Important message from white men: We suck and we’re sorry

posted at 7:21 pm on May 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via TheBlaze, I hope this clip impresses every last one of the progressive women it was meant to impress and that these dudes are duly rewarded. They went the extra mile. Let me be the first to say “Up twinkles.”

My one consolation in contemplating white male privilege is that the white men who dominate Democratic campaign staffs and lefty political media and all of the really glamorous activist jobs probably feel pretty bad about it. Not enough to quit or to do much to change it, but still.

Sierra Club? White male.

Nature Conservancy? White male.

League of Conservation Voters? White male.

World Wildlife Fund? White male.

Environmental Defense Fund? White male.

Friends of the Earth? White male.

National Audubon Society? White male.

Nature Conservancy? White male.

The very top of “Big Green” is as white and male as a Tea Party meet-up. It doesn’t look like change. It doesn’t even look like America. So is it any wonder environmental groups are having trouble connecting with the public on climate change? Corporate and conservative funding of climate denial is one thing, but it’s beyond past time for the leaders of this movement to look at how their choice in leadership is affecting their strategy and messaging.

Consider that privilege checked. Exit question: On a scale from one to 10, with straight white men representing absolute suckiness and gay minority women constituting a total absence of suck, where do white women rank? About an eight, right?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Meow. They suck and they’re sorry.

Bmore on May 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I suppose to some weak, desperate and logically challenged males of pallor, apologizing for things you haven’t done is in style of late.

If knuckling under to some idiotic PC peer pressure to feel guilty for having been born a straight white male makes them feel “enlightened” and like maybe that cute girl you check out as she buys organic incense at Whole foods will let you get close to her – knock yourself out.

In fact – now that I think of it – just do us a favor and knock yourself out either way, you pusillanimous neuter.

“…how easy it is to be a while male…”

Where does that line form? Where is the window where they hand out all the good stuff for no effort?

Yeah, there isn’t one. While the occasional trust fundie gets a great job at daddy’s company, most successful people are at their job working to earn what they have. It wasn’t handed to them – they didn’t get admitted to college after the admissions team read “oooh, white kid – LET HIM IN!” and no hiring manager said “ah, just hire the white dude, as long as he’s not a poof.” Shut up, morons, you’re just embarrassing yourselves and are too brainwashed to realize it.

Just like there’s not some systematic machine trying to hold down minorities and women because….well because screw them I guess? There’s also no special “VIP lane” for white guys where it’s all handed to us like the Swag celebrities get at any of the hundreds of awards shows they attend.

I’m sure it makes you feel better to whine about how you aren’t in a better place because “the man’s keepin’ me down”, but that’s not the case. If you have limitations, they’re keeping you down. I think it was Stephen Biko who said “The most powerful tool of the oppressor is the oppressed mind.” He was right – and the race and gender pimps are doing a great job of instilling that victim/oppressed mentality. After all – those jobs getting people riled up about class warfare and race baiting don’t just grow on trees.

Oh, and that chick from Whole Foods? She’s still not going out with you. She can’t stand weak little boys who apologize for being alive.

RDuke on May 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Asians consistently do better than whites, according to all sorts of metrics. So do Jews, when Jews are sorted out from other whites. (And, from time to time, they sort themselves out.) Yet academia, the mass media, the law and doctrinaire liberals keep talking as though whites had some fantasy “privilege” that gave them the best of everything.

It helps to have a “minority” ticket, and a “community” that looks out for you, and straight white males have neither. Socially, politically and legally, straight white are the one group above all that are not allowed to organize for group pride and mutual support, within an increasingly collectivist and racialized system.

In trying to get a good education and in seeking jobs, overall, straight white male is the least preferred category, because of the pressure to hire minorities. (This was confirmed in testimony in some university fight about students taking every opportunity or excuse to classify themselves in some other way than “white”.)

And of course, straight white males are “acceptable targets” for mass media denigration and demonization in ways that other groups are not.

ANTI-WHITE. It’s a reality.

David Blue on May 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Ya know what would have made that video a whole lot better? If, instead of a bunch of feminized, hipster dweebs, they had white guys who were steelworkers, or working the auto assembly line, or stringing high-tension electric cables, or working on the offshore oil platforms, or farmers, or fishermen. You know, the guys working the jobs that built middle-class America.

potkas7 on May 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM

You’re right. I happen to think the thing is satire, but your approach would have made it obvious– less ambivalent and more obviously absurd. Just imagine the men described above saying exactly the same lines spoken by the actors in the video, and the comic juxtaposition between the accomplished and self-confident speakers and their absurd lefty self-loathings could not be more pronounced. As it is, the young urban actors who in real life might very well be self-loathing lefties, can’t quite bring it off, to judge from the reactions on this thread.

Yep, that would make the video a whole lot better but, of course, if they had used the kind of white guys I suggest, that video wouldn’t get made at all.

It ought to be made. But it would come in for a LOT more criticism from the left than this one is getting. If I had to guess the target audience for this one, it’s the trendy maybe lefty privileged white urban males who look and and act like the actors portraying them in the video– who, after viewing which, are probably feeling a little uncomfortable about themselves. Because those video characters are cringe-worthy.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

White male grievance politics is hilarious. They can’t point to any statistical metrics which suggest they are in anyway disadvantaged in our society, only anecdotes (I didn’t get into school and I am pretty sure I should have) or just a vague feeling “someone is suggesting that I didn’t earn this, and that hurts.” And when white male grievers actually point to dara, as in Allah’s post, they only prove the critique. So white men dominate the Democrat and Republican party? They dominate far lefty groups and tea party groups? Wow, you don’t say. So in order to prove that white male grievance politics are legitimate, you point out that…white men are in control of nearly every visible form of American political formation. Good job there! Pointing out that progressives are hypocrites doesn’t actually disprove the existence of white male privilege, it only proves that Democrats and progressives are hypocrites about it. And on that point, you’ll get NO argument from me.

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Put away your black affirmative action privilege.

slickwillie2001 on May 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

For those who missed his previous effort, here’s director Stephen Parkhurst’s:

Millenials: We Such and We’re Sorry

First of a satirical “We Suck and We’re Sorry” series, evidently.

In the White Guys: We Suck and We’re Sorry video, Stephen Parkhurst plays the bearded dude at the computer.

And here’s an interesting link to what Parkhurst has been up to in his “real” life:

Help Matthew & Ruby Nichols.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM

One day I’ll try proofreading:

Millenials: We Such Suck and We’re Sorry.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Tell me, what are the actual privileges white males supposedly get?
I’m curious since I don’t see that I ever got any of them, so I’d to have them now.
My parents weren’t slave owners and didn’t have servants – lower middle class their whole lives. My dad retired from government civil service as a GS-9 after 31 years – much of it in outposts in Alaska and out to sea.
I worked my @ss off in part time jobs, mostly on farms, from the time I was about 10 through (public) high school. I also worked my @ss off to get good grades and achieve some success in athletics and other activities, and get good SAT scores, to get into one of the military academies – where I had to work my @ss off 16 hours a day for 4 years to graduate and go into the Air Force. So please tell me what part of that was “white male privilege”.

And as for black disadvantage – which means blacks can’t possibly get ahead because of “the system” or “the man”, I’d suggest the following prove that doesn’t exist either: Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, General Chappie James, Spike Lee, Michael Jordan, James Earl Jones, Danny Glover, EVERY black professional athlete, EVERY successful black entertainer, and on and on.

If black disadvantage and racism were responsible for keeping black people down – NONE of those people could possibley have ever been successful – and yet they did.
And likewise, if white male privilege really exists – then EVERY white male, myself included, SHOULD be rich and living like kings – and yet we’re not.

The facts don’t support any of your racist race-baiting whiny garbage.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

The stats work for you to justify your racism against whites as being harmless because you use the whites who actually do have privilege (like the Kennedy’s) to stack the deck against the whites who do not.

Since it is only a ‘small’ number of whites (and Asians) who actually get directly screwed in college entry and hiring by the institutional racism you support, the outrage is kept muted. That doesn’t make the racism any less real. And the institutional racism against promoting whites has been much more pervasive and has affected far more people.

And then you poke fun at the ‘losers’ complaining about the racism.

You, yes YOU, have directly created the justification for the next wave of racism that goes the other way, you destructive dumbass.

“The races can’t live together. You can’t trust the damned [racial epithet] and their race traitor friends to ever go for color blind! They don’t want ‘fair.’ Just look what happened when they got the upper hand!”

And they are RIGHT. People like you are even more odious than the likes of George Wallace. You are HYPOCRITES.

The principle matters, or it does not. You are a f…… racist.

fadetogray on May 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I don’t know – I didn’t get satire – so if that’s how it was intended, they didn’t do a good job.
It came across to me more like a group of pajamaboys – real libtard beta white male guilt trip – PLEASE spank me, I’m soooo bad….

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:38 AM

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

And keep in mind that the children of all of those oppressed blacks you just named get entry and hiring advantage over your children because, like, they are oppressed and your kids are privileged.

fadetogray on May 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM

To be blunt, I’m sorry liberal white men are a collective group of beta males who are ashamed of their own genetic makeup. Speak for yourselves, you guilt-ridden pansies.

Polish Rifle on May 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Maybe it’s a matter of the filmmaker wanting his cake and eating it, too. By which I mean, Stephen Parkhurst is a young privileged urban white male simultaneously mouthing all the PC platitudes about privileged white males while simultaneously (and very cautiously) mocking them. Isn’t the millennial generation supposed to be all about “detached irony”? So we get “detached self-irony.” Or something. His satire (and inherent liberal bias) is much more apparent in his first effort, Millenials: We Suck and We’re Sorry (see a titling trend there?)

Also, consider his working limitations. Like most young filmmakers, he has to use his actor-friends, all in the same demographic that he is: and they do all look like (and possibly are) real libtard beta white males. But first, they’re actors. That should be obvious. And as potkas7 at 9:00 AM pointed out earlier, his satire would have been much more obvious (and possibly fatal to his career) if he’s been able to hire rugged alpha types to play oil riggers and farmers and cowboys and Marines. But I doubt he knows any, and certainly couldn’t afford the actors to play them. And possibly he wouldn’t have the artistic imagination or desire to pull it off. He is a millennial, after all. He’s also got a very serious side.

Anyway, that’s been my take and I’ll stop repeating it.

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM

fadetogray on May 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Ya – no shiite. I’m gonna be paying for my son’s (state) college education for another 10 years – but because someone like Will Smith is “oppressed” – his kids get an automatic into Harvard – and he can pay cash out of his pocket for the whole thing.

OK – caveat needed here – Nothing against Will Smith personally though – I’ve heard from people who have done business with him (construction types) that he’s a REALLY good guy and takes very good care of the people who work for him.

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM

LMFAO!!!!!! How did I forget about up twinkles and down twinkles???

dip it in cider on May 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM

One day I’ll try proofreading:

de rigueur on May 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Often over-rated.

(Says the guy who needs to do it more and more–darn computer keyboards.)

Kevin K. on May 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM

These people really need to get jobs.

Whitey Ford on May 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM

What a bunch of pussies. Roll over and die you idiots.

Duna on May 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM

White male privilege is awesome.
I have the privilege of hauling my ass out of bed and going to work to pay taxes to help support people who don’t.
I have the privilege of having idiots think I have had everything easy because of my race and gender while they use theirs as an excuse.
I have the privilege of hearing how I have somehow victimized someone because someone who isn’t involved in the conversation did something bad to someone else who isn’t involved in the conversation dozens or hundreds of years ago.

V7_Sport on May 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

V7_Sport on May 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Dang – you jus livin’ the good life, aintcha?
Ya – me too.
All this privilege that allows me to go to work every day and figure out how to pay my bills from paycheck to paycheck – while other oppressed people are forced to stay home all day and forced to take a gubmint check to pay for everything….

I’ve also had many years of the privilege of working 60 and 70 hours a week, sometimes 12 to 14 hours a day…

And my privileged white sons have the same easy livin’ right now too – one at Enterprise working 12 to 14 hours a day 6 days a week, and the other at a restaurant working 12 hours a day 6 days a week….

dentarthurdent on May 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I don’t even apologize for being a pain-in-the backside. That’s something I can control. Why would I apologize for being a Caucasian male over which I had no control?

VALman on May 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM

A white man just can’t catch a break.

Mason on May 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM

“…how easy it is to be a while male…”

RDuke on May 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM

The whole argument in favor of “white privilege” basically rejects classical liberalism in favor of a view of society as tribally-based, with one tribe on top. Creeps like “libfreeandie” love this racist, bigoted ideology and merely want to be the perceived beneficiaries of same.

ebrown2 on May 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Of course making a claim based on the color of someone’s skin isn’t racist at all…if you’re a Democrat…

Carolynp on May 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I’m white, male, and I don’t suck and am not sorry.

NoPain on May 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM

ebrown2 on May 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Creeps like Libby are all for it because they make a comfortable living from teaching worthless racial grievance classes.

slickwillie2001 on May 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM

If you are a white female conservative such as me, you are considered a traitor.

The left only accepts liberal/ progressive/ atheist/ Democrat voting white women.

If you’re right wing, a Sarah Palin, they hate you. It’s not enough to be a woman, you gotta be the “right kind” of woman (eg, Democrat, hyper feminist, hate Christians, be a liberal etc)

TigerPaw on May 9, 2014 at 4:58 PM

White face, red neck, and blue denim jeans.

davidk on May 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM

The Youtube comments on that video are possibly the greatest thing ever. Weekend = made.

JeremiahJohnson on May 9, 2014 at 5:46 PM

To everyone who is worried if people want an apology, we don’t: http://www.thenation.com/blog/179675/no-one-cares-if-you-never-apologize-your-white-male-privilege

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Which is good. Cause I don’t owe you jack shyt

WryTrvllr on May 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Which is good. Cause I don’t owe you jack shyt

WryTrvllr on May 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM

To ALL ‘descendents of slaves’ who are conducting political activism on the pretense that the descendents of European immigrants owe ANY kind of “debt” to you :
NODEBTISOWED
I ain’t got no “white guilt”, shame, or condemnation over the mistreatment that your ancestors suffered, at the hands of pre- and early American “white” folk … first as captives within the ‘holds’ of slave trading sea vessels, then as slaves, and later by post-Civil War “Jim Crow” laws, and the KKK.
But apparently some of my fellow “melanin-deficient” Americans do suffer from this guilt, because they seem to be constantly going out of their way to apologize for all of “white” America.

Well, not me.

listens2glenn on May 9, 2014 at 10:20 PM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Good lord this is a stupid point. Of course people relate to things anecdotally and not statistically. If I lose my job, I’m supposed to be comforted because on average white males are less likely to get fired? If I don’t get accepted to college, I should be heartened because many of my white brethen do get into college?

Of course, just more double standards from you. We can’t use crime statistics to talk about the black community because people aren’t statistics, but white people should just shut up even if their life is in the crapper because on average white people are doing well. Hilarious.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 10, 2014 at 3:51 AM

So if I don’t get into medical school and a black applicant does, he’s simply better than me, and I’m making excuses for my own failings.

But when I show that I scored higher on the SAT, ACT, MCAT, GRE, and the Stanford-Binet just for the hell of it, it’s only because standardized testing is racist or something.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

You must hate white men. Bigot.

zoyclem on May 10, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Since white males had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of this country, we should feel privileged and grateful that everybody else graciously still allows us to exist here. Thanks, folks!!!!!

MaiDee on May 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Bite me, dorks. From henceforth, this comment shall be recorded thusly: BMD.

S. D. on May 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM

CyberCipher on May 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

The collie’s right. Make that BMSD.

S. D. on May 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM

The vid is BS. So is the president who got all of this BS rolling in the first place.

Still, this clip really wanted for the PJs boy, but I guess he is still in hiding at Romney’s retreat in CA on da beach.

Sherman1864 on May 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM