MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well.

posted at 11:31 am on April 19, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

This story comes to us courtesy of The Right Scoop. (Which makes sense since I don’t watch any of the cable news evening lineup and haven’t seen Chris Hayes on the small screen in ages.) While people gathered at Cliven Bundy’s ranch in protest of the BLM’s handling of affairs there, the protesters were joined by Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore. This prompted MSNBC host Hayes to interview her, and the Scoop captures the video for us.

Let’s just say that Fiore wasn’t about to have the conversation steered to any Left side talking points.

Hayes tries his very best to repeatedly get Fiore to agree that Bundy is a criminal of one sort or another and goes the extra mile in slyly trying to get the Assemblywoman to say she agrees with Bundy that the federal government has no authority. She’s having none of it, and drives the conversation back to a few key points like a jackhammer.

- Why is the federal government sending men with guns to collect a debt, assuming one is owed?

- How much, if anything does Bundy actually owe? Liberals have been throwing around the figure of A MILLION DOLLARS for some time now, but then backed off to possibly only being a couple hundred thousand.

- Why is Harry Reid so heavily involved when something definitely looks “suspicious” about that?

It’s a pretty great interview, so take a look.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You really can’t be this stupid, can you? I think that choom has made an Obama out of you, son. You are brain dead…

bimmcorp on April 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I think he can and is. I think that weed he’s been smoking has left him….damaged. He’s one of the most pathetic posters I’ve seen in a while. Nonpartisan and libfree can both claim intellectual superiority over him and I’d have to agree. I hope they don’t do that since I’d really hate to agree with them on anything.

Oldnuke on April 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Also I have a prescription for my weed.

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I don’t care if you do or you don’t.

I don’t care if you use or don’t.

I don’t car if you use legally or don’t.

I am just curious about the apparent inconsistency in your views.

davidk on April 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Well if the federal government really cares about promoting a functioning and sane society in this country, they would go after alcohol not weed. Alcohol is the one killing people in thousands not weed. Also I have a prescription for my weed.
weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

So you have a prescription?? What form of cancer do you have? Or did you just get one of those phony ones like my brother in law, who hasn’t had a clear, rational thought in 20 years from believing that ‘weedisgood’…I’ll bet you have no illness other than pot dependency.

bimmcorp on April 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM

That chick with the glasses wearing the suit could be mistaken for a guy…

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Guess this site doesn’t post CNN links?

avagreen on April 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Correct, links from CNN, CNBC, infowars, the site starting with market and ending with watch, all banned.

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

No, it doesn’t.

I use TinyURL when I want to post something from a banned website.

davidk on April 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Thank you much, both you guys.

I’ve learned about TinyUrl, too. I’ll have to use it next time to experiment. I thought I knew more than I knew. **__**

avagreen on April 19, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Test cn‍n.com

The Monster on April 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Michele Fiore did GREAT job. Why can’t I have a senator or a representative who is smart and tough and who puts these winy lefties to shame like she did. Hope she runs for Senate in Nevada

georgealbert on April 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Fiore for President!

(Or Senator against Reid!)

BKennedy on April 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM

That chick with the glasses wearing the suit could be mistaken for a guy…

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Cleombrotus on April 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM

When did Rachael Maddow change her name and get glasses?

-west

mr_west on April 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Whatever, have you seen if doctor can get you methadone and limit computer use? You don’t want to get no carpal tunnel stuff.

arnold ziffel on April 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Is there a story there? Or is it better not to bring it up?

I’m just curious.

bluegill on April 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Why does this woman not have national attention? Obviously she has way more ability to twist words back on the pensil-neck-geek talking-head than most of the other “conservative” pundits. Keep this woman in front of the camera.

Molonlabe2004 on April 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Chris Hayes handily beat up by a girl. I bet this wasn’t the first time.

Way to squelch the leftist narrative, assemblywoman.

JCoulter on April 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Hope this woman has national ambitions. She’s a fighter.

John the Libertarian on April 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Pajama Boy works at MSNBC?

segesta on April 20, 2014 at 12:06 AM

This woman’s body language showed that she wasn’t afraid at all. She was great.

bluegill on April 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM

bluegill, what typical woman would have any patience with that betaworm?

roy_batty on April 20, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Like I said, if you want to nurse juvenile grievances because you’re butthurt about other topics on other threads, then I’ll happily go toe-to-toe with you on any relevant or open thread to which you wish to direct my attention.

Akzed on April 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Drink some more Alinsky Coffee.

And please stop throwing out insults. In my initial response to you on this thread, all I did was ask you a simple question. I never called you names, but you did so to me in return.

Sad…I used to respect your posts until last week, when you said Newtown never happened. And then you totally lost me with Building 7.

DISMISSED.

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Ms. Fiore handled herself and Hayes wonderfully.

She manhandled that boy!

Sherman1864 on April 20, 2014 at 3:10 AM

The mainstream media is now for all practical purposes seamlessly integrated with the democrat party and we are just now seeing the glimmer of the horrors that always happen when a press becomes nothing more then a one party mouthpiece.
If you are a republican, conservative or just an independent that leans right, and happen to be interviewed treat every single interview with the media as hostile one period. Every single one. Ms Fiore just showed everyone in the republican party how it’s done.
Too bad the republican party at the national level just doesn’t seem to actually be able to absorb this new media reality and that is why in my opinion they will almost always will now lose at the national level.

sailwind on April 20, 2014 at 5:10 AM

This Idiot, just like everybody who works for MSNBC got his PHD from the University of STUPID. That’s why only 3 (three) people watch this station. And it’s not a news station. The three people who watch it is Obama, Botox Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid.

tmgrant on April 20, 2014 at 5:35 AM

The rule of law must be followed.

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM

It’s the American way to violate laws? … Either you stand for the rule of law or you don’t.

Weedisgood.

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I bet you wouldn’t feel that way if marijuana possession was a still a felony nationwide.

zoyclem on April 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM

It’ nice to see a totalitarian have his as handed to him.

zoyclem on April 20, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I pray my two sons meet and marry a woman like this some day.

FireBlogger on April 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM

bimmcorp on April 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM

did i miss something or did you seriously dismiss marijuana as a legitimate medical need for anyone who does not have cancer?im seriously not trying to be bitchy but it seems to me you may suffer from some will full blindness. as a pain management patient with 4 blown discs 2 different autoimmune problems and fibromyalgia plus numerous other medical problems as a direct result of said disorders i happen to know for a fact that there are days when the only possible way for me to get by is to smoke. the pain meds no longer work for me but the weed while it doesn’t do much more than the pills fr the actual pain does kill my nausea and make it possible for me to eat something and it also has the other bonus of fuzzing my senses enough that i no longer care about the remaining pain i am in and can function again. if your anti weed that’s fine its your opinion and you are entitled but please don’t assume that you know best for everyone else or that MJ is not a real treatment option for things other than just cancer

katee bayer on April 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Katee,

Unfortunately, the large number of fakers who abused the MM laws just to get high have eroded a lot of credibility of and goodwill towards the MM cause.

Personally I think if someone is living with chronic pain, and they can manage it with cannabis instead of synthetic opioids, that’s a win for harm reduction. Whether MM is right for you is between you and your MD.

Take care.

Kenosha Kid on April 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Michele Fiore pretty much rocked the interview and made several solid points against the Narrative.

“Chris if you owe the federal government money and they come into your house pointing guns at your wife and children is that OK with you?”

“Is it OK with you if every rancher across the country stops paying their grazing fees?”

That there is the moral equivalence in the eyes of the statist.

Kenosha Kid on April 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I would like to know how it was that the federal government somehow managed to “own” lands that should be the states and the people in them. Now they have “ownership” and charge grazing fees? Why? I thought this was America, I guess I was wrong! All that being said how do we allow a senator to make “deals with a foreign government for his personal profit, and then pass laws to make it happen?

jainphx on April 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM

This Video should go Viral EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks, Jazz!

williamg on April 20, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Weed will eventually be legal anyway.
The lie which was told to us about it being dangerous has been found out considering more people die every year from alcohol related problems.

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

*sigh*

New Study of Young Adults Finds Link Between Casual Marijuana Use and Brain Abnormalities

Go ahead, I know the inevitable “yeah, but… *puff* not really, cause…” explanation is on its way…

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Someone should tell Rachel Maddows little sister to do his homework…

JohnGalt23 on April 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I gave the same link last night,along with a few others, last night about 7:40P, but weedisgood hasn’t answered. I’m thinking he’s gotten the hammer?

avagreen on April 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM

*sigh*

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I’m not sure you want to get into a debate on which is worse.
Alcohol which is legal or weed. Of course there are risks to doing everything in this world.
If you want think weed is bad based on that study, then I assume you haven’t seen any study on alcohol.

weedisgood on April 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I’m not sure you want to get into a debate on which is worse.

weedisgood on April 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I’d just like for you to answer the question

“Do you stand for the rule of law?”

After all

Either you stand for the rule of law or you don’t.

Weedisgood.

Or do you

pick to choose which law to follow based on how the political winds blow?

weedisgood on April 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM

After all

At the heart of libertarianism and conservatism is the respecting the rule of law

Weedisgood.

Oldnuke on April 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM

weedisgood on April 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Thanks for proving the point, pothead.

I didn’t say weed was worse than alcohol, I simply responded to *YOUR* comment that weed being dangerous was a lie with yet more and recent proof that you’re full of crap.

That you can’t argue against fact, but instead have to divert and deflect simply means this – don’t you ever again say that weed isn’t harmful, or that it’s a lie when someone says it is, okay? It’s clear that you know you’re full of crap when you say that, so just don’t.

The two halves of your sentence do not even remotely go together – do you understand that? You just tried to argue the logical equivalent of “drowning isn’t bad for you, because being burned alive is worse”, after having expressly stated that “it’s a lie when people say drowning is bad for you” and then being shown further evidence that yes, drowning is, in fact, bad for you.

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 6:22 PM

But yeah, otherwise, thank you for not letting me down in my expectation of a “yeah, but… *puff* not really, cause…” bullsqueeze response.

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Apparently, you dozed off QUITE some time ago!

oldleprechaun on April 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Nah … I just don’t watch TV all that much … and especially not now that the football season is gone.

majorzot on April 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Way to go Michele, beating up on a little girl.

arnold ziffel on April 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Question: Anyone else watch Rusty Hill’s interview?
IT was very interesting and made the most sense of anything I’ve heard so far.

RanchersWife on April 20, 2014 at 8:33 PM

This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGJXDuLkdI ?

Kenosha Kid on April 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Kenosha Kid on April 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Yup. I think everyone should hear what this man has to say.

RanchersWife on April 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Where is Sharron Angle?

Darvin Dowdy on April 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Midas on April 20, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Terrible analogy. You get an F for failure.

weedisgood on April 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Terrible analogy. You get an F for failure.

weedisgood on April 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM

You’re a moronic pothead, a shining example of proof that weed *is* harmful.

Forgive me if I don’t care what you think of the perfectly good analogy, and am not surprised that you a) don’t like it, and b) can’t wrap your pot-addled brain around it, even though it’s painfully simple.

Midas on April 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Why is the government pointing guns at people over a turtle or an unpaid bill?

Why is an important discussion like this derailed by people wanting to feel good about themselves by pointing fingers at “potheads”? Why do some people want to make themselves feel better about themselves at others expense, by attempting to shame people who are in a government-designated acceptable group for shaming?

Identity politics is the main method that the ruling class uses to divide and conquer. In a free society, people don’t get off by spending time thinking about how to control their neighbors. Most of the work of these parasites who call themselves our masters is done by the subjects themselves, without the aristocrats lifting a finger.

Another Libertarian on April 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM

If you notice the image on the splash page little Chrissy Hayes looks like he’s about to have a crying temper tantrum while Michele Fiore looks like she’s about to rip Hayes’ heart out of his chest with her bare hands. If looks could kill.

Looks like Hayes should have worn a brown suit that day.

Kingfisher on April 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Great interview. It took a while to get it loaded, but it was worth it.

LASue on April 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Great interview. It took a while to get it loaded, but it was worth it.

LASue on April 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Breathtaking.

Personally, I hope Reid strokes out b/f he gets any benefit from this particular attempted crooked deal. I’d read someplace else during this furor that he owns several old vacant mines of the type of mineral this whistle blower was talking about, and had even made some big $$ off that ownership. But, this rancher doesn’t “deserve” his 180y/o parcel of land, or profit from it.

Go to H@LL, Harry. As quick as you can. Satan is waiting with his hot, open arms, grinning like a Jacka$$.

Wonder if he’ll thinks his soul is worth whatever gain he received in this life?

avagreen on April 21, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Ah yes, the “left wing talking points”..

such as,

“Do you recognize the authority of the federal government” and “Is it okay to defy court judgements because you have an armed militia?”

(no, and apparently yes)

triple on April 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Go away, triple.
You obviously don’t understand the issues.

avagreen on April 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM