Cummings accuses Issa of “McCarthyism” just before Issa accuses Cummings of possible collusion with the IRS

posted at 6:01 pm on April 9, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

Darrell Issa and Elijah Cummings, House Oversight Committee chairman and ranking Democrat, respectively, aren’t exactly known for their intra-party camaraderie, especially seeing as how Cummings has continually derided the ongoing investigation into the IRS’s scandalous targeting of conservative groups as nothing more than a hyper-partisan fishing expedition — but this just got real.

Funnily enough, just this morning Cummings’ office released a report that seems to focus mainly on comparing Issa’s investigative activities to those of the late Sen. Joe McCarthy as a similarly “disgraceful stain on our nation’s history”:

As Issa, a California Republican and the Oversight chairman, pushes for former IRS official Lois Lerner to be held in contempt for invoking her Fifth Amendment rights not to testify before the committee, Cummings’s office is releasing research Wednesday showing the majority of the previous times Congress took such a step were during McCarthy’s investigations.

“We oppose Chairman Issa’s efforts to recreate the Oversight Committee in Joe McCarthy’s image, and we reject his attempts to drag us back to that shameful era in which Congress tried to strip away the constitutional rights of American citizens under the bright lights of hearings that had nothing to do with responsible oversight and everything to do with the most dishonorable kind of partisan politics,” said the report for committee Democrats, which was released early to POLITICO Pro Tax.

Yes, most original. This afternoon, however, Issa sent a letter over to Cummings’ office containing some distinct questions about emails revealing Cummings’ past communications with the IRS, raising “concerns that that the IRS improperly shared protected taxpayer information with [Cummings'] staff” which “surreptitiously” coordinated with the agency to request that information, specifically about conservative organization True the Vote. Issa’s letter makes for some well-timelined and skim-able reading, and here’s NRO‘s summary:

E-mails unearthed in the course of Issa’s investigation into the IRS’ inappropriate targeting of right-leaning groups show that in August 2012, a member of Cummings’s staff contacted the IRS asking for any publicly available information on True the Vote. The matter was discussed by IRS officials including Lois Lerner, the former exempt organizations chief who retired in the wake of the targeting scandal. and one of Lerner’s deputies, Holly Paz, subsequently sent the organization’s 990 forms to Cummings and his staff. The correspondence does not indicate, however, whether the action the IRS took with relation to True the Vote was prompted by the request from Cummings’s office.

Nonetheless, Engelbrecht’s True the Vote received a letter from the IRS with inquiries that agency officials have testified were unprecedented in its scope. Cummings’s letter contained questions that closely mirrored those posed by the IRS, and Issa details them in his letter, strongly implying that one was modeled on the other.

Oh, snap. As Issa noted in his letter, Cummings has previously denied that his office “made any inquiries to the IRS” that “may have led to additional scrutiny,” and Issa just extended a very public invitation for Cummings to explain himself. In the meantime, the Lerner contempt vote is scheduled for tomorrow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

It’s official.

I am afraid for the Republic.

65droptop on April 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Dayum!

Theworldisnotenough on April 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Means nothing, Issa is as corrupt as they come, this will only come to something if the Democrats are stupid enough to not give into whatever demands for his own profit Issa makes.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Hey, Elijah, what about the Constitutional rights of the groups targeted by the IRS?

Bitter Clinger on April 9, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Cummings had to take the short bus to school because he’s a Slois Lerner.

Flange on April 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

That’s just pure punishment, Flange.

On a serious note, I just knew something was amiss when Cummings threw his tantrum. In my gut I knew it was getting close to him. Now the truth is out.

John the Libertarian on April 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM

There is a huge race card about to be played. Huge!

Mark1971 on April 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Yeah, I’m sure it was mere coicidence. /

Actually, “McCarthyism” is probably an apt term since McCarthy was right and we now know that over 300 Soviet spies were allowed to infiltrate the government in his era.

I wonder how many Marxists have infiltrated our current government? It would be quicker to count the non-commies at this point.

Kataklysmic on April 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I’d like to know why Boehner won’t create a select committee?

idesign on April 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Cummings had to take the short bus to school because he’s a Slois Lerner.

Flange on April 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Ok, Hot Air needs to come up with sound effects for Flange comments. :-)

Puns rule.

hawkdriver on April 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I’d like to know why Boehner won’t create a select committee?

idesign on April 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Because he’s too busy fighting to secure our southern border.

Mark1971 on April 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM

If we are not able to get a handle on the cesspool of corruption and lawlessness in Washington, this nation is doomed.

We’re already to the point of having to burn the place down to get rid of the stench.

Meople on April 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Time for another WWF style tirade for Cummings to distract the media from his crimes.

forest on April 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Cummings has become a national joke.

Schadenfreude on April 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I don’t normally do this, but Erika, please re-write this sentence:

This afternoon, however, Issa’s office sent a letter over to Cummings’ office with some their own report detailing some distinct questions about emails dating their past communications with the IRS, raising “concerns that that the IRS improperly shared protected taxpayer information with your staff” and “surreptitiously” coordinated with the agency to request that information about True the Vote, via NRO:

MustLoveBlogs on April 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Issa is a joke too.

Schadenfreude on April 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Crap, I love you guys at Hot Air. But, please, take a second to proofread!

azkag on April 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Another corrupt black DEMOCRAT politician. They seem to be as common as fleas on a dog.

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I suppose you have some basis in fact for that accusation of corruption directed at Darrell Issa? Care to share with us, Oscar??

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Cummings is a crook. End of story.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Cummings and his staff are furiously looking for a way to make this a racial issue…

rmkdbq on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM

He used to be my Congressman, I knew him personally, he ripped me off for $5500.00. I speak from personal experience with him.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Cummings has become a national joke.

Schadenfreude on April 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

C’mon… that’s all Democrats with a national recognition factor… jokes.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:26 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Me too!! He stole my car.

BigWyo on April 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM

… he ripped me off for $5500.00. I speak from personal experience with him.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

That’s the tip of the iceberg. Who do you think we are, HMS Titanic?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:28 PM

No wonder Cummings has been throwing hissy fits throughout this investigation.

supernova on April 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Race card to be played BIG TIME in 3… 2… 1…

UnderstandingisPower on April 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Issa, questioning the honesty of a man who walked at Selma is obviously a RAAAAAAAAAACIST.

dirtseller on April 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Cummings colluded with the IRS. Yeah?! So? Black Democrats can do anything they want.

oldroy on April 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM

At this point isn’t Cummings continued presence on the panel a conflict of interest, just sayin.

Sven on April 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hmmm. Could Cummings share a cell with William Jefferson?

22044 on April 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM

he ripped me off for $5500.00.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

How so?

Mimzey on April 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Meople on April 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I found out last night just how prevalent this attitude is and how many people are willing to see it start. It is astounding. The People are ready, not kidding.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Me too!! He stole my car.

BigWyo on April 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me, before he was a congressman he was a dishonest Used Car Salesman.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Hmmm. Could Cummings share a cell with William Jefferson?

22044 on April 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM

That’s William Jefferson, DEMOCRAT, Louisiana, mind you.

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Get ready for Elijah Cummings to start the “I marched with Dr King!” claptrap.

portlandon on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Used Car Salesman.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Used Cars… I love that movie. A belly laugh every five minutes.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

That’s William Jefferson, DEMOCRAT, Louisiana, mind you.

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

22044 on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM

The blacks elect the loudest, stupidest and most corrupt from among them. It’s part of the culture of no responsibility they engender towards their community. Easier to blame whitey. The same whitey Jay Z & friends consider a devah, an ‘errant child’.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

How so?

Mimzey on April 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

My partner and I plumbed his office building when it was built, when we were done, he straight up refused to pay. He screwed all of the subcontractors who worked on the building the same way.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Cummins plays the race card within 24 hours.

Theworldisnotenough on April 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM

How many race cards are in a deck? I would think they’d have all been played by now.

MaxBC on April 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Get ready for Elijah Cummings to start the “I marched with Dr King!” claptrap.

portlandon on April 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

So did the “reverend” Jesse Jackson but he’s still a race baiting grifter SCUMBAG with a CONVICTED FELON for a son.

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM

MaxBC on April 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM

57?

ConstantineXI on April 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM

OT – “vocanic“, heh.

Schadenfreude on April 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Coming from a member of a party currently calling law-abiding businessmen ‘un-American,’ Cummings can f’off. Talk about ‘McCarthyism.’ BTW, read Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America’s Enemies by M Stanton Evans and then get back to me. The Left can’t hide behind the Iron Curtain any longer. The Venona Papers, the Stasi documents, the Russian archives prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that McCarthy was more right than wrong.

I betcha Cummings thinks SENATOR McCarthy ran HUAC, too. **eyeroll**

And, I betcha that he doesn’t know that one of the original ‘founders’ of HUAC, Rep Samuel Dickstein (D-NY) WAS a reliable agent for the Soviets for years.

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Kind of how the ‘rats stiffed whoever paid for the convention in Charlotte?

Personally, I always turn down work from something that strikes me as a ‘rat voter. I know they don’t have the money anyway.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Cummings had to take the short bus to school because he’s a Slois Lerner.

Flange on April 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

good one :O

burrata on April 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Kind of how the ‘rats stiffed whoever paid for the convention in Charlotte?

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I was much younger and had never met a congressman before, didn’t realize how many of them were crooks. You live and learn.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Ok, Hot Air needs to come up with sound effects for Flange comments. :-)

Puns rule.

hawkdriver on April 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Thanks, and here you go.

Flange on April 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM

There is a reason I keep calling the Democrat Marxists pretending to be Democrats. It’s because so damned many of them are exactly that, Marxists pretending to be Democrats.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Proving my point…

Since March, Dems Have Mentioned “Koch Brothers” A Staggering 117 Times On The Senate And House Floor…

The “Koch brothers”—who run Koch Industries, the Kansas-based firm that Forbes ranks as the second-largest private company in the United States—went unmentioned on the House and Senate floors between February 1998 and December 2010.

But in March 2014, their names were called out 79 times—and no one cited them more than Reid. Already, the Koch brothers have been name-dropped 38 times in April. [...]

The volume of the Democrats’ Koch brothers messaging is cranked so high that its rise rivals congressional mentions of Russian President Vladimir Putin, even amid the incursion into Crimea and the international standoff over Ukraine. In fact, so far in April, Sunlight’s data show that “Koch brothers” has been said more than “Vladimir Putin.”

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Live and learn.

Consider your ‘reparations’ paid in full.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM

If I read Issa’s letter correctly, he is saying that the copy of the e-mails sent to Cummings aides he received from the IRS had redacted lines of sensitive tax payer information.

Are we to assume that those lines were NOT redacted when they were originally sent to Cummings aides?

If so, then the IRS and Cummings could be in serious trouble. If only we had a free press.

dirtseller on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

We still love you…

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Just add it to the pile of people Holder will never prosecute. When members of the government act with impunity because they know they will never be prosecuted, when the chief prosecutor of the government refuses to prosecute those who share his political party, There is no rule of law anymore. There is no republic.

tdarrington on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

If only we had a free press.

dirtseller on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

That ship was mutinied long ago.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Oh my…. I suspect Issa’s been holding that card for a while. Tomorrow’s hearings ought to be interesting.

2nd Ammendment Mother on April 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Live and learn.

Consider your ‘reparations’ paid in full.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I would…. IF any of my ancestors had ever owned slaves… they however did not.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM

My partner and I plumbed his office building when it was built, …

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

What were your results: “Yep, the sides are vertical!”
On the other hand, mechanics lien plus allowed statutory interest plus public exposure… done any of that?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

So, did you file a Mechanic’s Lien against the building?
If not, why not?

And as I remember Issa from my time in San Diego, he wasn’t a “used car salesman”, but an entrepreneur who made his loot manufacturing and selling car alarms under the Viper brand-name.

Another Drew on April 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM

We still love you…

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Love you, too. :-)

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM

2nd Ammendment Mother on April 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Issa does nothing that do not personally profit Darrell Issa. If he is pulling this out now, it’s because he either didn’t get something he wanted, or believes he can use it to get something he wants.

Ask yourself, why nothing came of the Operation Fast and Furious investigation Issa held?

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

So the Democratic Party can break every law imaginable and get away with it? After all Eric Holder is still around.

Must be nice being a Democrat where breaking the law is simply expected of you.

Varchild on April 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Making up for lost time…that’s cool.

CW on April 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Subcontractors? Do you mean you contracted with someone other than Mr. Issa? And I would assume you went to court over the matter. What happened. Before you answer, he was MY congressman as well, and I am familiar with the griping about his office. But please explain the ‘corruption’, Oscar. We are really interested…

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I would…. IF any of my ancestors had ever owned slaves… they however did not.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Doesn’t matter. You are whitey.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Another Drew on April 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Yes, we tried filing a Mechanic’s Lien against the building, it was dismissed in court.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Another Drew on April 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Oscar is doing a bit of embellishing, my friend.

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Making up for lost time…that’s cool.

CW on April 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

It was the ‘kiss my a88′ part that got hung up in the sensor.

Resist We Much on April 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Put Lerner in jail but make a deal that if she outs Cummings and the Dems she will get immunity or some such. Time to play hardball Issa!

neyney on April 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:50 PM

And what was the reason for the dismissal, Oscar??

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM

We contracted directly with Issa, we were Subcontractors in that we were not employes of the firm that built the building. Issa had a huge disagreement with them and fired them before the building was complete.

As for the corruption, no, you really aren’t interested, you are full of shiite…

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I already know how Representative Cummings will respond:

“RACIST!!!!”

Socratease on April 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:50 PM

And what was the reason for the dismissal, Oscar??

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Why don’t you tell us Darrell. Surely you remember.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

You gotta be kidding!
We actually have been asking Holder and his lackeys for reasons why they have been withholding information and guess what? Executive privilege or foreign relations or some such BS. You know, all those reasons why you and your ilk kept berating the Bush administration while refusing to castigate the Øbama “administration” (otherwise known as the “ship of thugs”)..
Jackass.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM

In other words, you have nothing to back your claim of corruption, and you won’t offer a reason why your case was dismissed in court. But I’m the one who is full of shiite. That about right, Oscar??

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I am forced to conclude that Issa is not really interested in “getting to the bottom of this”. He likes grandstanding for a few hours every 3-4 months, but has no intention of finding wrongdoing in this or any other case.

At this point, he is just as guilty as the IRS in illegally harassing the 501cs. His determination to drag this out and never find punishable behavior that is obvious to everyone, makes him part of the problem; not the solution. I see no other way to interpret his actions.

Nothing will happen to Cummings or Holder or Lerner or Schulman …..

This reminds me of big time wrastlin’ when Greg the hammer Valentine pulled brass knuckles out of his shorts and clocked Ric Flair. Everyone saw it. But somehow, the referee (Issa) happened to look away and miss the cheating. The entire arena was screaming bloody murder. The TV audience was shouting at the television. The ref just shrugged and proceeded to count Ric Flair out.

kpguru on April 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Why? Lack of standing, lack of evidence, lack of written contract…? What?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Why don’t you tell us Darrell. Surely you remember.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM

You should just admit it, and quit while you are behind, Oscar. You made a false charge…tried to cover it with a lie…and now you expect me to answer for you?? Lying gasbag.

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM

This reminds me of big time wrastlin’…

kpguru on April 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM

What’s “kp?” Kitchen Police? You’re pretty funny but not relevant.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Why? Lack of standing, lack of evidence, lack of written contract…? What?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM

My guess is he thought he was dealing with someone honest and didn’t file a notice to owner before commencing and the judge threw it out on those grounds. That defense wouldn’t fly here in Florida.

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM

And what was the reason for the dismissal, Oscar??

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Oh, I get it… the court was related to Issa… right?

….
…..
….

Give us the real reason for dismissing a puny old Mechanics Lien… it’s a lien, not a criminal matter! Damn!

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM

If you have nothing to hide and if you have done nothing criminal,
why TF are you so scared of this Oversight Committee jackazz ? How does it matter if this committee is imaged after McCarthy or Nuremberg trials ?

burrata on April 9, 2014 at 7:07 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM

bimmcorp on April 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I did not lie, and you are a douche bag. Nor am I the only person who has had similar experiences with Issa.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I’m sure you do oppose it, since McCarthy’s investigations were incredible effective at finding what it was looking for (communists working in sensitive areas of the federal government). I’m sure you oppose Issa finding what he’s looking for since it seems as if your office is guilty of wrongdoing.

Erika, I think one sentence in defense of McCarthy would have been appropriate. Maybe an update?

blink on April 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM

McCarthy’s head would be exploding if he were alive today to see the number of Communists, along with Marxists and Socialists, infesting ALL 3 branches of the Federal Government.

The dirty little secret is that McCarthy was absolutely right in his concern, because today, we’re living it.

Meople on April 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM

What did Elijah Cummings know and when did he know it…?

d1carter on April 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Yup, pretty much.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Ever heard this one: Ignorance of the law is no excuse? I bet “lack of notice” has remedies, too. What do you think?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM

This is why you should avoid personal attacks if you can. Issa who is not exactly, “Mr. Aggressive”, and lets face not exactly, “Mr. Tea Party”, is now motivated not by party or ideology, but personally. This should put an end to all the rumors, if true, that he would drag his feat on this, because he was no fan of the Tea Party.

We can thank Cummings for that…

William Eaton on April 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Express, I’m glad you were amused. I thought wrestling was real until I turned 10; I realized it was all scripted. There were no good guys and bad guys. It was a business. The matches were scripted.

4 years ago I believed Issa was a good guy, Holder and Lerner were bad guys… Now I realize that they are all part of the same business and simply reading their scripts.

Hope this helps explain the relevance.

kpguru on April 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Lanceman on April 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Done work for Dick Cheney and local republican political types.

I didn’t get ripped off and they were pretty decent people.

cozmo on April 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Yup, pretty much.

oscarwilde on April 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

You had to rely on someone else to explain your legal difficulties? You are a nincompoop! Dummy.

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I already know how Representative Cummings will respond:

“RACIST!!!!”

Socratease on April 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM

And that is why every conservative worth his anything should already be prepared with a proper response…my personal favorite is:

“National Socialist!!!!”

Considering the education level of our congressmen, the Democrats may agree thinking that, “Socialism,” is cool right…

William Eaton on April 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM

We can thank Cummings for that…

William Eaton on April 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Inspiration comes from the oddest sources, doesn’t it?

ExpressoBold on April 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM

So what

Nothing is going to happen, it’s over for this country

Conservative4ev on April 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM