Wow: Every major demographic now considers alcohol more harmful than marijuana

posted at 10:41 pm on April 2, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via the Week, the most eye-popping result from an eye-popping Pew poll showing American attitudes towards drugs softening in various ways. Not only does every demographic now regard alcohol as more harmful than weed, it’s not remotely close. Even when you ask people whether their opinion would change if marijuana was widely available, alcohol still wins by double-digit margins within every group, including seniors(!).

Prohibition can’t survive a result like this for much longer. If a drug universally regarded as more dangerous is perfectly legal, pot’s Schedule I status isn’t long for this world.

dem

You’ve got clear majorities of Republicans on both halves of that question. Which is not to say that people are sanguine about legalization: Although 54 percent now support it, 55 percent say drug abuse is a “serious problem” and 54 percent think legalization will inevitably lead more kids to try it. That sounds like people have decided, correctly in my opinion, not that there are no risks to legalizing weed but rather that the risks of continued prohibition are greater. Other data points to the same conclusion. Sixty-three percent now oppose mandatory sentences for drug offenses; in 2001, just 46 percent did. Sixty-seven percent support treatment for illegal drug users versus just 32 percent who prefer prosecution. That’s something close to total victory for the NORML types out there. The change in opinion is probably too late to shift candidates’ attitudes much for the 2016 election, since both parties are terrified of what seniors might do if this becomes a hot button, but by 2020 you may have an openly pro-legalization candidate heading the Democratic ticket and someone not far from that position heading the Republican one.

One interesting, expectation-confounding wrinkle that caught my eye was this:

bwl

Blacks and whites are, for once, in basic agreement — but Latinos vary considerably. Why is that? Any theories?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

It should go without saying but having better recall than the average ‘rat voter isn’t a high bar to clear. Heck, their lack of recall is probably a big part of why those people vote Democrat in the first place.

alchemist19 on April 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I don’t care who are. That there is funny!

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM

They both have a medicinal value in a Christian society, and most alcoholic beverages can be consumed in moderation, without drunkenness.
But a large number of my fellow Americans (some of whom comment here) engage in alcohol consumption specifically for the expressed purpose of drunkenness.

That’s where the debate really “heats up”.

Casual moderate alcohol consumption has never been a problem.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

BISH!!

And context matters…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Saying people don’t drink a beer or a shot of whiskey to feel the effects of alcohol is like saying people don’t drink a cup of coffee to feel the effects of caffeine.

iceman1960 on April 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I only drink decaf. Coffee, tea, or sodas. Never used the caffeinated version of any of the above.

Quite aside from the way it affects my sleep patterns, caffeine conflicts with a couple of prescription drugs I have to take.

I drink coffee for the same reason I drink tea, sodas, fruit juices, and plain water.

I happen to like the flavor.

I’ll have mine with non-dairy creamer, no sugar, please.

clear ether

eon

eon on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Just food for thought.

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Hey slick meet Alchy. You two would make a cute couple.

CW on April 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Absolutely no idea what your talking about. Can you explain?

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I was just minding my own business when my joint fell out of my hand and burned down 3,000 acres of pristine Forrest while minding my own business.

So lay off.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Alright, I’ll deal with this.

I don’t know about you but I assume the writer of the original post, in his/her reference to “alcohol” was referring to “drunkenness”, the same way the New Testament writers implied when speaking of wine. I understood, or at least thought I understood his/her implication.

I’m disappointed that you did not. That was why I said your response sounded like someone who reads the Bible as if it’s a technical manual.

Cleombrotus on April 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Cleo, thank you. That’s all I was waiting for you to say. Unfortunately, there are some Christian churches, none of which I have personally ever belonged to, that consider the very act of drinking alcohol to be a sin in and of itself. This is not a view which I personally share, nor do I think it is consistent with sola scriptura theology. That’s all.

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

alchemist19 on April 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I don’t care who are. That there is funny!

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM

That there is the TRUTH.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

So lay off.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Forrest who? Tucker?

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Casual moderate alcohol consumption has never been a problem.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Ditto. As a believer in Jesus Christ’s divinity and perfection, I do believe that excessive drunkenness can be an occasion for sin of the sort that Jesus specifically warned his disciples to avoid. In that aspect, I think most of us are on the same page here.

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

That there is the TRUTH.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I know, but it made me laugh as I was drinking coffee.

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

And back in Jesus’ day, people drank wine like many of us drink water or milk today. As I understand it, wine was “cleaner” than the water back then.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I was just minding my own business when your baby started inhaling my secondary pot smoke and I felt uncomfortable about it. So maybe you should roll your stroller away so I can roll another joint man.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

And weaker, too. They didn’t have yeast to add to wine in granules like we do now. The process of fermentation took time — weeks in most instances. That is why Passover is celebrated with unleavened bread. It’s a remembrance of a time when they had to make such haste, they couldn’t wait for the natural yeast in the air to leaven their bread.

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Not that old, eh?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Forrest who? Tucker?

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

F troop back to normal sir.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

This blows! I don’t want my last posts today to be on a damned dope thread!

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Sarah Palin is on the Tonight Show playing with Jimmy Fallon’s Vlad Putin…

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

If you realize that, then why did you appear to make it a big deal about the water Jesus turned to wine? To me, context matters regarding something like that.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Your assuming that Jesus turned the water into fermented wine. He could of very well of turned into the wine into harmless grape juice. If I remember correctly the word for fermented and unfermented wine is the same in the New Testament and is used interchangeably. Just food for thought.

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I have acquaintances who really want that argument to fly. They’re Christian, they believe Jesus turning water into wine is problematic, because they think drinking wine is wrong –

It’s just, so — I won’t say it’s intellectually dishonest. I will say it’s a well-meaning but desperate reach.

Anyway, the rest of the story; what the host had to say about the “grape juice”:

They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

. . . Jesus’ first miracle was to turn water into wine. And wine isn’t grape juice. And if that is still somehow arguable, there’s this:

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

“‘We played the pipe for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not mourn.’

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

^ Surely that should end the matter.

Axe on April 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM <—–He loves nature in spite of what it did to him

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM

If you don’t inhale you won’t be able to blow.

BTW I was minding my own business when your eyes got my secondary dope smoke in them and started watering and made me feel uncomfortable. So can’t you just close your eyes so I can enjoy stinking up the place.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Sarah Palin is on the Tonight Show playing with Jimmy Fallon’s Vlad Putin…
Great skit…

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

eon on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I hate to break it to you but decaffeinated does not mean “non” caffeinated.

Ruckus_Tom on April 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I know what you mean. But that’s what happens when we read the Bible as if it’s a technical manual rather than a perspective.

Cleombrotus on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I believe “beverage” refers to water mixed with wine. Evidently water went bad, especially on the long voyages to the New World.

John the Libertarian on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is smoking marijuana legal in public in Colorado or Washington?

alchemist19 on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Do you think then that causal marijuana use would be ok too for a Christian? Could you ever envision Jesus smoking a blunt?

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

wonder if they added cigarettes/cigars/pipes how the poll would work out.

RonK on April 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM

You don’t think…no, he’s not listening…no…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Cleombrotus on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

For being “a” perspective, people sure do have a lot of differing opinions on what it all means. And some biblical exegesis just strains credulity.

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

alchemist19 on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Farting is also legal. Hey man I was minding my own business when your nose started smelling my Farts and pot smoke which made me feel uncomfortable.

So can’t you just plug your nose so I can mind my own business and smoke dope and fart whenever I want.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Sarah Palin is on the Tonight Show playing with Jimmy Fallon’s Vlad Putin…
Great skit…

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

That was priceless, hope we get a blog thread on it tomorrow with the vid feed…

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

John the Libertarian on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Wine went bad. :)

Which is why we have delicious Port.

Hey, you know what’s better than Port?

Sex with stoned hookers.

Axe on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

You don’t think…no, he’s not listening…no…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

DAMMIT!

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

That there is the TRUTH.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I know, but it made me laugh as I was drinking coffee.

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I laughed too (but without the coffee) . . . . . good humor must have truth in it.

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

John the Libertarian on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Or the sediment from the water settled down to the bottom of the bolas or other containers, and mixing the water with wine would make the water last longer…

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Grateful Dead – Truckin’

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Wharf rat – Grateful Dead

Everyone said
I’d come to no good
I knew I would
Pearly, I believed them
Half of my life
Spent doing time for some other f*er’s crime
The other half found me
Stumbling around, drunk on burgundy wine

kcewa on April 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Ric, I don’t touch the stuff. Nor do I have any desire to. But as the gospels make it pretty clear that Jesus hung out with the dregs of Jewish society, I have to believe he would have ministered to the stoners whether he was one or not.

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Yep…he is… :P

Sorry, Lancie–I couldn’t resist…forgive this Beloved Broad?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hey, you know what’s better than Port?

Sex with stoned hookers.

Axe on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

That’s the way I prefer them, yes.

John the Libertarian on April 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Is smoking marijuana legal in public in Colorado or Washington?

alchemist19 on April 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Speaking for washington…define legal? It’s illegal but the most the police will do is tell you that.

kcewa on April 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Would make a nice QOTD to make up for lack of same tonight, wouldn’t it?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Every major demographic now considers alcohol more harmful than marijuana

A lot of people like to have their cake and eat it too.

How about passing a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol consumption? We can’t have a difference of opinion. Mandatory week, illegal booze.

FrankT on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Sorry, Lancie–I couldn’t resist…forgive this Beloved Broad?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Broad? You’re a nice lady. Like Sophie.

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

FrankT on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Frank, Frank Frank Frank Frank…

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

OmahaConservative on April 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Would make a nice QOTD to make up for lack of same tonight, wouldn’t it?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

We have always treated the last thread posted here as the QOTD when Allah gets too lazy to post one…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Lanceman on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Thank you, Lancie. And thank you for stepping up with frank earlier.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

kcewa on April 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Do the police not have the power to do anything or are they using their discretion and simply choosing not do anything beyond a verbal warning?

alchemist19 on April 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Sorry, Lancie–I couldn’t resist…forgive this Beloved Broad?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Speaking of beloved broads, — SOPHIE! Come smooch me or something! I have to go back to work soon, and you are currently busy eviscerating Reid. :)

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Do you think then that causal marijuana use would be ok too for a Christian?

Ric on April 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Remember that verse about, “when I was a child, I spoke like…etc.”?

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

FrankT on April 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

That was tried once already. Reread the Constitution.

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Hey man I was minding my own business pan handling for money to buy some weed when several pedestrians tried to avoid me by walking into the street which made me feel uncomfortable.

So man, can’t you just deposit some money into my account so I can mind my own business and pan handle somewhere else?

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Quick someone, toss out a tune…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

*smooooch!* Will that hold you until Sophie comes, Axe?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Sophie was around this morning.
But I got to thinking about the Culcha Vulcha this afternoon.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

I don’t disagree with a thing you’ve said tonight, Sparky. But I should point out that the problems you have illustrated are not unique to marijuana by any stretch. Marijuana and tobacco are in fact switching places along the continuum of social acceptability. The only reason I can think of for that is fashionability, plain and simple.

gryphon202 on April 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hey man, I was minding my own business breaking into your house to get money to buy some reefer when I hurt myself climbing into the window.

So man, can’t you just leave the front door open a roll me some joints so I can mind my own business and not have to crawl in through the window which made me feel uncomfortable.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Marijuana is regarded as “less dangerous” than alcohol because it’s been illegal for the entire lifetime of pretty much everyone who is alive now, and what little legalization exists in the US is very recent. Give it a few years and the stats may change. When people in most places can buy weed like they buy a sixpack, the negative aspects of marijuana intoxication will quickly become apparent.

As a former marijuana user, I am perplexed that people cannot understand just what a powerful intoxicant it is. Alcohol is too? You don’t say. Imagine how much more damage can be done with two major intoxicants being legal – and one of them being used by people who think it entirely benign and harmless.

dkmonroe on April 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

gryphon202 on April 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Well we can at least agree that Jesus would hang out and minister to today’s dregs of society. As for the drinking in moderation, I agree that reasonable people can agree to disagree. Have a good night.

Ric on April 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I am and have always been a Christian since my baptism as an infant. Every single time I have smoked pot or drank alcohol I was looking to catch a buzz, whether small or large. Our Triune God provided the wherewithal to consume both…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

OC, is Ratso baptized? Hey what is the critter doing now?

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I started saying this about 30 years ago, but I don’t advocate legalizing pot. They’re both dangerous and shouldn’t be used except by prescription from a legitimate physician. I’ve seen enough of the results of both, along with other drugs, as a public defender to conclude that they aren’t worth the “fun” they deliver. We should consider the death tolls, and alcohol’s are far worse. However, if you consider the resources, lives, time and minds wasted, marijuana doesn’t really have much to recommend it either. The arguments for medical marijuana are sketchy, at best, and hardly justify making it as freely available as they just did in Colorado.

This is as idiotic as the rapture during FDR’s administration over repealing prohibition. We are stuck on stupid.

flataffect on April 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

dkmonroe on April 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

The definition of “freedom” should be decided by a popular vote. What kind of person would dispute this? It’s clear from the Bible that Jesus is on the side of the marijuana prohibitionists.

non-nonpartisan on April 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Hey man,
SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hey man
Oh leave me alone you know
Hey man
Oh Henry get off the phone
I gotta
Hey man
I gotta straighten my face

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Dedicated to our fallen soldiers

And on that note, I bid Friends and Lurkers niters and sleep well!

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I have no problem making it legal to inhale marijuana smoke. It should be illegal to exhale it.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

This has GOT to be bait. Not gonna bite.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

This will be Obama’s legacy.

Bigbullets on April 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

This mellow thighed chick just put my spine out of place.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

*smooooch!* Will that hold you until Sophie comes, Axe?

Newtie and the Beauty on April 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM

That’s some seriously good smooching, and no mistake. :) So please don’t misunderstand me. It’s just —

My virtual girlfriend can smooch me like no woman ever has. :) She can smooch my soul.

. . . I think it comes from the weird construction of her mouth.

Besides, something big happened today, and I haven’t had a chance to otherwise talk to her, and I want to make sure

I want to make sure she checks her email and sees the screen-shot I sent her.

–Have to admit, though, I still feel your smooch tingle a bit. I have a pulse, you know. Real man, here. FLESH AND BLOOD

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Is this qotd?

wolly4321 on April 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Is this qotd?

wolly4321 on April 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM

It ain’t OOTD.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM

OC, is Ratso baptized? Hey what is the critter doing now?

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

No. Animals are souless.

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

This has GOT to be bait. Not gonna bite.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

OC trolling? :)

I don’t think that was bait.

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit – “Cigarettes and Wine”

She smelled like cigarettes and wine
And she kept me happy all the time
I know that ain’t much of a line
but it’s the Gods’ own truth
She lives down inside of me still
Rolled up like a twenty dollar bill
She left me alone with these pills
In the last of my youth

kcewa on April 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, the pursuit of Happiness and the right to blow stink weed smoke into your neighbors face while claiming you are minding your own business.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I don’t think that was bait.

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Please tell me it was bait. I hate it when my conservative friends are so misinformed.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

This has GOT to be bait. Not gonna bite.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Not bait at all. I am Chief of sinners, justified by faith through grace, sitting at the foot of the Cross…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I’m of a mind to turn this into a WD grumble thread.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I am a confessional conservative lifelong Lutheran Christian…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

This has GOT to be bait. Not gonna bite.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

lol — not bait, dude. :)

– Just a very straightforward point of view.

Axe on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

alchemist19 on April 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Using their discretion as directed bu the City Council and Mayor:

The Seattle City) Council adopted legislation today setting fines on smoking marijuana in public at the same level as public consumption of alcohol, $27. The legislation notes that the Seattle Police Department will issue a warning to offenders whenever practical before issuing a citation. The bill requires SPD to monitor enforcement by age, race, sex and locations of any citations, so Council can evaluate whether the law is being equitably enforced. The ordinance goes into effect thirty days after it is signed into law by the executive.

kcewa on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I double dare you. What is WD?

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

listens2glenn on April 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on April 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Totally true. “Montezuma’s revenge” didn’t originate with Mexico.

listens2glenn on April 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I’m of a mind to turn this into a WD grumble thread.

Lanceman on April 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

After lecturing you for going offtopic, bluegill wants to smooch you, followed by frank. Are you up for it?

non-nonpartisan on April 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I am a confessional conservative lifelong Lutheran Christian…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

…who smokes pot.

I’m sorry, OC, but, without having to make a decision about it, on the day I became saved I just stopped smoking pot. Never needed it ever again. Hard for me to understand a Christian to whom it appeals.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Wow: Every major demographic now considers alcohol more harmful than marijuana

Well yeah. If it’s Zima, hell yeah.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Wow: Every major demographic now believes that if Elliot cooked ET he would taste like chicken.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM

or any other mind altering substance.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Every major demographic now considers alcohol more harmful than marijuana

What does this even mean? Are there minor demographics?

kcewa on April 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I am a confessional conservative lifelong Lutheran Christian…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM

…who smokes pot.

Cleombrotus on April 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Did I say I still sit around smoking pot? I used to, but my God offers absolution when I am a broken and fallen Christian and I am repentant…

I am not a MethoBabtiCostal Evangelical, but an Evangelical catholic Lutheran Christian…

OmahaConservative on April 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM

To those who think that pot has no effect on your health or brain I say to you one word.

DAVE.

SparkPlug on April 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Qotd= only 500+ hits. Every night.

I think we expect it. For a reason.

wolly4321 on April 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM