Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on April 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

There is an interesting topic that the Sunday shows could cover this morning, but they won’t. Instead, expect a potpourri of Bundy bromides, is-it-war-yet analyses of Ukraine, and 2016 look-aheads. For the last bit, Mike Pence gets the star spot on “Fox News Sunday” while “This Week” leads with Elizabeth Warren, who’ll be on to talk about her new book and issue her 8,000th denial that she’s running for president.

Not up for that? Bibi Netanyahu will be on “Face the Nation” and “State of the Union” to discuss the peace process that’s not happening, no matter what John Kerry thinks. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Mostly trolls again. Looking forward to Jaibones’ lineup, if he posts it. Reminder: don’t write it directly on the page!

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM

The Sunday Morning DNC-Propaganda Show Review

Or, How the TV People Think and Want You to Think.

Let’s have a gander:

“Meet the Press” on NBC
Tony Blinken – Kook Left dope who appears on Sunday morning talk shows for a living
Tony Blair – Kook Left Brit
Robert Menendez – Kook Left Mexican
Neera Tanden – Kook Left Indian

NBC beats its own Corporate Best for Kook Left Propaganda. Move on, folks … nothing to see here.

“Face the Nation” on CBS
Blinken – Winken and Nod
Bob Corker – Hey, not a Democrat! Not a Republican, either, of course, but you take what you can get.
Claire McCaskill – Kook Left Mistake
Benjamin Netanyahu – How does one describe Bibi?
Rick Santorum – (Why? Is he running for President again? He must really miss the power…) Conservative-ish

“This Week” on ABC
Jeh Johnson – Affirmative action Kook Left clown
Elizabeth Warren – Pretend Indian (feathers) Kook Left clown

Solid Blue and Kook Left. Not the first time ABC has gone Pure Propaganda this year.

“Fox News Sunday” on Fox
Mike Pence – First sitting conservative of the day!
Jennifer Gratz – Affirmative Action opponent of unknown other political ideology.
Shanta Driver – Hilarious affirmative action nitwit.

Fox leans right and stages a major dope of the left to use as a piñata.

“State of the Union” on CNN
Blinken – Hat trick for the Kook Left
Netanyahu – Israeli and Proud of it.
John Barrasso – Conservative!
Ben Cardin – Conservative! I think…

Moderated by the Kook Left, this still looks like a truly rare parity for Miss Piggy.

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV
Penny Pritzker – Silver Spoon Liberal
David Pouffe – Kook Left Gay
John Sununu – Mostly Conservative

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN
Tom Steyer – Kook Left billionaire (the Good Kind)

“Al Punto” on Univision “Racist TV”
Anthony Weiner – (Wait…he’s Jewish, not Mexican!) Kook Left

Well. The Kook Left Fringe is fully represented in every show and every conversation, as proper propaganda demands. A sprinkling of conservatives and a two-fer by Bibi, who stands in as a conservative for the purposes of laughing at John Effing Kerry and his predictable and utter failure in the Mid East.

If you want to know what the Kook Left is saying as the 2nd term mid-terms approach, today is Your Day. Enjoy.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Reminder: don’t write it directly on the page!

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hahahahaha. Wrote it last night, thanks. Still have to edit on the page, but yeah … really frustrating to get almost done and have a refresh wipe it out. Thanks.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:17 AM

And a Good Morning to Falls Church.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Good morning!

“I first appeared on ‘Meet the Press’ during Watergate, and it was a secular mass in Washington; the faithful never missed it.”

So, they’re all atheists now?

Well, in addition to the death of the Sunday am shows, they could discuss the death of the Republican Party. I imagine the Libs are absolutely giddy and wouldn’t want to blow the R’s cover on immigration. Peachy.

conservative pilgrim on April 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Ben Cardin – Conservative! I think…
Think again. Kook lefty Sen. from MD.

Pence – Presidential

Trucorgi on April 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM

if we implemented Bibi’s healthcare system, i don’t think he would be such a HA darling.

uatu1878 on April 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM

• Anthony Weiner – (Wait…he’s Jewish, not Mexican!) Kook Left

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

But Jailbones, wasn’t his twitter handle Carlos Danger?

Wethal on April 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Ben Cardin – Conservative! I think…

Hard left. Candy-filled doesn’t do parity.

Gingotts on April 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM

And a Good Morning to Falls Church.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Good morning! I am busted…

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Think again. Kook lefty Sen. from MD.

Pence – Presidential

Trucorgi on April 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Ugh. I confused Ben Cardin, the Kook Left clown, with … Ben Carson. No, really.

It has been a challenging week for my brain, and here is the evidence.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Ask Mike Pence how much campaigning he did For Mourdock after Pence’s buddy Lugar lost the primary.

Wethal on April 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Ben Cardin – Conservative! I think…
Think again. Kook lefty Sen. from MD.

Pence – Presidential

Trucorgi on April 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Yep.

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I am busted…

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Heh. Hiding in plain sight.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM

But Jailbones, wasn’t his twitter handle Carlos Danger?

Wethal on April 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hahaha – he’s Mexican by Nom de Web!

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Wethal on April 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

That would be a major mark against Pence in my book. I despise Donnelly.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Pence!
Btw: Today is also Yom Ha’Shoah.(Holocaust remembrance day)
The youngest survivors are around 70.
Never forgive.
Never forget.
NEVER AGAIN!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM

donald sterling…yada yada yada…cliven bundy…yada yada yada.

Watch this instead

Warning! soccer

kcewa on April 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Jailbones:

Sununu and Corker are RINOs. Remember, Sununu got us David Souter, of Kehlo vs. New London infamy.

conservative hispanic on April 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Mike Pence Makes His Move at NRA Conference

lynncgb on April 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I don’t know enough about Pence to know if he’s conservative. He may be a good state manager but so is Kasich and I wouldn’t call him conservative. Some of these guys say what a particular group wants to hear. I think Kasich means what he says. I think Jindal is honest about his beliefs.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Btw: Today is also Yom Ha’Shoah.(Holocaust remembrance day)
The youngest survivors are around 70.
Never forgive.
Never forget.
NEVER AGAIN!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM

It’s already happening and not just against Jews. Always vigilant.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Wethal on April 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

That would be a major mark against Pence in my book. I despise Donnelly.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Yep, Pence is on my list of RINOS, proven by his adherence to the RINO “double standard”.

Which is, when a RINO wins a primary, conservatives are told by the RINO Establishment that we MUST GO OUT AND SUPPORT THE RINO. This is NEVER reciprocated, RINOS will not support the conservative winner of the primary and will run as Sore Losers if they can.

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I was more upset that Mitch Daniels did not campaign for Richard Mourdock.

For whatever reason, Mike Pence was solely focused on his own campaign for governor in 2012. He did not speak out on much of anything else that year.

I could vote for Mike Pence, and I do live in Indiana.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

It’s already happening and not just against Jews. Always vigilant.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

To the point that we have a rabid anti-Semite in the White House with the middle name of HUSSEIN… Obama denies being a muslim (and probably isn’t because I can’t see him acknowledging any being greater than himself anyway) but that is where his sympathies truly are.

The muslims are holocaust deniers (because they will allow no sympathy for Jews), but will say in the next sentence that a holocaust is a damn good idea…

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Pence is conservative. I wouldn’t hold the Mourdock thing against him too much. It just means he’s a politician. They all are.

kcewa on April 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

And one other thing not often mentioned about Mike Pence: he was in the republican house leadership leading up to the 2010 midterms. But he abdicated that position when John Boehner became speaker after the 2010 midterms. Pence claimed it was to focus on his run for governor, but who knows. Maybe he had a falling out with John Boehner. That would be a good thing in my book.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I was more upset that Mitch Daniels did not campaign for Richard Mourdock.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Mitch Daniels is a RINO, and if Pence were any kind of conservative he’d have campaigned for Mourdock.

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Yes it would.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

It looks like Jews and Christians have nowhere to go these days. We used to support victims of tyranny. Now we’re the victims.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Richard Mourdock would have been a high quality senator. Us right wing extremists worked very hard for ihis election. The primary win against Lugar was very heady, but the loss to Donnelly was bitter indeed.

The local Republicans did virtually nothing for Mourdock.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Shanta Grant: makes me think of a Shakespeare quote… “First, we kill all the lawyers…” What a political, partisan, crap weasel.

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My variant of this would be to:

1. Dig a gigantic hole.
2. Kill all the lawyers, bury them in the hole.
3. Fill up the hole with the government bureaucrats.

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Pence’s claimed excuse was Mourdock’s ill-considered comments about rape. He called on Mourdock to “apologize” for saying what I guess he believes (the comments were theological and in my opinion far too nuanced for political debate). That apparently gave Pence his opening to shun Mourdock.

FWIW

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM

conservative hispanic on April 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Corker is Kirk-like in his RINOness. I have a soft spot for Sununu, despite the idiotic Souter recommendation, because when he’s on the conservative attack, he’s hilarious. He’ll drop the gloves at a hint of leftism.

But yeah, he’s always been considered a squish. Call it benefit of doubt.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 9:15 AM

• Shanta Driver – Hilarious affirmative action nitwit.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Yes – “Exhibit A” of “Stupid people don’t know they’re stupid.”

Followed by a bad commercial for Common Bore.

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Shanta Driver, I should have typed. She really pissed me off; she couldn’t even hold a conversation without name-calling and demagoguery. Ms. Gratz really put her in her place.

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:18 AM

I don’t know enough about Pence to know if he’s conservative.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I don’t know enough about him either, COL.

But I don’t want Jeb…don’t want Christie, Rubio, Santorum or Huckabee. Paul has become very annoying. Jindal and Perry are a wait and see…and they’re all sounding like they’re in favor of amnesty in one form or another. The field right now doesn’t sound all that appealing so I’ll be happy to listen to Pence.

lynncgb on April 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What the hell was Rove babbling about there at the end of that Russia-Ukraine discussion? Is he a lawyer?

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

lynncgb on April 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I am throwing my support and donations to the first candidate who supports throwing employers of illegals into prison and ending ALL government benefits for illegals. Shut off the magnets, and the Border Patrol will have to rush to get out of their way in their rush south!

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

ExpressoBold on April 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Yes he is a lawyer, and he’s far too elite to EVER have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM

lynncgb on April 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Shades of 2012′s Gingrich, Perry, Jindal, Huckabee, Mitt, Huntsman, Paul, Santorum, Cain, et al.

Good times, good times.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Yes – “Exhibit A” of “Stupid people don’t know they’re stupid.”

22044 on April 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Affirmative Action has done two thing which are unforgivable:

A. It puts half-retarded people like Shanta Driver in places where they are utterly incapable of functioning properly. In a just world, her intellect and work ethic would earn her a place washing laundry at the hospital. Instead, she’s on TV arguing public policy and standing in front of the Supreme Court (where even her supporters are laughing at her).

2. It diminishes the actual achievements of minorities and women, as having been the beneficiaries of set-asides and quotas.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM

That’s the worst thing about affirmative action. You never know whether someone is in a job becuse they deserve it or because they were helped along the way. You usually find out because they are incompetent like Obungle but the perception is always that maybe that person didn’t really deserve the job even if they did.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Ben Cardin – Conservative! I think…

Uh, Ben Cardin is a hardcore liberal from Maryland, he’s a Senator. Unless there is another Ben Cardin.

Also, it depends on the Sununu, John E. is great. John H. is definitely establishment, conservative sure, and yes he recommended Souter to George Bush, after having him recommended to him by Warren Rudman, who later bragged about fooling both Bush and Sununu into thinking Souter was a hardcore conservative.

MWC_RS on April 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Blinken – Winken and Nod

…am I the only one that laughed?

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I was more upset that Mitch Daniels did not campaign for Richard Mourdock.

I could vote for Mike Pence, and I do live in Indiana.

Pence was neutral in the Lugar vs. Mourdock fight, which essentially was an endorsement for Mourdock ( if not publically declared) Daniels endorsed Lugar.

Pence campaigned with Mourdock as did everybody else except the butthurt lugarites right up till Mourdock decided to practice theology up on the debate stage.
I don’t see the point of holding it against a guy for not jumping on that live hand grenade.
Everybody went for cover, you could call it “cowardice” if you like, but Pence had stuck with Mourdock, we would’ve lost both the Governor and Senate seat.
As far as MD not campaigning, he supposedly had taken a vow of political silence after being appointed as Purdue President.
He neither condemned nor campaigned for Mourdock.

Considering the fact that Pence consistently lead against Earmarks, and Tarp, as well as being a voice against NCLB and Medicare Part D back when they were first being suggested ( and a bunch of Rs voted for that by the way)
I don’t think you can call him a “RINO”
The man in his 12 years in the House did more for conservatism then Ted Cruz has so far.

MWC_RS on April 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM

MWC_RS on April 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM

…thanks for the post…most of us have enough to keep track of with our local and statewide people…it’s hard to know…with todays (so called) media what other candidates are really doing…we NEED insights from those of you that live in their areas around the country.

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM

• Blinken – Winken and Nod

…am I the only one that laughed?

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

ncinca on April 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Add ending Birthright Citizenship legislation to that and I’m with you.

ncinca on April 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM

No. But who is this person. I “pride” myself at knowing most of these idiots. Maybe I just need to put a face to the name. I’ll go google him.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM

ConstantineXI on April 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

What you have to realize is that most illegals have fake social
security cards/numbers. I don’t know what they are doing now with E-Verify, however, do not trust the site to be accurate. Previously, employers
had no way of determining whether or not a social security number was legitimate. And the government didn’t force the issue. I don’t recall citizens up in arms (probably because the media didn’t cover it and few were paying attention while trying to raise
their families, etc.).

An employee just filled out the form with the SS#; no card was
ever presented.

However, I agree that a system should be in place whereby the employer should have to
verify the social security number and pay huge fines if they continue to hire illegals. Then again, what is to be done about
the accuracy of E-Verify? Its a joke.

Amjean on April 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Been watching Pence for years. No doubt in my mind that he ran for governor to have the executive experience needed for the presidency. Now if we can just get him elected.

GrantIndy on April 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I’m hearing this morning that Mr. Sterling, Democrat donor, was all set to receive a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha*snort*hahahahahahaha!

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM

GrantIndy on April 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I’m leaning towards an accomplished governor for the nomination rather than any number of wet behind the ears senators who’s only accomplishment, like Obama, is to spout stuff that they think people want to hear. Although I must say, regardless of how good a governor (and he was) I’m not choked with dynasties.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM

oops.

upinak on April 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha*snort*hahahahahahaha!

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Another story that will mysteriously be “pre-empted” by some other super duper huge story. Poof.

ncinca on April 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM

ncinca on April 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I’m not so sure. He insulted some truly high profile people and is the employer of people he obviously disdains. I just wonder what Mr. Bundy thinks of how fast the Karma Fairy got here.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I don’t know who the blonde lady was, but she just schooled a racist on Affirmative action hard.

It was great.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Indiana has eschewed Common Core, and in its place, Pence has approved standards that are nothing more than re-branded Common Core. He frequently likes to say “Hoosier standards for Hoosier students,” as if parents in Indiana are concerned that their children aren’t sufficiently identified as “Hoosiers.”

In spite of what went wrong in Mourdock’s Senate run, he would still have won if not for the Libertarian candidate siphoning votes away from him. The Libertarian party should see the 2016 Indiana gubernatorial race as a golden opportunity to step up their impact. They wouldn’t be likely to win, but they need to take steps to emerge as the replacement for Republicans. If they can get 20% or more of the vote, then it would be a huge step toward that.

Slapping the word “Hoosier” over socialist policies (and variations on that theme) just adds infuriating insult to injury. And Pence can say whatever he wants at the NRA convention – I don’t believe a single word out of his mouth.

86 on April 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

According to Jailbones it was Jennifer Gratz.

And she rocked.

You know,, I get tired of being called a racist BY a bunch of racist.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM

ncinca on April 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I think ncinca was referring to the NAAY(ou)P story.

davidk on April 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

You’ve been doing an excellent job with these Sunday scorecards for some time. Thank you.

Are the powers that be looking at these and charging someone with the task of compiling a running total of the overwhelming disparity showing up from right and left on these shows. And as your summaries show, the supposed righties are often little more than show ponies. Half the time we get McCain or Graham.

I’m serious. Someone at Hot Air should compile things on a quarterly basis, then feed it to a bigger media outfit for wider dissemination. Media Research Council would love this kind of stuff–I’m surprised they don’t do it themselves. But Fox News also loves highlighting this stuff.

My point is that week to week, it’s not really all that easy to see the steady drip-drip of the lefty opinion making. But to look at a compilation of these Sunday show line-ups goes to show you not a drip-drip, but a deluge of lefty opinion. It’s absolutely overwhelming. Other than Chris Wallace’s show, the others are simply unbelievable.

Especially on the heals of the reporting this past week about the angst NBC is experiencing over Gregory’s stewardship of Meet the Press (for crying out loud, look at his lineup this week), these major networks really need to be called out as one-sided hacks.

In the end, I hope someone compiles your good work, reports on it, and sends you a check for your contribution.

BuckeyeSam on April 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM

It was great.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I think she was the student (or one of them) who was harmed by University of Michigan’s AA admissions policy.

BuckeyeSam on April 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM

davidk on April 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Oh! Yes, that probably won’t get much ink or air but I will always cherish the printed program when I need a laugh or two.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM

You know,, I get tired of being called a racist BY a bunch of racist.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM

When Rush is right he is right, the Left has been practicing the “soft bigotry of low expectations” for generations. It is so insulting.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Why doesn’t talk about he RACIST remarks of Gov. Quinn in Illinois? Liberals have no credibility here…….

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Sterling is a Liberal Democrat…..

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The Liberal Jews on MTP is saying how unjust and RACIST against non-whites

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM

practicing the “soft bigotry of low expectations” for generations. It is so insulting. Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM

You know what? I’m way more Cherokee than lizzy warren, the first “woman of color” at harvard for some damned post.

At some point this will go away, and instead of checking a box based on race, you can just check the box for communist.

Warren, obama, sotomyer, the list is long.

They gamed the system, because it was ripe to be gamed.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM

GrantIndy on April 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

86 on April 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I am so confused.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM

They gamed the system, because it was ripe to be gamed.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Wouldn’t that be because the game and system was put in place to play?

You have to think of it like a criminal. Unlike you and I, who wouldn’t think of using a seemingly understandable law, someone could see a way to use said law, or something similar, can use it to get where they think they should be.

It isn’t hard to think like that, when you figure out that is how others are thinking. And that is when you turn the tables, and use the same law against them. 20/20 is a witch.

upinak on April 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM

What about Gob. Quinn’s remarks about Jews?

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Cindy, I reposted your NAACP post on the Clippers thread, and you are getting several comments.

davidk on April 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM

davidk on April 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I try to look, and at a glance, I didn’t the content of her original in your post, so I provided a link to an NRO Corner post that fleshes things out a bit. Sorry about that. And, yes, the Corner post shows a copy of a list of honorees at an upcoming NAACP fete. The post captures a funny Tweet from someone about that aspect.

BuckeyeSam on April 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Pence – Presidential

Trucorgi on April 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Yuck!

Carnac on April 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM

ExpressoBold

Probably something about how it’s important that we defend Ukraine’s border from invasion while leaving our own borders wide open.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it…McCain is basically campaigning for Hillary Clinton now.

xblade on April 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM

davidk on April 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM

The Clipper’s thread in the headlines? If so, can we say redundant?

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM

For whatever reason, Mike Pence was solely focused on his own campaign resume building for governor in 2012. He did not speak out on much of anything else that year.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Since then, other than agreeing with Common Core Equivalent standards a week ago, I can’t think of anything Pence has done other than lie low since 2012.

Carnac on April 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM

OT, but, since it’s an open thread…

One of my good friends works for the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI). They’ve just installed a live streaming camera 900 meters down in the Monterey Bay.

You can see it here.

I he gets lots of people following this, they might give him more money to do some more cool things.

PS: Watch for a while and you might see some really weird things swim by. The camera does pan around when my friend is at work. Also, they do turn the lights off at night.

trigon on April 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM

They gamed the system, because it was ripe to be gamed.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there any changes? Doesn’t seem like it to me.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Based upon recent past, Pence is a “go-along to get-along” kind of guy.

Doesn’t make waves.

Stays low-profile.

Will he AGGRESSIVELY work to reverse everything that Obama has and will have done?

“Go-along to get-along” doesn’t demonstrate much hope in that.

Carnac on April 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM

trigon on April 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Thanks, I bet a lot of people will enjoy it, we have eagle watchers here.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM

It’s not “understandable law”. It’s straight up racism. There is no excuse for it.

In the service when I needed something, I had a list of vendors at supply.

White guy sells a hammer at $10.
white woman sells a hammer at $20.
black man sells a hammer at $30.
black woman sells a hammer at $100.

I had to buy the $100 hammer.

I’m not joking. That’s how it rolled.

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM

wolly4321 on April 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM

And they were probably all the same hammer (from China)…..

DimsdalePiranha on April 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Racists like Spike Lee have no place at an NBA game…..

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM

That would be a major mark against Pence in my book. I despise Donnelly.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I’m a Hoosier who prefers a known enemy like Donnelly in that seat to a backstabbing bastage like Dick Lugar, who hasn’t even lived in the state for years, and routinely crossed the aisle and betrayed us every time the chips were down. After that sob came out against the surge in Iraq, timing his betrayal to do the most damage and garner for himself the most attention, I put a “Dick Lugar Before He Dicks You” sticker in my car window and kept it there until we finally got rid of him.

Donnelly has already given us one vote I’m not sure we would have gotten from Lugar, the thumbs down on Dickhead Odegbile for head of the DOJ Civil Rights Division. He may actually be more easily influenced by public opinion that Lugar was. (I know from talking to his staff when I called to object to Odegbile that they were bieng deluged by calls demanding he vote no on that tool, and vote no he did.) Donnelly can’t go very far left and hope to win again in this state, whereas Lugar in his last couple of terms delighted in thumbing his nose at the people who elected him.

I’ll say this for Pence: He is smart and he has done what he needs to do to be in a good position to run. I don’t think he is going to make stupid (and I mean stupid) remarks like Mourdock did. (Mourdock seems like a nice man, but his organization was pretty inept. I met some of his people at a local event and offered to help, and I never heard back from them.) I don’t know about Pence’s relationship with Boehner, but he clearly wanted to be governor in part to add the executive experience to his credentials.

As for lying low, that seems to me to be a very wise strategy, given the media environment. Anyone who looks like a viable candidate will immediately be targeted, Alinsky-style, by the MSM and the usual character assassins on the Left.. Better to burnish your resume under the radar, and carefully choose your time to make your move.

Daniels had done the heavy lifting to get our state’s fiscal house in order, but Pence surely has done no harm, and our state is in a lot better shape than most. As for the Common Core situation, he did come out against it. I’m aware of the criticism that the replacement is Common Core Lite, but that may reflect the fact he is not an educator, and the educational establishment is pretty much overrun with authoritarian dipshits who basically are all in favor of concentrating power at the top of the bureaucracy where they reside. At least we can change things as we go without having to concern ourselves with meeting Common Core standards.

I’m just sick of unelectables and well-intended but not-ready-for-prime-time candidates. Pence exudes competency and I think he would run a very tight and tough campaign. I would love to see his accomplishments stacked up against Hillary’s record, and he would destroy her in any debate not run by Candy Crowley.

Pence is on my short list. And it’s a very short list.

novaculus on April 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM

In the end, I hope someone … sends you a check for your contribution.

BuckeyeSam on April 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Just for fun, Sam. And no one would ever pay me to mix up Ben Cardin and Ben Carson! Good grief, and thank you.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Realdemocrat1 on April 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM

What did I miss from the latest Illinois retard-Governor?

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I get pretty frustrated here with the moderation sometimes. I just put some effort into a fairly lengthy comment, only to have it go into moderation. I’m certain it contains nothing as objectionable as some of the garbage our trolls are routinely allowed to post.

I’ve asked for an explanation, so I can fix it if necessary and re-submit. If I don’t get a response fairly soon, I’m going to take another stab at it on my own.

Please stay tuned.

novaculus on April 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Pence is on my short list. And it’s a very short list.

novaculus on April 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have been a cautious admirer of Pence and Mourdock’s error shouldn’t be blamed on Pence…I get that. But if he truly sat on his hands, shame on him. A pro-abortion Catholic has no business getting elected in Indiana.

As for Lugar, I couldn’t have been happier to see him defeated in the primary.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM

It’s a twofer!!! And apparently it stayed out there for days and days before being deleted.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

If you didn’t see Judge Jeannine’s opening statement on Dingy Harry last night you can see the video on Fox News website. Click on Opinion on top and on the right there is a little picture of her.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Back from church and catching up, col. The author of that opinion is the great Ward Connerly at University of California. I think of it as the heartbreaking failure of liberal racism.

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM

novaculus on April 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Thank you.

esr1951 on April 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM

trigon on April 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Opened a new window for it. I’ll check it out, sounds pretty interesting.

novaculus on April 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

It says the Jewish community quietly communicated their disapproval. I’d be darn noisy about it. Why do these people continue to vote Democrat?

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Jaibones on April 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Thanks but he wouldn’t be the first to have that opinion. That was the objection to it in the first place.

crankyoldlady on April 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM