Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 3, 2014 by Allahpundit

The guy who had the gall to express his First Amendment rights and favor Prop 8 in California by donating $1,000 has just been scalped by some gay activists…

Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.

***

GLAAD provided the following statement from President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis on the news via email:

Mozilla’s strong statement in favor of equality today reflects where corporate America is: inclusive, safe, and welcoming to all.

***

Since Mr. Eich was appointed chief executive, a number of current Mozilla employees took to Twitter to air their views about the board’s choice, with several voicing concern about the appointment, and some employees even suggesting Mr. Eich should step down.

John Lilly, the former chief executive at Mozilla, linked on Twitter to the blog post about Mr. Eich’s resignation and wrote, “Tough times, but reflects so much of what I love about the organization.”

Rebecca Rolfe, executive director of the San Francisco L.G.B.T. Center, said California is a state that values openness and fairness and companies should practice those same values.

“We see a lot of corporations now providing support for their L.G.B.T. employees and the L.G.B.T. community. It’s important to recognize all types of unions,” she said. “For Mozilla to recognize that is important as well.”

***

Some Mozilla employees called for his resignation via Twitter.

Online-dating site OKCupid asked users to stop using Firefox. Credo Mobile, a wireless company that bills itself as “progressive,” gathered more than 50,000 signatures calling for him to resign.

Mr. Kay said the OKCupid move signaled to Mozilla’s board “that this could be more of a problem for Mozilla.”…

Reputation-management advisers say it is unusual for a CEO to be forced out over political views. But Eric Dezenhall, who runs a crisis-management firm in Washington, said he has been asked to help soften the public stands of CEOs with extremely conservative political views. “There is a kind of internal censorship,” he said.

***

Despite its opposition to Eich’s political donations, one of OkCupid’s co-founders has given money to political candidates who expressed opposition to gay marriage.

Sam Yagan, who is currently CEO of the Match Group, which controls OkCupid, donated $500 to Barack Obama in 2007 and 2008 back when he still opposed gay marriage.

While president of the tech company Metamachine, Yagan also gave $500 to Republican Utah Rep. Chris Cannon. In 2006 Cannon voted in favor of the Marriage Protection Amendment, which would have defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman in the Constitution.

***

Obviously Mozilla does not believe in equality or freedom of speech. If it did, it would have defended its CEO and noted that many of its employees agree with him, not just the other side. It would have asserted that both sides deserve a hearing.

Firefox surrendered to the OKCupid mob, which loves free speech so much that it has successfully deprived a man of his income because of his beliefs — beliefs which are not fringe, but are shared by roughly half the country or more. Beliefs which he once shared with the left’s own champion, Barack Obama.

I know many readers here and many writers here support gay marriage. Are y’all cool with depriving someone of their ability to work if they disagree? That’s where we are right now. They tried it with Chick-Fil-A and bombed. But they have succeeded in the tech field, which drives much of our culture forward. Into what?

***

Moreover, the ability and right to engage in anonymous political speech and activity – and making contributions is a form of political speech – used to be considered common sense. The Federalist Papers were published under pseudonyms and one of the most famous and stirring pieces of writing in American history – Thomas Paine’s Common Sense – was first published anonymously because of the danger to its author for publishing such revolutionary ideas. The same threats those authors and others throughout our history have faced for expressing ideas not in conformity with the ruling passions of the day are today being faced by Americans like Brendan Eich.

The required disclosure of contributors like Brendan Eich to referenda is now being used to harass and intimidate them for their political opinions. Those who bullied Eich into resigning, particularly the employees of Mozilla, should be ashamed of themselves for their behavior. They apparently believe that anyone who disagrees with them on controversial legal and social issues should be driven from the workplace, no matter the economic and personal consequence to that individual and his family.

What’s next? Special reeducation camps for anyone who disagrees with them?

***

When Obama “evolved” on the issue just over a year ago, he insisted that the debate about marriage was legitimate. He said there are people of goodwill on both sides…

Unwilling to acknowledge this as a significant question on which reasonable people of goodwill can disagree, some advocates of redefining marriage increasingly characterize those with whom they disagree as “enemies of the human race.” They’ve sent a clear message: If you stand up for marriage, we will demonize and marginalize you.

In a series of instances we have seen the gatekeepers of civil society attack those who hold the view that marriage is between a man and a woman —Chick-fil-A, Barilla Pasta, Craig James (who was fired from ESPN), and “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson.

This kind of grotesque incivility is toxic for any democratic community. We can—we must—do better.

***

Just as the Internet has empowered consumers to find cheaper prices, more-extensive reviews, and a wider variety of goods than ever before, it’s also made it easier for them to call out companies for all sorts of dastardly actions, screw-ups, and problems. I like that OKCupid’s intervention wasn’t a call for government action to limit people’s choices or ban something. Indeed, OKCupid didn’t even block Firefox users from its site — rather, it politely asked them to consider getting to the site via a different browser.

But this sort of action complicates the simple act of shopping for both traditional conservatives and liberals in ways that are not yet fully clear. Conservatives should like the fact that this was done without calling for government action, even if they aren’t fans of gay marriage. For liberals, they surely like the outcome — a corporation pledges itself to supporting marriage equality — even as they will have to rethink the idea that corporations or businesses don’t have “personhood” or can’t take stances on issues (as liberals like to claim when it comes to campaign-finance questions). In fact, we ascribe intention to businesses all the time, based on their practices and leadership…

But socially conscious web browsing will also be a time-consuming and hugely complicating activity too. One of the great promises of the Internet was that it would allow all of us to sift through vast amounts of information and arrive at the best answer in record time. We all know it hasn’t quite worked out that way. We spend more time than ever hunting for new things and then even more energy comparing this option to that option. And now, we have even more to consider every time we fire up our browser.

***

When I heard that Lefty advocates had managed to hound a traditional marriage supporter from his position at Mozilla’s CEO, I did what any sensible opponent of California’s Proposition 8 and supporter of Maryland’s Question 6 would do: I immediately dumped Firefox and found another browser (in my case, Chrome). I support gay marriage. I do not support demonizing the roughly half of the country that disagrees with me.

What I did not realize, however, was just how bad Firefox has gotten over the last few years. I am absolutely shocked by how much faster Chrome loads and operates, and it’s apparently a heck of a lot more stable, too. What makes it more startling is that I had Chrome on my Chromebook; I guess that I assumed that the faster speeds there was just due to Google optimizing the computer for its browser. No, it works better on desktops, too. And you can even import your bookmarks and passwords.

So, seriously: if you use Firefox and you’re ticked with Mozilla, dump Firefox and find another browser that suits you.

***

As my colleague Andrew Stiles has asked, What did you people expect? The left has spent much of the last few decades trying to narrow the confines of debate, especially when it comes to issues of race. A Republican literally can’t say a single thing about any domestic issue without being accused of uttering a dog whistle that only the hypersensitive ears of MSNBC pundits can discern. Twitter has turned into a sort of perpetual motion machine that operates solely on outrage. Did they think the digital lynch mobs would focus solely on the right? When one exists solely to demonstrate one’s outrage, one will always find an outlet for that outrage. Political affiliation is no saving grace.

There is, unfortunately, no easy answer here. Outrage generates clicks, boycott calls lead to TV bookings, and the smarmy self-satisfaction that comes from bringing the establishment to heel is its own reward. It’s heartening to see a few responsible folks stand up and say “Hey, kids: Knock it off. You sound like a pack of gibbering morons.” Perhaps it will help engender a bit more charity toward the right.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Deleted my okcupid account “you are not tolerant of Christians”

OregonPolitician on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Bishop will never read this using Firefox . Homophobe

Bmore on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

nobar on April 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

He’s taking it easy.

Schadenfreude on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Did he make some sort of announcement? Reasons why?

John the Libertarian on April 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

His general dislike for people and grumbling about their continued existence didn’t strike me as anything special. :) It just sounded like a walkabout. He said the QOTD was crap — like he always said about the QOTD — which people who hadn’t heard that for years took as significant.

. . . got the link somewhere.

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Homophobe

Bmore on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Schadenfreude on April 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Despite popular rumor, Franks snarkcasm is nowhere near Bishie’s level.

nobar on April 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Schizophrenia?

crankyoldlady on April 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

crankyoldlady on April 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Actually-this many be coming from corporate if true.
Wally has become UBER-PC.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

It is virtually impossible for political correctness, gay or otherwise, not to go ‘berserk’. It does not grow to a moderate level and then stop. Left alive, it feeds on the human mind until there is nothing left.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

sadly, it’s come down to we gotta break something to fix it. Rome and other civilizations went the same way. Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Yea.. it’s a really bad time to alinsky the cloward and piven thing for sure.

A really bad time.

I want my Grandfathers M1 Garand for sentimental reasons, and I might need it.

wolly4321 on April 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

How can they charge for bags that you are lucky to get your items home without them falling apart?

Barred on April 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Nameless Brazilian-style chuva tune (as far as I can tell)

jaime on April 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My mother always said, “give them an inch and they take a mile”.

crankyoldlady on April 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Alex Jones?

We will call them Dimebags…

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

My son is giving you the Hawaiian symbol of peace, love, and understanding since you called him Alex Jones.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Al wants me to say again…this is hearsay. It is not officially confirmed.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Grocery bags are banned in our city , but we can buy plastic and paper bags if we want to .
Unless you are using EBT cards, then you get free bags and as many as you want.
They say it stops pollution.

burrata on April 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Schadenfreude on April 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Someone mentioned to me today. Putins divorce was finalized.

Bmore on April 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM

What died I just say? I said stay out of Crime Hills and Metro-West and there ain’t much crime.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I don’t know “what died (you) just said” except that you said I was “insane” because I said that Orlando is today crime-laden and that Disneyworld was largely responsible for that.

Not that Disneyworld CAUSED the crime onslaught there, but that their position there drew a whole lot of crime to Orlando that has since become entrenched and is recreating itself exponentially.

All cities have some safe or good areas, obviously, but if you’d known what Orlando used to be compared with what it is now, you’d get my original point made up in comments.

Same applies to Miami, believe it or not, and the Keys. We never locked our doors in pre-Cuban Miami…and the Keys are unrecognizable today from what they were for decades earlier (and much worse today). But the Orland-crime bloom is truly awful compared to previous decades prior to Disneyworld.

Lourdes on April 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Barred on April 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I repeat-right now it’s only a rumor.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Did he make some sort of announcement? Reasons why?

John the Libertarian on April 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I asked the same question a few nights ago …

He first teases it here:

His final comment is here (@ 10:49 PM):

ShainS on April 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Here ya go Axe, John.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I know what you mean about digging too deep. FF has been the best, but even they have been screwing up the last few years, in my opinion.

non-nonpartisan on April 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Agreed. I remember when it was enough. I updated, lost the ability to kill JS on demand on particularly wicked pages, went looking through the database for a quick fix — and read that it was removed deliberately, and read the rationale: it makes the browser look bad when people turn it off. OK to mark a blender “not a children’s toy.” Not OK to remove the “on/off” button, just in case. IMO, etc.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

What am I gonna do, people??? Whorelando is riddled with CRIME!!!
I’m scared to go out now!!!

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I think we should start a hotair fund to send shade to one of barkys 30k/plate dinners.

wolly4321 on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

nobar on April 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Self-proclaimed, I’m sure…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Here ya go Axe, John.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

THAT was the day I discovered shed-rats!

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Someone mentioned to me today. Putins divorce was finalized.

Bmore on April 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Yes ladies, it’s true, I am available once again! But only to a select few ladies who can fully appreciate a man’s man!

PootyPoot on April 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Here ya go Axe, John.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Yup.

I dunno. I try not to meddle in the affairs of Bishops. They are subtle and quick to anger.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Another nameless Brazilian-inspired tune

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Just got a scoop from Alex. Rumor has it that Wally is going to start charging shoppers for plastic bags. According to some customers that he waited on-that live in state other than Texas-shoppers @ some Wally’s in other states are being charged a dime per bag.
Al wants me to say again…this is hearsay. It is not officially confirmed.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Consider yourselves lucky if you can get plastic bags at all!

The liberal control freaks in my neck of the woods have banned plastic shopping bags completely and PAPER bags cost a dime each.

In some areas, the paper bags cost 25 cents each.

It is a royal pain to have to carry reusable cloth bags for every shopping trip!

And at some point we are all going to run out of both the plastic and paper bags that we all hoarded in anticipation of the new rules. I don’t know what we will use to gather our trash then.

Liberals and their stupid rules are so annoying!

Never, ever vote for a Liberal!

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Night all.

crankyoldlady on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

PootyPoot on April 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I heard you were gay.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

What’s next? Special reeducation camps for anyone who disagrees with them?

Probably not camps, per se, but mandatory courses you’ll have to show up for for X number of hours at your local Holiday Inn or Moose Lodge after work in the evenings or on weekends…plus a healthy dose of the digital components online. Maybe some community service hours thrown in?

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM

They already forcefully teach “gay history” to school kids in GULAG (aka CA). I am sure some other blue states will follow suit.

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Never, ever vote for a Liberal!

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Way to roll, Captain Obvious! :D

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

THAT was the day I discovered shed-rats!

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Also the day Ed let Schad back in…

OmahaConservative on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Have you thought of a disguise?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

He’ll be back. Homophobe

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

ShainS on April 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Thanks, and thanks Bmore. I’d never heard of blogmocracy. I find myself posting under a new name at Ace’s a lot more lately. Just because I can drop the f-bombs and what not.

John the Libertarian on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Night all.

crankyoldlady on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

G’nite, crank-yanker.

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM

So Nice

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Once again, Bishop is right…

Lourdes on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Please remember that this isn’t a chat room. It’s annoying having to scroll through self-indulgent chatty clutter from people who abuse these commenting sections.

bluegill Hagfish on September 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I just realized Omaha hasn’t been on. My cat told me.

crankyoldlady on April 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

A. J. Delgado @missADelgado
Hi @mozilla: Why was Eich’s Prop 8 donation in 2008 “bad,” but a donation to Obama’s campaign in 2008 (anti-gay-marriage) is OK? #Hypocrites

Flora Duh on April 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Been the way of life in USSR and China for decades now. Why do you think Hussein’s USA should be different? Get with the program…

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

crankyoldlady on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Niters and sleep well, COL!

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Also the day Ed let Schad back in…

OmahaConservative on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Maybe it was Schad-rats!!!

Have you thought of a disguise?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Um, no, I don’t think that would work. Maybe the anti-banana disguise…

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Never, ever vote for a Liberal!

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Has your city banned Styrofoam yet ?
Mine has .

burrata on April 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Lubbock County has exactly TWO dim officials-both city council members. One of them is the infamous Victor Hernandez, the other is leftist worm Floyd Price.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Schadenfreude on April 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Do you use FF Schadenfreude?

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Insensatez

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Hey! That Mooch is stuffin’ her face with our lobster!!

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I’m changing browsers again. BRB.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM

We’re looking at Plano or Frisco to move to, and so far it looks like GULAG transplant towns.

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

You remind me of this…can’t quite put my finger on why, though…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Not too far off. :) Wait. In song. And you’ll need this.

Throw in some stuff about Jesus and you’re completely done. :) Ah, another mystery dies. :) WHY, CRUEL WORLD

Let’s pick on SparkPlug.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Lourdes on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

This place goes to hell at night

Hey peeps, I’m movin’ out of HotGas Town, the V-8 Interceptor is ready to roll and I’m gone before dawn.

I’ll leave my tackle box by the service door, any of you fishers can take whatever you like.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Only those who don’t know Bishop at all don’t get Bishop.

This entire comment was marvelous, from the first letter, to the last one.

It was a love-letter to all his friends, in the friendliest possible ways. It was a big finger to the leftist thugs. He didn’t mention anyone in between.

Indeed, Bishop is right, as he always is, but not the way Lourdes things.

Bishop is a guy you want to share trenches with, when time comes.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Maybe the anti-banana disguise…

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I think I found just the thing

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Isn’t there like a million sub-towns in between Dal/FTW?

nobar on April 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Cuts you up.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM

And the funniest part is that these moronic plastic bag bans grew out of an idiotic misinterpretation of one line in a paper that the lefties twisted to mean that fish and birds were dying in droves from plastic bags covering the oceans. But, as usual with lefties’ “established science”, it wasn’t true. It wasn’t even close to true. But that didn’t stop them … just like the lying idiocy with the polar bears (who are flourishing) allegedly being trapped on ice floes and being swept out to a chilly death on the Arctic …

Every single thing these despicable, lying scumbag leftists do is organized about a lie or a really stupid misunderstanding of something simple, but once the left starts one of their crusades of lies, there’s no stopping it. This is the real danger of having to deal with self-hating nihilists in our individualistic (used to be) society. Nothing can get between them and their cherished oblivion.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Do you use FF Schadenfreude?

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Didn’t for the longest time, then switched to it, due to video and other annoyances here…now this…quandry…

I hate the Nation of Idiots in ways words can’t express. It’s not about the gays; it’s about the 1st Amendment. I really want to witness leftist heads chopped off.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I think I found just the thing…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

That would work in Crime Hills except for one thing – the inhabitants would be coming out of the woodwork lookin’ for my stash.

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Not “our lobster. “The children’s lobster”

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I gave Sparkie a new hobby…he’s *ahem!* otherwise engaged at the moment… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Not “our lobster. “The children’s lobster”

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Who here is tech-savvy?

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Isn’t there like a million sub-towns in between Dal/FTW?

nobar on April 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Yes, looks like it. Since I work from home we may be re-evaluating Plano/Frisco.

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Wave

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I really want to witness leftist heads chopped off.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Get in line.

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Ew

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Samba de Uma Nota So

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

That’ll work… :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Has your city banned Styrofoam yet ?
Mine has .

burrata on April 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Of course! We haven’t had Styrofoam for years.

I had forgotten about the days when Styrofoam provided an effective way to keep hot food hot. Sigh!

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Yeah, I’ve used it for a long time. Really hate to see it fall by the wayside. Its a good product. I may continue to use it for a bit longer. Transitioning over is a little more complicated than it might be for others. Gonna let it ride for a day or two at least. To busy to mess with it right now. Militant gays are a drag, plus they throw feces like apes in a zoo. Not good. I hope this leftist bad behavior of the militant ilk doesn’t harm the good will between more reasonable people.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

but not the way Lourdes things thinks.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I really want to witness leftist heads chopped off.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Figuratively, of course.

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Figuratively, of course.

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

. . . er, don’t force that issue. :) We just got Schad back.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM

but not the way Lourdes things thinks.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Oh! I thought you meant “flings”…silly me…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Who here is tech-savvy?

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Depends on what tech you are needing assistance with.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Aguas de Março

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Depends on what tech you are needing assistance with.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM

e-mails reduced to just a large numerical file.

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

We just got Schad back.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM

That’s the only reason I’m making it clear.

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Figuratively, of course.

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Heh, Axe, always pitchfork them, politically.

Actually, the muzzies will not be that sensitive. They’ll solve it otherwise, starting with Europe, then in the USA.

Since I’m not Morell, I don’t avoid “Islamist” and “cutting heads off”. PC will kill all, if we don’t wake up.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Fotografía

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM

e-mails reduced to just a large numerical file.

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Text.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I had read about that change just recently, but didn’t think much about it. I just did a search to read more, and found this. How do I disable javascript in FF 23? It’s no longer under ‘content’ Some workarounds are mentioned.

The Internet is becoming more conformist and dumbed down, and it sucks.

non-nonpartisan on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

On the board at present, maybe Axe. If you see Primalorderedpair around he might be able to help. Maybe whatcat is you see him. Email is not my gig. Is it a webmail type of account?

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

is=if

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:29 AM

PC will kill all, if we don’t wake up.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Civility has its uses sometimes, if we could just get some from the left. However, I agree with you entirely.

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

The Internet is becoming more conformist and dumbed down, and it sucks.

non-nonpartisan on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Totally. :) I guess, strictly speaking, “pedestrian.” I guess it has to. Still, I miss the edge.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

George Soros’ real crusade: Legalizing marijuana in the U.S.…and Dingy Harry demonizes the Koch brothers on the Senate floor…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

We just got Schad back.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM

When you’ll know why was gone, you’ll laugh. Has nothing to do with any PC, anything bad, or any of this. Could have been back sooner, if I had noticed. Alas, didn’t for hours, then watched the circus, for days. It was enlightening. Exposed a few rats, from both sides. Also got the cavalry going. That part was lots of fun.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Text.

Axe on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Yes. Reduced to text. The ones with pictures a ton of nonsensical characters

Is it a webmail type of account?

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Don’t know what you mean by webmail. It was a pay-for-it service, POP3 and no, they didn’t have them backed up.

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Garota de Ipanema

jaime on April 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Lanceman on April 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

If you see Murphy around, he might know. He’s pretty good at some of that stuff as well.

Bmore on April 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

riddick on April 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Yup, I am reading Red Horizons: Chronicles of a Communist Spy Chief by Ion Mihai Pacepa now.

Lots of useful insights into life under Soviet control.

It is chilling to read about the type of life, the liberals want to impose on us.

wren on April 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM

The Internet is becoming more conformist and dumbed down, and it sucks.

non-nonpartisan on April 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Like everything else. How right you are!!!

Nation of Fools, in the majority. The destruction is self-made.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM