Condi Rice declines Rutgers commencement address

posted at 9:31 am on May 4, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

You’d probably imagine that it would come as quite the feather in your cap for any university to land a commencement speaker who was both a former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor. Such was the enviable position that Rutgers found itself in after booking Condoleezza Rice as their guest of honor this year. Or at least it was until a number of their students – and professors! – protested the decision. After not much time at all, Rice put an end to the debate by cancelling the gig.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has backed out of delivering the commencement address at Rutgers University following protests by some faculty and students over her role in the Iraq War.

Rice said in a statement Saturday that she informed Rutgers President Robert Barchi that she was declining the invitation to speak at the graduation.

“Commencement should be a time of joyous celebration for the graduates and their families,” Rice said. “Rutgers’ invitation to me to speak has become a distraction for the university community at this very special time.”

The response by the faculty in particular was fertile ground for a lot of bad jokes in the headlines, given that schools are ostensibly in business to support open debate and the exchange of ideas. For one excellent example, see Awful School Is Awfully Intolerant. Adding to the implausible nature of the story was the reason given by the editorial board at Rutgers newspaper.

The largest student newspaper, The Daily Targum, also urged the school to reconsider in a strong editorial that said that none of their commencement speakers should have “questionable politics.”

Seriously? I thought questionable politics was essentially the cornerstone of modern debate. Everyone’s political views will wind up being questionable to somebody. But perhaps the conclusion to this is all for the best, as noted by Rick Moran.

The Rutgers community has every right to make their feelings known about Condi Rice addressing their grads. But they are losing far more than they win when Rice does the classy thing and turns down the invite. It’s easy to place your hands over your ears and shut out ideas you disagree with. It is so much harder — and far more honorable — to open your mind in order to listen to someone with whom you have little in common.

One other question comes from this story. How is it that Condi Rice only gets $35K for a speaking appearance? Have you seen what Bill Clinton pulls in? Surely this is the War on Women.

Comments

Bishop.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM

The Rutgers Racists can go to heeel

TX-96 on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Rutgers should replace Condi with Donald Sterling.
Maybe then,they will begin to learn……
From some,we learn how to
from others,we learn how not to

Rick Moran said it well

Neal4007 on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Vicar.

Akzed on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

The left treats black people who don’t agree with their politics worst than they treat any white person.

Walter L. Newton on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

This is the future of academic debate, I suppose. Which interest group can force out more guest speakers than any other wins. It’s been over a decade since I have been in the loop with the college scene, but I do remember it being fashionable to show up dressed as Arafat when an Israeli was speaking at a conference.

I suppose it’s just too big of a hassle to get dressed up these days.

thei3ug on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Like the case of Ayaan Hirsi Ali having her honorary degree from Brandeis cancelled following protests by Muslims and Leftist professors.

The Leftist/Muslim partnership in fascism continues.

WhatSlushfund on May 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Walter L. Newton on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

They eat their own if they are not in lock-step and conservative blacks are the first to be served up.

gracie on May 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Now, you see, I had a real comment and was so afraid that I’d write the comment, add my “Bishop” and then look like a fool (again) when it turned out to be the third or fourth comment instead. So, I just fired off a single “Bishop”.

I’m pathetic.

I originally agreed with a commenter yesterday who took the road that she wasn’t being very brave with her decision. That she should have forced her right to accept the invitation and do the commencement. But this …

This is just pure class and it’s hard to fault her sincerity and reasoning. Liberals win another small engagement that they cheat at to win, but lose sight of the bigger virtue they profess to advocate. Their “free speech” is limited to you parroting exactly what they believe.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Rice displayed her usual classiness and pulled back when she felt it was negatively impacting the graduation.

Unfortunately Rutgers negatively impacted the school worse by not having the stones to stand up to a small group of malcontents.

So the Left hates blacks & classy women.

katiejane on May 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM

She’s a role model. That’s probably what they don’t like.

If anybody is looking for the QOTD from last night it’s the white house correspondants thread.

crankyoldlady on May 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that some of these invites were designed to elicit this kind of reaction.

Akzed on May 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Apparently, she’s the wrong shade of black. Did Rutger’s choose her on purpose, knowing that some students and faculty would protest, just to stick it to the right-wing? No racism or hate on women called into question here? Diversity goes only skin deep.

racquetballer on May 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Ya’ll kissing Condi’s backside seen her in the ad with Bouncy, and others, wanting to eliminate the word “bossy”.

I didn’t think so.

If you like hate crimes and, now, hate words (and ultimately hate thoughts) you’re gonna love a big snuggle with Condi.

Ruckus_Tom on May 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Why is a school paying that much to anybody to speak? If I had a kid in college and was paying the extortionate tuition and saw they were spending that much money I would complain.

crankyoldlady on May 4, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Damn shame . This article covers it all . No wonder Farage is getting such
a big boost in the UK .
BTW……..don’t say FIESTA ’cause it’s racist !

Lucano on May 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Condoleeza Rice is a conservative, obviously. Not as conservative as me, and too much of an interventionist, but I never have cause to think she’s BSing, and really wants to be a lefty. That’s rare. Too bad she doesn’t want to run for office.

BTW, somehow ‘Barack’ made it into spell check, but ‘Condoleeza’ still hasn’t. That tells you something right there.

Fenris on May 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

The “Ban Bossy” ad with cute little Condi and Bouncy.

That should have been enough to get her un-invited from all universities.

Ruckus_Tom on May 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Hey ! NO8 !

Lucano on May 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM

The “Ban Bossy” ad with cute little Condi and Bouncy.

That should have been enough to get her un-invited from all universities.

Ruckus_Tom on May 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

That’s interesting. I didn’t realize that she had been part of that nonsense. Takes her down a notch in my eyes.

Word banning is for morons. It leads to idea and people banning. How ’bout that, Condi?

BuckeyeSam on May 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Would a university refuse to admit Hillary Clinton?

Remember she helped authorize the Iraq War.

Shouldn’t the blood of all 75 trillion Iraqi men, women, children, kittens and unicorns ruthlessly murdered by US soldiers be on her hands as well?

TaraMaclay on May 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

$35,000 is chump change. Hillary gets like $200,000.

Techster64 on May 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Agreed. They also shouldn’t wear glasses, be part of any intelligentsia class, speak a foreign language, wear western clothing, or be literate beyond the basics.

I love what this nation is becoming, why, because I’ve always had a deep yearning to live under the Khmer Rouge.

Bishop on May 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Vicar.

Akzed on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Now that’s funny; I don’t care who you are.

/moar cowbell HA injokes

Eviva on May 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

crankyoldlady on May 4, 2014 at 9:56 AM

The colleges have to gloss over the fact that 90% of the graduates are self-centered douchebags with expensive educations who will find themselves working at Starbucks for the next 3-5 years.

So they bring in someone to speak loftily and encourage the little jerkwads to strive and reach for the stars.

Bishop on May 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Their “free speech” is limited to you parroting exactly what they believe.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Well that is what leftism is all about. The interesting thing is that they are too stupid to even grasp that concept. It’s no wonder that the bulk of the leftist are considered useful idiots. Back in my day I use to get a real kick out of all the “non-conformists” that dressed and acted exactly the same way in order to prove that they don’t conform. Just more useful idiots.

I’m sure that nobody would have a problem with Ayers speaking in her place. After all, his politics are theirs without question.

Dr. Frank Enstine on May 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Rice is a class act. And kudos go out to Rutgers for refusing to be pressured to withdraw Rice’s invitation.

The Rutgers Racists can go to heeel

TX-96 on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

When I first heard about this story, I got in an argument on reddit, and with one of my liberal buddies that evening, where I said if Rice (or any black conservative/Republican) was a liberal and was asked to speak at a conservative-leaning university, and there was a small faction of students who protested, they’d be called “racists” by the liberals faster than a runaway locomotive. And anyone I mentioned that to agreed, and said they would be racists…because, of course, conservatives are…by default…racists anyway.

According the the liberals who sided with opponents of Rice as speaker at Rutgers, they say it had nothing to do with politics (yeah, right) but was about her alleged status as a “war criminal”. And only Republicans can be that, undoubtedly.

JetBoy on May 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Vicar.

Akzed on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Dammit. It has nothing to do with religion but it does have to do with a man named Jim.

Bishop on May 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Liberal fascists.

What’s wrong with this picture: Exceptional black female with two loving parents raised in the segregated Jim Crow South grows up to become one of the most accomplished women in history.

Sorry, Condi. Your incredible life story does not fit the liberal narrative. Black Conservatives terrify them. You left the farm.

Philly on May 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

OT: I gotta ask…can someone briefly explain the whole “Bishop!” meme thing going around recently?

JetBoy on May 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Liberals always forget that conservatives are listening exist when they think they’re safe in their own little bubbles. No matter how many times it happens, it’s always a cold bucket of water to the face to discover there are normal, intelligent people out there who– gasp! — disagree with them.

Eviva on May 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Well, of course Condi Rice is racist. Most likely she is sexist, as noted, with her “War on Women”. And clearly Islamophobic. I mean, please.

Marry me, Condi! Rutgers can play with it’s collective navel.

Chuck Ef on May 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

JetBoy on May 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Recently?

BuckeyeSam on May 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Bishop on May 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

didn’t think it did but it’s still hilarious, n’est-ce pas?

JetBoy on May 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Bishop for quite a while had been first (still is, AFAIK) on a lot of QOTD threads. If someone else got there first, in honor of him, they’d shout, “Bishop!” instead of the traditional “first!” I think a morphin’ meme’s always a good thing. :)

Eviva on May 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Yes, she’s a class act. That’s for sure. And the Rutgers students are the poorer for the cancellation. But she’s not really conservative.

Cleombrotus on May 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Er. Rutgers in in New Jersey and takes state money. I seriously think that the peop;le of New Jersey should secede and joun Russia or the New Soviet Union if they tolerate these actions from paid state academics. If funding is not cut off, then Rutgers should be closed, along with the rest of the librul indoctrination centers. Albert Einstein would be ashamed of his former institution. Either fully open politics to all at the university or keep politics completely out. If you don’t have the cajones to buck the marxist staff then terminate all protesting students. Under academic freedom doctrine, universities should only allow protests by libruls. See what happens to conservative students that don’t protest, but try to have open discussions. Universities are for open discussion and discussion of ideas not stifling ideas with protests. If you have to protest than your ideas are worthless.

Old Country Boy on May 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM

They got Snooky to speak for $35.

docflash on May 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM

This is why we don’t win in the marketplace of ideas. My response would have been:
“No, I won’t withdraw. You invited me because you think I have something worthwhile to say to your graduates on this important day. I happen to think I do, as well. So, if you don’t want me showing up, then you will have to disinvite me, and the onus will be on you. As to those who would shut down reasonable discourse simply because they disagree with my politics, grow up. And that applies in particular to the professors at this institution who are involved in the attempt to censor me. Grow up.”

GWB on May 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Recently?

BuckeyeSam on May 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

lol Well, relatively recent I suppose.

Eviva on May 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Gotcha…thanks! Been wanting to ask that for a while, but didn’t want to come off as a noob.

JetBoy on May 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

BTW……..don’t say FIESTA ’cause it’s racist !

Lucano on May 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Well, then, how about SIESTA?

davidk on May 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM

This is why we lose.

DisneyFan on May 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

The school has trained its children well

Today, they passed the final exam

entagor on May 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

“It’s easy to place your hands over your ears and shut out ideas you disagree with.”

“… none of their commencement speakers should have “questionable politics.”

Well actually, the reason they opposed Rice was for her history in the Bush administration – and not her “politics” or ” ideas” post-Bush.

Other than calling herself a Republican, Rice is quite liberal. Rice is pro-abortion, which should endear her to any chowderhead liberal, plus, almost every speech and interview that she has given over the past year or so, has been focused on pushing amnesty. Rice has a long history of pushing amnesty – even going so far as to say that one of the greatest regrets of her time in George W. Bush’s administration was not seeing the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill enacted into law.

Is this what liberals call “questionable politics”? This was just a knee-jerk reaction to Rice’s name and her connection to George Bush – they don’t even know what she stands for.

Yes, Rutgers is losing far more than they gain by opposing Rice – they are losing a chance to hear powerful, black, female Republican push liberal ideas with which most of their students and staff agree.

Pork-Chop on May 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Find me a college anywhere except for Hillsdale where a Republican is the commencement speaker.

It has evolved to this. No university will permit a conservative to speak, ever, any time, no matter what.

Debates are closed. All is settled. It’s over. Get over it, wingnuts. Dude, that was two years ago!

Sting on May 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Albert Einstein would be ashamed of his former institution.

Old Country Boy on May 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Uhhhhh…. no. Wrong physicist, or wrong institution. Princeton, Institute for Advanced Study, post docs only.

ExpressoBold on May 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM

This is why we lose.

DisneyFan on May 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I dunno. I think it was the correct response. As I get older I’m coming to realize that if someone doesn’t want to hear what I have to say, I lose nothing by withdrawing from the dialog; they do.

As a Wise Man once said, “And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. “

Cleombrotus on May 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

So Rutgers decides to be ruled by a small minority of racists.

TfromV on May 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM

A hostile working environment for black women.

Quite an achievement, Rutgers. Congratulations.

Socratease on May 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM

A recent event in Los Angeles, California bizarrely illustrates the madhouse that unfettered application of Political Correctness has created in America. Morality has become a land of shifting sands and anyone can get slapped down like a miscreant at a moment’s notice. A local college sought a commencement speaker for their graduation ceremony.

The first person chosen was a homosexual male. Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black was invited to be Pasadena City College’s commencement speaker. But, before the speech date, sex pics surfaced of this man with a boyfriend, and leaked onto the Internet. Embarrassed, the school invited another speaker—Pasadena Public Health Director Eric Walsh. Yet, before Walsh could deliver, tapes of him next surfaced. He is also pastor of a local Christian denomination, where he condemned the local school district for pandering to gays, and he slammed evolution.

And so what did the school do? What any upstanding, modern, socially aware, educational institution would do in this situation—they re-invited the first man pictured performing homosexual acts. (The amateur gay porn star has yet to respond.)

davidk on May 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Bishop on May 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

And here I always assumed we were in the presence of a Grand Master. As we are.

de rigueur on May 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Some of them would have enjoyed seeing what a learned conservative black woman with spine looked like, Condi, and perhaps even taken a grain of wisdom away from it, to complement four years of indoctrination in leftism. Sorry girl, you failed them.

Ray Van Dune on May 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

$35,000 is chump change. Hillary gets like $200,000.

Techster64 on May 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Hillary is white. Sounds fair.

/s

BobMbx on May 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Condi’s reply should have been……….
“Dude, that was like 10 years ago……”

FlaMurph on May 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Cleombrotus on May 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

The message the institution has received is that leftists don’t give up, but conservatives back down. Future decisions will no doubt reflect this.

DisneyFan on May 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Leftwing Rutger’s students succeed in shutting up a bossy, pro-amnesty black woman.

I don’t really like that, on principle, but I’m having trouble getting worked up about it. These are the same kind of fanatical young leftwing socialists Condi is all for letting jump our border and further erode our American culture based on tolerance, open mindedness and critical thinking.

fadetogray on May 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM

ExpressoBold on May 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM

You are absolutely right. This old man had a brain phart. Rutgers is the place they named after a carrot or beet, ain’t it. The only pphysic Rutgers needs used to be called Lax. Now it is Ex- .

Old Country Boy on May 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM

DisneyFan on May 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I suppose it depends on what kind of a scene the opposition is planning on making. If it’s just a few disgruntled naysayers, then you’re correct. But if it’s a scene like when Ann Coulter or a genuine conservative comes to town, then, why bother? Nothing can get through the chaos they have in store anyway and it just becomes a scene.

I suspect that in this case there would probably have been, at the most, a few sign carriers on the sidelines with the majority being respectful so you’re on good ground here.

Except for the part about conservatives. Condi’s attractive on many levels, not the least being here looks, but she’s no conservative. Pork Chop has it exactly right. I suspect I’m simply enjoying the irony of them agitating for the removal of someone with whom they actually have a lot in common with.

Still, as I say, at this point in my life I’m convinced that the die is cast so why waste efforts on those who no longer want to hear what you have to say. Save it for those who do.

Besides, I seriously doubt Condi would have addressed the real problems you are addressing anyway. I have no indication that she even understands them herself.

Cleombrotus on May 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I believes rutgers is the school that got all indignant about don imus. How soon they forget

jaywemm on May 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Why did Condi decline?

The unspoken reason, that ran through her mind… ‘F’em, I don’t need this bullsh!t’.

farsighted on May 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Which side is it that is always demanding tolerance? Just askin…

Zumkopf on May 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

hawkdriver on May 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

…I would like to parrot…what you just said!…thank you.

KOOLAID2 on May 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Welcome to the US of AmeriKa!

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM

The only pphysic Rutgers needs used to be called Lax. Now it is Ex- .

Old Country Boy on May 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM

LOL

ExpressoBold on May 4, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Anti-Condi “liberals” at Rutgers: soul-mates to Westboro “baptists” at a funeral.

Uncle Ralph on May 4, 2014 at 2:06 PM

I suppose it’s just too big of a hassle to get dressed up these days.

thei3ug on May 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Be sure to thank “libfree” for that the next time you see him post.

ebrown2 on May 4, 2014 at 2:06 PM

I can’t help but think that the Rutgers professors and students would not be crazy about Biden, Hillary, or Kerry speaking at Rutgers either. If they were welcomed by Rutgers in the future, one could only surmise that the refuseniks were liberal racists. Not as rare a combination as you might think.

TheStatistQuo on May 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Their loss. I’ve heard her speak and she blew everyone away. Maybe that’s what they’re afraid of.

tj4osu on May 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Like I was going to write before, how do you think this affects Rutgers’ chances of getting into the College Football Playoff.

corona79 on May 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Our universities are run by leftist dictator wannabes. Been that way since I was in college, which was a long time ago.

oldennis on May 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM

GWB and Disney Fan are right. Score one for campus fascism.

Mike Honcho on May 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Those college kids are doomed when they graduate, because the business world does NOT work like this!
I’d like to be there the first time they pull this crap on the job.
Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!

Tard on May 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Dude, this chick’s, like, way too old. Seriously. And plus, isn’t she, like, a republican, or something…?

And, we got Snooki at Rutgers for only $32,000. . .

mpower on May 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Rutgers is actually nothing but the University of New Jersey. It is a fully State supported school. Some of Hot Air’s readers have confused this entirely undistinguished state school with Princeton, the great New Jersey Ivy League school.

Dr. Rice is certainly not a snob and I can understand why she might consider, as a full Stanford Professor and former very senior government official, accepting a speaking invitation from such a mediocre state school. This nothing school has lost a very fine speaker due to the rude behavior of their faculty and students. Rutgers is an academic joke compared to the great Stanford and is also very lucky not to have to face Stanford on the football field.

John Adams on May 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I’d like to be there the first time they pull this crap on the job.
Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!

Tard on May 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Each is guaranteed a job at Mozilla.
But then, that’s a “non-profit”, isn’t it?

AesopFan on May 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Sec. Rice, demonstrated she is a class act. When informed by opposition of pending demonstrations etc. to disrupt graduation ceremonies. Ms. Rice declined to appear with dignity and respect which focused on the student and parent relationship vice her and her points of view which offended only a small percentage of the entire student body of Rutgers.

MSGTAS on May 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM

MSGTAS,

Give me a break. Former Secretary Rice capitulated to a small and noisy minority who were looking to shut her up. They won and the free exchange of ideas (particularly conservative ideas) lost.

Period. End of story.

I’ll never understand people that argue otherwise. There is nothing classy or dignified about surrendering to campus fascists.

Mike Honcho on May 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Rutgers=Racists

Makes a bold headline, no? Of course this is not how the story is presented by the MSM. It would only be reported this way, if Condi Rice were a liberal who was known for her hatred of America and speeches calling for the violent overthrow of all western democracies and killing of anyone who opposed those world views.

If protests were made against such a person making a commencement speech at any US college or universities, the MSM would be all over it, calling the protests ‘censorship’, and labeling the protestors ‘racist’.

I can say this with confidence, because events like these are not at all uncommon in recent years, and the press coverage of the events based on the politics involved is consistent enough to be predictable.

s1im on May 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM

The whole special speaker outside of some great scholar – since education is the purpose of the university – is a farce and waste of money. The day is to celebrate academic achievement – that is all. The only good thing these events highlight is how close the educational money-making complex is to implosion and that will be good for all. And I say that as a PhD who has taught both college and grad classes. The 60s broke our great educational system, started us on the path towards lavish spending for little quality, and now are creating hundreds of thousands of broke and poorly trained young adults. The sooner this current model is destroyed the sooner we will have a better prepared workforce able to take risks because they are not buried in debt. The Rutgers mess is another example of Nero, Rome and the academic world simply getting reward for bonfires of their own vanity.

Doctor_ChristopherCOS on May 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I was lucky enough to hear Condi Rice speak to a full auditorium in California a few years ago.

Condi gave one of the best speeches I had ever heard!

I admit to having been a big fan of Condi, before the speech. But her speech still exceeded my already very high expectations!

Her speech included a few minutes on the expected topics of Iraq and Afghanistan, but even more interesting was the info she provided on the wide range of issues the State Department was working on in the rest of the world.

In a 1 hour speech Condi transformed my understanding of the vast responsibilities of the Secretary of State.

Rutgers has just taken away an incredible opportunity for its students and their families to hear a speech from a brilliant woman. And that is a shame!

wren on May 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM