Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

It has been at least 20 years since Republicans have argued this angrily about foreign policy. Voters don’t much care about this debate, though, and probably won’t until events overseas turn more menacing. In the meantime, Republicans vying for the 2016 presidential nomination are pushing the party toward one of two extremes on the issue — neither of which will do the party or the country much good…

Paul portrays himself as a “realist” as well as a Reaganite: someone who asks hard questions before putting American credibility, money and troops on the line. It’s an attractive self-presentation, because policy makers should ask those questions: Are our interests at stake abroad? Is there any feasible way to promote them? Would the effort have an acceptable cost?

You can be skeptical about foreign interventions — from Iran to Syria to Ukraine — without having a conspiratorial mindset about them. Paul sometimes makes it a package deal, as in his repeated suggestions that former Vice President Dick Cheney pushed the Iraq war because of his ties to Halliburton Co. — a ridiculous charge that even Cheney’s bitter Democratic opponents have had too much sense to make.

And you can set a high bar for taking action against an aggressive and illiberal foreign regime without making excuses for it. Paul doesn’t always observe that distinction.

***

The knives are out for conservatives who dare question unlimited involvement in foreign wars.

Foreign policy, the interventionist critics claim, has no place for nuance or realism. You are either for us or against us. No middle ground is acceptable. The Wilsonian ideologues must have democracy worldwide now and damn all obstacles to that utopia. I say sharpen your knives, because the battle once begun will not end easily…

With regard to the Iraq War, [William F.] Buckley came to believe not only that it was a mistake but that it was not a “conservative” approach to foreign policy. In fact, in discussing foreign policy Buckley sounded quite the realist…

Reagan himself was sometimes castigated for not intervening around the world enough. According to Peter Beinart, Norman Podhoretz, one of the founding neoconservatives, wrote that “in the use of military power, Mr. Reagan was much more restrained” than his more hawkish fans had hoped.

So as today’s young aspiring Buckleyites sharpen their knives to carve up conservatives who propose a more realist and nuanced approach to foreign policy, they should realize they’re also pointing daggers at some of their own.

***

None of Paul’s critics at NRO have said anything like what Paul claims about nuance or realism, or called for unlimited involvement in foreign wars. And criticism of Paul — and his excuse-making for the Russian and Syrian regimes – does not amount to criticism of realism. Nor does William F. Buckley Jr.’s retrospective opposition to the Iraq war amount to Senator Paul’s view that Halliburton’s influence over Dick Cheney had something to do with its start.

I’m glad Senator Paul is there to push back against, for example, the ill-considered proposal to strike at Syria last year. But he’d be a more effective advocate for realism if he showed an ability to make obvious distinctions.

***

Again and again, he characterizes his opponents as flat-out warmongers, such as those “within the Christian community [who] are such great defenders of the promised land and the chosen people that they think war is always the answer, maybe even preemptive war.” Choices are always binary in his world — one must either follow his way of diplomacy or, as in his Heritage speech, take the position that “war is the only option.” In a recent speech at the Center for the National Interest, he built the same militaristic straw man. Those who favor bigger defense forces and more robust postures, he said, have the attitude that “diplomacy is distrusted and war is, if not the first choice, the preferred option.”

The worst warmongers in Paul World are always the nefarious “neocons,” sometimes directly associated with Israel, who are blamed for such a wide assortment of ills and bad motives that an uninformed listener might think they are more dangerous to world peace than the Soviets ever were.

***

How many times has Obama accused his critics of wanting to force “false choices” between two absurd, all-or-nothing extremes, when virtually nobody has seriously suggested that those are the only choices? This is exactly what Paul is doing. So when Rich Lowry asserts that “Paul’s belief that the Iraq War may have been about padding a corporate bottom line echoes charges of ‘war profiteering’ that have been a staple of the Left,” Paul rather nastily (and wrongly) writes that “today’s young aspiring Buckleyites sharpen their knives to carve up conservatives who propose a more realist and nuanced approach to foreign policy.” But is it more “nuanced” and “realist” to accuse Dick Cheney of choosing to send thousands to their deaths because of his search for lucre, or is it instead more realist to question such a vicious conspiracy theory?…

Rand Paul is more intelligent than this. He must know he is vastly misrepresenting his critics and vastly oversimplifying complex foreign-policy questions. If he continues to do so, his statements will no longer be able to be considered rhetorical sloppiness, but instead will justly be labeled demagoguery.

***

The Tarrance Group recently conducted a survey on behalf of Concerned Veterans for America that was released on April 18. It just so happens that “nearly three-quarters of veterans and members of the military (73%) agree with former member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen’s statement that our nation’s debt is ‘the greatest threat to our National Security.’”

That is to say: Admiral Mike Mullen and 73 percent of veterans, Guard/Reserve, and active-duty military surveyed share Rand Paul’s “naïve and otherworldly” claim…

Judging by this survey, Rand Paul is simply echoing the concerns of a former Joint Chief, and the vast majority of military men and women surveyed by a noted veterans advocacy organization. That’s not bad company to keep.

***

The default position of the GOP is still toward strength, and the party will instinctively recoil from the distorted view of America implicit in some of Paul’s more impolitic statements.

If we launched the Iraq War for corporate profits, we have a poisonously corrupt government that is a threat to world peace. If we caused Japan to react angrily with ill-considered sanctions prior to Pearl Harbor, as Paul said in 2012, perhaps we were reaping what we sowed in what is usually regarded as one of the most notorious sneak attacks of all time. If we are guilty of tweaking Russia while it secures a traditional sphere of influence, as Paul said when the Crimea crisis first broke out, it’s no wonder that Vladimir Putin lashes out…

Paul likes to calls his foreign policy “realism,” but his record on Russia suggests the label is inapt. Last year, he thought what was wrong with President Barack Obama’s Syria policy was that we weren’t engaging the Russians enough. Earlier this year, he held out the Syria chemical-weapons deal — a humiliation for the United States that secured Bashar Assad in power — as a model for future diplomacy. He thought the Russians were a partner for peace, right on the cusp of their launching a war.

You don’t have to be a war profiteer to consider this dewy-eyed foolishness. Barack Obama’s can’t-we-all-get-along naiveté didn’t hurt him in his primary fight in 2008, but he was running in the other party. Rand Paul is running in a party that, while chastened on foreign policy, still has a hawkish reflex — and not because it is beholden to Halliburton.

***

Paul says he’s a “non-interventionist,” and by saying so tries to wrap himself in the image of Ronald Reagan. Let’s be clear: every conservative is a non-interventionist. But, like Ronald Reagan we believe that some acts of aggression are so severe they cannot be tolerated, and that some adversaries cannot be deterred, so they must be defeated at the time and place most advantageous to us…

Paul claims his policy is “nuanced,” and that such sophistication in strategy is what we have lacked before his deft-handed approach came along. But Paul is stumbling along a path we’ve trod before. He’s probably unaware of it, but the political world is round and when you go far enough to the right, you end up on the left. Rand Paul’s foreign policy would have the same effect as Obama’s because they are different only in names and labels.

Not even the Republicans are dumb enough to nominate Rand Paul, but a Paul candidacy — like the last one — will have only negative effects. The media will try to damage the whole field of candidates by associating them with Paul’s civil rights horrors. And Paul will serve as the media’s foil on foreign policy. Reagan mastered “strategic ambiguity” because he knew that it meant keeping the adversary off-balance. To Rand Paul, strategic ambiguity means confusing our allies and our military, keeping them off-balance while trying to understand when he means to be are serious and when he does not. He’s just a chip off the old blockhead.

***

Mr. Paul’s conclusion: “9/11 became an excuse for a war they already wanted in Iraq.”

Cui bono—to whose benefit? It’s the signature question of every conspiracy theorist with an unhinged mind. C heney. Halliburton. Big Oil. The military-industrial complex. Neocons. 9/11. Soldiers electrocuted in the shower. It all makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?

If Mr. Paul wants to accuse the former vice president of engineering a war in Iraq so he could shovel some profits over to his past employer, he should come out and say so explicitly. Ideally at the next Heritage Action powwow. Let’s not mince words. This man wants to be the Republican nominee for president.

And so he should be. Because maybe what the GOP needs is another humbling landslide defeat. When moderation on a subject like immigration is ideologically disqualifying, but bark-at-the-moon lunacy about Halliburton is not, then the party has worse problems than merely its choice of nominee.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

PaperGirl on April 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM

In monosyllabic terms, almost any handle that contained “frank” and “lib”–with the exception of HonestLib. HL’s a keeper!

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hey gf, I am not that old LOL

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Do you have asthma like Alt?

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM

No, nerve damage.

Wonder what the guy is gonna do with that much shark?

Stuff it? Eat it? Make load of belts and boots?

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM

LOL- I dunno..I don’t care for shark myself…I’m sure he will stuff it.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Thinking of better days

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

And yes…where is Omaha?

PaperGirl on April 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Temporary #sophiecott #axecott #hotaircott #activismcott lifted.

All the men in my line paternal and maternal never see 60.

I’m doomed.

wolly4321 on April 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM

You aren’t the men who came before you. You’re not doomed.

#sophiecott #axecott #hotaircott #activismcott

Axe on April 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM

LOL….I missed that

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM

All the men in my line paternal and maternal never see 60.

I’m doomed.

wolly4321 on April 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM

The men in my family don’t make it very far either. If they make it past 35 they die at 60. My brother is doing better but medical science is better now. My father was 60 and my other brother was 35. My father’s father was 35. His father was 60. My mother’s grandfather was 60. It’s weird.

crankyoldlady on April 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Article says they are gonna eat it.

KCB on April 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM

From what I gather, ALT, the catchers of this fine specimen believed that the poor shark was too tuckered to make it back out into deeper waters, so they took pity on it and reeled it in.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I heard on the news the guy with the shark had a party and fed the whole town or something.

crankyoldlady on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Runnin’ With The Devil

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

LOL- I dunno..I don’t care for shark myself…I’m sure he will stuff it.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Shark steak is awesome done up right.

Wonder if he’s married, cuz I’m thinking the wife ain’t gonna like an 11 foot shark hanging in her living room.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Article says they are gonna eat it.

KCB on April 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM

And stuff it.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Agh…ban hammer strikes again… I don’t think I could have possibly ruffled that many feathers this week lol! And frank was kinda cray-cray

PaperGirl on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

wolly4321 on April 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I’m older than either my Mama or Grandma lived to be.

Not saying that I’m old, mind you ;)

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Well poop. I hope it’s not too debilitating.

I should have known better. When they tried to fix my migraines, I took heart meds, epilepsy drugs, anti-depressants…you name it they tried it. Seems that the other “effects” of some drugs side effects were supposed to help me.

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I know…just be careful of the pole, OK?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Don Williams, Tulsa Time

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Why is the US doing anything for that African trash heap Egypt?

Murphy9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM

They overthrew the Muslim Brotherhood (Obama’s and McCain’s buddies) and are arresting them and putting them on trial and may soon execute a bunch of them.

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Frank got banned?

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM

There is such a thing as migraine pills. My doctor gave me some samples years ago. It was called zomig. It worked by shrinking the blood vessels.

crankyoldlady on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, Greg Kinnear was great. So was that little boy. It’s refreshing to see such a pro-Christian film distributed so widely. The director, Randall Wallace, wrote Braveheart and directed Seabiscuit.

John the Libertarian on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

LOL…I have an 10ft Marlin hanging in my kitchen.
Hopefully he has a man cave.

I fish with my dad here in Fl and the Bahamas.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM

roflmao

The mind’s eye picture of me and the pole…..omg!!

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM

All the men in my line paternal and maternal never see 60.

I’m doomed.

wolly4321 on April 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM

My father’s father died at 48. My father made it to almost 97.

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Ok, so why is this regime sending Apaches? Seems like they(the Obama Regime) would act in the opposite way.

Murphy9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

PaperGirl on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I don’t know about the ban hammer, but the SCOTUS thread started to get interesting about halfway through Page 2…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I consider those who fish for sharks to be evil.
when I ‘go’-hopefully MANY years from now-I’m getting my ashes scattered at sea so I can be forever with my sharks.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

The new James Morrison

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

crankyoldlady on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Thanks COL. They ended up giving me bounce-back migraines. I went cold turkey and deal with it now the hard way.

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

My dad died at 59. Only one of my grandparents made it 80+

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Murphy9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Could be to keep in the ‘game’ with the Russians, so that the Egyptians don’t turn exclusively to the Russians.

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM

[Passing CL sham-wows and Windex...you're on your own regarding the Listerine (if applicable)... ;-) ]

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM

John the Libertarian on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Yeah, Kinnear did a great job. And the little boy was adorable.

Yes it is. The theater was packed…applause afterword.
I think its #3 now at the BO.

I teared up a few times.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I only took them once in awhile and only when I was working. I don’t have them since I stopped. I wouldn’t want to take anything long term.

crankyoldlady on April 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Ice Cream Man

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

My dad died at 59. Only one of my grandparents made it 80+

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM

As my mother, who made it to 88 used to say, “Don’t worry about it. In a hundred years, it won’t make any difference”.

VorDaj on April 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

B9 is evillllllll. (;

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I teared up a few times.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I confess, so did I. Especially when he talks about his sister he met. Brutal.

John the Libertarian on April 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I honestly don’t know, CL. He’s a piece of work, though…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM

It’s been years since I’ve been able to go, but I used to surf fish down on Matagorda Island off the Texas gulf coast. Only hooked red fish and the occasional black drum, though.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I’m The One

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:41 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I aim to be evil someday. Although being at the top of the food chain isn’t necessarily evil, mind you.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Oh I didn’t stay that long. I’ll go see now. BRB

PaperGirl on April 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Culture Club – Do You Really Want to Hurt Me…just to mess with y’all… :o

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I’m getting my ashes scattered at sea so I can be forever with my sharks.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

The sharks say they would be glad to have you now.

ALT, also known as the Lubbock Minnow…

Doc Holliday on April 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Talk to Oscar…he’s got the laughter down pat!

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM

In 2009, we saw the Chicago cast @ the LaSalle Street Theatre. We loved it.
Needless to say- I WILL being seeing this!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM

It is an expensive hobby..hopefully you can take a trip soon.

I’ve been so lucky to have my dad take me…I enjoy it so much.
I’m also spoiled…I eat like a queen. :)
Now I’m a snob..lol

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I have no intention or desire to be evil…. Though I do aim to misbehave.

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Doc Holliday on April 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Lubbock has a…scuba club.
We’re in the desert.
Scuba Club.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Tine for the Neocons to tell us how much their defense industry lobbyists need REPUB values..and more hating on folks like Rand Paul is coming from these embedded political special interests. $$$

celt on April 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I have no intention or desire to be evil…. Though I do aim to misbehave.

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Murphy9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

lol….My 1st off shore catch years ago was a large shark.
We made kabobs. :)

We usually let’em go now, since we aren’t into shark.

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM

The thrill of tyranny.

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Lubbock has a…scuba club.
We’re in the desert.
Scuba Club.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

LOL…

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Juice Newton – Queen Of Hearts

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Directed by Eastwood and the music is awesome….:) Thanks Alt.

CoffeeLover on April 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I’m sorry, but I do believe a boycott was instated on all songs by Juice Newton and Amy Grant. Consider this a first warning.

John the Libertarian on April 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I have no intention or desire to be evil…. Though I do aim to misbehave.

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Always on U Day, I presume?

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I plan on retiring to a coast somewhere and fishing my life away.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I plan on retiring to a coast somewhere and fishing my life away.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Sounds like a good plan! =)

bazil9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:53 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Lots of deep reservoirs in the Panhandle.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Fields of Gold

I sooo want to get tickets to this concert when they come back to the states.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Shark tastes somewhat like snail darter with a slight spotted owl aftertaste.

It pairs well with Nevada turtle soup….

viking01 on April 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM

John the Libertarian on April 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Juice Newton – Angel Of The Morning

Consider this my boycott busting post.

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Shark tastes somewhat like snail darter with a slight spotted owl aftertaste.

It pairs well with Nevada turtle soup….

viking01 on April 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Needs a delta smelt starter.

Murphy9 on April 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I’d rather have a Cruz QOTD.

jazzuscounty on April 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM

What difference does it make?

QotD is an open thread, except for the ones who don’t know.

Evening “domestic racist terrorists”.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Where there’s a way, divers will dive… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Lubbock has a…scuba club.
We’re in the desert.
Scuba Club.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Miami, Fl used to have the largest snow skiing club in the US. So take that.

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Lots of deep reservoirs in the Panhandle.

NativeTexan on April 22, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Not right now they’re not. We need a LOT more rain.
Our playa lakes are now more like playa puddles.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I was beginning to wonder where you were, Schade.

No answers necessary ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Consider this my boycott busting post.

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM

You may consider yourself a patriot, but you’re nothing but a domestic terrorist.

John the Libertarian on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Jamaica had an Olympic bobsled team

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Dave’s not here man…

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

And playas gotta, well, you know…playa.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Dive in TX

bazil9 on April 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I was beginning to wonder where you were, Schade.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I was here :)

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM

oscarwilde on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Good evening..:)

PS..Any hall monitors?..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Still does lol!

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

We’re all Texans and Breitbart is alive.

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Not yet, but that’s not to mean they aren’t out there…lurking…waiting to spring themselves on the unsuspecting…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM

SRV – The Things That I Used To Do

lineholder on April 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It’s time for a “chill groove“..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 12:05 AM

RickB on April 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM

You’re the Leader of the Pack… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Abbott is going to effing rock it as gov!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Good evening..:)

PS..Keep your shields on the ready..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM

It might rain here tomm. *crosses fingers*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM