MSNBC host: The real target in the IRS scandal is … the IRS

posted at 7:40 pm on April 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

Just before I hit play at Mediaite, this floated through my Twitter timeline:

Good luck parodying this one. Evidently there’s no sin so grave that it can’t be forgiven at MSNBC in the name of making life more difficult for conservative 501(c)(4) groups. Doesn’t matter that Lois Lerner’s been caught daydreaming about working for Obama’s political org while pursuing audits of outfits like American Crossroads. Doesn’t matter that she shared info with a Democratic congressman about a right-leaning GOTV group that was targeted by the IRS. Doesn’t matter that filthy-rich left-wing outside groups like Priorities USA weren’t similarly hassled by the IRS, even though some big-name Democrats concede they’re just as problematic as righty Super PACs. And of course it doesn’t matter that Wagner herself is an alum of the Center for American Progress, which has — or should have — its own problems under the 501(c)(3) rules. Lois Lerner’s sin, if she committed any sin, was being too zealous in trying to slay the dragon of Citizens United.

American politics must be purged of the influence big money holds over it. Let’s start with penny-ante tea-party groups and work our way up from there. Click the image to watch.

aw1

Comments

IRS

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Alex Wagner has never been smart, and always a scumhag.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Well, she does have a rather unique, er, interesting, er, novel point there.

Oy.

How the hell could you parody this?

More seriously, liberals have no problem with the IRS targeting these groups because they think they should be targeted. What’s the big deal?

SteveMG on April 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM

“Koch Brothers’ dough stinks but Soros’ money smells like violets and roses” — Harry Reid

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM

The corrupt Cummings encouraged the IRS to do what they did/do.

He has lost all credibility.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Lerner’s biggest problem was going after Rove’s group before she fully eliminated her’s and Rove’s common enemy.

Steve Eggleston on April 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

MSNBC host: The real target in the IRS scandal is … the IRS

What else is new??

CPRforAmerica on April 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM

You don’t do that by turning one of the most feared and powerful arms of the government against PRIVATE citizens, who are exercising their constitutional rights.

I guess Alex Wagner won’t mind if the politicisation of the IRS goes on and, if a Republican is ever elected POTUS, he or his minions use it as a political weapon.

Gee, I wonder if Ms Wagner will be speaking so freely and loudly if she becomes a target of the IRS.

The law doesn’t have a specific concern for the possibility of chilling effects for nothing.

I no more want Alex Wagner tortured by the IRS than Catherine Engelbrecht. Sadly, Ms Wagner doesn’t seem to understand that her rights may one day be affected because she has cheered on this. the most outrageous use of the IRS in American history.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM

You forget the goal of that intimidation is to ensure that the script is never flipped.

Steve Eggleston on April 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Yeah, but Dingy has some of that stink on him. He accepted Koch money.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM

These creatures are only going to understand one thing, and that is pain.

Every single Republican-controlled state should systematically audit and destroy every registered Obama Party member and every single business or individual that donated to Obama.

northdallasthirty on April 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM

A mind is a terrible thing to lose. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.

VorDaj on April 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Steve Eggleston on April 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Goals are, er, ‘goals.’

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM

This woman’s IQ is below 80

Whitey Ford on April 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Sympathy por el diablo?

iwasbornwithit on April 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

This woman’s IQ is below 80

Whitey Ford on April 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Then she meets the requirement to get an ObamaPhone. Just barely though as the cut off is 85.

VorDaj on April 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Call him a thief, call him a crook,
Youll never get back what the magpie took.
Call him a raven, call him a rook,
Youll never get back what the magpie took.

Willys on April 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

MSNBC seems to have an endless supply of brain-dead bimbos.

bw222 on April 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM

What are they doing talking about the IRS? They should really be focusing on bridgegate.

tommer74 on April 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Skag.

Jaibones on April 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Are we sure that MSNBC isn’t a parody network?

rbj on April 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Wagner is a perfect example of why dumb liberals need equal pay.

Rovin on April 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Welcome to our Brave New World. Up is down. Good is bad. Left is Right. The IRS is the Victim. Geez!

vnvet on April 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Do you think she knows where the Washington Monument is?

iam7545 on April 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Call him a thief, call him a crook,
Youll never get back what the magpie took.
Call him a raven, call him a rook,
Youll never get back what the magpie took.

Willys on April 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

If some way of punishing the criminals in government is not found, the government loses it’s legitimacy, and the consent of the governed. The People will either have to resort to arms, or accept a criminal government.

VorDaj on April 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Are we sure that MSNBC isn’t a parody network?

rbj on April 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Just profoundly retarded.

VorDaj on April 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM

No matter how nicely she asks , I`m not getting in the box car….

ThePrez on April 10, 2014 at 8:13 PM

At the risk of being catty, someone has gotten by on their looks their whole life.

Cindy Munford on April 10, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Perhaps MSDNC is where they have tryouts for The Onion?

But seriously … I gather this commentator has S4B (Shiite For Brains).

Missilengr on April 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Do you think she knows where the Washington Monument is?

iam7545 on April 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Port St. Lucie?

Conservative4Ever on April 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Finally….

Science you can use.

BobMbx on April 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Not as bad as CNN’s breaking news today that flight MH370 lost altitude and went down somewhere.

Conservative4Ever on April 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM

“In my mind, the IRS, who was trying to get this out, they were the ones that have been actually targeted in this whole investigation.”

Alex Wagner, bless her heart, thinks she has a mind.

Let’s review the facts here. Lois Lerner tried to dismiss this scandal by planting a question in a teleconference where she admitted, gosh darn it, a few rogue employees in Ohio acted inappropriately. It didn’t work.

I repeat for the idiots in the audience. The IRS was not trying to get this out, they were the ones who actually targeted Americans based on the fact they didn’t support the regime. You don’t have to be a conservative to be chilled by that fact.

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM

What???? When did that happen?

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM

What’s next for these clowns??!!

Potential headlines:

Poor Ted Bundy, so persecuted.

Adolf Hitler: target of the holocaust

kpguru on April 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

The stupid is strong in this one. Listen we must. Think we should not.

NeoDawg on April 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

And, don’t forget WHY she had that question planted. The IG was about to release his report. She tried to get ahead of the story by insincerely apologising.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM

MSNBC – “We have a vested interest in the success of this administration”.

GarandFan on April 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Do you think she knows where the Washington Monument is?

iam7545 on April 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

No, I sincerely do not think she knows who George Washington was, let alone where the Washington Monument is located. She went to Brown University. Not Harvard stupid but one of the Ivies nontheless.

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Yep. Crocodile tears and pretending that it was rogue employees acting on their own.

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM

MSNBC seems to have an endless supply of brain-dead bimbos.

bw222 on April 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I don’t know if she is brain dead but remember she is just saying what she is told to say. I have often said that MSNBC isn’t a news channel. It’s a reality show. Emphasis on the show. Anybody who believes this stuff probably believes wrestling is real.

crankyoldlady on April 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM

The corrupt Cummings encouraged the IRS to do what they did/do.

He has lost all credibility.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM

The credibility ship sailed long before this incident.

Wendya on April 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Jimmy Carter: Pant Suits Kinda Sucked As Secretary of State…

He would know.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Given that Jimmy Carter had Secretary of State Cyrus Vance and National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski…. Not somebody whose opinion I care about.

Those who are nearly 90 are like children. Speak only when spoken to.

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Wagner: “Why is this rope around MY neck, I’m one of you!”

Bishop on April 10, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM

That reminds me of local coverage of a small plane crash in Atlanta years ago where the newscaster said, “The crash was immediately preceded by a sudden loss of altitude”.

Yep, they were trying to get it out alright. Out of the spotlight, out of the press, out of Congressional hearings. They are targeted now (sort of) because of their malfeasance. Oh, and Alex, the correct phrase is: Out of my mind. Sheesh, another MSDNC contortionist personality.

ghostwalker1 on April 10, 2014 at 8:59 PM

They remind me so much of Soviet “journalists” like Vladimir Posner and others who would come on US media outlets back in the 80s and tell the damnedest lies with a straight face.

ddrintn on April 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I’m glad I don’t have cable. It would be useless with a smashed smoldering tv set.

wolly4321 on April 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM

This poor, stupid bint. Behold the fruit of Progressive education.

rrpjr on April 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM

LOL…

d1carter on April 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Elijah Cummings spending the night in the office, shredding and deleting….

d1carter on April 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM

This woman’s IQ is below 80

Whitey Ford on April 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

We have already established the fact that she is a Democratic.

slickwillie2001 on April 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

We don’t need a comedy show to parody MSNBC, they do it so well themselves.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Well, CNN did have that awesome chyron noting the Boeing 777s lose altitude when the fuel tanks are empty.

mankai on April 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

You all know… that in the bible, the Lord tells us that toward the end of this world system, the crazy would be strong in those who have not an ear to hear.

Well, I’m paraphrasing here of course.

44Magnum on April 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Alex Wagner smiles a lot when she talks sh!t. I think it means, “I am cute and I can’t believe I am being paid to say these things on subjects I know nothing about, but I get a lot of attention from viewers who say I’m wonderful and pretty, so I must be wonderful. And I am hot.”

Nomennovum on April 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

jaywemm on April 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Nomennovum on April 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

That is exactly my impression too. Even the guest seemed to think so.

Only on MSNBC can you find someone defending the IRS for targeting free speech.

old school on April 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Alex Wagner, bless her heart, thinks she has a mind.

Happy Nomad on April 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Beat me to it.

“In my mind…” is the height of arrogance.

Where in heck does MSNBC find these troglodytes?

fred5678 on April 11, 2014 at 3:15 AM

This is the most egregious statement since 1939 when Germany announced it had been invaded by Poland was was ‘responding’.

MaiDee on April 11, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Then and only then will this psychotic cultist recognize that what is going on is wrong. northdallasthirty on April 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM

We don’t need that. We just need fairness. Try to imagine an electoral system where there was absolute fairness and no corruption. (I know, I know…) Which side would be hurt the worst?

Akzed on April 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I wish I could come up with something witty or something serious about this I am just at a loss for words. Seriously, what would prompt someone to say something so stupid and unworthy of the facts. jaywemm on April 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Can’t wait until Colbert makes mincemeat of this moron.

Akzed on April 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Wow, what a dimbulb.

Ward Cleaver on April 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM

So the wife of the President’s personal chef goes on TV and defends the Administration. I’m shocked………….shocked, I tell ya!

Yeah, you read that right. She’s married to the President’s personal chef. No conflict of interest there, eh?

IrishTexan on April 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM

And I know someone jockeying for that position; trying to get publicity as the parody-satire leftist.

Mike Dickinson

What? You think his campaign is REAL?

He’s running a campaign in Virginia, and who is he attacking?

The Tea Party, Fox News, and the NRA to start:

Then add in all Christians:

If your first move is to alienate and attack APPROXIMATELY 90% of the voting base; the goal can NOT be to win an election.

He has to be a parody… doesn’t he?

I mean he really can’t be THIS stupid and be in an election, can he? This has to be a prank for PR and nothing else, doesn’t it?

gekkobear on April 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM