Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 9, 2014 by Allahpundit

***

Facts are neither Republican nor Democrat. While our fellow citizens are free to draw varying conclusions and inferences from the facts, surely there can be consensus that every relevant fact must be uncovered.

There are still witnesses whose testimony has not been heard. Just last week, we learned the administration has withheld relevant documents from Congress, despite a subpoena request. Some produced documents are so heavily redacted as to be meaningless. The select committee should strive to uncover every relevant witness, document or other piece of evidence so our fellow citizens can know the facts and the full truth.

“May justice be done, though the heavens fall.” That adage governed my time as a prosecutor in state and federal court, and it would serve us well as we uncover the truth about Benghazi.

***

The hottest competition in Washington this week is among House Republicans vying for a seat on the Benghazi kangaroo court, also known as the Select House Committee to Inflate a Tragedy Into a Scandal. Half the House has asked to “serve” on the committee, which is understandable since it’s the perfect opportunity to avoid any real work while waving frantically to right-wing voters stomping their feet in the grandstand.

They won’t pass a serious jobs bill, or raise the minimum wage, or reform immigration, but House Republicans think they can earn their pay for the rest of the year by exposing nonexistent malfeasance on the part of the Obama administration. On Thursday, they voted to create a committee to spend “such sums as may be necessary” to conduct an investigation of the 2012 attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The day before, they voted to hold in contempt Lois Lerner, the former Internal Revenue Service official whom they would love to blame for the administration’s crackdown on conservative groups, if only they could prove there was a crackdown, which they can’t, because there wasn’t.

Both actions stem from the same impulse: a need to rouse the most fervent anti-Obama wing of the party and keep it angry enough to deliver its donations and votes to Republicans in the November elections. For a while it seemed as if the Affordable Care Act would perform that role, but Republicans ran into a problem when the country began to realize that it was not destroying American civilization but in fact helping millions of people.

***

Clyburn doesn’t have a problem with GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, though. “I know Gowdy very well,” he told the Washington Examiner. “I’m against the thing, so, it ain’t got nothing to do with Gowdy. I’m against doing it, I don’t care who is chairing it, I’m against it. So, Gowdy’s got nothing to do with my position.”

“An evil tree can’t bear good fruit,” Clyburn concluded.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., who serves with Gowdy on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said that he likes Gowdy but expressed a little more uncertainty about whether he would run a fair process.

“I don’t know,” Cummings said outside the House chamber. “I like Gowdy, I like him a lot. And, I’ve only seen him in a prosecutorial role, so I don’t know.”

***

While virtually all Democrats are united in opposing the formation of the committee, which will investigate the deaths of four Americans including ambassador Chris Stevens, rank-and-file Democrats argued during a closed-door meeting Wednesday leadership’s inclination to boycott the committee would be a mistake

“I think it would be very valuable for people to see us fighting, particularly a fight I know we can win. The other side on this is clearly acting politically and they do not have a leg to stand on and I say that as someone who has spent hearing after hearing on Benghazi,” Rep. Jim Himes, a member of the House Intelligence committee, told BuzzFeed. “I think if we had a talented team of thoughtful, articulate members, we could draw a huge contrast between a nakedly political, fact-less other side,” added Himes, who is one of several members who has raised the issue during recent meetings with leadership…

“You know, I tend to side with [Maryland Rep.] Elijah Cummings, who said you’d make something illegitimate seem fair, but at the same time he knows that if we leave our people in there unprotected they will be bludgeoned,” Cleaver said. “I probably lean a little more toward being in the room.”

***

Pelosi wants Democrats to have a say in subpoenas, access to documents and depositions. Boehner’s staff says they have made fair concessions, and will include Democrats in the process. But Republicans are not going to give Democrats veto power over who they call to testify…

It’s unclear how Democrats will proceed. Pelosi has weighed completely boycotting the committee, appointing a handful of Democrats or tapping lawmakers to fill the five seats that she is allotted. She first spoke to Boehner on the floor, then met with her leadership team and followed that up by sending a letter to Boehner Friday afternoon saying she wants to work with him to change the committee’s procedures…

Some senior Democrats — like Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.)— have made the case behind closed doors that their boycott would highlight what they consider GOP overreach. Others, like Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), argue the party needs to be present to fight back…

In a Democratic leadership meeting Friday morning, lawmakers were divided on whether they should participate. For example, Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) suggested Democrats participate, while Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) advocated a boycott.

***

There is no way on earth the Democrats should lend this committee the least bit of legitimacy. They absolutely must boycott this absurd, insane, sickening, repulsive, shameful, and at the same time shame-less circus.

Benghazi is and has been for some time a witch hunt that perverts all notions of democratic accountability and that obviously carries one purpose and one purpose only—the humiliation or worse of as many Democrats as possible, preferably the big cheeses (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton). Ever since Watergate, the Republicans have wanted one of their own, one in which they’re the good guys, forcing a Democratic president to resign in disgrace. They tried it with Bill Clinton, but he just kept getting more and more popular as more and more Americans came to see the Republicans’ coup d’etat, their attempt to criminalize errant but perfectly legal behavior, for what it was—an affair…

Gowdy’s antics on Issa’s committee are legendary among Democratic Hill staffers. He’s as big a blowhard as sits on that committee. Read Simon Malloy’s Salon piece from Tuesday, which just destroys Gowdy and also ought to worry any sane American. He developed the habit during these recent hearings of posting his cross-examinations on YouTube. During an IRS “scandal” hearing in which he rebuked Lois Lerner, he even added some heroic background music. He also suggested to Greta Van Susteren that the Obama administration was withholding evidence from Congress, and when she asked him if we’d see it, said: “Yeah. Well, you know, I can’t prove to what I don’t know. I don’t know whether the documents have been destroyed.”

And that is this sleazy rabbit hole in its most perfect summation.

***

The Benghazi select committee, nascent as it is, is already disappointing those members of the political class who predicted it would become a Republican self-inflicted wound. Far from uniting Democrats around the notion that the White House is being subjected to a witch-hunt, the decision to convene a select committee appears to be tearing the Democrats in Congress apart.

“I admit, Benghazi is to progressives what climate change is to conservatives: No matter how much the right wing shrieks about it, and purports to have new evidence of wrongdoing, we don’t believe it,” wrote Salon editor Joan Walsh this week displaying a unique degree of candor and self-awareness. “The difference is, progressives are right.”…

“Pelosi’s allies appear split,” Politico’s Sherman and Lauren French reported on Friday. “Connecticut Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) sent a letter to colleagues Thursday evening suggesting that just one Democrat should sit on the panel. Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), a veteran of congressional investigations, signaled he wants multiple members of his party on the committee.”

In response to the lack of unity, Pelosi marshaled all the sarcasm she could ooze at a Friday morning meeting with the members of her caucus. “Thanks a lot for giving me leverage over the last couple of days,” she scolded.

***

If the rest of the administration had followed the military’s example, the Benghazi controversy would likely be over by now…

First, there was the attempt to blame the attack on outrage over an anti-Muslim Internet video — a claim that was quickly discounted by everyone who has investigated the matter…

Then the administration failed to make available a single witness who was actually on the ground in Benghazi the night of the attack.

And recently, of course, Republican complaints that the administration has withheld documents were dramatically confirmed by revelations of emails the administration failed to produce to Congress.

The administration’s stance long ago exhausted whatever patience existed among Hill Republicans. Members are “really tired of getting jerked around,” another aide said recently. That’s a succinct explanation for the creation of the new select committee.

But it didn’t have to be that way. The rest of the administration could have cooperated like the Defense Department. If it had, Washington would be talking about something else now. Instead, the fight goes on.

***

“Republicans in general did not seem to have this appetite to find out what went wrong when incorrect intelligence was used to push the war in Iraq,” Tapper observed. “Do you see why some people might say, ‘Why is this more important than that war which resulted in the deaths of more than 4,500 American soldiers and countless innocent Iraqis?”

Gowdy appeared not to answer that question, and repeated a line in which he had used earlier in the day on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “At the end of the day, you may say he’s not very smart, but no one’s going to say that I’m not fair,” Gowdy asserted. “This is not going to be a kangaroo court, and if I thought it were I would not have participated.”

***

Via Breitbart.

***

MEGYN KELLY: Do you think it’s worth the risk?

KRAUTHAMMER: If you were doing this purely as a partisan matter, if you were simply a consultant brought in to tell the leadership of the Republicans is it worth doing this for political reasons to help you at the election, I would say no. On the on the other hand, I’m an American and I believe in truth.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Good night!

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:18 PM

A sight to behold, wasn’t it? :-)

Flora Duh on May 9, 2014 at 11:15 PM

He probably expected her to be the usual uneducated koolaid drinker. She knew the KKK was Democrat. Not many people do anymore.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:19 PM

time

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:19 PM

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Niters and sleep well, HL!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM

now I yap about this all the time. You never know when a small act of kindness will mean the world to one in need. Small acts of kindness, we should all give ‘em….’cause we all need ‘em. Thanks so much for letting me hang out. Well, at my age not much hanging. Best wishes to all. COL, see you in the am. HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM

That’s all mushy and stuff.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Luvving all the free love ’round here!!

Hugs and smooches all round :D

Hi ya’all…

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Could’ve been worse, LH…

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Much as I hate to leave this love fest I need to go to bed. It’s a lot nicer when everybody isn’t trading epithets.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Niters and sleep well, Ken!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Niters and sleep well, COL!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM

ROFL. You’re absolutely correct! That would have been worse!

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hi, Scrumpy!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Good night COL! Hope ur kittehs are all ok :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Good night!

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

How much of that goes on here when frank’s not around? lol

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

CHRISSY!

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Hiya NatB!!
You keep them songs a-coming and the guys a-fawning ;)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Scrumpy is a delightfully spritely little rascal who is (need a good word here to describe more stuff)…

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM

;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM

nite COL and KCB also known as Ken

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Hi Fred!! :)
How is Mrs Fred? Hope all is well with you both :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Sparkie, I believe the word you’re looking for is “*smooooooch!*”

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Derek Trucks, solo compilation

Allmann bros style.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM

awesome.

ProudinNC on May 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

…supercalifragalisticically mischievous!! ;D

Hey Sparky :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM

We’re fine. How is your pulse beating tonite?

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM

It’s a lot nicer when everybody isn’t trading epithets.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Or carping and sniping at others behind their backs.

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Hi Ken, bye Ken ): missed ya… {{hugs}} :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Good evening MG!! :) always good to see you here!! :)

(who be doin’ that?)…

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Good evening, Spritely One. :) It is, indeed, always a pleasure to see you. :) I hope you’re well.

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Hi Ken, bye Ken ): missed ya… {{hugs}} :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Snuck back for a Scrumpy hug! MMMMMM. Nice! Good Night!

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I am here, it’s beating fine now!! :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 11:14 PM

UGH. REO Speedwagon!?!?!?! I effing RUN from anywhere that a song of theirs starts playing.

GAH!!!!!

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Awwww shucks Ken thanks sweety ;)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Sammy Hagar – Mas Tequila

RickB on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Evening, good ones.

Sorry I missed you, HL and Ken, and all who went to dreamland.

I love when they are disoriented.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM

That’s the ticket. I was about to conjure up MG but the mere thought of conjuring her actually conjured her because she knows what I’m about to think before my brain tells me.

Anyhow Newtie you are so much fun. You have to work extra hard though to make up for Lanceman.

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I have been busy, but things have slowed down for a bit now hon, came here for some lively entertainment and fun!! :)

How’s things with you Jackie

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

But but there’s only ONE REO song worth playing!!

And I bet that wasn’t the one you heard… :-(

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Good evening, Spark.:) It’s true that I miss you when you’re not here, my friend. :)

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I love when they are disoriented.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Me too. Anything to make the Demoncrats uncomfortable. =)

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Hi LANCEMAN!! Damn wish you could come back, you are missed by all!!
Know ur reading this so, have a great weekend :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Now that’s a pair of shoes I wouldn’t DREAM of trying to fill! :o

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Evenin’ Mr Schad!! :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Tolerable, Spritely One. :) Thanks for asking.

I’m delighted to hear that things are moving along well for you. Spring is, at last, truly upon us.

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Hey doshusaliexpiisticfragicalirufus. Have you seen the miscreant Hunter around? He is Axe.

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Hey Scrumpy,,

“what do you mean I could be President, ? It’s still we the people, right?”

If there’s a new way, I’ll he the first in line.

Ie better work this time.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Sorry. Can’t stomach any of their music…they sound the same every time, and they were played ad nauseam ….

BLECH.

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM

It was a good day on HA, for different reasons.

The pope thread nearly killed me, laughing. The ironies in it were palpable.

The leftists all sided with Ed :)

The leftists all side with the pope, go figure, they they anti-religious.

Etc.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Has anyone seen hawkdriver? Thank you.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Evening Scrumpy – hope you are well.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

marooned

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

It is!!

Running around helping my long time friend get it together for her wedding!! Second chance at happiness, she deserves every bit of it!!

We have been friends for 20 years, she’s a treasure, wedding is next Saturday!! I can’t wait :)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM

She wears fury boots. Anyway you have beautiful feet so no need to cover them up with shoes unless they are Shiney black spikey heels kind.

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I have an inkling what you’re going through–I was in San Antonio, TX, when Elvis passed away. Wall-to-wall Elvis for a WEEK! Nowadays, I can take Elvis in small doses, but I’ve gotten better!

Never could stand Paul McCartney after the Beatles broke up… *phew!*

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

joana is such a dumba$$. Wow. lol

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Well… They finally got it.

Left Coast Righty on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

they they the anti-religious.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM

SparkPlug on May 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I saw he was around earlier, he’s busy makin’ stuff happen I think, he is prolly <……………AFK back that way somewhere between here and there Sparky…

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Please congratulate your friend for me, Scrumpy. :)

Dance an extra dance at the celebration for me. :)

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Player – Baby Come Back

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Heavens, the mischief afoot within QOTD !!
Gotta love it !
Well, I will, in its entirety, in the AM, at least.
You have been warned. ;-)
Blessings !!

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM

joana is such a dumba$$. Wow. lol

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Why mess up a clean place?

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Hey wolly {{hugs}} sure you can be president!! Take charge will ya give us all a break ;)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM

pambi!! Long time no see, me was absent…

luv ur little quips :)

hang around and play in the pool for a while and tempt Sparky ;;)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

2Cellos – Human Nature

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

You missed an ugly night…the last QotD, a nightmare.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM

It is taking place at Medicine Park, on the Bridge, I helped her find a romantic dress to wear and it will be so dreamy!!

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

pambi’s been busy this evening on the Pope thread. Someone with the moniker Capt. Kirk.

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Fred on May 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Awesome!!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Seems you & Sparky have all under control, from where I sit, atm.
Y’all are just way too fun !

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I am glad I did then, me hates ugly… so sorry it was a bad night, we don’t need that crap messin’ up the place.

Who ever caused this ugliness needs to be #cotted!!

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Left Coast Righty on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

The Dems are still up by two impeachment trials… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

For J, because it’s spring.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Why mess up a clean place?

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Is her name itself a dirty word, or was it mentioning that she’s a dumba$$? She and frank utterly amaze me with how stupid they can be.

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

The dems have their shorts in a collective knot — in or out? Yammer and obstruct from the inside or just yammer from the outside? Decisions, decisions . . . LOL

Conservchik on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

It sounds delightful. How wonderful, contemplating the joy of joining two lives and blending those of their families and friends. :)

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Little Big Town – Boondocks

RickB on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

He is!! I dunno about me so much, but thanks hon :)

(still lookin’ for me wits)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Never could stand Paul McCartney after the Beatles broke up… *phew!*

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Agree fully on the REO song.
RE: Elvis – I was in high school, not an Elvis fan – my mom had tickets to what would have been Elvis’s next concert – at the Portland, Maine Civic Center – if he hadn’t died.
Wish Mom still had those tickets – they’d be worth a bundle now…

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

pambi can sure hold her own!! She is a rock!!

(haven’t looked back at old threads)

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM

She and frank utterly amaze me with how stupid they can be.

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hold on a second there – which Frank?
Frank Lib is a gifted sarc master.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Try as I might, ain’t NO feckin’ way I can sing that! When I drop to my natural register, I start off fine…then I find myself trying to reach for a hernia trying to get those high-patoot notes, in a vain effort to harmonize with the music.

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

It sure is, love can be found at any age!! I was with her when she met him, we were at a concert and they hit it off, have been inseparable since, I am so thrilled for her :)

It truly is a match made in heaven!!

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Paul McCartney and Wings – Helen Wheels

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I do not think he’d mind if I mention (hope so, anyways) .. workingclass artist could use everyone’s prayers.
Family stuffs, very painful.

If a problem, wca, please forgive.

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM

All I had was AM… :-(

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Hold on a second there – which Frank?
Frank Lib is a gifted sarc master.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM

lowercase frank.

non-nonpartisan on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Can’t say I have read any stuff by the dumbazz but ‘frank’ I know, they are sure not wanted round here to mess things up…

Let me at ‘em, I want a dust up… lol, so I can sweep ‘em out with me broom!! lol…

Scrumpy on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

on the turning away

Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Simply Red – Holding Back The Years

I would absolute love to know where they filmed this video. That opening scene, with the ruins of a church, the gravestones, by the seaside….

…my daughter and I used to go to old graveyard and read the stones. Sounds weird, but it’s pretty interesting.

lineholder on May 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Thank you, Paladin. :) That was beautiful.

I hope you’re well.

I’m sorry if my responses are a little slow. I’m still working. There are some major changes coming. ;)

thatsafactjack on May 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Oh pambi, thanks for the heads up, prayers ascending…

Scrumpy on May 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM

on the turning away
Fred

jrsrigmvr on May 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

NOW you’re talkin’!!
I’m a definite hardcore Pink Floyd fan these days.

dentarthurdent on May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM