George Zimmerman jurors’ names released to public

posted at 7:01 pm on April 5, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

This one immediately earns the tag of what could possibly go wrong? It seems that in Florida, it is common for the names of jurors to be released to the public once the trial is over. (Some of you lawyers in the crowd can help out by letting us know how common this is.) In cases where there might be substantial danger to the jurors or their families because of “emotions running high in the community”, that release may be delayed for a time, but not indefinitely. There was such a delay regarding the case of George Zimmerman in the Sunshine State, but now the clock has run out.

The names of the six-member jury panel that acquitted George Zimmerman in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin have been made public for the first time, after a new court order, records show.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson, who had previously ordered the jurors’ identifying information be kept confidential, granted access to the names in a ruling March 21.

Zimmerman’s defense asked the judge in June to keep the names secret until six months after the verdict. The judge set no timeline then, but noted in her new order they have been withheld more than eight months.

Attempts to reach the jurors by phone and in-person Thursday were unsuccessful.

I’ll bet attempts to reach them were unsuccessful. If I was one of those jurors and had been watching the treatment that Zimmerman, his family and anyone who failed to condemn him sufficiently have received, I’d be on my way to another state under an assumed name, if not another country. If this trial revealed anything useful about our society, it’s that there is no shortage of people who don’t feel particularly bound to the constitutional idea of trial by jury, and will endeavor to “set things to rights” if a decision doesn’t go the way they feel it should have.

Zimmerman’s own parents have been learning that lesson the hard way, and are now looking at having to sue television personality Roseanne Barr because of it. Wait… what?

George Zimmerman’s parents are suing Roseanne Barr for tweeting their home address, which they say forced them to go into hiding for years.

Robert and Gladys Zimmerman have filed a lawsuit against Barr, accusing the comedian and actress of posting “an open and obvious call for vigilante justice,” which she intended “to cause a lynch mob to descend” on their Lake Mary, Florida, home.

“It was foreseeable that the tweets would cause Robert and Gladys Zimmerman to have to flee their house in the middle of the night and never to be able to return, have to face a descent of media and others who would seek to do harm to Robert and Gladys Zimmerman and to their home, and have to live in seclusion to protect their personal and emotional well being,” the civil complaint said.

Zimmerman also has his steps haunted on a continuing basis by both activist detractors and the media, ensuring that he can never settle back into a normal life or seek regular employment. EDIT [section removed]

So what will happen to these jurors? If they’ve been following any of these stories at all – and how could they not – they’ll know that they are sharing the “blame” in the minds of many progressive, liberal activists. Now that they’ve been outed for performing their constitutional duty to the best of their ability, will they have any peace? Or will their employers be pressured to fire them and lines of angry no justice no peace types be outside their doors day and night with torches? I’m unsure how any greater good is being served by this decision, and Florida may want to rethink that law.

EDIT: (Jazz) Two lines of the original text were removed regarding the possible sale of another painting by George Zimmerman. This item was sent in from a normally reliable source, but is unconfirmed and may have been fake.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This is outrageous. The judge should be jailed…

OmahaConservative on April 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM

And the fatass crude nasty Roseanne Barr should share a cell with Judge Debbie…

OmahaConservative on April 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM

If I were one of the jurors I would be afraid for my life and my family and would be going into hiding right now. The judge who released the names has poor judgement and shouldn’t be a judge any longer, to say the least.

FloatingRock on April 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM

You’d best not donate to the wrong political activity or reach the improper conclusion in a jury trial.

rogerb on April 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM

This is bad covered in wrong sauce.

workingclass artist on April 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM

This is bad.

22044 on April 5, 2014 at 7:11 PM

The democrats ransacked a Men’s Wearhouse because the founder’s name is George Zimmer. And it wasn’t because they didn’t like the way they looked. I guarantee it.

Flange on April 5, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I thought juror identities were kept anonymous by law. Does it vary by state?

Mark1971 on April 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Now the race fascists will be after them.

dogsoldier on April 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Anything happens to anyone of them and the State gets sued. Simple.

Johnnyreb on April 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM

iirc this falls under their sunshine law and is generally 12 months
I think jurors names are a really bad idea. making transcripts and stuff available is one thing but these jurors are now in danger IMO.

dmacleo on April 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM

that trayvon painting story looks fake. thats the same pic of him holding that first thing he did with the trayvon painting pasted on top. i hope it’s fake anyways. he cannot possibly be that clueless? maybe he is.

brushingmyhair on April 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM

How soon before the Sharpton Mafia Thugocracy descends on their homes and workplaces?

OmahaConservative on April 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Outrageous. Good luck trying to have a fair trial in anything like a high profile case going forward.

MJBrutus on April 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Hmm dated April 3

CW on April 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

It’s hard enough to get people to show up to be a juror (patients regularly ask me for a medical excuse to get out of serving). Concern that you may be harassed for the rest of your life because you were part of an unpopular decision isn’t going to help at all.

(Note: I only give excuses to patients who actually have medical issues that prevent serving, which is really very few people.)

inmypajamas on April 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Demokkkrats!

Mojave Mark on April 5, 2014 at 7:31 PM

To the Left, their perverted sense of justice is everything and the rule of law means nothing. The mob will go after these jurors because they had the audacity to give an unpopular defendant the benefit of the doubt. I hope everyone one of them has already moved.

DisneyFan on April 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

inmypajamas on April 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Its easy to get out of jury duty.
When you get a chance let slip you think O.J. Simpson is innocent.

astonerii on April 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

This had to be from someone in the court house and I would expect there would be an investigation. Is it possible our illustrious Department of Justice released the names of these jurors? I’m not sure how it happened, but I would demand an investigation on how it happened and the name of the person, or persons responsible to be released to the public.

The left is playing a very dangerous game and I don’t believe they’ve thought out the consequences of this game. It’s becoming more and more important for the Republicans to win this next election and stop this game before it goes too far. The left seems to believe they have the power to do anything they want, because Obama has defacto authorized it and they have the Senate and the Department of Justice. They have no clue how damaging this is to society, as a whole, and I doubt they care, because they perceive they’re winning.

bflat879 on April 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM

If I were a juror, I would locate and publish the judge’s, her clerk, and the balliff’s home address on the internet.

Blake on April 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Murphy9 on April 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Roseanne, who is worth around $80 million, has a nasty habit of stiffing people who work for her, requiring them to sue her.

Blake on April 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I live in FL was called for jury duty last year. The city I was called to serve in is about 15 miles away and let’s just say it’s got it’s crime problems. The 2 trials for which I was interviewed were against let’s just say, not exactly upstanding citizens. During the whole voir dire, the families of these reprobates sat in the courtroom and literally stared down all the potential jurors. It was very intimidating and needless to say I made sure I was not selected. I can’t imagine what these poor people are going through.

BeachBum on April 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Is Breitbart down today. i can’t get it to load.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

… he has managed to sell another painting, this one of Trayvon Martin, for $30K, so he’s putting a little something in the bank.

Good deal! That should set them off at fever pitch! I like it!

ExpressoBold on April 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Murphy9 on April 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Not really, read the whole thing.
Basically it says you do not have to hit the person in order to still claim stand your ground. If the miss scares them off, then you can still claim stand your ground. Right now the law says that if you feel threatened enough to pull a gun to defend yourself, you put yourself in jail for 10 years, if you fire and miss 20 even if you are the defender in the situation. What the current law says is that if you are threatened enough to pull a gun, that person on the other end has to die or you go to jail.

astonerii on April 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

bflat879 on April 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM

no, this was not done illegally. FL laws make it happen. there won’t be any investigation.
the law itself needs to be changed IMO.

dmacleo on April 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Is Breitbart down today. i can’t get it to load.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Same here. Lucianne got hacked earlier in the week.

Ruckus_Tom on April 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

But your honor, I fired five warning shots! I can’t help it if he stepped into the path of every one of them.

BacaDog on April 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

…wants me want to be a juror!…just ID me…and my address to the world…and don’t let me have a gun to protect my family…and make sure I can’t ask the police for help…”until…THEY….actually do something!”
…makes it rather idiotic to not ask for ID… just to vote in an election doesn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on April 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM

brushingmyhair on April 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Thanks. Post updated for now. That link was sent in by a source who has frequently provided reliable local Florida material but I failed to check it out. I don’t see any confirmation elsewhere, so it may indeed have been a hoax. My bad. Those two lines are removed until we can find out one way or another. Thanks again for flagging that.

Jazz Shaw on April 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM

BeachBum on April 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I just toss my summons in the trash. They can come get me when they also get some of the illegal God’s childrens that are running around.

arnold ziffel on April 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Ruckus_Tom on April 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM

This is outrageous. The judge should be jailed…

OmahaConservative on April 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Really?? Are you seriously arguing for anonymous juries…?

JohnGalt23 on April 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Look, progressives can be the most vengeful people on the planet, so I wouldn’t put it past them to make sure the juror’s names get released. On the other hand, what kind of sick a$$hole paints a picture of a kid he shot to death?

scalleywag on April 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM

One time it’s actually nice to have Crohn’s Disease. If I was a potential juror for a case like that, I’m sure the stress would be enough to keep me confined to the bathroom often enough to get me tossed.

Marcola on April 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/breitbart.com.html also says Horair and WND are down. I have a tab open with WND on it.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

wnd and brietbart came up her about 5 minutes ago.
truthrevolt still blocking me though cause I use afirefox fork LOL
oh well, click a button and FF reverts to IE mode and I am in :)

dmacleo on April 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Connected now.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I am extremely tired of this kind of news. What I suggest is people take a stand. If something happens to the parents, the same will happen to Rosanne. If the jurors are harmed, the leaders of those who instigate such actions are targeted for retribution. Since there is no government agency enforcing the law, it is time for those who know right from wrong to punish the wrong.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on April 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

scalleywag on April 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Maybe he felt bad about it even though he defended himself… it could be therapeutic, if you think about it. After all, killing a person is not like swatting flies. Then again, maybe you just want to flare up and show no compassion for the entire situation.

ExpressoBold on April 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

FloatingRock on April 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM

It’s the Obama ginning up the base.

Key West Reader on April 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Not really, read the whole thing.

astonerii on April 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Yeah I just listened to Stacy Washington(stacyontheright) explain the bill. My original assessment was worng.

Murphy9 on April 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

No way…ammo is too expensive to waste on a warning shot. The “Bang” will be sufficient warning to anyone else who is attempting grave bodily harm on me or mine.

That’s like the “ca-chunk” of a pump shotgun being scary. One in the pipe. The warning comes in the form of “BOOM!” not “ca-chunk.”

As for releasing the juror’s names, I’d say OK. Otherwise we’d have juries that could be tampered with since there would be no accountability.

BUT I’d make sure that any of them that feels that they may be in danger should be given an opportunity to ask for and receive protection if they aren’t packing some themselves.

ProfShadow on April 5, 2014 at 8:06 PM

So when will the names of Jon Corzine’s jurors be released? Or the names of Lois Lerner’s jurors be released?

Oh, wait. They’re bagmen for this venal administration and Zimmerman ain’t. Never mind.

locomotivebreath1901 on April 5, 2014 at 8:06 PM

This puts the lives of the jurors in danget. This law needs to be changed now.

Raquel Pinkbullet on April 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on April 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Despite the dreams of the Leftists, America remains a Nation of Law abiding citizens.. for the most part.

/Congress Critters and the two bit hustler in the WH excluded

Key West Reader on April 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I thought juror identities were kept anonymous by law. Does it vary by state?

Mark1971 on April 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Reporters want access to information on jurors.

“And the Judicial Conference of the United States, a body that governs the federal courts, said in 2004 that “documents containing identifying information about jurors or potential jurors” should “not be included in the public case file and should not be made available to the public at the courthouse or via remote electronic access.” The policy was intended to prevent electronic access to juror identities during trial and does not prevent post-trial access to the identities, which are available in the jury management database maintained by each federal district court. But court employees appear confused about what the policy requires, very often refusing to release juror information even when it should be public under federal law. The constitutionality of the policy has not yet been litigated in the federal courts. Despite the recent popularity of anonymous juries, most federal and state appellate courts which have addressed this issue have recognized a qualified First Amendment right to juror names and addresses. (In re Disclosure of Juror Names and Addresses). The U.S. Court of Appeals in Atlanta (11th Cir.) called the use of anonymous juries “a drastic measure, one which should be undertaken only in limited and carefully delineated circumstances.” (U.S. v. Ross). Most federal appellate courts have decided whether to withhold juror identities based on some combination of the following five factors: (1) the defendant’s involvement in organized crime; (2) the defendant’s participation in a group with the capacity to harm jurors; (3) the defendant’s past attempts to interfere with the judicial process; (4) the potential that the defendant will get a long jail sentence or substantial fines if convicted; and (5) extensive publicity that could expose jurors to intimidation or harassment. (U.S. v. Sanchez). – See more at: http://www.rcfp.org/secret-justice-jury-records-and-proceedings/rise-anonymous-juries#sthash.DfpB03AS.dpuf

workingclass artist on April 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Well, there goes the jury system.

If there’s a remote possibility of being seated on a case even remotely similar in the future, well… good luck.

Midas on April 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

wnd and brietbart came up her about 5 minutes ago.
truthrevolt still blocking me though cause I use afirefox fork LOL
oh well, click a button and FF reverts to IE mode and I am in :)

dmacleo on April 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Breibart was down at 6:30 am this morning…and I have a Mac so I use Safari

workingclass artist on April 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Is Breitbart down today. i can’t get it to load.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Same here. Lucianne got hacked earlier in the week.

Ruckus_Tom on April 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Same problem earlier but it’s working now.

FloatingRock on April 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Which on the one hand is inspiring because it says that there are people who care more about justice than legal process. And on the other hand is depressing, because the evidence is so overwhelming in this case that this was justifiable homicide.

Stoic Patriot on April 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on April 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

/Congress Critters and the two bit hustler in the WH excluded

Key West Reader on April 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Eroding more by the day.

I’m still thinking we’re going to see ‘star chamber’ style activity starting to pop up here and there.

Midas on April 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM

These people, by law, had to be jurors! They didn’t ask for this! The state made them do it! If the freaking state had wanted to just crucify Zimmerman than why even hold the trial and call jurors! The police should’ve just declared him guilty and executed him on the spot! That’s what it seems we are headed to today!

Mob justice on anyone the left demands guilty of whatever crime they choose on any given day! Don’t think the right way? You’ll be driven out of your job and your life will be ruined! Make the wrong political donation or serve on a jury that comes to a verdict opposite of what the left wanted and you and your family will be exposed and hunted down!

This is Amerika today! And Republicans do and say nothing!

Do they want these people dragged from their homes and butchered in the streets? The mainscream media would probably say they all had it coming!

The left sickens me! They disgust me! And people on our side who want to appease them make me want to vomit! They are all nothing but a bunch of losers and liars and thieves mixed in with the insane!

JellyToast on April 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM

OT: Gays just want to be left alone!

BuckeyeSam on April 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM

bflat879 on April 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM

They know exactly how damaging it is. The problem is that the non-progressives have not yet been convinced that there is a substantial number of their fellow citizens who not only want this country to fall, but in many cases actively work at making it fall.

Dr. Frank Enstine on April 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM

if any of them also voted against SSM,,, and or
are a hold out scofflaw for the new ACA law..
this should get them, first class accommodations
in the boxcars, to the BHO Gulags..

going2mars on April 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM

If one of these jurors dies, there will be a price to pay.

bflat879 on April 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

What does this say about the black community that these jurors, who did the only reasonable & decent thing under the law, have to fear for their safety? Disgusting.

Have to recommend Jack Cashill’s “If I Had a Son” to see what a travesty of justice was done for racial politics and to appease the black mobs.

See video http://cs.pn/19z6UOT

Chessplayer on April 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Hope the Zimmerman’s wring every red cent out of that moon bat

workingclass artist on April 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Kansas legislators gave final approval Saturday to a bill that would nullify city and county gun restrictions and ensure that it’s legal across the state to openly carry firearms, a measure the National Rifle Association sees as a nationwide model for stripping local officials of their gun-regulating power.

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 8:28 PM

iirc this falls under their sunshine law and is generally 12 months

And yet Hillary’s and Obama’s transcripts and thesis will never be released, all these years later.

Privacy is now a function of your caste in the American system.

The sad part is republicans in power will never hit back with such disclosures. We play by the rulesssss.

/pat on the back

FrankT on April 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM

@profshadow jurors being accountable to who?? You and your far left zealot friends?? So if you don’t agree with their verdict you can “hold them accountable”

Way to sound like a facist thug.

Raquel Pinkbullet on April 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM

What’s most ironic about this whole psychotic episode of American mainstream culture war is that George Zimmerman – by his brother’s account – was an Obama man who thought it was time for people of color to be in positions of power.

By that standard he became the most hated Democrat by other Democrats.

FrankT on April 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Wonder how many of those jurors will now go out ARMED.

GarandFan on April 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM

What a stupid decision- although, if a liberal plot, it defies one scintilla of logic. First, if some revenge-seeking “homey”, who fell for the liberal line (or “lie”)that Zimmerman is a “white Hispanic”, cancels one or more of the jurors, the attendant publicity will ALL be bad for the Administration. Secondly, even if NOTHING untoward occurs, the Florida Democrat-controlled judiciary looks spiteful and revengeful. Finally, only one “useful idiot” at a time please-we have another “white Hispanic” the late Ivan Lopez of Ft. Hood, Texas that is being used at a poster boy for gun control. No distractions, please!

MaiDee on April 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Hah!: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/04/Chick-Fil-A-Tops-KFC-as-Nation-s-Biggest-Chicken-Fast-Food-Chain

davidk on April 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM

It’s just like the NRA! They honor their principles and don’t back down and all they ever do is win!

Truth be told.. if the right ever really got their act together and rose up and pushed back.. you would see a shift.. a sea change of opinions from politicians to major corporations would turn over night. People you thought would never come out in support of conservative principles would fight to get in front of the cameras to support the people.
You think Mozilla fears some little gay group? Well.. how about 10 million emails and phone calls and uninstalls of their browsers and see who they end up bowing to!

The conservative block is divided and broken but it is slowly, through the TEA party.. coming together. The conservative block is the true sleeping giant in America. But the conservative block in the nation just wants to mind their own business, work at their jobs, feed and care for their families and build their dreams! But once people start to realize they don’t have a choice anymore .. that getting involved and standing up and pushing back is as much a matter of survival as putting food on the table and raising their kids.. that is when it’s going to change!

See.. the thing is.. for too long this fight for freedom has not been personal enough. It’s always somebody else’s fight. It’s somebody else who lost their job. It’s somebody else who was effected. Someone’s elses kids who were harassed at school.

But when it starts to invade everyone’s home suddenly the fight is personal. That’s when the line finally gets crossed and the tipping point is reached.

There are examples from history to support this. There was a time that Hollywood was just as it is today. Movies in the 30′s were filled with sex, homosexuality and filth. But in the late 30′s churches across America signed a pledge to stop going to the movies… they cut off funding to Hollywood and Hollywood caved and pledged to not make any more movies that glamorized crime or were sexual and they stopped promoting homosexuality!

JellyToast on April 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Feminist leftist judge appointed by a Democrat????? Just asking’.

Lives in la la land and turns innocent people into victims. Wonder if she “feels” good about this. WOW1

MN J on April 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Remember how Dear Liar got into the US Senate? By having Jack Ryan’s divorce records unsealed. Yes it was a newspaper but, c’mon. The fascist left is using the courts against us. Turn the tables.

rbj on April 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Yet another example of “you better hold the correct opinion or else.”

Annielou on April 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Warning shot? That is a horrible idea. That will just confuse self-defense cases even further. When feral animals like Trayvon Martin need to be put down, a warning shot won’t do the job. Murphy9 on April 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM

No silly, you want them in the knee. Then the other knee.

Akzed on April 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Feminist leftist judge appointed by a Democrat????? Just asking’.

MN J on April 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Jeb Bush.

Ronnie on April 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Movies in the 30′s were filled with sex, homosexuality and filth.

JellyToast on April 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

what movies are you talking about? i wanna watch em.

brushingmyhair on April 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Watch Enemy of State on Fox, this weekend.

The land is run by a Punk and his Thugs.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

ProfShadow on April 5, 2014 at 8:06 PM

This is for you.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

It’d be awesome if Zimmerman was chased by racist vigilantes out to kill him and he shoots them too. I’d love it, I hope he got his gun back and I’m glad Trayvon got what he deserved. More of these thugs should get the same along with their communities that fosters these animals.

thinkagain on April 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM

NO NO NO!!!

What is needed is swift prosecution of anyone who makes a threat towards a juror or his family. I hope Roseanne Barr has to pay out of her fat asp to the Zimmermans, too.

BUT secrecy in juries is a recipe for disaster. There are many more ways to jeopardize the right to a fair trial with secret jurors.

As in many things, we should treat the actual problem – the jerks and criminals making the threats – and not crash the whole car because the song on the radio is annoying.

Adjoran on April 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Let me point out that the jurors can avail themselves of the fact that Florida IS a state with a “shall issue” CCW law.

kd6rxl on April 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM

Stop Being Black

PointnClick on April 6, 2014 at 5:04 AM

I seem to be posting said link everywhere these days…

werewife on April 6, 2014 at 7:11 AM

This was an insane move by the judge. Debra Nelson must be an evil person if she doesn’t see that this will do real harm to those jurors who, after all, were merely doing their civic duty. And it just isn’t the jurors themselves but their entire families now in danger thanks to Judge Nelson. May she rot in hell for her actions.

Happy Nomad on April 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I’m expecting some of them to get fired for starters.

Happy Nomad on April 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM

She’s probably a leftist that knew exactly what she was doing. If there are reports of violence and harassment against these jurors, she will be smiling.

MaiDee on April 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

No, this is a very smart move if you’re a leftist trying to create a climate of fear. This is not dissimilar to the tactics dictators use. The only thing keeping the DoJ from hauling these jurors off to jail or having them shot is they lack enough political power to do it yet.

Doomberg on April 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Here is a novel idea, if you see a stranger don’t punch him in the face, knock him down and bash his head into the sidewalk.

he might shoot you.

sniffles1999 on April 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM

The low information voter (as in liberal type) has a short memory
if msnbc DOES not broadcast it, It will fade away.

sniffles1999 on April 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Did someone petitioned the court to released the names and if so who or did she just wake up one morning and decide that today is the day?

Nomas on April 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM

If Scott signs the warning shot bill, maybe some of these hot under the collar types will think twice before attempting some kind of pay back on the jurors.

Kissmygrits on April 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM

They better go public that they are for gay marriage.

KirknBurker on April 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM

As soon as available of course, that disgusting race-baiting CNN will be first to broadcast their names.

otlset on April 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Can we just conclude that America is no longer a free state and get on with the pogroms and gulags?

jnelchef on April 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I hope the communist Bar ends up paying.

TX-96 on April 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I’m no legal expert. That being said, if I was ever called to jury duty in Florida, I would refuse.

“I won’t be able to fairly and impartially hear this case, Judge; I’m too worried that what I decide will be used as an excuse to harm me or my Family, once the media releases my personal information to the public…which is full of douch-nozzle morons.”

Then walk to a coffee shop, and head back to work…anonymously as you want.

In fact, I think I’ll use that here in Colorado as well…that any lawyer, citing Florida law, could get a similar ruling in this State, if they get a sympathetic judge.

a5minmajor on April 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM

This is an outrage. If I knew my name would be released, I might refuse to serve on just about any jury.

WannabeAnglican on April 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

George Zimmerman jurors’ names released to public

When politicians talk about “openness” and “transparency” they mean for the Proles.

I envision the day when you’ll have to have your bank account information publicly available 24-7 online because you might be a terrorist or a crook and folks have a right to know. Congress, state legislators, billionaires, and the various other elected officials and GS higher ups will be exempt, though-in the interest of National Security.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I wonder if any of these jurors work for Mozilla.

Eric in Hollywood on April 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM