Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president

posted at 6:01 pm on April 23, 2014 by Allahpundit

There’s no escaping this, is there?

Maybe our 2016 forecasting is all wrong. Maybe, instead of trying to figure out who the nominee will be, we should skip ahead to the part where Jeb is the nominee and a disgruntled Rand Paul is forced to decide whether it’s time to go third-party. Normally I’d call that a kamikaze mission destined to hand the White House to Hillary.

But if we end up nominating three different people from the same nuclear family in less than 25 years, maybe a kamikaze action is what’s called for.

The Republican told a crowd of about 200 people at a Catholic Charities fundraiser in New York that he is “thinking about running for president,” according to an attendee.

The response came to one of the first questions posed to Bush at the Union League luncheon. After his answer, the room went wild, and then someone said they hoped he would take the step…

Bush was praised by Kudlow for his focus on immigration reform and urged not to back down.

“Why would I back down from it? It’s the right thing to do…we’ve got to be an inclusive party,” Bush said, according to the attendee.

Doesn’t this guy officially oppose a path to citizenship for illegals? I can’t square that with the “act of love”/right thing to do rhetoric. If illegal immigration is a wonderful demonstration of family values and it’s incumbent upon the GOP to be “inclusive,” why should illegals be relegated to second-class status by being forever barred from citizenship? Or has that previous Jeb idea quietly been disappeared now that he’s maneuvering to be the centrist champion?

He said he’ll decide after the midterms. My sense after reading umpteen articles about his prospective candidacy is that party chieftains badly want him to do it and he’s perfectly willing to comply except that his wife is reluctant. If he ends up declining because of that, it’ll be the second election in a row where a major candidate with a serious chance at the nomination had to pass because he couldn’t get his spouse to pull the trigger.

Meanwhile, YouGov asked a bunch of people how excited they were for a Bush 3.0 candidacy. Result: Not very. Note the Republican and Hispanic numbers, particularly:

jbyg

He’s at 11 percent support among women, the same as he is among Democrats. Remember that the next time some big-name Republican tells you the party desperately needs to improve with that demographic.

Exit question via a Twitter pal: Why wouldn’t Paul go third-party in 2016 if he loses early to Jeb? Remember, Kentucky law bars him from running for president and Senate at the same time, so if he jumps into the presidential race, he’s done with the Senate. That means he won’t have to worry about GOP reprisals going forward for opposing Bush. Frankly, if he can’t beat this guy, he may decide that there’s no future for libertarianism in the Republican Party anyway and therefore nothing to lose by becoming an independent.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Jeb -

I am officially not voting for you – even if you win the nomination and run against Hillary.

bw222 on April 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

This is another trial ballon..I also think you are right Allah..Rand Paul has the “blue bloods” nervous..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

If Jeb is the nominee, then my decision to vote for a third party is made very, very easy.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

In that case, I am officially thinking of not voting for the GOP candidate for POTUS in 2016. I may sit this one out. Haven’t done it in awhile.

Voting for the lesser big government neo-socialist hasn’t made much difference. Maybe its time for a break.

farsighted on April 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I will stay home on election day if its Hillary v BUSH.

TX-96 on April 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Hear, hear.

I voted twice for George W. Bush, and I’ve regretted it ever since his second inaugural speech. I was wise enough to not vote for John McCain in 2008, but I went back to the party with Mitt Romney in 2012.

I want to vote for the GOP as it’s the only possible way for a conservative candidate to be elected, but it appears the party thinks my vote is in the bag if the best they can do is send Jeb Bush to come collect it.

I’m not playing this game anymore.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

And I would never vote for a Democrat. I’d sooner vote Commie than Democrat.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

If the GOP thought conservatives abandoned Romney in 2012 ….

bw222 on April 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I for one hope Jeb runs.

If there’s one name on the November ballot that could possibly have people abandoning the GOP in sufficient droves to make a 3rd party Tea Party candidate viable, Jeb’s our man.

CapnObvious on April 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Whatever.

And f*ck you, mnjagoff.

Midas on April 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I’m from Florida and I moved here right when Lawton Chiles died.

This state THRIVED under Jeb. We loved Jeb. He was an incredibly strong leader, and it’s because of him that this state has stayed red in Tallahassee since (although that includes Charlie Crist….ahem).

He was especially strong in crisis situations when all the hurricanes felt the need to cross paths with Florida during the middle of the last decade.

I of course will question his conservative credentials, but he was an excellent govenor and would be an excellent president. He would be the best of the three Bushes, no doubt.

That being said, I support Ted Cruz for president. : )

RavenRog on April 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM

And I would never vote for a Democrat. I’d sooner vote Commie than Democrat.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I’d consider it, if only to help bury the GOPe even faster than simply walking away from it. They push me farther in that direction every time I hear crap from them about “hellbent for amnesty”, “not this fight, wait for the next one”, anointing some feckless candidate or other, further declaring war on conservatives, etc.

Midas on April 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM

And I would never vote for a Democrat. I’d sooner vote Commie than Democrat.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

There’s a difference?

Bitter Clinger on April 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Jeb was governor of the state during the real estate bubble. How hard can it be to run a state in an economy that is giving you a lot of extra revenue for state coffers?

Anyone can look smart when the economy cooperates. I prefer seeing how a leader deals with adversity, like Scott Walker.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM

There’s a difference?

The Commies are less effective.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Go away, Jeb. Just go away.

HiJack on April 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM

RavenRog on April 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I’ve been open to his candidacy until he decided to go ‘all-in’ on amnesty.

That’s just an existential problem – for both the GOP *and* the country, for a handful of reasons, not the least of which is the rule of law, signing up a new monolithic voter bloc for the Democrats, adding millions of new net-negative contributors to the economy, etc.

I can disagree about a number of things and still agree on enough to get along. That one’s an absolute deal-breaker, imo.

Midas on April 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Midas,

I understand your frustration, but you need to send a clear message. And disaffected conservatives send a clearer message to the GOP when their votes are obviously seen going to some *conservative* third party candidate.

Even just three or four percent for that candidate, who usually would poll less than one percent, would get everyone’s attention about our unhappiness with the party, whereas your vote and your message gets lost in the huge number of Americans who typically cast their vote for the Democratic Party.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I will stay home on election day if its Hillary v BUSH.

TX-96 on April 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM

You and me and a bazillion other conservatives. Let the Donks own the trashing of the nation, it won’t make much difference. Bundy’s banditos showed that the people have been stretched just about as far as they’re going to allow. Bring it on, lying Marxists.

HiJack on April 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Jeb Bush —

No way, no how

I sucked it up and voted for two RINO’S. I’ll cut my arm off before I’ll pull the lever for a third. Amnesty sellout.

Conservchik on April 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

And I would never vote for a Democrat. I’d sooner vote Commie than Democrat.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

To quote an old hag. “What difference does it make?”

Jeb already told you he will govern like LBJ. He’s a Democrat.

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Jeb Bush is not just George W. Bush’s brother. They are identical twins as far as politics is concerned. Their political DNA is exactly the same.

So if you love what George W. Bush did for the country – nation building, NCLB, amnesty, medicare Reform Part D, minority housing program, an Obama administration, etc. – you’re going to be head over heels for his younger brother.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Midas on April 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Just trying to humbly make a point..The “Blue Bloods” are going to have a say in 2016..They have invested too much time and treasure to not..That doesn’t necessarily mean that Jeb is going to run..The urgency here (if there is any) is that certain folks in the GOP are going to be aggressively against Rand Paul..They want to make sure there is what they feel is a strong candidate in the GOP primary that represent their views of what the GOP should represent..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I don’t think he has a natural constituency in the primaries, especially since he is the third Bush….

What does he offer? Take an eraser to the southern border? Common Core?

Has he been anywhere to be seen on Robertobamacare? The lawlessness of this administration? The IRS? NSA spying?

I don’t even think he’s a RINO any more…he’s just a left of center ex-governor going through an identity crisis

I don’t find him energetic, charismatic, particularly articulate…

If he even shows up at the debates, I still don’t think he’ll be the nominee.

EastofEden on April 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President

Some of this rhetoric must be that Jeb’s made a calculation that he doesn’t need the conservative vote to win.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

East of Eden,

I hope you’re right, but the GOP field is very weak and splintered, and so having a name might be enough to win.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

If Bush is the Republican nominee, I sincerely hope that Rand Paul does go third [really second, because there is not difference between Democrat and Institutional Republican] party. I’ve already left the Republicans in disgust, but even if it is the Libertarian Party, I can fit in better there than as a conservative in the Republican Party.

That nomination would finish off the Republicans except for one small detail. WHEN they push through Amnesty and Permanent Open Borders after the primary season is over, there will be no Republican party left.

It needs to die, soon, so that there is a chance for some sort of opposition to the regime to arise.

Subotai Bahadur on April 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Someone heard Bush say something ‘officially’… I didn’t watch the vid, did his lips say ‘Vote for Hillary?’

Willys on April 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

If Jeb is the nominee, I’d almost vote for Hillary. Or Biden. But not Sanders or Warren.

Greek Fire on April 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Subotai Bahadur on April 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. There’s a lot of ruin in a national party.

The Libertarians get what? One percent every four years? Less than that?

Even mortally wounded national parties in unfavorable regions – like California or Massachusetts – do so much better that a comparison is not worth anyone’s time.

You’re much better off seeking reform within a national party than you are waiting for a serious third party challenge.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Floridian here.

Not voting for Jeb. Maybe appoint him to FEMA. He seems to be good at that kind of stuff.

joekenha on April 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Good point..Very good point..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I haven’t the time tonight to read the thread–apologies, good people!

This is directed to ‘Jeb’s people’: there isn’t a chance in Hell that I, as a conservative woman, would ever vote for Jeb Bush.

While he may consider himself a de facto candidate, I consider him a no-way-in-hell candidate.

The reasons are myriad–from ‘immigration reform’ (what our Nation needs in this area is reform in Visa applications/follow-up and border security. It is patently absurd to believe that our universities educate foreign students who wish to extend their visas vs. American students who are looking for work in the tech industry, among others.)

Common Core. Jeb Bush, the epitome of “common-core.” What is it about these ‘elites’ that make them believe any damn thing with “common” is in the best interest of ANY child? It’s simply absurd. I’d venture a guess that Mr. Bush’s (or ANY politician) who pushes Common Core education does NOT have their own children enrolled in any such curriculum–and, I’d be correct in that assumption.

America. The United States of…is NOT about ‘dynasties’ be they kennedies, clintons, or bushes.

America was founded on a Government BY the People and FOR the People. THAT is the ONLY answer to return America to greatness.

jersey taxpayer on April 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Good point..Very good point..:)

I’d still counsel punishing the party at the polls if it doesn’t take seriously your concerns, though.

I just don’t think a legitimate and permanent third party challenge is ever going to be in the cards.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

He is just as bad as his namesake Jeb Huntsman was.

Red Widow on April 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Not right now..But you never know about the future..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

The Clinton/Bush desire for power is insatiable. When will it ever stop? Enough is enough.

mobydutch on April 23, 2014 at 8:54 PM

jersey taxpayer on April 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Great Post, as usual.

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

…Jeb…you’re dead to me…don’t run!

KOOLAID2 on April 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I’m not a young guy, but there’s never been a time in my adult life when a Bush didn’t hold, or was on his way to holding, a major office somewhere – vice president, president, governor of Texas, governor of Florida, etc.

I can remember a time when I didn’t know who Bill Clinton was – even though he was already governor of a pissant state when I was a kid – but I can’t remember a time without a Bush in a prominent office.

This interregnum since Dubya left office in 2009 has been the longest pause so far, and it’s been clear to me since George W. Bush’s second term that Jeb wanted to run for president and was using education to keep his name in the news until he got that chance.

I really would like to see this family go away.

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Jeb and Hillary should run on the same ticket.

What difference does it make.

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Note to Jeb Bush: FORGET IT!

GarandFan on April 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM

The party that nominates a Bush, while the last one is still radioactive, deserves to lose.

Lehosh on April 23, 2014 at 9:18 PM

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Thanks, handsome :)

I hope you’re well.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted–life seems to take over.

But, Bush? Really?

Good, God! That’s like another Clinton!

I’m simply not ‘ready’ for either. God help us all if those become the choice.

post script: I’m actually warming to Bill’s thing on voter i.d. One caveat, however. It shouldn’t be tied to an s.s. card (who in their right mind would want to show their ss #/card to an electoral worker?)–it should be a separate card with a voter number on it–now, right now, issued at birth along with the s.s. card–let’s get the issue of fraud in voting out of the way–for the children, of course!

jersey taxpayer on April 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Jeb, Jeb, Jeb……

You will be killed in the debates……

Don’t waste your time & money….

You don’t have what it takes.

And the Bush name will really cripple your chances….

3rd time is not a charm.

redguy on April 23, 2014 at 9:38 PM

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Thanks, handsome :)

I hope you’re well.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted–life seems to take over.

But, Bush? Really?

Good, God! That’s like another Clinton!

I’m simply not ‘ready’ for either. God help us all if those become the choice.

jersey taxpayer on April 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hiya.

I’m heading your way in June…taking the family to Ocean City
for a week.

I think all of this Bush Clinton talk is total BS, being
promoted by the media….I think the people of this country
have had it with all of them…IMO.

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I have a summer home on Central Ave.

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM

This announcement is totally “anti-climatic.”

listens2glenn on April 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I really like Jeb, but someone has to tell him 2016 is not his year. We had McCain. We had Romney. We’re not going to get a Bush for 2016. After what he said about amnesty, I’d have a hard time voting for him in a primary.

The Republicans have no plan to deal with immigration. Granting amnesty is not dealing with immigration. Until they figure that out, they’re just Democrat lite.

bflat879 on April 23, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Exactly what is it that give Jeb the impression he’s wanted as president?

lel2007 on April 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I have a summer home on Central Ave.

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Wow! We stay every year on Asbury…44th Street, Southern end.

Do you Rent yours out??

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I officially am not even thinking of voting for Jeb Bush.

PA-Cman on April 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President

Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

President Romney thinks that’s a keen strategy.

Bitter Clinger on April 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM

If Jeb Bush won the nomination, it would be proof positive that the Republican Establishment and their dupe voters care more about defeating conservatives and those Tea Party types who embarrass them so much than they do about defeating Democrats.

Oh, and count me in with those who would vote third party if Jeb’s the nominee – because another thing a Jeb nomination proves is that there really isn’t much difference between a Republican and a Democrat.

DRayRaven on April 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I really don’t think he stands a chance. The choices we have are just pathetic.

V7_Sport on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

The choices we have are just pathetic.

V7_Sport on April 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

The field’s been closed and set, I take it. I like Walker, Perry, Jindal…..maybe Rubio for VP. I hate when people can do nothing but say who or what they’re against and not who or what they’re for. I miss Reagan, too, but I gotta live in this country.

Marcus on April 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM

As an ardent right-to-lifer, I can only shake my head in sadness at the notion that there’s no difference between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.

Ronald Wallenfang on April 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Do you Rent yours out??

ToddPA on April 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I’m at 46th and Central but at 47th and Central we do have one we rent out.

I recognized you from C4P. I’m JRD

Jayrae on April 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM

No one cares. Jeb will announce, Morning Joe will talk about it for fifteen minutes, and no one will ever mention it again. So, I’m in favor of a Jeb announcing, just so this silly idea will quit rearing its ugly head once a week.

MTF on April 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM

I am seriously looking at a third party option. R and D are two sides of the same (corrupt) coin and the “you’re just throwing your vote away” rationale doesn’t cut it for me anymore. I will never refuse to vote, because that right was too hard-fought to turn my back on. But I will start voting my conscience, and quit being a pawn in the country club set’s game.

Boudica on April 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I for one hope Jeb runs.
CapnObvious on April 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Not only will he run, but I think Allah is right about us getting the Trinity of Terror

Brock Robamney on April 24, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Boudica on April 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Voting for the lesser of two evils is throwing your vote away as you’re still getting evil

Brock Robamney on April 24, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Too bad, because I think Rand Paul could beat Hillary. I don’t think Jeb Bush can beat Hillary. Remember Ross Perot? Immigration is the least important issue on my list.

lea on April 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hey, Jeb: I’m officially thinking about voting against you.

zoyclem on April 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I also think you are right Allah..Rand Paul has the “blue bloods” nervous..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

And here I just thought it was Hot Air that was nervous. How many “What’s wrong with Rand Paul” articles did we see yesterday?

rhombus on April 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president

M240H announces: I’m officially thinking of sending Jeb Bush a box of how I really feel about him from the neighbor’s yard. They own a Shih Tzu.

M240H on April 24, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Boudica on April 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. I know either a D or a R will win the next election and I want to have a say, at the very least by voting against someone. I’ve voted in 10 presidential elections and I’ve never yet seen people who walk away from parties elect anyone anywhere close to their “principles” – in fact, usually they help the person furthers from their principles. I don’t fully understand how that makes people feel better about themselves but it obviously does.

rhombus on April 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I’m officially thinking of running for president

The exact type of decisive leader we need to lead this once great nation.

Bmore on April 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM

There are those that are Democrats, and those that act like Democrats that call themselves Republicans. When I go to see a Doctor I want to see a Doctor not a Physicians Assistant. Seeing Jeb run for POTUS is like getting a Physicians Assistant. If we are doing to destroy the country we matters well do it right and let the “Professional Destroyers” do it (i.e. the Democrats) and GET IT OVER WITH . . . so we can get back to rebuilding sooner. Electing Jeb would just prolong the inevitable by electing these types of people. So NO, I will not vote for Jeb if that is the choice.

If Republicans are going to put the same old junk like Dole, McCain, Romney and another Bush out there to run . . . They will continue to lose.

Nat George on April 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM

If Jeb is the nominee the GOP might as well save its money because the Paul support will go 3rd party and the Soc Cons will stay home.

katiejane on April 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM

So if you have a choice between two candidates, one who is 90% away from your principles, and one who is 70% away from your principles, you’re still going to vote for a person that is 70% away from your principles, right? In the name of ‘principles’, presumably? I hope that makes *you* feel better about yourself.

rhombus on April 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM

That’s ok.

I don’t fully understand why people would keep voting for a party that continues pissing on your head at every election.

Midas on April 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM

And I would never vote for a Democrat. I’d sooner vote Commie than Democrat.
Pincher Martin on April 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

…and the difference is? A vote for a Demoncrat IS a vote for a commie.

acetylene420 on April 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM

America, We Hardly Knew Ye

TimBuk3 on April 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Do you think fat boy Karl Rove and fat boy Jebby each have half broken heart tattoos on their left thigh? I bet the hearts fit together nicely when Karl and Jeb fit together nicely. I suppose it depends which direction the jagged edge of the heart is facing.

acetylene420 on April 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I’m officially thinking of running for president

The exact type of decisive leader we need to lead this once great nation.

Bmore on April 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM

It’s kind of reminiscent of Obama’s Hamlet speeches. I want to hear more about his inner turmoil. Really, I do. When I listen to a politician speak, the first thing I want to know is, how does he FEEL about things.

Maybe he’ll run, but he’ll be all conflicted about it. After all, The First Emo President has been such a roaring success, why not an encore?

Seriously, why do politicians insist on making these asinine pronouncements about the fact that they’re thinking about thinking about the possibility that they might ponder the concept of running?

RINO in Name Only on April 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Ugggg….

I heard about this on the radio this morning. My initial reaction was “No way! I just won’t vote if Jeb is the nominee!”

Then, after about 20 seconds, I decided that a squishy Republican is still somewhat better than the Hildebeast or any other Democrat that would be their nominee.

I hadn’t considered Rand Paul running third party. I would more than likely vote 3rd party for the first time.

Nineball on April 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM

There is no way I would ever vote for him in the primary but if he ends up as the nominee I will hold my nose and vote for him as we lose yet another Presidential election. If you vote third party you might as well vote for Hillary……

ehscott on April 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM

End the Republic now! The 2016 election should be about who gets to be Caesar.

thuja on April 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I am bushed out, Hoping Scott Walker even Rick Perry run. I am sick and tired of the establishment rhino’s.

Bobbo on April 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM

No to RINOs. No more Bushes or Clintons. PERIOD!

Krupnikas on April 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM

KMN.

Hucklebuck on April 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

@Rhombus…

Yes, it DOES make me feel better about myself, although that’s not why I’m doing it. Voting third party is not voting for Hillary, or voting against Jeb, it is voting for the candidate I choose. If more people vote for her and she wins, then so be it, at least I will have fought for what I believe in. I am tired of the crappy choices that the establishment pushes because they know we will hold our noses and vote for them. I’m not doing it anymore. The only thing that could possibly sway me would be judicial appointments, but I’d have to research that more before making a final decision. Fortunately, there is still time.

Boudica on April 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM

The GOP has worked hard to lose my vote – it will need to work hard to get it back. So far, they don’t seem to care.

higgins1991 on April 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM

If Jeb wins the nomination, I will stay home on Election Day.

Marshal Dillon on April 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Please! No more Bushes and no more Clintons.
Would Mr. Smith please go to Washington?

HIltonHeadGuy on April 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Jeb -

bw222 on April 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Ditto.

The GOP can lose this one without me. Jeb Bush does not represent my interests.

magicbeans on April 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM

If Jeb is foisted upon an unwilling party – a la McLame or Mittens -I am staying home. The RNC establishment is owned by the Chamber of Commerce and does not give a damn about what the base wants. Retards

RJ The Terrible on April 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

test

RJ The Terrible on April 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Welcome to the race Jeb. I doubt you will win the primary, but it is good to have all portions of the coalition represented.

Thanks!

dorshe1 on April 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM

jeb. please. please. go. away.

danielwesley on April 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Please, please, no, Jeb.

sixerfixer1976 on April 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Another Bush for President??? You gotta be sh**ing me!!! As Jesse Jackson once said, “Stay out the Bushes!!”

RonRon on April 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Why is he opposed to acts of love by Europeans?

PBH on April 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Jeb, you don’t want to go there.

Typicalwhitewoman on April 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM

This guy and the establishment must be spending lots of time in Colorado. His chances of winning the GOP primary are worse than Jim Gilmore’s in 2008.

ncconservative on April 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

rhombus on April 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Stick with the party lines if it makes YOU feel better about yourself. Neither party represents you.

zoyclem on April 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

You don’t find it insulting that the corrupt Bush Mafia thinks they own this party?

I could not stand Bush 41 and I am still pissed to high heaven at 43 for bailing out the banks.

Jeb was my governor. I am 100% fed up with anything Bush.

I swear on everything that is holy in me if Jeb is the nominee I’m voting Democrat.

Jayrae on April 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I find it more arrogant and presumptuous than insulting and I’d pass on voting for him if he is the nominee. I vowed never to vote for a dem after that party’s leadership pretty much abandoned South Vietnam by cutting off military aid back in ’74 0or ’75 IIRC evidently preferring communist North Vietnam to be the eventual victors. The dems have admired and been infatuated with communism so long and loves it so much its adopted just about all the platform planks of CPUSA. Besides the Dems hardly need my vote and I am not about to give it to them willingly.

hawkeye54 on April 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM

ncconservative on April 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I certainly hope that is the case, cause if it does end up between him and Hillary, we can look forward to President Pantsuit.

hawkeye54 on April 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM