Holder to Louie Gohmert over contempt charge: “You don’t want to go there, buddy!”

posted at 2:01 pm on April 8, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via the DC, enjoy his peevishness while bearing in mind (a) this guy has been in criminal contempt of the House for nearly two years, with 17 Democrats having voted against him; (b) the contempt charge stems from a claim of executive privilege in refusing to turn over documents related to Operation Fast & Furious, exactly the sort of presidential secrecy that candidate Obama grumbled about vis-a-vis Bush; and (c) Holder actually lost a motion to dismiss the contempt charge in federal court last year, with the judge ruling that an unreviewable right of executive privilege would be an affront to the Constitution. Somehow, given all of that, Holder’s the one who’s ticked off here, not Gohmert.

Expect more of this before 2017, because it’s going to be a looong time before we get a final decision.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If a white AG said that to a black Congressman he would be impeached.

NYCMike on April 8, 2014 at 4:10 PM

No, I won’t call you a troll.

I’ll call you an idiot!

That right there shows you are most like a troll.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Make up your mind.

If Gohmert had slapped Holder around, it would have been 24/7 on the LSM about what a RACIST he is.

Don’t forget Joe Wilson calling Obama a liar, which has proven to be true.

He should have called holder a liar. But then the LSM would have called him a racist … again make up your mind.

If the Rs can’t get some real passion up to counteract holder’s fake passion after 6 years of this then… what diff does it make. I’m more than a little tired of all these show trials.

BoxHead1 on April 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM

actually calling another person a tin foil hat person pretty much argues that you were saying that it is a conspiracy theory in the lines of 9/11 truthers. You can try to walk it back all you like, but the fact is that you were saying that people who think that the Obama administration is using our spies to get dirt on his political enemies are nuts.
Yeah, I think you should go back to watching westerns… seems to me that alternate realities are where your head is.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Doesn’t take much to get Holder hot now does it?

Not surprised. Poke a liberal just a wee bit and you never know what’s going to come back at ya.

Louie should have intentionally provoked Holder just a little bit more…you never know… some of Holder’s pent up thuggery may have been fully exposed.

Republicans should play that game every chance they get.

lynncgb on April 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Whatever, little fella. Your “decorum” by the GOP sure serves us well

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Arnold,

Since you chose to adopt the name of a trained pig on a 1970′s sitcom, I’m assuming that you love to get into the mud and wrestle.

That is one way to go, and sometimes it is called for, especially if you’re working with a hog brain. Other times, it’s better to show that you’re more refined than a gangster-turned-AG that wants to a like a punk.

I don’t expect a little pig mind can understand that.

But I love the smell of bacon frying in the morning, so I think it’s time for one little piggy to run on home.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM

What does Contempt of Congress mean…?

d1carter on April 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Nothing in this country.

crankyoldlady on April 8, 2014 at 4:20 PM

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You’re a certifiable lunatic.

I do enjoy an occasional western, but we all know your head is. It’s a place that’s dark, dank and smelly.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I don’t ever pick a fight on HA. And I’m not going to here. Mostly because your insults (to Arnold and myself) are sort of silly.

Your point, I think, is that Ghomert is setting up holder for some future take down when it proves that holder continues to obstruct. I think the proof is in the pudding. And the pudding is years old, open, and curdling in the fridge.

My point is that the LIV watching that exchange saw one confident guy and one meek guy. It’s just that simple. Watch it again. You might be right about the 24/7 rascist thing. In which case, I guess we lose.

BoxHead1 on April 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Pat Caddell said this.

“I feel, without question, that there will soon be open warfare between the great vast majority of the American people and this self-perpetuating and self-aggrandizing ruling class that is willing to put their ambitions and power above a government of the American people”.

crankyoldlady on April 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

ya gotta luv louie!

unafraid, full of good humor, plain-talking common sense, good values, complete understanding of the constitution and the law, and absolutely un-intimidatable!

reliapundit on April 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

crankyoldlady on April 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I believe Pat is correct…it’s coming.

d1carter on April 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

You’re a certifiable lunatic.
ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Well feel free to show the evidence of that. I’ll be waiting.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Seems like the Congressman was quite civil while Holder got rather p*ssy. Of course Holder still didn’t explain when his dept will provide the documents.

katiejane on April 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Evidently Holder is relying on Obama for a future pardon.

GarandFan on April 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I keep hoping that these contempt of Congress charges are pending until Obama is out of office so that he can’t pardon him. But I’m not holding my breath.

dominigan on April 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

BoxHead1 on April 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Okay,

Let’s call a little cease fire then.

First of all, I’m not sure what Gohmert is trying to do as far as future take downs go. But, I do know that he can be pretty harsh when he wants to be.

If you look back at Ronald Reagan, he had a way of sounding nice while actually foisting his opponent on his own petard. I’m not saying Louie was doing that here, but I do know that to get down in the mud with Holder would have turned the whole thing into an LSM fun fest for several 24/7 cycles.

If I’m right about that (I’m not claiming I am), then it’s better to deprive the left of their ammo.

As far as LIV’s watching, I’m not too worried. The LSM will never show this clip of Holder acting like a thug, so they’ll never see it anywhere else if ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, etc. doesn’t show it.

Now, if Gohmert had got down and dirty with this disgraceful clown, that’s all the LIV’s would be seeing on their OBAMA-TV shows.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Watch what you doing there with finger, Buddy.

Techster64 on April 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM

You’re a certifiable lunatic.
ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Well feel free to show the evidence of that. I’ll be waiting.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

If it pleases the court, I enter all of astonerii’s previous posts on HA.

Judge: The evidence is compelling. I hereby sentence him/her/it to a life sentence of lunacy and idiocy. With time served, since he/she/it was dropped on its head at birth, the sentence is still life as an idiotic lunatic.

Next case…

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Arrogance in the most transparent ever Administration.
Maybe Holder will send the Black Panthers in to rough up the Congressman.
Reckoning Day will go for all the Obamanazis.

Krupnikas on April 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Holder and his contemporary gestapo (the justice department) will eventually get their due.

rplat on April 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Correction: Reckoning Day will come for all the Obamanazis. I have fantasies of seeing a Nürnberg-style tribunal for all these arrogant jerks.

Krupnikas on April 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

**note to all nazis -This is a long one (my last today) so it might be full of grammar/spelling errors. I can’t be grammarslutshamed so don’t try**

I’m not naturally a debbie downer and I recognize that it might be more important to keep republican morale up than to criticize all the time.

But it seems to me that the Dems survive and thrive by getting down and dirty. They never stopped battling. It seems to me that the Repubs put the brakes on. Especially after 2012. And , I know you labeled Astonerii as tinfoil… but I also go back and forth on this…

I wonder how we’ve gotten to this lawless place and whether there is something conspiratorial. A whole lot of people are starting to question the underpinning of our republic. I’m not in that camp but I could be swayed. You seem to have a natural trust of your party. And that might be the right way to be. But there is a good argument on both sides. And being a polite political opposition has never, until recently, been in our republic’s tradition. To me it seems totalitarian/corrupt. The public wants hard fought political debates.

This will be my last thought. I was gungho when the first round of hearings on the FF then IRS/Benghazi … were going on. It seemed so freaking obvious to me (AND EVERYONE) that something untoward was happening and that some bad guys would get caught. After all, Rice went on 5 shows promoting the youtube lie. Everyone saw her lie. Obama went on letterman. Hillary told the mother of a fallen hero that we’d get the video guy(paraphrasing).

The head of the NSA was caught lying under sworn testimony.

The body count rose in Mexico.

Louis Lerner pled the 5th(twice now). All those scumbag IRS bureaucrats came off as obvious weasels in the hearing – TO EVERYONE dem and repub alike.

OBAMACARE is a proven lie….

To me, the GOP has had plenty of ammunition to lead a full throated RUDE charge against this administration. Now that they have fumbled and mumbled for 5 years I’m frustrated.

BoxHead1 on April 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

So effectively you have nothing.
You accuse people of being crazy for thinking that the government that has been proven to be spying on ordinary citizens would not be spying on their political enemies.
Seems to me you do not have all your marbles there.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Hearty laughter in the face of public arrogance is often devastating…would have made for good video coverage on C-Span, which still broadcasts entire hearings, not just 4 second sound bites.

DublOh7 on April 8, 2014 at 5:35 PM

BoxHead1 on April 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Even so, they likely can still count on you to vote for them. Welcome to catch 22 land.
If you do not vote for them, then the out and proud Marxists win the election and the country goes to hell.
If you do vote for them, you prove again, and again and again that they are allowed to be marginally to the right of the out and proud Marxists and the country goes to hell, but for this election cycle marginally slower.
Of course over the long run what we need are actual conservative people in Washington representing us. How do you get there from here? As the primary system proves, we cannot primary them out faster than they slide to the left. As people like Rubio prove you cannot trust that they actually are conservative and will not sell you out the moment they have incumbency.
Long run, we are better off letting the Marxists run the country and convince the Republicans that they will never have power unless they use that power representing us. Only when they find themselves kicked out of the car in the middle of nowhere will they start not taking us for granted. Because if we freely give them our vote for nothing, then that is exactly what they owe us, and we deserve to be taken advantage of and for granted.
There is a reason we never get government moving the way we want it to, we do not make that the condition for our support. If I am not presented with an acceptable candidate in the Republican party, from now on I will either write in an acceptable name or vote for an acceptable third party person.
This election cycle an acceptable candidate is one that absolutely will not sign on to amnesty.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Nothing in this country.

crankyoldlady on April 8, 2014 at 4:20 PM

….annnnddd BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

BigWyo on April 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I liked you better on Green Acres.

Maybe it’s time to go watch some old westerns on TV.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Maybe it’s time to go watch some old westerns on TV.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Whatever, little fella. Your “decorum” by the GOP sure serves us well

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Whatever, little fella. Your “decorum” by the GOP sure serves us well

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Arnold,

I don’t expect a little pig mind can understand that.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I take it you are against direct confrontation when offered, yet this exchange says otherwise. Inconsistent?

Bmore on April 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Its either that or you have some sort of Green Acres hangup.

Green Acres is the place to be,
Farm livin’ with those subsidies,
Land spreadin’ out so far and wide,
I’m in Manhattan and still get subsidized

New York is where I’d rather stay,
I just get richer getting paid,
I just adore a penthouse view,
Uncle Sam keep sending those revenues…

Probably Oliver Wendell Douglas was the last honest rich farmer we had. And then we had Mr. Kimball, the incompetent government “agricultural expert” always “helping” him out.

As far as Mr. Haney goes, please out current Resident of the White House.

It would be funny, if it wasn’t so sad…

ZeusGoose on February 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Fetish?

Bmore on April 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Keep voting lock step for them, they will continue to ignore you.
You have nothing to offer them. Absolutely nothing.
astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM

You are pretty desperate for human contact, huh…

You’re a certifiable lunatic.
ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Well feel free to show the evidence of that. I’ll be waiting.
astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Here you go, Evidence:

There were at least three other times we had smaller discussions. Maybe you should get a notepad and write this down. If the Republican nominee is Romney, then astonerii and his extended family will be voting for Obama.
astonerii on February 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The point of voting Obama is to try to prevent Romney from ruining the brand name.
astonerii on February 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I vote Obama if the only other choice on the ballot is Romney.
astonerii on October 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Me, I will convince my 28 member extended family to vote Obama and let the Democrats take the responsibility for the next four years.
You can b!tch and moan all you want about how unfair it is….
astonerii on January 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I will vote. It will not be for Willard Mitt Romney. If you cannot live with another 4 years of Obama, pity to you for being such a pathetically weak person.
astonerii on March 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I will actively vote against Romney, I will vote for the conservative in the Senate and House. […] I will not go third party, I will go for the throat and vote direct for Obama.
[...] Vote for Obama, vote for the conservative for congress. Got it.
astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I would vote Obama just to shut people like you up.
astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I will vote Obama if there is not a solid true conservative with enough backbone to reverse the direction of the nation.
astonerii on April 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I vote Obama if Romney is on the ticket. I will not go so far as to send a donation or put a sticker on my bumper, I never put stickers on my bumper, but I will vote.
astonerii on July 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I can vote for Obama. This gives the most value. I am young enough to fight in a civil war today and a decade or so more, thus if I vote Obama, and he can bring the collapse of the American dollar and our economy faster than the R, my vote for him gives me value.
[...] voting Obama if the primary voters decide to pick a progressive is my next best option.
astonerii on June 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Certified.

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

What does that show about my mental health? Pretty much nothing.

V7_sport thinks that he can change how Washington works by doing the same things that have been tried for several generations now. People have been doing it your way for a very long time.

What does that show about your mental health?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Hmmm.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

(b) the contempt charge stems from a claim of executive privilege in refusing to turn over documents related to Operation Fast & Furious, exactly the sort of presidential secrecy that candidate Obama grumbled about vis-a-vis Bush…

And the Bush equivalent to Fast and Furious was what?

David Blue on April 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

What does that show about my mental health? Pretty much nothing.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

LOL, voting for a socialist out of “conservative principles” is insane. Either you are a moby or you have a screw lose. I was actually being charitable.

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

*Loose.

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 6:23 PM

That Holder is not in prison is a travesty to the laws of the USA.

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Too big to jail?

friendlygrizzly on April 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Bmore on April 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Fetish?

Bmore on April 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM

To address your first post. No, I love direct confrontation. However, I learned early that you don’t wrestle with pigs or humans that like name themselves after ‘famous’ pigs.

I’ll admit that Green Acres was (and still is) a favorite show of mine. I wouldn’t call it a ‘fetish’. That sounds more like someone who is very afraid of direct confrontation.

Maybe you should Bmore confrontational and really pose a point, instead of posting old posts of mine, with a one word question/conclusion at the end.

Coward?

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

You do know who I voted for, right? You seem to have kept all my posts, so you should know and you should know exactly when and why I changed my tune. Yet you keep bringing this up. I understand that you cannot attack my ideals, so you go back and find something to attack about me from the past. It is understandable, it is what pathetic losers do.

Like I said, you advise doing the same thing that has been done for generations with respect to the GOP, yet you argue that you will get different results than the last 20 elections have given. Somehow you think that freely handing your vote to Republicans will make the GOP conservative. It is not how it works. That is not how you change behavior for the better.

The people elected to office are not our masters. They are our servants. They are sent to represent us. They currently do not represent us and they do not accomplish anything for us. So one of two things is true about you. You are insane or you do not believe what you say you do.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Coward?

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Don’t know you that well. Can’t say. Just an observation.

Bmore on April 8, 2014 at 6:37 PM

What does that show about my mental health? Pretty much nothing.

What does that show about your mental health?

Albert Einstein

Hmmm.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

A$$tonerii,

You summed up your mental health pretty well:

“What does that show about my mental health? Pretty much nothing.”

Thank you for finally agreeing that your mental health is “pretty much nothing.”

V7_sport and I (among many others) have your number, and it’s zero. Amazingly, that also matches your IQ.

If anyone keeps doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, it’s you!

You’re no Einstein, but you are insane.

Hmmmmm…..

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM

So Zeus. I ran all the way home saying, “wee, wee, wee”, like I was instructed to do.

Has the decorum by the GOP helped anything? We ever going to get to the bottom of FandF? Might have been nice of Mr. Goehmert to simply ask Holder, “Just where are the documents and cooperation you once promised.”

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Oh, look, a moron that is capable of taking something out of context. You are totally original, did you come up with that kind of deception on your own?

I do not count your opinion very highly. Most people do not.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Arnold,

Good questions.

Unfortunately, when we’re dealing with career criminals and liars like Holder, Obama, Jarrett, Lois Learner, et. al., no amount of pressure is going to make them tell the truth.

Look at the Nuremberg trials (or Al Capone). No amount of threats would make these Nazi/Chicago thugs spill their guts.

All, I’m saying is why get down and dirty, like they do, when the media is just going to smear anyone on the Right.

Not to further denigrate your screen name, but you probably know about the warning against wrestling with pigs.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I do not count your opinion very highly. Most people do not.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Finally, we agree!

Your opinions are like Charmin. Wipe it, then flush.

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM

“Buddy”???!!!? That form of address right there demonstrates the contempt Holder feels towards those who question his behavior?

onlineanalyst on April 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM

ZeusGoose on April 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Understand your point but crap like, “Obama’s a nice guy” or “Islam is a religion of peace” right after they slaughtered 3k people doesn’t work for me. Don’t expect pols to shout or curse but there are ways to make your point very sharply.

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM

What a freaking thug and punk Eric holder is. Just like his boss.

sadsushi on April 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM

In any other world this would be considered an open threat from the AG to the congressman.

In any other world the congressman might have responded firmly with “Well.. what are you going to do if I do go there? Is this a threat? Will you have me arrested? Will you have my family harassed? Will you pick up the phone and call the IRS? Because I am going to go there.”
Does anyone think for a minute that a Democrat would have taken that from a Republican AG?

The opportunity was lost. The Republican backed away and nearly almost seemed to want to say “Gosh.. I’m sorry.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if more Dems from this administration now start attacking Republicans directly during the hearings.

JellyToast on April 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

And the Bush equivalent to Fast and Furious was what?

David Blue on April 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I don’t recall its name right now, but the Bush program was done with the full knowledge and approval/cooperation of the Mexican government unlike the Obysmal/Holder Fast and Furious debacle. Also, the Bush program was halted BEFORE Obysmal took office.

onlineanalyst on April 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Holder is nervous…that’s why he lost it.

Drip…Drip…Drip…

workingclass artist on April 8, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Now that we see that the moron Eric Holder has a hot button there, Republicans should press it every chance they get.

slickwillie2001 on April 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I’ll give this one more shot, and then I’ll just link back to this post whenever you post that cr@p.
Yes, I get your argument, I reject it. It’s a rationalization for having a tantrum and cutting your own throat at the expense of the country. You have narcissistic delusions of standing on top of the rubble and saying “I told you so” or playing “red dawn” while it all goes to heIl, that’s all they are, delusions.

Voting isn’t the end of our responsibility to the republic. You vote for the best person you can get elected and then work to keep them accountable. You don’t just hold out for the perfect candidate or vow to stay home in a petulant tantrum because you haven’t been given everything you want by the efforts of others: You get off your crazy rear end and work to get the most conservative, electable, candidate through the primaries and then across the finish line into office and then, you work to keep them accountable while they are in office.
Staying at home or voting for democrats just brings about the worst for the country, which you have acknowledged and which you have stated is your objective when you advocate for electing socialists. You have stated ” if I vote Obama, and he can bring the collapse of the American dollar and our economy faster than the R, my vote for him gives me value.” which shows that you are rooting for collapse rather than working to avoid it, that makes you a traitor to the country for nothing more than some pipe dream of having some say in how the rubble will be put back together. It wont happen. All you are doing is cr@pping in your own nest and everyone else’s as well. Poetic justice would be making you live in the dystopia that you are wishing on everyone else, but that would involve letting the likes of you make your mess.
I choose to not vote to bring about the collapse of the country because I would rather go down fighting then help the vandals wreck what’s left. I’m not stupid enough to believe that you destroy something to save it. I’m not lazy enough to shirk my responsibilities and foist them off on better people. I’m not a loser. I’m not a moocher. I don’t want to run with them and legitimize what they do. I’m not a sick, lonely little thing who wants attention, and doesn’t care If I have to trash the country to get it.
I vote for the most conservative electable candidate, even if it’s Romney (gasp) because I would rather have the 20% fight than the 100% fight, meaning that I would rather have to just fight for what I advocate for 20% of the time rather than 100% of the time. Rolling over isn’t an option.
That’s what you have consistently missed.

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM

You keep saying holding them to account, how? Phone calls?

Hello, I am going to vote for you no matter what but I demand that you do this for me.
LOL!

What have they done for you?

Medicare part D?
The housing bubble?

That is what you have accomplished, NOTHING. You will keep getting NOTHING with your plan.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM

*claps slowly*

Saw you classifying asteronii as ‘insane’ for his comments.

Well, after having watched people like you – like me, until recently – insist that we had to vote GOP no matter what, if only because they’re slightly less bad than the Democrats, and we’ll hold their feet to the fire, etc… after having seen and in fact danced in that same kabuki for a few decades now, I see the reality of where we are. You can see it too, if you’d bother to take a moment to do so – decades of precisely your thinking has had *what* impact on the direction of the GOP?

Go ahead, Sisyphus, I’ll wait. Tell us how effective you/we have been. Tell us how successful you’ve been at f*cking that chicken – I mean, rolling that boulder up the hill. At best, you’ve gotten nowhere. In reality, you’ve helped the GOP understand that they can simply do whatever they want, put whoever they want on the ticket for any office, support any leftist cause they want because they know/hope they’ll be in charge of it someday… and you will – WILL – always vote for them anyway.

And by the way, please make your argument without arrogantly and ignorantly presuming you know shit about anyone here but yourself in terms of who they are, what they do or have done professionally, politically or historically. When your presume everyone but you is simply sitting around scratching their a$$es, well – you’re an ignorant f*cking a$$hole, my friend. So how about you start by not being that f*cking stuipd anymore, please. Thanks in advance for perhaps acknowledging that a great many people are disillusioned by a system they *have* been very active in, dedicated quite a bit of time and effort to over the years, and have come to a different realization than you have about what works and what doesn’t, rather than simply being a pompous pr1ck at every opportunity.

Midas on April 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Midas on April 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Very well said. Certainly made the point that many of us peasants feel.

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM

You keep saying holding them to account, how? Phone calls?

I have told you, over and over, you seem to need for me to repeat myself.

You can call them up, persuade them, ring their phone off the wall. Send them letters. Threaten to withhold money for their campaign war-chest. You can threaten to move your business out of their district. You can stop doing business with the people who support them. You can primary them. You can write editorials that influence their voters. You can protest and yes, you can vote for someone else who you think will represent you better if they stand a good chance of getting elected. There are a million ways to bring pressure to bear if you are credible, organized and sane.

“My side” hasn’t done this. Their side has. They have the grade schools, the press, the media, the pop culture, academia, and on and on. Now you want to surrender the political to them as the solution to them out working conservatives in every other arena. Make no mistake, -out working- is what they have done. I have seen it first hand in their get out the vote drive while “my side” sits on their ass and wallows in self pity and finger pointing, even dreaming of “patriotic collapse” and “voting for socialists out of conservative principles”. There is no conservative principle more fundamental then “work”. They are working toward a cohesive, self supporting system in a disciplined fashion and have been for decades, “we” are making excuses and indulging in fantasies.

Lighting your hair on fire and vowing to vote for democrats out of conservative principles in a full on temper tantrum because other people haven’t done the above to your satisfaction and openly hoping for the worst for the country is not going to fly anywhere outside of an online pi$sing contest with people who have too much time to kill. It wont “work”, it can’t work. It’s not a viable strategy for anything other than deliberately killing what’s left of the republic. (Which you have acknowledged is your objective.)

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Very well said. Certainly made the point that many of us peasants feel.

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

What was well said about that? Specifically?

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

“…In reality, you’ve helped the GOP understand that they can simply do whatever they want, put whoever they want on the ticket for any office, support any leftist cause they want because they know/hope they’ll be in charge of it someday… and you will – WILL – always vote for them anyway.

And by the way, please make your argument without arrogantly and ignorantly presuming you know shit about anyone here but yourself in terms of who they are, what they do or have done professionally, politically or historically. When you presume everyone but you is simply sitting around scratching their a$$es…. So how about you start by not being stupid anymore, please. Thanks in advance for perhaps acknowledging that a great many people are disillusioned by a system they *have* been very active in, dedicated quite a bit of time and effort to over the years, and have come to a different realization than you have about what works and what doesn’t.”

I agreed with that sir.

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM

IMHO, Goehmert didn’t push him hard enough. After the “Don’t go there, buddy” remark, Goehmert should have ignored his remark and continued pounding on about the contempt charge as if Holder had said nothing.

The angrier Holder got, the more threatening he would become, trying to gain the upper hand. Goehmert had the power, but relinquished it. Too bad, it would have made for great Constitutional drama.

AppraisHer on April 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM

None of that holds them to any account at all. As long as they own your vote you are not their customer. You have nothing to sell them. It is votes, votes are the ONLY currency in politics. Without them, they have no power. The rest of the stuff they buy with the power of the office.
You offer nothing. You can repeat all those things til the end of time every second of every day all you want. It does not hold them to account. The proof is in the results. A more regressive Republican party.

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I agreed with that sir.

arnold ziffel on April 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM

So you with the argument that I “will always vote” for the GOP, and, ironically, any argument I make should be made “without arrogantly and ignorantly presuming you know sh!t about anyone here but yourself in terms of who they are, what they do or have done professionally”…
Heh.

Whelp, you needn’t call me sir.
His characterization of my position is wrong. I have come to the conclusion, through months of pointless interaction invariably punctuated with laughable, impotent rage that he isn’t about solutions or coherent positions or anything other than expressing his frustration with as many 4 letter words as he can slip past the moderators. Agree or no, I haven’t found anything there to be persuaded by.

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

astonerii on April 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM

None of that holds them to any account at all.

I know that first hand to be untrue. Indeed, the fact that amnesty wasn’t passed proves you wrong.

It is votes, votes are the ONLY currency in politics.

I am not going to stay at home or vote for a democrat. Regardless, you are wrong. Money and opportunity moves politicians. I’m repeating myself again.

Lets cut to the finish here, you aren’t after fixing the problems, you want the collapse. You have said so. It’s pretty narcissistic of you.

As you jamb your fingers in your ears like a petulant child. I offer something far better than “civil war” and “the collapse of the dollar” etc. But that’s not what you want. Is there some part of you that recognizes that is crazy?

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

That should congressman gohmert…he’s earned butthead. Remember senator ma’am. The outrage over that

jaywemm on April 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I am sorry Mr. Gohmert, I can’t remember which lie I told you last time.

Sven on April 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM

The USA is a long way from collapsing. The Left all thought we were going to collapse in the 60s. Didn’t happen. We have people thinking this every single generation, but it doesn’t happen. The people hoping for that end up bitter in old age that it never happened. Someday the USA will be dissolved but it’s not something to look forward to. It will probably mean a Chinese soldier is pointing a bayonet at your children. Best thing to do, is try and build the country up, not tear it down.

cimbri on April 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Holder is despicable.
(Same comment, different thread. Said comment applies all too often to our beloved Obama Reginmates.)

Sherman1864 on April 9, 2014 at 12:53 AM

It’s called “reversing the presumption”, a technique by which you obfuscate the issue by feigning outrage when you are obviously guilty and have been called on it. It is also disrespectful insubordination. Stop with the threats and indict the man for Contempt of Congress already, He’s just another Chicago thug.

taterblade on April 9, 2014 at 6:13 AM

V7_Sport on April 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM

You offer no such thing. Your plan is the same one used for the last 30 elections. If not more. All along the way the party has moved leftward and allowed the Democrats to lurch leftward. The continuing decline gets you to those ends just as surely as anything else.

What is your plan to get the Republican party to move to the right and represent conservatives?

It is nothing. It is a steady decline. Maybe you are a coward and prefer to push the suffering onto the next generation rather than do the hard work today.

astonerii on April 9, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Huck Folder.

Nutstuyu on April 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

The office’s of President and DOJ are colluding to control the country by selectively enforcing and ignoring the points of law they feel are necessary to gain the control needed to undermine and control U.S.

A good historian can see the parts of civilization, essential to be put controlled under centralized power to create the Third Reich, and how the current Administration is set on creating the Fourth Reich.

The remedy is to remove the individual leaders and their supporters as was done to dismantle the Third Reich.

MSGTAS on April 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

The democrats of the Senate are protecting the most dishonest, corrupt administration ever.
But will they be able to buy enough votes from the ethnic voting blocks, and the don’t care, low info, free-stuff greedy voters to stay in power in 2016?

Chessplayer on April 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Frankly I’m amazed Holder still has this job…he should have been ousted a long time ago.

The outright arrogance of this entire administration is absolutely mind-boggling.

JetBoy on April 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

The office’s of President, IRS, EPA, Department of Education, DEA, … and DOJ are colluding to control the country by selectively enforcing and ignoring the points of law they feel are necessary to gain the control needed to undermine and control U.S.

MSGTAS on April 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Is that better or worse to a conservative than sites ranging all through the conservative media colluding to foist Romney onto the base in 2012?

Is that better or worse than the Republicans letting them do these things?

Of course, the Republicans are just watering at the mouth to actually abuse government in exactly the same ways when they gain power. Hence the reason they are not holding them accountable.

The Republican party can ignore the base as it is an owned rather than earned vote. The place for them to earn new votes is to the left.

astonerii on April 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

What an arrogant criminal Holder is. I wish you would point that finger at me Erik. I would break it off and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

F_This on April 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I think Louie was genuinely stunned and caught off guard.
It was one one those moments where one looks back and thinks I wish I would have said…….We all have them. I believe that with the next Holder encounter the Congressman will be better prepared.

diogenes on April 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

astonerii

What do you think is going to happen to the GOP if you are successful in divorcing conservatives from them? They will turn to the center to make up for the idiots who have made themselves irrelevant by splitting the party. That will drive the GOP left and leave conservatives nowhere to go.

Ask me again, the answer is still the same. Work. Get involved and push back. Conservatives need to do it on all fronts. Especially academia and the media.

Yeah, you are heroic or something for wanting to bring about the collapse of the country… all the way from your couch.

V7_Sport on April 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Which law enforcement agency would be tasked to enforce contempt charges against Holder? The US Marshals Service comes under the DOJ.

diogenes on April 9, 2014 at 2:50 PM

V7_Sport on April 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM

The only reason the phone calls worked is because I an others like me called them and told them point blank that if it passes they can kiss my vote goodbye.

You are like Obama’s foreign policy. I am going to write a sternly worded letter to you and if that does not change your behavior I got a phone and pen! And do not forget, I can unfriend you on facebook!

Cannot imagine why on earth the Republican party spends its time courting regressive lefties with their actual policies while only throwing a tiny bit of phantom red meat out there every now and again to the base.

astonerii on April 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM

V7_Sport on April 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Are you really this f^cking stupid? You actually wrote that thought out and never once even imagined how stupid it makes you sound?

The party is already turned to the center you freaking moron! Even with your lock step stupid voting, rather, because of.

astonerii on April 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM

astonerii on April 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Seeing as you vowed to vote for obama anyway you have already shown yourself to be unstable and unreliable. I doubt you called anyone, or did anything but rant here, ever. You seriously have a screw loose.

Read this:

cimbri on April 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM

That’s wisdom. Your thinking is infantile and pretty narcissistic. The idea that the GOP will know that you stayed at home because you were supposedly not satisfied or that you voted for obama because you were dissatisfied is crazy. As if you are this special little snowflake worthy of study and observation rather than a number on a spreadsheet. The deoocrats will take your vote without notice and the GOP will think you and the rest of the democrats voted that way because you believe in their policies, which you probably do.

The party is already turned to the center you freaking moron!

astonerii on April 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM

After 2 thrown presidential elections and at least 2 blown, winnable senate races… Yeah. When you do stupid a$s things like vow to vote for obama to deliberately bring about the collapse of the country or stay at home to nullify your vote you make it pretty easy to write you off.

V7_Sport on April 10, 2014 at 5:30 AM

V7_Sport on April 10, 2014 at 5:30 AM

You still have not answered how you change the behavior of the GOP. Like I already said, your precious phone calls only work when the politicians see votes disappearing. The only currency that you have against politicians is your vote. You have offered no rebuttal to this.

You can keep attacking my character all you want, it does not change the fact that I am right and you are wrong.

astonerii on April 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM

astonerii

You still have not answered how you change the behavior of the GOP.

I’t’s no good lying when the proof is up there:

Ask me again, the answer is still the same. Work.

I have, over and over. Read the link, idiot.

See, more than precious phone calls.

V7_Sport on April 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM

V7_Sport on April 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM

You keep making claims, but offer no evidence to back them up.
Show me the evidence that what you say to do works.
It does not.
the last 30 years is proof of it.
Unless you have something to back up your claim… Which you do not… Then like I said. What is your plan to change their behavior…

astonerii on April 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM