Important message from white men: We suck and we’re sorry

posted at 7:21 pm on May 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via TheBlaze, I hope this clip impresses every last one of the progressive women it was meant to impress and that these dudes are duly rewarded. They went the extra mile. Let me be the first to say “Up twinkles.”

My one consolation in contemplating white male privilege is that the white men who dominate Democratic campaign staffs and lefty political media and all of the really glamorous activist jobs probably feel pretty bad about it. Not enough to quit or to do much to change it, but still.

Sierra Club? White male.

Nature Conservancy? White male.

League of Conservation Voters? White male.

World Wildlife Fund? White male.

Environmental Defense Fund? White male.

Friends of the Earth? White male.

National Audubon Society? White male.

Nature Conservancy? White male.

The very top of “Big Green” is as white and male as a Tea Party meet-up. It doesn’t look like change. It doesn’t even look like America. So is it any wonder environmental groups are having trouble connecting with the public on climate change? Corporate and conservative funding of climate denial is one thing, but it’s beyond past time for the leaders of this movement to look at how their choice in leadership is affecting their strategy and messaging.

Consider that privilege checked. Exit question: On a scale from one to 10, with straight white men representing absolute suckiness and gay minority women constituting a total absence of suck, where do white women rank? About an eight, right?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I LIKE white guysmen.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM

beta males, all of them

SoCalInfidel on May 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Those aren’t men

The Notorious G.O.P on May 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM

As the mother of a white son. I wish they’d shut up. Put up or shut up chumps. Not really crazy about my kid growing up to be a member of the most hated demographic.

earlgrey133 on May 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

That was satire – right? Right? If not, those ‘guys’ really DO suck.

vnvet on May 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Sorry but I doubt that those pajama boy Millenials are either straight or men.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I curse my white cisgendered male privilege!

myiq2xu on May 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Tsk, tsk, tsk, AP.

Get the lingo down.

It’s up Twinkies, not twinkles.

(tee hee)

wyntre on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

These guys do suck, no matter what color they are.

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Five Guys Named Nancy.

Jaibones on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I think this is poor satire. It’s only poor because it’s simply too close to the truth to distinguish that it’s satire.

DFCtomm on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Speak for yourself, Honkey.

turfmann on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I do not suck and I do not apologize.

My family has worked hard since coming over around the time of the Mayflower.

rbj on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

About an eight, right?

77% :)

Axe on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

This kind of incessant racist navel-gazing will only cease when you cowardly Americans finally elect a black President …

ShainS on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Five Guys Named Nancy.

Jaibones on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Do they have cajun fries there?

turfmann on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

They’re metrosexuals. Not necessarily gay, but open to it.
Metros.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Pajama boys

portlandon on May 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM

“I’m sorry for the oppression”

“I want reparations”

portlandon on May 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

This is demeaning, racist, anti-white propaganda.

The idea is to make white people (especially white straight men) feel guilty.

How often do we hear “bunch of old white guys” used in a derogatory fashion? All the time. This would never be considered acceptable for any other group.

bluegill on May 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I have NO … “white male” guilt … what-so-ever … period.
And further, I proclaim as loudly as ever … NO DEBT IS OWED !

listens2glenn on May 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

To me the real, but unintended, point of the video is that those guys can say perfectly reasonable stuff in the middle of the video (the junkie prostitute gets the kids cause she’s female – WTH?! — etc.), and they think by saying it in a dismissive or mocking way, that’s a real argument against it and the discussion should now be over. This is why it sounds like poorly executed satire.

Every single liberal I’ve ever met, without exception, argues this way and I used to get mad. Now I just laugh in their faces (sometimes acting like I’m trying not to. It may not give them any better discussion skills but it feels great, especially since it annoys them no end.

inviolet on May 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

DFCtomm on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Is it satire??

bluegill on May 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM

What on earth is less manly than a Lib dork? 5 Lib dorks.

HotAirian on May 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I refuse to apologize for who I am and my 20 years of serving this country in the U.S. Navy.

I refuse to apologize for my 23-year-old Uncle, who was killed in Italy in WWII.

I refuse to apologize for my first cousin who was a helicopter pilot, shot down over Cambodia, and paralyzed from the waist down.

I refuse to apologize for my relatives who fought and died in the Civil War, not defending slavery but because they saw a Union army invading their homes.

There, I said it.

TarheelBen on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Disappointed that were 30 comments in and no one’s taken the “Which one is Allah” shot, yet.

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I’m a straight white male. Middle class, looking to improve my family’s opportunities and potential. I employee and manage a very diverse group of people I think very highly of. They are diverse in ethnicity, gender, and orientation. They are all very good at what they do. I respect each of them highly.

I love my family, and I am going to school for my MBA 30+ hours a week above and beyond a 56-hour work week. The only thing I apologize for is not acting sooner to make a larger impact on the world. Each of the lefty morons in this video can take a number and kiss my a$$.

hungrymongo on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Is it satire??

bluegill on May 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM

It’s too close to today’s mainstream culture to tell exactly what it is, so we’ll have to wait to hear about the producer(s) intentions.

DFCtomm on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Only thing privileged in that dudes medicine cabinet is his hair brush.

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

earlgrey133 on May 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

I think it’s more insidious than that. If there really is the kind of privilege for white males, what does that say about blacks and Hispanics? Nevermind affirmative action quotas for education, these pajama boys are suggesting that blacks and Hispanics can’t make their place in the world on ability. The black barrista working next to these “men” at the local Starbucks has to work harder for the same thing and instead of calling management on it they stay silent????

Not long ago I overheard a fascinating conversation between two white clerks at a store I was shopping. The first talked about how hard a third person had it growing up black. One of the two sniffed and said “well, I think I know something about that.” In other words he threw down the gay card to differentiate himself from straight whites.

Bottom line here- there is really one oppressed group in 2014 America. Straight white Southern males. None of the pajama boys in this video qualify.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I bet all these guys..

live in an apartment and have a cat..

Just sayin’

Electrongod on May 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Important message from leftist white men: We suck and we’re sorry

There you go…

22044 on May 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

There, I said it.
TarheelBen on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I will never apologize for being white. If anyone doesn’t like it, they can kiss my you know what. How dare they try to pass off this blatant attack on people of a particular skin color as some kind of “support for equality.”

bluegill on May 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Good grief. Just be a goddamn man and quit apologizing.

Besides, nobody takes seriously any man who doesn’t demonstrate any semblance of manliness.

BacaDog on May 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

LOLOLOLOL

Bad satire or epic progressive fail?

Rational Thought on May 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Not discriminated against? Huh, tell that to my bro who had a heck of a time finding a Med School despite his above average grades/scores/volunteer work, or to my college’s law school where minority students admitted had worse GPA scores and LSAT scores because the school had quotas it wanted to meet. And know my college wasn’t alone in such things. But this post probably makes me racist now or something.

I’m white, I’m here, get used to it! And get some sunscreen too cause it’s summer time and I’m also fairly pale…

nextgen_repub on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

They’re metrosexuals. Not necessarily gay, but open to it.
Metros.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I’m stepping away from the keyboard!

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Watch this short video, it explains this recent fad and why its growing.

Scottie on May 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

The four white dudes featured (acted by Matt Braunsdorf, Jack Wilkinson, Ronnie Fleming and Tory Smith) apologize…

The video is written and produced by Stephen Parkhurst, whose apology on behalf of Gen Y, “Millennials: We Suck And We’re Sorry” went viral last year.

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Well, I must say- that was mighty white of them!

M240H on May 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

T

hey’re metrosexuals. Not necessarily gay, but open to it.
Metros.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I’m stepping away from the keyboard!

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Metrosexual the uncloseting!

DFCtomm on May 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

So gay.

Pork-Chop on May 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM

They’re metrosexuals. Not necessarily gay, but open to it.
Metros.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Dang. That there should be the official Webster’s definition for metrosexual. Well done sir.

BacaDog on May 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM

hungrymongo on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Wow! I bet your license plate is H8er. :0

Seriously, in 2014 the world that those pajama boys claim exist really does not. If anything, culture and the law force white males have to go out of their way to prove that they support diversity be it race, gender, and the everchanging stew of letters that sort out non-straights.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Okay. Now it’s the REAL men’s turn to speak.

Life’s hard; it’s harder when you’re stupid.
– John Wayne

My collie says:

The boys in that video? Yup. Stupid. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

CyberCipher on May 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Heh.

Wish I’d thought of that … ;-)

ShainS on May 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Tsk, tsk, tsk, AP.

Get the lingo down.

It’s up Twinkies, not twinkles.

(tee hee)

wyntre on May 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

That was deemed to never be when Twinkies came back in nonunion bakeries (this after the unions killed Hostess).

Steve Eggleston on May 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I can’t express how much I hate this.
I’m sorry, guys, this is so unfair.
(Even to those of you who would still have sex with Mary Landrieu.)

vityas on May 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

These guys join all of those groups to meet chicks and then find out the females are all named Butch!

Vince on May 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

That’s because there is a world of difference between beta and metro.

Steve Eggleston on May 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Important message from leftist white men: We suck and we’re sorry

Exactly. That’s the leftist white elitist thing. To wallow in the notion that white people (and our own country etc) are bad. But this is the way for them to differentiate themselves as superior to the rest of the whites, they are the chosen few. The other whites, they are the hoi polloi, the white trash.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

When these guys were told to ‘check their privilege’ they checked it up their butts and have been sitting on it since. And they’re all liberal coasters, that’s why they suck.

Willys on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I will never apologize for being a white, gay male who opposses affirmative action, Marxism, and many other things pushed by academia these days. If you don’t like it, you can KMA.

DisneyFan on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Goodness — too much beta male going on there. That’s just awful.

Conservchik on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

A message from a Hispanic female: I don’t give a crap liberal white males.

Get a job.

terryannonline on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I do not suck and I do not apologize.

My family has worked hard since coming over around the time of the Mayflower.

rbj on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Direct decendant of original signer of the Mayflower Pact, William White here, through his son Resolved.

sumpnz on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

That’s because there is a world of difference between beta and metro.

Steve Eggleston on May 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

A U-turn? Chuckle!

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

That was painful to watch.

Revenant on May 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Message from a Hispanic female: Que pendejos.

terryannonline on May 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Posted this on the video:

Straight White Dudes: Adopted Slavery from Tribalist African Nations, then abolished It for being barbaric and inhumane.
Tribalist African Nations: Still practicing slavery, except the ones Straight White Dudes colonized.

Don’t check your privilege, check your history!

BKennedy on May 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Never thought I would utter these words, but in this case I have to quote Lady Gaga… I was born this way! Not a plus, not a minus… it just is what it is. I refuse to take responsibility for any “sins” against anyone I did not personal commit.

NiteOwl on May 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

That message didn’t represent me, doesn’t speak for me.
I’m white, straight, and am not apologizing for anything.
I got to where I am today without needing race-based anything.
What crap!!

majorzot on May 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Doh, personally.

NiteOwl on May 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I thought this was satire. I sure hope it was, although it does look a little too much as though they mean it.

I do not suck and I do not apologize.

My family has worked hard since coming over around the time of the Mayflower.

rbj on May 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Same here.

Kevin K. on May 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

nextgen_repub on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Yep, affirmative action is straight up racism. Unqualified Blacks and Latinos and “Native Americans” can get in with much lower grades and test scores. Whites and Asians are held to a much higher standard.

bluegill on May 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

These boys should get what they most deserve most in life. Celibacy.

Oh, and if they want to get stopped and frisked on the subway, all they have to do is show up and stop people and start reciting this drivel to them. I’m sure they’ll be exposed to many of the experiences they seem to feel are lacking in their lives right on the spot.

As a matter of fact, leaving their comfortable little neighborhoods and getting out in the real world at all might go along way to expanding their experience.

thatsafactjack on May 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I’m not sorry about shit.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM

nextgen_repub on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Life ain’t fair. I use my resources/contacts when needed to give my kids a leg-up. What they do with it is their choice. Again, life ain’t fair.

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

sumpnz on May 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hello former neighbor! My family was Bradford.

Kevin K. on May 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Well, anyway. I like being a white man, and I’m not going to allow anyone to make me feel embarrassed about myself or make me feel smaller, so — you know. P!ss off, basically. Etc.

PS: There are books you can read to help you with the physics problem.

Axe on May 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I’m not sorry about shit.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Oh come on….you really wanted to fly something faster. Hey, good to see you Hawk.

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Beyond parody.

rdbrewer on May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

They’re metrosexuals. Not necessarily gay, but open to it.
Metros.

anotherJoe on May 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

No, no. Not dressed well enough to be queer. They are what we called fems. Effeminate, sissy, straight guys. They hang around with bossy women who need a eunuch to do chores. Hillary types.

Jaibones on May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

A million year from now the losers will keep complaining about the White Men and attribute every ill under the sun the White Men… A million year from now the White Men will still by far the most dominant power on every level as they have always been…

In 2012 Romney won the White Men vote in 46 states and the won the White vote (men and women) in 40 states… And there is nothing that frustrates liberal more then losing the white vote both white men and white women and they know that they can never win this vote again…

mnjg on May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Axe on May 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Speaks the man who pees in the dark! Maybe I should only post on QOTD?

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Actually, as a group, it’s black men who suck. Young black men have a violent crime rate 14 times that of young white men. That’s not a misprint – it’s not 14% higher, it’s a staggering 14 times higher!! As to racial privilege, aka “affirmative action” that’s all to blacks too. If you are black, you can have an IQ 20 points lower than if you are white or Asian and still get into medical school, plus you are carried if you are at all carryable.

VorDaj on May 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Not sure what I just saw…..

KCB on May 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Jaibones on May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

OMG! That is so true. I bet they hold their girlfriends’ purse while she shops.

terryannonline on May 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Jackie Gleason summed it up in Smokey and the Bandit…….

“There’s no way, no Way you came from my loins, boy. First thing I’m gonna do when I get home is bust your mama in the mouth”!

BacaDog on May 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Not that any of these pajama boys would recognize the reference but “free, white, and twenty-one” used to be a common saying. My home was built in the 1940s for whites only. Even the schools were segregated here until the 1960s and I live within sight of the Washington Monument and the US Capitol dome.

But these pajama boys didn’t grow up in that world. So, I’ve got to say if these boys are clueless, it isn’t because of white privilege but because they are morons. The one didn’t get into MIT because his grades sucked. They all don’t care about others not because they got the right combination of race, gender, and sexual orientation but because they are heartless morons.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Important message from this Texan…

I will not subscribe to or promote this fad called White Patriarchal Guilt.

God Bless Texas!

workingclass artist on May 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I thought the term “men” was now forbidden? Totally 1940s or something. They should just refer to themselves as white privileged sapiens. Have to leave out “homo” next to sapiens, can’t afford to offend anyone.

LaughterJones on May 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM

VorDaj on May 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Yea, but that black dude with the 20 point lower IQ still has done something I ain’t done; so I’m not casting stones. Med school ain’t easy…even if you are “carried”. Dude, life ain’t fair. Geez! Well, I ain’t done so bad so maybe I see things differently.

I do like ain’t.

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

VorDaj on May 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Absolutely correct… The white liberal men know this very well and they want to keep it this way for ever. They want to keep the black men and women badly addicted on the welfare state, broken families, 70% out of wedlock birth, crimes and drug infested, so in return blacks vote the white liberal men into power…

mnjg on May 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I’m reminded of how much we suck every time I look up at the Moon.

Wisdom_of_Homer on May 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I thought the term “men” was now forbidden?

LaughterJones on May 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM

. . . “Outie-American”?

Axe on May 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Some people are more susceptible to brainwashing than others…

Fallon on May 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I’m not the least bit sorry for my white privilege.

I was privileged enough to know that after high school, I’d have to work for everything I got. I had no illusions about government handouts. I worked and went to college, got drafted and sent to ‘Nam, and then finished my degree… debt free.

After graduation, I was privileged enough to work salaried or commissioned jobs where working 40 hrs a week was rare. Instead I worked until my assignment was done or I’d hit my quota, but I made good money.

I suspect that my tale of white privilege is not unique.

WestTexasBirdDog on May 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM

You’re a COMPLETE, VALUELESS ASS!!

YOU are a WASTE OF SKIN!!

YOU are a WASTE OF $160.00!!!

“The results – Just what is a body worth?

Summing up all the amounts in the Value column, we come to a grand total of just over $160.

You’d better keep eating those bananas!*”

williamg on May 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Methinks they doth protest too much.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Oh – AND you’re a RACIST BIGOT!!

williamg on May 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

My family was Bradford.

Kevin K. on May 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Direct line?

When I was at Colonial Williamsburg a few months ago the guide at the Governor’s Palace told us about Patrick Henry. Over the course of his life he survived multiple wives and had something like 23 children (who were apparently breeding machines). Visitors to Williamsburg will proudly declare their lineage only to be crestfallen to find out that it isn’t as big thing as they think.

Besides “my people” were already in Virginia before the Mayflower missed the mark and ended up in MA. ;0

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Each of these guys needs a beating. God help any sons they may have.

Any American trying to do his or her best with what God gave them is my equal. But any consciously illiterate American–and any illegal immigrant–who sponges off unrelated Americans is not my equal.

BuckeyeSam on May 8, 2014 at 8:20 PM

The state of black culture in America:
Baby Mamas In Tag-Team Taser Assault Of Daddy

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM

HonestLib on May 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

So, the fact that life ain’t fair justifies institutional racism? We just accept it and dismiss it?

Same for genocides?

You’re also not doing your kids any favors, teaching them by example that politics and using others as means to your own ends trumps effort and individual achievement …

ShainS on May 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Winningist culture in the world.

Murphy9 on May 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Bite me. I’m white. I’m don’t suck and I ain’t sorry for $hit.

307wolverine on May 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

That’s because there is a world of difference between beta and metro.

Steve Eggleston on May 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM

“Metro” is so passe. You crazy heteros…always lagging a few years behind in fashion, music, and catch-phrases. ;)

JetBoy on May 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

ShainS on May 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM

What genocides?

The only ‘institutional racism’ that I see today is affirmative action, which dictates preference be given people based on their race or ethnicity.

If you are speaking of the past, therein lies your problem. This generation has done nothing to warrant these charges.

thatsafactjack on May 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM