It’s come to this: Kay Hagan falsely accuses Republican opponent of … supporting ObamaCare

posted at 4:41 pm on April 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

This really is the logical endpoint of the last five years in the lives of America’s red-state Democrats. Remember: Hagan herself voted for ObamaCare, and since the law passed with 60 votes exactly, her vote can legitimately be described as decisive. She’s been running away from it — literally — ever since, and took care to be far away when Obama visited North Carolina in January. The albatross around her neck is choking her political life away. What can she do to save herself?

She can do this — try to convince voters that Republicans support ObamaCare too.

Andrew Stiles did the work on this so I’ll make you read his post for the full context of Thom Tillis’s “It’s a great idea” quote about O-Care. As for the ad, it works at two levels: The point is to accuse Tillis of hypocrisy in attacking her over something he allegedly “praised,” but the first time I listened to it I thought she was attacking him simply for calling O-Care “a great idea” in the first place. And no doubt that’s how many listeners will take it — and Team Hagan knows it, and is just fine with it. Essentially, she’s trying to maneuver Tillis around into being the pro-ObamaCare candidate so that she can posture as a quasi-anti one. Democrats promised us that O-Care would turn the world upside down, and so it has.

Comments

Who am I to complain if Hagan wants to help Brannon by trashing Tillis? Win Win.

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

a great idea doesn’t always mean a great product

Jag909 on April 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM

This reminds me of all the bigots I know who voted for an anti-SSM president in 2008.

Kataklysmic on April 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM

So her argument is that yeah I really voted for Obamacare but my opponent maybe kinda could have possibly voted for it too? If the voters fall for this then God help us.

neyney on April 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM

That’s the best she can do? A four-word, super-tightly-cropped sound bite? If I were to hear that kind of clip from *any* candidate, R or D, I’d immediately dismiss it as “obviously taken out of context.”

Mohonri on April 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Meh, if democrats didnt lie, they would never get elected

oscarwilde on April 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

neyney on April 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM

If your worried about whether or not we’ve crossed the rubicon on voter stupidity I have some bad news for you…

Kataklysmic on April 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Projection has always been one of the Dems’ best skills – right up there with lying and hypocrisy.

dentarthurdent on April 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM

She is running as fast as Forrest Gump, anywhere but her record. She’s toast.

FL Steamer on April 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM

She just needs to use three names.

Galtian on April 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Republicans need to pull out all their recorded speeches by Hagan, and cut and paste together something ridiculous and throw it back at her.

Do it with a mocking tone, and start mentioning her desperation in every ad.

Adjoran on April 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

She just needs to use three names.

Galtian on April 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

She’s got a good start – just throw a Bailey in the middle and she’s all set…

dentarthurdent on April 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Democrats wrecked the best health care system on the planet and will pay for it for generations.

Lonetown on April 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Democrats wrecked the best health care system on the planet and we’ll pay for it for generations.

Lonetown on April 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

FIFY.

dentarthurdent on April 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Dingbat.

Ward Cleaver on April 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Lonetown on April 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

A typo?

Democrats wrecked the best health care system on the planet and will we’ll pay for it for generations.

BobMbx on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Deceiving scumhag

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I saw Sarah Good with the Devil! I saw Goody Osburn with the Devil! I saw Bridget Bishop with the Devil! I Saw Tom Tillis hug ObamaCare!!

portlandon on April 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM

LYING LIKE AN OBOZO: “Kay Hagan falsely accuses Republican opponent of … supporting ObamaCare”

TeaPartyNation on April 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Sink all the way to the bottom of your cesspool of lies and deceit with the albatross of Obamacare hanging around your neck, Hagan. What goes around comes around.

Bob Davis on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

BobMbx on April 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Ahhh – great minds and all….

dentarthurdent on April 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Well trying to revise history is more original than “don’t nix it, fix it.”

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I would disagree with Tillis for saying it was so great idea. It was not.

Techster64 on April 22, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I would disagree with Tillis for saying it was so great idea. It was not.

Techster64 on April 22, 2014 at 5:03 PM

He was probably just following Mitt Romney, the leader of the Republican Party’s view on ObamaCare. It’s a good idea, but implemented completely wrong.

portlandon on April 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Obama uses similar tactics. She’s just stealing a page from his playbook.

Red Creek on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hagan and the Democrats are emulating what they did in Missouri with Akin.

A gaffe machine like Brannon will lose this seat by 20 points and be an albatross around Republicans nationally (either alone or with the other nutjobs like McDaniel in Mississippi and Miller in Alaska).

If you think this ridiculously dishonest ad can hurt Thom Tillis, imagine what Hagan and the Democrats can do with material like this:
GOP Senate Candidate Endorses a 9/11 Truther’s Questions: “Things Like This Have to Be Asked”

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

The “I’m rubber, you’re glue” approach doesn’t get used much by adults for a reason.

Flange on April 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Listening to that clip, the question could have been “Do you like syrup with your pancakes?” All it is is someone saying “It’s a great idea”. Let’s hear, I don’t know, maybe 30 second of each end of that quote.

This smacks of pure desperation.

dirtseller on April 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM

My God ,My God ,Why do democrats exist?

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I live in North Carolina and I can tell you everyone in North Carolina knows what Hagen. She drank the Obama kool aid and she is going to go down with it.

logicman_1998 on April 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Per the earlier SCOTUS thread, and the invaluable wisdom of everdiso, I hope she is executed swiftly extreme prejudice for her crimes of lying.

NotCoach on April 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I hope she goes to Hell, the scumhag.

As goes NC so goes the nation in 2014.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Goebbels loves the scumhag from NC.

She lies better than Carney.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Shhhhh…. They think you’re stupid.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Kataklysmic on April 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Foo Stants – Keep Obama in Preznit

If you do NOT pay income or property taxes you should NOT be able to vote.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hilarious.

The moral, intelligent, serious republicans – the party who claims facts, truth, logic are all on the side of their policies – are suing for the right to lie unconditionally.

And you, their minions, will defend them in their pursuit.

So hilariously twisted.

everintelligent on April 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Exactly how I feel. She’s running two ads one after the other on the local talk radio station in Western NC; the obamacare one and one about how he spent taxpayer money on his staffers who were forced out of office due to scandal. (Tillis is a scum). I thought when I first heard them they were Brannon ads and was surprised they were Hagan ads since there still is a primary coming up. And then I thought how perfect… they are almost like pro-Brannon ads. I don’t know if Tillis is polling that well, but this is good news for Brannon because these ads are running very frequently, sometimes twice in a row….maybe she wants Tillis to lose thinking she will have a better chance against one of the others.

Puma for Life on April 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM

My God ,My God ,Why do democrats exist?

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM

From The Dem Party

Think About It

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Kataklysmic

Which should be delivered by that “Captain Obvious” guy ….

BD57 on April 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM

everintelligent on April 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Schad… Errrr.. Is that for real or did you do that?

/Nice to see you BTW hope all is well my friend

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM

logicman_1998 on April 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Yeah? That’s what they were saying in MO about Claire McCaskill. Until an idiot GOP candidate made a stupid comment about abortion. Unhatched chickens, my friend.

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM

The Left leaning WRAL panned the ad a few days ago, noting that it seemed co-ordinated with lefty PAC ad, and said it was a bunch of mule fritters.

William Teach on April 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Harry will say,from the senate floor, he heard from a friend that Tillis is pro-Obamacare.

docflash on April 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Lying liar lies or Democrat opens mouth.

Just wait until Obama-democrat Care has had until November when refusals of doctor services, deductibles become very wallet visible, and employer cancellation notices are sent out.

Democrat should definitely run on how they have fixed the economy, lowered the deficit, and made health care affordable. Oh and how Obama has done on foreign policy, which is in my opinion just freakin wonderful.

jukin3 on April 22, 2014 at 5:38 PM

My God ,My God ,Why do democrats exist?

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM

So we can have examples of worthlessness!!!

logicman_1998 on April 22, 2014 at 5:38 PM

If you do NOT pay income or property taxes you should NOT be able to vote.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Would you include young people still living at home with that blanket statement?

My formula is a bit more nuanced. If you are a net contributor to society (and otherwise eligible) you can vote. High school or college students living at home and working toward their futures can vote. Somebody signed up on a whole series of welfare benefits for more than a reasonable amount of time (two years?) No

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

DinaRehn on April 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I absolutely detest lying politicians (guess that means most of them).

sadatoni on April 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM

logicman_1998 on April 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Well I cannot say what they do in MO…However I have been a conservative since Goldwater in 1964 and I can only say how I will vote..and it will not be for this witch!!!

logicman_1998 on April 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM

The comment is for real. Click on the link.

I modified the nom :)

Always good to see you. Cheers.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM

What Tillis actually said:

It’s a great idea that can’t be paid for.

What Kay Hagan quotes him saying:

It’s a great idea

You see, when you’re a Democrat running from Obamacare, you’ve got to slice those quotes just right.

But I have faith that Politifact would give that statement a full one and a quarter pinocchios.

There Goes the Neighborhood on April 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I do agree. Perhaps a formula whereby if you have been living off of my taxpaying teet for more than 4 years with no desire to find or contribute to society? No vote.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hagan and the Democrats are emulating what they did in Missouri with Akin.

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

And those on the national socialist left won’t be able to do that with any other candidate?

Isn’t that Mother .. jones putting that editorial spin on the issue?
Do you think they are going to be ‘objective’ in the matter?

Is that the best they’ve been able to muster so far?

DinaRehn on April 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM

R’s should run lots of ads against the dems with dingy harry in them. seal the deal with that old shrew.

gracie on April 22, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Lots of voters in NC still suffering gag reflex responses from where St. Kay the Benevolent conspired to shove Obamacare down our collective throats.

I sooo want this woman to be voted out this November. NC deserves better.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM

If you do NOT pay income or property taxes you should NOT be able to vote.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM

disabled vets in a no property tax state (for dav) thank you for that….

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Isn’t that Mother .. jones putting that editorial spin on the issue?
Do you think they are going to be ‘objective’ in the matter?

Is that the best they’ve been able to muster so far?

DinaRehn on April 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM

No, not as effectively as they can do with loose canons like Brannon, Akin and the like.

You can read the transcript (or listen to Brannon’s words) yourself. Why do you need to ask about MotherJones spin? Can’t you ignore whatever they say and form your own opinion based solely on Brannons’ words=?

I have no idea what you mean by “they being ‘objective’ in the matter”.

I know that nominating Foot in Mouth Award winners nutjobs like Brannon would cost the Republicans the Senate in November. Yet again.

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM

It’s also come to this: Republican Renee Ellmers falsely misrepresents

her own position on amnesty.

The ad running for Ellmers in NC was no better. She talks like a Democrat on the issue and then lies about it like a Democrat.

We’re getting bombarded with BS from both sides here.

lynncgb on April 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM

disabled vets in a no property tax state (for dav) thank you for that….

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM

It was a broad brush statement, not meant for Veterans. My husband was a Veteran and he passed on 2/6/14. My father was a Vet. My great grandfather was a vet. My mother is a vet. My grandmother is a vet. My cousins are veterans, too.

I thought you knew me better than that DM.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I’m on the ground in NC. I can tell you this…after the legacy of political corruption that Dems have heaped on this state in the last 6 years or so, coupled Hagan’s sanctimonious attitude about Obamacare and full-throated support of the Obama admin lies on keeping doctor, health insurance plan, etc…..she’s toast in NC. Just more of the same of a corrupt legacy in the eyes of voters.

This is just desperation on her part. Nothing more. Nothing less.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM

As you should, dummy.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I did , thats why I went easy :)
I just dislike seeing statements like that popping up all over the place because within seconds there are stated exemptions.
better option is legal adult, legal resident of the state (college does not count), show id and vote once.

people vote themselves freebies based off the tax code and welfare laws funded by the tax codes, thats what needs to be changed.

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Why don’t the same rules apply to the luminaries of the national socialist left?

DinaRehn on April 22, 2014 at 6:03 PM

lynncgb on April 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Go, Frank Roche!

Ellmers has been a huge disappointment.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 6:03 PM

disabled vets in a no property tax state (for dav) thank you for that….

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Their income is taxed.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 6:04 PM

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Agreed. Flat tax might be the answer.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Go, Frank Roche!

Ellmers has been a huge disappointment.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Hi, neighbor.
I was in that area for the week-end and was able to spread the word about Ellmers. Hopefully I cost her some votes. :-D

lynncgb on April 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Their income is taxed.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2014 at 6:04 PM

not if only living on the VA check, service connected disabled vets tax free

dmacleo on April 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM

lynncgb on April 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Good for you! I keep meaning to ask hawkdriver how things are going. That’s his district. Early voting for the primaries starts on the 24th.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Her commercial makes it obvious that his quote was abruptly truncated. Whoever runs against Hagan needs to play her commercial and then play the full quote. This will make it obvious that she’s a liar.

blink on April 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I think the Nancy Pelosi “We’ve got to pass the bill… to find out. What is in it…” should be played in perpetual loopage – like a stool sample from Democratic Headquarter Hell.

/ploop. You loss yo health care? Ploop. So sorry.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 6:21 PM

The first debate Tuesday, sponsored by The News & Observer, Charlotte Observer and Time Warner Cable News, will reach a statewide audience and comes two days before early voting begins. The second debate follows Wednesday, hosted by WRAL-TV in Raleigh, and a final UNC-TV debate is set for Monday.

The focus for all three events, political observers say, is House Speaker Thom Tillis, the candidate backed by the Republican establishment, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Republican strategist Karl Rove.

Tillis leads his seven rivals in fundraising and in the polls, but he can’t seem to get the 40 percent needed to avoid a July 15 runoff. The debates also come the week after Democrats hit Tillis with attack ads detailing a sex scandal in his legislative office involving two top staffers who had extramarital affairs with lobbyists and the nearly $20,000 severance payments he authorized.

Registration to attend Tuesday night’s U.S. Senate debate at Davidson College is closed.

Time Warner Cable News North Carolina will air the debate live on Channels 14 and 200 at 7 p.m. It will also be streamed on http://www.newsobserver.com.

ITguy on April 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hard to believe.

A DC politician that lies.

This skank would sell her mom for a dollar or a vote.

acyl72 on April 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM

ITguy on April 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Thanks for the info!

Someone tell me how it goes. I have a videoconference to attend.

lineholder on April 22, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Well she does have a point

Brock Robamney on April 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Well, based on Boehner’s ability to do anything about it, that might be true. However, I doubt any Republican now running for office, will be supporting it. Hopefully, Republicans now running for office, understand we need some new leadership in the House and Senate and will vote accordingly when they get there.

bflat879 on April 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM

That’s troubling. Brannon really won’t confirm or deny that he’s a 911 Truther.

And then there’s this:

. . . in October, Brannon spoke at a rally cosponsored by the League of the South, a secessionist group seeking “a free and independent Southern republic.”

I was leaning towards supporting Brannon, but I’m not so sure now.

TarheelBen on April 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM

DinaRehn on April 22, 2014 at 6:03 PM

What rules are you talking about?

I’m not interested in how the left pick their candidates.

What I’m worried about is low-info Republican primary voters picking bad candidates based on empty soundbytes that will cost not only the race they’re in but other races around the country due to the MSM willingness to apply the “GOP Lawkmaker Principle” to benefit Democrats.

Brannon is a gaffe-prone nutty who will re-elect Hagan if he wins the primary and will force Republicans in other races and states to address his positions and gaffes. That’s why Hagan and the Democrats have been attacking Tillis heavily.

joana on April 22, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Well, Sen. Hagan, you could always pressure Harry Reid to take up one of the House passed bills to get rid of the thing, you know? And then vote to repeal the law.

You know if you are going to criticize someone else about thinking its great and you don’t think so, you actually do a have a job that allows you to do something about it. If you but knew how to do your job you could SHOW EVERYONE how much you think the law needs to go.

ajacksonian on April 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Tillis’ state legislature has the democrats here so pissed off it’s hilarious. At times I was even afraid they might be swinging too far back to the right too fast. But apparently voters in North Carolina…

mike_NC9 on April 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Sure they didn’t back in 2009, but they do now. Her opponent will probably be a bought and paid for RINO.

Wigglesworth on April 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Tillis is a Karl Rove Republican. I agree that Hagan’s ad is deceitful. But, Ocare is a lousy idea. The govt takeover of healthcare is ridiculous. In true RINO fashion, Tillis has no problem with the concept of universal state controlled healthcare, he just questions the economics.

His worldview will cause him to be McCain or worse. There is no real heartfelt desire for a smaller central govt. I’ll support Brannon, Harris, or Grant over him.

kpguru on April 22, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Hang ObamaCare around her neck like boat anchor.

GarandFan on April 22, 2014 at 7:24 PM

How old is Kay Hagan? I only asked because in 2006 she implicitly mocked Elizabeth Dole’s age in one of her ads.

SouthernGent on April 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Shhhhh…. They think you’re stupid.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Actually they know voters are stupid – they re-elected odumbass, didn’t they?

earlgrey on April 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Who am I to complain if Hagan wants to help Brannon by trashing

Tillis? Win Win.

nobar on April 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Puma for Life on April 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM

You do understand Dems want Brannon? Don’t you? He will lose by 15 points. If Tillis doesn’t win, Hagan wins easily.

Redford on April 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM

joana on April 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Know what? At this point, I’ll take a tea party 9/11 truther over a Karl Rove establishment lifelong politician.

I’m from NC and I support Dr. Brannon. Tillis is Elmers in a pantsuit.

(Sorry, TarheelBen, my friend!)

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Redford on April 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM

You brainwashed by Rove? My dog can beat Hagan. As long as he is a registered Republican.

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM

My first comment! I am a NC resident in District 2. I am a little wary of Tillis, but Brannon is untested and I’m more scared of him. He was convicted of misleading investors in a company he co-founded, and I fear his whole campaign would be spent trying to convince everyone that the jury was tainted. Good luck with that. And it sounds like he has some ideas that people will see as nutty. Tillis, on the other hand, has done a great job leading in the the NC General Assembly. The Dems here are losing their minds! I wish we had the perfect candidate, but we have GOT to get rid of Hagan, and I think we will. It’s clear by going so hard against Tillis so early that Hagan is trying to influence the primary and that she’s most afraid of Tillis (much like they tried to have Akin be the candidate in Missouri, as someone said above). Strangely enough, we have another Aiken–Clay Aiken from American idol–trying to be the Democrat nominee for the House in my district. This election is going to be fun….

GinaC on April 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM

(Sorry, TarheelBen, my friend!)

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hi Al. I agree about Tillis. He’s no conservative. But I’m afraid that Brannon is a trap we maybe should avoid. Just imagine what the left and the MSM would do with the 911 truther stuff, and the fact that Brannon spoke at a League of the South event.

What do you think of Mark Harris?

TarheelBen on April 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM

The Facts are:

Tillis is owned by Carl Rove and Funded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Chamber requires their candidates to Vote for Amnesty and to Fix Obamacare, NOT Repeal it.

Tillis has plenty of skeletons in the closet in NC.

At least Brannon is Conservative in what he says and does.

Nat George on April 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM

My God ,My God ,Why do democrats exist?

celtic warrior on April 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM

…it makes me bang my head against the wall…constantly!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Good luck with that. Weren’t the Indiana and Missiouri senate races supposed to be easy wins? Wasn’t a dog supposed to defeat Dirty Harry?

Not saying Tillis should win the primary, but there do seem to be red flags about Brannon. I’m thinking Heather Grant might be the best choice, although I don’t think she has much chance.

cat_owner on April 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM

The Facts are:

Tillis has plenty of skeletons in the closet in NC.

At least Brannon is Conservative in what he says and does.

Nat George on April 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM

You use that word “facts” – I do not think it means what you think it means.

A serious accusation against a candidate requires more back-up then your assertion. And you are flat-out lying about the Chamber.

Brannon is conservative? A 9/11 Truther? Are you just nuts? With his record of fraud, the ads write themselves.

Adjoran on April 22, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I’m from NC and I support Dr. Brannon. Tillis is Elmers in a pantsuit.

(Sorry, TarheelBen, my friend!)

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Sure, but as your posts here show, you might lack the emotional skills to make sound decisions.

Who knows if Brannon is conservative or not, he never hold a political position before. He just parrots the same old tired talking points “herp derp establishment!!”, “constitution durrrr”, “everybody but me is a dangerous communist!”. That doesn’t make anyone a conservative: he might very well be a clever guy fooling low-info voters who fall for talking points. Just like he conned those fellows that invested in his startup company for half a billion dollars.

Tillis has lead the most conservative state legislature in the country the past two years. To claim he isn’t conservative is completely insane.

joana on April 23, 2014 at 12:19 AM

It seems like all the Neocons are going full bore for Tillis. So much so that they try to reinvent
candidates to convince us. Pretty soon they will try to make the case that Ted Cruz
Is a socialist that eats Brie and drinks Dom Perignon with Obama at the White House

Brock Robamney on April 23, 2014 at 5:38 AM

I’m from NC and I support Dr. Brannon. Tillis is Elmers in a pantsuit.

(Sorry, TarheelBen, my friend!)

BigAlSouth on April 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM

joana on April 23, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Brannon is the equivalent of Todd Akin, perhaps worse. If Tarheels are dumb enough to elect him in the primary, then we will be stuck with Hagen. I don’t understand why Republicans are dumber than Democrats….

Redford on April 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM