Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 9, 2014 by Allahpundit

***

Facts are neither Republican nor Democrat. While our fellow citizens are free to draw varying conclusions and inferences from the facts, surely there can be consensus that every relevant fact must be uncovered.

There are still witnesses whose testimony has not been heard. Just last week, we learned the administration has withheld relevant documents from Congress, despite a subpoena request. Some produced documents are so heavily redacted as to be meaningless. The select committee should strive to uncover every relevant witness, document or other piece of evidence so our fellow citizens can know the facts and the full truth.

“May justice be done, though the heavens fall.” That adage governed my time as a prosecutor in state and federal court, and it would serve us well as we uncover the truth about Benghazi.

***

The hottest competition in Washington this week is among House Republicans vying for a seat on the Benghazi kangaroo court, also known as the Select House Committee to Inflate a Tragedy Into a Scandal. Half the House has asked to “serve” on the committee, which is understandable since it’s the perfect opportunity to avoid any real work while waving frantically to right-wing voters stomping their feet in the grandstand.

They won’t pass a serious jobs bill, or raise the minimum wage, or reform immigration, but House Republicans think they can earn their pay for the rest of the year by exposing nonexistent malfeasance on the part of the Obama administration. On Thursday, they voted to create a committee to spend “such sums as may be necessary” to conduct an investigation of the 2012 attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The day before, they voted to hold in contempt Lois Lerner, the former Internal Revenue Service official whom they would love to blame for the administration’s crackdown on conservative groups, if only they could prove there was a crackdown, which they can’t, because there wasn’t.

Both actions stem from the same impulse: a need to rouse the most fervent anti-Obama wing of the party and keep it angry enough to deliver its donations and votes to Republicans in the November elections. For a while it seemed as if the Affordable Care Act would perform that role, but Republicans ran into a problem when the country began to realize that it was not destroying American civilization but in fact helping millions of people.

***

Clyburn doesn’t have a problem with GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, though. “I know Gowdy very well,” he told the Washington Examiner. “I’m against the thing, so, it ain’t got nothing to do with Gowdy. I’m against doing it, I don’t care who is chairing it, I’m against it. So, Gowdy’s got nothing to do with my position.”

“An evil tree can’t bear good fruit,” Clyburn concluded.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., who serves with Gowdy on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said that he likes Gowdy but expressed a little more uncertainty about whether he would run a fair process.

“I don’t know,” Cummings said outside the House chamber. “I like Gowdy, I like him a lot. And, I’ve only seen him in a prosecutorial role, so I don’t know.”

***

While virtually all Democrats are united in opposing the formation of the committee, which will investigate the deaths of four Americans including ambassador Chris Stevens, rank-and-file Democrats argued during a closed-door meeting Wednesday leadership’s inclination to boycott the committee would be a mistake

“I think it would be very valuable for people to see us fighting, particularly a fight I know we can win. The other side on this is clearly acting politically and they do not have a leg to stand on and I say that as someone who has spent hearing after hearing on Benghazi,” Rep. Jim Himes, a member of the House Intelligence committee, told BuzzFeed. “I think if we had a talented team of thoughtful, articulate members, we could draw a huge contrast between a nakedly political, fact-less other side,” added Himes, who is one of several members who has raised the issue during recent meetings with leadership…

“You know, I tend to side with [Maryland Rep.] Elijah Cummings, who said you’d make something illegitimate seem fair, but at the same time he knows that if we leave our people in there unprotected they will be bludgeoned,” Cleaver said. “I probably lean a little more toward being in the room.”

***

Pelosi wants Democrats to have a say in subpoenas, access to documents and depositions. Boehner’s staff says they have made fair concessions, and will include Democrats in the process. But Republicans are not going to give Democrats veto power over who they call to testify…

It’s unclear how Democrats will proceed. Pelosi has weighed completely boycotting the committee, appointing a handful of Democrats or tapping lawmakers to fill the five seats that she is allotted. She first spoke to Boehner on the floor, then met with her leadership team and followed that up by sending a letter to Boehner Friday afternoon saying she wants to work with him to change the committee’s procedures…

Some senior Democrats — like Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.)— have made the case behind closed doors that their boycott would highlight what they consider GOP overreach. Others, like Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), argue the party needs to be present to fight back…

In a Democratic leadership meeting Friday morning, lawmakers were divided on whether they should participate. For example, Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) suggested Democrats participate, while Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) advocated a boycott.

***

There is no way on earth the Democrats should lend this committee the least bit of legitimacy. They absolutely must boycott this absurd, insane, sickening, repulsive, shameful, and at the same time shame-less circus.

Benghazi is and has been for some time a witch hunt that perverts all notions of democratic accountability and that obviously carries one purpose and one purpose only—the humiliation or worse of as many Democrats as possible, preferably the big cheeses (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton). Ever since Watergate, the Republicans have wanted one of their own, one in which they’re the good guys, forcing a Democratic president to resign in disgrace. They tried it with Bill Clinton, but he just kept getting more and more popular as more and more Americans came to see the Republicans’ coup d’etat, their attempt to criminalize errant but perfectly legal behavior, for what it was—an affair…

Gowdy’s antics on Issa’s committee are legendary among Democratic Hill staffers. He’s as big a blowhard as sits on that committee. Read Simon Malloy’s Salon piece from Tuesday, which just destroys Gowdy and also ought to worry any sane American. He developed the habit during these recent hearings of posting his cross-examinations on YouTube. During an IRS “scandal” hearing in which he rebuked Lois Lerner, he even added some heroic background music. He also suggested to Greta Van Susteren that the Obama administration was withholding evidence from Congress, and when she asked him if we’d see it, said: “Yeah. Well, you know, I can’t prove to what I don’t know. I don’t know whether the documents have been destroyed.”

And that is this sleazy rabbit hole in its most perfect summation.

***

The Benghazi select committee, nascent as it is, is already disappointing those members of the political class who predicted it would become a Republican self-inflicted wound. Far from uniting Democrats around the notion that the White House is being subjected to a witch-hunt, the decision to convene a select committee appears to be tearing the Democrats in Congress apart.

“I admit, Benghazi is to progressives what climate change is to conservatives: No matter how much the right wing shrieks about it, and purports to have new evidence of wrongdoing, we don’t believe it,” wrote Salon editor Joan Walsh this week displaying a unique degree of candor and self-awareness. “The difference is, progressives are right.”…

“Pelosi’s allies appear split,” Politico’s Sherman and Lauren French reported on Friday. “Connecticut Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) sent a letter to colleagues Thursday evening suggesting that just one Democrat should sit on the panel. Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), a veteran of congressional investigations, signaled he wants multiple members of his party on the committee.”

In response to the lack of unity, Pelosi marshaled all the sarcasm she could ooze at a Friday morning meeting with the members of her caucus. “Thanks a lot for giving me leverage over the last couple of days,” she scolded.

***

If the rest of the administration had followed the military’s example, the Benghazi controversy would likely be over by now…

First, there was the attempt to blame the attack on outrage over an anti-Muslim Internet video — a claim that was quickly discounted by everyone who has investigated the matter…

Then the administration failed to make available a single witness who was actually on the ground in Benghazi the night of the attack.

And recently, of course, Republican complaints that the administration has withheld documents were dramatically confirmed by revelations of emails the administration failed to produce to Congress.

The administration’s stance long ago exhausted whatever patience existed among Hill Republicans. Members are “really tired of getting jerked around,” another aide said recently. That’s a succinct explanation for the creation of the new select committee.

But it didn’t have to be that way. The rest of the administration could have cooperated like the Defense Department. If it had, Washington would be talking about something else now. Instead, the fight goes on.

***

“Republicans in general did not seem to have this appetite to find out what went wrong when incorrect intelligence was used to push the war in Iraq,” Tapper observed. “Do you see why some people might say, ‘Why is this more important than that war which resulted in the deaths of more than 4,500 American soldiers and countless innocent Iraqis?”

Gowdy appeared not to answer that question, and repeated a line in which he had used earlier in the day on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “At the end of the day, you may say he’s not very smart, but no one’s going to say that I’m not fair,” Gowdy asserted. “This is not going to be a kangaroo court, and if I thought it were I would not have participated.”

***

Via Breitbart.

***

MEGYN KELLY: Do you think it’s worth the risk?

KRAUTHAMMER: If you were doing this purely as a partisan matter, if you were simply a consultant brought in to tell the leadership of the Republicans is it worth doing this for political reasons to help you at the election, I would say no. On the on the other hand, I’m an American and I believe in truth.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

RickB on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Your songs are much appreciated!! You are a great spinmeister!! :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM

There are few things to compare in life with romance and finding, and realizing, real love. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I’m still working. There are some major changes coming. ;)

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Never to be deterred by us. I hope the changes will be good for you.

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Du hasst mich, but heh live and let live. :o

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

THE Pink Floyd song:

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

on the turning away
Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fred, PF! always and forever my band :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Only one? ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Thank you, Paladin. :)

I wouldn’t be going to the trouble, believe me, if it wasn’t worth it to me.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Write On MG!! :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

RickB on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

That was a nice song! I liked it. I haven’t heard of them before. Have they been around awhile?

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

workingclass artist, you good soul, whatever it is, thinking of you and wishing you and family strength.

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

And you, as well, Spritely One. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Only one? ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

It’s ALL good – but Money is by far my favorite – and consistently voted the #1 all time rock tune year after year by classic rock radio stations.

Also a fan of Alan Parsons Project – as je was sound engineer for most Pink Floyd albums – a bit more mello – but still good and similar sound in some ways.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Scrumpy, I’m so happy for your friend! Please pass on to her our best wishes!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

2 hrs worth of da Floyd!! Enjoy :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I wouldn’t be going to the trouble, believe me, if it wasn’t worth it to me.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Stay strong and we’ll one day say “we knew her when” :)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Well said. My sentiments as well.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Cowboy Rides Away

RickB on May 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Du hasst mich, but heh live and let live die. :o

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Sorry. I couldn’t resist. =)

non-nonpartisan on May 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Mr. Mister – Broken Wings

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

For Scrumpy

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

And I’ve got Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, A Nice Pair, and Wish You Were Here on vinyl.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

lol! I’m delighted that you know me now. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

One of my favourite APPs… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I sure will, I am a softie for a love story and she deserves it!

Finding love at 63 is amazing!! Life and Love begin again :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

They were a duo for a long time, but now they’re broken up.

RickB on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

You ARE a sly one, Non-non… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Sure is nothing to compare… :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM

jrsrigmvr on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Good evening, Cowboy.:)

Me, too. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:10 AM

For Scrumpy

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Lets waltz :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

You can be rest assured that when MG does one of her plot twists you will be on the edge of your seat staring into a Canyon of deep suspenseful (Ok I have writers block, I could use a good word about now) intriguing and riveting (darn writers block again) story telling of the highest calibre.

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

One of my favourite APPs… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Got that one, and 4 others, on vinyl also…..
The Turn of a Friendly Card is possibly APP’s best album.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

That makes it all the more precious and treasured, Scrumpy!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Nothing Compares To You – O’Connor

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Heh, for Newtie (with one ‘s’)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Trace Adkins – Ladies Love Country Boys

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I wouldn’t be going to the trouble, believe me, if it wasn’t worth it to me.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Stay strong and we’ll one day say “we knew her when” :)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Me three!! I so wanna know and say that too!! :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

One of APP’s bestest cruisin’ tunes

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM

they are by far my favs. sometimes i just plug in the pulse cd, crank it up and chill.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 10, 2014 at 12:14 AM

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

You hit said nail on head so well ;)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM

lol! I’m delighted that you know me now. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Equally – maybe the HA gaggle will be in your fiction writings :)

One day we’ll read and say “Mh, I recognize that character, wonder how?” :)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Alright, Scrumps

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I have a friend of mine who is getting married again in….about 50 days. Every day, she puts a post on her FB feed, counting down the days. ;-)

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Provided she’ll share what it actually IS, she’s finally written !
Muwahaha.

Teasing !
WE MUST be the ‘firsts’ to know, yes ???

pambi on May 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM

One “s” means “You Got Me“–two “s’s” means “You Hate Me” :o

Trust me… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Hi MG. got you, enjoy

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM

One can dream.

fred5678 on May 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Just a little bit country, dedicated to all the ladies in love but esp for my friend, it’s her fav song:

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:21 AM

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM

The moonlight is dancing across the water, tonight, my friend.
I heard the laughter of the nymphs drifting on the rose scented breeze. I knew you were here. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:21 AM

One of APP’s bestest cruisin’ tunes…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Good mello stuff on Ammonia Avenue and I Robot for relaxing.
But for driving, I need something to keep me awake and alert – so it’s usually more Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, The Who….

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Ain’t Love Grand!! Gotta love it :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

fred5678 on May 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM

It’s that “right side of history” thing…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

jrsrigmvr on May 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Excellent, my friend. :) Thank you.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Good fast driving tune – Black Sabbath

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Trust me… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Dedicated the nicer one to you :)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

pambi on May 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Oh for sure, we gotta be the firsts!!

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Evening Fred – hope your lady is feeling better.

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Joe Cocker – Everybody Hurts

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Well – lots o fun, but getting late – wife’s already in bed….
Nite all.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Alright, Scrumps

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Big Smile 【ツ】

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Good Night DaD!! :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Goodnight, dentarthurdent. :) It was nice to see you here. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Heart (especially “Barracuda”), Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, 1970s Oldies (you know who you are)…oh, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w and “Radar Love” by Golden Earring ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

It is!!! I’m very happy for her.

It feels a little weird. That’s two of my friends who are getting remarried this year. My single chick friends moving on.

Just takes some getting used to.

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Good mello stuff on Ammonia Avenue and I Robot for relaxing.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Sigh… I’m a bit of a weirdo, I love Mozart for driving…

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Hi Schad, yeah she’s meaner than ever.

Fred

Driving music.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Nite dad

oscar, the wilde

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

It does, my friend wasn’t looking for romance, it happened, and she couldn’t be happier, me either :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Hi Schad, yeah she’s meaner than ever.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 10, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Then she’s way better :)

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM

That is good driving music!! :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Ain’t Love Grand!! Gotta love it :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Love? bah humbug…

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Betcha her fiction saga begins with the twins Dire and Dave whom were swapped at the hospital but so we’re the birth certificates. When they found out they were swapped they swapped them again to fix the mistake but forgot to swap the certificates because they didn’t know about that part. Later Dire discovered the oversight so he swapped them but didn’t know Dave did the same thing. So that cancelled the swap.

Now no one knows which one is Dave. All they know is that both can’t be named Dire.

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Niters and sleep well, DAD!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

lol! I used to hit this one heading out of LA on the commute home. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM

RickB on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

totally luv that song!! (me has soft spot for willie tho) :)

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:33 AM

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM

That comes in REAL handy when driving in DC…Atlanta…I-5…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:33 AM

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have your appendages shorn clean off by some farm machinery.

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Love? bah humbug…

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

awww come on now, don’t be such a humbug ;D

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Here ya go Mr Wilde!! ;D

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM

You ARE a sly one, Non-non… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM

My dad affectionately called me an “imp” when I was a young lad. Is it your contention the “good” Paul die with the breakup of the Beatles? Did John really bury him?

The Beatles – Oh! Darling

non-nonpartisan on May 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Just say no to the smooch tax.

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM

And then, page break. Flashback: their antecedents. Dread Pirate Dire and Dread Pirate Dave, sailing the seven seas in search of treasure … and rum. :)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM

SparkPlug on May 10, 2014 at 12:33 AM

That’s true. One may well love again, and enjoy it, but no one wants to have that farm machinery appendages thing happen again.

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM

No WENCHES?!? o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM

non-nonpartisan on May 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Well, Paul certainly lost the Lennon influence. Overall, methinks John was more successful than Paul was, based on output post-Beatles.

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM

oscarwilde on May 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM

I could listen to this just about any time

lineholder on May 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM

It’s Only Love

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM

No. No wenches. At least not in a starring role. That’ would be too trite. Too cliche. Ladies, Newtie. Much more intriguing and surprising. :) Good fiction reveals and surprises.

As Mae West quipped ” When a good woman goes bad, men go right after her.”

lol!;)

thatsafactjack on May 10, 2014 at 12:42 AM

stepping >__________________AFK

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Dude’s hair resembles mine the first few dozen times I used a blow dryer…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM