Audio: Radio hosts Opie & Anthony have a joint rage blackout over their insurance cancellations

posted at 8:41 pm on April 3, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

President Obama can keep telling himself that “the debate over repealing this law is over” now that, ahem, “7 million” and counting Americans are signed up for insurance plans through ObamaCare, but the huge, lingering question of how many of those “7 million” were previously uninsured remains — because the ones who were previously insured are probably feeling a lot like this, and no matter how far into the future they keep pushing them, there are only more cancellations still to come.

The most excruciating nugget of dialogue, for me: “But my [insurance policy] was fine!” “…I guess not.”

Language warning: Many, many f-bombs.

Comments

November is going to be so fun!! Hey Democrats on the ballot this year: If you like your job, you can keep your job. Period. Start working on your résumés suckers…

rmkdbq on April 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM

This is why it makes absolutely no difference what Obama, the media, or the Democrats say about Obamacare. Because this is a drip, drip, drip that isn’t just being experienced by millions of Americans.

It’s also your friends, your family, your neighbors. Everyone knows someone who is affected by this. And it’s not over.

Baggi on April 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM

They used the “r” word too.

novaculus on April 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Is there such a thing as an “Over Saturation of Lobbyists”?

Varchild on April 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Republicans really need to run ads warning people they’re the next ones to lose their insurance if they vote for obamacare lovers.

yhxqqsn on April 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

OT

Spring arrives in Texas.

North central Texas getting hammered by dangerous storms.

workingclass artist on April 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Wait till the employer mandate hits the 80 or 100 million people that still have jobs and they lose their employer benefits. Then to find out the only plan that’s still “legal” is 5x the price.

OOooohhh NELLY!!

You think there’s pain now?!?! That mandate hits, and if you’re a Dim that forced it on America, Son you best be someplace else. Because we’re coming after YOU!

Meople on April 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

…a lot of new names…appearing all of a sudden ^

KOOLAID2 on April 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Clearly their plans were unamerican unObama.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM

This will not hurt the Demand, Obama has a pen and a phone :)

captnjoe on April 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Prepare for your IRS colonoscopy patriots.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Demand = dems

Stupid auto correct

captnjoe on April 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

North central Texas getting hammered by dangerous storms.

workingclass artist on April 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Serves them all damn right. That will teach them to refuse to give Al Gore $100,000,000 for carbon credits.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I have sympathy for many who have seen, or will see, their insurance canceled.

These two scum are not amount them. They desecrated a Catholic Church and are no friends of true conservatives.

only reaping what they sowed.

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Great points but, geez-o-crow. These two should like two door gunners on the intercom.

hawkdriver on April 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM

what happened to the univision/rubio thread?

workingclass artist on April 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Prepare for your IRS colonoscopy patriots.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

And there will be no anesthetic available unless you have purchased an ObamaCare Platinum plan. Since you didn’t, you must chose between biting down on a bullet or a stick.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM

what happened to the univision/rubio thread?

workingclass artist on April 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I think you only get to see that if you pressed two for Spanish.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I posted this http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/31/obamacares-victims-the-supercut/ on FB, and my daughter wrote the following in the comments. So, here’s what Opie and Anthony have waiting for them

I’m in the somewhat unique position of being extremely wary of the entire ACA and not supporting it as a solution to begin with, but also being in the financial situation that I need it. So I’ve been trying to use it, not hoping it will fail, but scrutinizing it more than its supporters.

I’ve been trying to use the site since it launched. I’ve deleted (once the option to delete actually became available!) and re-done three applications. I’ve made several calls over various errors, the one time I had thought I might get somewhere and left a message it took them about 2 months to get back to me.

At the end of each application I tried to complete, it told me their “verification system is temporarily unavailable” so I could electronically sign my application but I would have to check back in 24hrs. and basically do the application all again and try to submit it then.

It never worked. Always the same message. I finally called to fill out the application.

Turns out, calling basically means they’re going online & doing it for you. The woman read aloud the exact same notice and I told her I needed to talk to someone else. Surely someone could simply review it with their own eyes and tell me something??

She put me on hold to speak with someone and 5 months and a 45 minute phone call later I find out that it was the flippin’ apostrophe in my last name causing the problem!

If it said something other than “OUR system is down” or told me that certain characters weren’t recognized or hadn’t asked me every. Single. Time. If that name matched my social security card (it did!) I could’ve figured this out on my own!

Probably millions of people have accent marks in their names! I wonder how many of them are stuck??

During all of this I filled out & sent in a paper application, even though the lady on the phone when I requested one said the website would be MUCH faster (eye roll). To top it all off, later that day after I got off the phone & filled out an application without the apostrophe, I got my eligibility letter in the mail from my paper application.

Only took four months to tell me I might qualify for Medicaid (which I’m almost sure I don’t) and no other info. No insurance I could buy, with or without a discount. It said I could expect to hear from the State at some point.

I wasn’t going to wait. I called. Especially because the paper application was filled out using info for Last tax season, before {my 5th Grandchild – qm} was born.

And now we wait.

Again.

questionmark on April 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

This will not hurt the Demand, Obama has a pen and a phone :)

captnjoe on April 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM

His pen is to sign America’s death warrant and his phone is to call the Muslim Brotherhood and la Raza and tell them the happy news.

VorDaj on April 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Man, these guys use the ‘f-bomb’ as much as I do.

Man, I am one uncouth fellow.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Man, these guys use the ‘f-bomb’ as much as I do.

Man, I am one uncouth fellow.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM

You stared into the abyss, and it stared right back.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Lies. All lies.

Right, Democrats?

The Koch brothers paid them to tell these lies.

Right, Democrats?

Midas on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

only reaping what they sowed.

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM

That’s ok, frank. You’ve desecrated Antwerp and Newtie.

So far.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

You stared into the abyss, and it stared right back.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I’ve noticed, after the fact, that if I’m watching television or otherwise distracted, I use the same word twice. Sometimes in the same sentence. I need to quit that sh!t.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Helping the uninsured? Complete lives system of zeke emanuel would eliminate care for the non productive. Ah these socialists are so caring, vote democrat or suffer.

tim c on April 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

This turd needs to be pasted on all democrats, not just Obama. He’s gone in two years and it will be business as usual. Ted Cruz looks like a genius right now. He was the Paul Revere of this invasion.

Cheese Wheel on April 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

OOooohhh NELLY!!

Meople on April 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Sounds like O is thinking of scraping the employer mandate all together. The S-storm of enforcing the mandate could force him to resign.

Tater Salad on April 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

only reaping what they sowed.
frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM
That’s ok, frank. You’ve desecrated Antwerp and Newtie.
So far.
Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Lil’ Peacock!! Welcome!

How in the world did I desecrate anyone???

Of all here how did I know you’d be just fine with the desecration of a church?

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Of all here how did I know you’d be just fine with the desecration of a church?

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

It’s OK, frank. It was just a little one.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Of all here how did I know you’d be just fine with the desecration of a church?
frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
It’s OK, frank. It was just a little one.
Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM

True to form. Bravo, Lil’ Peacock, Brovo!

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sounds like Putin and Pu$$y Riot if you ask me.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Of all here how did I know you’d be just fine with the desecration of a church?
frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
It’s OK, frank. It was just a little one.
Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM

True to form. Bravo, Lil’ Peacock, Brovo!

frank on April 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sounds like Putin and Pu$$y Riot if you ask me.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM

They do! Is Putin the Lil’ Peacock? This place is getting weird.

Cheese Wheel on April 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

This place is getting weird.

Cheese Wheel on April 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

What do you mean ‘getting’?

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:56 PM

questionmark on April 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

1) Your daughter is a talented and entertaining writer.

2) Of all the smart points she made, this one really caught my attention. I wonder if the website has similar problems with another modern affection, which is hyphenated last names.

RushBaby on April 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I need to quit that sh!t.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Dude, is it time for an intervention? We told you smoking that stuff was bad for you.

Do you wanna talk about it?

Pless1foEngrish on April 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Oh, and frank? The apostrophe is inside Li’l. Not outside.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM

So have these guys been getting death threats yet? More than the usual number of death threats, that is? ;)

s1im on April 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Man … Love me some O&A in the morning. They finish up right about when Rush starts so I just flip from the XM player to the I <3 Radio player and keep on truckin with my work day.

They are my intellectual palate cleanser. Dumb funny, deprived humor that is in no way serious or relevant to society. Its toilet humor, and its my guilty pleasure.

That said,

Opie, the guy that complained about his policy being canceled, isn't a die hard liberal, but he was brought up on long island and therefore has leftist tendencies. Anthony, the other guy you hear, is about as die hard right wing as you can get up until you get to the social issues. He LOOOOOOVES his guns. He LOOOOOOOVES his money (as you might be able to tell) and he HAAAAAAAATTES Obama – a lot. He's also a racist – which doesn't help our cause much but that had more to do with the fact that he came from a f'd up childhood. He "knocked tin" for the first part of his life then hit it big when Opie found out that he and his brother could make some really funny song parodies.

Anyways, they do have political discussions from time to time. They seem to have mended bridges with the Catholic Defense League dude (can't remember his name). They're friends with Hannity, Gutfeld, and Coulter. They're also friends with Mark Maron who … I just have to turn off when they have on. Jimmy Norton, the comedian that is the third mic is pretty down the road politically. He's thinks he's well informed about issues but most of the time he only has half of the story.

Anwyays… a little background to this clip. Opie might be a leftie, but he's sick of paying taxes and he's sick of the government being a busy-body. I think Ant almost has him convinced to vote R next election cycle.

Defenestratus on April 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Oh yeah, and they’re the guys who got Breitbart to spill the goods on Anthony Weiner’s weiner.

Defenestratus on April 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Oh Lil’ Peacock it saddens me what you’ve been reduced to:

Oh, and frank? The apostrophe is inside Li’l. Not outside.
Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Technically it would be Li’ but who would understand that. The commonality of language, my friend; the commonality of language.

frank on April 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I thought funny men thought everything in life (especially in politics) is a big joke and doesn’t really affect them?

Schadenfreude.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM

frank on April 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

No, frank, technically it would not be.

Here. Repeat after me: “I, frank, am a douchebag…”

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

frank on April 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
No, frank, technically it would not be.
Here. Repeat after me: “I, frank, am a douchebag…”
Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Oh, Lil’Peacock this place is your life; get better at it.

I didn’t abandoned my children &, therefore have an obligation to educate them in the proper use of apostrophes; sadly it leaves insufficient time for me to educate you, too.

frank on April 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Frank on April 3…

Judging from your last post educating someone should probably light years
from your next job, particularly when it comes to grammar and basic
sentence construction.

What has happened around here? I look the other way for a bit and
the quality and substance of Trolls has taken a major hit.

Tenwheeler on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Frank on April 3…
Judging from your last post (sic) educating someone(sic) should probably light(sic)years
from your next job,(sic) particularly when it comes to grammar and basic
sentence construction. (Sic)
What has happened around here? (Sic)I look the other way for a bit and
the quality and substance of Trolls (sic) has taken a major hit.
Tenwheeler on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Got me! Grammar’s Lil’ Peacock’s thing not mine.

I’d rather argue on the merits.

frank on April 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

The IRS is your healthcare provider. Be sure to send them your stool sample by April 15.

John the Libertarian on April 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I’d rather argue on the merits.

frank on April 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Your sics were not in the right places. Cheers.

John the Libertarian on April 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM

I’d rather argue on the merits.
frank on April 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Your sics were not in the right places. Cheers.
John the Libertarian on April 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Of course they were.

frank on April 4, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Prepare for your IRS colonoscopy patriots.

Murphy9 on April 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

You’re going to find this both difficult to believe, and likely hilarious.

We (the IRS) have neither the time nor the money to enforce ACA. Unless you voluntarily admit and pay the fine, we have no enforcement mechanism. Those 50k IRS agents you keep hearing about us hiring? Nope…1200, all of them for handling ID theft tax fraud.

Have you ever tried calling us about the tax impact of ACA? We tell you to go to healthcare.gov. We, quite literally, can’t even spare the people to figure out what the penalties and requirements are! There’s even a major grievance from NTEU (our union) against adding the responsibility to any existing job position. Not because of expanding the workforce or anything like that…they’re trying to force the money that might be spent on ACA into addressing TIGTA’s latest IDT review.

So, even the government employees who, theoretically, are supposed to make their money enforcing this crap legislation hate it.

Asurea on April 4, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I’d rather argue on the merits.
frank on April 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Your sics were not in the right (sic)places. Cheers.
John the Libertarian on April 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM

See where we’re headed here? Why I always argue on the merits.

frank on April 4, 2014 at 2:06 AM

They desecrated a Catholic Church and are no friends of true conservatives.

frank

The Catholic Church ain’t exactly friends of conservatives either.

xblade on April 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Dude all our hourly employees are being cut to 30 hours and they still think it’s just them and thisnt isn’t going on everywhere.

There is going to be that moment when the media simply can’t pretend all these stories are lies anymore. The impact is simply too large and everyone is going to know someone who gets screwed.

jhffmn on April 4, 2014 at 4:32 AM

The Catholic Church ain’t exactly friends of conservatives either.

xblade on April 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Now that is dumber then your usual posts.

celtic warrior on April 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM

What has happened around here? I look the other way for a bit and
the quality and substance of Trolls has taken a major hit.

Tenwheeler on April 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM

There was an open season a few weeks ago.

The low standard of being smarter than a box of rocks has not been properly enforced.

ajacksonian on April 4, 2014 at 6:59 AM

jhffmn on April 4, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Agree with second part. Wouldn’t hold my breath on the first.

talkingpoints on April 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM

If 6 million people lost health coverage and obamacare signed up 7.1 million how is that a big accomplishment ? Also factor in 10-15% haven’t paid first month premium. What am I missing the media acted like Obama just cured cancer

gxbhkt on April 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM

…To top it all off, later that day after I got off the phone & filled out an application without the apostrophe [in my last name], I got my eligibility letter in the mail from my paper application.

questionmark on April 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

The good news: You application has been successfully launched into the ACA ether.

The bad news: IRS coming after you for identity theft.

Tsar of Earth on April 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM

This is kind of encouraging in that although he doesn’t engage in politics nearly as much as Anthony does, Opie has usually leaned toward the left. He sounds like he’s having an epiphany in this clip, I’ve never heard him like this before.

jdespirito on April 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

That’s ok, frank. You’ve desecrated Antwerp and Newtie.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance.
Actually it was Coffee Lover and Newtie not ALT.

Buttercup on April 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Asurea on April 4, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I don’t believe a word you typed.

Murphy9 on April 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

This is, in part, how they hit their target.

This demands an investigation, at a minimum, and may represent a criminal conspiracy to use personal data for political purposes. After all, the political significance of hitting that number was a compelling motive.

bobcalco on April 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I personally know friends who received this letter from HHS even though they had NO INTENT whatsoever of signing up or in any way supporting ACA’s arbitrary 7 million sign ups number.

Turns out, they were counted in that number against their will because HHS could rummage through state information and create an application “for them.”

That is so wrong on so many levels and really ought to be a scandal.

bobcalco on April 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM