Compassion: Anti-Obamacare cancer patient smeared by Reid now receiving death wishes from liberals

posted at 7:51 pm on April 1, 2014 by Guy Benson

Welcome to your feel-bad story of the month.  Remember Julie Boonstra?  She’s the single mother fighting leukemia who appeared in an anti-Obamacare television ad running in Michigan:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid assailed Ms. Boonstra, and others like her, in a breathtakingly mean-spirited floor speech — going so far as to say that “all” of their negative experiences were “untrue” and “lies.”  Reid now claims he doesn’t remember saying any such thing, but there’s video tape:

In his effort to discredit Boonstra, Reid relied on a Washington Post “fact check,” which effectively ruled her story half true.  In fact, every claim Boonstra made in the ad has been confirmed, as explained by the Detroit News’ Dan Calabrese (see update below):

Boonstra is on five different medications to help deal with her leukemia. The Blue Cross PR spokesman claimed that they are all covered. But when Boonstra went to fill her prescription for Loratadine — a prescription-level equivalent of Claritin that she uses to control congestion brought on by chemotherapy — she was told that Loratadine is not covered. She has not yet attempted to restock any of her other meds but she is already having to come with strategies to deal with that problem. The $5,100 cap on Boonstra’s out-of-pocket spending is for in-network care only. If she has to go out of network, she could spend an additional $10,200…When Boonstra was first diagnosed, she had to go through a painstaking process to get approval for her chemotherapy drugs to be covered. When she finally found insurance she liked, she had no problem with the chemo drugs. She now says that process is starting all over again. Boonstra has already had to cut back on her bone marrow biopsies, which she was having on a regular schedule she had worked out with her doctor, because she doesn’t have clarification on whether these will be covered. I could go on, but the bottom line is this: Julie Boonstra told the truth, and arrogant media “fact checkers” had a lot of nerve claiming she hadn’t when they never even talked to her.

Nevertheless, Reid’s inaccurate nasty gram touched off a torrent of bile from Obamacare supporters,  including this delightful care package Boonstra received in the mail:

Die, because your experience is inconvenient to my “pissed off” ideology. Incidentally, Ms. Boonstra isn’t the only Obamacare victim who received a cancellation notice, and whose subsequent plan presents out-of-pocket hardships:

Breast cancer survivor Ginny Mason was thrilled to get health coverage under the Affordable Care Act despite her pre-existing condition. But when she realized her arthritis medication fell under a particularly costly tier of her plan, she was forced to switch to another brand. Under the plan, her Celebrex would have cost $648 a month until she met her $1,500 prescription deductible, followed by an $85 monthly co-pay. Mason is one of the many Americans with serious illnesses — including cancer, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis — who are indeed finding relatively low monthly premiums under President Barack Obama’s law. But some have been shocked at how much their prescriptions are costing as insurers are sorting drug prices into a complex tier system and in some cases charging co-insurance rates as high as 50 percent. That can leave patients on the hook for thousands.

Another example from North Carolina:

Amy Newbold, a 57-year-old saleswoman from Randolph County, N.C., lost her employer insurance last year. Through HealthCare.gov, she found a mid-tier “silver” plan with premiums that at first blush are $75 a month lower than her previous policy. But there are no savings, she said, since her old premiums were paid with pretax dollars and Obamacare premiums are paid with aftertax dollars. Newbold said she faces substantially higher drug costs for arthritis and psoriasis and worries that an out-of-pocket maximum of $5,000 could put needed medicines out of reach. “I feel left out in the cold, and I don’t know why it has to be that way,” she said

Maybe Reid can make these “liars” famous, too.  Indeed, unleashing left-wing wrath on ordinary people for the sin of speaking out must be a pretty effective method of stifling dissent — which is precisely what Reid wants.

UPDATEWaPo’s fact-checker, Glenn Kessler, emails the following statement, taking issue with the Detroit News column excerpted above:

I have to differ with the columnist at the Detroit News, who never bothered to contact me and who also has differed with the reporting of his own newspaper. I repeatedly sought to reach Julie Boonstra and repeatedly pressed Americans for Prosperity for more information to document her statements in the ad. Nothing that has emerged has contradicted my conclusions about the facts in the ad as AFP presented them. Moreover, I awarded Pinocchios to Harry Reid for his remarks about AFP’s ads—and I think those hateful letters to Ms. Boonstra are beneath contempt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

your coat hanger of healthcare legislation.

Congratulations.

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Ouch!
Consider that borrowed, rogerb.

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Use it freely with my blessings*.

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 9:05 PM

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Remember the stalinist lawyer jimbo3?

That’s him. He’s back.

Murphy9 on April 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I believe you are right and … bows in silent awe.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Someone – anyone – *please* publicly identify the person who wrote and sent that letter.

*Please*.

Midas on April 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM

–For all anyone knows, it was a GOP operative wanting to use this to smear the Democrats.

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

bimmcorp on April 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I once asked my UC Davis nephew and his boyfriend to leave the Thanksgiving dinner table when they wouldn’t stop about how Palin should have killed her youngest instead of holding him in public,
and when they resisted, I asked his parents to take them out of my house if they wouldn’t STFU . I made them GTFO.
Good times :D

burrata on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

* FWIW Akzed, these are the sorts of things I enjoy turning around. Pointing out hypocrisy of those critical of believers or our pro-Obamacare, pro-choice, anti-2nd Amendment friends is always more fun when it can be done with the tools they custom made for the job.

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Yeah. Cause the GOP and conservatives have a long history of hate crime hoaxes./

GFY.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I have felt for some time now that there is another Civil War on the horizon. The chasm between the left and right has grown so wide and the hatred is palpable. I have never felt as much anger and disassociation from fellow ‘Americans’ as I have these past 10 years or so. and it grows worse as time goes along. I already have cut loose all friends and family that are progressive liberals. I want nothing to do with any of them. It’s really sad, but, for me, there is no middle ground here. Either you are a traditional American or you are a liberal. If y’all are a liberal…stay away from me please.

bimmcorp
on April 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM

What did Clemenza say in The Godfather? Something along the lines of there needed to be a war every few years to clear out the bad blood. Maybe we’re long overdue for a Civil War to do just that.

Phoenix7
on April 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM

In this nation, there should never be a “need for a civil war to clear out the bad blood.”

The only reason one seems (and in fact may be) imminent, is because the Christian believers got LAZY in the years immediately after the great WWII.
Christians stopped being “the salt of the earth”, and and the country began to ‘spoil.’ The biggest leap in becoming “spoiled” happened in the 1970s. The speed of this “spoiling” slowed down in the 1980s, but it never stopped, and has still steadily continued to worsen until now.

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Bless your heart.

grasping at other people’s straws.

It must suck to be you.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM

My family never could gather without some sort of discussion of politics coming up. As on of the elders, I find my nieces and nephews to be insufferable, whining liberals, with their hands out with the expectations that they are owed all of the amenities that used to be reserved for those who worked for and earned them. I am incapable of keeping my mouth shut around such people, so I am a persona non grata with them. I love your ‘Godfather’ reference, too.

bimmcorp on April 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Ugh. Sorry. That’s too bad. Seems like half of my family/friends leans left and the other leans right so at least it’s not a total wash.

I’m going to be 40 this year but the mentality of some (not all) of today’s youth just mystifies me. They can’t write, spell, use proper grammar, or communicate in an intelligent manner–yet they all think they should be paid $50,000 out of college and/or be the CEO by the time they’re 25.

All of life’s answers lie buried in either The Godfather, The Simpsons, or Seinfeld.

Phoenix7 on April 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Point out the hotair.com commenters who believe “our side” has “a monopoly on virtue.”

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 8:36 PM

…you forgot to start…the sun dial for urban defeatist!

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I blame them for getting lazy and giving in to government.

It was easier to pay taxes than get their hands dirty helping the less fortunate.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Phoenix7 on April 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I’m screwed.

never seen any of those.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:19 PM

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM

You’re right that there shouldn’t be a need, but Obama–the alleged great uniter–is the one pushing us towards it by constantly stirring up the pot. Can you think of any other President in US history standing before its citizens and saying “the debate is over” on anything and just dismissing them like servants?

I never thought I’d see a sitting US President that not only hates its citizens so much, but also hates the concept of the country as a whole.

We need a Reagan again in 2016. I just don’t know if we have one.

Phoenix7 on April 1, 2014 at 9:21 PM

The Pharisees are alive and well in the Democrat party.

And the label ‘hypocrites’ sticks in the 21st century just as firmly as it did in the 1st century.

s1im on April 1, 2014 at 9:23 PM

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I think you are right. The post WWII era was a time of booming prosperity, and ‘Leave it to Beaver’ households, of which I am a product. In the ’60s, we began to really let our morals go with the sexual revolution, ‘women’s lib’, drug usage, etc. It was accelerated in 1973 with Roe v Wade, sealing the abdication of any sense of Christian values and/or virtues. We have been on a downward slide ever since…just as the Bible has prophesied. It will not end well for our nation, I fear.

bimmcorp on April 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Yes; it may also be a wizarding student who is forced to write it with an enchanted quill by an evil headmistress bent on breaking his spirit.

But, since what you posit has never ever been done by any GOP operative, ever, I’d go with the more likely suspects first. Dems with no souls.

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM

If the left had just not made it a habit of effing with my life at every turn,, I could ignore them being vile.

However those chose to be/do both.

So when the time comes and the dam breaks I have a lifetime to. Make up for.

Logic and reasoning failed. So someday I fear I’ll have to go their route.

Emotion and rage,, only I never vented much of it through the years.

It’s all waiting to go supernova.

wolly4321 on April 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Murphy9 on April 1, 2014 at 9:13 PM

What could he possibly have Said to get banned?

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:28 PM

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I blame them for getting lazy and giving in to government.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

But that’s one example of the contemporary (1945 thru 1975), resident American Christians FAILING to be the “salt-of-the-earth.”

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM

We notice a dearth of proof in your post.

Akzed on April 1, 2014 at 8:16 PM

There’s a whole thread on it, right here at HA. Linkie link! Full of compassionate conservatism toward children.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I’ve noticed that more people refuse to be identified when (and if) they speak with the local news about medical insurance problems.

Reid and the rest of them know exactly what they are doing.

forest on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

“Compassion” for liberals isn’t an emotion, it’s a tactic.

Socratease on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Man!? Is that how you live with yourself?

Living a lie to keep from having to admit just how bad your side is?

You may be stupid, but most of us ain’t.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM

-Law enforcement sources said that probably the best example of the sabotage was the fabrication by a White House aide — of a celebrated letter to the editor alleging that Sen. Edmund S. Muskie (D-Maine) condoned a racial slur on Americans of French-Canadian descent as “Canucks.”

The letter was published in the Manchester Union Leader Feb 24, less than two weeks before the New Hampshire primary. It in part triggered Muskie’s politically damaging “crying speech” in front of the newspaper’s office.

Washington Post staff writer Marilyn Berger reported that Ken W. Clawson, deputy director of White House communications, told her in a conversation on September 25th that, “I wrote the letter.”

Interviewed again yesterday, Clawson denied that he had claimed authorship of the “Canuck” letter, saying the reporter must have misunderstood him. “I know nothing about it,” Clawson said.

William Loeb, publisher of the Manchester paper, said yesterday that although the person who signed the letter — a Paul Morrison of Deerfield Beach, Fla. — has never been located, “I am convinced that it is authentic.”

However, Loeb said he is investigating the possibility that the letter is a fabrication because of another letter he received about two weeks ago. The recent letter, Loeb said, maintains that another person was paid $1,000 to assist with the “Canuck” hoax.

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Old hotness:

No, he used his legal authority to delay aspects that will cause political headaches but which will, as the website thing did, finally resolve themselves into a functional system that delivers needed health care to people the Republican Party doesn’t give a rat’s butt about.

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM

New hotness:

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Don’t sell yourself short. You’re one of the smuggest pieces of libtrash that posts here.

HumpBot Salvation on April 1, 2014 at 9:37 PM

“I am convinced that it is authentic.”

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Oh. Well. As long as he’s convinced.

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Cool story, bra.

1972 called they want their bell bottoms back.

HumpBot Salvation on April 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM

*Please*.

Midas on April 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call ‘projection’.

Midas on April 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Just because that’s a common tactic among Democrats doesn’t mean the rest of the world has the same reptilian morals that you do.

Socratease on April 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I no longer deem that idiot worthy of a direct response.

But man, these trolls make the idiot trolls of just a few months ago seem like Einsteins.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Wait about 5 months. When OFA begins distribution of banked names for realsies.

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:42 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Ha. I just realized:

You did read this part above, right?

If not, you probably should.

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM

–I did. But the Detroit News’ conclusion was that she was going to save money. It wasn’t that everything she wrote was true. That’s what Calabrese (not associated with the Detroit News) wrote.

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 9:44 PM

So your offer of proof is;
1. A reporter for the WaPo (a lib paper) claimed a Nixon WH staffer fabricated a letter damaging to a Dem.
2. Staffer denies
3. Proof achieved! Yay Jim!

Wow, this is some weak-ass tea, right here, Jimbo.
Makes my Harry Potter theory look even better than when you weren’t offering proofs like this.

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM

there’s a whole thread on it, right here at HA. Linkie link! Full of compassionate conservatism toward children. xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

That’s all you have? I don’t want to pay higher taxes=William Ayers?

Or a list so effing long from progs promotingcommiting violence it boggles the mind?

Not raising my taxes equals that?

wolly4321 on April 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Wow, seriously?

An unproven assertion… by a Washington Post reporter… against a Republican aide… as archived and presented by Wikipedia.

You really should simply stipulate that you’ve got *nothing*, counselor.

Midas on April 1, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Sooner than that.

We have primaries, SCOTUS decisions, an economy on the verge of tanking and many more 0bama screw ups coming very soon.

The libs are going to have their hands full spinning.

Heck, Chris Mathews guests are going to need spit shields.

And MSNBC ratings will be up from so many righy’s watching for the laughs.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:47 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

You are a pathetic piece of trash. I hope your dandruff gets so bad you lose your job.

gryphon202 on April 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM

The American Left has no sense of decency. None whatsoever. They are a bunch of haters. Their’s is a false sense of moral superiority, but they act with no morality whatsoever.

oldennis on April 1, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Living a lie to keep from having to admit just how bad your side is?

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Hahahaha! THIS is rich. I’m a very conservative Christian. I’m also well aware of the human condition and the fact that the same spirit of vindictiveness that spurred the reaction to this poor woman (a ‘win at any costs’ attitude) is alive and well right here at HA and among some on the right, too.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

What could he possibly have Said to get banned?

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 9:28 PM

It’s odd really. His bannable comment was quoted by Cindy and not erased.

Let’s say, he is in it for the kids. :)

Murphy9 on April 1, 2014 at 9:59 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

My guess is that it’s a dem operative pretending to be a GOP operative or it’s one of the Koch brothers. Probably the tall one.

HumpBot Salvation on April 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You’ve reasserted this, but not yet proved your original assertion. This reduces your argument to because I said so – that’s why!

So, you’re relatively new here, and you’ve made an unfounded assertion, been caught, and not yet climbed out of the hole you’ve dug for yourself.

Stop digging. It’s the only way.

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

And I’m the queen of Sheeba.

The point is, you have no point and just throwing crap.

cozmo on April 1, 2014 at 10:04 PM

It’s odd really. His bannable comment was quoted by Cindy and not erased.

Murphy9 on April 1, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Huh. Except for the kids part, it was tame by MadCon standards. Hell, even by mine, I think.

Lanceman on April 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Not wishing painful death.
Sundial set for UE’s response – he may still be looking up the big words.

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 9:00 PM

…sorry!…didn’t see the sundial being set at the end of page one!…don’t want too many set!…he gets confused!

listens2glenn on April 1, 2014 at 8:36 PM

you forgot to start…the sun dial for urban defeatist!

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2014 at 10:17 PM

It’s gonna be all-out right vs. Left. I hope everyone knows how to shoot, fish and otherwise survive.

8 weight on April 1, 2014 at 10:21 PM

You’ve reasserted this
massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM

And will continue to. As a conservative, I’m embarrassed by some of the stuff I read around here. If you’re too jaded to feel similarly, that’s not my responsibility to fix.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Why are they being called ” liberals”? There is not a smidgen of liberal tendencies in these people .
Aren’t there better terms which describe their types better,
like —
left-wingers, Obama voters, ignorants, communists, marxists, socialists, anti-Americans, maoists, leninists, stalinists, naxalites , trotskyites, bolshoviks, anarchists, che-lovers,
Castronistas, Chavezists, koolaid drinkers, Pelosi worshippers, Reidists, liars, haters, thugs..etc.
?????

burrata on April 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

We do not have enough control of the media to accomplish this. But I agree totally with you.

8 weight on April 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

And now, an appeal to feelings?
Your conservatism’s engulfing me in waves!
All assertion no proof – seriously, put the shovel down, man!

massrighty on April 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Sounds like the way some compassionate conservatives here talk about kids.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Smells Like Hot Gas Open Reg Teen Spirit in here!

IMHO, the wNavigator unit was much funnier. But welcome.

Oh, and

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Anyone hear about death panels yet?

SC.Charlie on April 1, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Gracious! What a catchy name! Who came up with it?

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM

As we all know, there are crazies on both sides, sick people like those in article above and several here who has suggested that I myself die of cancer or in a car fire or any number of other horrible sort of ways. I am, like you appalled. I am not, like you, so smug to believe that my side has a monopoly on virtue.

urban effetist on April 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Please define “virtue” for us.

Oh, and take your time. Go “into conference” with verbaloon if you like.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Linking to a thread where you get pwned? Novel Concept!

A++++++++++

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Good Gravy, you’re a Fossil! In all of my years here at Hot Gas, that’s the very first time I’ve seen someone drag this ancient Onion-Leader story out.

What are you, Ed Muskie’s Great-Grandson or something?

F———-

(Lowest Grade)

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

But when Barack Obama and the Obama Party lie, cheat, and steal, that doesn’t bother you at all.

Amazing, isn’t it?

northdallasthirty on April 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM

dim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

PS, William Loeb died 33 years ago.

Were you even alive then?

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:45 PM

. I’m a Proud Member of the Democrat Party, which lost the college graduate vote in 2012 while increasing its share of the high school dropout vote to 80%.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Edited.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

As a conservative, I’m embarrassed by some of the stuff I read around here.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

You “proved” same by linking to another thread where you had your getalife kicked into Low Earth Orbit.

Well played, as rogerb would say.

F+

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Carpet Bombing completed.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Please define “virtue” for us.

Oh, and take your time. Go “into conference” with verbaloon if you like.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Urby and Verby.
Good luck with that!

22044 on April 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM

OK, that’s ridiculous, but as much as I despise Liberalism, I doubt there are really that many involved with this harassment.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Bastards.

MisterElephant on April 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM

So: yeah, I remember where I was when I heard that JFK had been shot. And at the end of the day I have to deal with Harry Reid? Please.

tenore on April 1, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Linking to a thread where you get pwned? Novel Concept!

A++++++++++

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Edited.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Well played, as rogerb would say.

F+

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Carpet Bombing completed.

Del Dolemonte on April 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Evidence of the kind of vituperative immaturity you should all be embarrassed by. It’s no different than the morons at HuffPo blathering and foaming invective at you while you do the same at them. Two sides, same coin. Truly, it makes me embarrassed to be a conservative, seeing some of the stuff you all post here and allow to be posted here. Hatred of children essentially no different than the Party of Abortion. Hatred of your fellow man, assuming they’re grubby and out to get your tax dollars. Hatred of liberals who obviously must be motivated by animus that would lead to running you to the ovens, because how could they possibly be humans with different values?

It’s boring, honestly. Boring and ugly.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM

No, you’re a jackboot facist if you believe in socialized medicine. Who gave you the right to vote away my rights to my own body? I am so tired of all the dems/left/progressives who endlessly talk about a woman’s right to choose and then tell us that the rest of our bodies are property of the state.

Mark this moment well urban elitist, when things collapse and they will, scores will be settled.

I am not your slave and the affordable healthcare act is SLAVERY.

oryguncon on April 1, 2014 at 11:56 PM

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM

If you don’t link, here, where that was said, you’re a liar. If that was said, you be right. Now, links, please, for every example.

On topic, leftist thugs. Period.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Now, now, whenever you were reasonable you were treated right here.

How often have we ripped the R-weasels?

How often have you ripped anyone on your side?

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I hope she doesn’t get audited.

phatfawzi on April 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

bimmcorp on April 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I don’t think that a civil war is likely. At least not a civil war in the sense of combat between two somewhat symmetrical powers. And power does not just mean who has the most weapons or control of the military. Power is derived from much more than that – witness the Afghan mujahideen versus the Soviets or the North Vietnamese versus the USA. Currently, the Left is the most powerful force in America, in large part due to their control of the Media.

So I don’t think that the country is ripe for civil war. But I do think that their is a very high likelihood of severe violence. This will be initiated by the Left, either overtly, or more likely under a false flag. This will be followed by attacks from the Right, which will take the form of guerrilla activity. The conflict will escalate and be prolonged.

Obama and the Left are fomenting division and hatred. They are setting the stage for violence. Recall the purchase of a billion rounds of hollow point ammunition and hardened vehicles by Homeland Security. Those are evidence of what they anticipate.

justltl on April 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM

All of which could be prevented by an amicable national divorce, which the Left would never accept or allow.

justltl on April 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM

the tolerance of left in all its glory

tolerance and diversity

unless you put out the truth

then its hate and vile,

as in DEATH TO THE INFIDELS . . . .

see you dems at the polls nov 2014

sniffles1999 on April 2, 2014 at 7:32 AM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Wow, you really are quite bad at this. No matter. The day wasn’t a total loss. You made the list. Too bad really. I had hope for you.

Bmore on April 2, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Sounds like the way some compassionate conservatives here talk about kids.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Those on your side of the aisle would just rather kill them.

zoyclem on April 2, 2014 at 8:28 AM

We get back what we put into life. As a matter of fact, it is said that the evil or good we do comes back to us seven fold. Reid and his lefty pals would be well advised to buckle up.

thatsafactjack on April 2, 2014 at 8:29 AM

We need a Reagan again in 2016. I just don’t know if we have one.

Phoenix7 on April 1, 2014 at 9:21 PM

No – Reagan was a decent human being who felt the govt could be fixed.

It cannot. We need someone like a Lincoln – who felt so strongly about stopping the spread of slavery, and the abrogation of the 1820 Compromise which continued the slow progress towards eliminating that institution, that he took on the country. ALbeit he laid the seeds for what we have become, for which I’m not sure he could have known. But regardless, we need someone with Lincoln’s ferver to attack the DC megaplex and convince the electorate that DC is the problem – and that it needs to be pared back substantially.

Zomcon JEM on April 2, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Pelosi Won’t Run On ObamCare;22nd ‘pivot’ to jobs or economic issue by Democrats in last five years

When Pelosi can’t run on legislation she helped ram through,Obama’s ‘signature achievement’ and the single ‘achievement’ of the Democrats in five years, you know the Democrats are in trouble over ObamaCare.

thatsafactjack on April 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Well, that scandal is only working on half a century old. Great job there Columbo.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Pelosi claims ObamaCare will ‘create 4 million jobs’.

Sure. Morticians, coffin manufacturers, grave diggers, and all those new federal employees to add to the bureaucracy processing the influx of forms denying care to seniors and the disabled.

thatsafactjack on April 2, 2014 at 8:45 AM

It’s boring, honestly. Boring and ugly.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Fear not comrade, that’s no reason for you to be embarrassed.

You’re no conservative.

runawayyyy on April 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Liberals, the new fascists.

kjatexas on April 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I’d say, given your comment, that this site isn’t a particularly good fit for you.

You are aware that you’re free not to read this site or to participate, despite having registered at the last open registration, aren’t you?

I’m fairly certain that management has never suggested to you that you’re duty bound to read this site daily or post any comment.

I sincerely wish you good luck in finding that site where every single comment is one that you can say you agree with 100% and every commenter is one with which you feel a true ideological kinship.

thatsafactjack on April 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 8:42 PM

$10,200 + $5100.

FWIW, those amounts are probably why she was pro-choice about her insurance, but you forced your way into her bedroom with your coat hanger of healthcare legislation.

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM

BTW, jim56, and in case I forget to tell you, congratulations again.

What’s currently happening to grocery budgets of families with small children? You did it.

What’s currently happening to middle class education savings? You did it.

What’s currently happening to retirement accounts? You did it.

What’s currently happening to the wealth average Americans struggled to accumulate and hoped to pass on to their grandkids? You did it.

And please don’t misunderstand and think I meant a general “you” as in “you (D)s are damaging savings accounts” or “you liberal/progressives are forcing private funds once available for local churches and charities (and tax deductions) to be given to massive insurance corporations at the point of a gun”.

I don’t mean it that way at all.

I mean you specifically, jim56.

You don’t know this woman, but you’ll shove yourself inside her business because you know what’s best for her

You did read this part above, right?

rogerb on April 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM

–I did. But the Detroit News’ conclusion was that she was going to save money…

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM

And she was asking for it, wasn’t she, jim56? I mean, the rest of us just couldn’t see how short her skirt was expensive her insurance was, right? Y’all knew what she needed, didn’t you jim56? And y’all knew how to give it to her, too, didn’t you? She just didn’t know how much she needed y’all inside her bank account, did she? And it was her fault anyway, wasn’t it jim56? I mean, she was begging for it with her bright red high heels medical expenses. Her problem was that she just didn’t know how badly she needed it, right?

You gave it to her, though, right? You took care of what she needed, didn’t you?

Congratulations again, jim56, for what you’ve personally accomplished against middle class Americans. Congratulations for what you accomplished against this woman and her choices, and especially her family.

You’re getting exactly what you wanted. Go ahead and get your “Mission Accomplished” banner ready for when your employer mandate kicks in.

rogerb on April 2, 2014 at 8:56 AM

jim56 on April 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Logically correct, but it requires a GOP willing to make difficulties for the Democrats. So, not very likely.

I would like to see an investigation of where all the Progressive comments in the media come from, though, especially the ‘down’ votes. Either the Progressives are more numerous than I’m eager to believe, or they’re more prolix than conservatives, or they’re being organized and motivated to debase political discussions distasteful to them.

PersonFromPorlock on April 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Liberals, the new fascists.

kjatexas on April 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Not new. They’re just not hiding it any longer.

98ZJUSMC on April 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM

When the SHTF…these kind of people will be the first to scream Please Help Me, Please give me food and shelter!!!…I can’t wait for that day…

PatriotRider on April 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM

ObamaCare… the modern version of “The Final Solution”…

PatriotRider on April 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Thanks to the God-hating socialists and their more stealthy spiritual counterparts in the GOP, we are now living in the age of moral anarchy!

Don L on April 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Dang Jackie. Always love your posts!

22044 on April 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM

It’s boring, honestly. Boring and ugly.
xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Which makes the fact that you ENCOURAGE it at HuffPo all the more entertaining.

Your schtick is the usual attempt by a desperate Obama liberal to get conservatives to hamstring themselves.

But since we know you are deplorable baby-killing pieces of filth who want cancer patients to die for criticizing Obamacare, we know full well you DON’T respect our values, morals, or standards. You will lie, cheat, and steal to get what you want, so we know you’re lying.

You’re essentially like the Taliban screaming that other people aren’t following the Geneva Conventions.

northdallasthirty on April 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Boring and ugly.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Your feigned outrage aside. Yes.

Bmore on April 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

It’s boring, honestly. Boring and ugly.

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Yet here you remain… Life under the bridge must get very dull for you, between fits of feigned outrage.

PatHenry on April 2, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Phoenix7 on April 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I’ll be 61 in October. If you had to put a political party label on me I suppose it would be that of a Conservative-Libertarian.

I finally gave up trying to pursuade the liberals in my family my outlook on politics and morals…I just go about my business, vote with my conscious, and do the best that I can with what I earned through my life. I concentrate on the things that I have control over and just let the other stuff float by as sewage.

Cherokee on April 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

thatsafactjack on April 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Such a site exists: DailyKooks. It must have been down at the time, so idiot xNavigator tried the tiresome old “as a conservative” shtick.

Hey, idiot xNavigator: You don’t fool anyone.

MisterElephant on April 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM

xNavigator on April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM

People with different values? That’s just fine. As a Christian, I call those people Jews, Catholics, Agnostics, etc… those are ‘different values’ and there is nothing inherently wrong with them.

You’re not talking about ‘values’ though, you’re talking about political ‘values’ such as redistributive taxation at the point of a gun. You’re talking about murdering viable children (you all supported Gosnell). Those are not ‘values’ — those are nothing more than the ‘wants’ of a depraved populace.

These are not ‘different values’ — The vast majority of what liberals want to do is simply, empirically, wrong.

nullrouted on April 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM

When the civil war starts…well, you get the picture.

they lie on April 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Cherokee on April 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I know what you mean… Most of my family is deeply conservative. However I have one cousin who married a black man, and predictably, that entire nuclear family thinks Obama is the Messiah. I’ve just written them off…

nullrouted on April 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM