Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition)

posted at 10:01 pm on April 15, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

Ha. I can’t wait to see the viral versions of this in every H&R Block across this great nation.

Clap along if you love
looking for every last receipt.
Clap along if it feels
you’re on a bike without a seat.

Comments

Whatever.

Can anyone explain to me why Fox News has spent yet another night starting every single show talking about this Nevada cow kerfuffle? They were a week behind the story to start … are they trying to make up that week by keeping this dead horse alive?

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Vid not playing for me…

OmahaConservative on April 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Dingy Harrah is the one who will not let it drop…

OmahaConservative on April 15, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Dingy Harrah is the one who will not let it drop…

OmahaConservative on April 15, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Yeah, I see his stupid ass being quoted everywhere, but he’s not smart enough or clever enough to move an issue, and he certainly doesn’t have any chops at Fox News. They might mock him, but only because they have decided this story has sales potential for them.

No surprise to see the sickening Sean Hannity feigning outrage. Yeesh.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Hannity was the first to break it on Fox, and I for one am glad it’s gained national exposure.

John the Libertarian on April 15, 2014 at 10:14 PM

No surprise to see the sickening Sean Hannity feigning outrage. Yeesh.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I switch away from FNC when SH comes on, cannot stand to look at him or listen to him. There is a local Fox newcast that comes on here at 9 central…

OmahaConservative on April 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM

OmahaConservative on April 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Amen, OC. My daughter is perplexed by this…she says “Dad — you agree with him on every single public policy; where’s the beef?”

I don’t know. He’s so contrived and awful, so ridiculous and predictable. Can’t stand the sound of his voice.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM

(Carry on, then. Sorry to hijack this silly post.)

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:23 PM

(Oh, it’s MK … really sorry.)

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Ditto,fingernails on a chalkboard.

docflash on April 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM

John the Libertarian on April 15, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Fair enough, JtL … why?

On the surface, he seems to be a garden-variety tax-avoider. Wall Street hedge fund managers pay good money to cheat their way out of taxes legally and I applaud them. While I certainly agree with his instinct to avoid taxes and fees in any way possible, apparently he long ago ran out the string on legal tax avoidance, and court after court has told him to pay up.

I hate the increasingly violent and militaristic Federal government as much as anyone does, but this guy is wrong, it seems to me.

What’s your take?

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Ditto, fingernails on a chalkboard.

docflash on April 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Does it seem to you like Hannity’s fans are all 30-50 year old women? I don’t know a single guy who listens to his show.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM

(Back again, MK. I tried to watch the vid, I really did. The guy is funny and seemed to have put a lot of thought into his performance. But I just … couldn’t. I’m really very sorry.)

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM

OC, I’ve got 8 of 13 comments so far. It’s boring, I’m sure, but I wonder if there’s precedent for a commenter both completely hijacking a thread and also spewing over half of the comments posted?

Make it 9 of 14.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Cant stand(SH)his trying to imitate other voices and then says
he’s pretty good at it. He’s not that good.

Probably the most or one of the most Pro-American voices on the
radio and his TV show. Just can’t take his whining and repeating
of everything he talks about. Over and over. AHHHHHHHHHH

Texyank on April 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM

M wife can’t won’t listen to him

Texyank on April 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Pray for me on this next disclosure. When I leave work in the Chicago-south area late afternoon, I used to flip on Michael Medved on 560 WIND for the drive home. As much of an infuriating RINO squish as Medved is, he’s smart and entertaining and sometimes conservative.

WIND changed owners and the new people replaced Medved with … Hannity. Ugh. So now there’s a liberal jackass on WLS, a couple of gay/liberal jackasses on the sports talk show, and Hannity.

I turn on my iPod.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

M wife can’t won’t listen to him

Texyank on April 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Bless her. Mine neither.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Just can’t take his whining and repeating of everything he talks about. Over and over. AHHHHHHHHHH

Texyank on April 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

AAAAaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Exactly.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM

What’s your take?

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Sorry so late back to the thread, was cooking up a huge pot of spaghetti for dear ol’ mom.

I think Cliven is in the wrong. But it’s mushroomed to waaay more than a grazing dispute. It’s the Feds swooping in with snipers and armed agents, confiscating his cattle, all of the horrible overreach that led to Waco and Ruby Ridge.

John the Libertarian on April 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Medved comes on after El Rushbo. There’s no comparison.

John the Libertarian on April 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Ha.. the thank you note from the IRS.

You don’t even get a thank you note, you don’t even get a receipt.

Axion on April 15, 2014 at 11:06 PM

was cooking up a huge pot of spaghetti for dear ol’ mom.

John the Libertarian on April 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Atta boy. Mom loves spaghetti.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I mostly agree on all points. The insane Feds bringing fuc*ing snipers and armed militia out there was typically out of control. But I don’t want people shot on either side. I would, however, like to share my thoughts with the Fed O’Bozoite jackasses who decided to send the BLM shooters to that ranch.

Not cool.

Jaibones on April 15, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Remy is the Mark Steyn of rhyme.

itsnotaboutme on April 16, 2014 at 4:21 AM

Jaibones. MK thanks you for keeping the thread going.

There are some good explanations in the other threads about the ranchers and them getting screwed to benefit those in power. A person can feel powerless and frustrated against the bureaucrats but at least he didn’t climb a tower and start shooting people.

I fault the a$$es in Congress who don’t represent us but treat the institution as an old boys club.

Vince on April 16, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I understand that this was a tax dispute and the ranchers are terribly frustrated at the bureaucracy.

But it’s time for someone in Congress to haul the head of BLM in front of a committee hearing and get an explanation why ANYBODY in that agency carries a sniper rifle.

Regarding that guy on the radio, I have two criteria for when I change the station: 1) he begins advertising tonight’s TV show; 2) someone utters the phrase “great American.”
Needless to say, the station gets changed pretty quickly.

Galtian on April 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM

1/3? Hah! After property tax, sales, federal/state income, gas, and pay roll taxes be glad you aren’t paying more than half.

jhffmn on April 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM