Video: The truly amazing Spider-Man

posted at 6:41 pm on April 29, 2014 by Allahpundit

More than one reader e-mailed us the clip today as a proposed palate cleanser, so here you go. Cleanse away. It honestly took me about 20 seconds to figure out that this isn’t CGI. Even so, I’d still take this guy one-on-one in a fight with Spidey.

Yes, yes, I know. “Peter Parkour.” I get it. You’re very clever.

Comments

That is a poor substitute for this.

Stoic Patriot on April 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Peter Parkour. hahaha.

A+

coolrepublica on April 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

D:B13 set the standard, and will be impossible to beat.

Murphy9 on April 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Parkour: leave it to the French to turn running away into a sport. . .

Ealye79 on April 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM

My favorite spider man moment is when he carefully climbed up the fire escape ladder. Stunning!

lorien1973 on April 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Isn’t this the whole point of parkour: to make yourself look like a bit of a superhero?

There Goes the Neighborhood on April 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Parkour: leave it to the French to turn running away into a sport. . .

Ealye79 on April 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Ha, ha, ha!!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Is Spiderman Gay?

Sven on April 29, 2014 at 7:19 PM

The hand stand on roof filmed from an angle to make it seem as if he were on the edge was pretty incredible.

Now I want that 3 minutes of my life back, this was dull.

Bishop on April 29, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Palate cleaned – though the cynic in me was expecting the clip to turn into PSA territory a la “As a freelance photographer for the Daily Bugle (with pre-existing conditions), I was never able to obtain health insurance. But thanks to the new ACA law, I can now obtain affordable health insurance! Sign-up now on healthcare.gov…”

…Oh the unfortunate merging of pop culture with political propaganda.

May need another palate cleanser.

Steamboat on April 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Better than the old Spiderman TV show.

redshirt on April 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I was pretty impressed.

Axe on April 29, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Feeling my nightly moment of killjoy here… pretty sure that’s freerunning, not parkour. Parkour is getting from point A to point B as efficiently as possible. Freerunning is what focuses on those fancy flips and twists.

Jinxed on April 30, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I would rather have the computer graphics, sorry.

apeks on April 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Heavily edited snippets of a stuntman doing gymnastics in highly controlled situations, probably with an OSHA rep watching . Pretty boring. Look up some of the Human/People are Awesome videos on you tube. They put this manufactured silliness to shame.

peacenprosperity on April 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM