Newest innovation in campus progressivism: “Trigger warnings”

posted at 2:41 pm on May 9, 2014 by Allahpundit

I thought their finest recent innovation, encouraged by the White House itself, was the “guilty until presumed innocent” standard for sexual assault suspects. But now this video from Reason TV has me wondering. Can’t we, mustn’t we, do what we can to protect people from speech they find upsetting? That was a key argument of Orwell’s in “Animal Farm,” as I recall.

The slippery slope potential here is so obvious that it really doesn’t need stating. The warnings are supposed to help people with honest-to-goodness PTSD avoid media that might upset them, but someone in the tiny percentage at risk of that can (and often does, I’m sure) take sensible precautions to shield themselves. Demanding warnings for the 96 percent who won’t be “triggered” is just a foot in the door towards regulation, not unlike how mandatory calorie counts on menus tend to precede attempts to ban certain ingredients or serving platforms (Happy Meals, Big Gulps etc). Warnings invite restrictions, almost inevitably. The tacit goal here, at a minimum, is to kickstart some sort of rating system for speech on campus; the worse the rating, the more pressure there’ll be on administrators to exclude that speech from the curriculum. And as much as I feel for well-meaning kids who have to suffer through it, I have to say that I find it a fascinating experiment to watch from afar now that I’m a few decades removed. What’s the next “advance” after this wihin the academic commune? We should start a pool.

Silver lining: Maybe, if trigger warnings catch on, disfavored speakers can be invited back to campus with warnings attached instead of being pressured into dropping out altogether. That’d be progress, no?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Final warning

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Does their finger get itchy.

RickB on May 9, 2014 at 2:46 PM

We have raised a generation of little puss!es.

It is not my responsibility to care about your sensitivity.

NotCoach on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Hopefully for every campus that has a single Muslim student, it will now be free of hurtful talk about Islam. Focus on campus for students should be about stopping the Joooos raping sacred Palestine.

BL@KBIRD on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

What’s Roy Rogers’ horse got to do with anything?

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

No. There is no right not to be offended. The real world is full of nastiness, learn to deal with it or spend your life in bed.

rbj on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

rbj on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I’ll take the latter. –Sandra Fluke

Rix on May 9, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Please note that this warning would be plastered on every copy of the Koran.

BobMbx on May 9, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Boy, we are making easier for the Islamists to take over.

Oil Can on May 9, 2014 at 2:52 PM

The whole concept of ‘triggering’ is triggering.

RedManBlueState on May 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Man…what the F*&$King hell have be become…

PatriotRider on May 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I am triggered by Ed and Allah’s squishy posts every day. You should see how many holes I have punched in my walls because of them.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need a drink.

WhatSlushfund on May 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Not going to happen.

This is just a way to clamp down even tighter.

It is just another – and more simple tool – for far lefties to shut people up without engaging in debate.

Besides, micro-aggressions are also on the horizon which will sync up quite nicely with this.

Trigger warnings for micro aggressions. You wont be able to express anything that offends a lefty.

I think the silver lining is that the left is starting to turn on themselves and they will use these tools to attack each other. These psychos who hate speech have successfully driven non-lefty opposition from the “public square” of the university so the only people left to attack are fellow lefties.

gwelf on May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Not only are these Millenials arrogant and filled with a sense of entitlement, they all tend to end their sentences with their voice going up.

Happy Nomad on May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I just want to offend the hell out of that chick.

John the Libertarian on May 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Universities are like Club Meds now. They are awash in government cash (via student loans) and are committed to giving everyone a “good time.” Actual learning and debate therefore must be sidelined.

will77jeff on May 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Bailey Loverin is vile little piece of scum for not giving me a trigger warning about her insultingly vapid view of the world. Excuse while I go and have the vapors.

“It did not trigger me, I recognized the potential for it to be very triggering.” – Bailey Loverin

Somebody shoot me now.

NotCoach on May 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM

That was a key argument of Orwell’s in “Animal Farm,” as I recall.

Like a pit bull. Lock on to it and don’t let go.

yongoro on May 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Oh yippie ki-yay.. Politically Correct Speech has been introduced to steroids… What next? Google banning conservatives from AdSense?

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Happy Nomad on May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

As much as I want to pick on the Millenials, it was the Baby Boomers that started the beginning of the end. The last American generation was the Silent Generation. If you were born after 1946, it questionable your were good for America. I’m including myself in this too. We are flashing 200 years of work down the drain.

Oil Can on May 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Wear a special helmet; if offended activate blackout visor and earplugs.

mjbrooks3 on May 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Man…what the F*&$King hell have be become…

PatriotRider on May 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Property of the State.

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Someone is going to get enough of this and come out with a real trigger and no warning.

docflash on May 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I love leftists in desperado mode.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM

What’s Roy Rogers’ horse got to do with anything?

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Do you remember Dale Evan’s horses name?

jmtham156 on May 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Bailey will get triggered when she is sold into sexual slavery by her muslim leftist brothers.

Kuffar on May 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Man up, kids, man up.

Fallon on May 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM

The rest of the world is laughing their asses off at us…

PatriotRider on May 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM

In the past I was maltreated by a progressive college professor.

Can we place a trigger warning on progressive college professors?

steebo77 on May 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Indeed.

It was also a strong theme in Lord of the Flies: Piggy was always oppressing Jack and the Hunters by lighting “signal fires” which triggered them, hence the need for the multicultural mediations of the post-Christian “Lord of the Flies”.

Really, what is liberal education but an effort to form something like Jack’s tribe in real life? And to deal with conservatives as the tribe progressively dealt with Simon, Piggy and Ralph.

David Blue on May 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM

You really need to reread if you think Animal Farm had anything to do with warning people they may hear things that they find disturbing.

So even attempts simply to warn consumers of what they are consuming is Nannystate-ism? Damn. And here I thought a central requirement for the “invisible hand of the market” to work was for consumers to be able to make informed choices.

Let me huess, anyone who can’t afford their own private research lab deserves to eat an asbestos burger, amirite?

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I have Bailey’s trigger warning. I got it right here….

Beyond that, though, what serious college-level course has the students viewing a series of sexual assaults? I don’t doubt they exists. But that seems a bigger problem than going around erasing the word n***er from editions of Huckleberry Finn.

These people are complete crackpots. Thanks, lefties. But also thanks to those in the middle and on the right who roll over and play dead for these fascists.

BuckeyeSam on May 9, 2014 at 3:13 PM

…Phuck’em!

KOOLAID2 on May 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Allah…you should have had a trigger warning here!
But at least you didn’t use the word ‘Bossy’.

verbaluce on May 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Just what have we devolved to? Soon, the word, ‘trigger’, will probably trigger some millenial paper cutout to burst into flaming flames, triggering another ‘fraidie cat to piss its pants, triggering a femi-Nazi to scream “Rape!”, triggering the men’s soccer team to run for the hills.

vnvet on May 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

You make it far too easy to just simply dismiss you.

NotCoach on May 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Don’t bad mouth a man’s horse.

Roy Rogers on May 9, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I just want to offend the hell out of that chick.

John the Libertarian on May 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Just hold the door open for her, that would probably send her over the edge.

tommer74 on May 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I bet you are a closet mattress tag puller

Roy Rogers on May 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM

“trigger warnings” – And, I thought this was going to be something about guns. I suspect mine are sneaking out at night and doing things, you know with their “triggers”. So, I thought the article was going to be some help with this. What a disappointment.

VALman on May 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM

The rest of the world is laughing their asses off at us…

PatriotRider on May 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM

He bowed to a Robot for God’s sake

Roy Rogers on May 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Happy Nomad on May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

So, I know what mean what you mean, dude?

But, ummm, UR triggering me now?

In all seriousness, I hate the way they tend phrase every sentence as a question. I also hate how many people nowadays start every response to a question with, “So… ”

It shivers me timbers!

ZeusGoose on May 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM

What lucky guy will land Bailey as a wife.

“Now that we’re married I should tell you all the things you’re not allowed to do, say, or think. I put them all in this convenient 225 page booklet, please acquaint yourself.”

Bishop on May 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM

@ Bish

that presupposes she’s seeking a male
[!!]

ABreitbart on May 9, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Bishop on May 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM

…and you are changing your last name to mine.

tommer74 on May 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Ha ha ha.

I don’t know what’s more pathetic – the idea that you actually believe this is about “consumer protection” or that you think we’ll believe it.

gwelf on May 9, 2014 at 3:28 PM

We have raised a generation of little puss!es.

It is not my responsibility to care about your sensitivity.

NotCoach on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

When
the global economic house of cards comes tumbling down, they will discover the government is no longer sensitve to their “triggers” … whether its harsh words, starvation, sickness, police brutality …

I will experience a overwhelming amount of sang froid when the universities and colleges promoting this nonsense decide to cut salaries and staff rather than to let their professors mooch off their greatly reduced endowments.

Every University President is a Robber Baron at heart.

PolAgnostic on May 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

No, dipstick you’re dead wrong and yes I don’t need the government to warn me about anything. What I need the government to do is kill every stinkin’ jihadi that’s out there trying to kill US citizens. What I need the government to do is secure the stinkin’ border. What I need the government to do is to stop targeting US citizens to punish them for their political views. Consumers that I know are perfectly capable of deciding what they want to eat, besides government warnings seem to be pretty much a bunch of BS that only total idiots like you would listen to anyway. If any of that offends you let me say from the bottom of my heart that I really, truly don’t give a siht. Oh, and as far as asbestos almost every friend I’ve got is an ex navy veteran. All of them and myself included spent thousands of hours in tight enclosed spaces filled to overflowing with asbestos. I and every other sailor in my field has literally handled powdered asbestos with bare hands and no respirators many many times. Neither I nor anyone I know has ever even met anyone who’s come down with mesothelioma. Go figure.

Oldnuke on May 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Do you remember Dale Evan’s horses name?

jmtham156 on May 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Buttermilk, I think.

True story: The Roy Rogers Museum used to be in Victorville, in the Antelope Valley, California, an hour or so north of Los Angeles, before the collection was moved to Branson, Missouri. (Sadly, that museum now also has closed, I understand.) I was visiting the museum in Victorville.

Trigger, Buttermilk, Bullet– and maybe Gabby Hayes, can’t remember– were all there, stuffed and mounted on display. I was staring, agape and somewhat dismayed, at Trigger, when a voice behind me asked, “So, what do you think?” I was just about to crack: “Wonder if they have Roy stuffed in here, too.” But I turned around first and there he was, standing in front of me and smiling right in my face: Roy Rogers himself.

A much older, more stooped and wizened Roy than I remembered from his “Happy Trails” days when I watching him on tv as a kid, and leathery-looking enough to be stuffed, but alive and smiling. I think I managed to stammer out, “Great museum!” or something to that effect. And it was: a remarkable tribute not simply to his and Dale’s careers, but their charitable works alone would fill another museum. More of a John Wayne western fan myself, but it was a great to meet Roy.

Don’t bad mouth a man’s horse.

Roy Rogers on May 9, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Never again, sir. Never again.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Forgot to tell you, Bailey, the new muslim student in your class is triggered to rage by women wearing cosmetics, showing any skin, and speaking without a man’s permission.

I’m sorry but you will either need to adapt or find another college to attend, thanks for being so understanding.

Bishop on May 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hey, stupid…

It’s called the “invisible hand” for a reason!

What part on i-n-v-i-s-i-b-l-e don’t you understand?

Let me “huess”, you need the warnings, because you’re an undereducated idiot who never learned how to spell or develop a cogent thought?

amirite?

Or rudum?

ZeusGoose on May 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Checked all my firearms and could not find one warning …
Bummer, Dude.

Another Drew on May 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Concern Trolling Trigger Warning:

This term “triggering” concerns me. Couldn’t it be a dog whistle for promoting the Second Amendment? How is this not different from Sarah Palin training the crosshairs on areas of the map?

This is a slippery slope indeed. I can’t believe Sarah Palin condones these trigger warnings.

/low-fo voter

brentspolemics on May 9, 2014 at 3:32 PM

BL@KBIRD on May 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

did you forget a sarc tag? i certainly hope so , that’s fighting close to hate speech that you posted there.

katee bayer on May 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Kuffar on May 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I suggest she take her trigger warnings to Syria or Nigeria and see how it goes.
In fact, I’d like to see the video….

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Gay dude, same for you. Change or leave.

Bishop on May 9, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I have never heard of this, hopefully I am not the only one. I actually thought it was going to be about gun control when I read the headline.

“WARNING!! WARNING!! I am going to pull the trigger!”

You know lefties will want something like that.

tommer74 on May 9, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Does that student in the red shirt have a trigger warning whenever she’s about to grow a new mole on her neck?

Hawkerflyer on May 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM

“WARNING!! WARNING!! I am going to pull the trigger!”

You know lefties will want something like that.

tommer74 on May 9, 2014 at 3:34 PM

There are some jackwads that already came pretty close to that on a couple of the gun and home invasion threads over the last couple of days.

Oldnuke on May 9, 2014 at 3:36 PM

oscarwilde on May 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM

It’s Google, so we should have expected this. They were evil from Day One.

slickwillie2001 on May 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Right up there with the presumed lawyer advocating free speech. Put a generic warning on all college admissions-you may be exposed to triggers.

College has relatively little purpose these days, but theoretically it does provide the opportunity to mature. That requires dealing with things that might be upsetting or offensive. If you can’t handle it, don’t go to college.

The natural requirement is not that the world adapts to you, it is that you adapt to the world.

talkingpoints on May 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Tlaloc on May 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Trigger warning: This post may offend those who are sensitive to stupidity.

DisneyFan on May 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM

What’s most interesting about these “trigger warnings” is the assumption that students are so conditioned to foam at the mouth, like Pavlovian dogs, over just about anything the left deems offensive, that they need to be warned that their leftist social and intellection conditioning… um… actually works on them.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM

TITANS ARE MY TRIGGER!!!

… though I’m probably the only one in the thread who watches the show, much less the parody.

Oh, and if you spend any amount of time watching this thing, language warning.

The Schaef on May 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM

After watching that video, and seeing posts from the likes of Tialoc, et. al., I’ve diagnosed myself with a new ‘disorder’:

Perusal of Idiotic Senseless Stupidity Disorder (PISS’D). Please contribute to helping me recover from this terrible disease by calling our toll-free number, BR-549 and contributing as little as 30 cents a day!

ZeusGoose on May 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM

What should trouble us most as a nation is that these are the thoughts floating around in the heads of our young, vibrant, educated “future leaders” of our Republic.

Browndog on May 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Hawkerflyer on May 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I think those may be her trigger buttons. Either that, or she’s a human paint-by-numbers kit.

If it weren’t for the moles, her annoying voice, and abject stupidity, she’d be pretty cute.

ZeusGoose on May 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Well said. Very well said.

KMC1 on May 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Yet they self label as “liberal.”

Proving once again that when someone constantly says they are something, they are not. See also; smart, tolerant, for minorities, for the poor, for the middle class, transparent,….

jukin3 on May 9, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Wearing flag t-shirts during the “5th of May” at a high school was considered “triggering” according to the Courts. So, there’s that–in case any of thought this is some psycho outlier.

Browndog on May 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Gabby Hayes was stuffed?

freedomfirst on May 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Oil Can on May 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Exactly, the beginning of the end started with the 60′s cultural revolution. I’ve been gathering source material and information on this very subject for about 2 years now to pen a book on it’s aftermath, the aftermath we are living and dealing with now.

Liberty or Death on May 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Remember this?

Dear Ms. Coulter,

I understand that you have been invited by University of Ottawa Campus Conservatives to speak at the University of Ottawa this coming Tuesday. We are, of course, always delighted to welcome speakers on our campus and hope that they will contribute positively to the meaningful exchange of ideas that is the hallmark of a great university campus. We have a great respect for freedom of expression in Canada, as well as on our campus, and view it as a fundamental freedom, as recognized by our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I would, however, like to inform you, or perhaps remind you, that our domestic laws, both provincial and federal, delineate freedom of expression (or “free speech”) in a manner that is somewhat different than the approach taken in the United States. I therefore encourage you to educate yourself, if need be, as to what is acceptable in Canada and to do so before your planned visit here. You will realize that Canadian law puts reasonable limits on the freedom of expression. For example, promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges. Outside of the criminal realm, Canadian defamation laws also limit freedom of expression and may differ somewhat from those to which you are accustomed. I therefore ask you, while you are a guest on our campus, to weigh your words with respect and civility in mind. There is a strong tradition in Canada, including at this University, of restraint, respect and consideration in expressing even provocative and controversial opinions and urge you to respect that Canadian tradition while on our campus. Hopefully, you will understand and agree that what may, at first glance, seem like unnecessary restrictions to freedom of expression do, in fact, lead not only to a more civilized discussion, but to a more meaningful, reasoned and intelligent one as well.
I hope you will enjoy your stay in our beautiful country, city and campus.

Sincerely,

François Houle.
—————
Vice-recteur aux études / Vice-President Academic and Provost
Université d’Ottawa / University of Ottawa
550, rue Cumberland Street
Ottawa (ON) K1N 6N5
téléphone / telephone : 613 562-5737
télécopieur / fax : 613 562-5103

^ We’re all Canadian now. :)

Buddy.

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM

“Professor, the Harlot Infidel woman next to me smells like bacon.”

“Dianne, tic-tac.”

“But Mr. Horn — ”

“tic-tac.”

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM

They have a perfect right to be offended.

They have a perfect right to get up and walk away.

They have no right to ask others to censor themselves or for any authority to censor speech for them.

We have lots of freedoms and you can exercise them to lead an insular, secluded and detached life, devoid of contact with reality.

I mean look at the trolls you get at this place… a more insular, detached and devoid of contact with the real world group you cannot find. I refuse to censor my speech to suit them.

I exercise civility towards all. Civility can, does and must include harsh, rude and even crude speech to make a point. Censor that and you have a society in decline and heading towards barbarism.

ajacksonian on May 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM

good LORD…

dpduq on May 9, 2014 at 4:17 PM

“Trigger warnings”

…. also known in Liberals as Emotional Bowel Movements.

Augustinian on May 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Man…what the F*&$King hell have be become…

PatriotRider on May 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

It’s not where we’re headed that’s amazing, since most of us knew where this was headed, but it’s the momentum it’s picked up since Obama was elected.

DFCtomm on May 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM

“I am the trigger warning.” — Walter White

JeremiahJohnson on May 9, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Do you remember Dale Evan’s horses name?

jmtham156 on May 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Buttermilk.

katy the mean old lady on May 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM

That was a key argument of Orwell’s in “Animal Farm,” as I recall.

Yeah, but “Animal Farm” was all about corporatism or something. Nothing to see here in this context. /

Midas on May 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM

^ We’re all Canadian now. :)

Buddy.B’ye

Axe on May 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM

katy the mean old lady on May 9, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I am surprised that right wingers are only now just catching on to this Trigger warning phenomenon.

I am a right winger, but I sometimes visit left wing sites, and I’ve been seeing liberals and feminists do this trigger warning stuff on their forums and blogs for about the past two years now.

Sometimes conservative Christian blogs, will, as a courtesy also issue trigger warnings, if they are posting about sexual abuse, which I don’t think is a bad thing.

I think it shows sensitivity to people who have really been victimized when used for that purpose, but as for secular sites of the feminist and liberal bent, I think they have run it into the ground, or they abuse the whole concept to the point they make it rather meaningless.

TigerPaw on May 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Sounds bossy.

Galtian on May 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I have it on good authority, “from the inside,” that the next advance will be incarceration for conservatives and climate change deniers. I’m not talking about the “trial then imprison” kind of incarceration, either. Any kid can point you out as a “climate truther” or a “non-progressive” and WHAM! the Kampus Kopz will haul you in to either hold for the Evaluation Squad or will just put you on a bus to the nearest Indoctrination Situation.
Any academic not participating will give up his or her ability to acquire Federal grant money for the rest of their lives… true story!

ExpressoBold on May 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

That’s odd…I thought Libs liked film “art” which depicted rape-especially of underage girls? Huh.

So, will I be warned when two male actors in a movie or TV show are about to make out, or are shown sleeping in the same bed together so not as to trigger my vomit reflex? Somehow, I don’t think so.

I just want to offend the hell out of that chick.

John the Libertarian on May 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Just hold the door open for her, that would probably send her over the edge.

tommer74 on May 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM

LOL

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 9, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Newest innovation in campus progressivism: “Trigger warnings”

There is a finger for that.

Bmore on May 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Bmore on May 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Huzzah!

Pretty soon we will all need to start wearing some identifying badges so that the Progs can properly round us up for the indoctrination training we so desperately need.

Hey, is it too late to create a new “victim” class – maybe we can turn the Progs on themselves.

Chuck Ef on May 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Fluke you, you pathetic little twerps. Yo’ mamma shoulda died before you were born.

Now, if I’ve offended you I’m just so terribly sorry. Now stop sucking your thumbs.

NOMOBO on May 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Don’t taze trigger me, bro!

Brat on May 9, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Awesome.

So now the words “trigger” and “warning” will mean as much as the words “racism” and “rape” do….

In other words, precisely NOTHING.

MistyLane on May 9, 2014 at 5:32 PM

College campus weenies can all go Fu$@k themselves.

TX-96 on May 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I demand to start receiving a “trigger warning” whenever some fascist liberal goes to open their vile, nasty mouths to spew more Marxist lies.

Meople on May 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Leftists took over University and College campuses, looted their accumulated social value and influence, and destroyed them like they’ve destroyed everything else they’ve taken over.

And so it goes.

Socratease on May 9, 2014 at 5:48 PM

That slap on your azz when you were born? THAT was your trigger warning, bish. Life ain’t fair – it sucks, then you die. That is the trigger warning your parents should have given you, and it should be the last trigger warning you ever needed. Now shut up and learn to live or go away – far, far away.

GWB on May 9, 2014 at 5:49 PM

White face, red neck, and blue denim jeans.

Trigger that.

davidk on May 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM

When I was in college 1977-1981 the number one main objective was to acquire pussy, not be turn into one.

Wallythedog on May 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Where were MY trigger warnings for “Bambi” and “Ol’ Yeller”?

Can I sue Walt Disney for the ‘trauma’ I remember now? Can I sue my dad in absentia for telling me, as we watched “Ol’ Yeller,” that the star of the movie never dies?

Oh, poor little pukey modern snowflakes…. how will they ever cope???

And to think it all began decades ago with abridging Grimm’s stories to “sensitive fairy tales” to shield the little ones from “trauma!”

Absurdity ad infinitum…et nauseum.

marybel on May 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM