Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 23, 2014 by Allahpundit

Rand Paul came to Chicago yesterday and did something a Republican thinking about running for president typically wouldn’t do: subject himself to a nearly hour-long grilling by the one-time chief political strategist for President Barack Obama.

“You are an intriguing person,” David Axelrod, the former White House senior adviser, now leading the Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago, said at the start of his on-stage conversation with the U.S. senator from Kentucky.

Paul, a favorite of the limited-government Tea Party movement who is considering a bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, used stops in Chicago — Obama’s hometown — as the latest venues in offering himself as a different kind of Republican pushing his party to grow beyond its base.

***

Sen. Rand Paul is taking full advantage of Congress’s recess with a tour of speaking engagements in Real America. But more importantly, he used the time away from Washington to cultivate a decidedly different image: not the libertarian spark plug most people think of when they think of Rand Paul, but an old-fashioned, issues-oriented compassionate conservative.

Speaking at Josephinum Academy, a Catholic girls’ high school in Chicago, Paul talked to parents and students about public-school alternatives and supported the right for religious schools like Josephinum to receive federal money. School vouchers and charter schools have long been conservatives’ workaround to push against the public education system without seeming like they were pricing out low-income students…

Since starting his first term in the Senate, Paul has made a point to travel around the country speaking to urban communities struggling with poverty—not exactly a friendly setting for Republican politicians.

Some have said that promoting school choice and urban revitalization is part of Paul’s grand plan to welcome minority voters into the GOP’s fold.

***

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) shot back at Bob Dole on Tuesday by arguing that a lack of political experience can be seen as positive.

Speaking to reporters in Chicago, Paul said that he was first a physician and then became a senator, despite people advising him to work his way up through the public service ladder as mayor and state legislator.

“I absolutely disagree with that because I think in some ways, when you have people who are career politicians, they’ve been beaten down by the system and are so part of the system that they can’t see all the problems of the system,” Paul said, according to The Chicago Sun-Times.

***

Despite the factual and political accuracy of Paul’s lamentations about Reagan-era fiscal policy, will conservatives reflexively outrage about this? Will it become fodder for the likes of Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum to pledge their undying love for Reagan’s ghost, in contrast to that turncoat Rand?

If any of the above does happen, it will be more of the same from conservatives. Overlooking the party’s 1980s failings is a key component of Reagan idolatry, and, sadly, it would prove they still have no interest in thinking about economics in a truly principled manner…

Yes, Reagan had to contend with a Democratic Congress, but many of the above policies were directly supported and/or proposed by the president. There’s simply no way around it; and Republicans would be better off listening to Rand Paul’s tough words rather than dismiss them as blasphemy.

***

In case you missed it, a minor controversy has erupted over Rand Paul’s recent comments about abortion…

From a pragmatic standpoint, however, Paul seems to be saying two things: 1). That he believes in the Thatcher maxim that first you win the argument, then you win the vote, and 2). That the pro-life cause is best served when it stresses areas where their is consensus (banning late-term abortion, for example) and doesn’t get too far over its skis (talking about rape, or stressing “personhood,” transvaginal ultrasounds, etc.)

The real problem for Paul, in my opinion, is that he’s having an honest discussion about a very sensitive topic. There’s no place for that in politics!

This is what happens when politicians think out loud and actually verbalize the things they are thinking. We often complain about scripted politicians who stick to talking points and sound bites, but there’s a good reason why the most boring, disciplined politicians seem to succeed. Would Paul have been better off by simply parrying the question? Probably.

***

Many other Republicans are nervous about Paul’s rising stock, much more than they were about the presidential bids of his father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas)…

In a general election Paul would have to defend his proposals to raise the Social Security eligibility age and eliminate capital gains taxes. He would also have to fend off questions about his 2010 statement that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was wrong to prohibit businesses from discriminating against customers and his 1990s description of Social Security as a “Ponzi scheme.”

“He’s never had to defend these views. At some point in a debate with the Democrats, he’ll have to defend these views,” said a senior House Republican aide…

“If there’s a nut movement in the country that he hasn’t found, please call me. He’s now getting involved in the sagebrush matter with Mr. Bundy,” said the GOP staffer. “I worry about a lot of things, but my biggest concern isn’t that Barack Obama is going to take me out at Starbucks with a drone.”

***

Kentucky voters are apparently split on whether home-state Sen. Rand Paul should run for president in 2016.

About one-third of Bluegrass State voters, or 31%, say the freshman senator should make a White House bid, while 34% say the Republican shouldn’t seek the presidency, according to a New York Times/Kaiser Family Foundation poll released Wednesday.

Another 32% say they don’t know enough about Paul to say what he should do in 2016.

***

Let’s say the Kentucky legislator makes a strong run — winning some states and coming close in others — but doesn’t win the nomination, a scenario that seems more likely than not. He has something going for him in the veepstakes that other Republican also-rans would not: a constituency that might well defect in large numbers from the party in November.

Assuming Paul loses, the Libertarian Party will have an easier task than usual: It will be able to concentrate its organizing among the people who voted for Paul in the primaries. That could easily amount to enough voters to deny Republicans a victory in the general election. (In other words, the libertarian candidate in this situation would be Ralph Nader in reverse.)…

Because Paul has a distinctive constituency … he still has a pretty good shot of being on the ticket — even if he doesn’t make it to the top spot.

***

What the GOP needs is an honest, stringent account of how it has ended up where it is – a party that has piled on more debt than was once thought imaginable and until recently, has done nothing much to curtail federal spending. Reagan was a great president in many ways, as Paul says explicitly in these clips.

But Reagan introduced something truly poisonous into American conservatism.
It was the notion that you can eat your cake and have it too, that tax cuts pay for themselves and that deficits don’t matter. This isn’t and wasn’t conservatism; it was a loopy utopian denial of math. And the damage it has done to this country’s fiscal standing has been deep and permanent. It is one of modern conservatism’s cardinal sins. And Paul is addressing it forthrightly – just as he is addressing the terrible, devastating consequences of neo-conservatism for America and the world in the 21st Century.

What we desperately need from the right is this kind of accounting. It’s what reformers on the left did in the 1990s – confronting the failures of their past in charting a new future. Taking on Reagan on fiscal matters may be short-term political death, as Corn suspects and maybe hopes, but it is vital if the GOP is to regain some long-term credibility on the core question of government solvency. Compared with the ideological bromides and slogans of so many others, Rand Paul is a tonic. And a courageous one at that.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

RATSO!

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Bish!

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I was that close! Ratsoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Eh.

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Rand Paul week…?

d1carter on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Evening All

LOL Ken :) OC was quick!!

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

not hating on Rand, but I kinda got my recommended daily allowance on the earlier thread.

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Rand Paul week…?

d1carter on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Mostly today.

Will not support him.

nobar on April 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

F*ckn impossible to bish with so many lusers.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Hi CL!

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Yesterday was Earth day. Today is Rand Paul day. Let’s celebrate! is this the 3rd or 4th blog today? Oh who cares. I am sure there will be at least 2 more tomorrow.

coolrepublica on April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Do you have a system? I worked one out a few months ago but have not had time to try it and … see my comment above.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Chin up! One day…..

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM

In one sense, it’s nice to see AP has gotten over his Chris Christie fetish.

On the other, his new Rand Paul fetish is EQUALLY as disturbing.

PolAgnostic on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. If any of you Floridians are on tonight do you know anything about Apalachicola? Is it a good place to go in winter?

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Evening All

LOL Ken :) OC was quick!!

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

…had to make up…for missing yesterday!

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Kinda.

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM

(waving) How was your day?

Originally I was pleased to see Rand go out to talk…now I’m wondering! He’s already said to much that has me going ….rut roh.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I’m with y’all in spirit, but I’m just a li’l bit busy right now… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

How about AxleRod interview Ted Cruz?

Heh, that’s what I thought……

redguy on April 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

don’t have a friend who feels at ease

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM

After Krispy, it was Yeb, and now him ?
Next up, Meghan McCain :O
So where will Rand be this Sunday ?
@ Jeremiah Wright’s ” church ? Dining with Bill Ayers ?
Farming with Loogie Fairy Khan ?

burrata on April 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

:) lol

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Rand Paul week…?

d1carter on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Destroy Rand Paul week… But hey, At this point, what difference does it make?

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM

We finally had decent rain today and are expecting hellacious storms tonight and more rain tomorrow. It is 55 degrees on my porch right now. Ratso was just out for a smoke with me…

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM

What was it….

Two years ago….

Romney was the lead….

Electrongod on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Good day. Rand is a politician. They all are. Even Ted, but he believes in the grass roots more than the rest, IMHO. All will disappoint to some degree, but we aren’t the average voters. But I cannot, will not abide Jeb. Ain’t happening.

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Where’s Rick Perry when you need him?

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

There can be only one. You goofs ain’t it.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

In one sense, it’s nice to see AP has gotten over his Chris Christie fetish.

On the other, his new Rand Paul fetish is EQUALLY as disturbing.

PolAgnostic on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Too funny, yet sad..;)

idesign on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

PSA. #sophiecott, #axecott and Sophie/Kate Upton related #kateuptoncott and #breastcott ‘cotts remain in effect. #activismcott and #hotaircott ‘cotts lifted. That is all.

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I’m happy for you. I remember the great drought of 1988 in PA. It didn’t rain for weeks and weeks. It was hot. All I did was lie around and swelter.

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I’ve got to hand it to Paul. I was pretty skeptical that his “grow the party” plan would ever go anywhere, but lately he’s shown every sign of stitching together a new coalition.

I pray he’s able to keep this ball rolling through 2016. Because ultimately, the only alternative to his new, broader GOP coalition will be 8 years of Hillary Clinton in the White House.

Inkblots on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

As for Aqua Buddha, I’ll wait for him to expound as the time for choosing comes near, but if he so much as utters “amnesty” or “sensible gun control” I will vacate the GOP premises so fast that my shadow won’t be able to keep up.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Kathy’s Song

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I hear ya! I can’t at this point support Jeb if he runs either…

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

He is/was in NYC today doing the TV rounds and trying to interest business into moving down to TX. He also challenged Andrew Cuomo to a debate on which state is friendlier to business.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Where’s Rick Perry when you need him?

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Busting Cuomo’s chops in his own yard.

KCB on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I had to sign us up for my husband’s company’s new insurance. I cried my way through it-and I can’t keep my doctor.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I’m declaring a #retroencabulatedantiaxecott <— Insert confused but evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

There can be only one. You goofs ain’t it.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

…do you have a cat recipe?

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

What happened with your hiatus??? Noticed you were back a few days ago and have been too busy to ask what’s going on.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

…and I warned y’all about Rand Paul.
Tree. Apple.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

We rally need a good soaking of God’s green earth in these parts. The farmers have to be happy…

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Just to be on the record…I’m so happy to see you :)

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

…do you have a cat recipe?

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Yes but you need a propane turkey fryer and a hammer.

I keed I keed. Maybe. Or not.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

#retroencabulatedantiaxecott-cott

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

we need a soak here too.
We have lots of cotton farmer-and live in a desert.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

There can be only one. You goofs ain’t it.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Heh.

You left out the “In the end …” part (probably a good thing). ;-)

ShainS on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Tomorrow is a new open reg day. Gird yer’ loins…

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

#retroencabulatedantiaxecott-cott

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Well, that’s a fine how do you do… Oh, and how do you do…

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I know it’s little consolation ALT but I’m sorry to read that.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

we need a soak here too.
We have lots of cotton farmer-and live in a desert.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I used to live in a desert…
Stupid to try and farm in a desert.

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Yes but you need a propane turkey fryer and a hammer.

I keed I keed. Maybe. Or not.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

You see? :)

Meh, look, I’m just mentioning it because it has propane and a bullet.

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Tomorrow is a new open reg day. Gird yer’ loins…

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

And don’t forget to lion your girds too…

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I’m on Simon and Garfunkel tonight. April Come She Will … in case anyone hadn’t noticed.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I had forgotten….well we should have a fun in the comments section :)

You guys crack me up when I read them.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Went on sabbatical to eat hard boiled eggs and get my mind right.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Rand Paul likes being thought of as a “Maverick” and as a “different” kind of Republican by people who hate conservatives.

bluegill on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

He’s finally emerged from the closet.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Don’t just read darlin’
Wade in and comment…,

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Honestly I think the only issue I am not willing to compromise is abortion. Also, I don’t know if I can trust this guy with national security. I am gonna pass on Rand Paul.

terryannonline on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I’ll be at work most of the day.

Might Y’all flip off the noobs courtesy of me.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

gh on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Went on sabbatical to eat hard boiled eggs and get my mind right.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Well, at least you ate some hard boiled eggs… <— Insert evil smirk…

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I haven’t been to Appalachicola in the winter, COL. But in the panhandle, you still get a change of seasons.

Compared to where you are now, I would say it would be a nice change/break from winter.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

In one sense, it’s nice to see AP has gotten over his Chris Christie fetish.

On the other, his new Rand Paul fetish is EQUALLY as disturbing.

PolAgnostic on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Well, there was also the Jeb Bush fetish for a week or so, and then before that the Ted Cruz fetish and even earlier, the Marco Rubio fetish.

What they all, not coincidentally, have in common is NONE of them will be on the 2016 ticket.

But AP has just been phoning it in since the 2012 election at least, so if it weren’t for the fetish series, he would just be posting more polls.

Adjoran on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

The High Plains are not a desert.

The desert if further south and west, near the border.

Little consolation, but be grateful you still have any insurance.

Evening all.

NativeTexan on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

…and I warned y’all about Rand Paul.
Tree. Apple.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

…the more I listen to him…the more uncomfortable I get…my bride liked him too!

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

So,even if he’s second on the ticket I still won’t vote for him!I am a conservative,he is a liber(al)tarian.

redware on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

.22LR, small critters. Rabbits squirrels and maybe cats.

You laugh.. but ramen noodles get boring.

wolly4321 on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I would pay to see that.

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

lol thanks OC but it is painfully obvious I’m not as funny/clever as most of you guys/girls. I do have my chuckles though on some of the stuff you guys say to the noobs.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Rand Paul week…?

d1carter on April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Two Rand Paul QOTDs for the price of one Kristie Kreme QOTD.

Myron Falwell on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I’m hoping someday to be able to get out of here in winter. My health really suffers from cold.

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

bluegill on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Maybe you haven’t been paying attention for a few years now, but a “different” kind of Republican from Bush, McCain, and Romney is exactly what the nation needs.

Unless you’d prefer getting used to saying “President Clinton” again. Which, come to think of it, McCain more or less said he did.

Inkblots on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

NativeTexan on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

My husband agrees with you.

I need to count my blessings and be grateful for what I have.
Thanks for the reminder.
*no snark.*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I missed the reason for the sabbatical … got the impression it was permanent and was happy to see I was wrong when you returned. There were a lot of pretenders emerging just after you left …

gh on April 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

For Emily … I guess I really prefer Art to Paul.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Amen. The only answer to any gun control suggestion, from here until the end of eternity, is, “No.”

Laura Castellano on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Newtie is that where it is The Panhandle. COL I love the beaches up there.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Long Distance Runaround by Yes

Progrock night? Nah…prolly not.

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

terryannonline on April 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

… so you disagree that we won’t be able to achieve a full abortion ban until we affect a major change in public opinion on the issue? And we shouldn’t do anything to restrict abortion until we can pass a blanket ban all at once?

Paul said we should ban what abortion we can now, and do more as we win the debate. Saving the most lives soonest is the pro-life position. I’d accept nothing less.

Inkblots on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Oh, ALT! I’m so sorry. A bit late, but didn’t you qualify for WMT’s insurance plan? How would that have rated compared to Dear Hubby’s?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Newtie is that where it is The Panhandle. COL I love the beaches up there.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Apparently it isn’t as much of a tourist area.

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

The Crystal Method – Trip Like I Do (Original)

<— AFK. Scream if something breaks.

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Our insurance is through my husband’s state employer. I pray that the State of Texas doesn’t screw us when enrollment comes around. The boy’s meds are $700 without insurance.

NativeTexan on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

The High Plains are not a desert.

The desert if further south and west, near the border.

Little consolation, but be grateful you still have any insurance.

Evening all.

NativeTexan on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

This is a desert, don’t let all the farming fool you.

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

You see? :)

Meh, look, I’m just mentioning it because it has propane and a bullet.

Axe on April 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

…nice!…you got that up fast!…I check the site periodically!

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Went on sabbatical to eat hard boiled eggs and get my mind right.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM

You don’t know how happy I was to be upwind, Dear Bishop… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM

For Emily … I guess I really prefer Art to Paul.

gh on April 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM

he is prettier

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Siberian Khatru

gh on April 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I read Cuomo’s press mouthpiece put out a snarky comment (paraphrasing)…like the debate he had during the primaries when he couldn’t remember…

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

If you can actually see me, the revolver I’m pointing at the mirror is normal, I’m not acting out any scenes from “Taxi Driver”.

Bishop on April 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Rand Paul has contracted “Newt Gingrich Syndrome”, which is a need to expound, and often at length, on nearly every matter on the planet, and it is probably fatal.

VorDaj on April 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM

…the more I listen to him…the more uncomfortable I get…my bride liked him too!

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I pegged him as weasel from the interview he had with Rachel Maddow in 2010. I think he’s a little more sensible than his dad, but also a little less straightforward and honest. I don’t trust either of them.

non-nonpartisan on April 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Here’s the wikipedia entry, COL

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Where’s Rick Perry when you need him?

kcewa on April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I think he’s busy composing more sweet nothings about his amigo, Jeb “It’s Only Love” Bush.

VorDaj on April 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

well don’t say I said it….but stay away from the “touristy” spots :)

They make me crazy but they are our biggest economy producer.

CoffeeLover on April 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Why would you want to keep your doctor? No doubt he/she is someone who can’t fathom or fill out a form containing 56,000 symptoms, diagnoses, and prescribed treatments/drugs. No doubt he/she is older than 30 and has all that bad experience of treating patients in the “old way”, plus not knowing how to play computer games. And, he/she has probably not had the necessary diversity training that is so critical under the new protocols.

Come on, quit your whining and get with the program.

TXUS on April 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Here’s the wikipedia entry, COL

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Funny, I never thought of looking at Wikipedia. Thanks.

crankyoldlady on April 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM