Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 9, 2014 by Allahpundit

***

Facts are neither Republican nor Democrat. While our fellow citizens are free to draw varying conclusions and inferences from the facts, surely there can be consensus that every relevant fact must be uncovered.

There are still witnesses whose testimony has not been heard. Just last week, we learned the administration has withheld relevant documents from Congress, despite a subpoena request. Some produced documents are so heavily redacted as to be meaningless. The select committee should strive to uncover every relevant witness, document or other piece of evidence so our fellow citizens can know the facts and the full truth.

“May justice be done, though the heavens fall.” That adage governed my time as a prosecutor in state and federal court, and it would serve us well as we uncover the truth about Benghazi.

***

The hottest competition in Washington this week is among House Republicans vying for a seat on the Benghazi kangaroo court, also known as the Select House Committee to Inflate a Tragedy Into a Scandal. Half the House has asked to “serve” on the committee, which is understandable since it’s the perfect opportunity to avoid any real work while waving frantically to right-wing voters stomping their feet in the grandstand.

They won’t pass a serious jobs bill, or raise the minimum wage, or reform immigration, but House Republicans think they can earn their pay for the rest of the year by exposing nonexistent malfeasance on the part of the Obama administration. On Thursday, they voted to create a committee to spend “such sums as may be necessary” to conduct an investigation of the 2012 attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The day before, they voted to hold in contempt Lois Lerner, the former Internal Revenue Service official whom they would love to blame for the administration’s crackdown on conservative groups, if only they could prove there was a crackdown, which they can’t, because there wasn’t.

Both actions stem from the same impulse: a need to rouse the most fervent anti-Obama wing of the party and keep it angry enough to deliver its donations and votes to Republicans in the November elections. For a while it seemed as if the Affordable Care Act would perform that role, but Republicans ran into a problem when the country began to realize that it was not destroying American civilization but in fact helping millions of people.

***

Clyburn doesn’t have a problem with GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, though. “I know Gowdy very well,” he told the Washington Examiner. “I’m against the thing, so, it ain’t got nothing to do with Gowdy. I’m against doing it, I don’t care who is chairing it, I’m against it. So, Gowdy’s got nothing to do with my position.”

“An evil tree can’t bear good fruit,” Clyburn concluded.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., who serves with Gowdy on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said that he likes Gowdy but expressed a little more uncertainty about whether he would run a fair process.

“I don’t know,” Cummings said outside the House chamber. “I like Gowdy, I like him a lot. And, I’ve only seen him in a prosecutorial role, so I don’t know.”

***

While virtually all Democrats are united in opposing the formation of the committee, which will investigate the deaths of four Americans including ambassador Chris Stevens, rank-and-file Democrats argued during a closed-door meeting Wednesday leadership’s inclination to boycott the committee would be a mistake

“I think it would be very valuable for people to see us fighting, particularly a fight I know we can win. The other side on this is clearly acting politically and they do not have a leg to stand on and I say that as someone who has spent hearing after hearing on Benghazi,” Rep. Jim Himes, a member of the House Intelligence committee, told BuzzFeed. “I think if we had a talented team of thoughtful, articulate members, we could draw a huge contrast between a nakedly political, fact-less other side,” added Himes, who is one of several members who has raised the issue during recent meetings with leadership…

“You know, I tend to side with [Maryland Rep.] Elijah Cummings, who said you’d make something illegitimate seem fair, but at the same time he knows that if we leave our people in there unprotected they will be bludgeoned,” Cleaver said. “I probably lean a little more toward being in the room.”

***

Pelosi wants Democrats to have a say in subpoenas, access to documents and depositions. Boehner’s staff says they have made fair concessions, and will include Democrats in the process. But Republicans are not going to give Democrats veto power over who they call to testify…

It’s unclear how Democrats will proceed. Pelosi has weighed completely boycotting the committee, appointing a handful of Democrats or tapping lawmakers to fill the five seats that she is allotted. She first spoke to Boehner on the floor, then met with her leadership team and followed that up by sending a letter to Boehner Friday afternoon saying she wants to work with him to change the committee’s procedures…

Some senior Democrats — like Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.)— have made the case behind closed doors that their boycott would highlight what they consider GOP overreach. Others, like Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), argue the party needs to be present to fight back…

In a Democratic leadership meeting Friday morning, lawmakers were divided on whether they should participate. For example, Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) suggested Democrats participate, while Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) advocated a boycott.

***

There is no way on earth the Democrats should lend this committee the least bit of legitimacy. They absolutely must boycott this absurd, insane, sickening, repulsive, shameful, and at the same time shame-less circus.

Benghazi is and has been for some time a witch hunt that perverts all notions of democratic accountability and that obviously carries one purpose and one purpose only—the humiliation or worse of as many Democrats as possible, preferably the big cheeses (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton). Ever since Watergate, the Republicans have wanted one of their own, one in which they’re the good guys, forcing a Democratic president to resign in disgrace. They tried it with Bill Clinton, but he just kept getting more and more popular as more and more Americans came to see the Republicans’ coup d’etat, their attempt to criminalize errant but perfectly legal behavior, for what it was—an affair…

Gowdy’s antics on Issa’s committee are legendary among Democratic Hill staffers. He’s as big a blowhard as sits on that committee. Read Simon Malloy’s Salon piece from Tuesday, which just destroys Gowdy and also ought to worry any sane American. He developed the habit during these recent hearings of posting his cross-examinations on YouTube. During an IRS “scandal” hearing in which he rebuked Lois Lerner, he even added some heroic background music. He also suggested to Greta Van Susteren that the Obama administration was withholding evidence from Congress, and when she asked him if we’d see it, said: “Yeah. Well, you know, I can’t prove to what I don’t know. I don’t know whether the documents have been destroyed.”

And that is this sleazy rabbit hole in its most perfect summation.

***

The Benghazi select committee, nascent as it is, is already disappointing those members of the political class who predicted it would become a Republican self-inflicted wound. Far from uniting Democrats around the notion that the White House is being subjected to a witch-hunt, the decision to convene a select committee appears to be tearing the Democrats in Congress apart.

“I admit, Benghazi is to progressives what climate change is to conservatives: No matter how much the right wing shrieks about it, and purports to have new evidence of wrongdoing, we don’t believe it,” wrote Salon editor Joan Walsh this week displaying a unique degree of candor and self-awareness. “The difference is, progressives are right.”…

“Pelosi’s allies appear split,” Politico’s Sherman and Lauren French reported on Friday. “Connecticut Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) sent a letter to colleagues Thursday evening suggesting that just one Democrat should sit on the panel. Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), a veteran of congressional investigations, signaled he wants multiple members of his party on the committee.”

In response to the lack of unity, Pelosi marshaled all the sarcasm she could ooze at a Friday morning meeting with the members of her caucus. “Thanks a lot for giving me leverage over the last couple of days,” she scolded.

***

If the rest of the administration had followed the military’s example, the Benghazi controversy would likely be over by now…

First, there was the attempt to blame the attack on outrage over an anti-Muslim Internet video — a claim that was quickly discounted by everyone who has investigated the matter…

Then the administration failed to make available a single witness who was actually on the ground in Benghazi the night of the attack.

And recently, of course, Republican complaints that the administration has withheld documents were dramatically confirmed by revelations of emails the administration failed to produce to Congress.

The administration’s stance long ago exhausted whatever patience existed among Hill Republicans. Members are “really tired of getting jerked around,” another aide said recently. That’s a succinct explanation for the creation of the new select committee.

But it didn’t have to be that way. The rest of the administration could have cooperated like the Defense Department. If it had, Washington would be talking about something else now. Instead, the fight goes on.

***

“Republicans in general did not seem to have this appetite to find out what went wrong when incorrect intelligence was used to push the war in Iraq,” Tapper observed. “Do you see why some people might say, ‘Why is this more important than that war which resulted in the deaths of more than 4,500 American soldiers and countless innocent Iraqis?”

Gowdy appeared not to answer that question, and repeated a line in which he had used earlier in the day on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “At the end of the day, you may say he’s not very smart, but no one’s going to say that I’m not fair,” Gowdy asserted. “This is not going to be a kangaroo court, and if I thought it were I would not have participated.”

***

Via Breitbart.

***

MEGYN KELLY: Do you think it’s worth the risk?

KRAUTHAMMER: If you were doing this purely as a partisan matter, if you were simply a consultant brought in to tell the leadership of the Republicans is it worth doing this for political reasons to help you at the election, I would say no. On the on the other hand, I’m an American and I believe in truth.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

Have at it.

Murphy9 on May 9, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Gowdy!

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Trey Gowdy – South Carolina’s anti Graham.

jake-the-goose on May 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Now watch her blast through if I keep power, or hang out and flirt with the guys if I lose power. Just watch. This is my life.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Facts are neither Republican nor Democrat.

Yes, but only one side wants the facts.

/Surely, that’s what you meant to say, right USA Today?

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM

…Let Lanceman LIVE…!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 9, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Ratso!

OmahaConservative on May 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Trey Gowdy – South Carolina’s anti Graham.

jake-the-goose on May 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM

…would he have had a chance against the gurl?…even with all the whore money Lipstick Lin had?…just wondering.

KOOLAID2 on May 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Democrats love to hide behind Americans that give their lives for this country…

Electrongod on May 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Meet your majority members for the #SelectCommittee on #Benghazi:

Raaaaccciiissssttttssssss
;-)

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Boner should just tell her, I’ll fill every seat you don’t.

I want to see mccain dragged in to this. If there were guns being run to Syria, you know that bastard was involved.

Hillary didn’t visit him in Sedona to work on her tan.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM

May the Lord protect and prosper Trey Gowdy

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Democrats love to hide behind Americans that give their lives for this country… Electrongod on May 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Yep. Might be time to bomb another aspirin factory, soon.

Deflection.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Evening all.

Can’t wait for it to start and I’m hoping it’s all going to be public.

Popcorn, soda, potato chips, etc. all on my list to stock up on in anticipation.

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Really? What a piece of shit.

BacaDog on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

*sigh*

I heart Trey Gowdy…

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

(waving)

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Howdy, twerp!

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

The only relevant facts that need to be uncovered are
WHO ordered the hits on Americans in Benghazi and WHY ?
These were no ” tragedies” or ” attacks” , these were cold blooded assassinations once Hussein had no use for these Americans and the counsulate after they had fulfilled their purpose.

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

ladyingray on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I do too. I love a man with brains, common sense and logic.

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hey y’all-Sheldon has a sprained foot. The kitteh should be fine.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Friday!!!!

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM

My god, not one black on the R committee-members…that must be racist, racist, racist.

This in Arkansas…AP will be thrilled.

And, my favorite bit of news – Faux hasn’t shown their super-coe, Jamoo, lately. However, they have a new one, oh my, a dummy from PR, my, my how stupid are they. Her name is Jeanene, or Jennene Fuentes. I have not seen something this stupid on TV since Jeantel. Even Jamoo was brighter, no kidding.

This cow went on and on how Hillary saved the world and how rosy the US relations with Russia are, all due to Hillary :):):):)

It’s been a great day to be alive today.

Later, hooligans :)

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Really? What a piece of shit.

BacaDog on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

They don’t even bother pretending anymore. Guillotines are too good for these scum …

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Super-cow, Jamoooooo

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I agree. In the long run the Dems would not be missed. The truth is what will be recorded in history.

koolbob on May 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

And I would add: “Why was Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi?”

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:26 PM

really? What a piece of shit. The only thing unprotected and bludgeoned were Americans in Benghazi that night. BacaDog on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I remember the pics of Stevens being dragged through the streets. The streaks of blood on the walls.

Are those pics still around?

Or were they purged?

Remember that stupid artist rendition of an American flag that looked just like the streaks?

Sold for barkys re-election effort.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM

This in Arkansas…AP will be thrilled.

It’s been a great day to be alive today.

Later, hooligans :)

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM

That woman could barely put a sentence together, but Eric Bolling is too dumb to shut her propaganda down.

TinFin on May 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM

If They boycott or send one, Boehnor should publicly invite Dems that voted for the committee to join. Then pop some corn.

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I do too. I love a man with brains, common sense and logic.

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

If I was a multiple choice question, I would need three different answers to choose from.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Pelosi and her Cowards in the House 2.0

Rovin on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

The progressives are right about what exactly about Benghazi ?
That there was no wrongdoing
or
that there is no evidence of wrongdoing ?
BTW, since when did 4 dead and a large number of injured Americans systematically assassinated in cold blood by the POTUS become a
” wrongdoing ” ?

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

. . . ice falling from the sky in chunks is just . . . wrong.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Meet your majority members for the #SelectCommittee on #Benghazi:

Let’s get ready to RUUMMMBBBUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the GOP is playing this correctly. The members are not polarizing and have legitimate credibility. It all works against the Dems claim that this is political.

Happy Nomad on May 9, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Are those pics still around?

Or were they purged?

Sold for barkys re-election effort.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Still around; here’s one example

Here are the primary photos

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Surprised Jason Chaffetz didn’t get the nod.

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

;) LOL

I saw you a wee bit lost on the last thread!!!

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM

” wrongdoing ” ?

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Around the same time that the Fort Hood terrorist attack by Nidal Hasan became a case of “workplace violence” (well, really back when Barky was educated in Indonesia) …

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM

So , is Cindy Sheehan and her hoodlums stalking the mutt muncher to get answers about Chris Stevens ? About Tyrone S. Woods ? About Sean Smith ? About Glen Doherty ?
Why ?

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I was also but see the preference behind it. Chaffetz is so much more in the media. Jordan is more understated and the questions he asked were on the mark and probing. Jordan was on my short list. Sadly, I don’t know enough about the others to even give an opinion.

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:40 PM

so jake tapper is one of those who only thinks nukes are wmds?

dmacleo on May 9, 2014 at 8:41 PM

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:40 PM

He has been point on this. Disappointed.

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM

If the twit feeds are any indication the lefties are overflowing their Depends on this, the overall theme is “Don’t you have something better to do, you need to let this go!”

Bishop on May 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM

“Why was Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi?”

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Why was the Turkish Ambassador with Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi before he was killed ?

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I do too. I love a man with brains, common sense and logic.

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi CL. I wish I could have found one.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

. . . ice falling from the sky in chunks is just . . . wrong.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM

How big?

And what color?

Too big is bad. Some colors are worse.

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

;) LOL

I saw you a wee bit lost on the last thread!!!

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Felt like the time I walked out of the restroom at Wal-Mart tending to a “problem” and meeting ladies walking in. Guess the lack of urinals should have been a clue.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

. . . ice falling from the sky in chunks is just . . . wrong.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I’ll take that up with Mother Nature for you.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I knew it was another steaming pile from the NY Times, without even clicking.

Where is the smallest subatomic shred of evidence that this is in any way true? Show me one person, five people, ten people who were “helped” by Obama’s signature legislation.

massrighty on May 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hi CL. I wish I could have found one.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Hey….over here….I have been trying. Bah, I give up!

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM

massrighty on May 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I can think of about 500, problem is, they’re all in Congress…

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

How big?

And what color?

Too big is bad. Some colors are worse.

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Whoa son, this is a family site.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Mmmmbbbboooooosh :O
I knew it !

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Hey….over here….I have been trying. Bah, I give up!

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM

But you aren’t available. But yes, you are one of the most sensible people I’ve met except I haven’t…met you that is.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

I feel your pain, HL;

Last trip to Foxwoods; just after extensive renovations; I walked into a truly luxe mensroom – mad, crazy décor; awesome tilework, hidden hinges on the doors, stunning plumbing. Still, kind of odd – no urinals anywhere. Did my business, washed, left. Met at the door by a group of none-to-happy distaff gamblers.

massrighty on May 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Jordan has so far been right down the line conservative.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I’ll take “Questions the sycophantic LSM whores wouldn’t dare ask nor investigate for $1000, Alex …”

ShainS on May 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I can think of about 500, problem is, they’re all in Congress…

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

heh..++++++++++

bazil9 on May 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

ROTFLMAO… I would sooo love to see the look on his wife’s face when somebody accuses him of being sensible… <— Insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Too early in the relationship to worry about such small details. Chuckle!

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM

May the Lord protect and prosper Trey Gowdy…

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I stopped reading with that one …
Seconded, thirded, ad infinitum.

Not good at cross-threading, so. I might be back, later.
Blessings !!

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Whoa son, this is a family site.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

rotf :) I was about to answer Nova till I read that.

Meh, no point now. It quit.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Don’t forget the chocolate!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM

why was the Turkish Ambassador with Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi before he was killed ? burrata on May 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Med to the south, Black sea to the north.

If you are Turkey and want to make money, you run guns from both sides.

wolly4321 on May 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Buzz off I ain’t yapping with you any more. You have hair, are good looking, can play the guitar STANDING up and the wife would leave me in a second if she met your charms. Hmmm, she is tall, blonde, blue eyes, nice bolt ons, and you two might get along. Would clear the deck for me to chase COL.

Let me get back to you as maybe you ain’t so bad.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

There is no reasonableness left. The media has abandoned their post and all heck has broken loose. It’s going to take a lot of napalm to make DC work again… if that’s even possible.

MT on May 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I guess we have find a few :)

Hey B9 (waving)

HL….the Walmart lavatory ROFLMAO

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Buzz off I ain’t yapping with you any more. You have hair, are good looking,

BWAHAHAHA

Tell me about it.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Would the ambassador be personally involved in something like that? I know the embassies are a base for people like the CIA but…

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Without question. Hi Newtie (waving)

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Meh, no point now. It quit.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Then it’s too late to warn you not to look up.

You didn’t look up, did you?

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM

…Let Lanceman LIVE…!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 9, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Lance??..where did Lance go?? Is that you in the shadows, Lance???
Where are you Lance? Lance??…LAAAAANCE!!

Mimzey on May 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Son, I honestly wish I could write and ‘splain things 10% as good a you. Dude, you got “it”. No that that furry cousin It on the black and white show.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Whoa son, this is a family site.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Safety first.

The Dave Matthews Band might have been in the neighborhood.

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Did someone say B9?

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

MT on May 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man

kcewa on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

So there were 45-50 Million people who had no healthcare in 2008, who were dying on the streets on a daily basis,
then more than 6 million people lost their insurance already while maybe 7-8 million people are enrolled ( or so they say) in JiziahCAIR ,
and the employer mandate hasn’t even kicked in yet .
With about 40 million out of 45-50 million people still without healthcare, how exactly has jiziaCAIR been a grand success ?

burrata on May 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM

kcewa on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

N-i-c-e… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Then it’s too late to warn you not to look up.

You didn’t look up, did you?

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM

It was kind of funny. :) I had to comfort the cat. He would start at the close thunder, jerk around when the wind blew the hail into the side of the house — but always look up at me right after and wait for me to tell him it was OK. Then he’d relax until it happened again.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM

CoffeeLover on May 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Happy Friday to ya, CL.

bazil9 on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM

massrighty on May 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM

We are now forever brothers. Hope you don’t mind!

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM

What? No cuddles? :o

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

If lying leftist whores like Joan Walsh and Mike Tomasky are against it, it must be a great idea.

Adjoran on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Hi all. Not usually here for QOTD.. but love reading up on it the next day. Hanging out tonight .. weekend off..
The more I see and hear Gowdy the more I like him… doesn’t seem the type to be all namby pamby and cave… looking forward to seeing how these hearings go.

Also would like to say how much I enjoy you folks and your comments. My biggest concern is how will I be able to keep in touch and follow you all if (when) the chosen one decides the internet is not in our best interest…

vamp57mw on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

bee nine

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Y’all are so much fun.
Jus sayin.
:-)

pambi on May 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM

vamp57mw on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Welcome aboard, Vamp!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 9:10 PM

bee nine

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM

It is just sooooo cute, isn’t it? ;)

bazil9 on May 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM

It looks like there are storms training along north of here. Hope the line doesn’t come down here.

crankyoldlady on May 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM

vamp57mw on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Smoke signals….

VegasRick on May 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Query: When the R’s cut this Benghazi cover-up to the quick, complete with John Dean-type confessions and disclosures, how badly will the LSM scramble to try to convince all and sundry that it was on top of this all along?

Newtie and the Beauty on May 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Safety first.

The Dave Matthews Band might have been in the neighborhood.

novaculus on May 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Chuckle and HT for the reference.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Release The PDB’s!

Remember the stories http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-obama-alone-this-president-does-not-need-intel-briefers/2012/09/13/c11e1a52-fda5-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

I bet they find them crumpled up at the bottom of his golf bag!

can_con on May 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM

vamp57mw on May 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Welcome, Day Walker!

KCB on May 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Let me get back to you as maybe you ain’t so bad.

HonestLib on May 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Oh lordy… what are you getting me into now…

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM