McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet

posted at 7:01 pm on April 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

Skip to 43:30 for the key bit. Offhand, I don’t think I’ve ever heard him put it this way before. The “de facto amnesty” line is an old chestnut, the line about people in the shadows is a very old chestnut, but the idea that America has actually dishonored itself by dragging its feet in rewarding endless millions of people who broke U.S. law with citizenship is a new one on me. I wonder, does it mitigate the dishonor any that we amnestized them once already in 1986 and will surely do so again sometime soon? How much contempt for our own law do we need to show before the stain is expunged?

Does this guy … not care at all how this rhetoric sounds to people skeptical of comprehensive reform? Per his own logic, given the depths of dishonor we’ve already sunk to in trying to enforce our own borders, I can’t imagine why we would insist on any new security measures as the price for approving mass legalization. If there’s no way to deter people who are already here from staying — “they’re not going home” — why are we even bothering with E-Verify? It’s impossible to watch this and not conclude that the only reason McCain and his allies agreed to beefier security in the Gang of Eight bill was to sweeten the deal politically for skeptics, not because they think that security will work. Or even want it to.

And by the way, when I say it’s coming soon, I mean soon:

House Speaker John Boehner theatrically mocked his fellow Republican Congressmen for being afraid to reform immigration policy when he spoke Thursday before the Middletown Rotary Club in his home district.

“Here’s the attitude. Ohhhh. Don’t make me do this. Ohhhh. This is too hard,” Boehner whined before a luncheon crowd at Brown’s Run County Club in Madison Township.

“We get elected to make choices. We get elected to solve problems and it’s remarkable to me how many of my colleagues just don’t want to … They’ll take the path of least resistance.”

The House primaries will be over in June, at which point there’s nothing stopping Boehner from bringing a bill to the floor except his own fear of being deposed as Speaker. And maybe he’s not as fearful of that as we think.

Note, by the way, that McCain vows he’ll try to have any immigration bill that passes Congress named after Ted Kennedy. That smells like a cheap applause line given that he’s speaking here at Harvard’s Kennedy school of government, but he’s said it before. He means it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet”

McRINO is a (brown) STAIN in the underpants of America.

MicahStone on April 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Shut up john. That is all.

Doc Holliday on April 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM

It’s a stain on the McCain family that this is the guy that went into politics.

oldroy on April 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

McCain: It’s I’m a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet since I’ve been in Congress

FIFY

Bitter Clinger on April 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

get a grip, we did pass amnesty, in 1986, too bad you missed it.

RonK on April 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Just as soon as you open your personal homes and property to illegal invaders/trespassers/moochers/looters, azzwipe …

ShainS on April 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

It’s a stain on America that you’re still in office McCain.

You’re a disgrace to that office and this country that you don’t stand up to real corruption.

Get bent.

Skywise on April 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

McRINO is a (brown) STAIN in the underpants of America.

MicahStone on April 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM

..henceforth to be know as “Senator Skid Marks”

The War Planner on April 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM

He’ll think differently when his house is ransacked by some illegals.

mixplix on April 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM

John McCain: From war hero to Senate clown in one easy step.

Bitter Clinger on April 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Nope. He’s John McCain gosh darn it, and he’s out to throw a temper tantrum because people just aren’t catering to criminals like they ought to! Now get off my lawn and bring me my cane!

Stoic Patriot on April 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Close the borders and get a grip on who’s here and where. Get back to us.

Cindy Munford on April 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Soup of the day: Bundy is a racist and a moocher and a cheat.
Evening Dessert: Let’s pass amnesty.

No one on the left sees the giant object lesson here.

oldroy on April 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

The longer these guys stay in power, the worse they get. Doesn’t matter which party. McCain is only one of the more vivid examples.

trigon on April 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM

McCain is a national embarrassment like Reid, Pelosi and Boehner. As an immigrant I’m against any citizenship for illegals. Legal status, fine, but citizenship is a slap in the face of all those that waited and immigrated legally.

Purple Velvet Pimp on April 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Soup of the day: Bundy is a racist and a moocher and a cheat.
Evening Dessert: Let’s pass amnesty.

No one on the left sees the giant object lesson here.

oldroy on April 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

And the right continues to treat this government as somehow legitimate. I don’t think they’ve learned any lessons either.

gryphon202 on April 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Build the danged fence!

corona79 on April 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

It’s a stain on Arizona’s honor that they keep reelecting this jackwagon.

rbj on April 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

John McCain is a disgrace.

Shame on anyone who advocates passing illegal alien amnesty!

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Blah. Blah. Blah. Look, dumbo, we need to win an election and anointing ten or so million new Democrat voters won’t help.

How’s about we hold off unstaining our honor until we’ve saved the Republic, the Constitution and the Free World? Ok with you, Senator?

This moron is the same nut-job who thought it was a great idea to stop running for president right in the fever pitch of the ending weeks of his Presidential campaign, stunning everyone except for perhaps his psychiatrist. He should really retreat quietly to the dunce chair in the corner and let the rest of us go about the business of trying to win back the country.

MTF on April 24, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Purple Velvet Pimp on April 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Granting legal status is amnesty and would lead to citizenship in two seconds.

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM

okay, I don’t give an Obama about his service anymore, the putz is a traitor to his nation, he needs to be impeached, He is the GOP poster boy for where we find ourselves on this issue.

DanMan on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Tomorrow my wife will become a US citizen. She did it legally and in a little over 3 years. It was not hard to do! I am sick of hearing about all these ILLEGALS here for years and years and the pandering to them that goes on. They are breaking the law and should be treated as such.

TheIbis on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM

They are here, and therefore it is a matter of national honor that we make them citizens. Apply this same logic to the 18 Islamo-Nazi terrorists on 9-11, McLame?

I, for one, am not dishonored by the fact that they are dead, and not citizens. It is sad that you are, you fuc*king nitwit.

Jaibones on April 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM

As mexicos economy improves maybe they’ll be a net out migration

avi natan on April 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Oh screw it. Let’s just grant citizenship to the whole world.
If you oppose me, you are a racist hater.

redshirt on April 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM

There’s plenty of things over which the U.S. has stained its honor, but giving a free ride to those who violate the law everyday is not one of them.

Willys on April 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Let me make this very clear: If the GOP is complicit in amnesty this or any other year it will be the last straw for myself and millions like me. We will leave the GOP forever never to return.

The fact that the so-called GOP “leadership” does not understand this boggles my mind. Perhaps they just don’t care. Perhaps all they care about is serving their corporate masters. I don’t know. All I know is that I will not be a part of it.

The700Level on April 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Terrific piece on Boehner at American Thinker:

Consider: For months, the IRS has done their best to guarantee that they are known as nothing but part of the Democratic Party election machine. Lois Lerner remains such an unsympathetic figure that the last public photo of her might as well have been a set of legs with red slippers sticking out from under a house. Elijah Cummings has been exposed as a corrupt and inarticulate embarrassment, and an email trail is emerging that would make Nixon’s use of the IRS look like child’s play. This one scandal is an incredible teaching opportunity of the inherent evils of the liberal bureaucratic political state. Donald Rumsfeld understands this. Boehner? Not so much. He’s talking about immigration deform.

aquaviva on April 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I’ll tell you what’s a stain on the honor of America, Senator… How the VA hospital in your home State has caused 40 veterans to die because of their incompetent and fraudulent admission practices.

Quit whining about the plight of lawbreaking border runners and fix the things that matter.

RC2 on April 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Its a stain on the people of AZ and on Sarah Palin, that this guy got re-elected in 2010.

Everyone even remotely associated with that is guilty of treason.

rightwingyahooo on April 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Unable to start a military war, he’s moving on to civilian chaos.

He’s just got to win something!

OldEnglish on April 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Poor ol’ John. You’re truly the epitome of the meaning of whacko-bird, you old RHINO, you.

retiredtom on April 24, 2014 at 7:19 PM

John, listen to me, buddy.

They’re not going home, because we refuse to enforce the immigration laws and send them home. If we start doing that, then they WILL go home.

Why do you want to commit political suicide for the Republican Party, and turn this country into Mexico, part II?

JannyMae on April 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM

TheIbis on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Congratulations to her and you.

rbj on April 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Oh screw it. Let’s just grant citizenship to the whole world.
If you oppose me, you are a racist hater.

redshirt on April 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Or at least make it reciprocal. If immigration is good for us why isn’t it good for Mexico? Why isn’t this a two way street?

oldroy on April 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Granting legal status is amnesty and would lead to citizenship in two seconds.

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Absolutely! ANY legalization is a de facto path to citizenship. If politicians will cave on granting criminals a visa they will most definitely relent on citizenship in the future.

Wigglesworth on April 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I voted for this man. I gave money for his campaign. I worked to get him elected.

While I believe that President Obama has been a disaster for this country, I also believe that a McCain presidency would have been a disaster also – only one I helped create.

talking_mouse on April 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Speaking of stains on America’s honor.

Happy Nomad on April 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Good thing we smash those TP candidates or else this awesome boat might get rocked.

Tell me again, which hill is the one we will fight for?

Bishop on April 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM

What’s in it for him?

docflash on April 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Build the danged fence!

Around this senile son of a bitch.

pain train on April 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Wigglesworth on April 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Yep. The rallying cry would simply shift to “quit keeping Latinos in second-class status!”

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Skip to 43:30 for the key bit. …

Ooops…
I skipped too far and missed the entire video…

Oh well..

Electrongod on April 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Juan Camole’

Shaddup you fossil

Key West Reader on April 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I wonder when they’ll make it illegal for American citizens to call this nation “my country”?

If another amnesty is passed, the value of US citizenship effectively become nil.

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Given that the GOP seems inclined to roll over on amnesty, it enrages me that the GOP doesn’t have the phucking guts to carve off large and small groups that must be deported in all cases, no longer when they are discovered.

Criminals: deported.
Identity thieves: deported.
Identity fabricators: deported.
Income-tax-refund fraudsters: deported.
Gang members: deported.
Gang enablers: deported.
If someone has gang tats, but can demonstrate that he or she was not an active member, they can have a choice: deportation or tat-removal by blow torch along the lines of something I saw in an episode of Sons of Anarchy.
Visa overstayers: deported.

If not, I hope the family members of each reps and senator gets the hell terrorized out of them by illegal-immigrant baby seals.

BuckeyeSam on April 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM

What’s in it for him?

docflash on April 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Like all narcissists, he needs to be loved by “the right people” …

ShainS on April 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM

the fact that we hire border patrol agents to stop immigrants from crossing into the US is a stain on America’s honor.
/s

El_Terrible on April 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Says the guy who completely caved last October and gave Obama a clean budget. Go to hell you effing monster. The surrender weasels may love you but the rest of us see you for what you are. I’m beginning to think the people of Ohio are as stupid as they are reputed to be per the folks at Ann Arbor.

Happy Nomad on April 24, 2014 at 7:34 PM

What’s in it for him?

docflash on April 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I don’t know. But I loved that in 2008, liberals carted out physicians who argued that McCain’s five years in the Hanoi Hilton would shorten his life expectancy. Unfortunately for conservatives, McCain’s mom is still charging around, isn’t she? He’s going to be a stick in our eye for years to come.

BuckeyeSam on April 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Skip to 43:30 for the key bit. …

Ooops…
I skipped too far and missed the entire video…

Oh well..

Electrongod on April 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I’m thinking you didn’t miss anything.

Bitter Clinger on April 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Once again, Mary Jo Kopeckne was unavailable for comment. STFU senile old man.

Mini-14 on April 24, 2014 at 7:36 PM

someone please take the microphones away from him. Esh

CoffeeLover on April 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Somebody change his Depends. He stinks!

Rix on April 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

What’s in it for him?

docflash on April 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee after McCain sabotages GOP chances to flip the Senate in 2014 and McCain declares a Democrat and citizen of the world in January 2015.

BuckeyeSam on April 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

So if I understand him correctly…

If a bunch of uninvited people show up to a party at my house, then refuse to leave when I tell them to, the right thing for me to do is to make up a room for them, hand over my wallet, and give them free run of the kitchen?

brian448 on April 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

What’s in it for him?

docflash on April 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

The microphone and love of CBS, NBC, ABC and all the other Sunday shows.

CoffeeLover on April 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

22 US Republican Senators Warn Obama Deportation Review Will Lead to Weakened Enforcement

“According to reports, the changes under consideration would represent a near complete abandonment of basic immigration enforcement and discard the rule of law and the notion that the United States has enforceable borders.”
Sign Up for the Politics Today newsletter!

Among those to sign the letter were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, who is considered a supporter of comprehensive immigration reform.

Too little, too late. Obama is reported to be considering moving in two steps, first extend his amnesty by fiat to the DREAMER’S and then to issue government ID and work permits to illegals currently living in the US who haven’t committed a ‘serious’ crime and don’t ‘represent a threat’.

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

You know, McCain is only saying what everyone else in the GOP establishment wants to say. That’s true for everyone from Jeb Bush to Rick Perry to Rand Paul to Scott Walker to Mike Huckabee. Even Ted Cruz is more on the fence about amnesty than most of his supporters care to know.

The sad truth is that the anti-amnesty position has no major political champions among the GOP. You got Jeff Sessions and that’s about it. The question ought to be, how do we restrictionists change that?

Pincher Martin on April 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM

We passed amnesty 30 years ago

clement on April 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Stupid fvck.

“First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same … Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset … Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia … In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think…The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs.”

- Senator Edward Kennedy (D-MA), U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., 10 February 1965. pp. 1-3

The United States cannot regain its competitive standing in the world by importing low wage workers from other countries. On the one hand, it engenders conditions this country cannot and should not tolerate. On the other hand, in the modern age, a nation’s wealth and prosperity is secured by high worker productivity and capital investment, not by the availability of low-wage labour.’

- Senator Eugene McCarthy (D-MN), the 1968 Democratic Presidential nominee

‘The immigration Act of 1965 changed all previous patterns, and in so doing, probably changed the future of America … [it] was noble, revolutionary – and probably the most thoughtless of many acts of the Great Society.’

- Theodore White, the American political journalist, historian, and novelist, Kennedy family intimate, coiner of the term “Camelot” to describe the Kennedy Administration, and author of America in Search of Itself: The Making of the President

Immigration Reform: If The Past Is Prologue…

The Only Relevant Issue In The Immigration Debate: What Is Good For The Country And Her Citizens?

Resist We Much on April 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

what a mess….and from what we’ve already seen about O’s willingness to skirt anything in his way….they are unwilling to do a dang thing about it. And now that Ocare is in the crapper, he’s looking for his legacy…any way he can get it.

CoffeeLover on April 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM

these guys really enjoy dissing conservatives. Boehner later in that speech said the tea partiers were pretty much ok people…well, except for the anarchists who are against everything. Of course anarchists tend to cluster on the Left…but hey,who’s counting.

then later he bragged how ‘they’ probably don’t know that Federal spending has been Cut…two years in a row.

maybe he just misspoke, or lied, because Fed. spending has gone up. Let’s give him a break (not that he gives anyone else a break) and he meant discretionary spending. Well, yeah, maybe in some areas…like Defense (good job John)…but certainly not to a pre Obama level. Oh, no…that would be anarchistic…right John

my general idea is that we might as well have a third party…which would form ad hoc coalitions. Might leverage the conservative voice. John ain’t doing it

r keller on April 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Politicians like McCain are a stain on America. They are so corrupt that they would sell out the legal citizenry to provide cheap labor for their corporate bosses. Make no mistake about it. The bottom line is what this is all about.

And I don’t give a ***t about his war record. I fought in that war. More than once I was dam* near killed in it. He’s a crooked, venal, traitorous p***k.

bluesdoc70 on April 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM

So if I understand him correctly…

brian448 on April 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

No you racist. You also have to build them a house of their own.

oldroy on April 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Boehner Mocks Colleagues On Immigration Reform

And on Obamacare:”(To) repeal Obamacare … isn’t the answer. The answer is repeal and replace. The challenge is that Obamacare is the law of the land. It is there and it has driven all types of changes in our health care delivery system. You can’t recreate an insurance market over night.

On the TEA party:I’ve gone to hundreds of tea party events over the last four years. The makeup is pretty much the same. You’ve got some disaffected Republicans, disaffected Democrats. You always have a handful of anarchists.They are against everything. Eighty percent of the people at these events, are the most ordinary Americans you’ve ever met. None of whom have ever been involved in politics. We in public service respect the fact that they brought energy to the political process.

On diverting funding being diverted from Public Schools for Federal mandates:”I disagree with the idea that the federal law is mandating the shifting of resources. Every state had to implement No Child Left Behind. So what happened was every state capital in the country … loaded up every implementation bill with every crazy idea they ever had and blamed it on us, of course.

On how the United States can pay back the $17 trillion is borrowed: “The first way to pay it back is quit making the number bigger. Seventeen-and-a-half trillion a year from now is going to be $18 trillion. So the first thing you have to do when you are in trouble is quit digging the hole. Once you quit digging the hole and get to a balanced budget, then it’s a matter of getting the economy going again to start paying it off. You’ve got to control federal spending at the rate of inflation or below and you have to have economic growth that exceeds that. you can in fact over a period of time pay off the debt. Our budget passed right before Easter is a 75-year plan. “

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM

John McCain has become the poster boy for term limits and mandatory retirement age.

myiq2xu on April 24, 2014 at 7:50 PM

In a down and sluggish economy where more than 50% of Americans can’t make enough to live on without government help, legalizing 15 million illegals will only worse the struggle for at least 100 million American citizen and legal immigrants. And this will have a negative fallout all the way up the economic food chain, in one manner or another.

If the integrity of capital can be protected by not allowing for the dumping of substandard foreign products on the market – then labor should be afforded the same consideration.

Cut taxes, cut regulation, cut litigation, cut illegal immigration – and watch prosperity come roaring back

valmessier on April 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Wrong McCain. Ronald Reagan passed amnesty and did it work. No.

generouse on April 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I love how Boehner doesn’t realize the irony of his statement. Once amnesty is passed, Republicans won’t get elected. 11 million undocumented Democrats will balloon to 30 million with family reunification. There won’t be a point in even holding elections.

TaterTot on April 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM

It’s a (slight) stain on your family’s honor that they haven’t packed you off to a nursing home and left a fake forwarding address for the media, McLame.

LawfulGood on April 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Our budget passed right before Easter is a 75-year plan. “

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM

and that’s why we are so much better that the Soviets…they only had 5 year plans…amateurs

r keller on April 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

CoffeeLover on April 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Indeed. It’s very disheartening to see the degree of that degree of cynical self interest in the president.

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM

r keller on April 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Yes… and that from the very man who has assisted Obama in the passage of every one of those trillion dollar plus increases.

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Juanito McCaca, you’re waaaaay past your expiration date. You’re an embarrassment to this nation. Retire already!

conservative hispanic on April 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM

No you effing crap weasel,it’s a stain on America’s honor that the efftwit in the WH and his twunt lackey from SF passed legislation that is destroying one of the formerly greatest health care systems on the planet!
*You can tell what my current cause is.* *glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Allahpundit,

I’ve been a long time reader of yours. I must admit you come off as angry when you write immigration. That’s not usually your modus operandi.

terryannonline on April 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

“These policies have operated as an effective repeal of duly enacted federal immigration laws and exceed the bounds of the Executive Branch’s prosecutorial discretion,” the senators wrote. “It is not the province of the Executive to nullify the laws that the people of the United States, through their elected representatives, have chosen to enact. Congress has not passed laws permitting people to illegally enter the country or to ignore their visa expiration dates, so long as they do not have a felony conviction or other severe offense on their record.”

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), who also signed the letter and has relentlessly debunked the notion that Obama is the so-called “deporter in chief,” told Breitbart News that Obama’s immigration policies also further hollow out the Middle Class that has been found to no longer be the world’s wealthiest and hurt Americans at the bottom of the economic ladder Obama claims he wants to help.

“The Administration’s immigration policies are widening the income gap the White House claims it wishes to narrow,” Sessions told Breitbart News. “American workers have a right to the protections our immigration laws afford, but the Administration has nullified those protections while simultaneously pushing to double the flow of future guest workers into the United States. These policies make it more difficult for the working poor of all backgrounds to rise into the middle class.”

He also said that even though “evidence proves that the Administration has collapsed immigration enforcement,” with the result that “millions of struggling Americans have been deprived of their jobs and incomes,” Congressional Democrats “continue to empower the illegality and stonewall all efforts to stop it.”

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM

The only disagreement I have with the libertarian party is over immigration. Take that away and there’s no reason to vote R anymore.

Spade on April 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

thatsafactjack on April 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM

and this is a lie too…right? Hundreds? Let’s say 300 over 4 years…75 per year..one a week? Unless he means fund raising at chamber meetings where they serve Tea…I would believe that..

r keller on April 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

What a piece of crap Juan McCain is. I would like for him to illegally cross into another country and never come back here!

sadsushi on April 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Allahpundit,
terryannonline on April 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I like the passion. I want to see more of it from Allahpundit.

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

John McCain, the one man in all America who would likely have made an even worse President than Barack Obama. How he hoodwinked the Republicans of Arizona in his last senate campaign I will never know.

VorDaj on April 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I like the passion. I want to see more of it from Allahpundit.

bluegill on April 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

It is ironic that New Yorker cares more about immigration a South Texan like me…..where illegal immigration is an issue.

terryannonline on April 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Simply put, McCain is a Progressive, this is further proof of it.

There is a “Signature of Satan” that appears in practically all statements of substance from Progressives:

Lies,
Hypocrisy/Projection
Insults
Their proposals are against human flourishing and favor impoverishment

They just can’t help it.
The lies are a result of their train set in the basement view of reality. The dangerous combination of ignorance and arrogance keeps them ill informed and confident that the train set that they designed is perfect and the rest of the world must subordinate to their designs. We see these descriptions of their train set as “lies” because we think that they are trying to describe reality. They see their descriptions as truth because their train sets really look just like what they are describing. This is why we get the post modern sentiment “we each have our own truths”.

The Hypocrisy/Projection is part of their control-freak nature. They must manipulate and control others or they will go into a nervous breakdown. They have an extensive toolbox of manipulation tools. They know how to push buttons. They also understand the paradox of our natures. For example, the Progressive does not see lying as a moral fault, rather it is a tool to further his power. On the other hand, the Progressive knows that we have morals and so they will accuse us of lying because they know that we will do anything, even concede power to them so that we are not perceived as liars.

Insults. Very simple. They have zero respect for us. In the continuum of contempt, they have antipathy on one end, and shove us into ovens on the other. Of course they are going to say insulting things about us and talk down to us.

Most important, they are against the Creation Order. When people go against the Creation Order, it is against human flourishing and leads to impoverishment.

In this latest example from McCain, he does all of these things. He lies to us, then insults us by calling us dishonorable since he knows we value honour, and demonstrates his Projection by accusing us of hating foreigners, while he himself is racist and hates American citizens. (Notice how Americans are expected to follow Byzantine laws and every regulation and tax while foreigners can’t be expected to be able to do any of those things, rather they need his divine help in order to succeed).
He is also against human flourishing by erasing borders, promoting lawlessness, and turning neighbor against neighbor while using the police powers of the state to force us to support every one that demands unfettered access to the fruits of our labor
McCain is indeed an evil Progressive.

Reuben Hick on April 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM

McCain is worse than “fundamentally flawed” in the political sense. There has always been something very wrong with his character, which is one of extreme “me-first-and-only” self-entitlement. He was wrongfully admitted to the Naval Academy with bad grades ahead of more qualified applicants because his daddy and granddaddy were admirals. Rules that apply to ordinary people don’t apply to him. He thumbed his nose at Annapolis because he couldn’t be kicked out or flunked out, because he was JOHN MCCAIN, son and grandson of ADMIRALS. He ignored orders and crashed planes, because he couldn’t be disciplined as the son and grandson of admirals. He ditched the wife who stood by him, when he wanted a rich blonde chick young enough to be his daughter, who could finance his political ambition.

He was caught taking bribes to his wife from the Keating 5, so tried to cover his tracks by imposing the McCain-Feingold nonsense on everyone else (laws only apply to everyone else, not to JOHN MCCAIN). He entertained a blonde lobbyist in ways that worried his staff, and improperly pressured the FCC for her in exchange for …., because he is JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!!. He yelled obscenities at other senators who questioned ramming his McCain-Kennedy amnesty through the Senate in the dead of night without debate, and screamed he knew more about it than anyone else – because he is JOHN MCCAIN, a legend in his own mind !!!!!! He has had secret no press allowed meetings to praise Mexico as our dearest friend and closest neighbor, calling enforcement of the laws “Rhetoric”.

As president, McCain, like the man he helped elect. Barack Obama, would have tried to rule by fiat and would make Hugo Chavez look like George Washington. Like the Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts, if any GOP congresscritter disagreed with him “OFF WITH HER HEAD- I’m JOHN MCCAIN, KING OF THE UNIVERSE!!!” There has always been something consistently very wrong with McCain’s character. Through it all, this lying unreliable self-aggrandizing megalomaniac poses as a “straight talker”, and is so sick, he probably believes it himself, because he is JOHN MCCAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!, son and grandson of ADMIRALS.

RasThavas on April 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM

The left: Cliven Bundy deserves all the grief he’s getting because laws are meant to be followed, even if they’re stupid and/or unjust.

The same left: Illegal immigrants should be given amnesty because they only broke stupid/unjust laws.

I believe Basement Dweller would categorize this with a hearty “Derp.” Or maybe…”Scoreboard!”

Good Solid B-Plus on April 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Our Manchurian candidate.

Valiant on April 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

*You can tell what my current cause is.* *glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2014 at 8:03 PM

“Twunt” ? . . . . . recovering from laughter is being difficult…..

listens2glenn on April 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Had John McCain not been the son and grandson of admirals:
* He likely never would have been admitted to the Navel Academy given his high school grades and disposition
* Had he been admitted, he likely would not have made it through to graduation
* He likely would have not been have been admitted to flight school, given his grades and attitude
* He would have been relieved from flight status given his flying record and crashes
* He would newer have ended up at the Hanoi Hilton or been elected to Congress

bw222 on April 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM

terryannonline on April 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM

With 12-20 million illegal aliens, it’s an issue across the United States. Apparently you have not been in New City, Chicago, Boston, Newark or any other major northern city in the past 15 years.

bw222 on April 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Allahpundit,

terryannonline on April 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Is it your usual modus operandi to omit the crucial adjective “illegal” when you write about “immigration”?

ShainS on April 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM

It’s getting sad to think that Meghan is becoming.. “the SMART McCAIN”

originalpechanga on April 24, 2014 at 8:24 PM

talking_mouse on April 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Don’t be so hard on yourself TM, we’re all being taken for a ride from those we entrusted.

31giddyup on April 24, 2014 at 8:24 PM

bw222 on April 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Apparently not. Apparently only in South Texas is there an illegal alien problem.

NWConservative on April 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Who the hell elected the House Republicans to pass amnesty? If Boehner can answer that, then I’ll at least listen to what he has to say on the subject.

Doughboy on April 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I swear to god right now. If Boehner decides to ride that nuke all the way to impact, I will not vote for a freaking republican ever again. I have had it with this stupid dumbass coalition that calls itself a party.

The republican leadership needs to self immolate.

NWConservative on April 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Fu** you, McCain. You are the enemy.

M240H on April 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM