More Rand Paul: I wholeheartedly endorse Susan Collins for reelection in Maine

posted at 8:01 pm on April 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via Dan Riehl, people are going nuts over this in the Headlines thread but I don’t know why. He’s not endorsing her over some tea-party primary opponent. She has no primary opponent. He’s endorsing her over the Democrat in the race, Shenna Bellows (whose civil-libertarian cred from working at the ACLU evidently gave Paul no pause).

Even Jim DeMint, who once said he’d rather have 30 principled conservatives in the Senate than a 60-seat majority of RINOs, saw fit to endorse Scott Brown on the eve of his big special election upset in 2010. If Rand can hold an extra Senate seat for the GOP in 2014 by nudging Maine tea partiers to pull the lever for Collins, what’s the harm?

Q: You’re going to join U.S. Sen. Susan Collins for a state party fundraiser today. She’s defended National Security Agency spying programs you oppose, and she’s also running against a Democrat, Shenna Bellows, who comes pretty close to sharing your views on that and other privacy issues. Do you support her, despite disagreement on many of those issues?

A: I wholeheartedly endorse Senator Collins for re-election. I think she’s doing a great job for Maine and for the country. … I don’t really know, exactly, what her position is on the NSA; you’d have to ask her about that.

I just know my position, but I think we’re a big political party. There’s room for not-entire agreement on every issue.

So why are grassroots righties annoyed? Here’s a representative comment from Headlines:

Well, since Collins is running unopposed on the Republican side, it’s logical for Paul to support her over her democrat opponent. However, this is less about “GOP unity” than it is about Rand Paul being desperate to publicly secure his position within the GOP establishment ranks – Republicans would have supported Collins without Rand Paul’s endorsement, so, it’s all pretty meaningless as far as the Maine election goes.

Rand Paul wants to make that everyone knows that he has shifted from the conservative side, to the establishment side – and his ‘wholehearted’ support for Collins is just one more box checked.

Yeah, the “wholehearted” Collins endorsement is interesting mainly as a temperature check on how Paul’s effort to mainstream-ize himself before 2016 is going. Nearly every GOP candidate has a problem with either the establishment or with grassroots conservatives. (The only major contender I can think of who really doesn’t is Scott Walker.) Paul’s problem, needless to say, is with the establishment, who think he’s too dovish, too much like dad, and just too anti-status quo to be a safe pick, so he’s been at pains lately to try to solve it. At some point, between endorsing Mitch McConnell and shifting to a hawkish posture on Russia and running away from Cliven Bundy and making status-quo noises on abortion and ObamaCare, he risks pandering a bit too much to the donor class and thereby irritating his base of righties and libertarians. Backing Collins so effusively when he could have demurred with a simple “I always support Republicans over Democrats” might have been the last straw, definitive proof that he’s “over-correcting.” Bad enough that he’d back McConnell, tea-party enemy number one for the moment, over a grassroots favorite, but to cheer on someone who voted for the stimulus? C’mon.

The risk here isn’t that righties won’t forgive him. He’s already hard at work on a remedial pander, floating a bill to cut foreign aid to the Palestinians unless they recognize Israel’s right to exist. The risk is that he’s putting himself at a disadvantage against Cruz in the battle for tea-party hearts and minds while not reaping any concomitant benefits among the establishmentarians he’s trying to impress. Paul doesn’t expect to win their votes; all he wants is for them to see him as an acceptable nominee, sufficiently status-quo that they won’t unite to destroy him if he pulls an upset in Iowa or New Hampshire. He even met with Romney’s donor network recently, the creme de la creme of the GOP donor class, to make nice. How’s it going so far? You tell me:

The darkest secret in the big money world of the Republican coastal elite is that the most palatable alternative to a nominee such as Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas or Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky would be Clinton, a familiar face on Wall Street following her tenure as a New York senator with relatively moderate views on taxation and financial regulation.

“If it turns out to be Jeb versus Hillary we would love that and either outcome would be fine,” one top Republican-leaning Wall Street lawyer said over lunch in midtown Manhattan last week. “We could live with either one. Jeb versus Joe Biden would also be fine. It’s Rand Paul or Ted Cruz versus someone like Elizabeth Warren that would be everybody’s worst nightmare.”…

Ted Cruz, whose wife works at Goldman Sachs, is viewed negatively by many in the industry for his support of last year’s government shutdown and scorched earth approach to political battle. Cruz fired up an activist gathering in New Hampshire earlier this month with the kind of provocative populist message that makes bankers very nervous. “The rich and powerful, those who walk the corridors of power, are getting fat and happy,” Cruz thundered. At the same event, Paul argued that the GOP “cannot be the party of fat cats, rich people and Wall Street.”

As a wise man recently said, the first duty of establishmentarians is to the establishment, meaning that stopping Paul (or Cruz) will almost certainly take precedence for rich Republicans in 2016 over stopping Hillary. I guess, in theory, with enough pandering Rand could convince them that he’s marginally better than her, but how much pandering could he realistically do before convincing his grassroots fans that he’s sold out and would be as disappointing to righties as president as Obama was to hardcore lefties? Maybe there’s no way out of this bind.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ted Cruz ’16.

vityas on April 28, 2014 at 8:03 PM

More Rand Paul: I wholeheartedly endorse Susan Collins for reelection in Maine

Oh, God, I forgot all about her…great. Thanks, Rand.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Uh oh. joana will be all over this like flies on shit…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Fcuk Rand and Susan. Both are dead to me…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Here we go again. Lock and load!

WryTrvllr on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

There was an early misunderstanding about Sen. Collins being unopposed. After that the only “going nuts” was continual name calling by the perfect among us.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Cracks me up how this site trolls its own readers.

Maybe Paul is a Trojan Horse. Maybe he’ll “run” as an establishment candidate, and “serve” as a libertarian. Kinda like how Zero ran as a moderate and has served as a clown.

Rational Thought on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I’m not voting for her. will leave it blank.
shes awful.

dmacleo on April 28, 2014 at 8:06 PM

It’s one thing to say I welcome Collins as an ally, although that would be pushing it. To say you wholeheartedly endorse, I have to wonder. Paul has been stepping in it continuously lately. It is like he is trying to rally the GOPe to his candidacy by becoming one of them. After the Obamacare capitulation, he can go the “hell no” catalog for me.

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Yeah, you stupid and horrible person…
///

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

…so?…he is!… almost as nucking futs…as his old man.

KOOLAID2 on April 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Rand is in acceleration mode to become a bigger crackpot than daddy…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

What’s to say that Rand’s meeting with David Astroturf last week had an ulterior motive to it?

Myron Falwell on April 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Yup. Nobody’s saying he should have endorsed the Democrat, but the mealy-mouthed boilerplate “I heartily endorse” nonsense makes him seem like every other beltway politician. His entire brand was that he wasn’t going to be that. I guess he sees the writing on the wall, knows that Cruz will beat him on his right flank, and is going to try to out-moderate Christie and co.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Don’t forget that I am a liar and personally attacked said know it all.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

“Did you bring enough charcoal this time Bwana.” “Uhh no. I was going to use the propane rotisserie.” “But propane is $6 a gallon Bwana!!!!” “AH, but this one has a Li-ion back up! I am sure there’s a Tesla charging station around here somewhere.”

WryTrvllr on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

You’re all CRAZIES!!!!1!

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Oh, yeah. Liar liar pants on fire, you attacked the poor loon like a vicious pit-bull…
///

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Don’t forget that I am a liar and personally attacked said know it all.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

well you are a horrible person after all amirite??

hehehe :)

dmacleo on April 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM

That’s it! He’s a RINO! Purge him!!!!!!!!!

rukiddingme on April 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Crazy Tru Cons…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Cracks me up how this site trolls its own readers.

Rational Thought on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Damn. How much did you pay for that Swarovski?

WryTrvllr on April 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Good for Rand. Of all the candidates he would get my vote and money.

Ragnar Danneskold on April 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Hillary/Paul 2016

idesign on April 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Don’t forget that I am a liar and personally attacked said know it all.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Of course, you are one of the wacky, dirty trucons.

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Who do you have to kill to get an endorsement from these Wall Street fat cats ?

burrata on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I am sad to say that I am a Trucon. Joana said so.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Fine with either Jeb or Hillary? Yeesh.

rbj on April 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Yup Thank God…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Good for Rand. Of all the candidates he would get my vote and money.

Ragnar Danneskold on April 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Sure you’re not Rodney Dangerfield?

idesign on April 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Wow, that was kinda… meta.

When push comes to shove, I think the GOP establishment in the tea-party era regards its first and most important duty to be stopping conservative candidates in the primary. Partly that’s because they think ideologues can’t win a national election, partly it’s because they fear the diminution of their own power if someone like Paul becomes president, and partly it’s because I think they’d feel more comfortable with center-leftists like the Clintons, who won’t do anything “unpredictable,” than they would with GOP wild cards like Paul or Cruz.

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

More Rand Paul: I wholeheartedly endorse Susan Collins for reelection in Maine

Facepalm.

petefrt on April 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Don’t forget that I am a liar and personally attacked said know it all. Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Give em hell Cindy!

Akzed on April 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

There are 401 comments in the headline thread about this thanks to joana…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Fcuk Rand and Susan. Both are dead to me…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Perhaps you’d like that to be the Republican Party’s motto for 2016… they’re dead to me.

Certainly a winning strategy…

/ihopeidontneedit

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Good for Rand. Of all the candidates he would get my vote and money.

Ragnar Danneskold on April 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I feel ya, brother…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Melle 1228,

Exactly.

Paul’s only value to conservatives is his ability to help transform the GOP. But if he’s just going to parrot an establishment Republican, then he’s of no use to anyone. There are better establishment Republicans than Paul, and he’s no longer an effective politician at transforming his own party.

I’m sure Paul thinks the middle ground will help him get both groups, but it’s more likely to get him nothing. I doubt the establishment will vote for him for any reason whatsoever. He’s just too far out of their comfort range. And now he’s losing some of the people previously inclined to consider voting for him.

Pincher Martin on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

It’s too bad Rand no longer has a message, other than “I’m not so bad, GOPE”.

I mean how do you square your small government circle by “wholeheartedly” endorsing the very Senator that helped bring the Stimulus to fruition when the GOP actually had it killed?

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Clearly you’d prefer him supporting the Democrat in the race…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

wholeheartedly

Huh? It’s one thing to support someone that you think needs to be somewhat liberal due to their voters….but another to wholeheartedly support someone like Collins.

CW on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

This shows how deranged some people can become. Rand Paul endorses a republican over a democrat and what does he get?

“Off with his head. How dare he endorse a fellow republican. He is crazier than his father.”

Oh the humanity!

Rand Paul if you are smart keep doing whatever you are doing. Play this game like a Lanister but if you win it govern like the mother of dragons. After all in the game of thrones you either win or you die. You doing great surviving.

coolrepublica on April 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM

It’s one thing to endorse her when it doesn’t matter, it’s another thing to say she’s doing a great job.

Ted the Average on April 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM

There are 401 comments in the headline thread about this thanks to joana…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I think 300 of those were her alone.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Since this little get together sounded like a fundraiser/convention there may be some reason for Sen. Paul to go and get some funds that might have gone uncollected. But if he thinks he is going to get Sen. Collins endorsement for POTUS he is delusional. Unless his competition is Palin, but even then I would bet she would give Hillary the nod.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Clearly you’d prefer him supporting the Democrat in the race…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

He is.

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I’ll give her one thing: she doesn’t get tired.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM

There are plenty of grassroots conservatives, including me, who have a problem with Walker and his pro-amnesty views. Also, I have no doubt many of the establishment Harvard as*holes don’t like that Walker isn’t a college grad.

Ted the Average on April 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

No, I think they would prefer him to ignore extreme moderates.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Rand is in acceleration mode to become a bigger crackpot than daddy…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

By endorsing a fellow Republican over a Democrat?

Who is engaging in crackpottery here…?

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Neither do I.

Except that they’re “true and pure Conservatives”.

That would be a deflection, not an endorsement. You can’t go to a Senator’s home state and say something like that. Collins would feel insulted and rightly so. In 2016, she’d pay back in kind as many others would.

If you’re a Republican Senator and want to endorse another Republican Senator in the general election with a blanket “I always support Republicans” you simply don’t go to that Senator’s state to say that.

Manners matter.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I’ll wait to see what I should think about this from my go-to adviser joana. You’ll love her. She is full of grace and charm!

Murphy9 on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

So Wall Street types don’t like Cruz because his wife works for Goldman Sachs ? or because Hussein+Greed shut down the government ?

It’s OK only when Democrats say such things to occupuprz.

Yup, these people are much comfortable as DemonCraps.

burrata on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

lol

Murphy9 on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I will not rest until conservatives have eaten all their own.

Mmm...Burritos on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

No, I think they would prefer him to ignore extreme moderates.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM

At a state convention that he was invited to? The senior senator from his party?

What is it with you people and good manners in politics? Seriously…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Rand’s apologists have to go into turbo mode just to keep up the damage control.

thebrokenrattle on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Manners matter.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I see there are a dozen comments about me from the usual creepers, commanded by the crazy old lady. Cute. Vent away, but I’d appreciate if this time around there were no attempts to stalk me out of here. Just saying.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I think 300 of those were her alone.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Yup. Where do you suppose it went, back under her bridge?

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I don’t have a problem. I did when I thought there was a primary but not when she is unopposed.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Clearly you’d prefer him supporting the Democrat in the race…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM
He is.

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Odd… I seem to remember her supporting Mitch McConnell for leadership. Apparently you would be happier if she had supported Harry Reid for leadership.

Please, leave Republican political decision making to Republicans from here on out…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

She’s ba-a-a-ack.

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Back out from under your bridge, attention whore Troll?

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Yup. Where do you suppose it went, back under her bridge?

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Oh, she’s back.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hey AP and the crew, you ought to blog about SP’s remarks at the NRAAM this weekend…just saying.

22044 on April 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Manners matter.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Gotta mark this day on my calendar.

(I agree with joana.)

ElectricPhase on April 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Manners matter.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

If that’s not irony, I don’t know what is.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Damage control… for supporting a fellow Republican against a Democrat?

Man, the TrueCons are losing it. This isn’t even funny…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

When you see a repetitive pattern like this emerging in Rand Paul’s behavior….after what will be eight years of Obama….

Rand’s digging his own hole here. He’s not stupid.

lineholder on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

What is it with you people and good manners in politics? Seriously…

A poster with the name John Galt is criticizing people for their manners in politics?

Pincher Martin on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

22044 on April 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Troll bait :O

burrata on April 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM

What is it with you people and good manners in politics? Seriously…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Maybe it says more about Maine that they keep that hag around, but I’m through being nice to people who spit on me and tell me it’s raining.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Paul – Working for the clampdown.

K. Hobbit on April 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Oh, look TruCons again. As insults go, that’s pretty weak.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Man, the TrueCons are losing it. This isn’t even funny…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Wow, today is the day when I am became a trucon. Wow.

thebrokenrattle on April 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Damage control… for supporting a fellow Republican against a Democrat?

Man, the TrueCons are losing it. This isn’t even funny…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You keep saying that, all evidence to the contrary.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I think Paul is playing nice to the GOPe to get the nominee, but there is a lot of bad blood underneath- that is why it is so frustrating. I think he is sucking up, and tie problem is these idiots will turn on him on a dime. Sorry, Paul but you are dead to me.. Too many wishy washy back and forth lately, and you start to remind me of dear old dad’s crankiness..

The Republican conflict came to the fore last week during a closed-door luncheon for Senate Republicans, when Senator Susan Collins, of Maine, eyes blazing, stood up and complained about a series of attack ads that she was facing back home from a gun-rights group with deep ties to Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky…

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Trucons to the left of me…

…Socons to the right…

Here i am…Stuck in the middle with you…

Murphy9 on April 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

We are in perpetual election mode. It is clearly time for strict 12-year term-limits: Senators can only serve a single 12-year term (divided among the 100 members so 25 of them always face election every three years), Congressmen can only serve four 3-year terms, and Presidents can only serve two 6-year terms. Notice that everybody is constantly trying to save their ass come election time and pad their credentials. This is what Rand Paul is doing for 2016. He has no interest in stopping bad legislation and explaining to America how Obama’s policies are destroying the country.

Brian in Titletown on April 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

At the rate Rand is going, mccain will be inviting him to Sedona soon.

wolly4321 on April 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I haven’t used a rattle in oh………….damn. never you mind.

Stepped on a few.

WryTrvllr on April 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Damage control… for supporting a fellow Republican against a Democrat?

Man, the TrueCons are losing it. This isn’t even funny…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Really, because the GOPe is soooooo consistent and good about supporting those fellow “tea party” Republicans right? They really go all out for Conservatives like McAuliffe, right?

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

So ne oF i Con.

thank you very much. Try the veal.

WryTrvllr on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

joana’s here?
Which one of you fools forgot to lock the troll gate?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Brian in Titletown on April 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Two 6-year terms? 12 years of Obama? No thank you. 8 is 8 too many.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

(I agree with joana.)

ElectricPhase on April 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Of course, 99% of the Republicans agree with me. This is a non-issue to everyone except the crazies who are always mad and angry at anything that allows them to scream “establishment!1!” from the bottom of their lungs.

This is only a somewhat interesting issue from an instrumental perspective: it illustrates to how deranged and delusional are the people who believe this (or his Medicare statements) is a big deal.

It also shows that Paul is becoming a serious candidate if that minuscule group is turning on him – there’s no real contender for the GOP nomination who can be supported by the TruCon crazies.

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

joana’s here?
Which one of you fools forgot to lock the troll gate?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I’m sorry.

*hangs head*

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Buh Bye Rand.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Clearly you’d prefer him supporting the Democrat in the race…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Collin’s is one in all but name.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

LOLZ! Go read the headline thread about this subject. 401 comments…

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

They really go all out for Conservatives like McAuliffe, right?

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

;

Meant Cuccinelli against McAuliffe

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Bring the crazy!

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

joana’s here?
Which one of you fools forgot to lock the troll gate
annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I know.. I know she was mad because we wouldn’t let her join the trucon club, and get her free Mark Levin decoder ring, but Cindy did give her the decoded message of the day.

And I am truly convinced she is the “special’ love child of Panther and Meredith..

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

*stalk* *stalk* *stalk* *stalk* *stalk* *stalk*

(You still here?)

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Who is the crazy old lady?

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

OmahaConservative on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Y’all haven’t seen petunia or Meredith-have you?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

see there are a dozen comments about me from the usual creepers, commanded by the crazy old lady. Cute. Vent away, but I’d appreciate if this time around there were no attempts to stalk me out of here. Just saying. joana on April 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Nothing personal, or “bad mannered”, but I’ve been reading on and off all day(have a job),,

With all due respect, you are nuttier than squirrel shite.

wolly4321 on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, well that is totally different.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Damage control… for supporting a fellow Republican against a Democrat?

Man, the TrueCons are losing it. This isn’t even funny…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You keep saying that, all evidence to the contrary.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I’d have hoped it didn’t come to this. But you’ve lived up to expectations…

From the Maine Republican Party

Now, perhaps you have some evidence that she isn’t a Republican? I’d very much like to see that…

JohnGalt23 on April 28, 2014 at 8:46 PM