Video: The day the cats fought back

posted at 1:51 pm on May 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. It hath been prophesied that, after eons of oppression, a chosen one would emerge to lead the great cat uprising against the canine hordes. She shall be called “Tara,” and she shall kick the ass of some punk dog who made the mistake of trying to take a chunk out of her human guardian. The world shall see it, and it will know. This is how it begins.

Either that, or this is the opening scene to some dog version of “The Birds.”

Ace nudged you yesterday and I’m nudging you now. Admit it: Cats are better than dogs. No one will question your masculinity for saying so. The truth shall set you free.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

What’s the guess that some people have to work and don’t have time to read every post prior to posting?

New, arncha?

avagreen on May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM

\

They won’t have to question your masculinity. By making the above statement, you would be admitting to having none.

Theophile on May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM

OMG,…I’m stunned,..and brought to tears!!

Awesome!!!!!

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Theophile on May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Anyone who has ever really had cats, treated them with respect, and bonded with them (cats don’t give you their love an loyalty blindly like dogs do, for one think they’ve been domesticated for less than 10,000 years) KNOWS that cats are vastly superior to dogs.

Dogs were the companions of hunter-gatherers. Cats made civilization POSSIBLE by killing things that tended to go after stored food…

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

What’s the guess on the number of posters who don’t bother to read any prior post before commenting?

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Yoop: Long time no see,..hey,..hows the weather!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

OMG,…I’m stunned,..and brought to tears!!

Awesome!!!!!

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM

That cat sure shot out of nowhere like a cat out of hell!

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Congratulations on finding a good cat

Ursus on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

avagreen on May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Or, maybe not.

avagreen on May 14, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Cats are better than dogs.

And forget this “not masculine” bullcrap. What’s so masculine about preferring a pet that drools and needs you to take it outside to poop? None of that needy stuff from a cat.

Gingotts on May 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I’d ay pretty high.

Lots of people want to talk without listening.

cozmo on May 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I read every comment. Sometimes before I comment sometimes after. What do I win?

Bmore on May 14, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Cats are better than dogs.

Gingotts on May 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

In fact your cat will ATTEMPT TO CLEAN YOU if you aren’t up to their cleanliness standards ;)

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Give that cat a medal and a lifetime of tuna – and that dog a bullet to the head

Norwegian on May 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM

That cat sure shot out of nowhere like a cat out of hell!

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

ConstantineXI:

I have a Lab,..and three cats.

Yes, its as if the cat was on watch tower scoping out the little boys territory, awaiting for any possible harm to said little boy!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I have a few questions as well about the story.
It looks like a stray dog. Did they ever find out if that mongrel had an owner and is it real footage?

BoxHead1 on May 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Gingotts on May 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Maybe I can borrow your cat next time I am on a hunt. You know, so your cat can finally earn its keep.

Bmore on May 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

A nice meal of salmon for kitty is due.

jake49 on May 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM

It cleans itself.

It marinates you.

cozmo on May 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM

What a hilarious thread !!!!
Ribs hurt, here.
:-).

pambi on May 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Since this is a political blogsite after all, the following observations may or may not be valid…

Chris Matthews is convinced racism played a part in the dog’s behavior,

Harry Reid is convinced the fault for the dog’s behavior lies with the Koch bros,

John McCain thinks global warming likely had something to do with it, but nothing that sending out Seal Team Six can’t fix,

Michelle did another hashtag photo-op: #screwthepooch

Her husband, while waiting for a staffer to find his balls, lost in the bush, when asked, said, “dog? cat?, what dog and cat?”

Skip2014 on May 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Duke University is doing some great work regarding canine intelligence.

Dogs win, hands down.

Sherman1864 on May 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I can’t take credit for it… it’s something that I received in an email over 5 years ago, and liked enough to save. I just did a search and a quick copy-paste to a comment here.

It is a brilliant piece, but I don’t know who wrote it originally.

ITguy on May 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Thank you for bringing it to us. I’m still drying the tears from laughing so hard.
ps: I’m stealing it.

ncinca on May 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

dmacleo on May 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Maine Coons come from a whole different planet…

…probably wandered away from a UFO.

CPT. Charles on May 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM

If you watch the video the cat while airborne took a couple of swipes at the dogs snout just before body slamming the dog.

Had that cat been a Maine Coon it would have been riding on the dogs back tearing it up…the dog would have been bleeding for sure!

Liberty or Death on May 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM

…and… since this occurred in Calif,

Diane Feinstein and Babba Boxer will co-author a bill calling for an assault dog ban…

Skip2014 on May 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Yoop: Long time no see,..hey,..hows the weather!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Seventy-three winters. That one was one for the record books. Still have a snow bank on the north side of the garage.

Trying to get over your way this summer and watch the boats lock up one more time. Lots of ice around on the big lake yet.

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM

No, cats are not better than dogs.

However, ANY cat is better than THAT dog.

flyovermark on May 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I have a few questions as well about the story.

BoxHead1 on May 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM

It is/was a neighbor’s dog. That was covered in numerous posts (here), supplied links, and news articles.

Yes, it is REAL footage. Has been covered in numerous posts (here), and in articles and news reports, and on THE FIVE, on Fox News, an hour and a half ago. The home has numerous cameras mounted outside and the video is a splice from those cameras.

The child’s wounds, which are shown on the video, are also real, as are his stitches.

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Skip2014 on May 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

You speciesist! Any one can see from that video the assault cat was much more dangerous and more in need of a ban.

cozmo on May 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM

We have an Abyssinian that will go after dogs. One of my neighbors said his dog developed a nervous habit of turning his head to the side every time he walked by some bushes where the cat often waited to attack. The cat will not run away when he sees a dog coming, but will stand his ground, arch his back and prepare to attack. I have often seen dog owners cross the street to avoid him, and our own two large dogs treat him with deference and respect. If the cat hears a strange noise at night he will go on alert and start growling like a dog. He is also very friendly with people, even rough toddlers. My daughter grabbed his tail and bit it a few times when she was a baby, and he never scratched her or even ran away from her.

Our previous Abyssinian was my husband’s cat for a few years before I met him, and he loved my husband like a dog. He would howl at the door every evening waiting for my husband to come home, and he would only sit with me if my husband was away on a business trip. When he died I knew we had to get another Abyssinian because my husband missed him so much. I always thought it was crazy to pay for a purebred cat, and we have 3 other mutt cats that are great as well, but if you really want a cat that is a lot like a dog then get an Abyssinian.

MassConservative on May 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM

BoxHead1 on May 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I’m just messing around :) (see your earlier post).

BoxHead1 on May 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Bmore on May 14, 2014 at 6:10 PM

But you rarely, if ever, question validity without checking.

You win an empty tuna can and some used kitty litter. ;-)

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

BoxHead1 on May 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Caught me… Hope it’s catch-and-release.

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM

That’s bs man.

We need ……federal registration of all cats and have them de-clawed, and have….

CAT FREE ZONES

What is a Cat Fee Zone?

A where feral dogs roam free and bite us with impunity.

Good cat, and sue the bejesus out of the dog owner.

NOTE: Statistically overall, dogs are still way better than cats but this video rocks. Thanks for posting it.

KirknBurker on May 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Lolz! I already have both of those. ; )

Bmore on May 14, 2014 at 7:04 PM

What is a Cat Fee Zone?

A where feral dogs roam free and bite us with impunity.

KirknBurker on May 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM

You just described Detroit.
Jus sayin.

pambi on May 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Yoop. My problem child Bobby would have finished the job.

Bmore on May 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Boom! And guess what? Cat gonna survive, too.

Fallon on May 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I have both and I love both. They are not the same pets. Dogs will be by your side as long as you treat them with some sort of respect… always ready to show you love and lick your face.

Cats on the other hand, you have to earn it.

watertown on May 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM

And, right now, my Springer is trying to go through the front window to get a rabbit. Can you send that cat over here to shut him up?

Fallon on May 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I like to add that cats can be as good of guarding as a dog, if not more vicious. Proof of this was when someone broke into our house when I was growing up, we had a golden retriever and a russian blue kitty. That cat was a dang monster, for cat lovers I say get one for they can be played with lol… anyways, they both got along, mainly because the cat was a tom and had no problems letting the dog know when to go away. They would actually play together.

So this dude broke in, grabbed some stuff, the dog and cat I guess just sat there watching, until he tried to climb back out of the window. That is when the dog clamped onto his leg and backside, and Slim ( kitty ) went nuts and tore up his arms and clawed his back pretty good.

The guy tried to sue of course, the judge laughed at him and tossed him in jail for 6 months…

watertown on May 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Great video — thanks, AP.

I’ve always like cats over dogs, as in the more independent over the dependent …

ShainS on May 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Watertown, I came home one day and the side door was open. As soon as I came in, my cat ran out to the door screeching and howling and looking outside, so I knew someone came in. Nothing was missing, so I figure he and his cat noise scared them away!!

PattyJ on May 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

So . . .

Kid on bike gets bit by dog and pulled to the ground. Cat chases off dog. Woman (mother?) runs to kid. Woman then takes off without the kid, leaving the wounded kid to fend for himself. Wounded kid then frees himself from his entanglement with bike.

WTF??????

Why did she take off? Did she look under the car and see the dog still hanging around, which scared her? Or did she suddenly decide to go for help/call 911? Either way, why didn’t she take the kid with her?

Headline should be: “Cat braver & more responsible than mother”

Splashman on May 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Splashman…

Watch the video again….

After the first attack both the mother and the cat moved in a different direction then the kid who started moving to the house (safety).

Also if you pause the video around :53 seconds that is not a little kids leg in the video that is an adults leg.

I expect both the mom and the CAT noticed the dog was moving towards the front of the car and she ordered the kid into the house and she took a defensive stand and got bit as well.

The cat and mom were both on the kid quick, for them to suddenly “abandon him” and he starts moving in an opposite direction….I am not buying that.

Mom told him to run to safety and mom placed herself between the dog and her son and the cat backed up Mom is my opinion.

That being said that cat needs fresh tuna everyday…

F15Mech on May 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM

kpguru on May 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I use the litter they sell at Aldi’s… the only smell of urine I have to put up with are the ‘calling cards’ left by the neighborhood toms (I have an unneutered female that I keep indoors, period…).

That brand of litter, plus regular cleaning, adds up to ZERO indoor odor.

CPT. Charles on May 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM

ITguy on May 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

As far as I know, the first time I ever heard that was via Rush’s show, several years back.

Is he the author…? Can’t say yea or nay to that; but, I don’t doubt that he got the ball rolling.

CPT. Charles on May 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Awesome video..I’ve grown up with cats and been around them all my live..I’m no doubt a cat person

Had a horrible incident with 2 dogs from neighbors who got in the yard..had kittens around outside from a stray cat that stays around the house..heard a noise outside on a saturday morning and went outside..saw 2 big pitbulls outside going after something in the corner of the house..they were going after one of the kittens =( I didn’t have anything to hit them at the time then they got a hold of the kitten and one of them had him in his jaws and killed him…savage animals..savage owners..I’ll never forget that day..that image still horrific in my mind…I think they got rid of the dogs
don’t hear them barking anymore

sadsushi on May 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM

ConstantineXI on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

My current cat was an abandoned kitten who wandered up to me while I was working outside the house… you could say she adopted me.

For the first month, she would insist on sleeping on chest (I later realized that my heart-beat had become the substitute for her mothers… that’s why young kittens always pile onto the mom when sleep/nap). After that, my cat had decided that her rightful place was cuddling on my chest, even when I was trying to write stuff on my laptop.

Half the time she throws a fit whenever I have to leave the house, and demands at least 10 mins of snuggles when I finally get back.

Yeah… she’s daddy’s girl.

P.S. — She also has a peculiar fascination for plastic shopping bags, licking and inspecting the insides of every one she can get her paws on.

CPT. Charles on May 14, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Cats are brave –

rickv404 on May 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

CPT. Charles on May 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Spayed cats(males are neutered) are healthier and happier.
In 2011, we added a stray kitten to our brood-she’s almost 3 now-and she got fixed within days of her joining the family.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 14, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Aside from watching my own cats occasionally clean each other, this is the first time in my life I’ve ever seen a cat do something selfless for another being.

My theory is the cat was plotting to attack the girl too and was just angry that the dog got there first.

hamiltmc on May 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM

It is a brilliant piece, but I don’t know who wrote it originally.

ITguy on May 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I think that’s zefrank’s bit.

TexasDan on May 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I think that’s zefrank’s bit.

TexasDan on May 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Yep. Here: http://ashow.zefrank.com/episodes/123

TexasDan on May 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

…and… since this occurred in Calif,

Diane Feinstein and Babba Boxer will co-author a bill calling for an assault dog cat ban…

Skip2014 on May 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Fixed it for you.

David Blue on May 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Awesome!

easyt65 on May 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Dog needs to be put down.

Sherman1864 on May 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Cats sh*t and piss in a box in your house, bury it, and then walk around on your furniture.

Advantage: dogs

Good Lt on May 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Dogs eat their own shit and then lick you in the face.

Check.

rottenrobbie on May 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM

What’s up with that dog? That attack was completely unprovoked. I see a followup lawsuit.

disa on May 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM