New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe?

posted at 1:21 pm on April 17, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

As Ed noted earlier this week, everyone’s favorite loathsome nanny-state former mayor has pledged to refocus his gun-control efforts from the politically ailing Mayors Against Illegal Guns group to a new “grassroots” network (funded by his $50 million) to try to eventually “outmuscle” the National Rifle Association. This, evidently, is their first big ad.

First of all, who keeps a loaded handgun in a shoebox, underneath blankets and pillows, in the back of the closet? That right there is great description of how not to keep guns in your home — but that really isn’t the point here, and I’m not even going to go into the many other in-home hazards for children that cause still more accidental deaths every year. The point is that, absolutely yes, situations like this with accidental shootings of children in the home do happen occasionally, and every one is a tragedy we should diligently work to prevent. I one hundred percent agree with the ad’s plea to “start the conversation about responsible gun ownership in your home and community” — but most of the gun control bills out there today for which the group and others like it are presumably advocating have nothing to do with keeping guns out of the hands of children in the home. Most reasonable people can recognize that the benefits of having a handgun within reach for home defense far outweigh the risks, and most of the proposed gun-restricting legislation out there right now is about registering assault rifles, or limiting magazine capacities, or restricting concealed carry rights in alcohol-serving establishments and schools, or enhanced background checks, etcetera. I.e., nothing that will do anything to prevent the scenario played out above, and keeping guns out of the reach of curious children is primarily an issue of parental responsibility and educating children about the dangers of toying with firearms early on. That makes me think that perhaps this ad is more about scare tactics than any sort of practical, effective gun restrictions, no?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Who doesn’t look where they shoot, and then pulls the trigger with their eyes closed.

I hope “Bloomburger” spent a lot of money on this one. Bring it.

JayTee on April 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Mayor Bloomannie is flooding the zone with this ad on the internet. It’s a pain in the tukus to adjust my window margins to block it out.

olesparkie on April 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Are your children safe?

Not if you don’t have a gun with which to protect them (unless you’re Chuck Norris).

SailorMark on April 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM

New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe?

No… they are currently in a public school where administrators and teachers are unarmed, and the area is advertised as a target rich environment for criminals.

(sorry, couldn’t help responding)

dominigan on April 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Give me a ring when accidental deaths from guns is at least 1/10 the number of deaths from slip and falls.

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM

No, Mike, you cannot have our guns. The answer is no. There is not one thing you can say to change that answer. No.

Laura Castellano on April 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

We have the NRA for gun safety, which they have plenty of materials and courses for. We don’t need a guy who has never fired a gun in his life telling us about gun safety.

William Eaton on April 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM

My children are safe in my house because they know where all the loaded guns are, and they know how to use them.

Akzed on April 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM

olesparkie on April 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Don’t ignore them – go ahead and click – spend his money.

climbnjump on April 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Wow. Bloomy dream-kills little girls. What scum. This is like a snuff film.

faraway on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Be interesting to see how many elected state politicians support him now.

butch on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Because gun free zones have been spectacular successful…./

hillsoftx on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

1) Bloomberg is a dishonest scumbag.

2) These ads will do nothing, other than perhaps twist the arms a few other dishonest scumbag Democrat politicians.

3) No one is taking my guns away.

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

One thing to note from this obnoxious ad is just how incredibly ignorant of firearms the daughter is. Besides never holding one before, her parents committed an act of child neglect by not teaching her about them. This ad indicates to me we need instruction on how to properly handle and fire weapons in public schools.

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe?

They would be if they took the NRA’s Eddie Eagle training.

Ward Cleaver on April 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Are your children safe?

Yes! Because we all have guns!!

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Children need to be taught to respect, and how to properly handle weapons at an EARLY age – the earlier they learn, the safer everyone is.

Pork-Chop on April 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I hope “Bloomburger” spent a lot of money on this one. Bring it.

JayTee on April 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

The robot psychologist girl in I, Robot.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

No, no, no, that would be dangerous.

Teaching grade schooler’s the proper way to put on a condom, now THAT’S teaching safety!

climbnjump on April 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I may actually listen to the nanny dwarf if he were to do without his personal armed bodyguard protection. Us plebs must do without, so that he can get into heaven I guess? Until then he can kiss my rear!

ph2ll on April 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM

This past Wednesday a young 12-year old girl in Bryan County, Oklahoma was able to protect her life when an intruder kicked in her back door and entered her house. Frantically, she called her mother who advised her to grab their household gun, hide in the closet, and call 911.

For NRA this will be like shooting fish in a barrell.

the_nile on April 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

The first thing – THE FIRST THING – I taught my children about guns is to leave them alone unless they were preparing to destroy something. The second thing I taught them was, when someone hands you a gun, point it in a safe direction and open the action (if for some stupid reason the person handing it to them hasn’t done that already).

Then I took them to the range and taught them how to shoot.

That was before I took it with me to go canoeing with Bishop. Pro-tip: NEVER go canoeing with Bishop.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Molon Labe, you puny ‘man’.

God, it must be Hell to exist like Bloomberg does.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM

My children were born into a life of guns in our home. I was a police officer back then. They were taught early on the do’s & don’ts of guns. When they were old enough they used them properly. I was also taught about guns at an early age. I was a 3rd generation LEO. In 4 generations of our family…we never had an incident.

But, I had an 8 yr old boy die in my arms (1st responder) because the mother of the shooter left her child home alone. This boy invited his school mates over. They were off for Easter break. She, the mother of the shooter, had the rifle for protection. It was a very rough neighborhood. Her brother gave her the weapon. It was not loaded. Much to their sadness they learned that one round of ammo was caught in the inside folds of the leather/fur case. You can fill in the pieces from there.

So I can literally understand where each side comes from. As Ed said. Tragedies happen. They are heartbreaking. They will continue to happen.

But the risks of not being armed far outweigh the risks of the rare accidental shootings. Over two decades later I still have an occasional nightmare of little Daniel in my arms. They are not the same now as they were shortly after it happened. I could not imagine how Daniel’s mother felt. Nor do I wish to. She probably thinks much differently than I about this subject. But I understand if she does.

The only reason I’m remembering this today is because it is close to the date from what happened to Daniel over twenty years ago…..

Conservative4Ever on April 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM

My dogs are safe because I am armed.

Back in the 1970s, in rural New York we actually were taught some gun safety in grade school.

Teach gun safety, don’t foment gun hysteria. Bloomberg’s gun ads are going to get someone killed.

rbj on April 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars.

the_nile on April 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Mayors Against Illegal Guns

I think they meant Mayors Against Undocumented Constitutionally Protected Tools.

Dongemaharu on April 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Part and parcel of the strictly emotion based crapola spewing from the infantile little heads of the Nanny Staters. The good news is that they’re so afraid of the spontaneous ‘discharge’ of any gun that exists, they are incapable of ‘discharging’ their permanently attached mini-gun, hence, their eventual dodo bird status. Can’t wait…

vnvet on April 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM

$50 Million could feed a lot of hungry kids.

HumpBot Salvation on April 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Akzed on April 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This ↑

bigmacdaddy on April 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM

What makes him the boss of me?

vityas on April 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

nothing that will do anything to prevent the scenario played out above, and keeping guns out of the reach of curious children is primarily an issue of parental responsibility and educating children about the dangers of toying with proper and responsible use of and respect for firearms early on.

FIFY

They would be if they took the NRA’s Eddie Eagle training.

Ward Cleaver on April 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Should be a no-brainer for parents owning firearms.

hawkeye54 on April 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM

$50 Million could feed a lot of hungry kids.

HumpBot Salvation on April 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Meh, that’s what government programs are for, silly person.

/SNARK

hawkeye54 on April 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM

All of his youtube vids have the comments turned off.

Patrap on April 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM

What makes him the boss of me?

vityas on April 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

His self-absorbed intellectual and moral superiority of course.

hawkeye54 on April 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM

You quickly posted the ad, so Bloomberg wins.

Moesart on April 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Beretta kills children.

Should have bought an M&P.

thei3ug on April 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I just heard Bloomy in an interview yesterday assuring the interviewer he was only interested in keeping guns out of the hands of loonies who shouldn’t have them, like Virginia Tech shooter. If this is truly their first ad then it didn’t take long for him to shown to be a liar.

mdavt on April 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM

What makes him the boss of me?
vityas on April 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

He’s a libtard fascist with money, naturally.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Should have bought an M&P.

thei3ug on April 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Got one of those – but I like my Glocks and S&W revolver better….

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

mdavt on April 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Of course that’s what they say they want.
What they don’t say out loud is that the only way to do that is to confiscate / eliminate ALL guns from EVERYONE.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Beware folks, it looks like using the words ‘sovereign citizen’ now makes you a suspect: Report: FBI Visiting Gun Shops to Investigate “People Talking About Big Government”

FBI agent said this: “‘If you see some Middle Eastern guy come in, you don’t have to be so worried about that. What we’re really looking for are people talking about being sovereign such as sovereign citizens or people talking about big government,’ the agent reportedly stated.”

I can’t post the link because it’s that one HA doesn’t allow. Here’s a Bing search on the title: Article Search

slickwillie2001 on April 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM

New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe?

Gun owners (37% of the U.S. population), 1,052,334 dead since 1981. Written another way: Since 1982, for every one hundred and eleven “has gun” people, one has died.

HIV+ (35/100ths of 1% of the U.S. population), 636,000 dead since 1981. Written another way: Since 1981, for every three “has HIV” people, one has died.

If the “have HIV” population could figure out a way to be as safe as the “have gun” population they would’ve only lost 16,025 people to HIV/AIDS since 1981.

Sixteen thousand twenty-five.

FWIW, if the “have guns” population posed similar risks as the “have HIV” population there would’ve been 38 million gunfire deaths since 1982 vs. the actual 1 million.

(Thanks again for your help with the data, Ric)

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM

That family was way too white and affluent to be real. Where are the ads showing black-on-black shootings in the more urban areas of Detroit, Chicago, or New Orleans?

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I liked it. Kind of a make your own ending like some of them Asian movies I have watched.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM

They hate children. What a farce!

Murphy9 on April 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM

As is ALWAYS the case, this has nothing to do with the gun itself but the people handling it.

RedNewEnglander on April 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Also, just goes to show you how a simple game like hide and seek can go sideways.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM

And, even then, it wouldn’t work. Look up Carbine Williams.

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Ya – luckily for all of us that dangerous evil game tag is gone from the school grounds – now hide n seek has to go….

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

This is the test of a grass roots organization: Announce that you are building one and then two days later spam the entire internet with professionally-produced commercials.

Nothing says “grass roots” like a huge media presence.

Axeman on April 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM

As long as the Second Amendment exists… we’ll buy all the 16-ounce+ Big Gulps we care to, Mr. Mayor.

VastRightWingConspirator on April 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM

And, even then, it wouldn’t work. Look up Carbine Williams.

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Of course not. Can’t be done – pure delusional leftist utopian dream.
But they sure as he11 don’t want to let on that’s their real goal.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:12 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Are you saying that HIV+ people should be kept in a safe or have a lock?

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM

To get a Possession and Acquisition License in Canada, you have to take a safety course where they drill into you two acronyms: ACTS and PROVE.

A ssume the firearm is loaded
C ontrol the muzzle
T rigger finger off the trigger
S ee that the firearm is safe

P oint in a safe direction at all times
R emove the ammunition
O bserve the chamber
V erify the feed path
E xamine the bore

My daughter could recite and demonstrate all of this at 6 years old.

To this, of course, we added “Don’t touch unless mom or dad are with you and tell you it’s ok.”

She and we have received compliments from the Range Safety Officers at our club — “All kids should be like yours” was pretty flattering.

Training kids on safe handling is not at all difficult. Setting aside the unsafe and ineffective-for-home-defense storage shown in the video, there’s no excuse for the little girl in the video to not know what to do with the firearm when she stumbled upon it.

Lickmuffin on April 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Are your children safe?

Of course they are! They know my 1911 & Colt Python is chock FULL of Winchester Silvertip JHP and Federal Soft-Nose….AND they know WHEN and HOW to use it.

And if that’s not enough, they know where I hide the key for the really GOOD stuff!

I’m joking, of course…I don’t have any kids.

:o)

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Are you saying that HIV+ people should be kept in a safe or have a lock?

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Yup – locked chastity belt…..

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

This is a stupid ad…hope Bloomberg does spend lots on it.
It’s really the young kids in the crummy drug-ridden neighborhoods that are getting bumped off…their parents keep their loaded handguns under the sofa cushions or in the nite stands for the expected intruders. So if the kids aren’t playing around with the guns for fun, the bullets are hitting them in a drive by shooting.

I had a friend who was a pediatrician in a big city and he used to give out gun safeties instead of lollipops from his office.

gracie on April 17, 2014 at 2:17 PM

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Mooch Obama better not see that ad, she’ll be madder than Obama himself. Not because of the guns but because it’s a nice sunny day and those kids are playing hide-and-seek in the HOUSE!!!! They should be out in their lilly white neighborhood running around or something.

Seriously, if Bloomberg wanted a realistic commercial the family would be black and living in a more urban area. The handgun would be unseen other than the bullet crashing trough the living room window from a drive-by shooting in the midst of a turf war between rival gangs.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Wait, so Infowars is verboten here? Hell, they get linked on Drudge all the time….

Fathom on April 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

When I got my H&K USP .40 Compact the Friday after Obama’s first election, I made sure my two daughters got to use it. They were 12 and 8 at the time. I specifically got that caliber so it would easier for them if they ever had to defend themselves since all my other firearms are larger.

The first time I left my 2 daughters alone for the evening (I’m a single parent) I made sure my older one knew where the firearm and lock key were.

The next day, I noticed something in arrears with the weapon. I asked her if she had moved it. She said, yes, that she had grabbed the key and unlocked it a few times so she would be familiar with the process if needed. I was stunned at her level of logic at the time.

These days, I can leave it on the kitchen table in plain sight with a round in the chamber and neither of my girls show any more concern for it than they do the napkin holder.

That commercial is quite the lie. It’s pretty unrealistic that a family that affluent would have a mother who would allow her husband to store a firearm like that around ignorant children.

It’s fear-mongering at it’s best.

UnstChem on April 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Are you saying that HIV+ people should be kept in a safe or have a lock?

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I’m simply pointing out that, if the time has come to have a discussion on limiting constitutional rights based on a moral concern for citizen safety, there may be more efficient ways to save lives and reduce injuries.

IF it’s an actual moral concern about safety, of course.

(Thanks again for your help with the data, Ric.)

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

gracie on April 17, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Parents, as in plural? Just as apt to be a single mother with the latest baby daddy.

I’m not saying that gun accidents don’t happen in nice neighborhoods. A former co-workers kid was killed but only because a group of teens were being stupid with a loaded handgun (the shooter ended up with jail time). Nevertheless, making an impact on gun violence does not start with confiscating the weapons of citizens.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Should have bought an M&P.

thei3ug on April 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Got one of those – but I like my Glocks and S&W revolver better….

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

My Glock and my S&W are my go-to’s, depending on the situation.

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

OTOH, Bloomy, instead of making crappy videos (I mean, that was as bad as a Healthcare Marketplace) why not use that that money and buy $50 million dollars worth of gun safety equipment and pass it out FREE to any firearms owner, legal or otherwise!

I for one would LOVE to have a few more…that way the money I save can buy MORE ammo…WINNER!

OR you can sponsor your very OWN gun “BuyBack” program, nationwide! You and your commissars can set the price per piece of junk you get, the limit that each person brings in, etc and get all the guns off the street your pocketbook can afford!

Wait, what?

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM

One last thing-

Fewer people (~300) have been killed in mass shootings in the last 34 years than the CDC’s potential number of newborn babies infected with HIV (316) from their unaware mothers each and every year.

300 children + adults total vs. 316 newborns annually.

(Thanks again, Ric.)

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Yup…crummy homes, crappy parent(s), stupid kids…we’re loaded with them and can’t legislate them away..the peeps are pretty much ineducable, too come to think of it.

gracie on April 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM

The NRA should reply with an ad that goes something like this:

Dad’s at work, Mom and the kids are in the living room watching television when there’s a knock at the door.

In the background, on TV, Joe Biden is giving advise to women to get a shotgun and fire two blasts…fire through the door.

Mom grabs the 12 gauge, fires through the door and kills the girl scout who is going door-to-door, asking for donations.

End of video, black screen, bold white letters, “Want to protect your neighborhood? Don’t listen to stupid liberals”.

Kanga on April 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM

My Glock and my S&W are my go-to’s, depending on the situation.

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Between 220, 1911 and Python, i keep wondering…”DO I have enough?”

So I’m writing a letter to Santa asking to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave me that P227 I’ve been staring at in the window everyday…I promise, this time I’ll eat ALL my peas!

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM

This has never, nor will ever be, about safety. Of the Majors that have walked away from MAIG, this has been reason #1 or #2. It’s about the slow, deliberate, and intended removal of 2A until there’s nothing left. The “Mom’s” have just been the vehicle in which to change hearts and minds.

Does anyone really believe that firearms will ever have a level of acceptablity in the eyes of the these folks? I certainly don’t.

Someone said this earlier, and i reiterate -

60 million gun owners – 50 million Bloomy bucks = $.83 spent on each person.

Going to take a hell of a lot take more than $.83 each to prevent good honest Americans from using a firearm to protect their families.

PermanentWaves on April 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Ignorance and stupidity kill in these types of situations.

If you own a firearm, it is your responsibility to teach your children how to be responsible with them. Regardless of how your spouse, relatives, neighbors etc. feel about them.

My kids have all shot. They know the rules, and as much of a mean old man as I come across as to my nephews, they respect the required discipline at the shooting range. And you know what? They have fun!

“Hunt with your kids, not for them”

hoakie on April 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are your children safe?

A response I would like to see is a commercial of a single mother calling 911 because of an attempted break-in and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for police to arrive as the intruder walks upstairs to the second floor bedrooms.

Then we should ask if our children safe?

Kingfisher on April 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Amazingly, Eddie Eagle endorses this message.

And has been for many years.

Not that you’ll ever get a single “Liberal” to ever admit it.

KMC1 on April 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Guns don’t kill people. Gun-free zones kill people.

Ted Kennedy’s Oldsmobile has killed more people than my guns have.

Left Coast Right Mind on April 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I’d say you’re 100% right in you criticism of the ad. But I would also say that the ad is not attempting to be accurate or fair. It’s meant to appeal to people who know absolutely nothing about guns, and just assume they’re left lying around in closets ready to kill a child. It’s meant to motivate such people to contribute money to getting rid of these scary things.

It’s a fundraiser ad for the True Believer Gun Control Freaks, to encourage them to contribute money to Bloomberg’s pet issue.

Rationally, of course, it is the exact opposite of truth, since this ad is meant to help Bloomberg’s group destroy the NRA, but the NRA is probably the single organization that does the most to encourage people to store and use their guns safely to prevent exactly this type of incident.

But truth is not their concern. Or children’s safety, for that matter.

There Goes the Neighborhood on April 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I should clarify: My S&W 686 revolver. As I’ve said in other threads, I know no one thinks revolvers are sexy anymore, but if I could only own one gun, that would be it. The thing is a power house.

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM

My son has a 686 – beautiful gun.
I have a Model 60 – J (small) frame .357 Magnum – my favorite CCW.
We’re in the market now for a S&W Model 63 or 317 (.22LR revolvers) for my wife. She wants a .22 so she knows she can handle it, and she wants a revolver for CCW safety. (she has a few others, like an .380 Ruger LCP – but ones a bit snappy for her)

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Amazingly, Eddie Eagle endorses this message.

And has been for many years.

Not that you’ll ever get a single “Liberal” to ever admit it.

KMC1 on April 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Ha. One of our (D)s once spent a thread complaining about the NRA and telling us that he didn’t want McDonalds teaching nutrition or the NRA teaching gun safety to his kids when the police would do it.

He suddenly had a conference come up when it was pointed out that the police used the Eddie Eagle program to teach gun safety to his kids.

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

So what now… is this the 3rd or the 4th shell organization Bloomberg has put together? In a way, I’m not going to complain. I’d much rather him dump his money into something that is doomed to fail rather than something that could cause real trouble. Particularly since the louder he squeals, the more support the pro-2A communicate seems to get.

RaulYbarra on April 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Between 220, 1911 and Python, i keep wondering…”DO I have enough?”

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM

My wish list would be something like (and not necessarily in this order):

Barrett 50 cal sniper rifle

S&W 500 mag

Assorted tactical gear.

If only I had the money.

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I remember that one. OFA is hiring some useless idiots…
Who was that? I don’t remember who it was.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Boy, I wish I had a gun.

BobMbx on April 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I remember that one. OFA is hiring some useless idiots…
Who was that? I don’t remember who it was.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I remember that as well, but I can’t remember who the idiot was. I do recall it was some funny shiite, though.

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Between 220, 1911 and Python, i keep wondering…”DO I have enough?”

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Is there really such a thing as “enough”?
In this area, there is certainly no such thing as “too many”.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Boy, I wish I had a gun.

BobMbx on April 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Did you go fishing with Bishop too?

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

That’s right, it was verbaldiarrhea.

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Well, why shouldn’t we push that solution? It’s what the liberals would do!

GWB on April 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM

rogerb on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM
That’s right, it was verbaldiarrhea.

NotCoach on April 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I think it was this thread:

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Did you go fishing with Bishop too?

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Never again, let me tell ya. Talk about Mr. Butterfingers.

BobMbx on April 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM

WhatSlushfund on April 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Do NOT believe that Slush…Eons ago, my main carry and only revolver was a Colt Python 6″ in .357 with Tyler T-Grips and target sights.

Because I knew what I liked, and I had just cashed in a Savings Bond & a favor with a gunsmith friend that retired, I had spent the $$$ to get the barrel shrunk to 5 inches and the SS finish Parkerized. Updated the sights, new set of Pachmyer rubber grips and polished cylinder and “rabbit ear” ports at the muzzle and you are talking about a SERIOUS difference!

Take it to the range, load her up with full power .357 rounds and just watch out! Load her with .38 Special and I can punch out the Black out , reload and put those through as well.

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Just for you Bloomie.

Caption says “victim” shot by home intruder. I’d say the intruder was shot by an armed resident that he mistakenly thought was an unarmed victim.

Oldnuke on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM

My son has a 686 – beautiful gun.
I have a Model 60 – J (small) frame .357 Magnum – my favorite CCW.

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

When I got my CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) last year, one of the things we did was shoot at a target tree. It has the paddle shaped targets that flip back and forth. The instructor said that anyone with a caliber smaller than .40 had to squarely hit it to make the targets flip. Anyone with a .40 or larger could end up hitting the outside edge and still flip it … and that’s exactly what happened.

Every time we heard a round hit that didn’t flip the target, the person had a smaller caliber.

Yes, every firearm is deadly, but death doesn’t always happen immediately or at all from a gunshot wound.

You have to have something that fires a round delivering enough trauma-inducing energy to stop your foe.

UnstChem on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Never again, let me tell ya. Talk about Mr. Butterfingers.

BobMbx on April 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Yup – fair warning to all – DO NOT go fishing with Bishop and bring all your guns with you – well, unless you live in NY or CT and don’t plan to register your guns!!

There are more doggone unregistered guns at the bottom of Bishop’s fishing lakes than the NSA monitors of HA would ever believe….

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Whoops, got to head to the store before closing…will be back in a bit…:o)

BlaxPac on April 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Has anyone heard about Indiana amending it’s castle doctrine law? Apparently happened earlier this year and I hadn’t heard a word about it. Here’s a link to a local newscast.

Oldnuke on April 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM

UnstChem on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Understand all that. But the issue is what my wife can handle and feel comfortable carrying. She’s tried my 9mm, 40 cal, and .38 Special, and she has a .380 LCP – but she’s just not comfortable shooting those. She’s a really good shot with her Ruger Bearcat (.22LR) – so she wants to try out a concealed carry sized .22LR revolver for a bit. I think the S&W Model 63 and 317 look like the best choices (and we’ve looked at many others).

.22LR may not be knock down power, but if she needs something – 7 or 8 rounds of lead coming at someone with decent aim is better than nothing – and better than a .380 LCP in the pocket – and the mag in a different pocket – let alone a chambered round….
(don’t get me started – we’ve been round and round about that)

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Wow. I feel dumber for having actually watched that drivel.

fresh air on April 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM

First of all, who keeps a loaded handgun in a shoebox

Mr. Furious Styles.