Video: Friends, family don’t understand why teen home invaders were shot dead

posted at 4:51 pm on May 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via Bob Owens of Bearing Arms, I’m … pretty sure I understand it, although you can see why a heartbroken parent or sibling would have trouble sorting it out given the tender age of the boys involved. Plain and simple: What was the homeowner supposed to do differently? She’s in her late 60s and had been burgled twice before, including by one of the kids who ended up dead in this confrontation. She was so terrified of how things might escalate next time, given the sense of impunity they obviously felt in targeting her, that she asked her seventysomething brother to stay with her. The facts aren’t entirely clear but it sounds like he’s the one who fired the fatal shots. If he hadn’t, there might well have been a fight between two senior citizens and two young teens armed with God knows what. How do you like the odds on that one? Better yet, how would you like a law that says you can’t fire at someone who’s confronting you in your home unless you know for a fact that the intruder’s carrying a gun himself?

The only wrinkle here is what the sister of one of the teens said: “They were on their way out the door.” Not sure how she knows that, unless she’s making an assumption based on the fact that some of the bullets went through the door. I wonder what would happen if it turned out that the boys were shot in the back instead of the chest. In most home invasion cases, the politics of charging a homeowner with using excessive force in self-defense would be poisonous, especially when the homeowner’s as sympathetic as this one. But given the age of the teens, maybe prosecutors will take a closer look.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

My apologies for my post earlier today. I indicated that the
homeowner was Male. Would not have made any difference in my
opinion.

ToddPA on May 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I’m fine with the death penalty for armed robbery. These homeowners just saved the cost of a trial, and prison, for these scum.

Vanceone on May 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Given that at least one was a recidivist at age 16, it is likely that the extermination of these thugs has prevented many more crimes and probably saved society tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars in trial and incarceration costs.

talkingpoints on May 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Any “youths” invading my home should take note that I’ll be wearing hear protectors.

claudius on May 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

If you break into someone’s house I personally don’t think it matters, you already consented to having lethal force used in response.

Ukiah on May 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

What the hell ever happened to the time when parents &/or family members of perpetrators would come out and would publicly chastised their children/family members for breaking the law?

If I find persons in my home who are not supposed to be there . . . point, click and squeeze. No excuses necessary and no apologies offered.

The End!

NewyoricanInTheSouth on May 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM

How do they keep getting in? People don’t lock their doors? Strange.

cimbri on May 6, 2014 at 8:06 PM

You break into my house -or even come in as a guest- YOU don’t make the rules.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Scum like Libfree think that the shooters just let such killing roll off their backs. When you break into someone’s home you steal much more than any property and you open yourself up to injury and death. Good people like the people in this story do mourn. Those boys probably never mourned a day in their lives.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:14 PM

The sound of a shotgun racking a round tells me one thing:

You aren’t ready to shoot.

Scribbler on May 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM

But, it happens ALL THE TIME in the moves!

HiJack on May 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM

movies

HiJack on May 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Bishop, the armed people on federal or state land (the highways) were pointing weapons at the BLM. And what do you call the people who are now asking people driving on the highways for IDs?

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM

You were thrashed over this already. The dude on the highway was ONE guy with his rifle pointed directionally and you advocated shooting via sniper Bundy and his wife because of it. Hell, you wanted them shot just because.
Someone here is going to dredge up your comments from that previous thread at the point where you mysteriously disappeared, and then you’ll disappear again for the same reason.
Bishop on May 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM

The government should shoot him and his wife because they’re breaking the law, have ignored several court orders, continue to say they’ll violate the law and are armed.
At the same time, they don’t like the Burning Man people doing the same thing that the Bundys are doing on land near them. Talk about being two-faced.
If you want to fight against government overreach, you fight to change the law. You don’t point guns at the government.

jim56 on April 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM

talkingpoints on May 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Not to mention possible innocent lives.

HiJack on May 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I would fear for my life if someone broke into my home. Don’t break into homes.

El_Terrible on May 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM

The End!

NewyoricanInTheSouth on May 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM

That would be me, publicly chastising my family member. In fact, if I knew beyond any doubt that a family member committed a crime of any sort, I’d turn him/her into the police and testify in court.

GrannyDee on May 6, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I believe it was libfee who propounded that 1 death was much worse then 10 rapes…. so really there needed to beat least 19 other people in the house before it was even permissible to think of shooting these two… just thought I’d point that out.

JFKY on May 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM

They were young children- somebodies babies and in that regard this was a tragedy. They were misguided, their parental supervision was obviously lacking and clearly they were on the wrong path.

Now several lives are ruined including that of the shooter. Anyone who thinks shooting another human being doesn’t wear on your mind- your wrong.

Justified- well of course it was. When you plan to perform a criminal act against another person, you should also plan which set of clothes they will dress you in at your funereal. Protecting one’s home, property and self with deadly force if necessary, is a practice as old as time. The odds are you will be carried away from the scene in a bag.

Marcus Traianus on May 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I had a friend come to my home and their kids trashed my house and I sent them all home, I couldn’t believe they had no control over their kids. My friend was shocked at my orders to go home. Friend no more. They are out there!

mixplix on May 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM

A shotgun round to each of the intruders’ legs would have crippled them, and they would be alive today.

HiJack

Don’t break into anyone’s house and you don’t have to worry about being dead or crippled.

xblade on May 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Bishop on May 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM

jim56 on April 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Now you finally admit that at least one of the people were pointing guns at officers and that Bundy at least implicitly was egging him on. (There were more than one according to the article). They also were probably improperly on a highway.

I guess in your mind it would have been fine for these two kids to have trespassed by driving on the homeowner’s yard here and one of them to have aimed guns at the homeowner. But not fine if they went into the house without any guns.

Hmmm.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

And remember, subjects, if we have ANY reason to question how you used your firearm, even in clear-cut cases of self-defense, we have to reconsider whether you are worthy of exercising that right.

But never, NEVER question the government, ’cause “we don’t have time for this.”

questionmark on May 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM

The cattle were on land that Bundy had no right to use. In effect, Bundy and his cattle were trespassing–like the home invaders.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

May I make an observation to your point?

hawkdriver on May 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM

It took me a lot of back-linking to figure the skin color of the teens that have been shot. If Obama had another two sons…

Rix on May 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Yep, mother’s side of the family.

KirknBurker on May 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Jesus would’ve done no different.

tlynch001 on May 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Jesus wouldn’t have had to shoot . . . . . He’s not a good example or parallel, for this story.

But I believe He has no problem with any of us doing so, in that same situation.

listens2glenn on May 6, 2014 at 8:42 PM

JFKY on May 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I think that was nonpartisan. Libfree probably agrees . Or course, he probably has no issue with the raping of our ambassador either.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

We’re talking about animals that break into people’s homes and businesses, terrorize them, threaten them, and steal from them…sometimes beating them, knifing them, shooting them, killing them, and/or raping them. Not animals grazing in the middle of nowhere.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2014 at 8:45 PM

CyberCipher on May 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

My borzoi says: “What the collie says.”

KirknBurker on May 6, 2014 at 8:45 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hmmm…..so what are YOU going to do about it?

KirknBurker on May 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

But you’ll never see any politician run on the death penalty for burglary and armed robbery. So you leave vigilantes to do the cowardly work for you, you’re afraid of it being part of an explicit political platform. Disgusting. *spit*
libfreeordie on May 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I think you spelled V-I-C-T-I-M wrong, perfessor.

Or are you just being a d1ck again?

Steele on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Is Jim hoping we’ll take this thread to Cuba for him?

CurtZHP on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You’d rather talk about anything but the story at hand.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I would fear for my life if someone broke into my home. Don’t break into homes.

El_Terrible on May 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM

and we should fear for our lives if we contemplate breaking into someone’s home.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

. In effect, Bundy and his cattle were trespassing–like the home invaders.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

In effect? You’re not a lawyer. Don’t even try to pretend you know what the fcku you’re talking about. Hilarious.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Is Jim hoping we’ll take this thread to Cuba for him?

CurtZHP on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Based on what I’ve seen of him Jim doesn’t think.

Oldnuke on May 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM

The local paper is reporting the prints of one of the burglars match a set of prints left behind from one of the previous burglary attempts. Pretty brazen to hit a place two if not three times.

keioki on May 6, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Instead of questioning why the son/brother was shot, maybe they should be questioning their parenting skills and why he was in foster care in the first place.

I feel very sorry for the homeowner and her brother that they have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

PaperGirl on May 6, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on May 6, 2014 at 6:01 PM

The batteries in libfree’s sundial must need changing.

It’s taking an awfully long time, for the reply.

listens2glenn on May 6, 2014 at 8:55 PM

The sound of a shotgun racking a round tells me one thing:

You aren’t ready to shoot.

Scribbler on May 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM

But, it happens ALL THE TIME in the movies!

HiJack on May 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Plus it has Vice President “uncle” Joe Biden’s seal of approval.
Ya’ can’t top that !

listens2glenn on May 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM

libfreeordie on May 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Vigilantes go after suspects after the fact. What we’re talking about are scared people (victims) who are defending their persons and their property in real time as the offense occurs.

So, if a Danny Rolling or a Ted Bundy show up in your bedroom all of a sudden late at night, are you going to quiz them about their intentions? Ask them to hold off attacking you until you call 9-11? Frisk them to see if they’re armed or not?

Lemee guess…in a Socialist Utopian society this would be a non-issue because Citizens would all share equally in the fruits brought forth by the Collective…therefore there would be no coveting of other’s property. Through the diligent work of the Zampolits, the Proletariat would have been thoroughly conditioned towards right action-that is, through Social Evolution such behavior would be a mere relict of the previous extinct Capitalist Stage of social, political and economic progression prior to the current Socialist Stage.

Am I right here?

Of course, there are exceptions such as Andrei Chikatilo, but he only existed because there was still very much the existence of the decadent Capitalist Western culture out there that certainly penetrated somehow into the Soviet collective system and corrupted him…right?

But, of course, we’re not talking about murderer-rapists/serial killers. There’s not enough of them out there to worry about. No, the average burglar wouldn’t harm anyone and what’s more they probably have a right to your possessions because they are oppressed by the system and if you have more, then why shouldn’t they help themselves? And if you don’t resist, then they will never, ever harm you. But, given that you are probably part of the oppressive Bourgeois Class, then whatever transpires in the way of violence is your just desserts anyhow.

Or am I way off here…?

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM

You have two unknown individuals breaking in with unknown weapons.
do they plan on rape?
burglary?
murder?

you break in, you risk getting shot

sniffles1999 on May 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM

anyone notice the photo of the one teen has him doing GANG symbols.

mr innocent?

I think not

sniffles1999 on May 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM

*sigh*

Of course libtardfree has runaway but lanceman is banned…

ladyingray on May 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Disgusting. *spit*

libfreeordie on May 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I always had you pegged for *swallow*.

BigWyo on May 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM

…Bingo! BW!

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You’d rather talk about anything but the story at hand.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I’m fine with using deadly force in situations where you believe you or your family is at imminent risk of serious bodily injury by a trespasser or another criminal. So I think the homeowner was probably justified here unless the trespassers were leaving the house.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

anyone notice the photo of the one teen has him doing GANG symbols.

mr innocent?

I think not

sniffles1999 on May 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM

They were nice boys.

CW on May 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Mr. Cooper bought an LED light for the foyer downstairs that we can control by smartphone. We’ve been practicing quick clicks on the strobe light feature in hopes that this will be the first (preferably only) line of defense necessary.

bettycooper on May 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

That’s really all you need.

questionmark on May 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

That’s really all you need.

questionmark on May 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM

If they were outside the house with their back to the homeowner, then it’s tough to see how the homeowner was in imminent risk of being injured.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Oh, you mean if they had exited the house.
I read leaving as still being in the house, in which case it wouldn’t matter which way they were facing.

questionmark on May 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Oh, you mean if they had exited the house.

questionmark on May 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Understand your confusion. Looks like they may have been shot outside the house if the bullets went through the door.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

bettycooper on May 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM

If you think a light is a “line of defense” you’re just a defenseless victim.

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM

JFKY on May 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM

CW on May 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Now, now; credit where credit is due –

your risk of being raped is less serious in the grand scheme of things than innocents being
killed in a gun massacre

nonpartisan on February 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM

How many women were forcibly raped last year?

How many people were killed in “gun massacres” last year?

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

one death is worth more than 10 rapes

nonpartisan on February 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Alien on May 6, 2014 at 9:54 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Still trying to side with the criminals huh?
Not a single news or police report at all says they were outside.
Quit tap-dancing around the facts trying to blame the victims.
Fully justified shoot and kill. Case closed.

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I see Tiger Beat sent their B team.

TinFin on May 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM

PaperGirl on May 6, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Absolutely!

There is no shame in this society any more.

Someone needs to tell those parents to look in the mirror when casting blame.

And someone needs to tell those poor sisters that they need to go home and mourn with their family and friends and leave those poor elderly brother and sister alone. They have suffered enough at the hands of their predator brothers (may God have mercy on their souls.)

Now that poor brother and sister will have to continue suffering for the rest of their lives because they had to take a life. Two.

May God grant them peace in time. And may they one day feel safe in their own home. They were robbed of much more than money.

Elisa on May 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Ukiah on May 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Implied consent.

davidk on May 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Don’t know if someone’s mentioned it in this thread or if Ed has made note of it, but there was a recent case in Minnesota that’s similar in some ways to this one. Except in the case in Minnesota the man seemed a little nuts and went into overkill territory:

Minn. homeowner guilty of murder in teen intruder shootings

Though in the case being discussed here the the homeowner was totally in her rights and there’s two less thugs walking the earth today.

The lesson – and it should be an obvious one – don’t break into people’s homes.

whatcat on May 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Obviously shot outside, because there is no way the guy shooting, 74, probably in the dark, under duress, might have missed and put one through a door or window.

Never happen, ever.

F X Muldoon on May 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I really can empathize with the woman homeowner. I too have been the target of young vandals and trespassers who gets their kicks from terrorizing aging women who live alone. They are cowards who would never do this to one of my male neighbors. I recently had to buy a gun for the first time in my life. I will continue to call the police if the problem stays on the outside of my house but if they ever come inside they will not make it back out.

HellCat on May 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Why did they break into this lady’s home?”

“I guess to eat…”

You worthless little dope. Eat? Does anyone in that video look like they are having trouble latching onto the three dozen government programs designed to keep them from starving?

She’ll be voting straight-ticket Democrap in about six years. Retardation will do that.

Jaibones on May 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I saw that. My first thought was, man, that’s some weapons-grade stupid on the assembly line right there…

And as for voting, it’s California, and Democrats are all about voter fraud. She’s probably already “voted” in the previous two elections…..

djm1992 on May 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM

whatcat on May 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I read about that one – and that homeowner did go off the deep end. He set up a trap at the spot where they had previously broken in and taped the whole encounter including telling them “you’re dead” while shooting them, even once they were down.
If he had just waited for a break-in and simply shot the burglars, he probably would ever have been charged.
However, I still don’t think he should have been convicted of 1st degree murder – something less like maybe voluntary manslaughter as it was the criminals prior break-ins that put him over the edge into mental instability territory.

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Why did they break into this lady’s home?”

“I guess to eat…”

Jaibones on May 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Yeah… well maybe the old lady was trying to eat too. But thieves kept breaking in and stealing her money.

JellyToast on May 6, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Since this Perenially Obtuse Simian is intentionally LYING:

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Let’s make sure the FACTS come out on top:

Still trying to side with the criminals huh?
Not a single news or police report at all says they were outside.
ALL of them say they broke in a window and had gone all the way across the first floor of the house into he living rom – which is where they were shot and the police found their bodies. Quit tap-dancing around the facts trying to blame the victims.
Fully justified shoot and kill. Case closed.

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Nothing scum like more than muddying the FACTS

PolAgnostic on May 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Nothing scum like more than muddying the FACTS

PolAgnostic on May 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Or making up their own….

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Yeah, I was trying to find a nice way to say “criminally insane”, you don’t shoot unarmed people when they are already down. Listening to his audio tape is chilling as it records the killings and his whispered rantings afterwards:

whatcat on May 6, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Animals are better behaved than those boys.

DevilishSoda on May 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Use of lighting/darkness can be quite a useful tool in dealing with human threats. One should, of course, have other tools to follow up with.

S. D. on May 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM

“Weekend or no, a 16 and 14 year-old shouldn’t have been out past sundown, so it’s the parents’ fault the two are dead. And I have to tell ya, the sisters not knowing what the two had been doing lately, well, I’ll just it’s BS, so it’s their fault, too — the sister could have had him locked up in jail where it is safe.

Dusty on May 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM”

Additionally, if one of our boys got in trouble for breaking the window of an elderly person’s home, he’d have been too busy slaving his spare time away as the elderly person’s new landscaping assistant to consider harassing them again. My husband is about the most patient man in the world, but one does not harm the elderly in his worldview.

Carolynp on May 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM

There is one 100% successful way to not wind up shot dead in a strangers house.

Don’t go into the strangers house in the first place. If you do, you deserve what you get.

HBowmanMD on May 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I have no sympathy for the teens killed in this home invasion. And as far as their “tender ages” go, have a look at this: http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/classics/steven-spader-thrill-kill/jaimie-is-that-you.html

or how about this:

Some children are just vicious monsters who should be put down. Two of them were. I feel for the man who had to do it, but I am glad he and his sister are alive and saddened they had to go through that.

earlgrey on May 6, 2014 at 11:33 PM

S

ince this Perenially Obtuse Simian is intentionally LYING:

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Let’s make sure the FACTS come out on top:

Still trying to side with the criminals huh?
Not a single news or police report at all says they were outside.
Fully justified shoot and kill. Case closed.

dentarthurdent on May 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Nothing scum like more than muddying the FACTS

PolAgnostic on May 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

AllahPundit wrote “The only wrinkle here is what the sister of one of the teens said: “They were on their way out the door.” Not sure how she knows that, unless she’s making an assumption based on the fact that some of the bullets went through the door.” I’m surprised they let people who call our hosts filthy liars continue to post here.

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Kenosha Kid on May 6, 2014 at 11:57 PM

What if that was your grandma? I’ve got no sympathy for those psychopaths.

bitsy on May 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

PolAgnostic on May 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM

listens2glenn on May 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Just the beginning of the travon martinizing of these perps. Wai til this goes MSM. Innocent harmless kids just looking for help and they end up shot dead by people out to kill fuzzy teen boys with a whole life ahead of them

jaywemm on May 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

I know the area. I can;t blame home owners who feel that they have to resort to this. I really feel for the shooter in cases like this. He will have to live with this even if he was justified. It’s bad all over.

lexhamfox on May 7, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM

One of the most awesome things I have read here in a long time.

Mfarmer on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

listens2glenn on May 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

The Perennially Obtuse Simian has demonstrated multiple times on Hot Air his complete ignorance of EVERYTHING related to firearms.

I guarantee you it will come as a shock to him that the vast majority of handgun calibers are capable of piercing a human body and THEN a door behind it and STILL continuing on their merry way.

Of course, given his publicly expressed desire that the Bundy’s should be executed for being in violation of a CIVIL court order, in his fevered brain the police of Sacramento, California are no doubt ALL part of a vast right wing conspiracy to cover up “the murder of these two ‘yutes’”.

PolAgnostic on May 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM

From another article on the subject.

As FOX40 was news gathering, we spotted several people in tears, walking to the scene of the shooting. One of the girls was Ashleigh Davison, Crider’s girlfriend. She and her mother said he was a 17 year-old boy with no parents, had no home, and was in and out of Child Protective Services his entire life.

They believe the system had failed him.

“I don’t blame them for doing what they did,” Ashleigh’s mother, Tracy Webb said about the shooting. “It’s not right to break in and to burglarize people’s homes. No, it’s not. But at the same time, a life has been lost. A life has been taken. I’m sure he and a friend, Michael Sambrano, were doing what they thought they needed to do to survive.”

“He is a good person,” Davison cried. “Was a good person. He was just misunderstood.”

The mind-numbing idiocy of these comments speak for themselves. The dead perps were not good persons, and were not the victims here.

MrKleenexMuscles on May 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

MrKleenexMuscles on May 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

A long time ago Robert Heinlein observed:

“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

There is NO other country on the face of the Earth currently engaged in as many self-defeating STUPID government policies literally trying to reverse evolution (i.e. survival of the fittest) as we are in this country.

And I guarantee you, the cure for it is going to make the Great Depression look like a summer picnic by comparison.

PolAgnostic on May 7, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Well said. But also, don’t feed the trolls.

Texas Zombie on May 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM

cimbri on May 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I saw this story on another site earlier today, but the other site is more left wing, so the coverage was not sympathetic towards the home owner.

I don’t feel sorry for the teens or their family. I understand the family is grieving, but for them to sit there and blame an elderly lady? I thought that was tacky and horrible.

IMO, these kids had this coming to them. That is the risk you take if you break into someone’s house. I have a very hard time mustering up sympathy for two people (of any age) who were breaking into a person’s house, especially since she was in her 60s and was already afraid due to other home breaks ins from weeks past.

TigerPaw on May 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Too bad they didn’t worry more about the boys when they were alive.

It’s irrelevant if they were heading for the door — these seniors weren’t safe until the aggressors were incapacitated. How do you know they weren’t going to the door to secure it so they could get down to business beating to death some elderly folk?

I’d also probably go ahead and file a preemptive civil suit against the parents. Some hack is surely trying to talk the parents into filing one.

dr.foo on May 7, 2014 at 2:39 AM

cimbri on May 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

There were a LOT of police officers killed back when the mistaken belief was that having a gun pointed at someone was an effective means of intimidation.

The law on this is pretty simple.:

You should only point a gun at someone when you are in fear for your life.

If you are in fear of your life, the use of deadly force is justified.

Pointing a gun at someone merely as a means to coerce their actions is a felony called brandishing. The “boys” in this case would claim YOU lured them into the house and then threatened then with the gun. YOU get arrested for a felony and the “boys” get a lawyer who sues you for everything you own as compensation for their mental anguish.

Stop watching the horsecrap on TV “cop and robber” shows. Get books on the subject or take a course before YOU even consider using a gun for self defense.

PolAgnostic on May 7, 2014 at 3:00 AM

cimbri on May 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

My, my. How nice of you to share your thoughts as you sit in your theoretical bubble. It’s so easy to judge the real-life actions of others when you’re not in their shoes.

Right-Wing Liberal on May 7, 2014 at 3:16 AM

““Hold it, boys. Take a seat, I’m calling the police”. That’s probably what I would have done if I had been the brother. People are too antsy and quick to pull the trigger.”

You’re pretty smug aren’t you?

FOAF on May 7, 2014 at 3:35 AM

The brother and sister are damn lucky the perps were white. Otherwise they’d need witness protection program by now while the local media runs headline news on every speeding ticket they ever got.

FOAF on May 7, 2014 at 3:42 AM

“Allahpundit wasn’t ‘implicated’ as being a “liar” by either dentarthurdent or PolAgnostic.”

jim56 is a leftist, he has to make sure he fills his quota of lies.

FOAF on May 7, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Foaf, your remark about being in witness protection is also another good reason to not execute a couple of teenagers just because you have the power to do so. Those teenagers do have relatives. If truly threatened, then yes by all means pull the trigger. But don’t do it just because you can bag a few pelts.

cimbri on May 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM

WARNING: Seventysomething brother on premise

Oh yeah…there’s pit-bulls on premise too !!

BigSven on May 7, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Executed, huh?

just because you have the power to do so.

The teens broke into an elderly woman’s home … again. I’m for the first couple minutes, they were under the impression they had … the power.

Those teenagers do have relatives.

Had relatives. And when they were alive, their relatives didn’t do much to control them.

cimbri on May 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Whatever. The threw a rock through the woman’s window knowing that they were coming in announced. They were terrorizing the poor woman as they had done before. Two boys thinking they were violently breaking into an old woman’s home. Zero sympathy. Zero.

hawkdriver on May 7, 2014 at 6:33 AM

jim56 on May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I’ll just leave this here in case anyone needs it:

Tell us again how man coexisted with dinosaurs, jim56.

rogerb on April 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM

rogerb on May 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Shame on the parents who allow their teenaged thugs to roam the streets. Congrats to the home owners for taking out 2 bad guy criminals. No toleration of crime or criminals.

Darvin Dowdy on May 7, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Where are the fathers of these boys?

Murf76 on May 7, 2014 at 7:29 AM

If you dont want to get shot

dont break into a house TWICE . . .

the homeowner are lucky the THUGS were white
or rev al would be there

and obama would have eric holder investigating thier rights by arresting the burglary victim.

sniffles1999 on May 7, 2014 at 7:29 AM

wonder if the crime rates DROP in that area now that the local thug population knows they can get shot by homeowners.

sniffles1999 on May 7, 2014 at 7:30 AM

There’s a sign outside a house in my hometown in Western New York:

“Warning: Due to the high price of ammunition, do not expect a warning shot!”

As for this story, it’s too bad the two “youths” were too stupid and rotten to quit while they were ahead and do something constructive with their lives.

Logic on May 7, 2014 at 7:47 AM

In the first picture the kid he is throwing gang signs. The thug culture should be attacked without mercy or relent. The prison system is full of juveniles jits that think the world is a rap video, ignorance is truly dangerous.

C-Low on May 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM

“Appears to be a case of self defense.”

I hate that term being used in this situation because it intimates some kind of gray area or room for debate. You smash a window of someone you don’t know and crawl inside uninvited it should be assumed that the owners will fill you full of bullets. Period. And as far as the mother and family, the kid was already part of the system because someone failed a child. The reporter, if we lived in a world based on reality, reason and intellect, would have asked the mother, “How did you screw this kid up so bad that he thought he could do this? What kind of mother were you that you created a predator of senior citizens?”

peacenprosperity on May 7, 2014 at 8:03 AM