% increase in expenditures ($24 billion) over that period, the program still suffers from chronic budget problems. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office estimates that it would require as much as a 75% increase in inflation-adjusted funding for the VA to treat all veterans.

When resources can’t meet demand in a given year, the VA does what other single-payer systems do: It rations

As the federal government takes over more and more of the healthcare system, there should be a lesson for us. Simply promising more healthcare does not mean delivering more healthcare. And government healthcare systems have a very poor record of delivering what they promise.

***

There’s a lot to be mad about at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Michael Tanner of the Cato Institute notes that more than 344,000 claims for veterans’ care are backed up and waiting to be processed. It takes an average of 160 days for a veteran to be approved for health benefits, and the VA itself estimates that is has an error rate of at least 9 percent in processing claims. According to VA figures for 2012, as reported by the Washington Post, “a veteran who takes an appeal through all available administrative steps faces an average wait of 1,598 days.” That’s more than four years of waiting…

But, if the experience of other countries is any guide, a single-payer health-care plan or even government-managed care brings all kinds of waiting lists with it. In 2012, it was discovered that more than 7,000 patients in just a few Scottish hospitals had been wrongly removed from waiting lists for surgery in order to pretend to meet government targets for treatment. One trick was offering to perform surgery on a date when hospital officials knew a patient would be away on holiday, then dropping the patient from the wait list for “refusing” the date…

No one is suggesting that such scandals are widespread in the general health-care system. But they should serve as a warning sign of what could happen as the pressure to ration, inherent in all government-managed health care, is applied to the general population.

***

Republicans are on firm ideological ground when they argue that the ACA is a step toward VA-style government-administered health care. They need only cite Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) who has said in the past that the ACA is a “step in the right direction” toward a health care delivery system that did away with insurance, a la single payer. Obama, too, has implied that the ACA should be viewed as part of an incremental adoption of the single payer system of which he is “a proponent.”…

Republicans will be accused of politicizing the outrageous claims about the VA’s treatment of vets. Good. Not only should Republicans make the VA’s problems a campaign issue, they should ignore the disingenuous scolds who will emerge from the woodwork to chide Republicans for daring to criticize the intolerable conditions America’s vets face.

Political pressure is the only way major reforms are adopted in Washington and bureaucracies shrink. The VA’s scandalous and endemic problems are worthy of politicization

When Reagan finally convinced Congress to elevate the position the VA secretary to the Cabinet in 1988, it came as something of a consolation prize. Reagan had tried, unsuccessfully, to force a Democrat-dominated Congress to privatize much of the care that Vets were receiving. Several decades later, and with the career-killing specter of the ACA hanging over many Democrats’ heads, Reagan may finally convince his political opponents to moderate their hostility toward his vision for the VA.

***

***

Via RCP.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I’ll be around sometime during the week. ;-)

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I’ll look for you. Take care!

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM and Newtie

I tend to be drawn back to singers/songwriters and musicians that did it all. Not the ones manufactured by record companies and computerized beats.

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I’ve been trying to stay up with what’s going in their system. Would you do me a favor and save me a few links you find? Sophie, too, if she will.

I gotta’ go. I’m behind on my schoolwork this week.

Y’all have a good night.

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Can’t type. Zeus, my black persian, is rolling all over the keyboard…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

And a page 2…you know..

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Golly. His sit-down time in the widdle boy’s room must be SO boring…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I’m sure he finds something to play with.

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

God Damn, I love that quote. Total Smash mouth!

ToddPA on May 19, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hey, I got ya covered on that… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Yeah I’ll find some articles, lineholder. They are not hard to find–the Daily Mail has plenty, almost daily…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Can’t type. Zeus, my black persian, is rolling all over the keyboard…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

He is still getting used to having ya’ll back home. Is he purring?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Former NHS Director Dies After Operation Is Cancelled Four Times At Her Own Hospital

Resist We Much on May 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM

See that’s why our CongCritters and file-pushers exempted themselves from jiziahCAIR. They knew .

burrata on May 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

He missed you, he really missed you ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

This guy does it all.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Best live acoustic guitar solo performance in history?

Lindsey Buckingham “Big Love”

This was the opener to the Fleetwood Mac reunion concert special.

He is truly an underrated guitarist.

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Love my HA conservative babes, have I ever mentioned that?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Nite LH. Here’s hoping you get caught up right quick.

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

He is still getting used to having ya’ll back home. Is he purring?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Cats are suspicious of printed books/newspapers and computers. They can’t read (or so we think) and suspect they are full of anti-cat propaganda.

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Chauncey gardiner was a nice, decent man with an IQ in the high 80s who was skilled as a gardener. Barky is an evil, vindictive, incompetent, uncoordinated POS America-hater with no skills or talents, whatsoever, save destroying everything of value that he sees or touches.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Zeus purrs, it sounds like a Harley idling….

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I saw nonpartisan over on the little league thread. Guess that ends the rumors he was banned. Anyone see frank around lately?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Everyone had “Tapestry” back in the day–one of my favourite cuts was “I Feel the Earth Move

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

aaah a fan from Traffic days :)

How about Eric Clapton?

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Go, Go, California Chrome!

Roy Orbison – California Blue

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Zeus purrs, it sounds like a Harley idling….

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Heh…
I love that sound…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Disappointing. I was just starting to believe. And just as stupid as day one.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Or they want attention ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 10:58 PM

ROFL. What lineholder says it that the men folk around HA have proven to be more of a distraction than I counted on. I really need to be focusing on school more than I have been.

And that I’m not doing late nights this week. I have to study!!!!

Have fun, Newtie!

lineholder on May 19, 2014 at 11:06 PM

….Ahhhhh! – I THOUGHT So!!

…It’s MEN!!

…Those Nasty, Dirty, Filthy, Self-Centered, Lazy, One-Track-Mind, Obsessive MEN!!

….Troublesome MEN!!…….Who Needs Them?!!

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

The One is a destructive Utopian, or as they are sometimes called in Chicago a “broken-windows populist”.

It’s the opposite of the broken windows theory of targeted law enforcement. (Stop people from committing vandalism, and it discourages them from attempting more serious crimes.) It’s the theory of “broken windows make more business for glaziers, and in the end we all get rich”. It was most glowingly described here.

It’s one of the most cynical justifications for pure evil that mankind has ever conceived. And most people who use it are perfectly well aware that it is just that.

They like evil. It makes them feel big, powerful, and important. Because nobody can tell them “no”, and they can do whatever they want, to whoever they want, whenever they want.

And anybody who objects… gets their windows broken. At the very least. (Assuming that “somebody” doesn’t just burn their damn house down- with them in it.)

The One likes breaking windows as an overture to taking a wrecking ball to…everything. To him, our civilization is evil, and must be destroyed so a new, glorious, mystical one can replace it. He’s extremely good at making it sound appealing, like Robert Preston in The Music Man.

The difference is, this “Professor Harold Hill” doesn’t just intend to run off with the band money. He wants to burn down the town and build a monument to himself on the ruins.

It’s the same snake oil that “progressives” have been selling for centuries. “We’re the Only Smart People. Give us Total Power, and we will create Paradise on Earth.”

They fail to mention that their paradise is for them only.

The trouble is, they keep selling it, and others keep buying it.

And there are never enough cherries to go around.

(PS- I don’t even like cherry anything.)

clear ether

eon

eon on May 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

*smooooch!*

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Zeus purrs, it sounds like a Harley idling….

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Heh…
I love that sound…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

It’s the whole reason why we love them. It’s the happiest sound in Creation. And to have a small version of a tiger contentedly making the sound because he or she loves you and is happy is the icing on the cake.

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Love my HA conservative babes, have I ever mentioned that?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Um…no…never ever ever never… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Like Janis Said – It Ain’t Me, Babe!……

…..Does “Dear Leader” know this song?

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

This guy does it all.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

One of the best songs! Great album.

Here’s one of my all-time favorites. YMMV :)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

So nonpartisan is still around. There were some nasty characters I had never seen on the atheist thread earlier.
Why are atheist so angry and bitter towards people of faith?
I think I know…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Maybe Katie Couric can ask Obysmal which newspapers he reads.

My guess it’s My Weekly Reader.

onlineanalyst on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

CoffeeLover on May 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

All of these guys could do it all.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

This is the state that all Obamavoters live in:

Daryl Hall “Dreamtime” 1986

ConstantineXI on May 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Here is the greatest album of all time.

BTW, Hi Newtie.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

O.K. Newtie, (and Cosmo) here’s one for you, and anyone
else who remembers this one.

The images are so 70′s it hurts.

Good night.

ToddPA on May 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

*smoooooch!*

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

He missed you, he really missed you ;-) Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 Pm

<—– Sally Fields, insert restraining order here.

wolly4321 on May 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Ooops I forgot the link.

I also forgot what my greatest album of all time was.

BTW, Hi CL.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Why are atheist so angry and bitter towards people of faith?
I think I know…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I try to stay out of the atheist threads. The always draw the nastiest and vilest people…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

ToddPA on May 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Deep in the archives, Todd. Niters and sleep well!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I forgot to add on my original post that Chauncey Gardiner beats Barky by, at least, 5 or 6 IQ points.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Why are atheist so angry and bitter towards people of faith?
I think I know…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Not Quite What the Doctor Ordered

The Doc Holiday can features a rifle and a man on the front (who I can only assume is both Doc Holliday and the owner of the gun) and claims to be loaded with “double barrels of flavor”. Doc Holiday was bought here, though it’s apparently no longer available. So after waiting a month for my shipment to arrive as if I were waiting for a decoder ring, I was terribly disappointed. Instead of the double barrels of flavor that I was hoping for, all I got was a punch in the mouth. Weak flavor and very little kick. Averaging the poor taste with the strong historical deference, Doc Holiday earns a two Dr Pepper can rating. This drink should not be confused with Doc Holiday, which also looks quite tasty.

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Yep, they do. Very unhappy people.

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

It ain’t me!

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Yes, I knew that :)

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Golly. His sit-down time in the widdle boy’s room must be SO boring…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I’m sure he finds something to play with.

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM
…it probably just involves….one finger!

KOOLAID2 on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Ooops I forgot the link.

I also forgot what my greatest album of all time was.

BTW, Hi CL.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Maybe you meant this?!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Love my HA conservative babes, have I ever mentioned that?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Um…no…never ever ever never… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

…..That Makes Two Of Us!!….LOVE ‘EM!!

Women – ya’ can’t Live With ‘Em, and ya’ Gotta Have ‘Em!……..

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

The theme for Obamaland has to be “Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me”

jayhawkingeorgia on May 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Resist We Much on May 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM

One of my favorites. From the stories, it appeared that none of the surgeons wanted to operate, so they kept trying to pass the buck and hoped someone else would do it, and no one did.

talkingpoints on May 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Perhaps. I will need regressive hypnosis to dredge it out of my bwain.

progressive hypnosis produces Obama voters and bed wetting.

SparkPlug on May 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I’ll take the cocktail, please. You can keep the soda…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I’ll take the cocktail, please. You can keep the soda…

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

lol =)

I am a big fan of Dr. Peppers. And root beers, too.

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

\m/ YES!! \m/

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:01 PM

And while we’re at it, let’s add this one!

“Waterboarding is how we Baptize Terrorists”

God Damn, I love that quote. Total Smash mouth!

ToddPA on May 19, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Check out Palin’s facebook. She has a few things to say about demrats not wanting Killery’s brain medical information being delved into.

Hey Newtie!!!

31giddyup on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Haven’t heard that before. Different, but nice. I like the keyboards.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM

31giddyup on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I’ve been saving a sly wink for you. ;-)

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I already wrote down Wednesday after the election as a day off.

No matter what happens, I’ll need it.

wolly4321 on May 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Golly. His sit-down time in the widdle boy’s room must be SO boring…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

His daughters say that he sings there. (Is he doing a line or two?) (What’s the song? “How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?”

Related subject: Did anyone of you see tha WH photo of Obysmal sitting on the counter in a local DC hamburger joint? He was carrying on for the adulation-filled staff.

onlineanalyst on May 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

My oldest brother loves Dr. Pepper, I never understood why. I think it is nasty, and so was Mr. Pibb. Is Pibb still around?

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Yes, I knew that :)

Schadenfreude on May 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Just sayin’. Sometimes you gotta be clear around here. Where are B9 and Jackie? I didn’t give them the night off. Did you?

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

31giddyup on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Evenin’, Giddyup!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Haven’t heard that before. Different, but nice. I like the keyboards.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM

You never heard Eno? Ooooh, have I got some songs for you :)

Here’s one from his first album where he predicted Barky’s reign … way back in ’73. It’s Fripp on the guitar:

Baby’s on Fire

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Elvis – Polk Salad Annie

kcewa on May 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

onlineanalyst on May 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

His daughters also said Daddy was stinky in the morning.

I’ll check out that picture if’n I need to lose a few pounds >:-P

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Clapton…nuff said.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

31giddyup on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I’ve been saving a sly wink for you. ;-)

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

You may want to use this as a dedication.

Whitney Houston – Saving All My Love For You live on David Letterman

KCB, did you ever get your computer issue resolved?

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

*smoooooch!*

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

*blushes* *scuff ground with shoe* *looks at ground*

…..awwww……ha-ha…….awwww……shucks….

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

onlineanalyst on May 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I didn’t really need a visual of 0bama taking a shit since he is so full of it…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Let’s see…Dr Pepper (so misunderstood) > root beer. Yes. I’ll trade a root beer for a DP or a Pibb!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM

The thread about atheism and the president had some interesting other tidbits. it is absolutely stunning to me that someone would favor a candidate if they were male or female, black or white or hispanic. What the hell has that got to do with their philosophy and plan of governance? It’s like voting for someone ’cause you like their socks!

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer

tanked59 on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I wuvs the Cowardly Lion… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I’ve been saving a sly wink for you. ;-)

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Teehee. I’ve got a wicked smile for you…Jackie taught me how.

31giddyup on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Clapton with Dire Straits

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Stripes and argyles RULE!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Mr. Pibb became Pibb Xtra a few years back. I haven’t tried it. Yet.

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Well, Doc, it’s complicated. :-)

tommy71 on May 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

What the hell has that got to do with their philosophy and plan of governance? It’s like voting for someone ’cause you like their socks creases!

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

“FIFY” — David Brooks

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

You spinmeisters/spinmistresses are knocking it outta the park! Great job!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

non-nonpartisan on May 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

…..I had a friend that LOVED Dr. Pepper…..then I figured out why: At the time, it was one of the most caffeinated drinks on the market…….

….he liked that and Marlboro Lights……

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Stripes and argyles RULE!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Ok…o__0

*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Agreed. It is just ridiculous.
When I was 23 I had a T&A, and some friends tried to insist I go with a Jewish ENT surgeon because they do a better job. I went with the Christian doc who was first recommended to me…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Oh my! I love wicked women. My weakness I must confess. As long as they aren’t really wicked…

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the David Brooks quote. WHAT AN IDIOT.

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:46 PM

For all the lovely ladies, the late, great Barry White….

tanked59 on May 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Interesting. I thought Mountain Dew was the most caffeinated…

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Agreed. It is just ridiculous.

OmahaConservative on May 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I know good surgeons of all religions, and none. I also know some butchers of all religions and none.

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Baby’s on Fire

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Gave it a shot. Not my cup of tea, but hey. Gotta try new things. I still appreciate the share.

KCB on May 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Here’s a classic:

La Grange

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

….he liked that and Marlboro Lights……

williamg on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

There was an actual Dr. Pepper here around the turn of the last century.

crankyoldlady on May 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

i have a list of medical conditions I don’t want to ever have.
Saw one of them today…
Scrotal Abscess.
No thanks. Add to list “THINGS I DON’T WANT”

Doc Holliday on May 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Happy 70th Birthday to Joe Cocker!!

Joe Cocker – Dont let the sun go down on me