Video: Boehner mocks GOP opponents of immigration reform

posted at 11:21 am on April 25, 2014 by Allahpundit

I mentioned this yesterday in the McCain post but figured you’d want to watch the video, if only to see just how high his mock-falsetto can get. But then, mockery is what we reform skeptics deserve for having stained America’s honor.

Watch this clip and tell me how, having framed the issue this way, Boehner could possibly resist bringing something on immigration to the floor before 2016. I keep hearing from amnesty fans that the odds of passing something will drop after the midterms, especially if the GOP does well in November; Republicans will be too skittish to tackle this as the presidential cycle heats up, the theory goes, and conservatives will point to the midterm results as “proof” that doing nothing on immigration isn’t fatal to the party. Does Boehner sound here like a guy who might be swayed by that argument? He’s all but calling opponents cowards for fearing a political backlash from doing what he clearly believe is the right thing. (“We get elected to solve problems and it’s remarkable to me how many of my colleagues just don’t want to.”) If he doesn’t force the House to take this up this summer, I think, he’s going to insist on it in the lame-duck session or, at the latest, early next year, to make it as painless as possible for GOP presidential candidates. If he doesn’t, then he himself is the ultimate example of the “oooooh, this is too hard” holdout.

Note, by the way, that he knows there’s a camera on him. This isn’t a stray comment made to a private audience, as his “hellbent” crack from last month was. This was meant for public consumption, which makes me think maybe there really is something to the idea of GOP reform fans concertedly speaking out in favor ahead of the big push. Exit quotation from a House Republican: “Most members see the leadership as being supportive of Gang of Eight-style reform. We continually hear that once most primaries are over, the leadership will move forward with comprehensive reform.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Representative republic.

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Give him the boot..

PatriotRider on April 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Hey Boehner: how about a little comprehensive immigration law enforcement?

This guy knows that Øbama will never follow through with any “promise” he makes regarding border enforcement etc., so why does he sit there and pick on fellow Republicans. Even the Democrats are smarter than that.

DimsdalePiranha on April 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM

You get elected to uphold the Constitution and the laws promulgated thereunder, chief among them immigration laws. As*hole.

Ted the Average on April 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM

You’re elected to represent the people who elected you.

. . . You self-important POS.

Axe on April 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM

“We get elected to make choices. We get elected to solve problems…we get elected to say ‘f*** it! Who needs national borders and proper citizenship, anyway?’”

forest on April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

That’s hilarious! And here I thought you were elected to represent the will of your constituents. Time to send Boehner back to being an exterminator or bartender. Anything but a civics teacher!

VeteranandPatriot on April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Sounds like a done deal to me. Only question is how close the final vote will be.

So long, GOP. We hardly knew ye.

Bitter Clinger on April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Hey, it’s cool if he wants to pass comprehensive reform. Good luck with getting me to donate any money to you this cycle, much less go to the polls in November.

JoeShmoe99 on April 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I wrote to my rep about Boehner ( yah , big deal ) but if all of
us did the same about this drunk , who is an embarrassment to
the House , it might help .

Lucano on April 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I love the false choice too of either doing amnesty or nothing. What a tool.

Rufus on April 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Senate Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

No, a§hat, you don’t elected to solve problems. You get elected to represent your constituents and support and defend the Constitution.

bigmacdaddy on April 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM

School yard teasing. Way to up the ante Boehner!

astonerii on April 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I’m all for immigration reform and say repeatedly that it’s inevitable, so congress needs to get on it and stop wasting more time. Nothing is going to get solved by ignoring the situation.

That being said…Boehner’s mocking of some GOP House members is just uncalled for, and unprofessional…especially for a Speaker of the House. I normally defend Boehner…but on this, he deserves all the criticism he’ll get.

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

You get elected to do the will of the people, azzhat. Sound familiar? And if you want to “solve problems”, seal the border!

SailorMark on April 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Where is V7_sport to support this guy? Calling V7_sport, your idols, the shamnesty crowd need you to bully us into voting for them!

astonerii on April 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Nancy Pelosi of all people owned him by calling him out for this foot in the mouth statement. He is such a pathetic and weak “leader”. I’m beyond disappointed at this point. He. Needs. To. Go.

cdog0613 on April 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I totally agree. Our southern border has been a mess for years and Congress refuses to do what it takes to secure it.

Mark1971 on April 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

What specifically needs to be in your proposed reforms?

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

You were elected to uphold the constitution and additional laws that may follow constitutionally.

We have laws on the books that deal with immigration … why not uphold those laws you jack axx?

Get rid of this retard!

teoinor on April 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM

House Republicans should move to dump this POS from leadership RIGHT NOW. To hell with the optics.

Boehner has to go.

DRayRaven on April 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Buck Foehner

Nutstuyu on April 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Anyone else think Boehner just cost Republicans some normally reliable votes?

lynncgb on April 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I’m sure his colleagues are just heartbroken. They’ve been mocked by a crying, orange man, whose cojones are much smaller than those carried by his predecessor, Maerose Prizzi.

Resist We Much on April 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM

First Dennis the Menace Kucinich, now Boner.

As a downstate Buckeye I’m getting a bit tired of having to apologize to the rest of the country for the dingbats my north and central OH neighbors keep sending to DC.

It just shows that stupid is no respecter of party affiliation.

Both of these ballot mice need to retire. Now.

clear ether

eon

eon on April 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Weepy alcoholics should not be trusted with policy-making.

Cicero43 on April 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM

How can anybody take this crying orange creep seriously?

tetriskid on April 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I agree with my younger brother.

Sincerely, John McVain.

22044 on April 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Remember back to last October. A couple Senate Republicans were leading the attack on repealing or at least de-funding Obamacare. The government went into partial shutdown mode. In stepped John Boehner show real leadership. Remember that? Neither do I.

What I do remember is that Boehner was out there saying oooooh, don’t make me do this. Oooooh, this is too hard! In the end the creamsicle bastard caved and pushed through a bill that did nothing to repeal or defund Obamacare. He was lauded by the surrender caucus including those here at HA who declared Boehner’s Neville Chamberlain-like leadership “living to fight another day.” And of course predicting tough negotiations for the Dems once the debt ceiling was reached.

But of course when the debt ceiling negotiations were going on, Boehner once again said oooooh, don’t make me do this. Oooooh, this is too hard! and once again gave the Dems everything they wanted. Boehner is played with by Dems the same way that Putin plays with Obama. And that isn’t ever going to change.

My prediction is that nothing is going to occur on amnesty for the filthy illegals living in this nation until after the elections. Sure he could bully something through after the primaries but that would be financial suicide for any Republican that voted in favor of gifting amnesty to a bunch of undeserving criminals. So, lame duck session at the earliest and more likely next session in a way that can be lauded as bipartisan (since the gang of eight bill will die with the expiration of this Congress).

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM

eon on April 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM

You all need to make it happen! I know it aint easy … I live in OR … but get after it gang, OH has a better chance than we do … these guys need to go.

teoinor on April 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Even if some genius could figure out a reasonable reform
do you really think that president o won’t abuse it ?
Seal the borders , stiff e verify program , NO BENEFITS
and then we’ll see how it works out in a few years .
Every corporation looks to attrition to first reduce a workforce .
Then we’ll talk …..in a few years .

Lucano on April 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

…O I H O !…do the right thing!
…get rid of this no ba11s crying P O S !

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM

UGH

gophergirl on April 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Big surprise. Boehner and the GOP are not your friends. They have long since cut their own deals; deals that do not benefit us.
The inexorable advance to the inevitable conclusion continues.

usmc594ever on April 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Treasonous GOP weasels constantly talking about pushing aid and comfort for invading illegals is fatal to the party. The GOP has certainly lost my vote over this (and because they haven’t done anything but pretend to want to repeal BarkyCare). The GOP can’t go away fast enough.

The Weeping Boner needs to be removed from the Weepership, thrown out of Congress, deported from the nation and blasted into a quickly decaying orbit around the sun.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 25, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I love opening Hot Air to see one thread after another of RINOs attacking their own base, more than they ever fight back against the Dems.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I will not vote against someone again, there will be someone I want to vote FOR this time or I stay home. Amnesty is a deal breaker for me.

hollygolightly on April 25, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Why is he still Speaker, again?

changer1701 on April 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Vichy Republican.

kingsjester on April 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

The arrogance held by so many of our representatives is mind boggling. I can’t help but hope it is not too late to save our country. It seems like the more they are exposed for their warped leadership, the more they are emboldened to thumb their crooked noses at the people, the rule of law, and the Constitution.

mobydutch on April 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Anyone else think Boehner just cost Republicans some normally reliable votes?

lynncgb on April 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I’m actually more angry about what Boehner’s staffer said afterward. You only mock the ones you love. I didn’t hear a lot of love in Boehner’s voice when he was making those comments. I saw an angry creamsicle that is frustrated he can’t get his party in Nazi-like lockstep on an issue he sees as the only way those Hispanics are ever going to vote for the GOP ever again.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Too many martinis.
*clink*

Brat on April 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM

“We get elected to make choices. We get elected to solve problems…”

No Sir! You get elected to represent your constituents—the people who elected you, not to make choices based on special interest.

Rovin on April 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What stains America’s honor is how we treat LEGAL immigrants. Amnesty has nothing to do with helping poor, helpless immigrants. It is mainly about helping big spending donors keep their cheap labor. If Boehner wants to win grassroots support, he and his ilk should be advocating an improved system for legal immigrants and border protection.

Vera71 on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

What specifically needs to be in your proposed reforms?

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Frankly, I’m open to different ideas. But there’s going to have to be some sort of that nasty word “amnesty” in there. There’s no way 12-20 million illegals are going to be deported…we really need to face that. Nor should illegals get a free ride to the head of the line.

Working towards citizenship would be a long road, complete with minimum requirements, financial penalties, and a lot of hard work and dedication. Those who serve in the US military certainly should get preference as well.

At the end of the day, yes…we do need to seal the borders, no question. But as I’ve previously said, that only solves half the illegal problem. And I’m all for enforcing laws already on the books…it seems worthless to keep enacting laws that go unenforced.

There are no easy answers to immigration reform. No matter where a politician falls on the issue, he/she will tick off people. That would explain why some avoid the issue as long as possible. But this needs to be settled, and both sides of the aisle are going to have to do some give and take…one party can’t do this alone.

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Anyone else think Boehner just cost Republicans some normally reliable votes?

lynncgb on April 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

No, I do not think that. He costs you very reliable voters. The nominally reliable people could care less about policy.
He will cost you significant numbers of extremely unreliable voters however. With this group of Republicans in office, I do not see how I put the effort into convincing friends and family to show up to the polls that they typically do not go to.

astonerii on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Exhibit A of what the Brits refer to as a “Nancy Boy”. I’m starting to understand why Boner cries all the time. He’s skeered of the mean old Tea Party and its funding sources….he’d better be

neyney on April 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Enjoy the remaining months of your speakership.

Your fix to problems are what cause these problems. We’ve been told before if we just grant shamnesty to all these people, the problem will be solved. In reality though, it will compound the problem.

Your willing ignorance of the facts coupled with the desire to pander to illegals/hispanics will be the final straw to the downfall of this Republic.

Thanks, weepy.

rightside on April 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Why not implement the law?

Are you that clueless that you think they work for “the people”?

It’s organized crime.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Time to dump the leadership then. Past time actually.

HotAirian on April 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Why is he still Speaker, again?

changer1701 on April 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

You’re gonna make him cry………………….

VegasRick on April 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

F*ck Off Boehner…You’re a yahoo.

We need Secure Borders with Boots on the ground and consistent enforcement.

Sincerely,

Texas

workingclass artist on April 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Am I alone in thinking that IRS, FBI, and NSA have some very juicy materials on him?

Rix on April 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

neyney on April 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM

He cries all the time cause he’s a drunk.

workingclass artist on April 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Look at the video ! This stupid drunk just made a democrat commercial .
Maybe real conservative groups should grab it first and run with it !

Lucano on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Says the Speaker who’s caved on every single showdown he’s had with Obama and Reid. Who repeatedly sends spending bills to the floor that pass with a majority of Democrats voting for them. Who couldn’t wait to roll back the sequester despite that being the one legislative victory he had over the Dems. Who forced the doc fix through on a roll call vote that he didn’t even have the stones to inform his own caucus about.

Boehner has no business lecturing anyone on solving problems. He hasn’t done a damn thing as House Speaker in nearly 3 1/2 years on the job.

Doughboy on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Why not ? You dont need to do it all at once.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Fine, do what you want.

But first, first, first, seal the border…

Any thing else is just something to take our mind off the real issue, the one that the constitution says you have to do, the choice you are required to make, and that is to secure our borders.

Want to talk about “tough decisions”, well that one ain’t so tough, just take care of our borders, than, than, than, you can start making the “tough” decisions.

The problem is, we can’t make you make the easy decisions, so how are you ever going to make the “tough” ones?

right2bright on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I tell the GOP, RNC, and anyone else who continues to call me for donations that they’ll get no money from me so long as Boehner maintains control of the gavel.

BKeyser on April 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I know we have a issue with ILLEGAL Immigration, but I have not come across any problems with Immigration. What is this ‘Immigration Reform’ you speak of?

reddevil on April 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Why not ? You dont need to do it all at once.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Well, if you want a federal bureaucracy that makes the NSA look like a knitting club, if you want court chaos, if you want the feds to have an even larger budget, more intrusive, than just go ahead and start deporting 10-20 million. It has never been done in the history of the world for good reason.

Logistically it can’t be done…however.

Sealing the borders can, and after that, the “problem” may not be as extreme as we think.

right2bright on April 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Rix on April 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Probably not, but I think he has been promised some seriously big bucks in cushy not really jobs after it passes. I do not think barky really cares about the illegals.

astonerii on April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Where do you keep hearing this?

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

John Boehner complaining about immigration not getting done is like Barack Obama blaming George Bush for his problems. I’m not the one most familiar with how COngress works but, if I really wanted to pass an immigration bill, I’d have advocates from both sides come in and testify, form a committee of 6 people, 4 Republicans and 2 Democrats (Making sure Luis Gutierrez is one of them) and put a package together.

All I’ve seen Boehner do is try to find ways to sneak the Senate package through. Where’s the leadership from Boehner?

bflat879 on April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

At least I can afree with him on the whole mock thingy. Retire.

Bmore on April 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

afree=agree

Bmore on April 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

If he’s talking about a “path to citizenship”, then I would have to agree with him.

Deportation and prosecution is delusional. There’s too many, and too much resistance. At the current level of support, trying to do so would escalate into violence.

Not sure about the timing, though. Perhaps wait until we have both houses to pass a law with the best terms.

connertown on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

No. We won’t deport 12-20 million. But if we deported 5 million and the others knew how hard it was going to be to hide, then they would go home themselves. It’s interesting that people say that we can’t deport. We don’t even try to deport. Every other nation on the face of the earth does it, including Mexico, yet we can’t? Total bullshit.

If our legal immigration system doesn’t work now, how will another “legal” immigration system work later? What is unfair about our current system? Not one thing. Mexico enforces their borders. Why is illegal immigration reform necessary for us, but not Mexico?

Total complete bullshit. We’re a nation of laws when it comes to sending dozens of troops to collect $200,000 of grazing fees from some dumbass out in the desert, but we can’t even try to use existing generous immigration laws? Why should any immigrant ever come here through the legal path? Why should we enforce any law? Why don’t we make all law, just more like optional guidelines?

Total complete bullshit.

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Fine, do what you want.

But first, first, first, seal the border…
right2bright on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

The left, aided and abetted by the media, continues to control the narrative and message with “war on women,” “income inequality,” etc.

“Immigration reform” is another prime example.

Wouldn’t an English-speaking visitor from anywhere else infer that “immigration reform” would refer to getting control over who qualifies to be an immigrant, including sealing the border?

Drained Brain on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Boehner – you got elected to serve your constituents, not yourself, you dimwit!

sadatoni on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

He sounds just like a Democrat.

The End.

Meremortal on April 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM

connertown on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

If enforcement is delusional, why is enforcement of any law anything less than delusional? You can’t have it both ways. Lot’s of murders happen. Should we have murder reform? Murder amnesty? How about rape reform? How about theft reform and amnesty? Where do you draw the lines? We can’t enforce laws on people who openly flaunt the law? 20 million people aren’t hiding from the law. They are out in the open.

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Why not ? You dont need to do it all at once.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Logistically it can’t be done…however.

right2bright on April 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Pretty much my thoughts as well, r2b. I’d only add the economic repercussions and that the images of families being torn apart, with crying children and all, doesn’t exactly do any good for anyone. No politician is going to want to be held responsible for that.

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Where do you keep hearing this?

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

If we enforce even current laws, that’s exactly what would be required, no? Because if illegals aren’t deported…all of them…then that qualifies as “amnesty” of a sort. Either we enforce the law, or we go easy on it. But deporting all illegals that are living in the US is never, ever going to happen. The sooner we realize that and move forward with comprehensive reform, the better.

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Logistically it can’t be done…however.

right2bright on April 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

They chose to break the law and it has severe consequences for innocents.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Here’s the problem. Who in the federal government on either side do you trust to not legalize millions of people immediately(or at least far sooner than the bill would claim) for political expediency? The Dems would do it in a heartbeat in order to gain millions of new voters. The GOP would do it just as quickly in order to avoid being labelled as heartless and to curry favor with their fat cat donors in the Chamber of Commerce and big business.

This is why we’re so adamant that “comprehensive immigration reform” never passes. Because the moment it does, it means amnesty for tens of millions and after that it’s game over for America.

And one other thing? Why is deportation always automatically taken off the table? Of course you can’t send 12-20 million people back home at once. But why can’t we enforce our laws and gradually deport thousands at a time? Is the official US immigration policy now that we can never deport an illegal immigrant under any circumstances?

Doughboy on April 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

AP said:

That Dem Iowa Senate candidate knew there was a camera on him too when he insulted farmers. So I’m not sure you can conclude this was meant to be public. Sometimes when pols are talking to their donors they forget that the camera is there. If it was meant to be public it was dumb, it’s not going to make CIR easier to pass.

Jon0815 on April 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

So long, GOP. We hardly knew ye.

Bitter Clinger on April 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I suspect the Dems will deliberately demand more than Boehner can deliver in order to kill the deal and keep the issue for 2016. They do not want to solve a problem that works in their favor and get it off the table. They do not however want to look like they were the ones who stopped it; so they can continue to decry obstructionist racist etc etc. Republicans.

KW64 on April 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Visa overstayers should be subject to immediate deportation. Period. We invited you in as a guest to our home, not as a permanent occupant. Same with those with criminal records.

The border crashers will have to wait until border security is substantially fortified. Then, we can talk about legalizing and their options for possible citizenship (go to the back of the line, pay some fines, take citizenship classes, learn some damn English, etc.).

Bitter Clinger on April 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

“Now, we all must fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men.”

-Monsignor, The Boondock Saints

Teach me how to Bucky on April 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Jetboy sounds reasonable on this issue.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Boehner – you got elected to serve your constituents, not yourself, you dimwit!

sadatoni on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Boner would need a BILLION dollar UPgrade to achieve DIMWIT level!

Whata P***y this loser is!!!

Katfish on April 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Doughboy on April 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

If we can’t deport now. When can we deport. Isn’t that kind of like saying that the border is open, and we will never enforce it? Why not just annex Mexico and turn it into 7 more States? If we have to be responsible for it, why not take on the whole thing?

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Jerkwad.

Ward Cleaver on April 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

If “images” is the problem , maybe someone should fight those.

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM

There is no way we will ever catch all the criminals in America, so let’s do away with the police. We’ll save a lot of money, and unclog the courts. Criminals are just pursuing happiness like the rest of us, it’s an act of love really.

Meremortal on April 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Jetboy sounds reasonable on this issue.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Can you go to Mexico without following their law?

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM

connertown on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Most of them don’t want citizenship….they want to earn dough here and eventually retire like aristocrats back in their hometowns after their kids are educated in our system.

workingclass artist on April 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM

There is and always has been a ‘path to citizenship’. It’s called legal immigration. Just follow the laws and procedures.
Fat chance of that though, huh?

usmc594ever on April 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM

People get unelected too.

2Tru2Tru on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

@oldroy

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I think this is the only response he deserves.

clearbluesky on April 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM

When illegals get the right to vote, they will magically vote to close the boarder…

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Jetboy sounds reasonable on this issue.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

For every nefarious group there are always plenty of useful idiots. I am sure they welcome you to their side.

astonerii on April 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Bitter Clinger on April 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I knew a guy who just re-upped his student visa for like 12 years by enrolling every once in a while. He was Greek.

Eventually he was caught and he left for Greece and settled down to marry.

He never saw what he was doing was wrong.

Entitlement is a global attitude among some folks.

workingclass artist on April 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM

@oldroy

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Do Mexico care if you’re poor or starving?

the_nile on April 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Where do you keep hearing this?

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

JetBoy on April 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

So all cocaine busts occur on the same day too then, right?

Or did we legalize cocaine?

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Then it’s OK to sell your kid…cause Y’know the rest of the family has to eat or something…

poor and starving and whatnot…

workingclass artist on April 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM

@oldroy

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

There are a couple of billion poor and starving across the world. How many do we take responsibility for? Mexico has pleanty of resources. Mineral, timber, oil, food. What’s the problem? And if we are going to take on 20 million poor and starving, why not 100 million? Or 200 million?

oldroy on April 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Do you have locks on your doors, terryannonline?

rogerb on April 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I’m not poor and starving….so it is pretty easy for me to follow the law.

terryannonline on April 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I didn’t realize the law only applied to the comfortable.

hollygolightly on April 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Processing amnesty for 12-20 million illegal aliens is 12-20 years worth of immigration case work so that isn’t possible either unless we have a massive expansion of government which is what the Senate immigration bill will do by the way.

Wigglesworth on April 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM