Bob Schieffer: A source told me Mitt Romney might run again if Jeb Bush doesn’t

posted at 4:01 pm on April 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

Well, at least Ann Coulter will be happy.

Second Third look at Mitt Romney?

Mitt Romney has said time and time again that he has no interest in running for president a third time.

But, on Sunday morning, CBS’ Bob Schieffer said not to write off the idea of a 2016 campaign by Romney so quickly.

“I have a source that told me that if Jeb Bush decides not to run, that Mitt Romney may actually try it again,” Schieffer said…

Several major Romney donors told The Washington Post earlier this year that Bush would be their preferred Republican candidate in 2016.

Serious (well, not too serious) question: Where’s Romney right now on the 2016 RINO depth chart? Jeb is the first-stringer but there’s a legit chance that he doesn’t run, whether because he doesn’t want the aggravation of climbing a mountain with the Bush ball-and-chain around his ankle or because his wife simply refuses to allow it. Christie’s the second-stringer but a Bridgegate smoking gun could emerge to finish him off. And even if it doesn’t, he might blow up on the launch pad. Between his ideological heresies and the possibility that his persona simply doesn’t wear well outside New Jersey, he might now win a single primary even with establishment money behind him. Could be that some significant number of Republican donors will conclude that he’s a lost cause and pass on him.

That leaves us at third-string. I think that’s Rubio, but there’s a chance that he won’t run either. If he looks at 2016 and concludes that he has no chance of winning the general election, whether because Hillary’s too formidable or because he hasn’t rehabbed sufficiently on immigration yet, he might decide to pass. Remember, if he runs for president, he can’t run for Senate again in Florida. He’d be gambling his political future if he took the plunge. If he’s also out, then who’s the fourth-stringer? I’d say Scott Walker (or maybe Walker’s third-string and Rubio’s fourth-string), but of course he’s facing reelection in Wisconsin this year. If something happens to trip him up, whether scandal-related or otherwise, and he loses the race for governor, then he’s done too.

Which leaves us at the establishment fifth-string. Who’s that? Jindal? I think the donor class would be nervous about riding into battle with him against tea-party heroes as formidable as Paul or Cruz. They want a known quantity whom they can trust to consolidate “somewhat conservative” voters behind him and raise the boatloads of cash needed to squash the tea-party champion in key states. At some point, out of sheer desperation, they would approach Romney and beg him to save them from the CruzPaulpocalypse, whatever it might mean for the general election. What I’m asking is, how far down the chain do you need to go to get to the guy who lost, fairly badly, two years ago? Is he above or below Mitch Daniels? John Thune? Others?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I would gladly support Romney. He’s been vetted. He’s demonstrated competence as an executive. Anyone else we pick is just as likely to betray us as he is.

What a ringing endorsement. VOTE ROMNEY. AS LIKELY TO BETRAY US AS ANYONE.

Romney already betrayed us when he used his personal wealth to purchase negative advertising sufficient to destroy the shoe-string campaigns of good conservatives who might otherwise have had a chance to develop momentum. That chance will never come back as the establishment has changed the primary calendar to favour checkbook campaigns like Romney’s.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Who the hell knows what he believes? He doesn’t know himself.

HondaV65 on April 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM

In practice he believed in ORCA, in trusting mercenary consultants, and in letting the leftist mass media dictate the agenda.

I think all comments including a reference to the proven competence of Mitt should include some reference to ORCA.

David Blue on April 28, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Second look at Jon Huntsman?

If you want someone who comes across as smooth and slick, and who hates the white, Christian conservative base and will clearly damage its interests if he gets elected, while showering it with contempt, Jon’s your man.

And he’s just as electable as Mitt, at this point.

David Blue on April 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Yeah….. If Obama and Harry Reid had a conservative child.

Happy Nomad on April 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM

It’s only going to get worse from now until November. I have never understood the insulting someone so they vote for your preferred candidate but it is a tried and true tactic around here. Time to thicken up the skin.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I think we need another Open Registration…

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

He’s demonstrated competence as an executive.

ORCA.

David Blue on April 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM

When crying don’t help you…praying don’t do any good…

I’m voting strictly policy. If the GOP can’t pony up a candidate with decent policy positions, policies that stand up for American citizens, legal immigrants, and the rule of law… they won’t get my vote.

Not in this election. Not in the next election. Not in any election.

thatsafactjack on April 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Then f***ing stay home, vote democrat, vote for third party and stop making empty threats on the internet… F***ing leave the Republican party already…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

You mad bro? You keep up with this anger, you’re gonna blow your remaining nut. Your fellow posters here just want a candidate who they can believe in, who doesn’t stab them in the back after he wins the primary.

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I think a lot of us are. Amnesty pushed by a GOP congress will dissolve the coalition as it stands. So will the “Improve ObamaCare because it is here to stay” formula.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

That would be Santorum and Gingrich? They were loser candidates, big time. The problem with the Anybody but Romney plan was that all those anybodies were nobodies who were even weaker candidates than Romney. It was an unbelievably bad field.

BushyGreen on April 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Hey garbage mouth, she has just as much right to her opinion and vote as you and what makes you think she’s member of the Republican party.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Is this the same “source” that told “Dirty Harry” Reid that Romney paid no income tax?

LaserBeam on April 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I already know what 95% of you are going to say about Romney, but I’d happily vote for him in 2016 — if he runs. He has the skill set that the country most needs right now.

I hope he runs. I’d even volunteer for his campaign.

307wolverine on April 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Bugs/Bullwinkle 2016!

The anti-establishment ticket.

hawkeye54 on April 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM

That’s the one!!

I’ve already got my ballot ready for 2016!!

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I actually think Gov. Romney would have been a good president for the fiscal problems our country was/is experiencing. I am not sure about foreign policy but it is a lead pipe cinch he would have gone to smarter people than The Won has taken advice from. If he’s taken advice, I forgot he’s the smartest man in any room.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

LEEEAAAVE REPUBLICANS ALOOOOONE!!1!!1

Red Widow on April 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM

F***ing leave the Republican party already…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I don’t think there is anybody left in the Republican Party to leave. And, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM

It was an unbelievably bad field.

By design. Romney paid off or pressured more effective candidates, especially sitting governors, to sit on their thumbs.

Even so Romney was the worst of the “unbelievably bad field.” The very worst. Would have voted for any one of them above Romney with a moment’s pause for reflection.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

You might want to find a “conservative” candidate that doesn’t openly cheerlead issues like amnesty and Obamacare (or cutely pretend to oppose them while having his aides tell reports “off the record” that he supports them).

But really, it doesn’t matter whether you take my advice or not. I’m already gone from the Republican Party and have been since 2012. I’m quite sure many others are walking too. Once you guys get amnesty passed, you’d better hope you get enough Hispanics donating and voting for you to fill in for the conservatives that walk.

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It’s a good policy.

But the RNC sure thinks it’s the reason he lost. They’ve been on the amnesty bandwagon since the election told them that Hispanics hated Romney.

Bitter Clinger on April 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Exactly. The RNC is staffed with idiots who think what the Chamber of Commerce tells them to think.

No Republican, including rabid amnesty supporters like McCain, are going to get significant gains by pandering to the radical, pro-amnesty Hispanics like La Raza. Best to be open about kicking the likes of La Raza to the curb. Romney could have won a great many additional votes if he had promoted the issue instead of hiding from it.

fadetogray on April 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Lets get working on a McManiac/Grahamnesty/or Kelly ForgetMeNot ticked in 2016!!!

vilebody on April 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

ticket

vilebody on April 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I voted for Gary Johnson last time. Not likely to vote R this time no matter who the candidate is. Well, maybe Ted Cruz.

tdarrington on April 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

F***ing leave the Republican party already…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

But without the Party my life would be so empty.

Bishop on April 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

He has the skill set that the country most needs right now.

307wolverine on April 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM

ORCA.

David Blue on April 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I voted for Gary Johnson last time.

tdarrington on April 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

So, you were the one guy that did. Hey, whatever happened to Tad Huntsman, Jr.?

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I’m Ok with Romney….At this point stopping illegal immigration trumps every issue for me.

Press 1 for English.

This is America, we need to stop accommodating people who refuse to assimilate.

weedisgood on April 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Yeah, this time I will not vote if he wins the primary.

astonerii on April 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Excellent that you left… Do not f***ing return…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM

yeah Mr Mitt “My views are progressive” Romney was a super candidate. did really well in the election…..

dmacleo on April 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM

What Disneyfan said X 1000

neyney on April 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Washington is broken. It’s the system, stupid, and systems fail. I anticipate a black swan event to force a major political realignment whether in the form of a secular economic collapse that returns a cascade of sovereign defaults and hyperinflation (already in progress, yo) or a foreign policy disaster that returns war (Ukraine? Syria? South China Sea?). Other possibilities include food, water, or energy supply shocks, global supply-chain failures, or an ecological disaster (e.g. Fukushima).

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM

tdarrington on April 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I’ll vote for Cruz and Mike Pence, and will certainly give Scott Walker a look. But I don’t think any of those have a prayer of reaching the nomination.

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

ORCA.

David Blue on April 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I admit that I shook my head for days after learning about ORCA. Your point is well-taken. I am beyond mystified that the GOP didn’t even do a dry run on the system before going live on Election Day. It boggles the mind.

307wolverine on April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Excellent that you left… Do not f***ing return…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM

You’re in a tent with McCain and Lindsey Graham. Watch your back.

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I like Mitt and would vote for him again.

I do not think he should run again.

gerrym51 on April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Let’s run Mitt again

Our slogan?

“See, I told you so!”

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Mitt Romney: because someone needs to make Bush seem like a breath of fresh air.

Stoic Patriot on April 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Yeah the Republican party is no more… Just 60 millons people voted Republican in 2012, they control the House, majority of governorships and majoirty of state legislatures… Thus spoke idiot Fallon…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

HEY – I have a GREAT idea – how about another round of Mustang McLame?!?!??!

dentarthurdent on April 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM

HEY – I have a GREAT idea – how about another round of Mustang McLame?!?!??!

dentarthurdent on April 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM

McCain-Romney, the Maverick Progressive Party.

dmacleo on April 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I do not think he should run again.

Don’t tell us. Tell him. Camp out on his door step or something. March up and down his street shouting your sentiments through a bullhorn wearing a DON’T RUN ROMNEY sandwich board. Write letters to editors. Write op-eds. Offer interviews to local media. Recruit corporate sponsors for a NO MITT NO MORE walkathon with games and prizes for contestants who can most graphically demonstrate their contempt for a second Romney GOP presidential candidacy.

Do what you can. That’s all I ask. Do what you can.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Yes, and the same party now announces a push for amnesty and support for “fixing” ObamaCare since it is “here to stay” or something. So what did those 60 million people vote for, precisely?

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Romney again? Say, that’s a brilliant idea! Let’s just keep trotting him back out there every four years. Let’s let everyone observe Einstein’s definition of insanity in real life…sheesh….

Bob Davis on April 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Do what you can. That’s all I ask. Do what you can.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM

He’s already as much as said the best way to stop him from running is to get Jeb to run.

So go for it.

fadetogray on April 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Is this the same “source” that told “Dingy Harry” that Mitt Romney hadn’t paid income taxes for 10 years?

bw222 on April 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

If he’s still good an amnesty, he’d be the second best choice of those running, after Cruz.

Everybody but Cruz is awful on the immigration issue, and even Cruz isn’t great.

Jon0815 on April 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Thanks, didn’t think I needed your permission, but now that I have it– I can sleep well.

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Let it Burn …

let Hillary win …. let everything fall … then hunker down

buy more ammo … just bought another 1K of 5.56
and 1K of 9mm ……

conservative tarheel on April 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

If I’ve said it once I’ll say it again; no one demonizes conservatives quite like other conservatives.

He Who Some Call A Traitor on April 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

And Conservatives are supposedly the ones who like to lose/are electorally ignorant.

I guess Mitt Romney will become our William Jennings Bryan. Great.

MWC_RS on April 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Yeah, but A LOT and I mean A LOT of us swore we would never do it again if we got a Romney, McCain etc. I will be one staying home.

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

But without the Party my life would be so empty.

Bishop on April 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

While your party itself is vile and reactionary, it should be pointed out that, when channeled towards progressive causes, this is a quite healthy attitude.

Membership in a socialist political party can often provide real meaning in a worker’s life, and I would encourage everyone commenting here who is disillusioned with the two-party system to consider the Socialist Equality Party as an alternative. You can read more about the SEP, and it’s parent organization, the International Committee for the Fourth International, at our website, http://www.wsws.org

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Thus spoke Fallon…

mnjg on April 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Immigration, Obamacare, heck throw in some common sense gun control and the past is no longer prologue.

You’re not a Dale Carnegie graduate, eh? At least you didn’t use profanity this time.

Fallon on April 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

No mention of Pence, Allah?

He has the resume, and he doesn’t have the baggage. And so far he has avoided being targeted Alinsky-style by Democrats and their media tools determined to destroy anyone who looks like a viable candidate.

Adjoran on April 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I’m with you guys on Pence. I think he has been biding his time. Moving to the front early only makes you a target, but the time is coming soon when he will need to move if he is going to build a quality team and raise enough money to be competitive.

novaculus on April 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Why not?

There might be a significant sympathy vote for him plus he’s a known figure now

And let’s be honest our chances of beating Hillary are not good at all

Who would do better than Mitt?

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Jeb Bush. Or Romney. I hate the Republican Party. I hate it. Would that an asteroid would fall on Washington while Jeb and Romney were there to meet with Boehner-Canter to plot how to suppress the Tea Party. The mass extinctions, years of smoke darkness, bitter cold, hunger, drought, and stone-age conditions for the few human survivors forced to every extreme of barbarism to survive–ALL WORTH IT, yo! Or perhaps Putin could solve our problems with multiple-warhead ICBM strike? Or China? Again, WORTH IT!

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

You’re just funnin’ with us now, AP.

kcewa on April 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Let it Burn …

let Hillary win …. let everything fall … then hunker down

buy more ammo … just bought another 1K of 5.56
and 1K of 9mm ……

conservative tarheel on April 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

No, no, no. It’s gotta be Lizzie.

Lizzie Warren took an axe
And gave her country forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done,
She gave another forty-one.

It’s just possible by the time she’s done with it the country will be bloody enough to have learned something about ‘progress.’

fadetogray on April 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Romney’s not a conservative.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I can’t imagine why. There is no way he could win the nomination. There will be attractive candidates to the left of him (Christie) and attractive candidates to the Right (Paul, probably Cruz, Walker). Even Paul Ryan, Susannah Martinez, and Jindal would get the nomination over him. This isn’t 2012, where he’s up against only two candidates (Gingrich, Santorum) with heavy baggage.

And don’t tell me the “establishment” will line up behind Romney thereby forcing out everyone but a hard Tea Party candidate. As we saw in 2012, Romney can barely beat candidates running on a shoestring budget. What’s to force Christie out of the race even if he doesn’t get much money from donors? As we saw in 2012, a pure shoe-string ego run can almost topple even a well-funded Romney machine. Christie could hang in with little money and beat Romney (which says something!)

The reality is that Romney struggles so hard because he’s a terrible candidate. He is utterly unable to overcome his Gordon Gekko persona, and attempts to appear like a man of the people (such as shaking hands for six minutes as you walk up to stage to give your convention speech) look blatantly insincere.

He makes constant miscalculations–too passive in his last two debates, not buyind ad-time early and thereby being forced to pay a higher rate, not using proper polling methodology. He sinks money into vast architectural systems (like Orca) that either don’t work as planned or do work as planned but were insufficient.

Wealthy Republicans look at Romney and think “I’d trust him with my money.” But he’s been rejected by the consumer market twice already. Republicans pushing Romney are like Democrats pushing Adlai Stevenson–continuing to assert the superiority of their model even as the market has rejected it multiple times already.

Move on, Mitt.

will77jeff on April 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Romney got his ass whooped by the worst President in US history. How the hell do you think he’s going to win against the first female candidate in US history?

…Face it…the country is done. Republicans had their chance to stand up and do the right thing, and every one of them, to the last one, has sold their souls; either to illegals or big business, or…whatever they thought would garner them more votes.

Unless an actual principled, honest-to-God, Conservative appears out of thin air to stand as the opposition candidate,
Hillary will be the next, and last, United States President.

a5minmajor on April 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM

McCain is going to endorse Hillary.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Walker is probably our best nominee

Might have a chance of getting elected

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

BW222:

My first thought, too.

Dingy Harry, Nancy Pelosi, Schieffer – they lie whenever they feel like it and hide behind the childish “someone told me.”

The only question for all of them should be “WHO told you?”

LASue on April 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

While your party itself is vile and reactionary

Gee, you say that like it’s a bad thing.

vlad martel on April 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

And that solves, what exactly? I’ve never understood this thought process. The more elections Democrats win, the harder entrenched leftist ideology becomes and the further left the country moves. The further the country moves to the left the harder and harder it becomes for a “pure” conservative to win. Democrats understand this, which is how they’re able to run a full blown Marxist for President and win. They’ve been gradually posing the country leftward for 50 years.

If you somehow believe that “punishing” the GOP by withholding your vote is going to do anything other than enable Democrats to win election after election, then you’re delusional.

He Who Some Call A Traitor on April 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Hillary will be the next, and last, United States President.

If we even get that far. Obama may be our last president if John Kerry and his rogue State Department continue to escalate conflict with Russia over Ukraine, or if Janet Yellen continues to pump-and-dump QE and ZIRP stimulus until the USD collapses, or if the petrodollar regime collapses because of Russia-China’s new open currency energy trade regime and the USD is no longer the world’s reserve currency.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

McCain is going to endorse Hillary.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I’ve been thinking along those lines myself.

In return, she makes him Secretary of Defense?

novaculus on April 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Problem is people want socialism they want free stuff they want to be wards of the state the country doesn’t want conservatism or a conservative President

Aristocracy has come true

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

While your party itself is vile and reactionary

I prefer “scrumptious.” Scrumptiously and sumptuously reactionary.

vlad martel on April 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, Trotsky, people who are dissolusioned by the harebrained RINOs and DIABLOs are really going to leave their Conservative principles behind and join the ultimate killer Socialists (over 100 million innocent people murdered by Socialists in the 20th century alone). Let’s not forget we tried Socialism here before. Half the population starved to death. Free Market Capitalism replaced it and BOOM! Prosperity the likes they have never seen before.

John Hitchcock on April 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Walker is probably our best nominee

Might have a chance of getting elected

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I think Pence is, but Walker is looking pretty good right now in comparison with the rotten candidates we’re being offered.

I doubt any of these guys have a chance – I think the leadership and big donors will unite behind one of Christie/Jeb/Rubio (with an outside shot at Paul) – but I would certainly consider voting for Pence or Walker (or even Cruz in the unlikely event he can be nominated).

Doomberg on April 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Idiocracy has come true…

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I did vote Republican. Yet a GOP congress just announced through its leadership a renewed push for amnesty and that ObamaCare is here to stay hence not to be repealed but fixed. I would prefer to be ruled by progressives who call themselves progressives as opposed to progressives who call themselves “conservatives” like Romney, Boenher, Cantor, McCain etc.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

So why don’t you join us then?

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Sounds like the donor class loves losing.

D.L.Mc on April 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Doomberg why do you like Pence?

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM

And the person who said he bought another 1k of 9mil and 5.56, do you know an inexpensive place to buy .50cal and .50mag? I could use some more.

John Hitchcock on April 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Sorry dude but you have no right to be upset when the GOP is

1) Currently planning on passing an immigration bill nobody wants this summer and also saying they won’t Repeal Obamacare

2) The losers like you who shout Purity! are now so attached to their ideology that they’re willing to run two time loser Mitt Romney without even considering guys like Pence, Jindal, Walker. All because they are so scared out of their minds someone like Cruz could win and Jeb Bush might not run and Chris Christie is now a dud.

3) Considering voting for Hillary in 2016 if someone like Cruz gets the nomination

Sorry you don’t get to complain. Period. You’re jackass, go vote for the Jackass party.

It’s unfortunate none of the third parties have my values, and it’s unfortunate that the party my Ancestors helped found (yeah that’s right John C. Fremont Dbags!) has now been taken over by scumsuckers such as you.

Well guess what, I won’t leave, I will devote every waking breath I have to booting you out of my party!

And if by some misfortune I fail, and Romney is our nominee again in 2016, I won’t be voting 3rd party, I won’t be sulking at home I will be voting Democrat, Campaigning for Democrat, Donating my time, money, blood, and sweat to the Democrat

MWC_RS on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Checked it out and I’m sold. Still, not sure about the required wearing of a red beret and neckerchief, I don’t look good in berets.

Bishop on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

The left media seems to enjoy crushing a person that is not of their breed.

mixplix on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Parakeets are VERY conservative by nature

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

While your party itself is vile and reactionary…blah blah blah BS…..

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

It ain’t my party. Not anymore.

On the other hand, your opinion on the point could not conceivably be of less interest.

Perhaps you could go elsewhere, taking the manure spreader with you and saving us the inconvenience of skipping over your posts.

novaculus on April 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM

So why don’t you join us then?

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Do you have to open your mouth to see.

RickB on April 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

We do not have a free market. Our markets are rigged, yo. Asset inflation in housing and equities–all rigged to produce so-called “wealth effect,” which is in effect the transfer of wealth from savers to debtors. Central bank QE, ZIRP, and monetarist principle in general is central planning by other means, which is why our economy is in the state that it is in.

Central planning fails always, always.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Also I hope it’s not considered vulgar to call Democrats by their happily chosen Mascot’s name?

MWC_RS on April 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Idiocracy has come true…

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Yup.
Can we maybe find a black machine gun toting former pro wrestler and porn star for the R nomination?

dentarthurdent on April 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I find the fighting among conservatives so discouraging

Our enemies are much Moe disciplined than we are

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM

So if Jeb doesn’t run, he’ll be his stand in?? Stand in…for Jeb. So if we can’t get the “real thing”..Mitt’ll fit?
Hoo Boy! Yeah. Great idea.

Mimzey on April 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM

And after doing that I will return to my Party, hopefully you will have removed your stinky carcass from it’s membership.

MWC_RS on April 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Bishop on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I don’t know what you’re talking about. There is no dress code in the SEP.

Trotsky on April 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM

much more disciplined…

can’t type very well today, hunt and peck…

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Casuist, you’re a good man (or woman, whichever the case may be), and I hate doing this, but….

Look at the (self)link before presuming to know what a fellow Conservative is talking about.

The hint couldn’t have been more clear: half the population starved to death when? where? let’s look at the link.

John Hitchcock on April 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM

He Who Some Call A Traitor on April 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Solving problems isn’t what either party is doing. 17 trillion dollars in debt. Either we are racing toward the cliff with the Dems or running toward the cliff with the GOP. When the GOP can start acting like the GOP, and becoming the opponent party to the Dem; then it might be worthwhile to fight traffic and lines to vote for them. Until them, they can fight for the scraps of this country while it goes down in flames.

melle1228 on April 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM

novaculus on April 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Then cuts all funding.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Our enemies are much Moe disciplined than we are

No, they’re not. Their task is easier. They can appeal to self-interest in the form of government services or subsidies–and who among us hasn’t taken out a federally subsidized student loan or received some other government benefit whether as a veteran or a retired person or something?

We who oppose on principle the expansion of the central state have a more difficult case to make about whether services and subsidies are sustainable, the moral hazard involved, and whether we are willing to accept the supervision and surveillance that necessarily attends services and subsidies. This is why we emphasize ideological commitment more than our friends on the left–because we have to–we need to: every compromise we make expands the state. And we very very rarely ever win, yo.

casuist on April 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I’d rather see the knife coming at me, and have some small chance at defending myself, then get stabbed in the back.

I guess you’re one of those conservatives that when the GOP says “Bend Over!” you say “For how Long?”

MWC_RS on April 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

McCain is going to endorse Hillary.

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

And Jeb is going to run with her on a national unity ticket:

Clinton/Bush 2016 (and in perpetuity).

kcewa on April 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Parakeets are VERY conservative by nature

Rick Perrys Parakeet on April 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

You’re my hero. Can you run for president? A chicken in every pot!

TinFin on April 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I dunno Casuist

Look how they tolerate Landrieu Begich Pryor there are no purity purges they know Landrieu is the best they can get in LA

They are united determined evil

Ever ready to throw themselves off the cliff for their cause

Us?