Gallup: Republican support for tea party down to 41%

posted at 4:01 pm on May 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Four years ago it was 61 percent. I had a theory to explain the most recent drop when I started reading the poll, but now that I’ve looked at the trends over time, it just doesn’t hold up. I thought this new low was a reaction to the shutdown last fall; the first big dip in tea-party popularity came after the first debt-ceiling standoff in 2011, after all, so it would stand to reason that a new economic disruption would drive the numbers down further. Ted Cruz was on camera throughout the process promoting “defund” so tea partiers are bearing the brunt of the backlash.

Does this graph bear that out, though?

gal1

If the backlash was being driven by the shutdown, we should have seen the spike in opposition start last fall. In reality, opposition to the tea party declined a few points between September and December of last year. (On the other hand, the tea party’s favorable rating reached its lowest point yet during that span.) Another mystery: As of last September, 52 percent of Democrats opposed the tea party. As of today … 49 percent do. That number definitely should have risen, not fallen, if this was related to the shutdown.

But wait. If Democratic opposition is down since September, how is total public opposition up? Here’s a potential clue.

gal2

Moderate/liberal Republicans are split nearly evenly, with opposition among that group exceeding even opposition among independents. That is to say, what you may be seeing in the new numbers is a deepening of GOP ideological divisions, not any broader knee-jerk reaction to the shutdown among the wider population. Which, actually, makes sense: We’re on the cusp of a nasty primary season, with Mitch McConnell a prime target of the right, and we’ve spent the past six months with conservatives and establishmentarians at each other’s throats over immigration. Boehner’s been openly scornful of outside conservative groups; meanwhile, those same groups, along with establishment Super PACs, are spending tons of money trying to beat each other. (Check the graphs at the last link and you’ll see, contra Palin, just how much of an “us and them” attitude there is among groups on both sides.) Go figure that all of this would trigger a small but meaningful backlash to the tea party among centrist Republicans, enough to move the needle on overall public opposition a few points. If I’m right, then opposition will dip again once we’re past the primaries and focused on beating Democrats in the midterms. Stay tuned.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Tea party support for the GOPe down to 10%.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

T axed
E nough
A lready

Party, no Boehner, lest you forget, dummies.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

#BringOurRinosHome

Too soon?

Fallon on May 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM

That McConnell picture is scary.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM

And, it’s amazing what the threat of an IRS audit will do to some people…

Fallon on May 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Frankly I’m surprised its that high. Not enough money spent against us yet I suppose. Spend more!

Bmore on May 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

joana wants to know why it’s so high.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Rove and his Wall Street fat cat cronies will make sure that number keeps shrinking.

Murphy9 on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Yeah of course. The RINOS instead of trying to adapt and go back right, have taken the stance like Reid has, and bash the heck out of the TEA party due to the fact that the TP threaten the very gravy train that the RINOS love so much.

watertown on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Allah – it’s the Chamber of Commerce/Bush Prog crowd.

Just look at The Five. Maybe Gutfeld supports them, but only on certain issues.

budfox on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Don’t forget

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Just curious – have there been any polls to see how well regarded the car poopers are among Democrats?

crrr6 on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Gallup: Republican support for tea party down to 41%

And Allahpundit and Ed do the Snoopy happy Dance…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

joana wants to know why it’s so high.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

You know that she’s Jeantel.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

joana wants to know why it’s so high.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

You know that she’s Jeantel.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

It might be Jeantel, but it certainly is not Genteel…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I’m surprised she isn’t riding high on this thread already.

This has joana “click bait” written all over it.

lineholder on May 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

HotAir is pleased.

reddevil on May 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

People were angry in 2009-10. They’re still angry. The anger hasn’t gone anywhere.

For the first time in my life, I’m looking at a ‘protest’ vote against my amnesty supporting Repub Representative. Whether I vote for the R in 2016 will depend their nominee. I’m not a reliable R vote anymore.

LilyBart on May 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

And, it’s amazing what the threat of an IRS audit will do to some people…

Fallon on May 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Uh, ya – chances of getting audited 10 times higher if you donate to TEA Party – and number of people who identify as TEA Party goes down….
Coincidence I’m sure….

dentarthurdent on May 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Whatever that means.

rickv404 on May 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

The Tea Party is a sleeping giant. Always has been. Always will be. It is composed of folks who go to work every day, have families, have lives. But every once in awhile, the political class does something that fills them with a terrible resolve.

Rational Thought on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Public opinion polls and election results are all now rigged. Politics will not fix our country. We are being played on a daily basis by those who rule us.

bgibbs1000 on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Racists

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I’m not a reliable R vote anymore.

LilyBart on May 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Yup, polls and percentages don’t matter. I’m right there with you, sister.

Fallon on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

You know that she’s Jeantel.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I saw someone speculate coolrepubica was Jeantel…..

dentarthurdent on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I saw someone speculate coolrepubica was Jeantel…..

dentarthurdent on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

What’s the difference?

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM

48% couldn’t give a rip about the petty politics of tea party/anti tea party.

NWConservative on May 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

It’s not surprising at all… as I stated earlier the tea party has been the scapegoat for everything on both sides.

Democrats blame the tea party wing of the Republican Party for everything and act like the entire GOP is a tea partier and therefore the tea party gets the blame

GOP establishment attacks the tea party at every turn and claims that they are responsible for every election loss in 2010 and 2012, ignoring the fact that Rove’s/GOP Establishment’s 7 senate candidates in 2012 all lost.

When you are waging a war from all angles of course the tea party approval will decline.

But I guarantee you this – take a poll of the same people asking if they support reducing the size and scope of government, lower taxes and reduced spending, and I guarantee you the number performs way better than “do you approve of the tea party” question.

It’s the tea party name that has been damaged, not the ideas.

tcufrog on May 8, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I won’t vote for a RINO. I refused to vote for Romney because he isnt a conservative. I will either vote for the libertarian or no one at all unless someone that actually support small govt is on the ballet.

MoreLiberty on May 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What’s with this “we’re” crap?

Who is “we”?

If by “we” you mean “Republican”, than no, I am not apart of your we.

I am not a Republican.

In November I will be focused on defeating progressives, not democrats.

If a progressive happens to be a Republican, I will be focused on defeating them.

If a progressive happens to be a Democrat, I will be focused on beating them.

I refuse to vote for a RINO progressive just because they “aren’t a democrat”. That is how we got in the mess we are in today.

tcufrog on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I know many of my friends who support the ideals of the tea party have just given up on politics altogether. The results of the 2012 election disillusioned so many of them. They figure that the war against the progressives is over and they pay no attention to politics at all any more. Lets face it, it is a full-time job keeping up with the dubiousness of this administration as well as the establishment republicans. Who has time to monitor it all?? They are all busy with jobs and kids just trying to scrape by. Paying attention to this sh*t 24/7 only leads to anxiety and depression. Life is too short . . .

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I blame Sarah Palin

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Racism is all the rage, and terrifying. Tea Party = Racist.

MT on May 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Heartache.

Louey on May 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

…so who paid for the poll?

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Is it possible that more of those who support the Tea-Party no longer identify as Republicans?

Al-Ozarka on May 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

November s/b fun.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

You should pay more attention to the support curve rather than the oppose curve. The support trend has been an asymptotic decrease leveling out at 22%. It hasn’t been jumping all over the place unless you go back 2 years, even then the general trend looks similar.

So basically 2010 was the highwater point for the TP and it has lost support day by day until now it has reached a floor of 22%. There’s no reason to expect that number to come back up after primaries.

Best case for the tea party after the primaries is opposition drops while support stays low, in other words people stop hating them but still don’t like them.

The real problem for the right is that 22% is still enough to be significant. SO the GOP is caught in a trap where they can’t live with the tea party types and can’t tell them to get lost.

Ah well, as they say “you dance with the one that brought you.”

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I blame Sarah Palin

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I blame society for forcing your mom to be burdened with a unwanted child…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Al-Ozarka on May 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

support among self labeled independents is 14%.

Tlaloc on May 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Meh, I polled everyone at my place of work about Obama’s leadership ability.

Results: 0% support his leadership/100% oppose his leadership

Game over man. Obama should turn in his pen and phone.

jazzuscounty on May 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM

support among self labeled independents is 14%.

But the headline says…support among Republicans.

Al-Ozarka on May 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I’d be totally willing to dump the moniker “TEA Party” altogether.

The amount of monkey-poo that has been flung at the name has nearly obscured what it stands for in the minds of the larger population.

Let’s try calling ourselves the “America Rising Party” or the “Liberty First Party” for a while, or something.

I think most deep-dyed sofiscons know that our days within the GOP are numbered anyway, (it may be just a matter of months if amnesty is pushed down the nation’s gullet) as the Pubs move leftward, so lets seize what momentum we have, particularly among small l libertarians and see where it takes us.

The sadsack middle-tarians in the GOP are becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of the facist statists anyway, so clinging to the GOPs coattails in order not to be electoral losers probably won’t work out well for conservatives.

Dolce Far Niente on May 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I blame Sarah Palin

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Your problem is in your name.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Chuck Ef on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

No question Democratic hits have had an effect on the TEA Party, HOWEVER the TEA Party hasn’t done themselves any favors with the like of McDonnell, Mourdock, Angle, and Akin.

Yeah, yeah, I know there have been successes like Cruz, but it’s easy to blame Dem control of the Senate on some of the lesser quality candidates.

Tater Salad on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

RINO approved

Chuck Ef on May 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say if you gave a list of what the grassroots tea party was based on, being against out of control spending, higher taxes, bastardizing the constitution to fit a socialist’s agenda, and later against obamacare, people would not be opposed to the tea party. But, when the plastic banana, good time Charlie rinos around here and the media constantly fight against common sense in government and call them racist, sexist, homophobes that are leaching power from their prized pigs, low info voters and other idiots will hate them too. As joana has proven, you bunch of crazies, and the other fools like weedboy and louey, and I’m sure Meredith will be along too, we see that both sides have their allotment of dumb.

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

bgibbs1000 on May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Yup.

It’s all about “availability cascade”.

the_nile on May 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I blame society for forcing your mom to be burdened with a unwanted child…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I have done very well for myself for someone who is supposedly unwanted.
I’m not a burden on society.
I think our society needs more people like me.
My mom is definitely proud of me and by the way our society encourages abortion so the basic premise of your accusation is false.
Sarah Palin loves a good fight. She just doesn’t take part in it.

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I wonder what republican support for the republican party is down to.

xblade on May 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

If this is supposed to cow me into voting for another “cave-on-principle-to-get-along” Dem-lite GOP establishment candidate it won’t work. They’ve suckered me enough.

otlset on May 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

McCain is a turkey.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

watertown on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Bingo.

batter on May 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

And Allahpundit and Ed do the Snoopy happy Dance…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Exactly what I was thinking

The Notorious G.O.P on May 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Yup.
You wonder what “centrists” are for? Whatever the party leaders can make money on?

the_nile on May 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Your problem is in your name.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

It can’t be a problem when it’s not the substance which kills thousands of people every year.
If my name was ‘alcoholisgood’ then you may have a case.

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I blame society for forcing your mom to be burdened with a unwanted child…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I have done very well for myself for someone who is supposedly unwanted.
I’m not a burden on society.
I think our society needs more people like me.
Sarah Palin loves a good fight. She just doesn’t take part in it.

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Mommy’s little snowFLAKE.

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Gallup: Republican support for tea party down to 41%

Lack of results. The same types are still controlling the GOP, Obummer stayed in the White House, and so on.

In general, I’ve given up figuring out the average American. Who in their right mind would be for a teetering economy, not having a decent (or any) job, a lousy to lukewarm housing market, higher taxes, a president that cow-tows to foreign interests at the expense of America’s, and so on?

Maybe it’s that the average American takes comfort in being able to affix blame to whomever they feel are the appropriate culprits and that somehow that makes everything better?

One big guilt trip? Self-flagellation in order to show penance and gain absolution somehow?

I just don’t know anymore.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

The so-called “Tea Party” now is a phony shell of the grassroots effort of 2009-10. These groups that claim the mantle are only out for their own money and power and influence, no one elected them and no one can control them.

As Lee Stranahan has found in researching the Tea Party Fund, most of the money goes to salaries (including friends and family), lavish travel and expenses, nice offices, and more fundraising, with only a tiny fraction going to candidates or causes or advertising. But a recent study showed at least three other major “Tea Party” groups are doing exactly the same thing.

Suckers.

◦▫◦▫

Add to that the nasty and aggressive approach some have used against elected leadership, there was bound to be a backlash, which the stone-throwers have reacted to like a bunch of sissies. Apparently they think it is fine to talk trash about “RINOs” but ¡God Forbid! anyone says anything back to their precious little snowflake selves.

The REAL Tea Party movement was a positive grassroots protest against bailouts of deadbeats and banks (and later, ObamaCare). It was not directed against “the Republican Establishment,” and the hijacking that has taken place shows the public support is no longer there for a bunch of whiners.

There are enough nuts and flakes making noise on the internet to market a breakfast cereal, but they will never win friends or influence people with their spittle-flying ranting.

Adjoran on May 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Bingo!

“Paying attention to this sh*t 24/7 only leads to anxiety and depression. Life is too short . . .”

-west

mr_west on May 8, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Well, this kind of makes sense. I’m a staunch Conservative and solid Tea Party supporter.

I’m also a FORMER lifelong Republican, as I changed my affiliation to unaffiliated after the 2012 Romney embarrassment.

I KNOW I’m not alone as a Conservative that has already dumped the Republican party.

Hey GOPe, do you need any other evidence to prove to you that your Base in the party is going bye-bye?

Go ahead, do amnesty. Watch the rest of your base dump the GOP too.

Meople on May 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Well, if people really support the status quo that strongly, our country is in realy trouble. I say it can’t burn down fast enough frankly. Hopefully we can rebuild from the ashes.

Paperclips on May 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Sure are a lot of new Republicans showing up in these polls:

Libertarians (who voted for Obama)…now Republican
Libertarians (who voted Anarchotarian)…now Republican
‘Moderates’ (who voted for Obama)…now Republican
‘Moderates’ (who voted for Hillary)….now Republican

I’m totally sure we can count on them in the fall and in 2016!!

kcewa on May 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I don’t know about elsewhere but nutters took over several of the TP groups in Louisiana and a new TP group sprang up as for hire to give endorsements and make robocalls by the end of 2009.

Most of the original TP members have left, and groups have shriveled up to mostly nothing.

Kermit on May 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM

It was not directed against “the Republican Establishment,”…

Adjoran on May 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ever heard of Bob Bennett?

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Yep, this!

Red Widow on May 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM

GOP: What IRS scandal..?

d1carter on May 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Too many words in this article; all of them unnecessary.

antisense on May 8, 2014 at 4:53 PM

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Good points.

And when they no longer have jobs and the U.S. dollar is worthless, they still won’t have the time to ponder such esoteric things, as they’ll have new full time jobs trying to find food to feed those children, keep a roof over their heads, keep others from taking whatever they do still have and so on.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Adjoran on May 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Except when the establishment begins to act like democrats and starts helping them with their agenda and attacks that grassroots tea party that gave them the house in 2010 even harder than Nancy Pelosi and says they will crush the ‘tea party’ for calling them out on their capitulation, then you bet they will be against that action.

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM

weedisgood on May 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I blame society for forcing your mom to be burdened with a unwanted child…

oscarwilde on May 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

…huh?…she still had an abortion!…it just …smokes weed!

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Coincidence I’m sure….

dentarthurdent on May 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

No shit – you don’t have to look far to wonder why people are less likely to self-identify with a favorable view of the Tea Party, to donate to Tea Party coffers, etc.

Obama & Co. have been and are being successful in using the IRS to target, punish, and intimidate their political enemies. Period.

Midas on May 8, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I think what you are seeing is evidence that the Tea Party is a victim of its own success. More Republicans championed it when it was seen as chiefly anti-Democrat and not (yet) directly threatening established Republican interests.

Now that it has had some success in booting or at least threatening establishment incumbents, you are seeing some of the establishment portions of the Republican electorate turn against it.

Just as Palin got a lot less popular among established Alaska Republicans when she started blowing whistles on them and engineering their transition into orange jumpsuits.

Missy on May 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM

My personal support of Tea Party dropped to near-zero when they got immersed in gay-marriage and abortion stuff. That’s NOT what Tea Party is supposed to be about.

Rix on May 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I would agree with this, too. The IRS and the media have done a job on morale, just as they planned.

Missy on May 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I don’t see it that way. The grassroots effort is still there, though perhaps a bit daunted. The groups that are trying to take advantage/make money by co-opting the name are not authentic representatives of the movement. No one I know takes them seriously.

Missy on May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Rix on May 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM

If only Dems and activist judges would lose interest in those “social” issues as well.

b1jetmech on May 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Yeah, it’s amazing what effect weaponizing the IRS against a group of Americans will have them. HUH, whodathunkit?

Couple this with the fact that the GOPe hates the Tea Party as much or more than the Dims do, and yeah, I’m shocked, SHOCKED to read this.

Meople on May 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM

So the establishment has been in charge since the R’s took the congress and the Tea Party gets the blame???

b1jetmech on May 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM

The Tea Party is going underground.

We will strike when you least expect it.

redguy on May 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Game over, man!

Game over!

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

This

I know many of my friends who support the ideals of the tea party have just given up on politics altogether….Who has time to monitor it all?? They are all busy with jobs and kids just trying to scrape by. Paying attention to this sh*t 24/7 only leads to anxiety and depression. Life is too short . . .

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

And this.

TinFin on May 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

CTSherman on May 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

The Tea Party is going underground.

We will strike when you least expect it.

redguy on May 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

You guys are all talk, no action.

“hot air”, as it were.

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

b1jetmech on May 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Same playbook they used after the 2012 Romney loss, blame Conservatives and the Tea Party for the loss.

Nevermind the glaring fact that Romney ran a completely inept campaign and is nothing but a (D)Lite, Regressive that couldn’t articulate a Conservative talking point to save his life.

Meople on May 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Tater Salad on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Cruz is not the only success, not by a long shot. A VERY large number of non-Tea Party Republicans were dragged across the finish line in 2010 by Tea Party energy, labor and $$$.

A wave election boosts all candidates, although some do ultimately get left on the sand.

Granted, the media only focus on the duds. And we go along with it.

Missy on May 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Do you ever have anything intelligent to add or do you thrive on being Nelson Muntz?

melle1228 on May 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Tea party support for the GOPe down to 10%.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

My first thought too. Why does that not matter? Because they really don’t believe we will stay home if it doesn’t become a “vote for” versus a “vote against” situation very soon.

hollygolightly on May 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM

48% couldn’t give a rip about the petty politics of tea party/anti tea party.

NWConservative on May 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Excellent Point! Also, 41% of conservative Republicans and 58% of moderate Republicans neither support nor oppose the Tea Party. Translation: About half of all Republicans neither support nor oppose the Tea Party.

So all those Tea Partiers who bash the Establishment, or RINOs who bash the Tea Party are totally ignored by half the base, and nearly 3/4 of Independents, whose votes any Republican candidate needs to win.

Voters to Tea Party and Establishment: Stop bashing each other and let’s propose policies that all Republicans and most Indies can support, so we can beat the Democrats and get a Senate majority and get something done!

Whatever conservatives may think about “RINO’s”, a RINO in the Senate will vote conservatively 60 or 70% of the time. A Democrat in the Senate will vote conservatively 0% of the time. Take your pick.

Steve Z on May 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Tater Salad on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Do you mean O’Donnell? And BTW, Akin was not a tea party candidate.

Furthermore, there were more craptastic disasters from the GOPe in 2012 than there was in the tea party: Thompson, Brown,Romney..

melle1228 on May 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM

KickandSwimMom on May 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Omg, are tea partiers finally realizing that the world is NOT going to end based on who is president?!?!!

that america is NOT about to burn to the ground? That the barabarians aren’t at the gate?

That they can actually go about their daily lives and NOT think they have to collapse the government and the economy in order to save the american way of life? That they and their families can have a rich and satisfying life even when dems happen to be president temporarily?

Dear lord…..i think we finally have some PROGRESS to report.

People are finally tuning out the outrage machine.

Most encouraging post i’ve ever read on hotair.

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Why don’t you just STFU.

BeachBum on May 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

People are finally tuning out the outrage machine.

Most encouraging post i’ve ever read on hotair.

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

No they’re not. Just look at the leader of the Dem/Progressive party, Harry Reid.

RickB on May 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Tater Salad on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Here’s some more names for you: Linda Lingle, Connie Mack, Linda McMahon..

melle1228 on May 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Blah, blah, blah, Haw, Haw, blah, blah, blah

melle1228 on May 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM

everdiso on May 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

everdiso doesn’t study economics or history, I think.

LilyBart on May 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Adjoran on May 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Except insofar as the ‘establishment’ was for bailouts, spending, pork, big government solutions, etc.

LilyBart on May 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Tater Salad on May 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Here’s some more names for you: Linda Lingle, Connie Mack, Linda McMahon..

melle1228 on May 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM

They always seem to ignore the 7 Rove-backed, establishment supported candidates who lost in 2012. 0 for 7. Not one win.

But always are quick to point out the 3 tea party candidates that lost in 2010/2012 combined.

What is worse?

Going 0 for 7 in one election year, 2012, or losing 3 races combined in 2 election years between 2010 and 2012?

tcufrog on May 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Gallup: Republican support for tea party down to 41%

With sustained attacks by both the Democrats and the GOPe, I’m surprised it’s still 41%.

RJL on May 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Y’all must heed everdisos advice. He is neither a US citizen nor covered under 0Care so he must know the truth. The only truth.

Bmore on May 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM