Open thread: It’s primary night in North Carolina and Ohio

posted at 7:21 pm on May 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

It’s primary night in Indiana too but all the action is in NC and OH. Actually, scratch that: All the action is in NC. Boehner’s seat is on the line in OH-8 but no one thinks he’s in any sort of danger, the viral success of J.D. Winteregg’s “electile dysfunction” ad notwithstanding. If you’re watching the returns on that race, it’s really only to see whether conservative disgruntlement with Boehner will produce a narrower-than-expected win in his home district. Prediction: Nope. Here’s Politico’s page for OH-8 to follow the vote totals.

There’s genuine suspense in North Carolina, though. First up: Is Renee Ellmers, who upset Bob Etheridge in NC-2 four years ago as part of the big tea-party wave, about to be bounced in a primary herself? She’s turned into a loud-and-proud amnesty fan, backing Boehner on reform. If she’s upset tonight by Frank Roche, Republican fencesitters on immigration in the House will be terrified. Boehner himself might conclude that the issue is simply too hot to handle before the midterms and abandon it until next year. On the flip side, if she wins easily, closet amnesty boosters in Congress might decide that the issue doesn’t have the power at the polls that it once did and choose to press ahead with it this summer. Lots on the line here potentially. Here’s the returns page.

The other big one in NC is the Senate primary between “establishment” favorite Thom Tillis, conservative Greg Brannon, and several others. If you read Erika’s post this afternoon, you already know the score: Kay Hagan and the Democrats have decided that Tillis is their toughest prospective opponent so they’re running ads to RINOize him before the primary, replete with mangling a quote of his to make it sound like he supports ObamaCare. (Fun fact: Kay Hagan was the 60th and decisive vote for ObamaCare in the Senate four years ago.) If they can hold Tillis under 40 percent, he’ll have to contend with a run-off, which will consume time and money. In their best-case scenario, Tillis ends up being upset in the run-off by Brannon, who’ll then be quickly Akin-ized in the general election. Essentially, Hagan’s following the Claire McCaskill strategy of how to hold your Senate seat in an unfavorable political landscape. An interesting subplot here is that Rand Paul, who’s desperate to make nice with the establishment before he runs in 2016, actually endorsed Brannon a few days ago. Why he did that, I’m not sure; maybe he’s taken enough heat for backing Mitch McConnell that he felt he needed to support the most right-wing candidate he could find in another race. If Brannon ends up holding Tillis below 40 percent, though, or beating him outright in a run-off, the Paul/establishment flirtation will be all over.

Here’s the returns page for Tillis vs. Brannon for Senate. Ace’s “decision desk” team will also have returns as they come in. The polls in both North Carolina and Ohio close at 7:30 ET.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

In this thread: Tea Party wackos unhinged. Lol. Beautiful. Go back to the sandbox. The adults have taken back control of our party. :-)

NoStoppingUs on May 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Math is hard for you too. It’s sad when the Rs can’t do math. I thought that only the D-rats are that stupid. How is president Romney doing? Same as Jeb Bush will be. Laughing at you is more fun than laughing at libfreeordie.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

First, there hasn’t been an election between Hagan and Tillis yet, so chastising people before it happens seems counterproductive. Until that election happens, minds can be changed and I am suggesting, that unless you endorse the tactics of the Left, insults are not a winning strategy. And ultimately, peoples’ votes are their own and while I may not agree, they have to do what they are going to do. You will not find me using the words RINO, Trucon, Soccon but that’s me.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM

There’s nothing counterproductive about counter-attacking someone who’s attacking Tillis even after he clinched the nomination – those people are Democrat trolls and deep down you know that. Why would anyone let their lies about Tillis go unchecked?

You’re a bit of a hypocrite though, aren’t you? You have no problems attacking people who chastise TruCons yet I’ve never seen you attacking people who use the word RINO. You were willing to offer AirForceCane a stern rebuttal yet you didn’t say a word about Murphy9 attacks on other conservatives and his lies about Tillis.

Even if you aren’t a hypocrite, I’m sure you understand why some might think you are. You’re so worried about people who reply to the TruCons insults yet you never say anything about the constant insults TruCons throw at everyone else.

Fearless prediction: if Brannon had won the primary and I had posted a comment here attacking him (something I’d never do and never did), your attitude would be completely different. And that tells me everything I need to know about you. If you want to be seen differently and gain credibility, change your attitude – start rebuking everyone who attacks other Republicans and not just a few.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Fluke off you hack.
Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Charming. Aren’t you so polite? Perhaps Cindy can write a post lecturing you about insults!

I’m using a Brit English spell-checker, don’t worry about my spelling.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

joana, if you don’t start attacking Hagen, instead of attacking everyone who’s not you, you are an obama-shill.

Otherwise you’ll never win anyone over. See Romney.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

just.leave.Peggy.Alone.dammit! sniffffff

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I’m using a Brit English spell-checker, don’t worry about my spelling.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Find a mirror, hack. You insult all and then run to the HA mgmt if you’re not “treated with respect”.

F*ck off, you harlot. Respect is earned.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM

just.leave.Peggy.Alone.dammit! sniffffff

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hey Bradky, your friend joana works for obama too.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Don’t waste your time trying to offer her advice, Cindy. She’s a paid political hack. Here’s joana’s stated reason for being here:

I don’t care what people think about me as long as the message passes.

And TruCons only understand the language of shame and ridicule. You can’t get to them with nuanced or sophisticated speech because their political minds were shaped by the screaming and demagoguery of talk radio. The form follows the function.

I’d rather use a different tone, but I know for a fact this is what works with them, regardless of all the protests.

joana on May 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I have no friends.

I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I think you need to find a comment of me attacking anyone. I don’t attack and I don’t name call, and if pointing out the futility of that isn’t something you can understand then we should both stop wasting our time.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

LOL! Not to worry, I have been on the receiving end of some of Schadenfreude’s negative comments. And lived to tell about it.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM

This is still going? LOL
Did JoJo even sleep?

bazil9 on May 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM

And it was fair and I always loved/respected you, and always will.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

B9
Be fine!

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

But does it work? According to Byron York 4% of the vote that Gov. Romney would have normally been able to count on, didn’t support him. I would think that 4% is just about the right number of people who would be tired of being insulted and ridiculed. I have to assume that they have coercers and ridiculers on the payroll and only the employer can decide whether it is money well spent.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Ditto! Although, while fair, I’m not sure it changed my mind about talking to people.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

My hero! Look at you coming in to save the day and it’s not even a Palin thread.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Thank you lineholder.

I don’t care what people think about me as long as the message passes.

joana on May 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Then the harlot/hack runs to Ed and the other HA editors and biatches about “not being respected” over here. Heh, fiction is not better than reality. I love joana.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM

That’s ok. thuja turned out to be even more despicable…on euthanasia for children…

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Yes and the Hurricane is smiling! Chuckle!

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Plus, Cindy, each should use their own minds, if they have any. No joana of the world will ever change mine.

I figured the D-rats out early in life and learned about the R-rats the hard way. They can both persist all they want.

They’ll be the same looters/moochers. Hillary/Huntsman, or Hillary/Jeb Bush…perfect ticket for the USA. Mix them all up and be done with.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM

How does someone get like that? I’m sure I’ll never know but you just don’t get that kind of belief system without some seriously screwed history.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Nothing wrong with being a donkey, Bradky :)

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Bradky on May 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Ahhh, you *sniff sniff* saved my comment. That’s so touching.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I don’t think it works, because people don’t respond positively to constant negative reinforcement.

In fact, I think it’s likely to do more harm than good, particularly going into 2016. SoCons are having fairly good success at state/local levels. Most of us see national Repubs as having abandoned traditional values, and have just decided it would mean that we would have to work harder at state/local levels, so that is what we’ve chosen to do.

In the process, we’ve distances themselves somewhat from national politics, and people like joana (or perhaps I should say attitudes like the one she displays) won’t encourage them to become re-engaged with national politics either.

True wisdom would say to consider these factors, but joana knows too much to even consider advice offered to her by anyone for any reason.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Really? Does she do that? She once accused me of stalking her and “worse things” but never expanded on it. I was so disappointed, I really wanted to know more about me.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Now now, you don’t say that to Honda.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Don’t know – used to believe that thuja was somewhat together. Maybe believes in people being harmful to a clean environment.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Yes, she insults all, then feels “stalked” at the slightest reply to her tempers.

She is either an obama-shill or needs meds. I asked OC last night to pray more for her. He does.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I’m not totally convinced it doesn’t work. Look at the Tea Party. I think it was strongest when it was gathering in their home towns, not endorsing politicians but fighting for less spending and taxation. Somehow, that became a racist and treasonous act and a lot of people didn’t want the association. Not the bulk but enough. Of course they are also the majority of people working to pay for all this crap so their time is limited. Then when they attempt to go the conventional route, they are attacked by a government institution. Negative seems to work.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You think she’s an Obama shill?

I think she’s an Establishment hack. I saw this same kind of attitude four years ago from some Establishment hacks trying to discredit every candidate but Romney. That’s what they do, believing that it will direct people toward their chosen candidate.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Sometimes he seem so rational. Does Bill Gates (probably from his father) believe that there needs to be an 85% reduction in the population?

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

That’s my read also. I’d rather believe she belongs to Obama but sadly, I don’t.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Oh, I don’t disagree with you that negative can work. It depends on how it is used.

OTOH, it is possible for the person or group on which the negative influence is being exerted to be proactive rather than reactive.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM

It would be interesting to know what motivated that 4% that should have voted for Gov. Romney.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

You think she’s an Obama shill?

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Everybody knows that if you want a horse to drink you hit it upside the head with an empty water bucket.

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

If you really believe that you we it to yourself to leave. Cash in every last dollar and find someplace that is’t “ruined”.

Only leftists around here are this stupid.

If you don’t it might just mean you are having a tantrum or something.

How puerile of you to say this.

Look, you are as old as Yoda

That’s right. You and I know each other. We were in deep shit, together, me flying bombs to down the enemies, in several wars, and you in diapers.

You’re still in diapers and I missed this ‘brilliant’ message of yours, because my nurse came in to change my Depends.

Plus, I thought that only the D-latrine-rats hated old people. How nice and respectful of you to surpass them in this regard.

Oh, I occasionally play music from WWI, so I am really, really, really old. Those medals…mh, should dust them off now…

, don’t you remember the aftermath of the Vietnam war? The gas lines? The polyester? We beat that.

You did?

We beat the Soviets.

You did? LilliPutin makes fun of the lilliputian in the WH, 24/7. I like to watch, in between Depends changes.

We beat the Nazis…

You didn’t, but I did.

We can get past Obama and the confederacy of pajama boys and bata males.

Here’s hoping, and cheering you on, against all odds. You’re not fighting only him; you’re fighting the R/Ds, the same machine, funded by the same sources. 29/30 WallSteeters are for Hillary already. They also want Jeb, just for the primaries.

We do need to start kicking ass though. Not just each others.

V7_Sport on May 7, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Here you were right.

Otherwise, you disrespect the elderly, just like the leftist rats do and you consider yourself superior to the other legitimate Americans. What a brat. Good luck kiddo.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What difference does it make, one or the other? Same results as in 2012.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

So would I! Those are the kinds of studies that could be helpful to Conservatives whereas the Establishment probably couldn’t care less.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Some of them were bigots against a Mormon, unfortunately.

Others were just tired of the joanas in DC.

It’s really all a shame, because at least Mitt didn’t hate his country. But amnesty would by now be the law.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Agree with you about the outcome.

I think it matters because it isn’t only the Dems who can be deceitful.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Heh! That’s actually the rather perverse kind of logic being displayed, isn’t it?

Nice analogy, BTW.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Yet, you offered rebuttals to me and AirForceCane but none to Murphy9 or any of the other TruCons. This is your patterned behaviour.

Why is that?

Why should AirForceCane care about your lecture on how the right isn’t a monolithic block when you never say that to people like Murphy9 or Schadenfreude?

Do you understand your own hypocrisy or not really?

If you’re so worried about being understood, fix that and your passive-aggressive behaviour.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

You’re an aggressive-aggressive, but then you run to mgmt “they are stalking poor me, poor joana, I’m so nice”.

Meh, psychology!

Plus, it’s behavior.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I question what I don’t understand and want clarification. Making a blanket statement to get with the program is not edifying. Oh, goody… passive-aggressive, I do love an internet shrink.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

How much did these comments hurt you? Did you cry?

joana’s tone is extremely irritating.

That said, I’ll shamelessly admit that right now I’m banging my head against a brick wall at the thought that, not being a NC resident, I made a couple of donations to Brannon. I confess I had no idea about some of the stuff I read here. Bummer. Oh well.

droponov on May 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM

OK, this is coming from someone who isn’t in NC so what I have is what I see here. I know I’m not going to get the truth from the media.

Now, forget about Tillis for the moment….

If half the stuff joana has said about Brannon is true (and she has some pretty convincing links), she’s right, like it or not.

And even if none of it is true, it’s obviously out there already, and will be used in exactly the same way as if it was all completely true. Which means it will be used exactly as joana has said, and I think all of us know it. On the other hand, if it is true, it will affect more than the NC race. And I think we all know that too.

That being said, the evidence provided that purported to show that Tillis was an amnesty supporter was pretty weak sauce. Surely, if he truly is, there is better evidence. Showing better evidence would have the effect of avoiding further infighting, I would hope. Infighting is not gonna help anyone but democrats.

runawayyyy on May 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM

There are more and more people wondering how can be people who are constantly attacking other conservatives be conservatives. It’s just not me. It’s not just on some random blog comments – check any post-morten of yesterday primaries.

People are fed up with the “If don’t agree 100% with me, you’re a liberal RINO crowd”. They’re fed up with the crazies who keep pushing unelectable nutjobs in the primaries because to them conservatism isn’t about implementing conservative policies but a lifestyle of making loud statements.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

The presence of some people is coutner-productive for the conservative movement.

Goldwater, Buckley and Kirk understood this – and promptly marginalized and ostracized the Birchers.

TruCons are our era Birchers.

If your contribution to the conservative movement is primarily about electing more Democrats because you’re more interested in being an emotional blowhard attacking anyone you don’t see as pure as “evil” and “RINO”, then you’re not needed. Sensible conservatives will eventually drive you out – it’s better to have you disengaged than hurting conservatism.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I hadn’t given the religion possibility a single thought but that is probably plausible. Actually Gov Romney was a man for the times we were in and I don’t know about amnesty, didn’t he actually talk about self deportation. I think the whole immigration issue is a card trick/slight of hand. Although Democrats surely want more voters, it’s hard for me to imagine that corporations want legal labor that they will actually have to pay for. Funding the border, de-funding the borders legislating new laws they aren’t going to enforce. It’s all a big joke. On us.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Darlin, he probably doesn’t care, he doesn’t seem to have comment back. You on the other hand…….

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Goldwater went with Ford after all Reagan had done for him. Not my hero.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Negative only works when there’s something to it.

When the Tea Party started allowing people like Brannon or McDaniel or O’Donnell to claim to represent them -and refused to flat out say “those guys are buffoons”- it condemned itself.

That’s why it worked. Blame yourselves.

It’s akin to you refusing to call out people like Murphy9 or Schadenfreude, if you want an analogy at the micro-level.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Like I said last night, go for it! Drive out those “undesirables”, joana.

It won’t turn out the way you’ve deluded herself into thinking it will.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Seems to me you don’t have a good answer Cindy.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Murphy9 or Schadenfreude, you are very very bad men for not giving the Republican party your entire heart and soul and for even thinking of questioning their divine wisdom.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

It’s a comment. He doesn’t care to reply. He doesn’t care about my opinion. I can live with that. What kind of good answer do you want? It’s a blog. Get over yourself.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Aww. Granny is bitter. So much passive-aggressiveness, gosh. Not good for your skin.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Fu*k off, harlot. Without the TEA party, even accounting for the stupid elements, there w/b no Speaker Boehner. Wake up, or take meds.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hey, if your base is undesirable, what are you going to do? Besides lose, I mean.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM

So much passive-aggressiveness, gosh. Not good for your skin.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

So much aggressive-aggressivism, which then runs to mommy…meh. You need another doctorate.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Alas, I am not a granny, nor bitter and my skin is quite nice but thanks for playing.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Joana, you don’t know me from Hogan’s Goat and no reason to know me as we have never talked. I usually have lame tries at humour or when serious ask questions first before replying to a member with strong posts.

If you don’t answer I 100% understand. If you do I was wondering what is your idea of a socon and a trucon?

You do rapid fire posts and I understand you may not read this comment.

Have a good day.

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Thank you for the compliment, you “passive-aggressive” HotArian, you!

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I just wanted you to come down of your self-righteousness high horse and stop pretending to be some reasonable above the fray judge so worried about negativism and divisiveness. You’re perfectly fine with vitriol, vileness and insults as long as it’s your side doing it.

Don’t call out people like me or him on our criticism when you play along those who criticize us.

I have little patience for holier-than-thou pathetic hypocrites, you see? That’s one of the reasons I dislike people like you and Obama.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Liar

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I attempted to make that point last night, but it doesn’t seem to permeate joana’s realm of consciousness that this would be the most likely outcome of the course of action she is pursuing (She needs an Ishikawa diagram on this one, I think)

I also attempted to present to her that this group of ‘undesirables” has historically proven to be the most active group on the party when it comes to putting boots on the ground for Republicans during elections seasons. She more or less informed that those services on our part were no longer desired.

(You do know that I’m expressing her part of it in a much nicer tone that she used at that time, right?)

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Hmmm, I don’t usually consider people who use ” vitriol, vileness and insults” as being on my side. I thought that was my problem with you. But please don’t include AirForceCane with yourself. His comment was perfectly lovely.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

No way?!?! I am shocked. Well, when the time comes and nominees are in place, we will just have to work nicely to get people on board with logic and patience. I think we have a really fine bunch of options for 2016 and so far I haven’t seen anyone in Congress that I can’t support.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I’m afraid I don’t have a very good definition for SoCon. I find that type of moniker very flawed. Venturing one, I suppose I could that a SoCon is someone who’s primarily worried about so-called social issues with regards to the political arena. They might be socially conservative individuals or not – just like there are plenty of socially conservative individuals who aren’t SoCons in the political sense. I don’t have a problem with people who tend to self-identify as SoCons – most of them are conservatives. I agree more with some than with others and have an understanding of the proper role of the government that is similar to mine.

A TruCon is someone whose political participation is about indulging on a lifestyle of taking loud stands and airing grievances than about implementing conservative policies. They have a quasi-nihilistic and over-emotional view on the political process and share with Marxists, liberals and other leftists the view that politics isn’t about settling for the lesser evil and gradualism, as conservatives purpose, but about immanentizing the eschanton. They reject any sort of pragmatism, compromise or analytical reasoning and are an easy prey for identity politics.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Thank you for the compliment, you “passive-aggressive” HotArian, you!

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

You do know that of the ten levels of RedNeck foreplay, passive-aggressive is the first level? Chuckle!

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

ROFL!

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Good grief, don’t tell The Husband.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Who exactly are you talking about? You keep saying “us”. Do you mean you and your family?

Is anyone fooled by this Moby?

I think you’re a bit too transparent. All your posts are attacking Republicans – except those who are supported by Democrats in the primaries, like Brannon in NC.

Why are you defending liberal Kay Hagan over conservative Thom Tillis at this point?

joana on May 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM

. You are a nasty piece of reprobate trash. How much is Rove’s group paying you?

Murphy9 on May 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM

So, who do you support in the general? Hagan or Tillis? Do you want Hagan to lose the election in November or not?

joana on May 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Keep up your day job Fairy Fluke. I’m out. Last propaganda is yours.

Murphy9 on May 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Are you trying to convince me that the GOP can’t win without the Murphy9? That I should be worried about that?

Oh the innocence.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Pardon the intrusion, but certain aspects of this are becoming downright comical. In response to this

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Here’s Bishop’s take from the wee hours of the morning….

Not really.

In this thread: angsty over-emotional pseudo-nihilist emos posing as anthropologically pessimist conservatives.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM

That was awesome! You should write a pamphlet on the various types of conservatives and how to identify them, I’d even pass them out for you.

Bishop on May 7, 2014 at 1:35 AM

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM

The hamsters need feed.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Thanks as I had the two a little confused with each other. Don’t laugh at me….but I did have to look up the meaning for “immanentizing the eschanton”. I learned something from your posts and again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Wish you well.

HonestLib on May 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM

The TruCons attack anyone who doesn’t agree with their candidates of choice, even if tuat happens to be 9/11 Truther and convicted fraudster with no conservative record, as vile liberal RINOs and American traitors.

Then they play the victim claiming to be persecuted and crying that those they attacked want to purge them.

Crazies are going to be crazies, I suppose.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Self-delusion
noun
Self-delusion is the act of deceiving one’s self.
An example of self-delusion is a person who believes himself to be much smarter than he actually is.

airupthere on May 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Crazies are going to be crazies, I suppose.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

You describe yourself, perfectly. We’ll pray for you, to get better.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Amazed that those who attack others from the left are dumbfounded when they get no respect on a conservative blog.

airupthere on May 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Lunch?

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM

airupthere on May 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Nobody is attacking “from the left”.

You even admitted yourself this isn’t ideological.

Let’s stop pretending that the 9/11 Truther paid by Kay Hagan and similar candidates are “from the right” and those who criticize them and their supporters are “from the left”.

joana on May 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Who is paying this Fluckian harlot?

Murphy9 on May 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM

TOTUS Shill & Establishment Hack = SAME THING (or at least the same disappointing results)

And for those of Yall from Rio Linda:

TOTUS – Telepromter of the United States

Katfish on May 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Murphy9 on May 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I heard you’re going to vote for Kay Hagan!!!!!!!!

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM

well it is over this time … I voted FOR Greg B. … the fact the Mitt and Jeb like
Tom T is enough for me to vote against him …
I would have liked to have held Tom T to under 40% and had a run off
but it was not to be … I will vote for the nominee … which is more then
a lot of GOPe will do when their candidate loses in the primaries ….

conservative tarheel on May 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM

conservative tarheel on May 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM

There will always be some but I bet Mr. Tillis wins handily.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I certainly hope so …. I intend to vote for him …

conservative tarheel on May 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Schadenfreude-

Only leftists around here are this stupid.

That’s not a rebuttal, it’s an insult. If you think the country is “ruined” get out of it and stop making those of us who want to save it pull your weight..

If you don’t it might just mean you are having a tantrum or something.

How puerile of you to say this.

So your word of the day calendar came up “puerile”… again, not addressing what I wrote.

Look, you are as old as Yoda

LOL, or you could just be full of it.

Stop emptying your depends on this message board.

Who said I hated anyone? You are judging me by your yardstick.

You should post some photos of that Iron cross you got. My grandfather once claimed to have shot down the Red Baron, landed and then singlehandedly kicked your Kaiser out of Berlin with Jean Harlow on his arm while he did it. Should we re-write the history books to reflect these new facts?

You did?

The United States has beaten bigger than Obama and the current crop of garbage that’s in our government, academia and media. We didn’t listen to the blowhard narcissists who wanted it all to burn down and declared the country “ruined”.

We beat the Soviets.

What part of “WE” are you not getting? Like I wrote; the score board is -Zero- Soviet invasions of Virginia Beach on my watch. You’re welcome.

We beat the Nazis…

You didn’t, but I did.

So you were the only one in the parade… I was told the guy who I was named after who was killed at Falaise had something to do with that. I thought that only the D-latrine-rats took credit for other peoples actions.

We can get past Obama and the confederacy of pajama boys and bata males.

Here’s hoping, and cheering you on, against all odds.

Not feeling the love. Seriously, the country is not ruined but it is in trouble. It needs people of good faith, including irascible old geezers to push back on all fronts. Especially the political. I outlined a strategy that is more moral, more patriotic and will be more effective than simply letting it all burn to the ground in the hands of the garbage that we have ceded control to.

Otherwise, you disrespect the elderly…

Wow.. didn’t you just write:

F*ck off, you harlot. Respect is earned.

Schadenfreude on May 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I don’t respect the idea that we should let the country die to exert our influence over the rebuilding. It’s a crazy pipe-dream. It’s inherently treasonous and un-conservative. It wont, ever, work. What springs up from the rubble wont be the stuff of Jefferson, Madison and Washington.

V7_Sport on May 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM

V7_Sport on May 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM

While I hope you are right, you do realize that the youth of the United States total knowledge of the Founders is that they were white racist slave owners? That’s a hard foundation to build on and I can understand why there is a lot of who aren’t hopeful. That said, I’m from Virginia Beach so good to “see” you.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM

conservative tarheel on May 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I don’t know about that. My phone has been ringing off the hook today with people calling, upset about the outcome of the vote. The way they see it, electing Tillis will be putting another Graham/McCain in the Senate, and they’re not sure they want to do that.

Lots of people really ticked off at the GOPe being involved in four different races across NC.

Someone sent me an email saying “The relationship between Conservatives and the GOPe is like being married to an abusive spouse. Not sure I’m up to the beatings any more”

Funny, but not so funny.

lineholder on May 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Cindy Munford

Education is another area we have ceded to the left. Everything is racism and economic disparity and cultural imperialism and blah, blah blah.
There are things we can’t change and things we can, obviously. I think part of what we need to change as conservatives is that we have grown accustomed to just shutting up and settling for letting those with an agenda that we oppose get away with using their positions to further it. It’s amazing to see things like parents getting arrested for speaking out at school board meetings, but that’s the extent of the problem.

That said, I’m from Virginia Beach so good to “see” you.

I was at NAS Oceana at the end of my time in the USN. Please don’t think I was being serious there, just trying to rile Schadenfreude. I loved Virginia beach though, it was a great time.

V7_Sport on May 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM

V7_Sport on May 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Oh, darn, I thought you were living there. It’s a great place and will always be home.

Cindy Munford on May 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Wall Sreet Journal (May, 2014) / Tea Party Impact Still Looms Large: Matt Canter, a spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, portrays GOP “establishment” candidates as tea-party wolves in sheep’s clothing. “The GOP establishment has embraced the tea party’s candidates and policies in order to beat them,” he said.

Interesting.

sohumm on May 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM

A thought about joana.

Bmore on May 8, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Holy moly.

BREAKING NEWS: Keith Crisco, who was battling Clay Aiken for the Democratic nomination in the 2nd Congressional District, died Monday after falling at his Randolph County home, according to Crisco’s company, Asheboro Elastics.
Follow the latest developments at http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=9564

Boy, you never know when your time is up! I guess this means Aiken will be the nominee, though they had not finished the official tally. Not sure what the protocol is.

GinaC on May 12, 2014 at 4:48 PM