Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on May 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

Karl Rove stunned a conference when he suggested Hillary Clinton may have brain damage

A spokesperson for Clinton added, “Karl Rove has deceived the country for years, but there are no words for this level of lying.”

As for her health, “She is 100 percent. Period.”

***

I notice how overstated the reaction is — “no words for this level of lying”? What part is the lie? Was Rove wrong about the number of days in the hospital? (I think he was.) Clearly, she came out wearing some special glasses. Was Rove wrong in his characterization of the glasses? (Maybe not.) Certainly, it’s fair to state that the public (and the prospective donors) need accurate facts about a presidential candidate’s health. That is always demanded, and we’ve been misled by candidates in the past. (I’m thinking of Paul Tsongas.)

The overreaction makes me suspicious that there really is a problem. I don’t like this how-dare-you-even-ask attitude. It makes me skeptical. But I do understand the alternative explanation: Stir up the base with stimulating outrage and a reminder that one ought to hate Karl Rove.

***

Hillary Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill took fresh aim at Karl Rove on Tuesday after the GOP strategist doubled down on his earlier questions about Clinton’s health — saying Rove is cynically trying to “inject the issue into the echo chamber.”…

“From the moment this happened 17 months ago, the Right has politicized her health,” the Clinton spokesman said in an email to POLITICO. “First, they accused her of faking it, now they’ve resorted to the other extreme – and are flat out lying. Even this morning, Karl Rove is still all over the map and is continuing to get the facts wrong. But he doesn’t care, because all he wants to do is inject the issue into the echo chamber, and he’s succeeding.”

Merrill added: “It’s flagrant and thinly veiled. They are scared of what she has achieved and what she has to offer. What he’s doing is its own form of sickness. But she is 100%, period. Time for them to move on to their next desperate attack.”

***

“There’s no reason for me to suspect that Secretary Clinton has a health problem that would disqualify her. She seems to be very engaged and very capable,” [Lindsey] Graham told reporters. “I think that people at 69 are incredibly able to serve, ‘cause I’ll be there in 10 years.”

Graham said Clinton will go through a vetting process similar to the “drill” that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) underwent during his 2008 presidential run, and said that Clinton will have to prove that “whatever medical condition she had, bumped her head, that that’s OK.”…

“I’m not a doctor, as far as I can tell based on the way she engages she’s very alert and very feisty and keeps a busy schedule so I have no reason to believe that there’s anything in her background that will disqualify her,” Graham said.

***

Hillary Clinton has been accused of being involved in a murder plot, lying to a grand jury, and orchestrating her daughter’s pregnancy for political gain, so being accused of concealing a brain trauma is probably not shocking. Going after the front-runner early is also now a best practice. The Obama team brags about how attacking Mitt Romney long before he was the official nominee was a key to its success. Raising issues about health and age is also standard operating procedure in campaigns; in modern history, it has been a chiefly Democratic technique, used against Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole, and John McCain. Dick Cheney also enjoyed speculation about whether his heart condition had made him go nuts.

Clinton’s health has come up in lots of conversations I’ve had with Republican political strategists and even some potential presidential candidates, but the topic dribbles away because Clinton’s doctors cleared her of neurological damage and said she didn’t have a stroke. It is a legitimate issue, but it’s awfully early. Rove knows better than most that the press will raise the question once the campaign begins in earnest. Now that the age issue is out in the open, though, perhaps some conspiracies can flower. The questions about her health might grow so baroque that they blossom into the spectacular nuttiness of the Obama birth certificate claims. Or, these daily questions about Clinton could achieve a collective weight on her candidacy. So many issues, so much drama, it’s always something with her.

On the other hand, Rove’s counterdiagnosis to the official one could also make it look like the GOP is totally unhinged about Hillary Clinton, so fevered in its desire to drag her down that it will engage in medical speculation. (In addition to Clinton staying in the hospital for only four days and not 30, Rove appears to have been wrong about the glasses. Clinton’s glasses appear to have been her normal ones.) Baseless allegations could create sympathy for Clinton, rally her supporters, and put each incremental GOP claim, regardless of its merits, into the category of wolf crying.

***

“So, Karl Rove there, basically calling for Hillary’s health records,” MSNBC host Krystal Ball opined on Tuesday. “Is that going to be the 2016 equivalent of calling for Obama’s birth certificate?”

Huffington Post editorial director Howard Fineman agreed and noted that Clinton’s health records could be one of a handful of “personal details that she’s not going to want to talk about.”

“The whole Republican strategy is to make this all so distasteful to Hillary that she’s going to look at it and say, ‘I don’t want to run, it’s too dirty, it’s too nasty.’” Fineman conjectured. “I think that’s vaguely sexist because I don’t think you would say that about any man that you are going to scare him out of the race because he is not tough enough.”

***

When Dick Cheney, at age 54, was Bush’s running mate, he had suffered three heart attacks—including on the year of the election — and had open heart surgery and a pacemaker installed. President Obama has written that, in his youth, he used marijuana and “maybe a little blow.” Mitt Romney had 16 grandchildren when he ran for President in 2012 and two more were born during the campaign. Ronald Reagan was 69 when he was inaugurated President.

These were all by-and-large non-issues when these men ran for office—certainly fodder for the opposition, but barely taken seriously and certainly not used to wage larger critiques on these candidates’ character and qualifications. These were people who, whatever one thought of them, were obviously qualified for the offices they sought. A few behavioral or circumstantial dings weren’t going to change that fact.

Not so for the (maybe, possible) woman candidate who not only suffers the same slings and arrows aimed at her character but is constantly deflecting those attacks from impugning her fundamental ability to lead. If she chooses to run, Hillary Clinton faces a built-in uphill battle in a society that wonders if a woman is inherently equipped to be president—sentiments given voice and legs by conservative commentators…

Which brings me back to Mr. Rove. In December 2012, Hillary Clinton spent four days in the hospital—not 30. Mr. Rove should very simply and immediately apologize for this error and set the record straight. Moreover, experts made clear that the glasses Clinton wore after the accident were meant to treat double vision as a result of the accident and were not indicative of brain damage. Unless Mr. Rove has suddenly added ophthalmology to his resume of manipulating voters and freaking out on election night, he might want to apologize for this mistake as well.

***

I now welcome the requisite venomous outrage from lefties who can’t believe I’m daring to question the physical and mental health of a woman who will be 69 years old on January 20, 2017. You can all pretend you never questioned John McCain’s health back in 2008, when he was 72.

That was different, though, because shut up.

Whatever the case may be, here’s wishing Hillary Clinton the best of health. And if she decides to start being transparent about it, even better.

Just remember: Asking questions of American royalty is racist. I mean sexist.

***

Why does Rove allegedly smear his opponents this way? Because it works. Consider the Clinton “brain damage” story. Right now, the press is slamming Rove for his vicious, outlandish comments. But they’re also talking about Clinton’s health problems as secretary of state, disrupting the story she wants to tell about her time in Foggy Bottom in her forthcoming memoir.

Assuming she runs for president, the press will investigate Clinton’s medical history and age no matter what Rove says. But he’s now planted questions—about the December 2012 blood clot that forced her into the hospital, and about her mental condition as she ages—that will lurk in journalists’ minds as they do that reporting. If she has a moment of Rick Perry-like forgetfulness sometime between now and the fall of 2016, Rove’s comments make it more likely that voters will wonder whether she’s still with it mentally.

Political consultants create narratives about the candidates they want to defeat: Al Gore fudged the truth; John Kerry was an elitist; Barack Obama wasn’t fully American; Mitt Romney didn’t care about ordinary people. Once you kindle public suspicion about your opponent, it’s easy to keep throwing logs on the fire. On the eve of the memoir that will launch Hillary’s pre-campaign public relations blitz, Karl Rove is starting that process now, despite having no evidence for the storyline he wants to convey.

For better—but mostly for worse—campaign 2016 is already here.

***

***

“I think it is the worst kind of Republican consultant behavior to get into this kind of personal, you know, negative attack,” he said of Rove.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Go ahead and nurture, mother earth…

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Last out for me, too. Want to wish me Happy Birthday before I go?
music for the road

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

oing2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM

One better…I cooked and baked along side her since I was 5. There were some recipes, but most is by taste and smell. It’s a good way to learn.

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Good night Hot Air!

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Bah… Saw you do it last night several times, ya big old galoot…

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Heh…

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Birthday? When?

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Bah… Saw you do it last night several times, ya big old galoot…

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Oh, and don’t blame me. I voted for Tom McClintock…

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Mother in law problems. I am sorry. Can’t you just ignore her. Ignoring your mother in law is a survival skills that needs to be learned within the first couple years of marriage. Are you a newly wed?

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM

You misunderstand… I love my MIL with all my heart. She is in the hospital dying. She has been taken off life support, but she simply will not die. The doctors said she would die within hours of being taken off the ventilator and feeding tube, but we are on day six with no food or water, and this tough old broad simply will not die… my wife is out of her mind, and it is all I can do to keep from going to the hospital and smothering her with a pillow. It really would have been easier if she had been killed in a traffic accident…

Do not screw with little old ladies from Mississippi… they are tougher than you know…

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:24 AM

PaperGuy can kill an 18 pack in an afternoon on the right occasion lol

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I brought it up as a possibility. Then we were joking about all the OMG things we could possibly see. Lol

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM

It’s an acquired skill/occupational hazard for professional musicians.

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Steve Vai – The Audience Is Listening

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Today.

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM

point click dude

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Really! Well I am sorry point and click. I don’t know if he has a sense of humor, I would ask him to girl talk. Lol. Girl talk is good no matter your sex. I think.

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Good night Hot Air!
KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Nighty night!

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:36 AM

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM

you might just hear or see things you wished you hadn’t..
stiff upper lip and all that lot…

my Grams said things that stunned me…
and some of the visuals…unspeakable..
laugh… as much as you can… and steady on the case..!!

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:36 AM

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

It took my mother three weeks to die under those same circumstances. Prayers are ascending for all of you…

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 2:37 AM

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

We’ll keep you all in hearts and prayers. It isn’t letting them go, I know.

Get some rest if you can.

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Psshhht! 13

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:38 AM

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

I hope you stayed for a moment. I broke out a special one.

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

It’s an acquired skill/occupational hazard for professional musicians.
oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Yep… practically a prerequisite. He’s all excited. He got a 1948 Hammond organ with a Leslie rotating speaker.

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

My condolences, I was afraid that this is what you were referring to, but it didn’t seem right to ask. Yes, that would indeed be that hardest thing in the world to do. When brain cancer finally took my little brother, it was kind of the same thing, except that their was no ventilator to turn off. I sat with him for three days before he finally slipped away.

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

PointnClick on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Sorry to hear that. It is not her time yet. Don’t feel bad. My mother when she was dying asked to be put on the floor. She said it my time to go and she went.

Yeah she is tough. But don’t feel bad for being frustrated, it is normal. But it is not her time.

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Keeping the sense of humor is definitely not the hard part with her that’s just how she is as a person. it’s always positive and wonderful

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM

Anthrax – Metal Thrashing Mad

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Thank you. Very much. Done and Done.
Talk to you later?

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

I’m very sorry pointnclick, my MIL lasted two days and it was hard even then

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:43 AM

“What bucking drain famage? I’m ferpectly pit to be your lucking feeder.”

MaiDee on May 14, 2014 at 2:43 AM

It’s an acquired skill/occupational hazard for professional musicians.
oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Ha… I had one of those once, though not so old. Mine was from the 60′s. Lot of fun for a while, then lugging that damned speaker cabinet around gets old, cause it’s damned heavy.

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:43 AM

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Good night Darlin! Catch you tomorrow!

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:44 AM

PointnClick on May 14

my Heart goes out to you, and Prayers also.. and your family..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Goodnight

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM

lineholder on May 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

And Happy Birthday!

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM

always positive and wonderful

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM

my Grams was that way too..
I cared for her for 4 1/2 years and could have done ten.. easy..
my Moms on the other hand… not so much..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:48 AM

I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Blue Oyster Cult – This Ain’t the Summer of Love

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Really! Well I am sorry point and click. I don’t know if he has a sense of humor, I would ask him to girl talk. Lol. Girl talk is good no matter your sex. I think feel.

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Lord,
I ache. I am jealous of those who do not grieve. I don’t understand how wicked men prosper while I suffer loss. Calm my spirit Heavenly Father. Teach me patience. Raise me from this pit of despair. Give me hope. Amen.

Pointclick I hope you don’t mind. I found this prayer and I felt it was appropriate.

coolrepublica on May 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM

Heart

KCB on May 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:43 AM

I’m thinking that’s what will happen. Right now he’s looking for his “next one”. I’ll let him keep his delusions for now.

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 2:48 AM

That was my great-grandmother. If you were not blood related it was bad news for you. It took till she got dementia for her to be nice to my grandma, her daughter-in-law

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:57 AM

I must have missed something somewhere. What has this skank ever achieved?

Aside from just being another obnoxious, ignorant progressive, I can’t think of a thing.

Well, murder several times over, but that’s not really an achievement in my book.

Diluculo on May 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:57 AM

do you have lil ones??
got them watching and taking notes??
someday your lil ones will be caring for you….
I’m willing to bet ..you’ll be a handful.. laffs.. jk

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 2:43 AM

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM

After I quit performing publicly, but before running my guitar through my computer became possible I got seriously tired of lugging a big heavy a$$ amp around, so I got one of these. Smaller and lighter does not have to mean wimpier…

oscarwilde on May 14, 2014 at 3:03 AM

I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker
PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Blue Oyster Cult – This Ain’t the Summer of Love

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Poison

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Poison

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Ramones – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker =)

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:07 AM

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM

He stayed with me for the weekend. And yes he watches it all and we had a couple big chats about it. May best girlfriend and I have a plan and let the kids set us up in a condo somewhere so we can raise hell

And cabana boys who don’t mind pinches. =)

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Poison
PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Ramones – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker =)
non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Okay this is getting fun!

Blondie one way or another

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

hey anyone hear what happened to Casey Kasem??

did his wife really kidnap him? ..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

G’night all. I am going to bed after getting very satisfying results from my election…

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

OmahaConservative on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Good night dear sir…. And pleasant dreams of tonight’s victory

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

hey anyone hear what happened to Casey Kasem??
did his wife really kidnap him? ..
going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

From what I read the kids saw him last week, and then the wife moved into an Indian reservation in Washington. So technically according to the conservatorship it’s kidnapping because nobody knows where he is. Or something from a worthy like that. Very sad… Hurts my heart as a stepmom. I could never do that to our kids

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM

sleep well OC… cheers

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Okay this is getting fun!

Blondie one way or another

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Talking Heads – Life During Wartime

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:18 AM

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM

I saw the daughter on Fox tonight..
she said something I found odd..
she said ” when I went over to visit my dad”..
and it sounded like it had been a while..
if she didn’t like or trust the stepmother..
she should have never left her father..
but I still need to learn more facts on the deal..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:22 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Miss Sheena… Sugar Walls

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:23 AM

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:22 AM

The daughter had said previously there are no fights or conflicts, they just never saw each other. And then supposedly the stepmom wasn’t letting them see him. It’s very convoluted, and the lawyers have now taken over.

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Casey Kasem was a cool guy on the radio..
would always give the top ten of this or that..
in an almost Paul Harvey rest of the story, style delivery..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Miss Sheena… Sugar Walls

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:23 AM

ABBA – Why Did It Have To Be Me

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM

“Russia Calls for Ban of US Military Launches Using Russian Rocket Engines”

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:31 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 14

evening…
you should hear me between posts…
laffs.. proves he is real

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM

thatsafactjack on May 14, 2014 at 3:37 AM

evening ms J..
mind if I don’t click on that one…
he should have been shot… months ago..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:40 AM

In unprecedented move Pentagon trying to transfer Manning to civilian prison for treatment for his ‘gender disorder’

thatsafactjack on May 14, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Geez, what is there to say? lol

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:40 AM

thatsafactjack on May 14, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Pathetic. Why is he getting this special treatment? Taxpayers should not be paying for that kind of stuff. So he’s uncomfortable as a man. Tough!! Prison isn’t supposed to be a place where every comfort is provided.

People guilty of treason should be given the death penalty.

bluegill on May 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM

evening…
you should hear me between posts…
laffs.. proves he is real

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hey g2m. He was a pro. =)

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Ok. Piña Colada

And In that note…night all. I have the school run tomorrow!

NNP…we shall continue later, yes?

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Good evening, going2mars. :)

I don’t mind at all. I just thought everyone should be aware that tax dollars are going to make ‘Chelsea’ a dream come true for Bradley Manning. Undoubtedly, he’ll be transferred to a women’s prison at some point and his attorneys will sue on the grounds that ‘Chelsea’ didn’t commit any crime, it was unhappy and unbalanced Bradley who committed the crimes.

thatsafactjack on May 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM

somewhere pvt Slovik is wondering WTF…

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM

People guilty of treason should be given the death penalty.

bluegill on May 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM

What is Obama’s budget? When does the GOP leadership oppose his irresponsible spending? We’ve become a joke.

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Goodnight, you guys.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on May 14, 2014 at 3:49 AM

thanks for poppin in ms J.. sleep well and be safe…cheers

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Ok. Piña Colada

And In that note…night all. I have the school run tomorrow!

Sleep well

NNP…we shall continue later, yes?

PaperGirl on May 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Any Way You Want It =)

Television – See No Evil

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 3:55 AM

PaperGirl on May 14

sleep well.. and be safe..cheers..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 3:57 AM

the stones..

going2mars on May 14, 2014 at 4:21 AM

It’s great that a RINO, Graham comes to Hillary’s aid. Need I say more.

nobama1267 on May 14, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Rain this morning. Rain this evening. Nothing more to be said.

I think the Casey Kasem thing is a dispute between the wife and the kids. it’s usually about control of the money. Apparently she’s been moving him around. You see this a lot with elderly people with money.

crankyoldlady on May 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Good morning

Defending Hillary and bashing Rove this am on morning joe part 2

They have their talking points

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Its not sexist to ask these days questions
-nyt talking head

Color me shocked

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Its not sexist to ask these days questions
-nyt talking head

Color me shocked

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Jedediah Bila slams media’s coddling of Hillary Clinton

“Same media folks who butchered Sarah Palin now treating Hillary like a toddler in need of protection. Got hypocrisy?” -Jedediah Bila tweet

non-nonpartisan on May 14, 2014 at 6:16 AM

I hear ya nnp…. that’s what make me shocked that this guy actually said what he did

It is the goal to shield her from all the ??? The left ask the gop candidates before

Hypocrites big time indeed

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Where is Frank?

celtic warrior on May 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Where is Frank?

celtic warrior on May 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I know he was working directly with Salem to get me banned. I wonder how that’s working out for him.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Hmmm, That comment went though. So … I know I’m not banned.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM

That comment went though. So … I know I’m not banned.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM

That a morning ritual with you? Log on and check if you’ve been banned or not? ;0

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Hypocrites big time indeed

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM

It is clear the Dems want to get a birth canal elected in 2016. They’ve chosen Killary’s. The next two years will be all about keeping the press favorable and attacking anybody who would suggest that she really isn’t all that great a candidate and certainly not the best Secretary of States (as our rat-eared wonder called her).

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Morning all. Morning COL… here’s hoping you can find some sunshine in your day.

fresh air on May 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Good Morning, Patriots! And, Trolls.

Obama has released 36,000 illegal aliens, who have committed 88,000 crimes in OUR country, sacrificing our safety for Political Expediency. – KJ

My take: Obama releases 36,000 Criminals (Who Just Happen to Be Illegal Aliens)

kingsjester on May 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Yepper HN

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Just an act if love KJ don’cha know

Great take…
Read it folks

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM

When dealing with a powerful and mighty Senior Statesman and founding member of the Hot Air Justice League one cannot be too careful.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Jeez, what did you do? Get all h8tin? racist? homophobic? I forget all the other thought crimes… Inquiring minds and all…

fresh air on May 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

cmsinaz on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

Nothing to see here…move along…

kingsjester on May 14, 2014 at 7:10 AM

KJ,

Your commentary put me in mind of this story from August 2010:

The Virginia man suspected in a drunken-driving crash that killed a Catholic nun in Prince William County this weekend is an illegal immigrant and repeat offender who was awaiting deportation and whom federal immigration authorities had released pending further proceedings, police said Monday.

Carlos Montano, a county resident, has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and drunken driving. Mr. Montano had been arrested two other times on drunken-driving charges, and on at least one of those occasions county police reported him to federal authorities.

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

fresh air on May 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

According to the senior Hot Air Statesman and founding member of the Hot Air Justice League, I didn’t tell enough people on a thread they were being disrespectful. And then I said his kids were Eagle Scouts.

I’ve already punished myself for those infractions. Wretched behavior that is was.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM

The stats in your blog this morning are a real eye-opener KJ. I feel about as helpless on this issue as a voter can be though. Both parties are fighting to pass amnesty. The file closer they send here to corral us are trying to get our minds right so they done lose the base over this. The freaking Chamber of Commerce now …

I get the feeling we’re going to win big in November and still lose.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I get the feeling we’re going to win big in November and still lose.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Everybody is being represented except hard-working, honest American citizens.

crankyoldlady on May 14, 2014 at 7:32 AM

And then I said his kids were Eagle Scouts.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Well the BSA is a homophobic organization. /

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Everybody is being represented except hard-working, honest American citizens.

crankyoldlady on May 14, 2014 at 7:32 AM

You call them hard-working honest American citizens. The administration sees them as bill payers for the 50% of the country that are parasites who do nothing for society except breed the next generation of Democrat voters.

That’s why I can’t get too excited about the idea of amnesty for the illegals. No matter how hard they work, they still have no business being here.

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2014 at 7:35 AM

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Yep. I think, if Congress does not pass it,Scooter may issue an Executive Order implementing Amnesty.

kingsjester on May 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM

That’s right COL. The feeling of being taken for granted now is immense.

hawkdriver on May 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM