Video: Detroit grandma wins shootout with two attackers

posted at 6:01 pm on May 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via Bob Owens at Bearing Arms, in a “better world” without concealed carry, they would have robbed her blind and maybe shot her in the face for good measure. Alas, in the fallen world in which we live, she took the chief’s advice and sent them to the hospital.

Would they have fired at her if they hadn’t seen her go for her gun first, though? Yep, she says. No doubt:

“Don’t pull it,” one of the men warned, she told WDIV.

He shot, putting four bullets in the 51-year-old woman, three of them lodging in her side and the other in her free hand.

She answered back with some choice words and a volley of gunfire, putting a bullet in each leg of one of the men…

“This is ludicrous, the way that they are just robbing and trying to take stuff from people, and killing people,” she told WDIV. “He didn’t shoot me because he felt that I was going to shoot him. He didn’t care. He just shot. He didn’t look like, ‘Oh my God I shouldn’t have.’ He just had the devil in him.”

Owens has an interesting analysis of the psychology of a gunfight. What tends to happen, especially once someone’s hit, is that they’ll wilt (sometimes literally) under the pressure and simply quit in order to stop the fight. Ainsworth took four hits and still kept coming. No wonder they call her “Rambo.”

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Of course you will because you value owning a gun over the lives of everyone around you.

Now explain to me why that doesn’t qualify you to be locked away as a sociopath? Seems like prima facie evidence frankly.

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Actually I value my life and right to self-defense… I’m sorry that you believe I should be killed in my home by robbers instead.

I’m not as big as some of the gang-bangers running around my area, and they outnumber me by a lot even if we’re all disarmed.

Why should “might make right” and they be allowed to kill me without me having any method of defense?

In your “perfect world” a man who is stronger should be allowed to rob, rape, and kill a woman without her having any useful options to defend herself… and I’m the sociopath?

If opposing that is evidence of my sociopathic tendencies; then I guess I’m a sociopath. Who knew that letting people defend themselves made you an evil psychotic; but letting criminals act without limitation was good and humane?

I missed the moral equivalency day when criminals should have better rights than non-criminals. I must have been out sick.

gekkobear on May 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:05 PM

gekkobear on May 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I have guns BECAUSE I value the lives of my family – especially over criminals.
My wife has guns, and I keep telling her to keep one out and handy while she’s at home during the day BECAUSE I value her life over the lives of criminals.
I expect Tlaloc does not have any guns, BECAUSE he values criminals’ lives over his family.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I call her Kimbo, awright mama.

jake49 on May 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Killing someone with a knife takes a hell of a lot more energy than killing with a gun. You think these idiot pissants would be running all over starting knife fights?

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

If you paid a little more attention to the world, you would already know that gun-free Merry Old England has an absolute plague of knife killings. But knowledge is hard, so keep taking it easy there, sport.

damage done on May 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

damage done on May 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Ya – good thing for that British soldier that the Muslim terrorists can’t get guns, and wouldn’t think of using a knife to kill someone…. oh, wait…. ahhh

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Ya – it would just be too hard to kill someone with a knife…

FBI, 2009 summary:
Murders total – 13636
Murders with handguns – 6452 (47.32%)
Murders with rifles – 348 (2.55%)
Murders with shotguns – 418 (3.07%)
Murders with unknown firearms – 1928 (14.14%)
Murder with knives or cutting instruments – 1825 (13.38%)
Murders with other weapons – 1864 (13.67%)
Murders with hands, fists, feet etc.. – 801 (5.87%)

Dumb@ss….

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

From the article:

Authorities say 18-year-old Marbury resident Mikel Steven Smith of Marbury was killed when he tried to force his way into a home overnight in the Booth community.

According to Autauga County Chief Deputy Joe Sedinger, Smith was armed with a knife when he tried to break into the home on County Road 81. Sedinger said the female homeowner feared for her safety, and for that of her niece, when she fired several shots at the intruder.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Nope – doesn’t happen….

A man brandishing a knife terrorized worshippers at a church here on Sunday before a member of the congregation shot him to death.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Nope – still doesn’t happen….

Knife-Wielding Home Intruder Meets Gun-Wielding Homeowner — It Didn’t End Well for One of Them

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

You come on a conservative website to…do what? Convince us we are all wrong? Really?

Nobody cares what you think. Go away and live in your unicorn farts and fairy dust world I suppose you live in. If you can’t understand why we have a second amendment, to protect us from criminals and tyrannical governments, then you deserve to live in a fantasy world.

Seriously.

Deckard BR on May 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

On the other hand, when victims are NOT armed:

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Again?

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Where are all these criminals getting the energy to attack unarmed victims with knives?

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

This

And she even used a 45! Bonus points for her! It’s a shame the two scumbags who attacked her lived.

alchemist19 on May 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I repeat until EVERYONE learns the steps:
Rules of the Gun Fight -
1) Don’t go
2) If you have to go, take a gun;
2a Take two guns
2b If you’re serious, take a rifle
3) Never take a NEW gun (duh?)
4) Take a BIG gun …
When a retired BP officer was asked why he carried a .45 his reply was: ‘Cause Colt doesn’t make a .50′

Missilengr on May 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Missilengr on May 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM

They do now – well, not sure about Colt – but quite a few others do.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Look at your argument from the other side.

Using a physical weapon requires physical strength, which limits who can use it, which in your view is good.

See now the gang-banger down the street can STILL rob and kill, but the elderly lady next door can’t defend herself; which is perfection… right?

Amazing how you keep pushing for a world where the weak, infirm, and disabled should never be free from violence against them and never given a chance.

There is a reason for the saying
“God made men, but Samuel Colt made them equal”.

I’m can see this offends you that the elderly, inform, and less physically strong are allowed to defend themselves.

I consider it a good thing; but I value their lives more than a criminal’s, and not less.

gekkobear on May 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM