Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on April 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

The second mass shooting at Fort Hood in five years means it’s time to reconsider whether troops should be allowed to carry on base. GOP Rep. Michael McCaul says yes; he’s the lead guest this morning on both “Face the Nation” and “Fox News Sunday.” Former Joint Chiefs chair Mike Mullen and Gen. Peter Chiarelli will be on “Meet the Press” and “This Week,” respectively, to weigh in as well. First question for all of them, hopefully: If we’re not bothering to check whether people are bringing guns into military facilities, why not formally allow them to do so?

Elsewhere, David Gregory will ask businessman Shaun McCutcheon on “Meet the Press” whether he doesn’t feel terribly guilty about his big Supreme Court win this week, and if not, why not. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Too early.

CW on April 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Welcome to the Sunday Morning DNC Media Propaganda Shows! In this morning’s edition you will once again be treated to every version of the liberal philosophy in spades, and only if something goes very wrong will you hear the common sense of conservatism.

The shows will be arranged, staffed and conducted by liberals, with the obvious but not dramatic exception of Fox.

Let’s have a gander:

“Meet the Press” on NBC
• Shaun McCutcheon – plaintiff, McCutcheon v. FEC (N/A)
• Michael Mullen – Pentagon*
• John E. Sununu – conservative-ish
• Harold Ford Jr. – liberal, former CBC crook

“Face the Nation” on CBS
• Mike McCaul – Conservative!
• Dan Pfeiffer – Liberal

Fair enough. Two on one is a good day for conservatives.

“This Week” on ABC
• Claire McCaskill – Liberal
• John Carter – mostly conservative
• Peter Chiarelli – Pentagon
• Newt Gingrich – former conservative

“Fox News Sunday” on Fox
• McCaul – conservative
• Tim Kaine – liberal
• Liz Cheney – conservative

Fox rarely short-sheets us.

“State of the Union” on CNN
• Nancy Pelosi (D – Bellevue) – left-lunatic fringe
• Mike Rogers – RINO
• Dutch Ruppersberger – liberal
• Tulsi Gabbard – liberal
• Tim Murphy – RINO

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV
• Rogers – RINO
• Paul Ryan – former conservative, leader of Amnesty push

Notice the Strange New Respect afforded to these dorks; Ryan for not being a candidate and for his amnesty death-wish, and Rogers for resigning and a career as Morning Joe II.

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN
• Jason Furman – limousine liberal

“Al Punto” / Racist TV on Univision
• Joe Garcia – race-victim liberal

Ho hum.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hitting the road today. Have fun stormin’ the castle, boys!

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hitting the road today. Have fun stormin’ the castle, boys!

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for the list.

crankyoldlady on April 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Thanks for that excellent rundown.

BuckeyeSam on April 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Oui.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM

…The home of the Kook-Left, looking for plausible deniability. Also, a new category – Pentagon. Where self-interest and misdirection cloud the normal left-right view of motivations.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Ha! I never thought of it that way, just individual cases of military brass being lefties. But it does seem to be a trend.

Fenris on April 6, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hilarious list! This should be promoted to the original post.

22044 on April 6, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Ho hum.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Nicely done, thank you.

Franklin100 on April 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM

the army has itself to blame for this one, as we learn more
this poor spud had mental issues, the army solution was to drug him up
and now we find out the day of the shooting he was trying to get leave. And got jerked around by the personnel office,
I tell ya what I spent 23 years active and reserve and those guys in personnel in the HG get OFF jerking folks around that are out in the trench’s doing the dirty stuff, while they hang out 9 to 5 getting extra time off and giving each other promotions.

I think they just took a big smiley face dump on a guy on the edge and he LOST IT.
Bunch of HQ R.E.M.F’s that never been to the sandbox

sniffles1999 on April 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Indeed.

workingclass artist on April 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM

O/T Here, boys and girls. Put your thinking caps on for this one.

Cleombrotus on April 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Why the faux outrage that Sunday’s news shows are dominated by intelligent progressive Americans? The large majority of Americans (at least those with high school diploma) are naturally liberal.

Unfortunately, progressive Americans are often forced to keep their liberal views hidden…or risk losing their careers and being blacklisted by the perpetually angered neocons and the rightwing dominated media.

Luckily, we have a small handful of brave warriors, such as the honorable Senator Reid and the beautiful Congressman Pelosi to lead our party…to stand proudly and present the true essence of progressive Americans!

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

the army has itself to blame for this one, as we learn more
this poor spud had mental issues, the army solution was to drug him up

Bunch of HQ R.E.M.F’s that never been to the sandbox

sniffles1999 on April 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM

The drug this soldier was on reportedly to treat insomnia is highly addictive with serious side effects. Why was he transferred mid assessment from another base in Texas?

workingclass artist on April 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

… the honorable Senator Reid and the beautiful Congressman Pelosi …

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Now I know that you are Bishop’s sock puppet. Well done, Homophobe!

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I had to mute Timmy Kaine… former governor of Virginia. PU.

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I had to mute Timmy Kaine… former governor of Virginia. PU.

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Not watching. But I would have muted him too!

22044 on April 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Great stuff Jaibones its already making it’s way around the globe as we speak.

rodguy911 on April 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM
………….
Try and remember losertard that crack kills. Now stand away from the pipe and get back in line for your food stamps and obamaphone.

rodguy911 on April 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM

A gunman opened fire on the military post of Fort Hood, Texas, on Wednesday [April 2], killing three and injuring 16, before putting the gun to his head and killing himself, said at a televised news conference.

Members from the 720th Military Police Battalion, “Soldiers of the Gauntlet,” 89th Military Police Brigade, together with local civilian law enforcement agencies, conducted joint law enforcement training March 24-27 in Killeen in order to develop active shooter response techniques.
~

Ever notice that often when there’s one of these events these days there’s a drill going on just before or during it?

Just an observation.

Akzed on April 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM

rightwing dominated media.

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

docflash on April 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM

[Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM]

Thanks for that, Jaibones. I don’t usually look in on this advertisement for Politico. Do you do it every week.

Dusty on April 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I actually am starting to see the inherent truth in your comments, Frank. I get it now.

It really is tough to risk your career in the News Industry being liberal. Probably made even harder by the emergence and then mind-baffling domination of Faux News. The mere presence of the little furry Lie Channel prevents honest progressives from espousing some much needed opinion in news reporting. For fear of that hurting their networks rating, many have resorted to hiding opinion and merely report on facts of what happened in different events. How the heck did it come this far. Shakes head. Just look at the poor crew of patriots over at MSNBC. Their rating have fallen so low, they’re now able to play handball against the street curb on their breaks. Just the fact that they didn’t have the moral courage to follow through on hiring Alec Baldwin is all the proof I need that Faux-Mos need to go.

Why would it be so wrong to just outlaw the Fox News Network? And give us the chance to decide who is blogging opinions that better suits our agendas and advocacy goals and ban the rest. This is probably the clearest example I’ve seen in my life where the end really does justify the means and a few Conservative Journo-Nazis behind bars would do a lot to make the rest sit up and notice.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:48 AM

O/T Here, boys and girls. Put your thinking caps on for this one.

Cleombrotus on April 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I’ve sort of wondered how Vlad feels about Russian hotties in skintight next-to-nothing strutting their stuff. Considering his rhetoric, that is.

Either Putin is a world-class and extremely consistent bullsh!tter (not impossible considering his history at Dzerzhinsky Square), or else he is a student of Russian history who really believes what he’s saying. Or as Captain Rosselli said in The Sum of All Fears, “Either he’s telling the truth or he’s one smart f**kin’ liar”.

I call the odds about seven-four in favor of he means it. And if so, he’s unlikely to be deterred from doing what he says he will by economic sanctions.

Sanctions aren’t a big club against somebody who may just see himself and his country fighting for the survival of not just themselves, but their entire civilization.

And in that context, to borrow a couple of terms from our own Alinskyite left, Putin undoubtedly views Islam as “the near enemy”.

But at the same time, he views the West, or more exactly its progressive, collectivist, anything-we-want-goes-and-we’ll-kill-you-for-not-being-like-us “social leaders” as the “far enemy”.

That leaves everybody else right in the middle. Another term for that is “No Man’s Land”.

clear ether

eon

eon on April 6, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Now I know that you are Bishop’s sock puppet. Well done, Homophobe!

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Mocking great men doesn’t help. I’m dedicating all my efforts here to protect the commentary offered by Frank Lib and to disciple his causes.

Consider yourself on the list.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:48 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I think I saw Moran pitching pennies behind the Lincoln Memorial the other day.

Fenris on April 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Dusty on April 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Yes. Every week and we love it.

Cindy Munford on April 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Fenris on April 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Sad to see when the great fall. :-)

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

It is. I think George Soros got a leaner and now Moran is going to have to go to the homeless shelter for lunch. So sad.

Fenris on April 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Consider yourself on the list.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

WOW! I’m speechless… with pride! Thank you!

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

sununu not even attempting to contest the obamacare 7 million signup number.

conservative? i think not. rino elitist swine.

renalin on April 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Hawkdriver, pretty bright for a zoomie puke. The force is strong in you!

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

WOW! I’m speechless… with pride! Thank you!

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

You know, after a recent exchange, I’m feeling like I need to go on record and say I should have used a sarc tag.

I’m kidding.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Hawkdriver, pretty bright for a zoomie puke. The force is strong in you!

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Frank, you just need to know that …

1. I’m looking for more than just detente. I want to be a trusted messenger for getting the word out for you. Admiration for the courage you show here is a gross understatement not even worth trying to explain.

B. A helicopter pilot is not exactly what many would consider … a zoomie. But, I will defer to your characterization if you are privy to an inner aviation truth as well as the insightful political message that you’ve already proven an ability to run circles around us with.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I’m kidding.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Really? O I’m so dense… but I’m not a loon! I’m still pretty sure that is a Bishop sock puppet you are cuddling up to…

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Now I’m a loon?

Look. You misattributed a comment to me in the other thread when it got out of hand. I was not thinking about that when I was being tongue in cheek here. I’m merely trying to avoid any more animosity. And whether that’s Bishop or not, I think it’s pretty obvious I’m not taking any of it seriously.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM

seriously.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM

You called that other guy a loon… remember him?

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM

seriously.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM

You called that other guy a loon… remember him?

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I didn’t follow you last time and I’m having trouble this time. Before we work up a misunderstanding of Hatfield/McCoy proportions, do you want to sort it out?

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:27 AM

do you want to sort it out?

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:27 AM

We can always go back to the record… except that I don’t remember the thread where it happened.

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Hmm, the thread that Jaibones makes worth reading.

Always a tasty Sunday morning snack.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Time To Scrap The Mortgage Deduction thread.

You read this comment to astonerii from me, as a comment to you.

ExpressoBold on March 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM

So, punish savers? No way I can see that as being a bad thing.

astonerii on March 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM

No offense but I read your comments and it becomes the bright part of my day knowing that you’re not actually in charge of anything. I saved and took advantage of the interest deduction on a loan.

So what?

hawkdriver on March 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Your original comment was only there to show the context of his comment. I didn’t disagree with a thing you said. While I was commenting with the other person, these two got posted before I had a chance to address either.

So what?

hawkdriver on March 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

No offense taken but… apparently you don’t understand accounting, along with that other guy whining about “I saved, I saved.” Same question to you: “Where is your interest income exclusion?”

ExpressoBold on March 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM

So what?

hawkdriver on March 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

applies to you and you still haven’t answered my question about interest income excluded from tax… it’s not excluded from tax so that’s why savings is not rewarded.

ExpressoBold on March 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Felt a bit awkward trying to sort it out then when you seemed rather animated at us both for what was his comments and my comment to him. I just said I was sorry you felt that way and that I’d keep it in mind. Had the circumstances been reversed, I think you know the exchange would have ended with me saying, “My bad and my complete misunderstanding.”

I didn’t post a single comment in disagreement with you on that article and yet walked away from it still feeling like you were averse to something I said or some manner of me saying it. I respect your comments here. Always have. Had I thought about that exchange before the nonsense I was posting here today, I would have used a sarc tag.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM

O/T Here, boys and girls. Put your thinking caps on for this one.

Cleombrotus on April 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM

First of all it was Pat Buchanan that wrote that and second, Putin needs to quit jailing people that run against him or his cronies before I believe any of that bs.

BTW, I agree that the west is going to heck in a hand basket!

Vince on April 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM

do you want to sort it out?

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:27 AM

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I should mind my own business but what the heck! Both you guys are respected here. Seems like Bishop’s sock puppet hooked two while trolling through his favorite fishing waters.

Vince on April 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Vince on April 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Consider yourself on the list too.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Ho hum.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM

…thank you as usual Jaibones for helping us avoid the weekly humming by the propaganda press!….was thinking of peeking in on John Sununu…since he is sometimes rather blunt, doesn’t take any shit…and good for a laugh…but I see from renalins post…he has acquired hoof and mouth disease too!

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Yep… all of that is exactly correct and my original error was that I didn’t read closely enough to realize, at first, that you and I were in agreement. (Documented here: ExpressoBold on March 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM)
If you read a little later in that thread, you’ll see that you let A… “the other person” know that you thought he was a loon. You never said I was a loon nor did I say you were a loon. Today, I was just referencing the prior thread (Time To Scrap The Mortgage Deduction, which I still can’t find – I’m happy you did) in which you gave a frank piece of your mind to “the other person,” the loon.

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Yes. Every week and we love it.

[Cindy Munford on April 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM]

Thanks, Cindy. I’ll stop by from now on, then.

Dusty on April 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I got it then. I’m going to probably take you off the list then and just leave Vince on for now.

(kidding)

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 12:40 PM

clear ether

eon

eon on April 6, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Well, if you consider that he probably feels that the influence comes largely from America, I can feel his pain. But then again, his country’s largely responsible for most of the spread of Progressive thinking in the West so I suppose it’s a bit of tit for tat.

BTW, I agree that the west is going to heck in a hand basket!

Vince on April 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM

The bolded portion is the real point.

Cleombrotus on April 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

{observations on HA participants: (1)most (exclusive trolls) are bright enough to argue and defend either side of the topics herein, and (2)each piles about a half pound of BS daily (troll daily requirement is two lbs.) (3) difficult to get wrapped around the axle from these threads.

~my two cents }

socalcon on April 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Okay, my last two cents. The only thing I took serious was trying to alleviate a misunderstanding from another thread with Mr ExpressoBold. Otherwise, I’m kidding. Otherwise, I, like most everyone else, understands the nature and purpose of Mr. Frank Libs comments and just enjoy adding to the dodge.

My axel isn’t wrapped and my unflappables aren’t flapped. Maybe we should outlaw tongue in cheek comments with sarc tags.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Maybe we should outlaw tongue in cheek comments with sarc tags.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM

We could institute a new “kidding” tag…. a “/k” tag…

….
(I’m still pretty sure that Frank Lib is a Bishop sock puppet.)

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM

(I’m still pretty sure that Frank Lib is a Bishop sock puppet.)

ExpressoBold on April 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM

He’s somebody’s sockpuppet.

hawkdriver on April 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Frank Lib on April 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

“That’s congresswoman, dear Frank Lib” — Nancy

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Agreed on Sununu. He is sometimes great.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

“That’s congresswoman, dear Frank Lib” — Nancy

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I think they should be called CongressMa’am

Pless1foEngrish on April 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Up in Fennville MI (we adore west Michigan) at Crane’s Pie Pantry. If you ever find yourself in the Saugatuck area, don’t miss it. Fantastic pie and a nice little restaurant. Simple food, well prepared. Wife and I put the wolf in our truck and took off for the day. Dunes, beach (full of ice!), countryside in early spring.

Rejuvenating! Cheers all.

Jaibones on April 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

so is american thinker down for everyone else too?
still have not seen anything on why brietbart and wnd were down yesterday.

dmacleo on April 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

so is american thinker down for everyone else too?
still have not seen anything on why brietbart and wnd were down yesterday.

dmacleo on April 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Sometimes they take the weekend to work on the site. Or it’s sun flares.

crankyoldlady on April 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM