Kerry: Hey, I don’t think Israel is an apartheid state … yet

posted at 12:01 pm on April 29, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

After an avalanche of criticism across the political spectrum, Secretary of State John Kerry backed away from his use of “apartheid” in his criticism of Israel — but declined to apologize for it. Instead, Kerry blamed “partisan political purposes” in the criticism, even though members of his own party joined in the criticism, including his former Senate colleague Barbara Boxer (D-CA):

“I will not allow my commitment to Israel to be questioned by anyone, particularly for partisan, political purposes, so I want to be crystal clear about what I believe and what I don’t believe,” Kerry said after U.S. lawmakers and pro-Israel groups criticized him, with some demanding his resignation or at least an apology.

“First, Israel is a vibrant democracy and I do not believe, nor have I ever stated, publicly or privately, that Israel is an apartheid state or that it intends to become one,” he said.

“Second, I have been around long enough to also know the power of words to create a misimpression, even when unintentional, and if I could rewind the tape, I would have chosen a different word to describe my firm belief that the only way in the long term to have a Jewish state and two nations and two peoples living side by side in peace and security is through a two-state solution,” Kerry said.

CBS notes that Kerry came in for plenty of Republican criticism. Eric Cantor, for instance, demanded an apology:

However, criticism wasn’t limited to that side of the aisle:

Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer of California was also critical of Kerry’s comment, saying on Twitter, “Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and any linkage between Israel and apartheid is nonsensical and ridiculous.”

DCCC chair Steve Israel (D-NY) rejected the idea that this was a political attack on Kerry, too:

A few news outlets called this an “apology,” but it’s pretty weak sauce, even if it includes the “if I could rewind the tape” phrase of regret. This sounds like a cross between the standard political non-apology apologies of “I’m sorry if you were offended” and “I’m sorry you’re too stupid to recognize my brilliance.” Given the utter debacle of American foreign policy under Kerry’s tenure and that of his predecessor Hillary Clinton, Kerry’s implicit invocation of his own brilliance is even more arrogant than it normally would be.

Remember …. this is Barack Obama’s top diplomat. Smart power, indeed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Back peddle – sort of

jake-the-goose on April 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM

The left has never met a word they couldn’t appropriate and twist – add apartheid to the list.

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Lurch…

PatriotRider on April 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I like to call these things a “Jane Fonda apology”.

Fenris on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

All his awards and citations fake and fraud by his own lying hands.

His DD-214 fraud.

His new improved Discharge a bit odd.

A blight on the soul and honor of the U.S.A..

A bright shinning light to U.S. all on how far the U.S.A. has fallen.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Is there a more arrogant ass on the planet?

(the answer is no. Not even his boss)

BobMbx on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Eric Cantor, for instance, demanded an apology

Meh, I demand that Kerry resign now.

See, neither one is going to happen, so why not?

hawkeye54 on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Neat.

Sweet.

Petite.

Del Dolemonte on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Hillary happy!
“Bill, add that one to the ‘How I am better than Kerry’ file”.

albill on April 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Whatever they believe works to their advantage, sure thing.

hawkeye54 on April 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM

…we would be much better off…if he just kept flying around the globe like his predecessor…but never land the plane!

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Quick Robin! To the Reset Button!

na-na-na-na-na-na-Biff-BANG!-Pow!…

BobMbx on April 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

If you like your sovereign state…you can keep your sovereign state..or something…

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

*clink*

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Obama always doubles down. In my opinion, Kerry said this because Obama wanted it out there with deny-ability. So we get the standard non-apology, “this is what I meant” explanation of his actual words.

It IS a significant enough of a provocation that Obama himself couldn’t get away with saying it. Kerry is a pompous fool, convinced of his own brilliance.

Mord on April 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Is there anyone in the Obama foreign policy team who doesn’t hate Israel?

MTF on April 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

the criticism, including his former Senate colleague Barbara Boxer (D-CA):

…even no-info voters…should know now how bad the ketchup coming out of horse face’s mouth is…when Senator Ma’am has to fart something out!

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Ah, for the “smart diplomacy” of Hillary Clinton. This is by design. Make her look good by comparison.

rbj on April 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Personal, I do not think that what a man who committed treason thinks is all that important.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Neat.

Sweet.

Petite.

Del Dolemonte on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I love it when you speak French…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I said it wasn’t an apartheid state before I said it was an apartheid state. JK

rjoco1 on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Is there anyone in the Obama foreign policy team who doesn’t hate Israel?

MTF on April 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Doubtful. Probably extends the entire administration. Palestinians good. Israelis bad, and they’ve all really gotta go to make room for the Palestinians.

/snark

hawkeye54 on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Obama, Kerry, Putin, the Pope, and the list goes on—-how many communists does it take to rule the world?

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

All his awards and citations fake and fraud by his own lying hands.

His DD-214 fraud.

His new improved Discharge a bit odd.

A blight on the soul and honor of the U.S.A..

A bright shinning light to U.S. all on how far the U.S.A. has fallen.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on April 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Indeed, he met with the Vietcong in Paris in 1970 and committed treason, instead of facing a firing squad or going to prison, he is now the Sec. of State. How far we have fallen indeed.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Ahh, seriously?

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Smart power, indeed.

Smartness is an accent.

Axe on April 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Did he compare the Jeeeeeeews to Gengis Khan?

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Instead, Kerry blamed “partisan political purposes” in the criticism …

That’s the fallback for white Dems who can’t blame criticism on “racism” … yet.

ShainS on April 29, 2014 at 12:23 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Ahh, seriously?

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM

HotAir has a lot of extremely anti-catholic regulars, it’s always been this way, you need to get over it and get used to it, it’s reality as you like to say.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:23 PM

He is just following the orders of his dhimmi President.

kingsjester on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

If he had said that Pakistan COULD become a terrorist state unless its government take precaution, people would be saying he was speaking the thruth. But he made the mistake of saying that Israel could become anything other than perfect state that it is. The only country in the world where milk and honey flows in rivers and the climate is a perfect 75 degrees, and everyone holds hands and sing.

His next speech is going to be how America looks up to Israel as a model to what it wants to be when it grows up. Israel is perfect and don’t anyone forget it.

coolrepublica on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

OT:

Russian ISS Space Minister suggests US astronauts use trampolines to get to the ISS…

Nice work Bammy…dismantling NASA and having them concentrate on politics and social justice…

PatriotRider on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

In Kerry’s world, the Israelis “had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside…”

Jocundus on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:23 PM

You must be new?

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

John Kerry is a disgrace.

Patriot51 on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Waffles is getting a Purple Heart because his feelings are hurt.

Sven on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

He is just following the orders of his dhimmi President.

kingsjester on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Soros approves.

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Yes, upinak, the Pope, and I am Catholic. Have you been listening to his remarks lately?

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM

The fact that this lying, cheating fool has risen to a hight government position speaks volumes about the devastating disintegration of this once great Republic.

rplat on April 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Yep.

There are a bunch of them. Some, not so pleasant.

kingsjester on April 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM

The last twitter was odd, to say the least. Everyone takes social media in different ways, but I don’t see communist.

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Maybe Kerry should’ve used the “Cone of Silence”?

ToddPA on April 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Yep.

There are a bunch of them. Some, not so pleasant.

kingsjester on April 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I’m not even a Catholic and I find them offensive.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

coolrepublica on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Squirrel!

No state is perfect but it’s the best one by a long shot in the middle east. But maybe you’ll just talk about how the Palestinians are just misunderstood or put upon which is why they elect terrorist groups to rule them and publicly support the complete destruction of the state of Israel.

Tell us about the state of women, gays, minorities or any other group the left pretends to champion in Israel vs palestine (or anywhere else in the region).

Nothing reveals the utter hypocrisy and lack of principles on the left quite like their hatred for Israel.

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I’m not even a Catholic and I find them offensive.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

He isn’t talking about catholics… maybe you should go click on his link and read it?

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:30 PM

“I will not allow my commitment to Israel to be questioned by anyone….” JFnK

Au contraire, I think you will, buddy.

Barnestormer on April 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Sigh… The Pope is not a communists. But for some reason that is a very popular meme here.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Putin is an ex-Communist. The Soviets destroyed churches on a mass scale; under Putin they are being built again by the thousands, and he is encouraging Christianity in general.

By the way, shouldn’t the Communist Chinese rate a mention, since they are –> Communist <– ?

David Blue on April 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM

On Kerry – I’d suggest that he’d be a lot better off to shut up, but it seems he can’t. It’s a matter of temperament.

David Blue on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Isn’t that Jenjis Con?

rottenrobbie on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

The Pope is a marxist, my friend. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can accept it.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

coldpubichair on April 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

…you’re not very good at this!…tell your boss you would rather come up from the septic field…after the mid-terms!

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Did anyone think/say that Kerry is smart? Heh

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

This Administration is a real live Klown Show.

/Make it stop.

Key West Reader on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Look at Drudge. Smart Power… The Russians are threatening our astronauts on the ISS.

Thanks to Obama we don’t have any way to get our people up (and back) from there on our own, and won’t any time soon.

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I’m not even a Catholic and I find them offensive.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

upinak on April 29, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Link? are you seriously that clueless? That’s his blog, not a link to anything he was referencing.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Yep, if I stand against Obama, I’m a racist, and very quickly, here at Hotair, if I take a stand against the Pope, I’m quickly labeled extremely anti-Catholic.

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Not all Popes are John Paul II.

Sadly.

The Church has entered the dark times.

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

No he is not. But my disagreeing I’m sure will not stop you from asserting otherwise.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am a Catholic. And I’m wondering if Francis is one too.

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM

It’s not just the left. We could talk about our very good friends the Saudis, and their king romantically hand in hand with Bush.

David Blue on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

So Kerry “will not allow anyone to question” his position? Sounds like BHO’s plan to reshape America is farther along than we thought. We ALWAYS question our politicians (even if the lapdog press in MSM won’t.Kerry always did think he was an aristocrat because he managed to marry money TWICE (he should write a book about that -guaranteed best seller). Maybe he thinks we’re already a communist country.

dgolfnut on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

“I will not allow my commitment to Israel to be questioned by anyone,

Translation: I will not be questioned or criticized by anyone.

He won’t apologize or justify his ridiculous and hateful rattling because he believes he’s above criticism, even by his own party.

He is not committed to Israel. He’s committed to his own career. He sees his job at State as a stepping stone to the presidency… the golden ring he’s failed to grasp for decades.

thatsafactjack on April 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM

obama’s America

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM

MTF on April 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Yet in the next election, American Jews will vote for the libtards again. I’ll never understand.

Cottonpony on April 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Dull witted crackpot.

pat on April 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I thought he was a Jesuit…

: )

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Quit bitch*in. You’re lucky to be here, so toughen up that skin or you won’t last long…

Key West Reader on April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

David Blue on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

The right isn’t shy about political and strategic alliances with people that aren’t good. The left doesn’t usually bother bringing this stuff up when their guy is in office either.

But the lefts rhetoric goes way beyond a discussion of international policy and affairs – they regularly and strenuously attack Israel as evil but give everyone else in the region a pass. Putin enacts anti-gay speech laws and the left freaks out. Gays are stoned to death in Iran and they couldn’t care less.

gwelf on April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

NO, it will not. I detest marxists beyond all other. That twitter statement was just the last straw.

Equality is for sardines, while obama and the rich Vatican live like…er, emperors. Yes, I know this pope lives more modestly. I know all about him and then some. He is a marxist.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

thatsafactjack on April 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM

…well…he has been good at grasping the golden ring!…when it comes…to his marriages!

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Thank you ConstantineXI. I feel like I’m losing my country and now, my church.

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I thought he was a Jesuit…

: )

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM

They are good.

He is a marxist, and no smiley. It’s a dead serious matter. He hooked up with the new marxist mantra, the French idiot, and with obama. It’s the trifecta from hell.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM

ya effed up there lurch letting the cat out of the bag

it will be fun watching you squrim and the hyprocrite liberals do damage control

sniffles1999 on April 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM

The Botox appears to be leaching into his brain.

But in Kerry’s defense, U.S. foreign policy was already an incoherent mess so it’s not like he threw up on the Mona Lisa…

Byron on April 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Whoa…

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Thank you ConstantineXI. I feel like I’m losing my country and now, my church.

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM

You aren’t losing your religion. :) The Catholic Church has survived some downright bad Popes, heavy reformation, lots of history — and keeps on moving. Look at what you believe, believe that, trust God.

*Disclaimer: Not Catholic.

Axe on April 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM

ToddPA on April 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Former Elgin mayor Ed Schock, who worked closely with Farnham on legislative issues, said Monday the charges were “almost beyond comprehension.”

“It’s hard to really get my head around,” Schock said.

…Democrat Mayor too?

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM

*trust God.

Axe on April 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM

…Tell me this moron will be remembered as ANYTHING but a COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE and I’ll laugh hysterically in your FACE!

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Where? In our universities? On our airwaves? Certainly neither you nor I will remember him fondly, but a lot of people will look back and say:

Our first black President, who bravely implemented health care for all and ushered in world peace. He gave hope to the immigrant and aid to the downtrodden. At his incarnation, the ocean’s began to recede and the earth was healed.

Fenris on April 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM

thatsafactjack on April 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I thank God everyday that he did not win in 2004.
My faith in the American people was restored on that Election Day. Tragically that faith was lost again in 2006, 2008 and 2012.

Brat on April 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Fully deserved when the current NASA furthers muzzie studies and some other PC and social crap.

obama belittles America to the entire world.

The sardines of the land deserve him. Too bad you pay for him/them.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Tragically that faith was lost again in 2006, 2008 and 2012.

Brat on April 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM

And tragically the Rs are not worth two cents any more.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I think he thinks he’d holding a doobie there.

Blind SOB.

avagreen on April 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

mobydutch on April 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am a Catholic. And I’m wondering if Francis is one too.

ConstantineXI on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I thought he was a Jesuit…

: )

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM

They are good.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM

If true…we’ll see that philosophy play itself out in actions…

Tell me how you think Pope Francis intends to lead the Roman Catholic Church into Godless Marxism?

I mean to say what would be the mechanics of enacting such a philosophy within the governance of the Vatican?

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

He’s just parroting this administration, totally in line with it. Like with the rest – open mouth, insert foot.

TfromV on April 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Bottom line, Kerry has been around long enough (rumor has it he was in Vietnam) that he should know that America’s senior diplomat should not be using an inflamatory word like Apartheid if you aren’t talking about Nelson Mandella’s life or something. This incident proves that he is unfit for office and should resign. Not that anybody in this administration is held accountable.

Happy Nomad on April 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Alert – please throw this puerile thug out.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM

*Disclaimer: Not Catholic.

Axe on April 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Indeed.

*disclaimer : I am Catholic.*

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Yes indeedy. Disappointment abounds at every turn these days.

Brat on April 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Kerry is still drinking the koolaid from the cauldrons mixed by a variety of witches across the despotic world. He seems, now, to have bought into the mix splashing from the PLO, in that, the Org admits to the obvious; that 6 million Jews were murdered by a regime looked up to by the Arab World. Being an ‘Internationalist’, he readily buys into the cynical crapola spewed by Abbas as a fig leaf to cover the PLO’s re-marriage with Hamas. While Lurch and the UN are singing the praises of the PLO for such a magnanimous gesture, in concert, they will be blistering Israel for its ‘intransigence’. How DARE it try to survive as a Jewish State! Kerri shines as a roped dope.

vnvet on April 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Liberals world-wide in panic; woman charged with raping her wife; mass confusion over who to blame.

BobMbx on April 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Absolutely he’s a Marxist.
The Nazarenes are starting to look better and better.
*think conservative Methodists*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Trust me, you do not detest them any more than I do.

VATICAN CITY, – Pope Francis, responding to conservative criticisms that his economic and social ideas smack of communism, said in an Italian newspaper interview on Sunday that he is not a Marxist but that even Marxists can be good people.

Francis also denied reports that he would name a woman cardinal, said there was good progress in cleaning up Vatican finances and confirmed that he would visit Israel and the Palestinian territories next year, La Stampa said.

Last month, American radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who has a huge following in the United States, railed against the pope for written comments made on the world economy.

Limbaugh, who is not Catholic, said that parts of the document were “pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the pope” and suggested that someone else had written the papal document for him. He also accused the pope of going “beyond Catholicism” and being “purely political”.

Asked about the accusations, which sparked a debate in the media and blogosphere last month, Francis, a member of the all-male Jesuit order associated with progressive social policies, said, “Marxist ideology is wrong. But in my life I have known many Marxists who are good people, so I don’t feel offended.”

He has also been criticized by other conservatives.

In last month’s document, seen as a platform for his papacy, Francis attacked unfettered capitalism as “a new tyranny” said an “economy of exclusion and inequality” had proven to be deadly for many people around the world.

In his response to the critics, Francis said he was not speaking “as a technician but according to the social doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church, and this does not mean being Marxist”. He said he was just trying to present a “snapshot of what is happening” in the world today.

The thing is, you are calling a man who has explicitly denied being a Marxist a liar.

oscarwilde on April 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM

…Democrat Mayor too?

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Yeah…these stories are beyond gross…..

“12 is about as old as I can handle..I love them 6,7 or 8.”

SERIOUSLY, does this man NEED a trial??????

Paging Libfree…..

ToddPA on April 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM

John kerry should resign…He’s unfit for the office of Sec. of State.

But we all knew that…

workingclass artist on April 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I am pleased to note that the last five years 14 months have been defined by significant strides and lasting reforms diplomatic triumphs lasting as much as 3 days, even in the face, even in the face, of unprecedented, unwarranted ugly and divisive adversity comments by Republicans. And if you don’t believe that, you look at the way — forget about me, forget about me — you look at the way the Attorney General Secretary of State of the United States was treated yesterday by a House Committee bunch of rabble, not to mention Republicans. It had nothing to do with me accusing the only democracy in the Middle East of being a h8ful bunch of Palistineum oppressors, forget about that. What Attorney General SecState has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment? What President has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment? It is clear these people resent my incredible accomplishments and that they all envy my ketchup skills

Dolce Far Niente on April 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I’d say he was a national embarrassment but I don’t believe America is capable of embarrassment, or even of recognizing it anymore.

rrpjr on April 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM