Video: Two GOP reps announce support for legalizing illegals

posted at 4:01 pm on April 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

No surprise in either case. They’re both from the blue state of Illinois (albeit from reliably Republican districts) and have broken with conservatives before. Kinzinger opposed the “defund” effort last fall as a futile exercise and scrapped with Ted Cruz over Syria. Schock, a member of Kevin McCarthy’s team, once told a town-hall crowd that he expected Eric Cantor’s version of the DREAM Act would pass with bipartisan support. The significance of the clips isn’t that they were thought to hold different positions but that they’re willing to put these video pitches online, for easy circulation to the media, not long after Boehner told a group of donors that he was “hellbent” on passing some sort of amnesty this year. Makes me wonder if Republican leaders are starting to nudge their allies in the caucus to speak up for the cause, hoping that having young stars like Schock and Kinzinger out in front might make other pro-amnesty backbenchers find their courage and back Boehner too.

The statements from Illinois GOP Reps. Aaron Schock and Adam Kinzinger come in twin video testimonials that will be aired during an event this afternoon in Chicago with former House Speaker Dennis Hastert – a rally meant to push fellow Republicans toward an immigration overhaul. The videos were provided to POLITICO in advance of Tuesday’s event, hosted by the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition…

Schock, who has expressed support for a pathway to citizenship before, made the economic case for reforming the immigration system, arguing that various industries throughout Illinois – such as agriculture – face serious hurdles in trying to hire immigrant workers legally.

And though Kinzinger doesn’t explicitly endorse a shot at citizenship for those in the United States illegally, he called for a way to find a legal status for them.

Coincidentally, more than two weeks after Jeb Bush’s “act of love” comments and the ensuing uproar, Gang of Eight member Jeff Flake decided yesterday would be a fine time to issue a statement of support:

Truth is, I agree with Jeb, and I applaud him for having the guts to say it. Growing up here in Arizona, I’ve seen what motivates those who come here illegally. Sure, some come with the intent to do harm or simply to take advantage of our generosity. But many come to find work to feed their families. To lump everyone who crosses the border illegally into the same class is unfair and unproductive.

Recognizing motivations does not change the fact that we need a secure border. We need to give employers the tools to determine who is here illegally and who is not. We need more robust temporary worker programs that account for our labor needs. We need to reform our legal immigration program to better reflect our economic needs going forward, and we need a mechanism to deal with those who are already here illegally in a rational manner.

I hold no brief for Jeb Bush, but having such a prominent Republican speak so humanely and unapologetically about the motivations behind many of those who have come to reside in this country is good for all of us.

Jeb himself reportedly endorsed a “tough but fair path to legalized status” at an education summit yesterday in Flake’s home state of Arizona, which may or may not have been the catalyst for Flake’s statement. Maybe this is as simple as random Republican amnesty fans speaking up independently at the same time, but given the grief Boehner got for his “hellbent” comment last week, I wonder if the word went out that comprehensive reform is in trouble unless he starts getting some back-up, pronto. Here’s a start.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

FIFY.

Horatia on April 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM

congrats Boehner, you got the two gay guys from Illinois.

IR-MN on April 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM

“It’s complicated.”

vlad martel on April 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM

The won`t vote for youy. But hey, people will think you`re a nice guy. :)

ThePrez on April 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM

When in the course of human events… Now why does that keep coming to mind?

Wisdom_of_Homer on April 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I hope Jeb keeps talkin’ because the more he talks, the more people don’t want to listen to a thing the man has to say.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Again I say – anyone who continues to support the GOP in any way is a fool.

If we want a leftist nation, then let’s have a leftist nation. don’t pretend you are doing anything worthwhile for your nation by voting for, volunteering for, or donating to any GOP candidate – you aren’t. You are supporting leftism in all its forms. The GOP is leftists.

Fuck the GOP. I hope they get devastated in the mid-terms.

Monkeytoe on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Why must they be brought out of the shadows? They chose the shadows in the first place.

stvnscott on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

GOP Reps. Aaron Schock

Just a hunch, but the dems are blackmailing him.

portlandon on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Yes, I want to get my illegal alien marching orders from this guy.

pain train on April 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Et tu Brute?

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Just a hunch, but the dems are blackmailing him.

portlandon on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

If so, he’s an idiot and needs to come out already. He’s not representing Mississippi, it’s not a big deal in Illinois anymore.

LukeinNE on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

If they are to be brought out of the shadows, I understand most arrest processing rooms are rather well lit…

EvilMonk on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Brilliant move, GOP. Let’s have a civil war over immigration which no one considers a priority in a midterm election you should clean up in.

Doughboy on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

stvnscott on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Truth being told, many of them do not want and have no intentions of coming out of the shadows.

They get the best of both worlds now as it is…plenty of our “rights” (in the form of education, welfare, housing, etc.) without the responsibilities.

Wonder what happens if they put this law into place and illegal immigrants refuse? What’s the government going to do…arrest them and deport them? Yeah, like that’s going to happen.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM

So I guess the deadline to enter a primary race against these two has just been passed?

slickwillie2001 on April 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM

This amnesty foolishness is going to be the issue that keeps the GOP from delivering a crushing defeat to the Democrats in Nov. They are going to cause just enough conservatives to stay home to give the Democrats a fighting chance.

WHY IS THE GOP HELLBENT ON DOING THIS NOW??? I really don’t understand this suicide run they’re on.

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

These two stooges need to get primaried.

Hey, we have millions of unemployed. I know, lets add millions more who are no legit and will work for less! Thanks GOP. For reminding me why I stopped donating to you or voting for your candidates automatically. Well done boys.

Minnfidel on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

What laws should I be allow to disregard because they ‘help’ my family, and because I love my family?

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I didn’t leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Statements like these make my head EXPLODE:

“… many come to find work to feed their families.”

There are MILLIONS of American citizens who have given up looking for work to “feed their families” in this country because there are no jobs to be found for them. Our labor participation rates are at record lows.

But these legislators don’t think that their job search is an “act of love.” They don’t think these Americans are looking for work to “feed their families.” And, if they do, they certainly don’t think that their hard work and taxes are worth much, since they want to make them compete with people who are not even Americans for jobs, and when they find them, they want them to pay more taxes to support those who are not even Americans.

I see these people–each and every one of them–and I wonder what their price is; JUST EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY THEY’VE BEEN PROMISED BY THE US CHAMBER of COMMERCE for their re-election coffers. That’s it. That’s ALL I THINK OF WHEN I SEE THEM DO THIS.

mountainaires on April 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Jeb himself reportedly endorsed a “tough but fair path to legalized status”

That will never happen. Whatever ‘path’ they work into the law will be disregarded. Plan on it.

Idiots.

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Big business approaches each rep and says “Plato o plomo”. The spineless and corrupt choose the silver.

Wigglesworth on April 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM

stvnscott on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

They are hardly ‘in the shadows’. They are marching down our Main Streets with enormous Mexican flags and supporting the La Raza loonbats.

slickwillie2001 on April 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Why do they hate all the unemployed african-americans losing jobs to illegals, has to be racism.

the_nile on April 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Oops meant “Plata o plomo”

Wigglesworth on April 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM

If that’s true, what’s wrong with work visas? Oh that’s right: they can’t vote.

Fenris on April 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Doughboy on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Why thank you. I got the idea from some hobo outside the bar after closing time. – John Boehner /

Wisdom_of_Homer on April 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Now I get it. They’re seeking to replace the Statue of Liberty in NY Harbor with a statue of Che Guevara on Alcatraz Island, with an updated inscription effectively saying, “Send us your Tired, Wretched Drug Dealers and Militant Homosexuals, your Professional Disabled and Rent Seekers, Terrorists, Femi-Nazis and Warrior Enviro-Fascists longing to be set loose…”

vnvet on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Moist illegals who came here to work don’t want citizenship. They just want to work and then go home someday.

It’s the Democrats who want to legalize them for the votes.

The GOP is just doing the bidding of greedy businesses who want cheap labor. They don’t care a bit about the citizenship aspect.

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

The ruling class needs cheap labor.

the_nile on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

It’s increasingly clear the Republican party has been captured by a small group of rich radicals (no, open borders is not a “moderate” policy). We need to get them out of office, whether through not voting for them, stopping donations, abandoning the party, or protests – something.

Doomberg on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“We must bring these undocumented workers out of the shadows.”

It is very sunny in Mexico.
Real easy to come out of the shadows down there.

Rasputin1919 on April 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM

FIFY.

Horatia on April 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Thread winner, first post.

And just another example of how the GOP is dead, and we are effectively under one party rule.

KMC1 on April 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I’ll bet your family could use some of that tax money you pay for things they have a “right” to, such as internet access.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Doughboy on April 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM

You are right – this is way way down on the priority list of issues

jake-the-goose on April 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Moist illegals

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I know it’s a typo, but still. hehe

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Not paying taxes is an “act of love”…

the_nile on April 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Well, they are all correct in what they are saying. Most of the people who come here contrary to our immigration laws aren’t coming here to suck off the systme. They are coming here to work and earn a living.

So what?

Are we going to write immigration laws now that say, “All those who want to immigrate with good intentions, come on in!”? Of course not.

And if we make legal all those who came here contrary to law, is that going to “clean up” our issues with those living in the shadows? Obviously not. Just look at how well that worked under Reagan.

It’s like saying, “Let’s clean up the polution in the lake below the dam!” and someone points out, “But wait, the dam is still leaking.” and the answer is, let’s clean up the polution anyway and we’ll fix the dam later? Who really believes that’s the wise choice?

If we give legal status to 10 million people tomorrow, there will be 20 million more without status the week after.

You can’t clean up a mess until you’ve fixed the problem making the mess to begin with.

Baggi on April 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Unless the class is People Who Do Things That Are Illegal, then it’s absolutely fair and tremendously productive.

Ronnie on April 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

hoping that having young FALLING stars like Schock and Kinzinger out in front OF THE FIRING SQUAD

FIFY

Does anyone else really wonder what is the point of voting for the GOP when it produces such… shall we say, traitorous representatives? And why shouldn’t we go all Darwin on them, weed out the Stupid from the Stupid Party because it’s just producing more and more people that really want you to let it all burn.

Jeb has proven to be the lesser brother and all these representatives just make want me to vote third party. I prefer to see the knife coming and honestly, I hate dieting so I’ll pass on anything Democrat-Lite.

Ukiah on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

If you have a youtube account you should leave a message in the comments section of the video. Perhaps vote it down if you are inclined.

V7_Sport on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Not paying taxes is an “act of love”…

the_nile on April 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

That’s what the elites don’t get. They are teaching people that laws don’t matter. It’s your personal morality that’s important. It’s a very dangerous lesson to learn.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Useful idiots.

diogenes on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Charlemagne on April 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

All true. I personally know a few immigrants from Mexico who, because of the lousy status of rule of law in their homeland, are absolutely adamant that rule of law should stand in this country. They’ve gone to great lengths to come through the legal route.

But others…pffft, they couldn’t care less. They grab up all the work they can find, especially under the table, and send the money home. That’s all they want. They don’t want to become Americans.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I think that these two pieces of milquetoast should join them in the shadows so we never have to hear from them again.

crosshugger on April 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM

These aren’t RINOs they are Dems who ran as RINOs. With Repubs like these doing the Dems dirty work who needs Dems?

neyney on April 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Y’know – Susan Atkins, who was convicted in the Manson Family murder spree, said of the vicious killings: “You have to have a lot of love to do this for people”.

whatcat on April 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM

That’s what the elites don’t get. They are teaching people that laws don’t matter. .

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

^^^This^^^

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Yet another reason we can’t have anything nice anymore.

rbj on April 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Next thing you know, those Italians, Irish, all the rest will be deemed legal…and you what those Irish dogs, and greasy Italians did to our country.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Baggi on April 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

You think they don’t know this? That’s the whole point. The next one will be even easier, and then after that we’ll be a defacto open borders nation with a huge entitlement system.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM

fk their acts of love.

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM

C’mon have some sympathy for illegal undocumented misunderstood workers! Life in the shadows is really bad. For example:

KS Rex on April 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM

whatcat on April 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Gee…good reasoned analogy…

A Manson murderer and someone who “jaywalked”…all the same.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM

They are not “undocumented” anymore than the guy who steals the stereo from Best Buy is the “undocumented” owner, for pete’s sake. They are ILLEGAL!

Now if you want to waive some magic wand, or just say, “we’re giving them a pass on this one,” fine. Do it. Just stop with the bs “undocumented” crap. And don’t expect my support when you do.

USNCVN on April 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Stick a fork in any RINO who votes for amnesty

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Do any of these folks have any idea what this means?
“I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God” (5 U.S.C. §3331).

RickinNH on April 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM

“undocumented workers”…

Don’t ever trust anybody who uses such weaselly terms. Words mean things, and this term makes no sense. First of all, not all illegal immigrants are “workers” by any stretch. Secondly, if the problem was just that they were “undocumented”, then all we’d have to do is get them some documentation and there is no problem! So this phrase is Orwellian on both counts, and totally inaccurate.

“Illegal immigrant” is actually descriptive and accurate considering what we are talking about. If they were not illegal, there would be no conversation.

I would not vote for people who use intentionally inaccurate terms in order to confuse low information voters about important political issues. It is dishonest, and should be beneath a public servant to engage in such behavior. We have enough weasels in Washington. Vote this guy out.

daviddunn on April 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I would like to see some indie artist follow Jeb and these lawbreaker Republicans around with slogans like “… is an Act of Love” Maybe “Stealing is an Act of Love,” “Tax Evasion is an Act of Love,” “Adultery is an Act of Love,” etc It’s a ridiculous slogan but then so is calling people who enter here illegal doing it out of love.

Ukiah on April 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Makes me wonder if Republican leaders the GOPe Donor Class are starting to nudge their allies in the caucus to speak up for the cause,

“Mendacity
… I detect a strong smell of mendacity in the air.”

Big Daddy – “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”

PolAgnostic on April 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Gee…good reasoned analogy…

A Manson murderer and someone who “jaywalked”…all the same.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM

“Jaywalking”? LOLWAT?

At any rate, what it means is a person can excuse any wrong as an “act of love”. Ask Jeb.

whatcat on April 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Flake should be an easy primary target in 2018. Bye Bye.

cdog0613 on April 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

How can anybody accuse these illegals of being in the shadows when a while back they were parading in the streets of Washington DC demanding their rights. It seems that the rights of the American citizens are not the concern of the self serving, blind, and deaf elected and appointed politicians in our government.

savage24 on April 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM

The primaries in Illinois were back in March. They are both the Republican nominees.

topdawg on April 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Illegal immigrants came here knowing what status they would live in.

So, why does anyone think we “Have” to solve that for them?

that they remain here despite “living in the shadows” is evidence that they believe themselves to be better off here in the shadows than wherever they came from.

I don’t doubt a lot of people come to the U.S. for very understandable reasons – they want a better life for themselves and their families.

Just because I understand their reasons and sympathize, doesn’t mean it is in the U.S.’s interest to provide legal status to 10 million+ low-skilled, uneducated people when U.S. unemployment is around 7%.

there is simply no benefit to the U.S. to providing this amnesty. Which is why all of the “arguments” in favor of amnesty are naked appeals to sympathy and emotion rather than arguments about what is best for the U.S.

Monkeytoe on April 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Only the intention counts, not the total disaster it produces. The rule of feelings.

whatcat on April 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ah, lefties always want to cry “racist”. This is more about economics – try to keep up.

But I will say, this is a different country than the time when the big immigration push was from Irish and Italians. At that time the country didn’t provide healthcare, food, & housing and education subsidies out of the pockets of the existing residents.

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

1. They came here legally.
2. We didn’t have a robust welfare state.

Wigglesworth on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

As soon as I opened the front page and saw the post headline and his picture, my immediate reaction was: “yeah, f*ck him”. Such a shame about Manzullo.

voss63 on April 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Illegal immigrants came here knowing what status they would live in.

So, why does anyone think we “Have” to solve that for them?

Yes, they made that choice – for themselves and their families.

Choices tend to have both upsides and downsides. Why do I have to underwrite their ‘downside’?

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Homo – RINOs.

nobama1267 on April 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM

For a sane alternative to these two “GOP GUYS”, read this:

Pat Gray: Don’t Applaud Illegal Immigrants, Hold Them Responsible for Breaking the Law

Lourdes on April 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

He’s also not telling you that the door was slammed shut after the 1920 bombing of Wall Street and wasn’t opened up again until 1965. Why was that door shut? The elite class decided that maybe the chaotic politics of Europe weren’t worth the cheap labor. The most prosperous time in the history of the U.S. followed.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

don’t try and use facts and context to explain why unfettered immigration today isn’t the same as unfettered immigration in 1900 – that just confuses people and shows you are racist.

You see, people immigrated here in the past, which means we have no right to stop anyone from immigrating here now or in the future.

that is logic!!

Monkeytoe on April 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I repeat my frequently expressed opinion from the past:

Jeb Bush needs to relocate to Mexico and run for President *there*.

Lourdes on April 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM

that just confuses people and shows you are racist.

I’m white. I thought the racist thing was understood.

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Heh. Well said.

Lourdes on April 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Amnesty is a slap in the face for those who did it legally.

ImmigrantsWife on April 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

coming out of the shadows

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM

There’s probably a joke to be made about “coming out of the shadows” and “coming out of the closet” in this case, but I’ll leave it to someone else to come up with it.

steebo77 on April 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

As the son of two legal immigrants, all I can say is DO NOT DO THIS, GOP!!!!! Immigrants who did it by the book resent any talk of amnesty for these criminals greatly.

NavyMustang on April 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Again I say – anyone who continues to support the GOP in any way is a fool.

Fuck the GOP. I hope they get devastated in the mid-terms.

Monkeytoe on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Ditto that.

KickandSwimMom on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Do these two azzhats think illegals are hiding in the shadows like some criminal under a warrant? They’re having a fiesta in the park, swilling cervezas and cranking the mariachi full blast. I personally like most illegals. Good folks. But please don’t act like they’re scared. They’re laughing at you as they buy their carne asada on their EBT.

Ted Torgerson on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

1. They came here legally.
2. We didn’t have a robust welfare state.

Wigglesworth on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

2, I agree with…1, so I guess all of the Irish and Italians came here legally?

Many other instances of illegal entry.

During the Revolutionary war…huge numbers of “illegals” fought for our independence. Many of the Irish young boys were taken, stolen, from the streets of Ireland and forced into the war…hundreds fled the English and fought for the American’s.

After, the Irish were the “Mexican’s” of their day.

Our history is full of “illegals” who came here for a better life, this is just another chapter.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Rpublicans opposed to amnesty should stay home in November.As Hillary is fond of saying,”at this point what difference does it make”?

redware on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

The TEA Party has its work cut out for it in IL.

Another Drew on April 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM

There is a response. Send a campaign contribution to anyone who opposes these two in the House, and anyone else who comes out of the Amnesty and Permanent Open Borders closet in the House, including to the Democrat in the General Election. If we have an election, and if it is honest, there is no way in hell we are going to lose the House. If we don’t have elections, or the margin of fraud is so big that we can’t win anyway, it does no harm. If we have an election, and the RINO’s who support amnesty lose big time, it will be an object lesson to the rest of the Institutional Republicans.

These two ambulatory fugitives from a Trojan Vibrations commercial are from Illinois. Illinois is never going to be anything but a Democrat cesspool. Those “Republicans” who manage to be elected from there, are never going to support Conservatives anyway. These two are expendable. Let’s expend them.

Subotai Bahadur on April 22, 2014 at 5:01 PM

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

If there wasn’t a law regulating it, it wasn’t “illegal” to come.

Another Drew on April 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

“We must work hard to come to an agreement on how to bring undocumented workers out of the shadows…”

They are not “undocumented workers”, they are invaders wanted by those who want to suppress the wages of working class Americans as much as they can, and someone would have to be literally blind to actually think they are in “the shadows” you lying stupid ass.

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 5:03 PM

redware on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

It doesn’t matter at this point. They will get their amnesty, and they will legislate gun control…etc…etc.. The political dominoes will fall after they get these votes.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 5:03 PM

It’s no coincidence the 2nd amnesty is taking place about 25-30 after the first, all the cheap labor the politicians imported for their cronies back then is now too old to work, so they need fresh blood. We’ll have another amnesty in another 25 years or so, repeat ad infinitum.

clearbluesky on April 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Again I say – anyone who continues to support the GOP in any way is a fool.

Fuck the GOP. I hope they get devastated in the mid-terms.

Monkeytoe on April 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Ditto that.

KickandSwimMom on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Second that ditto.

clearbluesky on April 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

LilyBart on April 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM

So it’s not that they are “illegal”, it’s that they take from the government…I agree, that is an issue that should be resolved, as is locking down the border.

You guys don’t get it…this is a ploy, the proverbial shiny object, and you are all falling for it.

The object, the first and only object that should be discussed initially is….securing the border.

After that is done, than we talk about the other things…but focus, focus, focus, secure and lock down the border.

That is an absolute, backed by the constitution…one of the few powers enumerated for the feds.

All this other talk is divert you from forcing the politicians to do the real work, closing/locking down/securing the border.

Once that is done, the next step will be much easier and better defined, in fact it may not be as big of issue as it is now.

Focus…focus…don’t play into their shell game.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

They’re not “undocumented workers”, you flukers. They are illegal aliens and modern day slaves, made so by Mexico and the other toilets of the world.

The USA is not the new toilet for the world.

All who are for amnesty, go to Hell, into the 10th layer. The 9th is simply too cold for you.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

They don’t pay attention to that kind of thing anymore.

DFCtomm on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

No land in the world, except the USA, doesn’t defend its borders and sovereignty.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

If the Rs pass amnesty, they can go directly into oblivion.

I’ll overtly lobby against them.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

…but focus, focus, focus, secure and lock down the border.

right2bright on April 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

How do we do that?

kcewa on April 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

The amnesty and gay lobby is covered, with Schock.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM